Redpill me on this. is it better than V now? how's the AI? also civilization thread i guess

redpill me on this. is it better than V now? how's the AI? also civilization thread i guess.

Attached: CivilizationVI_keyart_horizontal_thm.jpg (960x540, 216K)

Its fun

It's my first Civ game
It's fun

I dunno, I downloaded the new expansion and everything but haven't played yet.

It's better than IV now, all it's new features eclipse everything that IV did, even outdoes iv in many ways like adding in a new age to the tech trees.

>40$ for an expansion
yikes

You speak the truth

Is it better than Brave New World?

its preference really
most people that i know who started with 4 or 5 say no
most people that i know who started 1 2 or 3 say yes

>new civs
>new city states
>new leaders
>wold congress votes
>now have to achieve objectives to achieve diplomatic victory instead of just win a vote
>far more options to vote on things for world congress
>new buildings
>new units
>new techs/civics and an entire new age for tech/civics trees
>greivances system allows you to retaliate and not be seen as a warmonger
>climate change
Actually this is handled poorly, if they were at all smart and it wasn't entirely politically motivated the system would allow players to make things go both ways and allow the world to naturally move towards an ice age or allow players to make that change themselves
>can finally queue units/buildings and can queue multiple locations at once
>natural disasters
>power is back and even better
>can build dams canals and bridges

It's better than Civ V and Civ IV at this point.

I wish sea levels rising were more impactful, but I guess it would fuck over coastal cities too much.

Same, but there's a way to negate rising sea levels already, so they should have just allowed it to flood more inland.

Am I the only one confused as to why Fractal maps are the only ones that generate believable worlds?

Its better in many ways but worse in some. Loyalty is retarded so I modded it out. The world congress has been trivialized so the effects are really limited and you don't get to choose which ones come up.

40 is standard now and you're going to see all publishers adopt it.

I've been trying that Detailed Worlds map mod, and It's been giving me some pretty cool and believable maps with Continent & Pangea.

Attached: 20190220205811_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.21M)

its worse
while Civ 5 had at least an ok political system and win condition Civ 6 is more streamlined for plebs and most of the time you go for domination/space escape
AI is somehow even worse, I dont know how Firaxis managed this

most of the (mostly female) leaders I dont even know. they did some minor shit in history yet they were chosen over real historc figures that happens to have a benis

Attached: 1257861564.jpg (795x497, 79K)

>detailed world maps mod
Haven't tried it, I pirated Civ VI and it's expansions.

>Civ 6 is more streamlined for plebs
>implying
civ 5 is literally the most basic and streamlined game in the series
>inb4 vox populi
yes, even with it

Does anyone else keep getting 2 Eleanor of Aquitane's, you'd think they'd at least make sure that random doesn't give you the same leader 2x, this shit is retarded.

I feel the opposite. It takes for fucking every to get the votes to get diplomatic in VI right now. In V I could win Diplomatic on any civ with ease by just throwing money at city states and nothing more.

Yes but only with both the expansions. Gathering Storm is actually pretty fucking good.

Its because there is a Eleanor of Aquitane with France as the country and one with England as the country. Why the fuck they chose to have two civs with the same person i dont know

So that one leaker said we're getting a third expansion, right? Who do you want to see?
Cause so far, the only civs we're missing from the previous games
>Portugal
>Byzantine
>Mayans
>Ethiopians
>Austria
>Denmark
>Siam
>Iroquois
>Babylon
>Morocco
>Assyria
>Venice
>Shoshone
>Songhai
>Huns
>Hittities
>Sioux
>would've said Carthage, but I guess Phoenicia covers them too now
>HRE is covered by Germany
>Celts, but IMO, Gaul would be a better pick
>Polynesia is kinda covered by Maori
Unironically, I'd be happy with an expansion of all veteran civs

>>Portugal
>>Byzantine
>>Mayans
im pretty sure he said them amongst a few other long standing civs and a north american native civ as the civs in it

I'd really like to see Denmark being added.
They can even fill in their female leader quota with Magrethe 1.

I get that, and I'm fine with having someone lead 2 countries, even though it's stupid, but you'd think they'd at least have the decency to stop this from happening without the player asking for it explicitly, there's an option to stop duplicate civs, but there isn't an option to stop the same leader appearing 2x, even though the game constantly refers to that leader by name, fucking retarded as fuck.

I'd like to see New Zealand represented with Jacinda Ardern, and the US get a second leader Barrack Obam.

IIRC he mentioned Ethiopia too. Sounds pretty likely, they've been around since 4.

>better than V
I like to think so. They gave up 4 city meta for infinite city sprawl, meaning the game doesn't arbitrarily punish you for having more than 4 cities meaning there is no reason not to get a shitload of cities as soon as possible making warfare mandatory.
>Hows the AI
Pretty retarded. A barbarian camp is like 5 times more dangerous than an enemy city on diety. I've never had problems in combat other than the odd early submarine giving me grief. On the harder difficulties the AI will rush past their science and culture trees while their production fails to keep up meaning the AI will have very tough units, but only like 1 or 2 of them for your outdated units to chew to bits.

Attached: 20180209214702_1.jpg (1920x1080, 907K)

>natural disasters
>they all benefit you
who would have known constant volcanic eruptions and flooding would be the greatest benefit to mankind

Attached: DSP tries construction.jpg (612x612, 76K)

Isn't there something about volcanic soil being great for farming, I can't remember.

>set disasters to 4
>play egypt
>have a shitton of flood plains
>rush great bath
>mfw every single time there's a flood

Attached: 1528172061957.jpg (1448x1080, 274K)

>most of the (mostly female) leaders I dont even know. they did some minor shit in history yet they were chosen over real historc figures that happens to have a benis
The way they're doing it (and have been since V) is that the first time they have a civ in their series they take their "biggest" leader (see: Matthias Corvinus, Poundmaker), but after that they go for lesser-known ones (see: Catherine de Medici, Hojo Tokimune). It's not a bad system, imo.

Attached: collage.png (1947x844, 1.56M)

an understatement.

Attached: the magma must flow.png (1920x1080, 3.93M)

Civ III is best

I feel like it's a good idea on paper, but if they want to go for lesser known/unused in the series so far leaders, a few of the picks could've been better. Like, Leonidas would've been better if you wanted a Spartan leader to balance it out with Pericles as Athenian. Catherine I actually think is an interesting choice, but IMO France should've had an alternate leader for someone we haven't used yet. France has a lot of neat leaders to pick from.

In real life? Yeah, it's one of the reasons you find so many settlements next to volcanoes.

You're right, I'd argue Gorgo is the only really bad choice in this game simply because Leonidas hasn't ever been in either, and he obviously should've gotten the spot over her. Catherine de Medici is kind of cool because she has an interesting (and fucking evil) history behind her. Also yes, we'd probably have a lot less complaining about this if they'd actually properly followed through with the alternate leaders. So far we have.... three whole alternates. Come on.

I would really like to see Henri IV as the leader of France, and then add some religious flaire to him.

anyone here plays online?

>play Eleanor
>gain free cities from loyalty by doing absolutely nothing
why are the new civs so broken

>plays online
Why, the game desyncs after a few turns, online play is almost impossible.