Starlink Starfox

>pick it up for $20 bucks new
>got it because Starfox
>found out the rest of the characters and weapons in the game is behind paywalls
>non of them are interesting at all, to be worth buying
I can see why the game flopped, with the Starfox one only worth getting.
Hell if the girl characters in this game were pretty at all, I would have bought some, but they’re all ugly man faces

Other then that the game is actually fun and worth getting at a cheap price, especially with more free Starfox DLC coming to the switch

Attached: B3BDCEEB-1012-4717-A654-EF591DED821D.jpg (1000x1000, 145K)

they should have scrapped the whole thing and made a starfox game without the toys instead

did you seriously buy this shit not understanding the concept of skylanders

dumbass.

Something weird is happening with this game...
It flopped...yet is getting a massive update with all star fox being playable, a new Story with the rest of star wolf and the shitposted to death "star fox grand prix" will be technically real in the new racing mode. What is going on?

What if I exclusively want to play it as a starfox game? It any good?

Some say Ubisoft should be allowed to make a full star fox game. With the massive update the game is getting soon, if seems Nintendo agrees.

The update was most likely in the development before the game came out, so after the game flopped Ubisoft probably just told them to release it anyways to see if it helps minimize the losses.

No, it's trash fetch quests. Just play No Man's Sky , Starlink has less stuff to do than NMS. It also doesn't help that all the allies are either bitches, stupid men, or men who don't wanna help out at all. It's the same 5 missions over and over til you finish the game. The space missions are painfully shit.

Kys NMS shill.

i feel like the bundle set dropped in price faster than fallout 76.
it was like an $80 that quickly went down to $30 in like 2 weeks.

>it's trash fetch quests. Just play No Man's Sky

Attached: 1547161137062.jpg (412x505, 35K)

It's kind of like a Star Fox open world game developed by Ubisoft, the core gameplay is good, but it suffers from the world design being clearly done in set "patterns" with most events/locations fitting in specific types that are reused all over. Still, that's not an issue if you stick to the main plot.

As far as the Star Fox integration goes, Fox is fully present when you're playing as him, with unique dialogue all the time. There's also the Wolf missions with tons of dialogue of the other Star Fox members and Fox's special ability to call the others for backup, which also plays some Star Fox bgm and gives them some generic action lines.

The Star Fox crew is integrated into a few main story cutscenes too, but it's not perfect there, they're missing from a couple of scenes leading into the final battle for example (although they are in the ending itself and have unique dialogue for the final battle as soon as the gameplay starts).

In additon to the actual Starfox content, with the Arwing and Fox, the game has giant bosses and even some small on-rail segments later on, so it definitely feels a lot like what an open world Star Fox game would be.

That doesn't make sense because is FREE.

Do you actually walk on planets freely, or is the open worldness like EVE online?

And there's currently merchandise clogging up the store.

Don't get me wrong, NMS is shit as well. Yet it still has more to do than Starlink.

Maybe, regarless sales, Nintendo is quite happy with this pseudo starfox game and is planning to allow ubisoft to do more? they already loved the complete success of Mario+Rabbids, so much that Nintendo personally published it in Japan instead of ubisoft.

do we have ubisoft official report sales of starlight?

Probably no hard numbers, but late last year there were a bunch of articles stating how the Switch version consisted of 82% of all Starlink sales, and even then the numbers were very low. Guess nobody told Ubisoft that the toys-to-life fad already died out years ago. Can’t wait to see their attempt at a battle royale two years from now.

Solution: drop the real toys format, make the game nintendo exclusive and build some warframe like thing with starfox as main pillar.

Pros
>The switch version has Co-Op play with one console
>don’t really need the toys to play the and finish the game
>the game is $25 bucks on amazon right now
Cons
>the game is repetitive
>extra weapons and characters are behind pay walls
>all the girls in the game but the dark skin one are ugly
I really like to play as a cute girl but damn most of the girls in this game are ugly.

Attached: D811B10E-1951-46ED-886F-2722FD70D997.jpg (700x875, 100K)

Someone post webms

I would rather just buy that Arwing and Fox figure and not get the rest of that trash

Can I play starlink with a GameCube controller?

Should I get it? the main appeal are mostly the Arwing and Fox figures because they look cool as fuck.

