POE2 has 9 and 10 reviews

Is it just me, or does... Pillars of Eternity 2 seem kind of like... not that good of a game to deserve a 9 and 10? I don't know how to describe it, just something seems off.

Help me, Yea Forums

Attached: QJmdXwc.jpg (685x955, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness
kiwifarms.net/threads/something-awful-and-friends.9689/
twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1045848315886104576
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It doesn't because it's shit.

>Help me, Yea Forums

Alright, I'll help you. Imagine a game, where they focus on adding stupid characters like a gay fish instead of actually compelling characters

Wonder why the game flopped? Must have been the gay fish

Attached: poe2 fish gay.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

Honest question, do you ever get tired of posting the same stuff in every thread? I agree the game is dogshit but you seem to be pretty obsessed with it m8.

he does this for various games and things. has been doing this constantly for 3-4 years.

I wish there was even more fucked up stuff about the game, but I'm not bored of posting the same stuff. The stuff doesn't become good just because I repost it, so I feel like I'm doing a service by shitting on Obsidian.

Gay fish memes aside, one of my biggest complaints with the game were the companions. The vast majority of their interactions with the player and each other were either slightly different variations of the same quirky, quippy, playful dialogue or cringy sentimentality that was neither earned nor well-written.

I'm aware, I've seen him shilling his futa on male fanfic in MK11 threads. I just wanted a answer directly from him even if he is a closet homo who thinks trannies and sissies aren't gay.

It was interesting for a bit, with the fact that your character transfers to different games with all of your choices. It's like if Bioware fulfilled their promise on DragonAge: Origins. I'm playing it on turn-based and it's fun for me. But I usually binge play crpgs then come back a few weeks later to finish up.

Fucking trannies and sissies is straight

>even if he is a closet homo who thinks trannies and sissies aren't gay.
This shit right here, he admitted this in another CRPG thread.

Why does a 30 year old woman act like this?

Attached: oew0jOp.jpg (815x170, 47K)

No one cares about what seething pol children think about games.

It's a good rpg with good writing even if you can't handle there being women and black people.

It's unironically better than 1 in every way. The only thing you're hopped up on is "new game bad"

It's funny because I usually like that kind of character but they laid it on so thick with Xoti that it was nauseating.

She's a mulatto slut that wants Eders cock.

>It's a good rpg with good writing even if you can't handle there being women and black people.

Let's try to break down your post piece by piece

>good writing

No game with good writing would have this Anthony Burch tier letter in it

Attached: deadfire epic writing.jpg (825x546, 183K)

Attached: pol.jpg (640x640, 66K)

It's nauseating because you know the female writer is a 30 year old womanchild who still hasn't had kids and worships cats or dogs.

Attached: 1525993904143.jpg (1920x1080, 219K)

Cringe

It gets butthurt responses like yours. Every. Time.

post your hog froglet

>proving me right by having this saved on his pc
Based retard

Attached: 1545461076786.jpg (915x1006, 292K)

>that side quest for Maia
That shit was what finally made me give up on this game and feel 100% I made the right choice to pirate it.
>Maia asks you to deliver some totally unimportant documents goy, nothing to worry about
>Each person you meet is immediately in some sort of danger or suspicious activity (ones being watched, other has a mob claiming he's a spy)
>Both act suspicious as shit and still tell you the documents are nothing to worry about goy
>Oh and Maia clearly slept with both because she's a turbo slut and gets herself a fuckbuddy on every ship she serves on
>Go back so she can report in
>"Oh btw you can't come with me to report in, sorry goy I'll be gone for a few days
>Comes back
>Shockingly, the letters weren't just nothing
>They were kill orders for high ranking officials of the other factions
>Maia also assassinated a guy advocating for peace while she was gone
>You can do this quest despite deciding to work with one of the other factions
>At no point are you allowed blow the whistle on the entire operation and save people who are potentially your allies
Just fuck right off with this shit.
It's not but I'm not getting into this shit with you again so we'll just agree to disagree.

Attached: comment_4twJqaqM5zjT4d9ZZkTmhIwVTu7qHlBp.jpg (1029x773, 516K)

>>It's a good rpg

Obsidiots are all about the roleplaying options (even if they're pointless) until it goes against their narrative, then they're fine with having all 5 options say the same thing

>I will find Eothas.
>I will find Eothas.
>Requirement Not Met (probably still about finding Eothas)
>I will find Eothas.
>I will find Eothas.

