Friendly reminder that this is the best Tales game ever

Friendly reminder that this is the best Tales game ever.

Attached: Tales_of_Xillia_2.png (250x288, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YU4qT3yEPhc
youtube.com/watch?v=UoMXUOxAYzU
youtu.be/ifLYr9wpcDA
youtube.com/watch?v=8HEdkpHxOOE
youtube.com/watch?v=JNj9wpxMumU
youtube.com/watch?v=y4FB3b0a7TI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Friendly reminder that none of these characters deserved what they got in the game.

Attached: 1469229601698.jpg (1400x964, 439K)

Nah

>Ludger
He only wanted a job.

Attached: s_5553d2c1d6b4a161a40001d4.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Fuck you for reminding me of alt Milla.

You can't forget her user.

Attached: 653464312654.png (555x798, 1.05M)

It's also the only one I played

Blue Milla > Pink Milla

>Playing Vesperia after playing REAL Tales of games
I can't do it. The dysfunctional party caused me to drop that shitty game.

I love Jude's reaction, he clearly is not ok with alt Milla.

Literally featuring Dante from Devil May Cry
Not letting you have the entire party at once and able to switch characters out was a terrible change though

>born just to suffer
Ludger and Julius both had a rough life. Who was the faggot ancestor Kresnik that let everyone think you had to kill in order to gain power?

It isn't fair bros :(

props for having the greatest kill count in video games though, destroying countless universes and leaving all their inhabitants to die

Xillia 2 port with all costumes when?

Playing Vesperia right now. How the hell do I chain artes? Every battle so far has been attack attack attack arte.

Did nothing wrong

Attached: 1535056476649.jpg (1328x2048, 220K)

But it's worse in every way to Xillia

X-factor to win was worse than combo to win
its sphere grid was vastly worse compared to Xillia's
Ludger having to be a silent protagonist for the twist to work was a shitty writing decision making the story worse
The debt system

Biggest redpill:

Your first Tales is the best Tales game. They're all pretty much interchangeable, and every subsequent one you play gets worse and worse.

I knew Mint was always the cutest

Attached: 1390528113842.jpg (600x796, 121K)

didn't xillia have the two teams that always work on different projects come together for one game?

Nice.

Attached: 7c170ae286b48f1d7b1d1574c73c718784c8daf95a17b79be72373c3ebb176f2.jpg (1785x2500, 400K)

literal kino moment

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

What twist are you talking about? You don't even realize Viktor was a factor until you reach his dimension. And even then, you only ever heard him speak in the opening cutscene and Ludger at least screams his artes every battle.

>Game explicitly points out that sacrifice wasn't the original way to get to Canaan which was lost to time
>Everyone just accepts it as the only way with no attempt to recover the original method
I know it's to add to the game's suffering theme but usually any other jrpg would have an option to seek out the alternative route after mentioning it, especially when the game is about choice.

Attached: 1498688623588.jpg (960x679, 222K)

Nah. As someone who actually enjoyed Xillia I hated how this game shat on every character from that game.

Attached: ToX2_LER_group.png (869x936, 618K)

Symphonia was my first, but I still think X2's the best

PS4 port when?

Now to be fair Alvin exists solely to be shat on

Good Man

Attached: Mint.jpg (675x863, 146K)

Best combat in the series.

I fucking hate the Souls system they're using in the newer games. I seriously might stop buying them if they don't go back to TP/AC.

Attached: cuhrayzee.webm (764x440, 2.85M)

Both deserve to suffer

Nope. Symphonia was the first one I played and I think it can be hard to play once you've played newer shit like Abyss, not to mention Vesperia. My favorite is Destiny PS2, because of the fucking autism it took me to follow along with a translation sheet in my phone. Game's fun as fuck, and aerial combat is NECESSARY in Tales and if you think otherwise you have a shit opinion. Can't care about the series now, Graces F left a bad taste in my mouth, Xillia looked unappealing, Xillia 2 looked ok but I thought going into it I would be lost, Zestiria looked like shit and it was, Berseria looked like a polished turd. Playing a lot of games made me realize how fucking mediocre this series is. If the next game is multiplat, instead of Switch/PS4 exclusive, I will be done with it. Would much rather play DQXI, SMTV, P5R or just about any other JRPG series.

Isn't the Souls mechanic basically just the CC system with a different look? You have an upper limit that replenishes through resting between attacks, and every action costs a certain amount.

Attached: 2013-06-20-588042.jpg (469x664, 69K)

I dont remember getting to play as the loli.

Attached: Dx5i_IEUUAAbQYp.jpg orig.jpg (720x672, 65K)

Attached: fcd822133040fd756d2ed014a50d4a4e_480.jpg (480x576, 49K)

It's a costume for Ludger which you get from the EX dungeon

you can change character skins
i think it's post game though
and you can make all the characters Elle

Attached: tumblr_ngwy0lhN841taswb7o1_1280.jpg (1144x1112, 272K)

Last boss fight is the most KINO moment in all of vidya
>THIS fucking moment
I was fucking speechless. Truly the most KINO moment mankind has ever witnessed.

Attached: Capture.png (830x706, 868K)

Xillia 1 cast were complete assholes on this game.
Based Ludger fucking them all up was great.

had to take away everyone's happy ending so there could be more game

>not using kongman

Attached: 1524618530840.png (189x324, 35K)

Attached: tumblr_nl3wlghUws1taswb7o1_1280.jpg (979x1920, 351K)

It's not fair that she is much better than normal Milla in every way.

Symphonia was my first and it's nowhere near the best. Only a brainlet would think they're anywhere near interchangeable.

