Stop doing missions, even stranger missions

>stop doing missions, even stranger missions
>turn off most hud elements
>makes the game more enjoyable, less cluttered, and more immersive
>all the cores can be monitored by a button press or visual cues
>eat, sleep, drink, and feed horse at my own pace; making me feel in control
>just roam about, hunting and robbing, and the rare random encounter
>gather a bounty of a couple hundred that I won't pay off
>bounty hunters make roaming more interesting and dynamic, and bounty doesn't go up by killing them
>go away from Valentine for a couple hours (where I got my bounty and was on alert)
>return and walk around, getting a trim and a bath, walk towards sheriff office to get to pharmacist
>sheriff recognizes me
>run like bat out of hell, forget horse
>cross rickety bridge and here lawmen say they ain't got jurisdiction here (never would've known since have dynamic location hud pop-up off)
>stop at end of bridge and kill two deputies, shoot the sheriff but leave him alive
>escape and wait out their search
>watch a couple deers nearby trot away into the woods
>sky above is beautiful
>is near silent save for the forest wildlife
This game is living kino

Attached: valentine.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

That's the comfiest thing I've read all day. Good work.

>not shooting the sheriff and sparing the deputies for meme points

shame

Attached: myfnwl4y4zm11.jpg (1598x1600, 275K)

Fuck you now I have to boot it up again

Red Dead 3 with these environments in a huge map would be absolute kino.

I didn't really mean to, I would've shot the sheriff too. But I was low on bullets and there were more lawmen coming. I forgot my horse too and was too far away to whistle/bond was too low for them to come. The experience was exciting and comfy though.
Good honor Arthur is boring, low to neutral Arthur is best.

do you lads think there'll be a bunch of changes added to the PC version?
hoping they fix the odd inventory management/horse inventory problems, make it so cops aren't omniscient and have actual patrols and also fix money and the camp dynamics

it's a great game but flaws like that stop it from being perfect

Attached: 3972913623_ea3350a89e.jpg (400x375, 113K)

I wish rdr2 focused more on the slice of life missions rather than set piece story missions. The story is mostly fun but the missions at the railroad company, father and son house building, and woodcutting company were so fucking cool because they made you feel like a part of the world. Wish they had way more of those to make you feel like a guy living in the world instead of ripping you out constantly

Why is he so attractive, Yea Forums?

Attached: husband.jpg (676x1093, 95K)

Name the other flaws, what camp/money problems?

Dude same, except I did not shoot the deputy

the camp upgrades never seemed terribly worthwhile, and you always have so much money that it never feels rewarding because you don't need to work for it

if you donate $20,000 and don't put anything in the box for a week or so people will lose their shit, Dutch and other members will question your loyalty but if you check the log all they add is a fucking shoestring, $5 or a rock
not only that, but it's a shame that you can be an absolute tyrant that kills everyone in-game yet nobody in the camp will grief you for it, you're always welcomed with open arms and can continue no matter what

sound like basedfun

Ay, I agree. In the beginning it can be rewarding to rob and save for Pearson's crafting tools but then on it just ain't as good. Even if you stay in a single chapter since nothing is as rewarding as the leatherworks, or rather than rewarding... Engaging. Nothing else really engages the player in the upgrades except maybe the fast travel map, but that is for plebs. The story missions do give way too much payout as they progress, the first robbery is only like a hundred then later on it is thousands. A bit too steep and somewhat causes a dissonance in the story.
I kill a lot of people and I get reprimanded a lot, or informed by a gang member as I pass them by. It's nice. But the big talks with the girls happen every playthrough, even if you're a pacifist; which ruins replay value.

>play online

basically all i want to do is hang around Strawberry and hunt and fish and just wander around barely getting bothered by griefers. its relaxing

wtf I said onions

Because he;s white.

>you can be an absolute tyrant that kills everyone in-game yet nobody in the camp will grief you for it
Both Miss Grimshaw and Dutch (maybe one from Hosea, I was leaving camp once while he was speed walking up to me about to say something) will get pissed at you for killing a bunch of innocent people but it seems there's only one camp confrontation written for both of them so once you get scolded by them you don't hear anything about it again

Wait how are the cops omniscient? I never noticed that...

you can kill someone in a room with no witnesses in the middle of the woods and every cop in the state will know about it somehow

Thats not really true though in my experience. I remember some farm house kind of out in the middle of nowhere i killed the people inside. Cops never showed uo despite me sticking around looting. Maybe some random npc heard the shots and went and told?

Why did Yea Forums hate this game so much?

DESU when you're just in the environment relaxing the game is lots of fun, and I played it just like you did.

The problem arose when too many things were behind progress doors. And then it got even worse in multi. Having to be certain levels to buy things/do certain activities was so shit I had to drop the game.

It hurts to think about too. Cuz just walking around and doing what you want is easily one of the most engrossing experiences I've ever had.

this game is utter trash, anti-fun and everything wrong with modern western game design
it was rightfully completely forgotten after a month.

But we're still talking about it

Go back to your smash thread little man

Except its arguably one of the best games released in the last decade

You can attempt to rob a train in buttfuck nowhere miles from any town and the law will still know where you are. You can't pull off a perfect train robbery by yourself.

I've been trying to get myself to go into first person a lot more in my second playthrough. I'd really recommend it for interacting with people, gunfights and especially walking around built up areas. Just wish the controls sucked less in first person, way too much automatic head movement.

why the fuck is like the entire RDR1 area just tacked on in the epilogue. i tried going down there there's basically two bounty hunting missions and that's it.

Multiplayer goy. though I recall some people speculating they intend to remaster the original.

If it was slower it'd make sense since the station waiting for the train would report it. But how fast it is now, makes it feel cheap.

a shame this type of environment was exclusive to barren west elizabeth.

Pretty much. That or even just have a random patrol just happen to pass by shortly and start investigating, so if you are fast enough you can quickly rob everyone and get out without being spotted.

It's indeed based user

I reason that why police show up so quickly to train robberies is because how recent the cornwall robbery was, so they are already patrolling. But there is no evidence for this, I just like to believe that.