What went so right?

What went so right?

Attached: Punch-Out!!.jpg (266x373, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8DFOwKPA__Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Wii's motion controls where pretty much made for the Wii Sports compilation and Punch out adds on to it using the same basic foundation, plus the stereotypes of 'everyone gets shit', is pretty refreshing

I think the best thing about the game was that you didn't have to use motion controls. They're trash in every game.

Didn't you? I've only ever seen gameplay of this, I thought it was just for the motion controls

this game could actually not be made these days

>ultra precise dodge windows
>using motion controls

Are you the guy who beat dark souls with a guitar hero controller?

Nope. Wiimote sideways while using the Dpad was how I played

No d-pad was dodge and 1 and 2 were left and right hook

They are not that strict.

Huh, neat, i'll have to pick it up

We need a sequel urgently, but with today climate we will never get a good one

Its fun on your first playthrough just get ready to get autistically good on later playthroughs

The original game had narrow dodge windows. Wii didn't.
It also didn't have Mike Tyson but I mean sure if you don't want to beat a boss that was supposed to be unbeatable then power to you! Go wear your frilly tu-tu and have a tea party with your teddy bear, I'm not judging you!

Try pato box

Attached: 601fb1b0fdaceed32407249d6533dc98_original.png (700x394, 102K)

Original Punch Out wasn't that much harder.

*ahem*
fuck TD soda popinski and bald bull

Dude just watch out for that left hook and charge, lmao.

>Mike Tyson
>supposedly unbeatable
>Dan from gamegrumps was able to beat him, but couldn't get through PO Wii
Nes Punch Out is casual trash.

also the dev team grew up playing Punch-Out!! on NES and loved it, which is why they asked to take on the project

I feel the sequel should follow another boxer, under an older Doc. Retired Mac should show up as some kind of secret boss, if only to show he's still got it. Either that or have Mac be the trainer for the new MC, but I'd be sad to see Doc go.

Attached: heres ur remake bro.jpg (750x563, 55K)

I didn't say supposedly. I said supposed to be. As in Mike Tyson wanted his character to be unbeatable. And this has been confirmed time and time again

>retired old mac becomes the new coach ala rocky
My god that would be absolutely kino.

It should be a prequel where you play as young Doc.

I really don't want this franchise to be dead

Me too user, but sometimes you just have to say goodbye, at least we still have stuff like Pato Box

It's been 10 years man, you can't make a game like this without controversy sadly.

>Punch-Out!! and F-Zero are my two favorite Nintendo franchises
born to suffer

Attached: 1363886378861.jpg (582x329, 20K)

Real-talk. Who should be in the line-up for a sequel? Hard mode: Don't just repeat the whole Wii roster.
>Dragon Chan
>Bob Charlie
>Mad Clown
>Masked Muscle
>Narcis Prince
>Piston Hurricane
>Texas Mac
>some kind of South African boxer, maybe who uses a zulu shield as a gimmick
>a Scottish boxer who's one big walking Braveheart/Scotsman joke, who goes ballistic if he's on the ropes
>an Inuit boxer, who chucks snowballs as a last resort
>a Brazilian boxer who jumps around, basing his movements to the rhythm of his theme

Reminder that peach was originally going to be a secret opponent.

this game couldn't have come at a perfect time.
this is how a remake should be done.
this game almost makes feel something other than contempt for leafs.

Next Level Games is fucking amazing at giving characters personality; this, Mario Strikers and Luigi's Mansion 2 all ooze with it.

That old hack gook Miyamoto had almost nothing to do with it.

That was always so weird to me. Why wasn't DK the first choice? Who gets hyped up to fight Peach of all characters? Mario, I'd get, Luigi, sure, but Peach just seems like a dumb pick.

RELEASE THE

Attached: Super_Macho_Man_2.png (396x512, 97K)

BOGUS

The only reason she wasn't included was because they were afraid of how beating up Peach would look to people who don't play video games

ms. bear
easy first female fighter

Attached: 1456002730200.jpg (592x800, 265K)

>that rush of adrenaline as i fought mr sandman for the umpteenth time with motion controls and finally knocked his ass out
great game

The national stereotypes aren't any worse than Street Fighter and include the devs home country of Japan

Its like blazing saddles if everyone is made fun of then Its not racist

Has anyone played this game with the wii balance board? Does it basically involve stepping on the left/right part of the board to dodge left and right?

You didn't even dodge with motion controls, you did so with the nunchuck analog stick. The extent of motion controls was swinging the wiimote and nunchuck for left and right hook punches. You didn't even make a separate motion for hooks, just holding up on the nunchuck while you swung. I preferred to play with the wiimote like an NES controller but I did beat it using motion controls as well and it played just as well, probably just owing itself to the simplicity of it.

It's got a great ending too
youtube.com/watch?v=8DFOwKPA__Q
I wish more Nintendo franchises got revivals like this, just so we could have one last ride before it all ends.

To be fair, Peach would've been a lame hidden boss. DK was a much better choice for a secret battle.

I’m certain that there are some people who’d complain, but I felt like they were able to pull off the stereotypes in a way that felt more affectionate rather than insulting. It’s like how Mexicans love Speedy Gonzales.