Wrong, original Xillia was much better.

>Fuck spirits
>Fuck Origin
>And Fuck Niggers

Attached: 1534202870194.jpg (790x440, 72K)

Autism > Tsundere

Yes. Not that user, but my problems with it are that the CC system translates BADLY to 3D combat, because of its emphasis on defense. In Destiny PS2, it basically allowed you to string arts in whatever order you want, while also emphasizing mobility in the air and the ground. In modern games, it just encourages people to fucking button mash, spam one art to hit a weakness, defend, and maybe dodge a hit here and there. It becomes repetitive. Like, I don't understand people that can praise it and that lampoon Vesperia for being boring. Are the lack of flashy colors really that important to you? Do you value style so much?
The LMABS with TP is better suited for a 2.5D battle system.

Now we are talking.

>Final boss theme is hype remix of game's opening
Gets me going everytime ;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=YU4qT3yEPhc

Attached: da876d87fs86dy.png (640x360, 282K)

>silently turn your back to the camera
Is there a more manly pose than this?

I literally chose the option to not let her go like 5 times and she still ded
what the fuck was baba thinking

Attached: manly as fuck.png (557x625, 749K)

>banged Julius' mom
>proceeded to bang her sister Ludger's mom
What a fucking Chad.

tfw too retarded to make my own combos so i just steal donguri's

It did nothing for me in other tales game, but holy shit in this game it fits perfectly, because it's actually climatic.
I can't even remember what vesperia's last fight was like since it was not really climatic at all.

Did nothing wrong.

>not wanting everyone to be your daughterfu

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (1280x866, 566K)

Disagree, but that's because I started with Destiny and Eternia which cut out the skits from their English localizations, and the skits are the main thing that make the Tales games as good as they are.

Even then, while I loved Xillia 1 (the first Tales game I played after those two) I'd still say Berseria is my favorite.

Truly he was based and redpilled

Attached: 1547667139454.png (1330x652, 1.2M)

Xillia 2 woule have been the ultimate Tales game if it had Vesperia graphics and better designed dungeons and overworld. These days it just seems like they focus on one thing first and half ass eveything else.

Mechanically speaking it still hasn't been topped. Truly the GOAT Tales.

Attached: Desktop 11.03.2015 - 05.53.43.81.DVR.webm (756x430, 2.87M)

>vesperia graphics
pls no i want to puke
everything so washed out

All the fucking 7 new tracks composed for specifically for Xillia 2 were great.

youtube.com/watch?v=UoMXUOxAYzU

There are different tiers of artes and you get skills as you go along that let you chain them differently.

Normally you have to go attack>attack>attack>[combo skill amount]>standard arte>arcane arte (box around the icon for it) but there's shit like altered artes too that require a Super Chain skill to use properly.

No thank you. I can't even imagine the absolute fucking travesty Rowan and Gaius would've been.

i really love how x2 plays and i cant help but think that for an action jrpg it does a lot of things right for its core battle system, but i feel like there should be some things they can add to it to make it even better.

what do you guys think about the core battle system in general, i really liked how reactive it was at times when they clearly tell you that the enemy is gonna go "my turn" when the exclamation mark appears over their head, and the fact that some attacks trigger the "my turn" despite not being spammed or at the end of too many knockdowns.

i like linking as a concept but if you're playing with more than 2 people it gets pretty wonky because someone has to be a slave for a link arte. you cant even fill the overlimit gauge without being linked in the first place so 2 players is imo the way to go with this.

Attached: d709ea8c0a0c2388c1457bb1e0c8ab0b.png (1790x2249, 2.51M)

Why does everyone like Vesperia graphics so much? It looks like shit to me. I think Xilia engine looks perfectly fine.

Her dressing up like Ludger was the best thing.

Ah yes TP the best limiting factor except that all it really does is press you for items and cooking to continue spamming shit. Or you wind up playing the game in the most boring and drawn out way possible if you don't want to do that.

I like Xillia's gameplay but I wish the mystic artes were closer to Graces, they feel pretty lackluster in comparison.

Godamn I'm starting to remember how fun the game's combst was.

Xillia Collection for ps4/ps5 when?

Xillia "fixed" the TP system by letting regular attacks heal 1% instead of a flat 1 and taunting healing 3 or 5%, I can't remember which. But you no longer had to pop down Orange Gels like some addict.

The weakness system worked well and it was fun discovering out new combos I'd say, compared to Xillia's iron stance abuse. Ludger is a huge joy to play as, easily the best in the Tales series as a whole because of 3 weapon change. I liked theblink effects, like Muzet's teleport backstep. Overall it's an amazing battle system. The FPS went to shit though in some place. I need a PS4/PC port.

from what I hear basically any other tales is better than this one though

Attached: Edna.png (496x926, 583K)

Edna is literally the only good thing from Zestria

i think tp got nerfed hard in x2 because i remember in x1 it was actually based on your max tp how much you would get back per normal attack. you could get like 3+ tp back per normal attack but x2 made it like the other games where you only get 1 tp per attack. i know the spirit symbol got nerfed to fuck as well in x2 and a lot of ludgers gun artes are fucked early on tp wise, but i think there are a few options that you could do to soften how fast you burn tp

>taunt after knockdowns
>link up and do like attack > arte > attack so the tp is shared with the link partner
>cheese the game with risky/faerie rings or by spamming artes to the point that they by default cost less tp to use
>cheese further by using the grade shop

i did a fresh new game a while back and yeah it's pretty fucking awful trying to do shit, but i think most tales games that dont use a cc system have that problem early on

youtu.be/ifLYr9wpcDA

Attached: 16279_576592405712922_1523722927_n.jpg (392x433, 14K)

Xilia 2 was as close to perfect in my eyes. Weakness system encouraged not spamming an arte (palm strike anyone?) and each boss had different iron stance thresholds so experimenting with different combos was rewarded. The only problem was power charge being a bit too strong, but I guess it was necessary for the brainlets who didn't know how to use the combo system.

