The greatest debate of our time

The greatest debate of our time.

Attached: fo.jpg (1200x600, 254K)

Fallout 2 had too much cult humor references and the enclave were lame in comparison to the master
Also nothing comes close to the masterpiece that is Dane. Nothing has. And nothing ever will.
Dane spits on the Fallout 2 cultural references

Attached: Fo1_Dane.png (240x180, 37K)

1 has the more interesting main quest. And for better or worse 1 had very little content that was not part of the main quest, so...
But just about everything else is better in 2.

fallout 2 is a straight improvement in literally every possible way

only contrarian redditors who barely played it talk about muh references

THEY'RE PINKY AND THE BRAIN
PINKY AND THE BRAIN
ONE IS MAJOR PLOTPOINT
AND IT'S FUCKING INANE

Meme shit vs a mature story with tight gameplay.

Truly it's one of life's greatest questions.

"Let's have the exact item progression from F1 but we'll make it 4x slower and throw in some wacky shit for good measure"

>And for better or worse 1 had very little content that was not part of the main quest,

Most of F1's content was optional. Only Necro, the base, and the Cathedral were mandatory.

1 is consistently good all the way through, it's got way less content but it's a better designed complete package

More games should have this ethos.

It's pretty much the same situation as with Gothic.

There are two games that are extremely similar to the point of people not being able to tell them apart on certain screenshots.
One is sort of a test drive for the engine and all the major mechanics, light on content, a certain vertical slice, a proof of concept and the other is a straight improvement, the typical "same but more and better" case. The second one, obviously, ends up significantly more popular which spawns hordes of contrarians.
These contrarians keep reiterating the same braindead muh atmosphere argument while ignoring everything else that the second game does better which is literally everything else.

It's honestly surreal how similar these two situations are.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

One had less content but the final run up to the master and the confrontation is some of the most kino shit in any game I've ever played.

Attached: a7715691956a931a37c52984bf54c092.png (408x397, 10K)

Just because it's not mandatory doesn't mean it's not part of the main quest.

The only thing I would add then is Shady Sands and Vault 2.

Shit like Killian has no relevance to the plot and gives you no information towards it.

>not detonating the bomb and leaving without meeting the master

mfw

>everything else that the second game does better which is literally everything else.

Name one (1) thing.

Also

>temple of trials

NV > 1 > 2

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

>THE PARTS OF THE GAME YOU DON'T DO DURING THE SPEEDRUN AREN'T PART OF THE GAME
zoom zoom

it's a bit too new for Yea Forumseddit

try in 10 years, it'll be the most common opinion here

>obshittian writing
>bethshit programming
You'd have to be absolutely fucking retarded to EVER play """""""""""fallout""""""""" new vegas

1 is more fun to replay, short but sweet.
the final level of 2 is some bullshit

Why the fuck is it so hard to run an Unarmed build in FO1? There’s not enough energy cells for the power fist.

Fallout 2 had better min/maxing and builds than one did.

It’s the swan song of good Fallout.

Attached: EC4D6134-76B0-4E88-B21F-343D5D3979A9.jpg (550x633, 40K)

Hi Todd

Are you seriously retarded? You're drown in them.

Just go to the gun runners if you're really that bad.

are you unloading guns? I thought it was easy as fuck but had to aggro strategically at the military base

>Temple of trials
Git gud

It's shit game design regardless.

FO1 beginning: here's a gun, go explore this vault

FO2 beginning: ugg ugg, fight plants

FO1 ain’t hard numbnuts, and they never restock ECs.

What's wrong with the Temple? Sure it's a little boring and drags out a little too long, but it's not so bad that it should be worth mentioning.

There is no debate.

Attached: 1542036848233.png (1110x845, 620K)

The temples isn’t hard, it’s fucking tedious.

Postin the good chart instead of your gay shit.

Attached: CAB2AE3D-0F37-4D3A-B28B-009B28E23D78.jpg (711x960, 290K)

>FO1 ain’t hard numbnuts

I know, how did you manage to run out? I remember ending the game with literally hundreds of cells spare, multiple times.

This. Certain special stats like ch were just straight up useless in fallout 1, in fo2 it affected your party size. I forgot what the useless skills were in fallout 2 im pretty sure its the same as fallout 1 since gifted is just too good and tagging small guns speech and lockpicking was all you needed

>What's wrong with the Temple?
>it's a little boring and drags out a little too long

Respawning deathclaws for exp.

