What is your favorite Zelda game?

Attached: 2R43ZQw.webm (1000x800, 144K)

The one that doesn't exist.

Devil May Cry 3

Link Between Worlds or Phantom Hourglass

Nobody likes Phantom Hourglass, so I never get to talk about it

Attached: 1540343937739s.jpg (250x236, 8K)

Oracle of Seasons/Ages

I've played and beat Twilight Princess more times than I can remember. So I guess ut has to be that.

>Nobody likes Phantom Hourglass

Even the worst Zelda game is better than 90% of all video games ever made.

cancerous zoomers

Amazing:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask

Great:
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons

Good:
The Wind Waker
The Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
A Link Between Worlds

Ok:
Twilight Princess
Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Bad:
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword

Is this WGJ4K?
I miss that show.
Anyways, at the risk of sounding like a zoomer hopping on the bandwagon, it's still Majora's Mask.

the fuck? seasons and ages are not zoomer

A Link to the Past is a flawless game

Top 3 in no particular order

OoT, LA and BotW.

Attached: zelda-triforce-heroes-developers-photo_1920.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 81K)

I'm 23

>tfw played some Zelda games
>they are ok at best
What's with the huge following this series has? The games are fucking easy and nothing mind-blowing.

>and nothing mind-blowing.

because every game built off the foundations they laid, if you're a zoomer then zelda provides nothing you haven't experienced watered down in other games

ocarina was mind blowing, not so much anymore though

>I'm a zoomer
Yes, I know.

majora's mask is the only good answer
followed by BOTW
the rest are all decent but not that good nowadays

>Being 25+ on Yea Forums

yikes

>The games are fucking easy and nothing mind-blowing

The series is the crown jewel of arguably the best and most influential developer in gaming history.

Not only are the games consistently great, many of the titles in the series are genre-defining and/or considered masterpieces of game design.

The fact that the series has memorable lore/characters, timeless iconography and beautiful music is the icing on the cake.

Attached: IMG-20180825-WA0007.jpg (480x640, 30K)

>Being 12+ on Yea Forums

cringe

TP is better than WW.

Majora's Mask.

3D Zelda is fucking trash

Attached: 67597645679.png (359x511, 260K)

It's really not.

Compared to 2D Zelda it is

It's amazing how much of a better game you get when you pull the fucking retarded 3D combat out of it

Either majora's mask or wind waker

From personal favorite to personal least favorite:

1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Majora's Mask
4. Oracle of Seasons
5. Oracle of Ages
6. A Link Between Worlds
7. Zelda 1
8. Skyward Sword
9. Zelda II
10. A Link to the Past
11. Minish Cap
12. Breath of the Wild
13. Phantom Hourglass
14. Wind Waker
15. Four Swords
16. Spirit Tracks
17. Four Swords Adventures

Don't remember Link's Awakening well enough to rank it and didn't play Triforce Heroes.

this

>Don't remember Link's Awakening well enough to rank it

The fuck?

>that waluigi mod for ocarina of time is still unavailable
For what purpose?

Phantom Hourglass. Spirit Tracks comes close, though.

>PH
Good taste user. Really wish PH and ST got a remaster/remake of sorts to port them to newer consoles and fix their issues, though I guess the touch-screen controls kinda fuck that over since the 3DS is getting kinda old now and the Switch has no official stylus yet.

Out of curiosity, Anons, what changes would you make to your favorite Zelda game if you could? For me and PH, while I don't think the Temple of the Ocean King is nearly as bad as people remember it (hell, I would actually add more floors to it desu), I'd think I'd add more unique music and make some islands look less same-y. Hell, some sort of secret island in the ocean near/after Bellumbeck's defeated (mainly in the middle where all the quadrants touch? Near Mercay, I guess) would have an island where you could refight previous Zelda bosses. Not just PH/ST/maybe even WW too, but other bosses in the series retooled for it. Would be cool.

Attached: Linebeck.jpg (236x278, 14K)

I played it once some years back. Don't really remember it.

I love PH and I'm 37 years old. I think that Temple of the Ocean King is one of the best designed dungeons.

2D: Oracle of Ages
3D: Wind Waker

Attached: bucees.jpg (900x450, 167K)

Make TP actually challenging. Hero Mode + Ganondorf amiibo on HD was a great start, now let's beef up the AI aggression and actually punish deaths.

OOT and MM are the only really good Zelda games. They may as well be regarded as a completely separate series from the rest of the Zelda games due to the huge quality difference between those 2 and the other Zelda games. Born in 1990 btw

MM is absolute shit though outside of the art.

Zelda series has some of my alltime favorite games but the series as a whole is overrated as fuck and I don’t even like half the games in it.

Your enjoyment will vary a lot depending on which ones you play.

>didn't play Triforce Heroes.

Did anyone?

PH has my favorite puzzle in the entire series.

The one that required you to close the 3DS.

Zelda was hot shit from the mid 80s to the very early 00s. Since WW, it's more or less been coasting off the reputation of its first 7 or so games.

>Since WW, it's more or less been coasting off the reputation of its first 7 or so games.

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)

>Out of curiosity, Anons, what changes would you make to your favorite Zelda game if you could?

I’ve thought about this to an absurdly autistic extent.

Would add a third masterquest to oot that uses the MQ dungeons but adds more enemies and changes a few systems. Would especially add enemies to the overworld. Base game should remain untouched and unaltered, but an extra hard mode that actually has good combat would be ace.

Wind Waker randomized

That is by far my least favorite puzzle in the entire series.

