Hanging out in Rain World Thread

Hanging out in Rain World Thread

Attached: RWPoleDancing2.webm (500x281, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1o3gouaiHsHT2H9d2HD5gDhgmoWwoL94gSFt7Ka1-vDk
youtube.com/watch?v=KN1nHTHP5R8
eggzero.serv.pink/rainworld/web/web.html
blackscreenrecords.com/products/rain-world-original-soundtrack-by-james-primate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>throw spear at lizard
>it misses and hits a baby noodlefly

Attached: 1533779660692.jpg (400x533, 29K)

Why are there quite a lot of Rain World threads? Haven't played it, but didn't it come out in 2017?

switch version

Attached: taffypulling2.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Switch release. Also got me into finishing my playthrough. Currently trying the Jolly Coop mod over Parsec and suffering greatly.

Remove rain deers

Really hoping the devs can figure something out for co-op, it would be great if it had splitscreen functionality.

I don't know what to feel about Rainworld flopping on sales but sticking hard onto Yea Forums.

Attached: 1534393089072.jpg (850x914, 79K)

It didn't even really flop, devs are happy with the sales

Started playing a few days ago. Why are there so many hidden controls? It's really frustrating that basic things like dropping items are never explained. The rest of the game is really nice so far.

That expansion with the five new slugcats is unofficial, right? I've seen some people talking about new DLC, are they referring to this?

Have you tried reading the letters that appear after you pause the game

It didn't sell that much but the dev team is just two dudes so they made enough to call it a success

So I tried this out and idk what the fuck I'm doing. Am I supposed to go somewhere specific? I died to a lizard then died to rainfall. Idk wtf

also did it matter who I picked at the start? is it vastly different between the three characters? I picked the white one

>throw vulture grub at a scav pass
>it targets me

Attached: 4f9.png (500x495, 538K)

>That expansion with the five new slugcats is unofficial, right?
Yes
We know that the newest update was so the devs could update all three releases at once, so theres more coming

That one is unofficial, but pretty massive. 90% sure the devs themselves are still working on the game too since they mentioned 1.7 making future updates easier.

follow your orange boy, he'll lead the way to where you should go for the most part
monk is easy mode, white is normal and carnivore/red is hard

So how's the switch verison compared to the PC version? Any noticeable differences (besides stuff like mods, of course)?

k, ty

Performance is lacking. Lower framerate, dips, etc. Some crashes too but I haven't seen those since the last update.

Still enjoying it because of the portability, but if you have a choice go for PC.

Yeah ok that drop thing is retarded on my part. But still this game has a ton of movement options that are never explained

>niche game appeals to a niche of losers obsessed with video games

color me surprised

Attached: 1550377275018.png (650x448, 33K)

My physical copy of the game got shipped today. Let’s go. In 15 years, when the world will have realized just how much the game is masterfully crafted, it will be worth a hundred thousad dollar.
And fucking finally. Limited run games put it on sale in december, I was starting to believe they fucked up my order

Attached: C46142B3-48B4-4806-93FA-40D697324E22.jpg (1224x1114, 183K)

SMACK SMACK SMACK

The advanced movement stuff isn't mandatory, completed my first run without using any of it or having to look stuff up. Not really sure why they decided to implement them like this, but I guess explaining it in-game would have been quite the mouthful.

This might help if you want to try them out:
docs.google.com/document/d/1o3gouaiHsHT2H9d2HD5gDhgmoWwoL94gSFt7Ka1-vDk

Attached: moves.webm (455x299, 637K)

You can actually wall jump very far but the timing is hard to do. I once did it accidentally and retried it but never did it again, it was early in the game in the outskirts

the biggest problem i have is that 'hold up to grab any pole you cross' is never explained, yet explaining it would have nullified most of the 'teh controls r shit' criticisms

You're the reason why the devs patched the game to make it easier. Version 1.0 was relentless as it featured a lot less food to find

LRG opens pre-orders before they start actual production, any game you order from them tends to take a while to ship. If you look at their production updates page there are still games from last August that haven't been shipped yet.