Attached: Desktop 11.03.2015 - 06.29.22.84.DVR.webm (756x430, 2.38M)

Edna and Zaveid are the only good things about Zestiria tbqh

Attached: 1443127026176.jpg (577x600, 251K)

This really makes me wish my PS3 was working so I could play again, they were really good.

Attached: Desktop 11.03.2015 - 06.49.57.90.DVR.webm (756x430, 2.75M)

Scary-go-round was one of the ones I did like well actually. So were Muzet's and Ludgers, it's been a while since I've seen them though.

same
i really want ps5 to have backwards compatibility with all previous gens so i can just play all of my backlog

>計画通り
sly fox

Yeah, I wanted to love X2 really badly but you just can't do any of the craziness you see in combo videos until you get a risky ring after the game is 90% over

how would you balance power charge 2/3, because i do agree that it was broken as fuck. i can see the point of 2 guaranteeing a power combo as long as the iron stance is gone, but 3 is pretty much just a better version of 2 or an alternative to not having alvin to guard break enemies. i would personally make pc2 something different, maybe further increase the reduced tp for the next arte, and make the current pc2 pc3, but with maybe increased guard break/iron stance break

freezing eruption is fucking broken though that shit can do work even with only pc 2.

Attached: Desktop 11.03.2015 - 06.41.15.87.DVR.webm (756x430, 1.4M)

Was TP ever a problem? Even with just a Faerie Ring, I don't recall Gaius running into any issues. Granted, it's been a few years since I've played X2.

Gaius was easy mode

Attached: Desktop 10.29.2015 - 18.31.56.61.DVR.webm (790x444, 2.76M)

I unironically think Zestiria is better than Berseria, and I think Edna a shit.

>i did a fresh new game a while back and yeah it's pretty fucking awful trying to do shit, but i think most tales games that dont use a cc system have that problem early on
That's exactly the thing, so many of the Tales games people praise are rooted heavily in "play this garbage until the very end of the game where you finally have the skills, arte usage grinded up, etc to have any sort of fun at all" whereas, say, Graces is fun from the very beginning and only gets more enjoyable as you gain new shit rather than playing in goddamn shackles the entire time. Can't even say stuff that copies CC is free from this because Berseria locks you out of everything it can until over halfway through the game too.

> and I think Edna a shit.
too far.

Attached: 1425580157387.png (424x576, 315K)

Zestiria is ok. There have been far worse Tales titles.

Attached: 1487105238115.jpg (704x960, 83K)

Friendly reminder that this is the best Tales ship ever

Attached: pascal_x_hubert_by_pigeon_capsule.jpg (860x840, 666K)

>tfw I let go on the first choice without much initial though since I was sure the game wouldn't let you save her anyway.
I ended up reloading immediately after that to hold on all the way but the look she gives you when you willingly let go and the regret I feel will haunt me forever.

Attached: ;_;.jpg (500x561, 62K)

Attached: 1550201461142.jpg (800x800, 220K)

I'm about 5 hours into Berseria right now. Everyone says that it's the best Tales game in years, and way better than Zestiria, but I'm not really feeling it so far.

What makes it good?

how would you go about making the non cc style games feel less awful early on, because after reading your post i started thinking of what games lock shit behind progression, but then once that shit is unlocked, the game gets a lot better. i know it doesnt excuse the early parts that were awful, but would it be considered a way to not overload the player with all this shit they can do, or to introduce new mechanics at a decent pace.

for example killer is dead locked a lot of cool shit until later on, but the first few episodes kinda blow unless youre replaying them. kingdom hearts 2 is another example because critical mode does give you shit but in turn makes you die really fast. when i was trying to think of kingdom hearts though i was hit with the thinking that ng+ is what people talk about most of the time when hyping up tales games, because in most of them the unknown/chaos gets unlocked after beating the game anyway, but do you think that type of design shouldnt be a thing nowadays.

looking at some of my save files for symphonia/abyss/x2 i see that most of my time is just ng+ on the hardest while carrying over all of the broken/locked shit so when i did do a fresh ng on x2 it really was a big change of pace, almost frustrating because i was too used to doing crazy shit i cant do right now

The cast is good.
It came right after Zestiria, easily the worst mainline game.

Attached: f55915a97d22636fdcab08c80c5d4ece.jpg (480x600, 43K)

Mainly that its better than Zestria. After Xillia 2 Zestria was such a huge disappointment that anything is better. I like the characters more than Zestria and gameplay wise its better, but still a step back from xillia 2

Attached: tumblr_nhlb8fWQUj1tktbjqo1_1280.png (528x1598, 277K)

It had a pretty great battle theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=8HEdkpHxOOE

Nope. Favorite is Hearts R and it definitely wasn't my first.

It really is. I tried vesperia and couldn't get into it.

Attached: vore.gif (500x280, 886K)

>Tales ending
>everything is good
>Tales sequel beginning
>everything is not good

Doesn't even have best girl

Attached: tales tear butt.jpg (853x1280, 423K)

I realize that it's supposed to not overload the player on all of the mechanics being there but in practice it really just makes for an unattractive and boring opening to the game. It's not even just the opening section either because some Tales games drag out being able to do even simple artes type chaning or being able to bind things to more buttons until WAY too late.

