Can we have aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Serious...

Can we have aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Serious Sam thread?

Attached: 1510937748657.gif (1024x1024, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/app/257420/history/
youtube.com/watch?v=gJ7paV-nJNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there anything from Serious Sam 2 that is worth salvaging, be it concept, enemy or mechanic; Or is it universally agreed on as being irredeemable?

Post your
>favorite game
>favorite level
>favorite weapon
>favorite enemy
>hopes and dreams for Serious Sam 4

Attached: kleers.png (850x1100, 978K)

I personally liked it but I can understand why it gets all the hate.
The game can get more harder than the two first games at times, I liked the vehicles most of times, I've found the weapons fine and liked the variety of enemies and levels, even tho they were ridiculously inconsistent; and speaking of ridiculous I took the """story"""" of SS2 like a bad bootleg 3D cartoon DVD film in a chinese store, the only way to enjoy it is appreciating how stupidly shitty is.
I wonder what happened to that SS2 Reboot that got mentioned a while back. My guess is that it will come out after SS4.

And speaking of SS4, its steam store data got updated and apparently it gave us a hidden release date. steamdb.info/app/257420/history/

Attached: release.png (1256x266, 30K)

Why does no one care about this series?

It's kinda mediocre.

The level where you’re extremely tiny with that campy music
Laser gun and cannon hold an ever contested place in my heart
Football orcs
Serious Sam 4 just being fun

>favorite game
TFE if only because of the sheer amount of time I've spent replaying it
>favorite level
Kleer homeworld
>favorite weapon
Cannon, bowling is just too much fun
>favorite enemy
Headless Kamikaze, mainly because of the default pain grunt they let out if you nick one without killing it
>Hopes and dreams for SS4
A revival of the blondie running gag.

It gets kinda dull when every fan game is just a retelling of the first game or an arrangement of all the games instead of doing their own thing.

Attached: E0780C56-E5D9-4F2F-9279-E8DED51AF948.jpg (460x463, 52K)

Is anybody cares about Serious Sam in 2019?

Horde shooters is a niche genre and not very welcoming to new players, and it doesn't just apply to Serious Sam, see modern iterations of that genre like Killing Floor, L4D etc. That, along with the fact that it's an old title.

>Football orcs
I hate you and your orc's guts.

I think that's more of an announcement of additional info.

TFE
snow level in TSE
CANNON
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Being better than 3, actual interesting encounters where enemies just don't come from a single direction

No needs ta be a grot, mate.

Attached: 048D6F54-6388-4440-BBB3-38EE27F3AF7B.jpg (700x700, 93K)

no way it's coming out that soon

does anyone to english in current year'd?

>favorite game
First Encounter
>favorite level
youtube.com/watch?v=gJ7paV-nJNo
>favorite weapon
Everybody's going to say the cannon you know
>favorite enemy
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAre you serious?
I hope it's a fun and intense shooter that tickles my fancy :)

Attached: 1476785361922.png (500x453, 122K)

Yeah, I'm thinking that too considering that we didn't get any info since that pre-alpha footage. The last thing we heard from Croteam about Serious Sam 4 was that they were working on that 100000 enemies on screen they want to pull off, somehow. I believe in their croatian technomagics.

TFE and TSE are among my favorite games, but they also have the worst fucking enemy that was ever put into any game.
Like how can you possibly make one guy so fucking annoying to fight aughh

Attached: 1198374-kleerskeleton.gif (234x292, 15K)

Serious reminder that if you don't play these games on solo coin-op serious difficulty you're not serious at all

get serious

Attached: 1543351075416.jpg (1078x1348, 198K)

To me SS2 is like Doom 3

Most fans treat it as bad and while I understand both were a departure from the style of preceding games, I still like them both

Attached: 1541474859518.png (167x213, 76K)

It's worse when they get paired with these horrors.

Attached: Marsh_Hopper_SS1.png (192x208, 63K)

I enjoyed playing BFE when it was free on PS+ but fuck level 5. I couldn't get past the hordes.

aaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Your self!

That’s what Bomberman would look like outsourced to a western dev.

Who would win in a screaming contest

Headless Kamakaze
Vs
/biz/jak after his portfolio gets reduced to dust

Would you ever consider working for Mental, Yea Forums?

Attached: Brett Sanderson.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

I used to be all about the Serious Sam games. The locations that the levels are set in, the enemy variety, the guns, the music, the fact that there are no hitscan enemies (except in 3) so if you're good enough you can dodge everything...all of that shit is my jam. But the more I replayed them I realized that theyre just mediocre games. Not bad games, but just...meh. Walk into area, tons of enemies spawn, circle strafe until they're all dead, repeat ad infinitum. It gets old real fast. I'm not sure I'm even looking forward to Serious Sam 4. I might pirate it if they don't put some gay shit in there to punish pirates like they did with 3, however amusing that may have been.

>the fact that there are no hitscan enemies (except in 3)

if you say so, friend :)

You're right, I forgot about the scorpions. It's been awhile since I've played a Serious Sam game. But they give you plenty of warning before they start firing so you can break line of sight, so they aren't really the kind of hitscan enemy I was thinking of.

>favorite game
tse or tfe
>favorite level
suburbs from tfe, loved the guitar riff on that
>favorite weapon
cannon is overrated, laser or knife 4 life
>favorite enemy
that big-ass green fireball guy
that it's more like first two. they had the perfect balance of goofiness and seriousness. 2 was too goofy, 3 was too serious (though still enjoyable)

I wouldn't call SS mediocre. It's an horde shooter, it follows the simpliest formula any fps would have. You enter an area, you get ambushed, you kill them all, you replenish and go to the next area, rinse and repeat.
The main attraction of this genre if how challenging it can get, as every enemy has its own strategy while you have to deal with multiple types of them on different directions, sometimes from every angle and most of times in great numbers. Is almost, if not completely, an arcade game. The monotony you are mentioning happens to every single player game, you just grew up from it. Happened to me recently on my practically yearly Half-Life franchise marathon, when I noticed that I was beating every section automatically, it was pure intuition at that point.