Wow. Look at all this real roleplaying unlike that epic fail Fallout 4 (but it's on par with Witcher 3).

Attached: kdiJ01e.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

>slightly different variations of the same quirky, quippy, playful dialogue or cringy sentimentality
that's what you get when your writers are all rainbow-colored women
seriously, the writing is so much different from other Obsidian games it might as well be a Bioware title

Only /pol/tards and people who get a headache from reading dislike Obsidian games.

>even if you can't handle there being women and black people.

Yeah, blacks are ugly IRL and in this game, and women are in way too many leadership roles.

Attached: tcYR6HO pillars.png (250x250, 37K)

Did you look into the dlc's to see if there was more shit to use as ammo? Also out of curiosity is there any game's you're currently looking forward to?

RPGs used to be made by and for people who liked roleplaying in a fantasy setting, now it's all about just trying to self insert and do le wacky epic humor and KILL EVERYTHING LMAO.

No wonder the Obsidiot's favorite Fallout game is New Vegas then because you don't read in that at all.

Grow up incel

>Did you look into the dlc's to see if there was more shit to use as ammo?

I've heard about another gay romance and no straight romances. So if I ever did, I'd look into that.

>Also out of curiosity is there any game's you're currently looking forward to?

kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness

And there's another great looking Kickstarter RPG but I can't remember it's name. They look great, but I don't know if they'll be great.

You know no one except pol posters saves these right

this was so fucking annoying
there was clearly something sinister going on (much more than standard cloak and dagger shit) and
a) at no point are you allowed to confront Maia about it
b) when the quest is finished you're expected to gasp for breath and be very surprised that all of this happened

The only good obsidian game was nuVegas and even then Yea Forums circlejerks that shit like there was no tomorrow. And only braindead fanboys don't realize that all the worthwhile ones who worked on nuVegas have since left the company. Even Cain and Boyarsky's game doesn't look that interesting, though the people who act like it not being open world or having romance's are bad things are retarded, just like those who say cuckfire is bad because of niggers when it was first and foremost just a shit game.

And to continue on by the lack of choices in POE2

>>Hey you want some gay sex?
>No but I am also gay but I'd do it if you were attractive *wink*

How come there's no single solid way to say no or even telling that fag to fuck off? They're all maybe's with an asterisk

Obsidian: Choices only matter when we say they do.

Attached: faggotry in pillrs2.jpg (1239x808, 235K)

Nigger, 3.

3 retard

>>Hey you want some gay sex?
>No but I am also gay but I'd do it if you were attractive *wink*

That's not a "No.", the thing I'm asking for.

I saw this one before but I never payed much attention to it, Could be good. At the moment I'm kind of burnt out on cRPG's and been playing shit like Pathologic and Kenshi but I'll keep a eye out on it. I mainly came in here to shit on pillars.
Pretty much. The game gives you no option to go to the nearest guy in charge and tell him "Keep a eye on that fag, he's up to no good."

>only arguements against obsidian games being good rpgs is about gays, women or black people
Really makes you think.

Attached: 1534793402225.jpg (1080x1216, 174K)

>the worthwhile ones who worked on nuVegas have since left the company
Avellone leaving was a good thing considering his output made the series a little shittier, and Gonzales wrote for that one game that was supposed to compete with BotW.

>Could be good. At the moment I'm kind of burnt out on cRPG's and been playing shit like Pathologic and Kenshi but I'll keep a eye out on it. I mainly came in here to shit on pillars.

Mine brother.

I'm not burnt out on CRPGs, but I am tired of bad ones. Or ones that pretend to be RPGs like The Witcher 3

Attached: shadowrun wasteland.jpg (942x307, 54K)

Don't bother, he thinks 3 is implying you'd fuck if they were attractive. I've argued that point with him countless times but he still argues it isn't just telling them to fuck off.

that's just turning him down because he's inattractive
out of what must be more than a dozen gay encounters, there's not a single one where you can say
>no, i don't fuck men
even though that would be the most obvious response for the vast majority of people

They were certainly better then what's there now, that's for sure.