Still waiting on the RW bundle with vinyl myself, that's gonna take a while.

You probably don't explore into the depths of indie titles much, but almost every indie developer would kill to get as many sales as Rain World did. It's not as famous as Hollow Knight or Undertale, or other indie hits, but it was definitely successful

None of the hidden controls are required to beat the game, they're mostly for style points and speeding up your walks from A to Z, except for maybe the slidespear.

I remember the map loss on death being pretty brutal, dying at the end of a long cycle of exploring was devastating.

Attached: 1549573313511.jpg (685x960, 119K)

Don't forget faint silhouette and 2 seconds of air in water. And heavy 2-handed grubs

Attached: 1549812243593.png (540x675, 9K)

Some tips to get you started. There are several different regions and each once requires a certain level of karma to enter. Karma is incremented by one by sleeping in shelters and decremented by one by dying. Karma flowers are the glowy yellow flowers you find in certain places and eating them will protect you from karma loss on death. If you die, you will lose the "karma shield" effect, but if you can get back to where you died, the karma flower will be growing out of the last normal platform you stood on, so if you fall off a cliff or drown in the ocean you'll still be able to retrieve it. If you die twice the flower will disappear. Follow the yellow dude and if you see a gate that requires five karma to pass, it's probably not a good idea to get stuck on the other side, at least until you climb up a certain greenish area, and then it's a great idea.

Also don't worry about killing things so much. It's usually not worth it unless you know what you're doing, but always try to keep something on hand to stun a lizard if they get to close.

I nelive you but you would expect a bigger game to make an impact this big on Yea Forums, hoping for ZeroRanger threads next.

Attached: 1550162249002.png (612x733, 59K)

Attached: DwdZXG9VAAACSj8.jpg (1200x712, 78K)

With the pause screen already showing the controls why not have advanced controls somewhere there too? Just feels strange to have all these movements coded into the game but never say they exist
Yeah my bad, I thought that swallow/regurgitate and dropping items were hidden controls. They were actually just hidden in plain sight

I CANT STOP THINKING OF IT AS A TINY MOUTH HELP

ZR is a great game but there just isn't as much in it to talk about, hard to see it catching on here

But it is

Attached: 1544734112765.png (225x225, 37K)

This should help.

Attached: Intro 6 - 7 - Rain Drop - Flat.png (1366x768, 250K)

It's easy to tell the difference in the ingame art, but I just can't not see a mouth in all the fanart

I have done a piece of fanart where i intentionally drew it as a mouth

What did you name your slugcat?

Attached: 383D13AC-62A9-461F-A7BB-36DE72C22FC2.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

Two Shining Fangs in A Quiet House

REMOVE SCAV remove scav you are worst organism. you are the organism idiot you are the garbage system smell. return to unfortunate development. to our monk cousins you may come our outskirts. you may live in the drainage system….ahahahaha ,scav toll we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole scav stink tolls qhipere shqipare..scav genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead turk..ahahahahahBOSNIA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget Farm Arrays .Outskirts we kill the king , scavs return to your precious garbage wastes….hahahahaha idiot scav and vulture smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE SCAV FROM THE PREMISES. you will get speared. hunter+survivor+monk+green lizard=kill scav…you will Farm arays/ 5Pebles alive in unfortunate development, 5Pebles making cancer of world . fast processor 5Pebles UD. we are ascended and have void now hahahaha ha because of 5Pebbles… you are ppoor stink scav… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a pipe

5Pebbles alive numbr one #1 in Unfortunate Development ….fuck the toll ,..FUCKk ashol scav no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur toll and tribe. 5Pebbles aliv and real strong god kill all the scav farm aminal with iterator magic now we the slugcats rule .ape of the zoo echo spades fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and scav wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our mask we will crush u lik a skull of lizard. Outskirts greattst zone

Attached: slugcat oh you.jpg (499x356, 82K)

>You can actually wall jump very far

You can walljump endlessly. It just is very, very difficult to do

Attached: easy mode rainworld.png (364x838, 34K)

anyone getting the soundtrack?
is it? I can wall jump at least 4 to 5 times which is enough for some areas like the crypts.
kek saved

Attached: Rainworld_Vinyl_Mockup_front_1024x1024@2x[1].png (800x800, 577K)

I've had to go through Shoreline the wrong way, and had to walljump a dozen times in one go.

youtube.com/watch?v=KN1nHTHP5R8

Attached: 1548727719852.gif (455x381, 107K)

>take a bath of dead turk..ahahahahahBOSNIA WE WILL GET YOU!!

