Alright, boyos. No memeing. No allowing meta narratives to infiltrate your subconscious...

Alright, boyos. No memeing. No allowing meta narratives to infiltrate your subconscious. Just truly individualized thoughts.
Is Anthem an absolute shitshow of a game? Or is it just a repeat of Destiny 1 that’ll probably right its ship in a few months and fags who love lootershooters will happily play the fuck out of?
Are reviewers submitting to groupthink for clicks, and that’s why they’re shitting on this game en masse, or is it really that bad of a hobbling mess?
Are people sucking this games dick now just to spite said reviewers? Or is it actually kinda fun?

From my personal point of view, the only people I think who are justified in hating this game are fans of Bioware’s old works, who grew up on Baldur’s Gate, Kotor, and early DA/ME; who really fell in love with the stories this studio crafted, and are now seeing them throw all attempts at world building down the drain. As for people trying to say this is a bad unpatchable mess, I think y’all are retarded. It’s a lootershooter at its core, and those always have rocky ass launches. And nothing I see here looks “unpatchable.” All Bioware needs to fix is the forced tethering, the shit load times, and the lack of mission variety. And since they’re clearly adopting the “pay full price for early access model,” I’m sure this’ll be a competent title of the genre in like six months.

Attached: 7093F698-AC4F-45DC-AD91-E706624C7066.png (1000x563, 785K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-EHqRRSaE5U
youtube.com/watch?v=v69gyj6bL7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I will say on a personal level a competent lootershooter is still mindnumbingly boring as fuck. But people like this shitty genre, and this game can probably still find a home in it before too long.

>boo hoo bioware makes arpuhguhs
Fucking years ago with a completely different set of people. Those complaints mean nothing.

The moment to moment gameplay is pretty fun but it's never mixed up, while the loot isn't very compelling either. The cinematic experience is diminished by all the environments and missions being the same, and there only being three strongholds.

I'm not saying it can't be fixed through patching and new content.
I'm saying it probably won't be.

Long story short, competent but boring as fuck, which personally is less enjoyable for me than a genuinely bad game

Will EA support further development of Anthem like originally planned or will they just can the whole thing?

It's fine, even great on release.

Give it 6 months and it'll be an 8-9/10.
There's no reason they wouldn't support it. It's a better game than Andromeda.

>It's fine
>Give it 6 months

>give it a half year after you bought it
>give it a half year after it has no relevance any longer

No

>Give it 6 months and it'll be an 8-9
Fucking retard

Attached: 979819584785095882.jpg (247x307, 28K)

I think that’s where I’m at with the game. Like I enjoyed flying and shooting at things in the early access demo my friend got me an invite to, but I felt like the variation wasn’t gonna come close to holding my interest after 5-10 hours. Stuff like forced tethering and long loadtimes seemed really off putting, but that just pushes me away from the game at launch. I’m sure they can fix those things over the next several months.
What really pushes me away from this game is how much of it is gonna feel like a waste of time. Sure, the shooting and flying is fun, but if the game boils down to go to the same places to fight slightly stonger monsters over and over again to progress a boring story, then its just another Destiny or Warframe and I didn’t like those games either.
Really at this point the only reason I’m even remotely interested in playing it is because all my retarded fucking friends preordered it and bought it day one. So this is like -the- time to play it. Which is stupid, because this is objectively the worst time to play it.

>y'all
you're either a bumfuck hick or a retard, which is it op?

weird way to shill

It’s my exgirlfriends fault. She was from Louisiana and would always say y’all and it became part of my lexicon.

such my dick shill, choke on it

>user asks for legitimate discussion away from memery and tribalistic groupthink
>smol brain is literally incapable of escaping said groupthink and resets into glitched shillstatement.exe
This is how broken your brain is.

Yeah. I’m wondering if EA will drop it and Bioware finally. The darker part of me is kinda hoping for it. Bioware has long been a shell of itself with the exits of Kapysharn and Hudson. And even with Hudson back, his talents(if he ever had any) are totally wasted on a game of this genre.
But really I don’t think EA gives a fuck about reviews and metascores. I think all they care about is if it makes money. And given how much marketing they punped into this title, and how many of my dumbass friends bought it at launch, it’s entirely possible the game finds enough success to float it theough the next six months of patchwork.