I feel like there should be a short tutorial section to the game where it gradually introduces you to the battle system and then once you're out of that it opens up a more options than usual and gives you some skills/artes for the sake of combat flow and versatility, but you're not forced or entirely expected to use them. Maybe lock the skill/arte unlocking behind willingly picking a higher difficulty, like how you mentioned Critical Mode in KH2FM works. You could get those skills/artes that make the game flow better later on through normal play regardless but would have a head start if you upped the difficulty and thus gave the game a nudge that you knew what you were doing. Most Tales games HEAVILY limit you on Artes, Skill, and mechanic options until far too late and this would give new file players a nice nudge by their own choice.

It's also possible to simply pace out the "how to play" tutorial screens throughout the game similar to how it's handled now, except you have the options they describe from the start (or near the start) but to not overload the player with BWOOP HERES A TUTORIAL constantly they pop up every so often throughout the game to let you know about something you may not have been making full use of or didn't understand yet. All the while keeping this info in the Battle Book for you to look up if you were interested before the tutorial screen wanted to show you.

Attached: ddbf373ece5cdb577dee9130bf7c61ea--tales-of-graces-amazing-pictures.jpg (480x633, 60K)

Attached: wtf.png (251x201, 14K)

wrong girl

Attached: Pacal.gif (500x270, 1.14M)

Pascal and Hubert have the most natural relationship in a Tales game.
>didn't like her at first
>starts to warm up
>picks through trash with her
>she finds him in a snowstorm
>he starts rushing to help her
So cute

Where are the boobs on that "girl"?

Attached: tales tear mieu.jpg (640x640, 208K)

That's rude user.

Attached: 1392_744_toa_2.jpg (744x1392, 786K)

I think I suppressed my emotions too much as a child, because even these cheesy games with their shitty writing is enough to make me tear up. I actually got teary eyed when Dezel died.

I assume I need to play the first one before 2 right? Just finished vesperia and was gonna jump into these but figured I might get burnt out before reaching or finishing 2.

Attached: 1507661808052.gif (400x400, 881K)

I forgot literally everything that happened in Zesteria/Berseria except Edna and Eizen

You really should. A lot of events in X2 talk about "what ifs" for some of the events in the first game, so if you skip it, those events will be completely wasted on you.

Yes. It's preferable you do so

>tfw no "what if Elize was a slut"

Man, I must say, out of all the Tales games this one has like the most swagger, the most style. The character designs are so damn good. Another thing is ToX2 has the best combat out of all the games. It's literally an most depth ToV combat system. Basically what ToV would have been if it got a sequel.

It's definitely one of my top three. (Abyss, Berseria, Xillia 2).
The grade shop keeps it from being better than Berseria.
Tying grade to titles is fucking stupid and even with maxed out grade you can only afford most of what you want and I sure as fuck am not giving up "transfer all cats" because I don't want to find 100 cats every single playthrough.

Attached: 1408769374204.png (800x436, 404K)

That's a cute Jude. I'd fuck him

She'll grow up being one anyway, we just can't see it unfortunately.

Attached: Dzo7McwVsAI2g2s.jpg orig.jpg (1075x1600, 217K)

BAZONGAS

>tfw you can't offer to help Elize get bigger BAZONGAS by massaging hers or making her a mommy

Xillia 3 when

Attached: 1471470135048.png (1000x1000, 614K)

>grow up to be one
Disgusting too old

Eventually.

It can be a slow process.

Attached: DzIUz2SVYAElyFh.jpg orig.jpg (526x881, 63K)

Sharing is caring

This is the one Tales game that seriously needs an HD remake. The framerate can be choppy, the contrast is fucked with so everything is darker than it should be, and there's zero anti-aliasing.
This game was far too powerful for the ps3.

Attached: 05.jpg (1280x1807, 228K)

Attached: vol_2.png (960x6472, 1.35M)

The whole family together again.

Kinda wish they let you have Ludger's Chromatus forms as model swaps as well so you can use his Super Sentai suit outside of chromatus mode.

Attached: TALES OF XILLIA 2_3sdfds.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

this gave me blue balls
youtube.com/watch?v=JNj9wpxMumU

Nice.

Attached: DziHqIsU8AUF80n.png orig.png (650x827, 592K)

God damm fuck this guy and his obsession with futa

Man, I sure love big ass boring open flat fields and boring corridor dungeons! Outside of combat, every tales game gets worse and worse starting with Xillia 1.

I wish Lara was actually relevant outside of mentions and appearing for a second at the very end of the game. It would have been fun to see her model also avaliable for use too.

Attached: 877798adfs798dsf.png (600x849, 459K)

Attached: Blessed Arte The Pink.png (1280x720, 910K)

>size difference
I M A G I N E

Now.

Attached: 1550537874516.png (2560x1440, 3.81M)

>Elize will never show your her pink flower
Bros...am I too far gone?

Are the four elemental spirits the same ones from Vesperia?
Is Xilliaverse on the same planet as Vesperia in the far, far distant future?

Attached: TALES OF XILLIA 2_1 sdfgfdg.png (1280x720, 848K)

Elize won't but Anise will

Attached: FB_IMG_1519238855147.jpg (678x960, 62K)

Sorry I don't like gold digging fucking cunts.

>Go to an EB games to pick up a game, forgot which one.
>See this thing was newly released.
>Think "oh, xillia 1 was kinda shit. This one looks like it has a new OC, probably some fanfiction tier plot."
>Literally expecting nothing from the game.
How foolish I was.