It's a freaking great game, especially for the price.

Granted, I did mostly buy it for the Star Fox content. Ubisoft has done a phenomenal job with the IP, other than two grievances I have.

1) Hate how short the Star Fox cast of characters are. I prefer their 64/Assault heights, which are more humanlike, rather than the short SNES heights they went with.

2) SPOILER - I feel Wolf was written out of character.

Attached: Puppet vs Humanistic.jpg (772x656, 47K)

I haven't even finished the game yet after I heard of the initial big content patch, now I'm waiting for this second big patch with all the extra Star Fox stuff before I dive back in.
Granted, I only made one of those tower things but I think I saw Wolf on screen for like a total of 2 minutes.

Agree about the proportions though, they look pretty odd against all of the other props and characters.

Game kinda looks fun, but since it's not actually a Starfox game I am turned off from it. I don't care about these new characters and I don't want to purchase extra toy bullshit to play the game.

Yes, I found that out by mistake

You don't have to purchase anything more than the base game. Any time a certain element you don't have is needed, there's almost always an explosive canister nearby to use.

You can play the entire game as Fox and the Arwing. The three weapons you get with the base game (Two physical one digital) are all you really need, and are solid weapons at that.

Highly recommend you pick up the game and give it a go. Definitely worth the money, especially with the price cuts and upcoming free content.

Attached: Fox Starlink.png (2342x1236, 2.37M)

How exactly does the toy thing work? Does it have to be plugged in at all time?

Nope! You can play the entire game digitally, so you don't need to play with the toys the whole time.

You may need to use the special JoyCon grip with Fox and the Arwing plugged in the first time, but after that, you should be fine digitally from thereon out.

Alright. Just wondering if it's playable in handheld mode without needing some awkward adapter that's barely hanging on.

>Any time a certain element you don't have is needed, there's almost always an explosive canister nearby to use.
I’m glad that I have read this because every other thread on this game has everyone telling me I have to buy Neptune and another pack to get everything in the game.
But if I had to buy one DLC, which one it is worth getting

Attached: 5B60D769-4D94-4AB5-AEAB-5C9703F4F8D8.png (100x100, 8K)

Game's repetitive as fuck.
>capture these ruins by killing Legion or Outlaws
>scan this thing, Legion will attack
>freeing the planets from primes
Hopefully the update is substantial and not just one weak mission like the Wolf thing.
>Any time a certain element you don't have is needed, there's almost always an explosive canister nearby to use
How does that work with the spires with multiple elements you have to hit in order or rearrange?

True, but more free content on top of a game with heavy price cuts could drive more sales.

The games sold, what, 700k thus far? 100k on Xbox and PS4 each, with the rest on Switch?

Its definitely telling why the only story DLC being made/added is for the Switch version. Call it the Star Fox effect, ha.

Are the buttons enough? I was told you couldn't use the team ability since it lacks one button

>more free Starfox DLC
Is all the new Star Fox content from the Direct confirmed free? That sounds suspicious. This is Ubisoft isn't it?

I think the update is adding multiple missions regarding the whole Star Wolf team. I'm thinking 3-5, which is nice. Not to mention the other missions/activities they're adding in April.

It's a challenge, but you can bring however many canisters you need and stack them up in front of the spire. Then you pick them up, one at a time, and throw them.

May take a few tries, but its definitely possible. I 100% the game just using the standard version. Fun time.

There may be more pilots and ships being added, which would be payed for. Game's code has in-game NPCs registered as playable pilots, along with their ships.

As far as the Star Fox content, and the rest of the April update, it's all coming for free.

>But if I had to buy one DLC, which one it is worth getting
I second this, I want something good but none of the DLC really explains what is really good.

I'd suggest the Neptune ship pack for the stasis weapon, and one of the weapon packs with a gravity weapon.

Although it's possible to 100% without them, it'd be nice to not have to rely on the explosive canisters every time you need one of those elements.

Now, the April update video did show what seems to be two new weapons, one of which being stasis.

Would be great if we got a second stasis weapon available in a weapon pack. Bonus if it ends up being paired with a gravity weapon, but Ubisoft's too smart to do that, ha.

Guess my toys to life mecha game will never happen