I bought it because a friend really wanted to play it, he loved destiny and played the fuck out of it, and I couldn't stand destiny, but Anthem is tolerable in a way that Destiny wasn't for me. I think it's just that the movement is better and the combat isn't as stagnant. It does lack diversity in what you do though, every mission consists of the same 3 things, kill things, collect things, or find things.

Now all of that good or bad aside, the game is busted to fuck right now, it crashes randomly all the time, the sound can just cut out completely, I had the game take me out of the middle of a cutscene, and drop me in an infinite fall in an unloaded world. Any NPC bug can trigger a crash at random. I mean it's a fuckin mess, Bioware is proving to be completely incompetent, to the point that they really just wouldn't be missed, because regardless of any potential this game is broken first and foremost so it's trash based on that alone.

They might get their shit together 6 months from now, but changes nothing about the fact that they are selling this broken ass product at full price right now, they deserve all the shit they get.

Fuck you, you're boring. But thanks for bunping my thread.

Anthem is absolutely fucking atrocious. It's the first game I've seen ripped apart by both gamers and critics in a while, even shit like fallout 76 got better reception from game journo shills. It's completely bankrupt both creatively and technically.

Anyone that enjoys this game is normie scum with absolute shit taste. I truely believe people that enjoy this shit are limited to 5 braincells. Also the amount of pathetic defending people are doing towards this game is absolute cringe. The game is shit, I hope it bombs, and if you enjoy it please hang yourself.

Attached: IMG_5258.jpg (453x439, 85K)

The problem is that it is the Destiny 1 launch and then some five years after the fact. Bioware was not only handed the perfect guide on what not to do, but failed to follow even the basic instructions. Everyone praising combos as some new unique mechanic are lying through their teeth or genuinely retarded because they are the biotic/tech combos from ME. Hell if you fucking listen half the time you can hear the detonator sound from ME:A, along with the rocket boost run, double jump, and dodge being straight from the same game. Each thing ability is one that's already been in ME3 MP but better detail. Most of the characters are just down right boring or annoying to talk to, who the fuck goes around talking about "sexy danger, sexy bad choices"? The script feels like earlier Marvel movies where everyone just quips at each other. The story is basic bitch tier "bad guy is getting power of the gods to do bad thing!" which is fine since this is a looter shooter but it more often than not gets in the way of looting and shooting. Their idea of enemy difficulty is being one shotted, while enemies just eat bullets. The entire game is balanced around a four squad, which wouldn't be terrible if people weren't mouth breathing retards, and even then half the time you can abuse the terrible ai to be the last man standing and clear a room. Guns are fucking boring, you get two or three for each category and the only difference is if they fire fast, medium, or slow. The bonuses are just passive numbers that more often than not mean diddly squat. Menus, fucking menus and load screens everywhere.

The only thing it really gets right is being pretty to look at, which means fuck all if you were wanting more gameplay. Along with the Javelins at least handling like something out of ME3 MP more or less. Overall it deserves the shit it's getting, because it's up against established games and talk around The Divison 2 is they got their shit together, so buckle up.

I’m hoping they bottom out and die already. At this point I’m okay with it. I hated where DA:I ended and where it put that plot, and Andromeda has forever fuckes ME as far as I’m concerned. So I’m okay with Bioware finally getting the axe.
But anyway, I think it has potential to be a decent Destinylike game with patchwork, but yeah, the state its currently in is laughable, and I’d be furious if I had actually bought the game and was playing it. What’s been most cringe is watching my friends tell me that the game is “fine” and that “they’re having fun” with it because they probably don’t want to admit to me that they’re retarded for paying $60 for an early access buggy mess.

Agreed, I don't usually play these games, but the way they recreated Ancient Greece in this one is amazing. Must play title for every gamer

It's a repeat of destiny 1, with the same stupid mistakes it made. and it even manages to be EVEN MORE barebones.
the game feels like a polished pre-alpha.