Attached: TALES OF XILLIA 2.png (1280x720, 1005K)

Xillia doesn't share a verse with any other Tales as far as I know.

No bullying.

Attached: DiO_w2gVQAAPzIA.jpg orig.jpg (1000x1500, 227K)

Acshually it was Vesperia that really started the corridor dungeon meme. Xillia just gets more flack because it was even worse.

Made for hara-pan

user pls.

Attached: DOMGknoUIAIMDLb.jpg orig.jpg (600x666, 67K)

Ludger and Gaius' linked Mystic Arte was the coolest shit.

>Fanbase turning loli into a raging lewd slut is a meme I've always hated
>It's actually canon with Elize since Teepo is a lecherous bastard but is Elize's deepest thoughts voiced all along

I have to admit that was a great twist.

Attached: Desktop 11.08.2015 - 04.35.26.128.DVR.webm (830x438, 2.76M)

Elize isn't lecherous, she just loves beautiful women.

>Lines up a shot for five minutes before pulling the trigger
>"I didn't mean to!"
>"It's your fault!"

What the fuck did he mean by this?

Jude's side was so superior to Milla it wasn't even funny.
It felt so good to absolutely beat the shit out of Alvin and see Jude still pounding his face in the dirt after the fight.
Alvin is my favourite Xillia boy, too.

Attached: c618d7b2805b0a5b0fd44eeb77ade5ef.png (768x1024, 312K)

I guess that is true, most the game the fucking sorcery ring was useless because enemies were in a corridor anyway and you couldn't even get around them. Also anything on a sloop or flying and its USELESS.

Not unless you consider Milla to be an alternate form of Maxwell of ToS.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 23K)

Nothing wrong with that.

Attached: 002.jpg (500x827, 60K)

Bisley did nothing wrong, telling Bitch ass Origin to get back to work is what would have saved everyone. Ludger still didn't have to kill everyone though.

Attached: WT-00025_opt[1].jpg (1280x720, 174K)

>cringe anime shit

>Learning that you can raise Bisley's affection by always agreeing with him and being nice to him to get a special weapon before the final dungeon.

Attached: bmUploads_2013-05-17_2795_TOX_L_05_chara_ntxt_03-copy-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 278K)

You're playing the wrong game series if you don't like anime shit.

Imagine the smell under those leggings

youtube.com/watch?v=y4FB3b0a7TI

Xilla 2 has my favorite mystic artes, even the english voice acting is pretty good.

The plot for both games were shit I barely remember them.

Attached: 1541559922129.jpg (885x516, 52K)

Imagine.

Attached: 641.jpg (850x1201, 499K)

>go on a long journey and collect waymarkers
>finally get ready to enter canaan
>"lol you're in a fractured dimension, it doens't count"
Viktor was fucking cheated. Chronos can choke on a bag of dicks.

I love Xillia 2 but holy shit the EX dungeon had such a cancer design. I want to go back to it but I'm lazy.

Attached: 1550987086668.jpg (768x432, 48K)

Seriously, the whole trial is rigged so humanity will one day lose no matter what.

Attached: 32300174_p3.jpg (600x800, 185K)

Now you know why Bisley was right and did nothing wrong. Spirits can go fuck themselves in Xilla.

I have to wonder how many Viktor's had to go through this trauma until we finally got to Ludger.

My first Tales game was Eternia. It is one of my least favorite Tales games.

What happened to assbell ?

I'm playing through Vesperia right now, it's fun but goddamn the combat/comboing is atrocious, waiting for an enemy to sit back up after knocking them down is not fun. Plus until the halfway-point, getting stunlocked by grouped enemies.

Yuri is a cool guy though.

Attached: 52688502_2807807849443395_3114785182993874944_o.jpg (1488x1894, 208K)

It's kind of unfair to even compare the two considering Milla spends an entire chapter dead.
My brother played Milla side and I had to try and explain what happened while she was gone

He's a dork but has a cool fighting style

Attached: 1450834489113.jpg (720x831, 117K)

Banging Cheria in probably the most vanilla way possible

Playing through Milla's side is hilarious, "I'm gone for a hour and your fighting god".

Pretty much.

Attached: 11763329.jpg (637x690, 393K)

Attached: 1445806692015.jpg (1526x2200, 1.05M)

>waiting for an enemy to sit back up after knocking them down is not fun
are you playing as yuri, idk if it got fixed in the remaster but his free run attack should pick up enemies for free. speaking of the free run attack i do know you can still do it at the end of your 3+ normal attacks before using artes

Artes are usually the attack that knock enemies down so you need to be constantly stopping what you're doing to do the free run attack and there's no guarantee your party isn't going to just knock them immediately back down again.

I actually really like ToS2. Though I guess a lot of the fun comes from cheat codes.

Attached: 1527808804840.png (1243x681, 783K)

>want to play Hearts R
>hate the character designs
Would I be fine with a party of Kor, Kohaku, the MILF, and the mage? They're the least offensive to me.

This needs an update

I love this picture so goddamn much. Also I'm one of the two fags who liked Ratatosk.

Hearts R is great besides the story and some shitty music. Worth a playthrough. And yes that party is fine.

>it's been 6 years now
>this image is still relevant
Damn, courage really is the magic that turns dreams into reality

Sure. You'll be fine.

Have fun with Hearts R user.

Attached: 33343130.jpg (2806x3968, 1.09M)

Doesn't Leia become Alvin-sexual?