I fucked this part up.

Attached: slugcat at karma gate.png (453x604, 322K)

>anyone getting the soundtrack?
I fucking wish. That shit sold out within minutes

Slugcat. I am not very creative.

Attached: 1531423709208.gif (320x235, 1.92M)

ok, I am ready to redeem myself. I have made it this far, and I guess I need to try and bring 2 back after having eaten one. should I just turn back now to bring them back or press on.

Attached: 312520_20190220215244_1.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

>be trapped in drainage hell shelter next to filtration
>finally get through endless tunnels of watery death
>somehow survived but running out of time before the rain
>have to climb up endless tunnels requiring walljumps quickly or lose all progress

Getting good at walljumping is pretty useful sometimes desu

Attached: RWOhNo.webm (960x540, 718K)

You can press on. the grapple worm makes getting back easier

oh, I was dropping him because I wanted to hold more flies

Continue, you'll be able to get back to Shoreline eventually if you keep going. You can hold 1 neuron in your stomach if you swallow one when already full.

oh FUCK I didn't even think of that.

CRAPple worm makes for a slow, clumsy slugcat that can't style on lizards and vultures.

Attached: pissed of pepper.jpg (812x599, 172K)

Press on because there is an asshole that you would like to meet. If you want to make it back to Moon you can climb down The Wall, and then go down Chimney Canopy which leads into Industrial and since you've eaten a neuron, getting through Shaded Citidel to Shoreline should be ezpz.

That's the easiest way though. If you wan't to be an ebin god gamer you'll take the path backwards through Underhang and go back down the way you came. It's got some the most difficult platforming in the game and is very ___fun___ in my opinion.

>Hating on based grapplebro
Fuck you Hunter, go eat some centipedes or some shit.

ok, so basically neuron in hand, grapple worm in the other and neuron in belly. I need to get her over the number of neurons she started with right?

One to make her not hate you, one to make her like you

Ok, so ill be making this trip without weapins, wish me luck.

>explore that area for shits and giggles
>only way to get out of that area in DS is to go through 3 flooded tunnels, the first of which has air pockets so far apart you can only make it if you use fast swimming shenanigans
>gate requires 4 karma, if you're too low you could get stuck(might be enough food to farm, not sure)
>getting out through Filtration requires going through a very tough section and could have you getting stuck on the western dead end if you don't know the region
Are there any worse beginner traps in gaming? God damn.

Attached: 1550138141463.png (310x215, 3K)

I want to murder all the Daddy Long Legs, right to the source. Murdering all the way to Pebbles.
I dream of Slugcat with bomb spear artillery destroying all the evil cancer.

Threadly reminder that because of Fruity Pebblers, it is only a matter of time until the entire world is one huge blob of daddy long legs.

1 explosive spear right to their core does the job. Speaking of which, do they even respawn?

Drainage System > Garbage Wastes > Chimney Canopy > Filtration System > Five Pebbles > The Underhang > Sky Islands > Shaded Citadel > The Wall > Industrial Complex > Shoreline > The Leg > Outskirts > Subterranean > Farm Arrays

Attached: e4dce1122a5f684e3577e9e7c21da17b.png (800x670, 454K)

So when's that expansion mod coming out?

I'd say 6 months to 1 year
eggzero.serv.pink/rainworld/web/web.html

Good to know, thanks.

I think they do eventually.

Farm Arrays would be one of the best zones if not for the fucking deer.

Attached: 1549655286859.jpg (800x755, 99K)

Vultures are so cool

*threat music with nothing in sight
heh... nothin personnel, slug

Attached: 1534448395368.jpg (460x1042, 68K)

The worst part is getting stuck because you dont have gas sacks for deers

*maraca noises*

Is it just me? Or is Slugcat kinda hot?