>76 and BoS better than 3 and 4
how can anyone have this opinion?

Attached: 1518776489259.jpg (500x500, 61K)

> grinding in FO1 ever

You can wipe out everything easily by level 11.

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Sure, but it's nowhere near the worst offender when it comes to rpg starting areas. Yet I always see it mentioned as if it was some crime against humanity.

I’ve never gotten all the way, gonna do it for the time.

It treats the player like a retard and makes absolutely no sense in context. They live in mud huts and can barely speak English, but can build a giant fucking temple? And they run stupid fucking trials in it instead of live in it? There are more problems but I don't need them, these two are enough. It's just one massive problem with the beginning of Fallout 2 among many.

>temple of trials
you can literally complete it in like 3 mins on your first play through just watch a vid of it on youtube or git gud, you run straight, inspect a pot, plant c4, run away, talk to guy at front and you done

It's a shitty tutorial where 3/4 of skills that you can choose are useless, it cannot be skipped and most importantly if you don't waste your time there then you won't get a good portion of exp to level up before leaving Arroyo, and it wasn't even intended to be in the game, being forced in by the publisher.

It's a crime because it's a massive fucking backwards step from F1. You expect to continue with the amazing gameplay that the first one had and instead are given a spear and forced to slowly work your way through this massively tedious dungeon for no payoff. It's not like you can use a variety of skills to play it you way. Either you waste the guy at the end of talk to him. Maybe you can run past him too but it's limited as fuck. Plus adding poisonous enemies at the start was retarded.

> If you use a guide that tells you exactly what to do, it's not hard

To be this retarded

Companions are handled better in 2 and you're able to give them instructions and push them out of your way if they're blocking an hallway.
Energy weapons and big guns are (slightly) more viable than in 1, and in general the support for different builds is way better.
A lot more variety in the enemy types and locations you can visit, the scope is generally bigger and most hubs generally have more things to do.

I do love 1, mostly for its main quest and the deliberate way it speeds you towards your goal at a brisk pace, but 2 is the better game and the one to actually lose yourself in exploring it.

And in the modern context, people will probably play F2 first if they hear it's the better one and will just get pissed off at how shit it is.

I hope your retardation does not cause you too much trouble, it seems really bad.

Energy weapons were OP already. They made the turbo plasma rifle worse too. The only build that was useless in F1 was throwing and it's useless in F2 too.

I'll give you the point about companions being better though it's extremely minor.

Laser weapons are absolutely cucked though, you get them in mid game, but at the same time you either face human opponents wearing armor with good anti-laser protection ( metal/combat ), or it's some bullshit wildlife with retarded level of protection against lasers.

I prefer 2, it does overdo it with the pop culture references and the main quest is worse, but in every other way I prefer it. There's more to do and it's generally of higher quality than the side content in Fallout 1, and there's nothing like the guy selling human meat where there's only one way to resolve the situation because they didn't finish the quest. If I had only done the main quest in each game I would probably prefer 1, but taking each game for all it is I had a better time with 2. I also really like how 2 builds upon what was established in 1 and how there are groups that have progressed so far beyond the junkertowns and the like that you're used to seeing at that point.

Fallout 2 barely improves on anything from 1. The trait, perk, skill and weapon balance is still just as bad as the first game and the story and characters are worse. How exactly does it improve over the first game? Having more content doesn't mean it's better.

>Having more content doesn't mean it's better.

This is why shitty loot-games are so popular. People do nothing but complain about Destiny 1 and 2 but then sink 300 hours into each. The same will happen to anthem.

Click to walk. Boom, instant +2 to the review score. I swear movement in Fallout 1 must have been focus group'd to be as annoying as humanly possibly.

>to use a guide
thats only if you want to get it over and done with in 3 mins, with literal trial and error + common sense most it will take is 10 minutes

>massively tedious dungeon for no payoff
what? its like half the size of one block from the hub, you literally just run, grab a key and talk to a guy. its tiny and you sound like a baby

The worst part of fallout 2 is how people that experience the best of pre war technology and were raised and educated in a vault turn into a stone age pagan society in 1 generation

Next time you fancy a replay of 1, do get Fallout fixt, it actually fixes the meat quest and allows you get good endings for the Boneyard and Hub

1>>>>>>>2 was crap where you play some dindu WE WUZ TRIBEZ N SHEIT.

Attached: fallout2HR_2018_12_20_16_52_54_845.jpg (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Attached: fallout2HR_2018_12_20_18_38_03_693.jpg (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Based last option