DAMN I MUST BE A GENIUS
I DWELL AMIDST THE ABOUNDING LIGHT OF HEAVEN

Its crazy to think about, but on retrospect, I think I might enjoy Zesteria more then Berseria. Its such a weird thought because Zesteria bored me to tears and Berseria kept me entertained as well any other tales games, but looking back there are a lot of things I liked about Zesty more. I feel like people are going to call me a shitposter and I probably would too if I didn't have these thoughts, but anyone else feel this way. I can't describe this feeling.

Because Dezel was a giant Tsundere who really cared about the party.

I sure hope you got Mikleo to learn windstep from him.

Velvet's dreams were destroyed but she still pushed forward

Attached: 20170204163728.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Who?

Pretty much, every mission involving Alvin has Lea in it and vice versa. She lost the jude bowl and is going after the Alvinbowl. Xillia 2 Leia is the most aesthetic Tales girl, Alvin is a lucky man.

Attached: Tales.of.Xillia.full.1174272[1].jpg (500x701, 280K)

Yeah in Xillia 2 Alvin and Leia hang out alone. Nobody else from Xillia 1 ever speaks to them again for some reason and their side stories always involve eachother.
Alvin I can understand because nobody trusts him, and Leia fell for the guy who shot her in the belly for some reason.

Attached: alvin2.jpg (640x360, 50K)

>Leia and Alvin constantly text and stay in contact
>no skit where Alvin loses his phone and big he and Leia freak out about someone possibly seeing his pictures

How is Tales of the Abyss on 3ds?

Velvet is best girl.

>That skit where Alvin asks Leia to stop texting him the "creepy frog pictures".
>Leia calls it cute and says it reminds her of Alvin with it's "morose little eyes".
Is she talking about pepe? I can't fucking escape that shit meme even in videogames it seems.

Women love Bad Boys, Jude.
Just hit Milla a few times and she'll worship your cock.

Attached: Leia learns memes1.jpg (490x367, 64K)

I actually feel the same way user. I don't know why either.

Alvin is pretty lonely in Xillia 2 and he's trying to make amends for the bullshit he did in the first game so I guess Leia felt sorry for him

>Alvin gets to fuck Leia constantly
>when he isn't fucking her she's sending him nudes
Best boy gets best girl

Not necessarily. Japan just seems to have an obsession with frogs.

Attached: 1543318381623.png (370x320, 14K)

It's okay, it's just a port really. With basically no loading times and the glitches from the PS2 version fixed.

Attached: 1507047718566.jpg (900x1276, 880K)

>Hey guys! I got Berseria just yesterday!
>Why did you waste money on Berseria when you coulda spent it on... HEARTS R
>Hasn't anyone here played the real masterpieces Legendia and PSX Phantasia?!
>GO TEEPO SHARING IS CARING

Everything else stays the same.

It's pretty good. Since Abyss looks like shit on my flatscreen TV I just play it on my 3DS and it's not bad at all.

Attached: abyss 3ds ps2.jpg (3840x2160, 661K)

I really need to replay Abyss. I emulated it but skipped a lot of skits because nothing was voiced and I hate that shit. Didn't think of downloading an undub at the time.

Passable but play it with the 3D off.

>playing psx Phantasia now
Nice

Thats some good velvet.

Attached: 1f3.jpg (635x850, 218K)

Its super preachy and boring, but the main plot point is preserving the purity of the main character or it could mean the end of the world. In any other game, when a companion is kidnapped it means a 4 hour side event where you break into a prison, Sorey just gives into the demand and wipes out a the enemy army. Seeing them flee because of super natural powers and he tries to kill as little people as possible. Fighting the Dragon with the army's help was kino as fuck. The final battle itself is probably my favorite in any Tales game.

The game needed more moments like this and it would be remembered fondly.

>that one leia chapter where she has to write a paper and you can actually stop to eat at the inn before continuing with the story, and you get a scene just for doing so
>when leia uses ludgers room to write her report and alvin and ludger are chilling in the living room, ludger is just fucking lying down on the floor and letting alvin hog the couch

man the dynamic of these 3 were so cool i wish there were more games with this type of character interactions. pretty much made the best team too with jude because they all excelled in swords/hammer/guns linked artes

Velvet is always good.

Attached: DxsCzJ8V4AAYMam.jpg orig.jpg (486x793, 47K)

I think that Zestiria actually tried to do something new, but sadly weren't able to finish it in time (the game is more incomplete than Xillia). Funny thing is, Zestira is the kind of game that becomes infinitely better with a bit of modding.

I like some aspects of Zestiria. I like the fusion mechanic, even if it was implemented poorly. I like Zaveid and Edna. I also like the connections made in Berseria, which made me like Zestiria a little more ironically.
I still GREATLY prefer Berseria and have played it 4 times now when I only played Zestiria twice.
I actually don't like Alisha and I think Rose is perfectly fine.

I think part of Zesty's uniqueness is that it forgoes all standard Tales story tropes and just going for a straight "hero goes on a quest to defeat the evil guy". It doesn't try to pull any strange twists to turn the plot into a convoluted mess.

>she lost the jude bowl
Does Jude get confirmed for slaying Milla's pussy? Xillia's OP has cemented Jude as my favorite Tales of protagonist, so I hope he at least gets something out of breaking Leia's heart. I need to get around to X2 someday.

He and Milla make out near the end

Its not cemented yet because Milla's autism about being a spirit gets in the way, but they are practically oozing sexual desire towards each other by the end of Xillia 2, Leia can't compete. At best she gets pity fuck if Milla's autism fully takes over.