Attached: dabs.jpg (1200x899, 113K)

he is

Well, it's not a double lizard, so it's obviously endothermic

Look at how it's spreading its legs at the lizard, what a slutcat

Attached: 1548794485582.jpg (960x840, 120K)

I went through shoreline, met up with moon and ate one of her neurons by accident
I went through a karma gate under the ocean and now I'm next to a big ass hole filled with a bunch of godamn demon emus.

Am I going the right way?

>I went through a karma gate under the ocean and now I'm next to a big ass hole filled with a bunch of godamn demon emus.
I'm guessing youre in subterranean or filtration in which case lmao no

IT.KEEPS.HAPPENING

Attached: 1544422905961.png (400x288, 67K)

>Blue one just fucking SMASHING his on the ground
Brutal.

Oh shit, where am I supposed to go?

spiderland

erm.. he's the quiet one
I'd say for you to go up, find the path of least resistance. You're probably on the few last areas of the game. Go towards the dark place

>Go towards the dark place
Filtration System IS the dark place
Just go to shaded citadel man

I was trying to be cute, but yea, shaded citadel. If you find robot rape birds again, you're on the right path

Attached: 1527426392901.png (1451x554, 187K)

I really liked the naming conventions of the ancients

Other anons already told you, but for the future, if you can find bundles yellow spirits that you "release" by touching, they float in the rough direction that you need to go. This can help you avoid getting lost to an extent.

Attached: RWSling.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

o fug the improved one is a beaut
maybe some more neurons floating around Moon?

Why haven't I heard of this game? Is it good? Looks like Another World.

My memory in regards to the ending is a bit shit; what the fuck was the deal with the Void Worm again?

Alright cool, thanks

We just dont know
All we have is speculation and headcannon

4, because he already ate 1

Attached: 1529735670086.png (540x675, 10K)

Good stuff, fukken saved.
a smol angry overseer in the bottom left corner would be 12/10

>Why haven't I heard of this game?
It's an indie title that was released around the same time as Hollow Knight

>Is it good?
Yes, it's an actual passion project, but it isn't for everyone because the design philosophy is different from most other games

>Looks like Another World.
It's not really like that game

It's not for everyone, the game is unique in its vision and doesnt compromise so it might put you off
If you can get into it, its legit amazing

Attached: SI_C09.png (1370x2299, 1.73M)

I'm barely in the second area but I'm starting to learn the game uh is there any way to deal with the guys with spears

mkay

Attached: 1527583313452.png (540x675, 10K)

Befriend them or kill them all, your choice
hint:they like shiny jewelry

Respect them.
Don't make sudden movements, lower yourself compared to them (crouch), and give them gifts (they REALLY like pearls), or try to save them if they're attacked by a lizard or something.
They can become your friends.
However, they are all individuals and every once in a while you'll encounter an asshole who still tries to spear you even when you're friends with most of the tribe.

Or you can just git gud and spear them all back

approach slowly and on your belly. If they're at a toll, you'll have to pay, usually with a common pearl. Killing them too much will make some flee at your sight or assemble kill squads to hunt you down.

Attached: 1543229873347.jpg (794x338, 63K)

Are scavs inaccurate as hell with spears, or are they just throwing warning shots when I meet them?

Warning shots. Their warchief has the accuracy of a goddamn sniper, and the lesser scavs tend to miss more. If they threw too much above or below you, it's on purpose to make you fuck off or be more friendly on your approach i.e drop your weapons and get down on the ground

Attached: 1529462950340.png (1536x1968, 524K)

HANG ON A FUCKING MINUTE is this a furry/undertale style cancer game?

Goddamn this game is cool as hell. I suspected there was something special about the Scav AI, but reading this thread made me really appreciate it. I had always just ran past them never really realizing what the deal is with them.

Unless literal animals count as furry, no

Attached: 1547927092147.webm (962x542, 2.71M)

user, the AI, in special the scav AI is the crown jewel of this game. The way they act and interact is just the best.
Take this webm, for example. The scav gets distracted by a strange looking pole, examines it, then gets SPOOKED.