>seriously, the writing is so much different from other Obsidian games it might as well be a Bioware title

Reminder that the Obsidiot's lord, god and savior - their sun and moon - Josh "I'm a faggot" Sawyer approved all of Megan's writing.

Who is Megan? She wrote this.

Now she's working on their space game.

Prediction: Obsidiots will claim Outer Worlds is the new New Vegas when it's released, but the overall public will forget it in a week

Attached: character tyranny lmao.jpg (642x730, 164K)

That's because Tumblr gave feedback that the first one was too depressing and serious. Obsidian swung the pendulum far far into the other direction. BRAPS IN EAR

>*braps in ear*

BUT DON'T YOU GET IT? IT'S A REFERENCE TO BALDUR'S GATE WHICH I HATE BECAUSE ALL THE WOMEN ARE ATTRACTIVE REEEEEEEE

Attached: le comedy romance option.jpg (1920x1080, 951K)

it's a great game. i think, however, i prefer POE1. it felt like the white march was better integrated into the story than the dlc islands in POE2. god damn, the white march was superb.

i left all the islands till the end as it was difficult to judge whether i was at the right level for them. it was interesting that each one offered a different structure. seeker, slayer, survivor was focused on an arena with some interesting and challenging fights, and i got to piss off galawain. beast of winter was interesting because you got to see the godhammer in action. forgotten sanctum reminded me of a classic dungeon crawler, it was tough.

POE2 gets a lot of shit for the companions but i was impressed by how often they would chime in on conversations, and often npcs would respond to them. they were more of a presence than companions in other games, and you got opportunities to ask them for input mid conversation with an npc too. i didn't get much out of their companion quests though.

i hope there's a third game because after the events of deadfire it's gonna be interesting to see what role the watcher plays in the world. also i want to visit aedyr. the world, lore and cultures of the poe universe are interesting and a lot more fleshed out that other rpgs around these days and few achieve the right tone. tried original sin 1 and 2 and the tone in those games just reeks of monty python.

Attached: 1506456340804.png (1280x1905, 2.7M)

Together sure, but once you take them apart it... yeah. Which means NV2 is never gonna happen, like the lightning in the bottle quote.

Well, you can't be too depressed in an tropical island setting.

>>Well, you can't be too depressed in an tropical island setting.

You can if the only method of traversal results in CYOA ship combat

Reminder Obsidiots literally hyped this up

Attached: kr06f2x.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

I was honestly hoping that it wasn't the same watcher, or perhaps a watcher with a different soul. I dunno.

The biggest improvement I've seen so far is the class system, and how they chose to do multi-classing and sub-classes.

>it's a great game.

No it's not

Attached: gamespot.jpg (1259x691, 65K)

I will agree with you there mr anti-obsidian autist, the ship "combat" was hot fucking garbage.

I honestly don't get why people love that fag sawyer. The only thing he did I liked was Joshua Graham, and even in that case Graham was a character originally created by Avellone, though in Van Buren he was a edgy faggot still assblasted after getting BTFO by the legion. He did have a cool gimmick though in that he was the first and statistically best companion players would get, but he'd cause a lot of issues with people and potentially cause some people or even towns to turn hostile on you unless you could defuse the situation.

>make a game in pirate setting
>make the navel combat the most boring trash you can possibly come up with

Who else would he piss off besides the Legion? I haven't played that DLC yet, I can't imagine he would butt heads with NCR too much.

when you kickstart a game youre almost obliged to give it a good review, otherwise you'll look like a right cock.

you cunts have really become the new Biodrones
there's the amateurish writing, the lack of choice, the technical issues, the boring main plot that has main points unexplained, the coya ship combat, the lack of continuity with PoE, the underwritten political machinations and i could go on for a while, but you deflect all criticism by saying
>you just don't like niggers and women

Sawyerites worship at the alter of the created party because of their love of Icewind Dale 1 and 2 - which are certainly up there as the worst of the classic RPGs.