Ludger is just so likable that he makes everyone great.
He's a silent protagonist, but he's the most charismatic of them all

It's not confirmed but they spend a long time looking in eachother's eyes in Xillia 2 every chance they get.
The fact they haven't hugged or kissed pisses me off though.

Attached: TALES OF XILLIA 2_3.png (1280x720, 887K)

I still say there are some twists, Sorey giving into the army's demands and destroying a army to rescue his aryan waifu isn't something a hero typically does. There was also valid plot reasons to avoid side questing, maybe a gauge to that involves monitoring and maintaining Sorey's happiness would have been more interesting, you can get a game over if poorly maintained.

>Ludger most likely got some with a Milla before Jude
The Chad Ludger vs the Literal Virgin Jude

I never expected to like Ludger as much as I did.

Attached: TALES OF XILLIA 2_6.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

>I like some aspects of Zestiria. I like the fusion mechanic, even if it was implemented poorly.
The fusion mechanic could have been better if they treated it more like Ludger's Chromatus in Xillia 2 allowing you to only use it for a very limited time, and you'd have to build up a meter to be able to use it again. Preventing the gameplay from really centering around it, and removing the two human limitation.

>I actually don't like Alisha and I think Rose is perfectly fine.

According to the head writer you weren't supposed to like her at all

Funnily enough there actually was a twist planned for Zestiria. The twist was that Hedalf was Sorey's father, and by the way Hyland is to blame for everything bad that happened in the last 200 years. But it wasn't a bad twist.

Attached: Sorey's father.jpg (1024x408, 88K)

Nah Ludger's a beta faggot. Starts crying because Nova, a loan shark, rejected him.

They really shouldn't have disabled his voice for the first playthrough, I doubt most people would have picked up on the twist, the narrative gives it away before its revealed anyways.

You know Celsius would've jumped on Jude if they had more time together.

I still think that twist is all but confirmed. Sorey learns Lion's Howl in a really short period of time from a guy who looks like a midway between Sorey and Heldalf. Heldalf has True Lion's Howl.
Absolutely not. You also hear his voice a lot during battle so there was really no point to disabling it in the first place.

Actually in terms of the war arc, that arc is probably the reason why Sorey doesn't give a shit about Alisha. As it was the moment that made her come across as she was more trouble than she was worth. Leading to him rejecting her which just never happens in a Tales Game.

It's always the power of Love and Friendship, but Sorey honestly is just like, nope, she's too much trouble.

Attached: Rejectinig Alisha.jpg (1000x1864, 259K)

>no thank you m'lady im saving myself for god

Muzet has already taken Jude virginity, everyone else is just getting seconds.

Attached: lewd.png (1280x720, 814K)

>tfw Jude gets ice pussy

Attached: 20111230191830a7a.png (500x365, 191K)

I still hate it cause the made him mute for the first walkthrough. And i also hate it how it was implement for the second.

>Milla getting huffy because Jude tethered with Milla which is joked to be like sex with a spirit.
>Never once tethers with Jude herself.
>Jude winds up tethering with Milla's daddy in the extra side-mission in X2.

Attached: TALES OF XILLIA 2_9.png (1280x720, 665K)

Didn't' meant to reply.

I mean, because Jude tethered with Muzet. Shit.

Hedalf was also very interested in Sorey, despite the fact that if anything he should have hated him. That kind of behavior only made sense if Sorey was somehow related to him.

Also it's ironic, turns out Sorey really is the son of a provincial lord. Too bad the game didn't have time to show his mother though.

Attached: Sorey's mom.jpg (448x700, 39K)

Milla the Cuckquean

Prime Milla
>virgin
>autistic
>cuck
>stinky
Fractured Milla
>fucks Ludger
>no maxwell autism
>cucks Jude with Ludger
>smells delicious

Muzet was so awesome in ToX2

Why should he hate Sorey just by default? He just opposes Sorey because he recognizes that a Shepherd's duty is to fight the Lord of Calamity.

>"Sorry Milla, me and Alvin are kinda busy right now... we'd like some time alone."

Attached: 1408769460320.png (800x449, 550K)

How many years do we gotta wait for a xillia 1 and 2 remaster?

Because Sorey is the shepherd and the shepherd's curse is the reason why he was cursed and why his entire family died (except for Sorey) and why he fell into despair.

Attached: Mikleo and Sorey's mothers.png (707x500, 584K)

She successfully goaded best boy into taking responsibility.

Attached: tox2-hotsprings-girls.jpg (2539x2000, 2.63M)

>he doesn't know
Xillia 1 and 2 remasters only exist in fractured worlds and I have been destroying them

Fractured Milla also is somehow ok with her world being destroyed after crying about it because of some cooking requests by elle

The ending with that god guy turned me off the game so hard I never wanted to play again, the endings were total hot heaping garbage. But otherwise I liked the game, it was fun until then.

I was under the impression he was completely unaware that he was cursed by Michael.

Symphonia was my first and I think it's shit

>muzet and teepo
>Elize's legs
Lewd

>You will never stuff your face into Rolo's fluffy tummy.

Attached: 32300174_p2.jpg (600x800, 127K)

I can't beat the first goddamn Kronos fight

He just stops me every attempt, and I swear i'm overlevelled

Well, ToS and ToV both took about 10 years, and ToA took about 6. Since Xillia 1 came out in 2013, we can probably expect a remake sometime around 2022.

No he was aware of it. He had high resonance, that's why he was able to tell when his newborn son was born as a hellion.

Attached: punch.jpg (833x1199, 151K)

>Jude skipped on this

Sad

Attached: 5.jpg (602x850, 207K)

Attached: 4hrZ3Ea.jpg (566x800, 244K)

Jude would never cuck his best friend Alvin.