Attached: 1532155512170.webm (1280x720, 222K)

No, but as with all games with anthropomorphic animals or semi-anthropomorphic animals in them, it attracts the crowd

Attached: 1543941164329.webm (1920x1080, 719K)

Sometimes they just don't care anymore

Attached: RWAlohaSnackbar2.webm (1000x563, 474K)

or did they even care at all in the first place?

Attached: RWlolScavs.webm (1024x576, 799K)

I'll be pedantic and say nothing has fur in this entire game. Also the only two actual characters are humanoid robots.

There you are! post the webm of the distracted scav being eaten by the red, pls

Attached: 1526078737683.jpg (803x1200, 140K)

How do I git gud at this game, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>The scav gets distracted by a strange looking slugcat, examines it, then gets CHOMPED

Attached: RWsurprise.webm (1000x563, 595K)

drainage system is the second worst zone in the game though

13/10

Attached: 1550095294752.png (329x352, 53K)

I love how expressive their eyes are. So many little details to make them seem more lifelike. Webm related.

Attached: RWDaddy.webm (960x540, 1.12M)

kek, didn't see your post when I posted it Have an exercising slugkot

Attached: RWJumpRope.webm (500x281, 421K)

The top scav
>what are you guys pointing toAAAGHAGLGLLRRBGBBGBGG

Attached: 1538590613848.webm (500x281, 448K)

no, this is the less casual game i have ever played, it's just that it has a cute character

Attached: 1550684739390.gif (236x176, 2.69M)

I think you mean its the most comfy

Attached: DS_C01.png (1366x2290, 846K)

What the hell is that thing doing

The dance of its people

Cheerleading?

attracting a mate, it's horny

Attached: RWPoleDance.webm (500x281, 1.84M)

bump

Attached: RWJetFlip.webm (1000x563, 1.44M)

>practicing backflip into roll
>something hisses at me and lunges itself from the ceiling at me
>I pull off a backflip and dodge it by pure chance
>impale the fucker in the face in a panic input
Karma must be paying off. Also can I reach the shoreline via underhang? I was at the wall but I figured climbing it wouldn't take me east like some user recommended me to go and this underhang area looked horizontal enough to take me to the east

>he ate one of Moon's neurons

Every. Time.

Rain world wems/gifs are gold anons

Attached: 57ZDUMf.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Hell yeah. Flipping kills are always a great feeling to pull off

From the Underhang, depending how far you are in it, there's either heading to Chimney Canopy from the base of the Wall then down or heading east down the leg, west toward the Shaded Citadel culverts, up to Shaded Citadel proper, then east over the bridge.

Attached: RWPurpleFlip.webm (1000x563, 474K)

>Also can I reach the shoreline via underhang?
its a long ass journey to shoreline from underhang, going down chimney then through industrial > shaded is way faster

Attached: RWCentiSpoder.webm (700x394, 257K)

>someone makes a better version of your shitty edit

Attached: 1550633705999.jpg (986x720, 100K)

Attached: RWSpoder.webm (1000x563, 1.55M)

Attached: RWRedRun.webm (1024x576, 1.56M)

user, I hadn't drawn in 12 years, until I picked up GIMP and started practicing again on RW images. So don't be shy to post and try and try and try...

Attached: 1533300411980.png (2000x1430, 1.81M)

Got any more of these?
Or info on how to make them?

I would love to make wallpapers out of so many areas from this game.

Attached: 1548733645975.gif (263x140, 1.8M)

Jesus Christ anons. My slugcat has seen some shit I'll tell you. My first route was outskirts>drainage system>filtration>underground>the goddamn depths but I recognized I was at the wrong neighborhood with those metal dodos flailing around and found a way to teleport back to outskirts. This time I went to industrial complex and ended up in that god forsaken vulture shitfest. I headed to sky isle first but some user told me i should head east to a shoreline first so here I am

blackscreenrecords.com/products/rain-world-original-soundtrack-by-james-primate

Looks like this is the standard version. Not the limited glow in the dark vinyl.