>whiteknighting for a fictional woman on a chinese tapestry board

Attached: 1549025092291.jpg (1762x1632, 306K)

fpbp

Got this from the wiki:
>The Prisoner was to encounter somebody hanged by the neck from a pole at Fort Abandon, obviously still alive and enraged. If cut down, the Hanged Man would tag along with the Prisoner. He was wrapped from head to toe in bandages as he had been burned all over his entire body. Save for the fact that he had a connection to Caesar's Legion and was particularly ticked off at them, he would not provide many details about himself.
>Rescuing the Hanged Man would cause all the tribals in the region to be angry with the Prisoner as the tribals would blame him for future crimes committed by the Hanged Man. In addition, the Hanged Man may anger any tribals he encounters and try to butcher any Twin Mothers tribals he could find. Having him in the party would make dealing with tribals and some towns extremely difficult.
>The Hanged Man would not enter New Canaan. Upon arrival, he would initiate dialogue with the Prisoner and tell him/her that he had something to take care of, offering to meet at Burham Springs later on. Bishop Mordecai would be able to reveal some details about him.
>Upon entering Burham Springs, the Hanged Man might quote 2 Chronicles 28. The Hanged Man would laughingly refuse to drop his weapons if commanded to by Phil, possibly even inciting Phil to open fire on the party. It would be very difficult for the Prisoner to defuse the situation.

Megan Starks is far from being the worst of the bunch
she's not an overtly devoted salon Marxist SJW, for starters

>you cunts have really become the new Biodrones

Obsidiots used to fight against the Biogay hordes (I know, because I used to be apart of the legion), now they are the Obsidigays

Attached: sawyer gaider.jpg (1258x689, 186K)

>navel combat
i want that in a game
Japs, pleas deliver

this is from his original concept from the cancelled Interplay Fallout 3
he's nothing like that in New Vegas

>Megan Starks is far from being the worst of the bunch

... so... the fact that she can be described as "not being the worst" is good enough for you?

>imagine the PoE pantheon like a bunch of greek dieties
>get this post-modern shitart instead

Jesus Christ, it sure feels at every fucking step like neither Avellone nor Whatshisname worked on this.

Attached: 1550142274609.gif (540x260, 1.9M)

Liking Obsidian gives you nerd creed.
Also Obsidian is full of "allies".

>lack of choice
there's plenty of choice throughout, and a lot of your choices made in poe1 have an affect on things in deadfire, or are at least commented on
>technical issues
the engine is shit and the loading times were bad
>boring main plot
main plot was interesting
>main points unexplained
such as?
>coya ship combat
as opposed to what, sid meier pirates ship combat? the cyoa sections have been some of the best bits in the poe series so i don't have much of an issue with the ship combat being an extension of it.
>lack of continuity with POE
???
>underwritten political machinations
deadfire had the best faction scheming and interplay since new vegas, sorry you feel that way.
>amateurish writing
i feel like if i wanted to experience some amateurish writing i would look to larian studios and their fucking power rangers/dreamworks stories and forgettable companions. yes poe has flaws, some of the dialogue is poor. a lot of it is quite good. and to have an rpg that isn't afraid of having a bit of scope and breadth and allows you to get into the mind of the character you want to roleplay and see what decision they would make is a welcome break in this age of 'turn your brain off' rpg stories like pathfinder and original sin 2.

I'm really sad because I believed Sawyer when he claimed to be reasonable apolitical balance man.
Either he's being repressed hard now or he was full of shit all along.
I'm leaning for the former, I still can't believe he'd willingly greenlight cheesy Bioware tier romance in a game he's creative lead of.

>Icewind Dale 1 and 2 - which are certainly up there as the worst of the classic RPGs.

Attached: 1461348902048.jpg (636x636, 27K)

The ruleset PoE uses is fuckign garbage,some people shit on D&D in games but it can be way better than this crap.

Nah he's a true believer.

Here he is posting on the Something Awful forums (the most SJW forums around since Resetera) under his pseudonym Ropekid, bragging about how he yelled at fellow employees for not including enough LGBT shit

Nobody would create an unsafe work environment unless they truly believed this shit

offer some concrete points because at the minute you are defending level 1 d&d combat in which you can get crit gibbed by a gibberling often due to how shitty the dice rolls are

Attached: 1482585758970.gif (500x375, 368K)

Forgot the damn image

Attached: ropecuck.png (1117x1213, 172K)

>Here he is posting on the Something Awful forums (the most SJW forums around since Resetera)

how old are you?

