Darkest Dungeon 2

Thoughts?

Attached: 51A44DC7-5B8C-4DCD-BBBB-1B0B031719CC.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

So far it looks like a pretty nice jpeg

I don't know, the first game was amazing but I'm not so sure what else you can add to the formula. I honestly don't know what to expect aside from pretty much the exact same things as the first game

Not sure how they're going to do a frozen mountain range with all their topless and middle-eastern characters.

Even the characters in that image don't seem dressed well for the setting, aside from maybe Highwayman.

First is one of my favorites. Really hope that user claiming they were hiring 3d artists a while back means we're getting Darkest Dungeon: Final Fantasy Tactics edition.

>omen seeker confirmed as new official class
holy based red hook

Attached: 1518047613609.jpg (1264x608, 360K)

Looks more Mountains of Madness, which is more aliens than eldritch, which I think the latest DLC was meant to hint at. Also evil penguin enemies.

Attached: cbvkjijrq0i01.jpg (960x673, 58K)

The mountain of madness in the teaser looks to be a low poly 3d model with flat textures. They could just be doing 3d environments while keeping the gameplay format roughly the same as the original.

I would also be happy with simply another axis added to party/enemy formation. It would add a lot of interesting option to movement based moves and targeting if encounters were 3x3, 4x4 or 5x5 grids.

I would still love longer, more structured gameplay. I love the CC dungeons and based on the interview quotes I think we'll see much more of that and less rougelite dungeon generation. Can't wait regardless. As much as I would have loved to see Red Hook try their hand at something different, this is exciting for me.

Didn't these guys try and claim Darkest Dungeon isn't inspired by Lovecraft?

>Lovecraft has sole rights to tentacles and sadness

based and deflectionpilled

I don't recall anything explicit like that, I'm sure they've probably said that there is plenty else it takes inspiration from. But if you find it feel free to share.

Attached: Snack fact.png (760x572, 247K)

>Color of madness

Looks like it could be fun. Excited to hear it won't be taking place all in one hub world. Hope they cut back on gay RNG shit.

I dont like that they are reusing the characters.

I think in a game like this it would be better to redo the art and skills, its not like its exactly overly expensive to do.

They said they are changing the combat but still.

Game needs less of a focus on grinding and shit. Seriously holds the first game back

I don't think they did, I almost wonder if you're thinking of Sunless Sea

>I don't wanna play the game

The problem with all 'creative' work is that you can simply trace it back one step and say that individual didnt do anything new since it will be based off something. is probably wrong though.

This.

They should remove levels entirely and just focus on trinkets and gear.

You're a fucktard. Go play a pointless MMO.

>Company is called Red Hook
>Literally a book by Lovecraft called 'The Horror at Red Hook'
Desu check your facts before you post something stupid

Off topic but I like to watch attractive older white women get fucked by black guys.

If Radiant Mode is too grindy for you, you're too casual for dungeon crawlers anyway.

What characters would they even do? They've touched upon a lot of archetypes in the first game. If they were to scrap every class and start with new ones while keeping the same setting the complaint would just change to "well this character is basically just a reskinned crusader." There's bound to be new ones in the sequel anyway.

Radiant mode should be the default desuwa.

>Bloodmoon mode should be the default

Fixed that for you

No.

Agreed.
Less grinding, more trinkets and rare drops.
Also more roaming rare and unique monsters that always drop great gear.
Less restrictive game play and more freedom.
Also, fuck the heart attack patch, that shit is a lazy fix to the max death's door resistance meta.
Less "have a print out of the wiki to progress" and more learn by doing it once.

I have 84 Hours in the first one and still haven't beat it. I kept getting discouraged when the hero I spent hours getting to a high level gets killed.

I had fun but it just isn't for me. Hope you guys enjoy.

>If they were to scrap every class and start with new ones while keeping the same setting the complaint would just change to "well this character is basically just a reskinned crusader."
And that would be fine.

Different graphics, different backstory, different skills. Might sit within similar or the same archtypes but I just think they could have put in more effort mainly because the art style allows such a change easily.

Alien and Eldritch go hand to hand. Lovecraftian horrors are typically alien in nature.

Yeah, I sure love adding another 20 hours of unnecessary, tedious grinding to my playthroughs.

Radiant mode doesn't fix the actual problems with the game imo. I feel like the hamlet doesn't really add a lot of enjoyment to the game and could be improved significantly just by making it upgrade a lot faster. I don't like that radiant gives more exp and higher dodge ratings which make the combat easier. Basically the only good change in radiant mode is the change that allows heroes to reenter the darkest dungeon. That's how I feel anyway.