>What really pushes me away from this game is how much of it is gonna feel like a waste of time. Sure, the shooting and flying is fun, but if the game boils down to go to the same places to fight slightly stonger monsters over and over again to progress a boring story, then its just another Destiny or Warframe and I didn’t like those games either.

I've been playing warframe for 900 hours. heck, I probably spend 400 of those in the same "grind" mission.
but for some reason even I am already bored by Anthem after 15 hours and I genuinely don't know why

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Nothing about Anthem is fine or great right now, or even close to acceptable even. The game is a broken mess, that crashes and bugs out constantly, lacks any gameplay variance, has terrible performance problems and has almost no content at all. Not even the most retarded window licker can deny how terrible the game is for a 60 dollar product.

In 6 months it MIGHT be better, but now that EA has Apex Legends, they have little to no incentive to fix or improve anthem at, they are more likely to just dismantle Bioware and chalk up anthem as a loss.

If you read the thread you’d see I think the game isn’t worth buying.

>but for some reason even I am already bored by Anthem after 15 hours and I genuinely don't know why

Probably because warframe is a good game/passion project by a smaller studio that actually cares. Whereas anthem is triple A dogshit.

The game is different depends on how to play. Playing with friends is a different experience as to playing solo.

Post yfw you didn't fall for Anthem

Attached: 1529906909277.jpg (706x1798, 281K)

>DE
>Cares
Blow it out your ass Steve and release content. Just because Anthem isn't the game you were worried about doesn't mean you should hold that shit hostage for a rainy day.

>which wouldn't be terrible if people weren't mouth breathing retards
That isn't really a problem because how simple the game and how terrible the ai is like you mentioned.

I thought combos would be deeper after all the hype they put behind them and abilities. Instead you get three (sometimes effectively two) bland abilities, the combo system is extremely shallow, and you get a limited MMO like rotation that isn't interesting in the slightest. I saw everything I needed to see during the demo.

With Apex being a run away success there's less of a reason to keep them around. And I bought the game and am playing it because a good friend really liked it, he was all about destiny and I couldn't stand destiny, and the core gameplay for anthem is an improvement over destiny in a way that it's enjoyable enough, but still no excuse for how absolutely awful the game is right now. It's an absolute joke.

I wish that were the case, in both instances I'm playing nurse maid, reviving everyone and gunning/exploding shit down. Luckily the Ranger can be built to take some hits and this might as well just be Mass Effect Multiplayer: the game.

I heard there were skill trees in earlier builds that they replaced with loot drops? The fuck is up with that?

I don't think anyone really fell for anthem user, they played the demo and chose to play it or not to, when you release a demo of your finished game 2 weeks before launch you aren't tricking people anymore, you are just showing your hand and throwing yourself at their mercy.

I heard they replaced them because they couldn't find a way to make them interesting which is funny because most of the loot isn't interesting. At least being able to have 20% more X through a skill tree would give you some control over how to build your character instead of depending on RNG.

Also some stats you get on loot have the "this is completely worthless on this type of weapon" problem that other games have.

I was really hoping Anthem would’ve lifted some mechanics from Monster Hunter and implement some systems of player control when it came to building your character. But when I saw it was here’s loot, it may or may not be for the weapon types you use, I was out. I fucking hated that in Destiny. Let me minmax in the direction and skills I prefer.

How the fuck did borderlands get it so right? Yet all of its rip offs keep fucking up so hard

first of its kind

Is there a single fucking lootershooter with satisfying gunplay? Borderlands, destiny and warframe all feel like you're firing an empty super soaker. I doubt this game is any different.

Attached: nogwarts.webm (640x360, 2.42M)

youtube.com/watch?v=-EHqRRSaE5U
look at the diversity of weapons

Warframe is fucking based user

Pack it up, the fat fuck has spoken:

youtube.com/watch?v=v69gyj6bL7E

>all of these NPCs getting their opinions from others
It's pathetic. Retards need someone else to tell them if they like something.

