>Motion blur
>Chromatic aberration
>Vignette
>Intra-frame post-AA
>Color grading
>Film grain

Attached: doubt.jpg (184x173, 7K)

>Color grading
I don't think you know what you're talking about.

>cinematography

Attached: 1542375137852.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

None of this shit every looks as good as
>framerate matching refresh rate with perfect frame pacing

>he made another thread

Only Xbots will ever have the luxury of getting this in games like RE2 and the X.

Educate me.

>Framerate matching doubled refresh rate with perfect frame pacing and black frame insertion

PER

Attached: jhl.jpg (900x900, 102K)

Things need to be color graded, especially video games since they're not capturing footage from real life. It's a process done during development, not a post-processing effect like the other things you listed.
It's a necessary part of development, there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Notice how normal people don't have a problem with these

Only autistic NEETs do

>Right off the bat, it's evident that this game does not consistently maintain a 60 FPS lock. I feel like locking it to 30Hz and diverting all the excess resources to implementing high quality per-object motion blur, in addition to other neat post-processing effects like temporal anti-aliasing and bokeh depth of field, would have been excellent.

Um sorry sweetie but people use LUTs all the time in game development. Educate yourself.

Never seen anyone use color grading in an offline development context. Almost everyone refers to the post-process alteration for "artistic" purposes.

That's not synonymous with colour grading, that's lazy colour grading done automatically by software. If there's any sort of art direction behind the game, it will be properly color graded by a DP.
Stop throwing terms you don't understand around.

>Never seen anyone use color grading in an offline development context
That's because you think color grading is something different than it actually is.

It's literally a part of color grading you autist. Developing a lookup table is literally fucking color grading. Shut the fuck up you have no idea what you're talking about.
>automatically
Don't make me fucking laugh.

I don't see how that invalidates any of the points made. I think you just wanted to namedrop lookup tables to pretend you have any idea what you're talking about.

Literally what's wrong with any of that?
Any please don't give me a reason that would just reflect the fact you're a big baby that doesn't like it therefore claims it's bad just because of that.

Attached: 1532663584832.png (413x609, 399K)

That dog looks so happy
The baby he just ate must've tasted good.

>hur durr color grading isn't done in post
>actually it is, here is a technique
>NO THAT DOESN'T COUNT REEEE

To all the pitbull haters let me give 2 pieces of advice to you the 1st is experience is the best teacher 2nd is if you don't do you research quit complaining about all the attacks that you were never a part of you only ever hear negativity try going to a shelter and adopting one again no experience no argument

>hur durr color grading isn't done in post
Not in fucking videogames, dipshit. They're rendered in real time. Jesus Christ, you're STARVED for attention.

I realize that LUT may be a buzzword within certain circles, but something using proper math rather than a database for color conversion is not technically LUT.

Film grain can be based

Go look up what a LUT is and how they're used in video games and then get back to me. Fucking educate yourself. I'm honestly embarrassed for you.

I kinda like Chromatic aberration but it just makes my eyes water so badly.

Attached: 15235678965678.png (511x948, 516K)

you forgot
>lens flare
>depth of field

Motion blur is good.

>absolute retard tier
motion blur
depth of field
>annoying tier
lens flare
piss filter
>ok tier
vignette
film grain
chromatic aberration

What are they for? Shouldn't game assets and shaders all be mastered with sRGB or Rec 701 in mind? Why then change things in post?

none of those were as obnoxious as bloom in mid-2000s
Also, thank goodness that most of the stuff is switchable

>Depth of field is bad
>But vignette and other camera artifacts are not

It's not uncommon at all to use them with profiles other than log. It gives them even more control.

>Lens flares
>Ambient occlusion
>Bloom
>HDR
>Noise/grain
>Motion blur
>Depth of field
>Glossy normal mapped surfaces
>Bump mapping (which was later replaced with normal mapping)
>God rays
>Dyanmic cloth/jiggle bones
>Glowy bits on characters
>Chromatic Aberration

Attached: IMG_2110.jpg (385x387, 17K)

Imagine thinking HDR, bump mapping, and dynamic materials are bad

>Bump mapping (which was later replaced with normal mapping)

This is the best thing that ever happened to game graphics

Attached: 1545017181705.jpg (1024x1536, 176K)

>soul vs souless

the idea is that 99% of post-process is bad (which is only used to cover up poor rendering), the rest is acceptable if done right

>film grain
>ok tier
Absolutely unacceptable. At least I can be okay with lens flare and a vignette if that's what the game's trying to go fore, but don't make your game look intentionally ugly for no reason.

>Ambient Occlusion
>HDR
>Depth of Field
>Screen Space Reflections
>Bump mapping/Tessellation/Normal mapping
>God Rays
>Dynamic cloth/jiggle

>implying any of these are inherently bad

>Lens flares
Camera gimmick
>Ambient occlusion
More realistic shading. Good
>Bloom
See below
>HDR
Allows for more realistic lighting using real physically based values instead of clipping everything to white
>Noise
Camera gimmick
>Motion blur
Essentially FXAA in the fourth dimension. Only needed for absurdly low frame rates
>Depth of field
Human eye phenomenon, but distracting outside of cutscenes
>Normal map
Realistic shading. Good
>God rays
Should be reserved for humid environments
>Jiggle bones
Prude
>Glowy bits
?
>Aberration
Camera gimmick.

>Screen space reflections
Yes, they are bad.
I mean, they are better than nothing, but I miss seeing real planar reflections that didn't break down every now and then.