>Also, fuck the heart attack patch, that shit is a lazy fix to the max death's door resistance meta.
nah, u just a fag son

Great counter argument there mate

From what they have said it sounds like it wont have a town management system, so instead probably a camp system?

Might be something like you do a dungeon then set up camp to prepare for the next dungeon, and this is where you can change items/characters.

Sounds like a far better system than DD1, and I hope that also means the death of the grind. I honestly dont think it has any place in a game like this and it literally only exists to waste peoples time. In many ways its artificial difficulty, if you can complete a task in 5 minutes, dragging it out to 10 hours doesnt make it harder, it just makes it more tedious. I dont want to have to grind up characters just so I can take on the next stage of the game.

1st game was good, for sure but it was a little grindy.
Felt like it took forever to make progress, and then you could lose that progress with one bad run, and then you'd have to spend forever getting back to where you were.

heart attacks were necessary to make stress do anything at all other than slightly annoy you as characters waste a few turns which doesn't even matter in a good party because you just heal up that damage anyway
tl;dr u a fag

Why change part of what people love so much about the first one? If you go in any DD thread a significant number of posts are people talking about their favorite class in flavor, skills or both. You could expand the skills, equipment and trinket systems and keep the great characters people already enjoy while adding new ones. I guess I just don't understand this complain and see it a lot. We don't even know who is in, who is out and who is new. This might be the only sequel where I've seen people say they weren't looking forward to the main cast returning to.

Bounty hunter bros where you at

>20 hours

Stop wiping.

>If you go in any DD thread a significant number of posts are people talking about their favorite class in flavor, skills or both
Law of diminishing returns. New is always better.

I enjoyed it but I think I've had enough of this period for now. You stopped the cycle of destruction, that should be enough.

Either set in the modern era, far future or the ancient past. I for one would like to be putting together a myriad team of FBI investigators trying to stop a string of increasingly grisly rituals.

How can we make the game more attracting to the ADD people who want instant rewards? More loot? Epic legendary super loot? Make the game shorter?

I'm not expecting much. I think they are going to cater to more casual gamers. The fact the same cast is returning seems kinda low effort to me.

>This might be the only sequel where I've seen people say they weren't looking forward to the main cast returning to.
Just because I like the characters in one setting doesnt mean I would enjoy them in the next. The issue is that the characters make up a huge part of the game, in fact its pretty much the single most important decision you make.

People have played DD a lot and know the characters, good party compositions and skill synergies, that was fun discovering all that. But I don't want to go into DD2 and know that the Bounty Hunter is a great mover, or that Plague is a good CC/debuffer. I would rather have a whole new set of characters and skills and start from the beginning figuring out what combinations I like and I enjoy. I think the developer didn't realize that the interesting part of the characters was players experimenting, not their actual skills or qualities. No one is attached to Bounty Hunter, they are attached to the joy of figuring out how to use him well. Or that first time you use Leper and obliterate a boss.

Now I know how BH and Leper work, I am not going to get that same satisfaction using Leper the same was I did in DD1. I would rather a totally new character, even if it was just some giant sword using barbarian instead, who has slightly different mechanics.

I disagree,
They could've made it so that
1. When your characters reach high stress levels, there is a % chance that they will drop some of their gear and run out of the dungeon.
2. When your entire party stress each other out to high levels there is a % chance that they make up or start fighting each other.
3. Overall less loot and worse drops if you have high stress levels.
etc..
Just straight out deleting a character the player spent hours grinding because you don't like some players taking the high risk VS reward meta to it's limit with high death's door resistance play is just lazy game design

I could buy that if this was Darkest Dungeon 5(and even then this board disproves that with the general thread DmC5 is allowed) but it's not and if you don't believe there will be new character classes and/or a large expansion of gameplay elements for the existing characters then I don't know what to say to you.

Maybe they can have them wear appropriate clothing?
Fucking christ, dude.

Zoomers that can't play a game without instant rewards can never hope to enjoy a game like DD.
The idea that you might lose a character forever is impossible for them to accept

did anyone ever make mods for the omen seeker that make her tits normal sized/non existent?

Attached: k8c0f18_vb8pKyQ2XVgcHiPz0PJEdJQfNx2PF9yXYZw.png (640x322, 152K)

Why would you want that?

so they going to change the game style or just the art style ?
it seems the narrator is still in

i like flat chests

Then play the loli version.

What we really need is the left-most one.

You seem to think the characters will work and be the exact same when the only info we really have is

>We’re playing this pretty close to the chest! Our combat system is making a return, but we’re giving it a significant tune-up—mechanically, and in terms of presentation. Most significantly, however, we are working with a completely different metagame structure. Darkest Dungeon 2 is a game about enduring a gruelling journey, not cleaning up your backyard.