I havent cared about a single bioware game ever since the Dragon Peg: Cisquisition.

Feels good to know that they continue to crash and burn even now.

>from Monster Hunter
I have seen some people compared Anthem to Monster Hunter saying the former is unfairly trashed because its the same thing as the latter. While true on the most basic level (you kill stuff to get stronger to kill bigger stuff) it fails when it come to challenge, enemy design, weapon variety, depth of combat, etc.

It's too early to tell if they will be able to right the ship. I played the Warframe closed beta and I would have never guessed that game would still exist today, but DE was an unknown quantity; BioWare has messed up every game they've released over the past 10 years in some critical way. I'm sure the bugs can be fixed, but the game design itself indicates such a poor understanding of how to create a fun game that I'm not sure the minds directing the ship can comprehend fixing it. Moreover there is such a serious dearth of content for a game that was in development for so long and their roadmap released yesterday indicates new content isn't coming for two months; that is not a rate that will sustain this game.

The game's world isn't cool or interesting at all, the story is completely botched, the characters are annoying, the hub is dead, the loot is boring. People praise the combat but it quickly gets repetitive because the game has no variety and the mechanics are pretty weak.

>make a looter shooter
>make the loot as bland as possible

wat. of all the things they could have rushed, they chose one thing they had to nail

Attached: 1547714584865.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

That’s exactly it. Some people are literally incapable of forming their own opinions and others don’t even realize when they’re being manipulated.

I haven’t gotten the game yet but I will.

Game fun

Attached: kirbs.jpg (462x374, 23K)

>It’s a lootershooter at its core, and those always have rocky ass launches
Why is this acceptable? Especially a game you payed full price for and has further micro transactions.

>Give it 6 months and it'll be an 8-9/10.
They had more than 4 years to get it right. What makes you think 6 more months will magically fix the majority of the problems?

>Only 3 different armor models per Javelin
>Default, preorder armor and cash shop armor
Did thet not know what the loot part of looter shooter meant? How do you fuck up so badly.

>Shooter
>RPG.
Pick one, there is no inbetween. Looter n shooter is also fucking retarded. Shooting at something for 10-20 minutes and calling it a boss is not fun at all. Difficutly = higher health is also not fun, no matter the genre.

All accounts it's a generic and forgettable loot shooter, with insanely long loading times.

My taste in games is objectively shit and even I turned this game off after 10 minutes in the beta.

Attached: 1528785173712.jpg (453x553, 102K)

Think of it as a Buy to Play MMO RPG. Most, if not all of them suck dick at launch. While the developers anticipate the backlash of the inevitable hoard of negative feedback and ridicule, they cement the the foundation of a decent game that flourish eventually.

Rome and plenty of benchmarks in our day and age were not built in a day, month, five years 10 years.

Does Anthem even have enough to be called a RPG?

So is there only one buyable cosmetic armour set per class? I think I'm near the end but I've only gotten Banshee for my storm suit. When do you unlock more cosmetics?

>Is Anthem an absolute shitshow of a game? Or is it just a repeat of Destiny 1 that’ll probably right its ship in a few months and fags who love lootershooters will happily play the fuck out of?
It's on PC, so it's already got the step-up on the first Destiny. It also has its own campaign/narrative, even if the levels seem pretty poorly designed. Tiny toe up on Destiny 1.

I'm playing it with Origin Premiere atm and it's pretty bland. The narrative is pretty interesting, but it's not expanded upon in an interesting way enough. That might be saved for the road-map, but even Destiny 1 had the remnants of Statens imagination spread across it.

>From my personal point of view, the only people I think who are justified in hating this game are fans of Bioware’s old works, who grew up on Baldur’s Gate, Kotor, and early DA/ME; who really fell in love with the stories this studio crafted, and are now seeing them throw all attempts at world building down the drain.
There's attempted world building in this, it's just not very good. Some nice ideas, but poor execution. You're being bias.
>It's a lootershooter
My issue with this is you can't even get blue, purple or orange legandaries early. You can only get 'em if your characters level is close.

