Is it worth playing the PS3 in 2019? I want to play some games I missed out on and they're not on PS Now

Is it worth playing the PS3 in 2019? I want to play some games I missed out on and they're not on PS Now.

Do you think Sony will kill the PS3's online and PS Store once the PS5 drops next year?

Attached: playstation-3-console-slim-160-gb-refurbished.jpg (4500x2970, 917K)

Bump

Absolutely yes.
I honestly consider PS3 still a FAR superior purchase than ANY current-gen system.
Plenty of great games, full or limited backwards compatibility, far bigger PSN Store catalog, free online, piss easy to jailbreak for free shit, plays BDs ... it's gr8.

It's worth for the MGS Legacy Collection alone. On top of that, there's Persona 5, Demon's Souls, most Yakuza and Ace combat games, NieR ... etc.

Not really

I mostly play PS3 games. I'm currently playing Infamous 2.

Attached: P_20190223_232824_1.jpg (3808x2856, 2.29M)

Will they shut down the PSN on ps3 when the ps5 comes out?

Who knows

there has been no word of that so far.

They still have PSP up so you are probably ok for awhile.

no gaems

Just as a note if you end up buying a PS3 and also intend to use it as a home entertainment system (video streaming):

Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube are still supported however the PS3 app for Twitch no longer is for some reason. Twitch just quietly stopped releasing updates for the PS3 version and it doesn't seem like it will ever be updated.

Netflix still had support to PS2 until circa 2012, so I guess the PS3 owners are fine.

Unquestionably yes.

When we look back, PS3 will rank well above current generation. Likely more due to games industry not leaning so hard on online play, which has now devolved in a handful of genres and cookie cutter gameplay.

I think the real question in what happens to all of our ps+ games when they sunset?

PS3 is great, I still play the shit out of mine, probably as much as my PS4.

I have 24 Physical Games and 20 digital the digital is mainly in case Sony does something ducky with backwards compatibility and you need to have the digital version of the game and not the disc about half my digital games are physical backups I got at a good price.

You can also still buy NEW SEALED PS3 games still for around $20. I'd recommended picking one up for all the HD PS2 ports and some good Japanese games.

Bump

Absolutely yes! Here you got some games that you might find interesting

* Assassins Creed Saga
* DBZ Budokai HD
* The last of us
* Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
* Skyrim
* Grand Theft Auto 4
* Grand Theft Auto 5
* Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
* Street Fighter 3 Third Impact
* COD Saga
* Battlefield Bad Company 2
* Battlefield 3
* Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Saga
* Motorstorm Apocalypse
* FI 2010
* Gran Turismo 5
* Metal Gear Collection
* Metal Gear Solid 4
* Metal Gear Rising
* Dead Space 1 & 2
* Bioshock 1
* Mirrors Edge
* Dead Rising 2
* Dishonored
* Borderlands
* Spec Ops The line
* Deus Ex Human Revolution
* Fallout 3
* Vanquish
* Oblivion
* Resident Evil 5
- [ ] Doom 3
- [ ] Lost Planet
- [ ] Mass Effect Collection
- [ ] Demon’s Souls
- [ ] Bayonetta
- [ ] God of War 3
- [ ] Nier
- [ ] Fallout New Vegas
- [ ] Portal 2
- [ ] Infamous 2
- [ ] Rage
- [ ] Ni no kuni
- [ ] Binary Domain
- [ ] Max Payne 3
- [ ] Resident Evil 6
- [ ] Killer is dead
- [ ] Devil May Cry 4
- [ ] Sleeping Dogs
- [ ] Shadows of the Damned

F O L K L O R E
O
L
K
L
O
R
E

If you have a good enough computer you can emulate most of the exclusives and non-pc ported games decently and some like DeS and Persona at resolutions and performance higher than the original, and like emulation in general it's always going to get better with time

get one!

For PS3 exclusives? no. For the PS1/PS2/PS3 library? yes. Though if you're interested in PS1/PS2 games, a fat PS2 on ebay is still the best choice, as you can install a HDD on it, it can even have a faulty optic driver.

Yeah man, plenty of good games to play that you can get on the cheap. Plus it's still the only way to play demon's souls

Had mine stashed in the basement. After I moved I set it up again and put a custom firmware on it. It's nice for playing PS2 games since pcsx2 is still a lot worse for a lot of games.