Which implies that the Leper and the BH won't work the exact same but will still be able to bring what you love about them. And I really can't believe there won't also be new classes from a team that was bringing in new classes from early access until the final DLC.

Agreed

I'm honestly hope a 6 hero party caravan, long journey to the mountains of madness, fighting your way through monsters and dangerous places, surviving, exploring, camping.
Also I hope for different, yet familiar new mechanics

that's why I'm asking for it you spaz

I can't wait. I hope they change everything about the game in the sequel. No more RNG. No more grinding. No more boring RPG combat. No town upgrading. Then it might finally be a game for me.

Attached: 1520746756242.jpg (335x369, 35K)

>Which implies that the Leper and the BH won't work the exact same but will still be able to bring what you love about them
You have poor reading comprehension, the experimentation is what was fun not the characters themselves.

This is just lazy reusing of assets which very easily could have been changed.

based

>poor reading comprehension
>I'm done with the conversation so I'll just say you can't read

Both the experimentation and the characters are fun. If they aren't just bullshitting with the interview there will likely be plenty of new ways to experiment with party/skill combos and setups. You might as well say why play any Zelda sequel ever? They're just lazily reusing assets that could very easily have been changed.

Remind me what did Ancestor do this time again? Can't he just like fuck off to somewhere no one lives?

It’s more that the Heart is affecting the world far outside the estate.

Im done with you because you're an idiot who failed to grasp why people are upset at them reusing assets.

You said you didnt understand, I told you why, you complaint. Doesnt change anything, most people want them to change the characters and not reuse them, get over it.

He learned the true nature of the world and mankind, the former being sort of a shell that the heart of darkness incubates in and the latter being spawn of the heart itself. The knowledge drove him to madness and he dedicated his life to serving the heart and eventually becoming a vessel for it. It will probably keep using him as a sort of avatar in the sequel just because Red Hook has no reason not to hire Wayne June again because he's a large part of what hooked people on the game in the first place.

They have as little reason as any other developer does to scrap their characters in a direct sequel. You're the retard for getting hung up on that as a complaint.

>Darkest
>2

Darkerest

Very excited. First game is a recent favorite of mine, and I’m game for whatever changes the devs feel like making for the sequel.

Attached: 44CBB047-E871-431B-9335-5D38839D4D57.png (804x543, 383K)

where did you find this?

I honestly find the title of "darkest dungeon" to be really odd in terms of a naming convention, considering end game is the actual Darkest Dungeon. I think they should've used a subtitle or something for it if they really wanted to keep brand recognition a la Hollow Knight's 'Silksong', but calling it Darkest Dungeon 2 is just dumb.

Excited and disappointed at the same time.
Excited for more dd material.
Kinda wish it was a dlc though.

With how they talked about this game being more of a journey, maybe it will be Darkest Dungeon: Crystal Chronicles Edition

There's probably going to be another, darkester dungeon in there. 2.

Was sorta looking forward to a more modern-ish setting, like the big bad was fought back in the 'past' by the heroes and is now re surging much later in the future. Actually a bit disappointed to see the same classes in the teaser trailer, but i'm fine if the game is good and we get cool new areas. Another user mentioned an idea about retracing the path the ancestor took around the world (if he did, I mean, I forget if that's the case) so we get a wide variety of interesting locales mixed with eldritch themes. Fingers crossed for some sort of aztec ritual horror combined with eldritch god worship for one location.

Attached: 1486671771427.jpg (1024x649, 176K)

I hope they rework the combat to be longer instead of the DECIMATED, OBELIRATED, DESTROYED
feels like critical rates are up the roof now

I feel like the whole noir-horror shit has been done to death, maybe not in video games as much as any other time it's used but I'm still sick of the setting regardless. Just feels overplayed and abused at this point.

DD1 is literally built to take as long as possible to beat with as little actual diverse content taking up those hours as possible and I'm looking forward to see how they change the gameplay to make it fit a "journey" instead of a camp based game. Gut feeling says it'll be more like roguelikes where you choose your party from the start and can expect whole parties can get wiped, but their actions will have global effects.

They should change some of the characters if they return
Leper is supposed to be sick so change him to cripple
Flagellants purpose was to die so hes dead ok?
What about occultists deal with the tentacle?

There should be a mode where you only get one of each character (permadeath), but there's a "friendship affinity" stat that improves between heroes who go on successful missions together.
So the higher it gets you get stuff like:
+ reduced stress if in party together
+ increased death resist if in party together
+ buffs are slightly more effective
- even bigger stress spike if they die
You can even have positive and negative modifiers depending on who's who, like religious heroes not liking Abom and Occultist or Highwayman not liking Houndmaster because he was a watchman.