I'm sure it could turn out alright, but it's got a rocky start and horrible press so far.

Attached: 1522049089904.jpg (1080x1350, 156K)

>The narrative is pretty interesting
How so?

I like the tidbits with
>Gods that left their creation tools and fucked off
>Monster aliens were their slaves, who then turned us into their slaves
>We fought back with giant mechs to stop 'em
>Good gundam and bad gundam had a fight and ended up creating a cataclysm that just fires out new monsters
>All the plants and creatures are just being warped into ayy lmao lovecraftian horrors
>There's a race that pre-dates the gods of creation and apparently they're still alive somewhere on the planet
I like those parts, but they're not really relevant in the main story at all.

One of the things that bothers me about the background is why isn't there more crazy weapons/abilities with a setting like that?

>Is Anthem an absolute shitshow of a game? Or is it just a repeat of Destiny 1 that’ll probably right its ship in a few months and fags who love lootershooters will happily play the fuck out of?
It lacks content. That's pretty much.

>Sworder
>RPG
Pick one

The only thing that truly upsets me is the loading times, and the server connectivity. Those two hold this game back from being an 8/10. Solid 7.

>Are reviewers submitting to groupthink for clicks, and that’s why they’re shitting on this game en masse, or is it really that bad of a hobbling mess?
both
>Are people sucking this games dick now just to spite said reviewers? Or is it actually kinda fun?
both, well not so much the latter

I like it. If you approach it like a mmo, it's not so bad. ie everyone shits on them, but it's not like it's the worst thing ever.

That being said, it's an awful game at full price. At $15-30, it's decent.

>Gods that left their creation tools and fucked off
BioWare does some variation of this in every single game they make though.

>Monster aliens were their slaves, who then turned us into their slaves
Urgoth look stupid as hell when you do see them. Like a Halo Brute with mange.

>We fought back with giant mechs to stop 'em
I actually don't like this. I think it's ridiculous that these primitive slaves would invent Iron Man armor. Even the modern ones look way too advanced relative to the rest of Fort Tarsis.

>All the plants and creatures are just being warped into ayy lmao lovecraftian horrors
As you said, this isn't in the game at all. You never one see something new or weird happen.

>BioWare does some variation of this in every single game they make though.
Yeah, but I really like it. It's a fun concept.
>Urgoth look stupid as hell
Aw naw, I haven't even seen 'em yet apart from at a cutscene near the start. I was hoping they'd look more alien than ape.

Attached: 1530244996302.jpg (736x797, 93K)

It loads the entire games assets every single time you have to load anything in the game.
There is absolutely nothing to do after the games story.
Multiplayer has been throwing new players into the last mission of the game.
It somehow seems to be less stable than the demo they had a few weeks prior to release.

It's a total wash. Bioware would need countless man hours and Luck to just get the game up and running to a point people can play. Let alone be willing to do so.

You can see them in murals as the background of certain menus and in Fort Shartsis.

You also see one in-game after the final mission.

Hello, Skillup review repeater. You’re not wrong, but could you not regurgitate someone else’s words verbatim?

>Are reviewers submitting to groupthink for clicks, and that’s why they’re shitting on this game en masse, or is it really that bad of a hobbling mess?
It is a mess, atleast for a triple A launch, but most problems stem from technical issues and lack of content

>Are people sucking this games dick now just to spite said reviewers? Or is it actually kinda fun?
It is fun, but like all games of this type, they are repetitive.
The real problem here is that the game is not high enough quality enough to justify it's $60 pricetag.
Hell, I wouldn't even call it quality enough for $40.

All in all, it's a fun experience but as someone with 50+ hours on it, I recommend anyone interested in it to just get the origin access ($4) so you can test it enough to decide if it is worth it to you.

At worst,
you "lose" $4, but can play other games that are included in the access so it's not all bad

At best,
you get a week or two of entertainment before you get burned out of the game, and then you can sit back while waiting for the game to get updates that might make you want to come back to it

Attached: 1540893563966.gif (600x337, 74K)