Don't give up sluggo. You'll make it

Attached: RWNeverGiveUp.webm (900x506, 777K)

I tired to call a vulture strike on a hot pepper. It didn't work.

Attached: RWRedvsVulture.webm (800x450, 1.42M)

My playthru, the stubborn slugkot I am, went like this:
Outskirts-Farm Arrays-Subterranean-Filtration-Subterranean-Drainage-Garbage-Shaded-Shoreline-Shaded-Industrial-Canopy-Sky-FarmAGAIN-Outskirts-Industrial-Canopy-Wall-5P, then standard to the Depths. Total of 22 hours and a lot of walking in circles, before realizing key entrances and movements, But I'd give anything to play blind again, one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Attached: 1525767200555.png (225x225, 30K)

It isnt on sale on psn, is it worth $26? How many hours for the first playthrough.

My favourite general

It's a much larger game than the indie look suggests, if you're measuring based on hours you won't be disappointed.

Attached: RWSamsara.webm (1280x720, 916K)

I'm obsessed with it. I bought it on Steam last winter sale and I've already got this many hours into it. That said, it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea so ymmv. Does PSN do deals or discounts or refunds?

Attached: Steam_2019-02-23_01-31-53.png (257x126, 50K)

Do you use mods, or are these hours pure vanilla?

Attached: 1533660666471.png (1182x1086, 395K)

this game was underrated as fuck. i am glad it gets recognition it deserves since switch release.

Can pole plants eat anything? I chanced upon one of them gobbling up a fucking vulture like it was an appetizer.

Attached: 1548083195815.jpg (1200x864, 56K)

Mostly vanilla. I've got a few mods installed but disabled, but I only really use Anti-Snatch Spears, Carnivore, and Hunter Infinite Cycles mods. Spear rifle for when I get frustrated or bored, but I often forget I even have it installed to be honest

Attached: PartialityLauncher.Desktop_2019-02-23_02-04-58.png (500x718, 20K)

I think so, sometimes the critters are too strong for the plant so they'd break free. So sometimes they'll need just a little help

Attached: RWFuckVultures.webm (1000x563, 1.24M)

I think so, yea. I've seen them gobble up even King vultures, but some arena testing with DDLs and Raindeer is in order.
Is Omnithrow any good? SpearRifle?

Attached: 1547332165767.jpg (500x500, 41K)

There's a spot right in the entrance of Industrial-Outskirts you can use to farm Vulture Masks.

Attached: v in gaming.webm (1066x600, 2.42M)

>just give it
I would give a fucking elbow to the jaw. Fuck backseat gaymers

Attached: 1520665159551.png (838x554, 133K)

>Omnithrow
I had it installed but I never really was able to figure out how to use it. There's another mod that uses your mouse cursor to point and aim.

>SpearRifle
There're four different versions bound to your number keys on the top of your keyboard:
1) Rock
2) Spears
3) Explosive Spears
4) Spider Tranqs
Webm related

Attached: RWRifleMod.webm (800x450, 812K)

>slugcats discover the power of DAKKA
neat.
I'm waiting on the more Slugcats, because they're actually making an unnoficcial campaign with it. But most 'quality of life' mods I installed after clearing the base game on all difficulties. Hunter's countdown was kind of a bummer, since there so much new stuff you can't experience in one run, so after clearing it normally I'd advise anyone to dl the no cyles mods for the pepperslug.

I like how it also eats the baby lol (imagine saying that without context uff)

Notice the Overseer poppoing in to see this shit, and watch as the poor sluggo struggles in vain. ;_;7

Attached: 1547072131920.jpg (812x600, 172K)

guys...

Attached: sal0e4hsaz321.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

oh no
oh
oh oh no?

>lol
>uff
user...

Attached: 1542166292070.jpg (379x335, 86K)

wtf i love ninja now?

Attached: 1549415494041.png (692x422, 371K)

>bud light all stars
the fuck? Is this guy the media approved version of oldpewdiepie?

Attached: 1523951929422.jpg (112x112, 2K)