Do you buy games legally or download them illegally?

Do you buy games legally or download them illegally?

I stopped doing the latter not only because most of illegal copies contain spyware/adware and crash often, but mostly because i play rarely and i take advantage of Steam discount special offers.

Picrelated: i bought every single one of these games for less than 5 dollar or i got them completely for free. If i visited Steam platform often than once or twice a month, i bet that i could get incomparably more decent games for decent price in the special offers, but i am a casual player.

Attached: Screenshot - 24_02 002.png (1918x932, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fanatical.com/en/bundle/brawler-bundle
fanatical.com/en/bundle/colossus-bundle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been playing a couple of old games as of late so, I've been "emulating" a bunch from various systems

I usually buy newer games though

I buy them for 3 reasons:
1. I don't want to spend the time or hassle finding and downloading pirated copies and risking all the malware and shit they have
2. My job has a pretty stringent security clearance with regular background checks. Although highly unlikely, if I got charged with a crime for pirating shit, I'd lose my job and would instantly lose access to about 80% of the jobs in the industry I'm in
3. Ethically I sorta feel bad. Each vidya company is different, but pirating can hurt the individual workers financially, especially for smaller studios. I've worked at a company where all employees get a bonus based on the net income for the company each year and I'd be pissed if my bonus was adversely impacted due to people jacking our stuff for free.

I pirate every game and have made cracks for randomass indie games I found. Stay mad devcucks

whenever i've got money i'll consider buying a game if it actually looks interesting enough for me to want to support it, every other time i just pirate it

I used to pirate everything but now that I'm an adult I pretty much only pirate if I know I'm not going to play for more than a couple hours or it never goes on sale.

No physical, no buy. I am not willing to pay for a download license and PC is digital only so I almost exclusively pirate. Every now and then if I pirate and old game and like it enough I'll buy a physical copy off of ebay.
5 dollars is still extremely expensive for a download license. Low cost =/= cheap.

Physical copy of games is a download licence nowadays too because most of them demand access to Internet for installation, and servers can be always turned off, turning your game into useless thing

>Steam
>buy games
You can't buy games on Steam.

>buy game from steam
>download crack for it
>refund game after copying files
lmao

I only pirate stuff that isn't sold anymore. I'm not gonna pay with my kidney for some old used copy to some faggot.

>You can't buy games on Steam.

You can't buy games at all nowadays:

I buy games I'm really hyped about, games that I feel deserve my support and games on sale.

I pirate shit I want to just try out

Used to buy games, now i just pirate them.

I buy games whenever I can.
Pirate whenever I can't buy them.

Steam or digital download code in a box isn't a physical copy.
It is unethical to charge for a download
Some indie games, very very few, get actual physical releases on PC with the entire game on disc or flash drive and without requiring Steam or an internet connection
Then again
>indie games

Both. I tend to avoid paying for shit from EA etc specifically. But stuff I'm super hyped about I'll always pay for.
But I'm not going to not play stuff just because I happen to be poor in a particular year. Fuck that economic cultural stratification.

>but pirating can hurt the individual workers financially, especially for smaller studios.
It's actually the opposite, they can really benefit, although smaller devs tend to be pretty brainwashed into the "lost sales" fallacy and don't realise it.
I've been a games developer for over 20 years and released dozens of things independently as well as working for studios. Whenever I'm interviewed or whatever I've always supported piracy. There are plenty of practical and philosophical arguments for it.

Attached: 1548848728577.jpg (570x511, 38K)

i pirate because im cheap and if you dont like it its on you to fucking deal with it

i buy cheap games on fanatical and cdkeys. other than that i pirate.
i just bought these two shit tier bundles. fanatical.com/en/bundle/brawler-bundle
fanatical.com/en/bundle/colossus-bundle
now i'm broke so i have no choice but to pirate metro exodus

I pirate games and if I like em, I'll buy them

Pirate because i'd rather not pay than pay

I buy what I want to see more of, what I want to play for sure and that I know I will enjoy. Not necessarily all of the above at the same time for a given purchase.
I pirate what I think is iffy or that I have no intention of buying anyway but that might still be enjoyable - such as remakes and remasters, unless it might lead to more new games being ported.

The former also contains spyware/adware

I used to pirate a lot, but now I feel like if it's not worth my money, it's definitely not worth my time.

I pirate everything because it's free and there's a 0% chance I'll get caught. The only thing that could force me to buy a game is online multiplayer but I don't give a shit about that.
>you wouldn't download a car
Yes I fucking would.

I stopped pirating native PC games years ago (broken only with Metro Exodus because I won't support that bullshit Deep Silver and Epic pulled), but I don't give a shit if I own a real copy for anything I emulate, and that includes more modern consoles like the Switch

>It is unethical to charge for a download
not an argument