Attached: 1512514762053.jpg (540x720, 49K)

This. ToEE is like injecting hot vomit pre-level 5.

>>there's plenty of choice throughout

Yeah, like this part

>1. Pillars
>2. Pillars
>3. Pillars

And a nigger character for the quackshot of shit

Attached: pillars pillars and more pillars.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

When the Chris Avellone posts happened, Something Awful largely ignored it and called RPGCodex a nazi forum and called into question his character for posting there

Attached: Avellone deowner post.png (1541x802, 208K)

He's an obvious zoomer trying to be cool on Yea Forums of all places.

... do you not know how SJW ridden SA is now?

kiwifarms.net/threads/something-awful-and-friends.9689/

Get reading

Fuck off. It's finally an interesting RPG again. Certainly not the best Infinity Engine style game, but still neat.

Fuck all you retarded Witcher fags and Dork Souls spastics.

gosh what a reputable and objective web forum you linked to

Attached: Capture.jpg (1035x911, 137K)

>SAfag doing damage control

Here they are talking about Smollett

Attached: Screenshot (69) - Copy.png (1559x584, 138K)

the goons are cunts and they've always been the worst kind of cunts

Attached: fartFARTfartfartFART.png (822x1143, 225K)

Kiwifarms is true and honest

the general jist of the post i am reading is that something awful is now sjw, however there is also a something awful for right wingers that is probably in your books 'based' and 'redpilled' even though you are so desperate to keep politics out of your video games

yet here you are dredging the latrine for cherrypicked screencaps of forum posts by people nobody in their right mind should care about all to prove some weird 4th dimensional point that this all somehow links back to obsidian and how sjw they are.

more power to you fella, another keyboard warrior fighting the good fight

i'll say latter
twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1045848315886104576

Goontard, POE2 is SJW garbo. The forums Sawyer/Ropekid posts on is SJW garbo.

Do the math.

Also another image, a guy getting banned over the Covington thing.

Attached: sa covington.png (1782x574, 148K)

*click* oof, that's going in my Sawyer/Obsidian hate folder.

I seriously don't follow these fags, so that really helped.

Attached: sawyer kavanaugh do not believe.png (1144x1027, 192K)

>Do the math.
you might as well be posting twitter screencaps for all i care dude.

the pacing is shit
the no xp for killing makes things go way too long without feeling any progress making you lose interest pretty quick

I love how you even adopted the SA forums no caps posting because that's true irony posting, breh

well that's just sad

>one image
>butthurt

ok

probably because there's a part of me that still believes Yea Forums is a place to post stupid pictures, despite all the wars and internet arguments you autists commit yourselves to for god knows what end.

Attached: 1364937981503.gif (320x287, 982K)

>anything short of genuinely radical change initiated by extremist elements in the electorate
balanced

All the real companions are awful and the sidekicks are way more interesting.

If I absolutely loved the first one will i like 2?

Attached: 1550952592630.jpg (800x800, 165K)

it's more poe, which you'll enjoy, can't say whether you'll be disappointed or not by how the story plays out though.

How is the combat/class making? Can I be a fucking beast berserker type warrior with claw weapons?
Also how much of the game is actually about sailing around on an adventure and not turning in lame hub based side quests

Attached: 1550566166691.jpg (1920x960, 227K)

Worse, yet Sawyer/Ropekid doesn't understand why POE1 got better reviews

Attached: 1542457243387.png (1156x284, 91K)

Reminder I'm a better writer than Josh "uses taught instead of taut" Sawyer

Attached: 1526673502070 2.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

>such as?
Woedica. If you empower her it's not mentioned and she still acts like Berath's bitch.

Dude. They also tried petitioning Sawyer to remove the content RPGCodex paid and backed for.

i suppose if you empower woedica then she is powerful enough to stop eothas from coming back, and thus preventing the events of deadfire.

i can see why they wouldn't facilitate the outlandish ending in the sequel.

I shouldn't be surprised, though I'd love to see/hear the arguments as to why.

It sold worse because you snubbed all the fans but Tumblr. Do you not fucking see this Jason Sawyer? It's your fucking fault for managing your rainbow team.

The arguments were the forums are gross. That's it.

Theres no option to express distaste for sodomy.

>And that's okay because you're not allowed to roleplay a homoPHONE