Excluding botw he’s right though, after the N64 Zelda basically got by on its previous reputation. I say that as someone who liked WW and MC when they came out.

Tie between the original and Link to the Past. I can acknowledge their weak puzzles, lack of story/characters, lack of strong artstyle, basically all the stuff later Zelda excels at, but I just absolutely prefer the more opened and more actiony fast paced gauntlet style gameplay of those two.

Punish deaths how? You lose nothing truly important from dying. What do you propose, a pointless rupee penalty?

thanks for contributing so much to the thread

>2D
ALTTP, LA, Oracles, Zelda 1 and 2
>3D
OOT and MM

Attached: nicolas-delort_zelda.jpg (1000x1500, 693K)

my favorite zelda ship

Attached: 7ed520afbd44acd0a0b42d885a115e9d (1).png (870x885, 387K)

>being -12 on Yea Forums
b&

BotW is the first Zelda since to merit the sort of attention the early games got. Personally, I don't think it's that great of a game but an effort certainly was made and it deserves some acknowledgement for that.

Not him, but how bout a permanent heart loss at adds up to one heart for every death? Undo it if you beat the Great Fairy's trail.

Maybe get sent back to the entrance of a dungeon? TP's pretty combat centric compared to most Zeldas so fighting your way back to where you were could be a thing.

I did, it was actually pretty fun for what it was, assuming you played online of course.

He can have him. Zelda will take best fish in exchange.

Attached: 1522338451281.jpg (569x886, 183K)

After replaying Ocarina of time this year, that game is fucking barren

ARE YOU GUYS HYPED FOR MORE ZELDA GAMES WITH DURABILITY BARS ON YOUR ITEMS AND CRAFTING ELEMENTS? NOW THIS IS GOING TO BE THE NORM THX TO THE CANCER THAT IS BOTW

>The series is the crown jewel of arguably the best and most influential developer in gaming history.

Attached: whaddya say chap.png (317x316, 90K)

cute fish

Attached: 2a95c25292a05ed13fabf9675c0b22fa.jpg (1488x1101, 333K)

Lol, what universe do you live in where 23 is Zoomer? That's old enough to drink and do taxes.

>generation Z: born from the mid 1990s to the 2000s

Probably Zelda 2, Majora's Mask, Master Quest, and the Oracles are up there too.

Mario is Nintendo's mascot.

Zelda is their crown jewel.

Attached: Hotel_Mario (2).jpg (220x220, 21K)

>Waluigi, a character only liked by zoomers
>Portraying WW Link, the zoomer's favorite Zelda
Writes itself

>majoras mask? ya thats my fave zelda game how did you guess?

Attached: 1549260213979.jpg (1080x1175, 54K)

Tingle's Rosie Rupee Land

Generation Z: Born after 2000.

>Statistics Canada defines Generation Z as starting from the birth year 1993.[27]
>Randstad Canada describes Generation Z as those born between 1995–2014.[29][30] Australia's McCrindle Research Centre defines Generation Z as those born between 1995–2009
>According to Forbes (2015), the generation after Millennials, Generation Z, which they defined as people born from the mid-1990s to the early 2000s

No, after 1995. Factually. Anything after 95 is zoomer

Oracle Games, Wind Waker, and A Link Between Worlds

That's fucking retarded.
That's 5 years before both the new century, and the new millennium.

why are so many handheld zeldas literally perfect

And? 1980-1994 are technically millennials but that's nowhere near the new millennium. But more to the point, if you were born in the late 90s you grew up on 2000s media and culture, so it makes sense.

Yeah, but I've always thought of Zoomers as people who grew up on 2010s media and culture. You know, Twitter, Vines, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, "dank memes", and Fortnite.

You know, shit.

Wind waker, breath of the wild, a link between worlds, and twighlight princess are considered some of the greatest games of their respective generations

Early 2000s was already a swan song. Popular music started rapidly turning to shit, reality TV was cranking up to 11, cartoons/animation were on a crash course save for a few good last shows, and the sixth generation of consoles brought in a wave of newfags the industry has not recovered from to this day. The only really good thing that persisted until the late 2000s was niche internet culture before everybody became a cynical insincere fuck

100000000000% this

My favorites are BOTW, TP, and Link's Awakening

Attached: 60c.png (700x800, 437K)

Majora's Mask obviously. followed by BOTW

Attached: Zelda MM.jpg (1920x1080, 834K)

I have lots of nostalgia for the 2000s so I'm biased, but if I may offer an alternative perspective, the 2000s also expanded on a lot of the same elements of the 90s. Alternative rock reached new heights in the 2000s, the eurodance phenomenon of the 90s was quickly going worldwide, and even though I have to agree that animation went down the shitter in the 2000s, there were still plenty of good shows that were almost purely culturally 2000s. For kid's stuff you had Spongebob and a lot of the other stuff on Nickelodeon, and for adults you had South Park, which is one of the most culturally 2000s shows there is. And regarding video games, even the trashy FPSes of the Xbox era still felt unique in a way that shit like CoD and Battlefield doesn't.

Plus, as you said, the 2000s was the best decade for the Internet. Face it, 2000s was the last good decade in terms of culture.

Attached: PMCS_Mario_Cards.png (148x215, 16K)

Bump.

>I think that Temple of the Ocean King is one of the best designed dungeons.
>I think going through the same set of floors 4 times is good dungeon design

Shit taste. Nobody likes ToTOK for that reason. theres no point in forcing you to retrek the same shit you've already done every single time.

Attached: 1479422973985.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

The original. No other game in there series except maybe botw even comes close to feeling of adventure.