Attached: 260.jpg (461x799, 103K)

Xillia 2 design is better.

Whatever happened with that Xillia 2 PS4 leak from a year ago

Attached: 1528266137146.jpg (584x302, 21K)

Attached: 29601980.png (614x835, 882K)

>if you shoot a cute girl in the stomach she will become yours
Thanks for the advice Alvin

I loved this game, but Xillia's open fields are the worst fucking cancer ever I swear to fuck. Would love to play this on PC so I could get above 13fps once things get crazy later on.

Nothing, at best we see a remaster in the next few years. Depending on how the next flagship tales is going, they might do another remaster to hold over tales fans. Actual japanese voice support, maybe some of the dlc costumes(never ever going to get the madoka shit). Still going to play english for milla's lisp.

>play Legendia
>the masterpiece

who else would even say this but me? side note, i don't think i've ever said that. however, people should still give Legendia a chance despite its glaring flaws.

Attached: newnagames.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

>No Xillia/Xillia 2 HD remake where you can carry over Xillia 1 grade to Xillia 2.

Attached: 19930188.jpg (708x1000, 405K)

Always listen to the chad's advice.

>No re-imagining of 2 that is a timeline where Elle and Ludger don't exist

Should I replay Xillia 1 and then finally play -2, or hold out for a remaster?

The overworld fields, caves, and dungeons are all fucking reskinned. I've always hated it. Also hated how small Elympios is shown in Xillia 2. Fenmont and other towns were cool though.

Nice

Attached: 1547881859035m.jpg (1024x920, 53K)

The game is up and running on RPCS3

Play X2. No need to Play X1 again if you've already played it once.

They already said they're going to make more remasters requested by fans.

But I want to.

That's because Elympios is a literal wasteland. You explore the only worthwhile places. Everything else is dead. You really want 5 more deserts?

Hello.

Attached: ザレイズvol.13 クロエ単騎.webm (1280x720, 1.75M)

Play X1. No need to Play X2 and submit yourself to that torture.

The cast is waiting for your return in X2.
Hurry up and reunite Jude with the proper Milla!

Attached: sample_3db0a9d9e001b52917c112bbc0e05770.jpg (850x1201, 1005K)

Ludger had a hard life.

hey ace!
>posting webm's now
very nice, thank you.

hopefully we get some of the games north america missed out on. it would be a nice surprise.

Attached: 20180829_010037.jpg (4128x2322, 2.55M)

Attached: 537.jpg (850x859, 785K)

Sacrificing Elle and fucking your daughters mother is the only real ending.

Ba'ul just evolved. How far in the game am I?

tfw you will never be crushed into a quantum singularity by Muzet

Attached: 31220322.jpg (600x486, 200K)

60% or so.

Like 65% or so

Symphonia is a huge chore to play I hope I can finish it

Attached: Tales thread.jpg (727x860, 502K)

Thanks.

how can someone actually hate symphonia? what a fucking charming adventure, with amazing boss fights, decent characters, and a simple, yet fluid combat system.

Attached: symphonia.jpg (1351x1136, 129K)

Combat feels really bad to play after playing other 3D titles desu. I like the characters and story. It's just the combat.

My big issue with this game is how much time you have to spend in your pause menu. I felt like I was constantly getting alerts that it was time to change something and it all started to feel tedious after a while.

that sucks that the newer games has made this game feel like a chore. when symphonia first came out, it felt like a fucking new experience, especially playing with my best friend in high school. how far are you as of now?

Attached: phantasiaanime.jpg (1742x808, 249K)

10 hours in. Killed of that boss at the wind temple. Was a pain in the ass. Have to head to some mana tower next.

still kind of early, maybe once you start learning better artes, and higher level gems, things might pick up for you. do you fight the first sword dancer? that guy was fun as hell.

Nope I haven't. And I hope that's the case. Everything else besides the combat I am enjoying just fine. Collette is really cute.

It only has the best combat, but everything else, no

Attached: DRG20fTVAAAPffu.jpg orig.jpg (650x860, 92K)

Berseria was my first but I like Abyss the most

absolutely and unequivocally based and basedpilled

Xillia 1 was mediocre and rushed

Xillia 2 is a Dragon Age 2 level nightmare that falls on it's face in nearly every single aspect.

The story completely rewrites the basic reality of Xillia 1 without a care, botching major themes and ignoring events while also managing to be far more convoluted. It's also totally unfocused.

The combat has been made utterly braindead. Hit the element, keep rotating elements, repeat. Reactions? Strategy? Fuck you just hit the buttons.

Literally the entire game is made of reused assets AND they artificially increase game time by locking progress behind in-game paywalls - they don't even let you do sidequests and such to pay off paywalls early, you just get crappy items and a new paywall when you progress to the right point in the story

If you think Xillia 2 is good you have no taste and I hate you

Attached: ssss-gridman-02-large-06.jpg (853x480, 54K)

I had it for gcn and it just never grabbed me. I didn't reallt love any of the characters or the combat and the pace was glacial

Vesperia was the first modern Tales to really grab my attention. Graces had good combat but shit everything else and the characters pissed me off to the point of dropping the game. Berseria and Zestiria just felt boring and soulless

Oh no you have to kill an entire singular giganto monster between chapters.

Can we all finally agree that Tales series is mostly good except of Zestiria and Berseria?

>feeling nostalgic about xillia and xilia 2
Fuck off and get some taste queer

i recently hacked my ps3 so i hope im not losing any more exclusives desu