>2019
>still no good live-action videogame adaption movie

How is this still the case almost 30 years on? They've all been shit and the occasional one that looks to have potential (Onimusha with Takeshi Kaneshiro, the Fatal Frame movie that Spielberg was to produce) falls into development hell and is canned.

Attached: mh_sd01-7188-32_rgb.jpg (2700x1800, 809K)

Mortal Kombat
Silent Hill
Prince of Persia

It's not a long list, granted.

is this from the same hack that made the RE movies?

Jumps in your path!

Attached: Capture+_2019-02-22-20-53-51.png (1295x1878, 3.78M)

Is this an ironic list? You forgot Super Mario Bros and Street Fighter, those are masterpieces of trash too.

Silent Hill was kind of dumb, 90% of the movie is watching the protagonist run around like a blithering retard. It uses the Yamaoka soundtrack, but that's the only redeemable thing about it. The proper list is:

>Mortal Kombat
>Prince of Persia
>Assassins Creed
>Hitman (the first one only)

Yes.

I wanted to like this film, but holy shit, the director was so retarded for putting in one and a half john woo scenes when the entire fucking series revolves around John Woo shooting.

It is. You can tell because he made his wife one of the leads again.

>live action
Using attractive real actors is illegal now though so no good will ever come of this.

Mortal Kombat was one of a kind, lightning in the bottle
It ain't happening again

Why tho

Surprised that Sony and Avi Arad let the inFAMOUS movie fall into production hell considering that superhero movies are really in-vogue now thanks to the MCU.

the Warcraft movie was pretty as long as the focus wasn't on Humans

The list isn't ironic. They're "good" films that set out to do what they intend. Mortal Kombat is a kung-fu action flick with super powers that includes the fan favourites from the games, Silent Hill is a tense and well shot horror film with great creature design and Prince of Persia is a fun Arabian swashbuckling adventure film.

None are "great" films, and there are a lot better films in their chosen genres, but they're "good."

Silent Hill had great cinematography (mostly taken directly from the games, of course) aesthetics and creatures design (that preferred practical effects over CGI too)

As for Hitman, I liked it but there was way to much generic action for it to feel like Hitman.
Haven't seen Ass Creed yet.

Detective Pikachu has a decent chance given the trailer was good, although the realistic Pokemon designs have some duds. The human lead might drag the movie down if he's bad, even if Reynolds is good as Pikachu. If that's successful, more big-budget close-to-source vidya movies will release.

Milia Jovovich being hot is the only unironically good thing about her movies though.

What happened to that Duke Nukem film? Haven't heard a word about it since they announced it.

Obviously the American one that Spielberg was involved with is long dead, but has anyone seen the Japanese Fatal Frame movie that came out a few years ago?

Attached: Gekijōban_Zero_poster.jpg (265x374, 29K)

Deus Ex is a series that's perfect for a movie adaption but nobody has the balls to include Alex Jones-tier dialogue in a film

Attached: 62T5ZKY.jpg (1435x742, 84K)

MORTAL KOOMBAAAT

>Milia Jovovich being hot is the only unironically good thing about her movies though.
Also the fact that she's willing to get naked in them.
(Still can't believe the first RE film has a shot of her pussy)

You're absolutely retarded with your Shitman and Asscrack and the user was right on the money, with PoP being a bit of a stretch

best game adapted movie is Battle Royale (2000)
period. op confirmed uncultured swine

Chronicles Of Riddick is essentially an indirect adaptation of Escape From Butcher Bay.

Garbage
Yes

God damn the fucking dude on the right looks like Other Joe

Ghosts that make the girls raging lesbians, it wasn't really good

When will MH give you the ability to carry two weapons on hunts?

A lot of videogame films tend to get announced and then nothing happens or they get to the pre-production stage and then something happens that they basically fall apart there and then. For instance the Uncharted movie that Sony have had going for the past decade.

SMB is the only way a Mario adaptation could ever work.
It's a decent movie too.

Ace Attorney is supposed to be legit great

I'm not sure I'd call it a decent movie, but it certainly falls into the "so-bad-it's-good" territory for a lot of people.

Go on........

What in the absolute fuck was wrong with Hitman 1? It literally has everying Hitman in it. Why do people complaining about the action when the Hitman series is not lacking in that regard at all? Do you literally want to watch 2 hours of Olyphant PREPPING for an assassination, changing through multiple sets of clothing in a freezer, and so on?

Yeah, I always think it's him when I see this picture. How does an Asian manage to look like a Mexican?

If they just say they're making a film rather than that they're filming it then it basically doesn't even exists, it's just an idea until then.

We already have a name for those guys. They're called Philippinos

Rampage says hi.

Wrong.
Postal is not only a good live-action videogame adaption, it's quite literally a perfect adaptation.

Attached: Postal.jpg (312x445, 36K)

Agent 47 canonically does every assassination Silent Assasin style.

The best way to do the film is like a heist film, where the film does indeed focus on the planning and then the executions of those plans.

It shouldn't be an action movie, it should be a political thriller with heist elements.

Dude, what?

Pitch Black

I enjoyed Doom.

The fuck even happened to Uwe Boll?

Pic related is good if you wanna laugh at some schlocky action sequences

Attached: 11786848_1300x1733.jpg (1300x1709, 374K)

Glad someone else is aware of this. I fucking love that scene where a dev from RWS tries to kill Uwe Boll for turning his game into a shitty movie.

Enjoying a film and it being a good film are two different things. Doom's objectively terrible, but I did enjoy it.

There's actually a Forbidden Siren movie that loosely adapts the second game.

Can't be any worse than the Silent Hill movies... can it?

Attached: forbidden siren.jpg (400x566, 38K)

Tomb Raider movies were alright.

To be clear, the standard here should be whether the source is adapted well as much as the critical quality.

That greatsword is pathetically tiny, he's not gonna hit shit with that thing

Attached: mh gs.jpg (1200x900, 100K)

That's because even a prop weapon would be unreasonably heavy if that size. They should have hired someone really buff though, that guy is a fucking manlet.

No they weren't. They were fucking awful.

I don't think Doom was adapted particularly well. Though I guess it did have its fingers in the Doom3 pie.

>Silent Hill had great cinematography (mostly taken directly from the games, of course) aesthetics and creatures design (that preferred practical effects over CGI too)
This. The use of practical effects and the choreography of the nurse scene was GOAT

Attached: Golden Ratio found in friendship.jpg (480x640, 39K)

Warcraft was pretty good

His German tax loophole stopped working, game companies stopped giving him their rights, and no one will crowdfund his shit, so he pretty threw a hissy fit and quit.

The last time anyone acknowledged him was last year, when he tried to sue WB for the Rampage movie, saying it would "confuse audiences" (he made his own movie trilogy also called Rampage), calling it "one of those typical feelgood, popcorn bullshit movies that the studios use to brainwash America even more".

the postal movie was pretty good. uwe boll movies are shit but postal really captured everyting about being a genocidal maniac who doesnt give a crap about anything really well.

would work great as a job since the original deus ex has a really grounded to reality art direction, by then mechanical augments arent popular. nano-augments just require glowing eyes and some little make up, clothing isnt very futuristic either.

If they made it into a standalone without caring for the Square enix soft reboot, I think it would work pretty well.

show*

A good 47 flick would follow some interpol agent on his trail, discovering the story of the agency and all that, like in Red Dragon, finding motives and the sordid details in 47s targets.

can someone recommend me some decent video game films? I always avoided those for obvious reasons

Literally the first post.

>his wife
she plays a fucking retard psychopath who dies like a bitch at the end of the movie

he doesn't write the movies he just directs them, and put his wife in every single one of them

Animated RE especially the new one is dumb fun

you forgot the rest of the godsent vidya movies
mario bros
hitman
Sonic
i mean sonic isn't out yet but if you like shit like that you'll probably think sonic is amazing kek

yeah but, uh oh,
Director: we can't hire someone taller than my wife of she'll look too weak, let's just hire a manlet

I can't wait for this movie to be so bad that I watch it with my friends and we can't take it seriously for one fucking second.

He said live-action.
We could also include the first Pokemon film on the list and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
If we include non-theatrical releases we can also add Sonic the Hedgehog and Street Fighter 2.

>I have no sense of scale or comparison, everything is either gold or trash, nothing in between.

I unironically like the RE movies, but im forever mad at capcom for ditching george romero.

Romero's script is pretty bonkers
>ripped as fuck native american Chris

>ripped as fuck native american Chris
Well, that's mostly right.

>still no john wick vidya

Attached: pLvzEIyt_mU.jpg (1200x1778, 886K)

>mario bros
lots of people hate that movie but i fucking loved it. every single minute of it. it was so cheesy and over the top that it was perfect.

The first Hitman movie was actually pretty good.

Some of these faggots aren't even trying.

Attached: fuck the rest.png (1200x1775, 3.66M)

Wait did the movie get an actual English translation? I've been trying to watch it for years, the games were genuinely terrifying.

I BEG TO FUCKING DIFFER

Attached: 5674568.png (1280x720, 817K)

John Wick isn't even good though, so who cares.

You get him if he tries to move, duh.

Films based on games are one media medium trying to ape another medium that have vastly different consumer investment.

Take the Resident Evil series. So fucking much of it was just emulating quotes or fights from the game yet because you spend 1/8th the amount of time at a movie then the average game. They fail to properly set up context or why those lines where said or why those fights were important. There is so much they want to cram in as points of hype from the games they do not have the time to set up why they are hype. They make video game movies for gamers yet do not have the time to fundamentally show why they are good moments.

This makes the movie shitty for non-gamers who feel like the film was just too shallow and shitty for gamers because they feel like it was done poorly. This is why LotR's did so well. It's movies were long as shit and there was a fuckload of them. So they could slow down and explain why things of import were important.

>unironically considering any of the movies posted here good
ironic MK Yea Forumsfags need to hang

I once heard it explained another way.
Video games, at least a lot of early 3D types, were basically trying to put YOU into the movie. To make you the star.
Essentially they were copying films and saying "okay, your turn"
As an example, Resident Evil was Romero films, Tomb Raider was Indiana Jones, Star Fox was Star Wars etc.

So, trying to make those games into films is like making a translation of a translation. You're getting something that can't be as good as the original it was based on, nor be as good as the game it was based on because it's lacking the interactivity.

Its funny, Capcom turned down Romero's script (which was nearly identical to the games) for the Anderson one, their logic being "if the movies are too similar, people will just go see them and stop buying the games".

That is a good point. Films based on books are just shorthand versions of books where you don't need to imagine what is happening. Both are telling a story from an outside perspective. Games on the other hand the story is about YOU and your actions.

No idea honestly. I didn't know about it before only a couple days ago.

As far as I know it was exclusive to Japan, but it was also a low budget direct-to-video release for a relatively obscure game, so I doubt there's much demand for fansubs.

But it's also like making a film based on a book... and then making a book based on that film.
It's kind of redundant and the new book won't be better than the film OR the original book the film was based on, even if it is a good book.

Standard goon aim

what kind of idiot logic lead to that conclusion

Attached: what.gif (501x335, 12K)

Video game executive logic. Which is barely a step above Hollywood exec logic.

guess again

Attached: forknife.jpg (1280x720, 140K)