I was really enjoying the game until he showed up

I was really enjoying the game until he showed up.

It feels like there's no risk of him killing me, because I'm faster than him even when hobbling at low health, and he's easy to kite. When he shows up, it's not frightening. He's just acting as a pointless, threat-free wall to navigate around. If I'm heading towards an objective and I hear those footsteps, welp. Guess I can't go there yet. His presence has made the game tiresome.

I love basically everything else about this game but his existence is such a profound negative mark against it that I've dropped it for now. I've never seen anything other than praise for the Mr X mechanic. Am I missing something? Has anyone else felt this way?

Attached: DflKAVAX0AEUHX8.jpg (406x363, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

resetera.com/threads/mr-x-has-ruined-resi-2-remake-for-me.101257/page-2#post-18185153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I barely encounter him while he roams the RPD. I dunno why you have so many problems. Just don't shoot if it's not necessary, he'll hear it.

git fucking gud.

You don't even have to bother with him for more than short periods of time since he ALWAYS shows up after putting out the helicopter, activating the jail cell, turning on the herbicide, and walking past the S.T.A.R.S office in scenario B

If you do everything you need to before hand and prepare you barely even see him.

He may as well be a glorified Licker that's much easier to dodge.

The resident evil fandom is comprised of people born in late 80s, early 90s who played the original games when they were little children so they could brag to their friends in elementary school that they were playing "scary" games
REMake2 replicates this experience for them so they like it, and they brag in here of how brave they are for playing such a "scary" game where Mr. X chases you, they don't actually give a fuck about videogames, REMake2 is actually pretty boring considering enemies that aren't Mr.X and regular zombies are a rarely seen novelty so once you've been in one dark room with a few zombies and escaped Mr. X a few times you've already witnessed 90% of the game, especially considering the four campaigns are nigh-identical save for navigating the RPD slightly differently (but as soon as you reach the sewers it becomes the exact same game again four times)
But it is ohhh so scary I hear footsteps jesus christ LMAO whoever doesen't like this game is just TOO SCARED of BASED Mr. X so it panders to the fanbase perfectly and we'll see another million games with this same exact formula in the future

post stats

>I've dropped it for now.

Attached: 1549285080572.jpg (1015x676, 63K)

Brainlet. Mr X isn't the threat by himself. He's a relentless force that demands you fucking move while navigating an environment full of other threats that demand you take your time.

Yikes

Attached: shrekcricom.png (613x531, 538K)

He also spawns early in Scenario B if you check the laptop in the main hall and you'll see him on the security camera.

literally not helping, I have zero ammo and I need to get down from the clock tower but there are lickers and this fedora wielding incel wont leave me the fuck alone, what do I do

>this

I have a friend who spouts the same dumb shit. He dropped the game when Mr.X showed up and styled on him, he then sperged out and destroyed his controller.
He's playing Anthem now.

Attached: 1411127545642.gif (235x150, 1.76M)

>zero ammo

You fucked up. Especially if you've been trying to shoot at X the whole time. Start over and do it better this time.
I had to start over from my first playthrough because I fucked myself over when I made it to the sewers.

> but there are lickers
If you've already done the clock tower "puzzle" you shouldn't be encountering anymore lickers as you should be heading across the hall on the third floor to unlock the door that leads back to the area with the balcony. There are no lickers that spawn there. At most there will be two zombies in the storage room, and about 5 in the hallway that leads back to the parking lot if you're playing as Leon.

You can run across the top floor, beeline through the storage room that you unlock, and grab the ammo and flashbangs in the lockers if you haven't already.

>clock tower

Wait for him to patrol other side of the building? Don't break into a run when you hear him stomping nearby? Walk by lickers like a boss? Don't be so fucking shit with ammo and learn to aim? Kneecap zombies and knife them to death on the floor instead of pumping rounds into their face? Board up windows in the long hallways as soon as you can? So hard!

Mr X is free roaming during fucking a portion of the game that should amount to traveling from one side of the building to the other and back. Jesus christ.

Attached: 1545073302431.jpg (237x304, 63K)

If you have something to do in one side of the station, you lead Mr.X to the opposite side and lose him there so you can go do what you need to do in peace. Also it seems that he reacts to sound so don't run around like sperg all the time unless he's seen you and coming to rip you a new asshole.

I decided to leave saving my S+ run for when I reached Iron's office only to die to the lickers right after said decision.

Attached: 1515336954297.jpg (420x462, 63K)

Attached: 1525898348664.gif (500x275, 365K)

You're braver man than I.
I saved after G1, G2 and G3.

This is a trannyera post by the way

resetera.com/threads/mr-x-has-ruined-resi-2-remake-for-me.101257/page-2#post-18185153

That really doesn't add much tension or difficulty though. By the time you spawn him, you know the layout of the place. And you're likely just gonna juke him in the same 2 hallways over and over.

I think he would have worked better if he was less tethered to you, but more aggressive once he found you. Then he'd be a suspenseful threat rather than a near-constant annoyance.

The best save points by far, at least for the first run. They're about a 1/3rd of the way through each respectively.

They should just add in an option to get rid of Mr. X outside of key story events and up the number of normal enemies.

>he's too easy and boring
>"git gud"
do you have any self awareness?
t. guy who loves mr. X and REmake 2, I just understand why someone wouldn't

Attached: from above.webm (848x940, 2.98M)

The whole game is a fucking cakewalk, I just suck ass at dodging G3 and Tyrant. I only need 2 saves on my S+ run - before G3 and before Tyrant. My first save will be somewhere in the sewers, usually when I get there or before G2.

He doesnt actually spawn there. He doesnt spawn until you go to the STARS office with the detonator or you grab the battery in there

>zero ammo
wtf were you doing faggot? shooting everything you see?

wtf you can be eaten by 3 zombies at once?

Why is this hot to me? What is happening...

Dunno, I thought the zombie death anims in the original game were hot too and I was only like 10 years old.
It's weird shit. At least I think vore is disgusting

That does sound like me.

Well at least it's diverse.

Attached: Lord Buckethead.png (730x488, 386K)

you genuinely barely even have to deal with him. i thought the same thing until i played through the game, i've beaten it like a dozen times now and i forget mr. x is even in it sometimes because i'm in and out of the police station so fast.

you only need to do a few more things in the RPD by the time he shows up and then that's basically it. geez.

>did Hardcore S+ once as Leon and it was an unfun fucking travesty
>try as Claire but kept getting chomped by the first zombie every attempt, kill my mood and putting off the attempt by another few days
>today finally get all the way to Birkin 2
>he grabs me just as the container comes around for the second time; I die
>I didn't save
The game is now on the shelf. There's no reason for me to even play anymore. I hate 4th Survivor and the other shitty trial game modes, and the infinite weapons are fun for one playthrough. Just a couple more weeks and then I can get disappointed by DMC5.

Attached: 1473924412002.jpg (446x466, 68K)

Oh, absolutely. All my Standard clear were over 2 hours, so I was wondering how the fuck I was supposed to do less than that on hardcore, but it was easier than I was expecting when I did it myself. My major problems are dealing with zombies at the start and when I fuck simple things up, which in this case got me killed.

I liked how he was implemented. Forced you to plan your routes carefully lest you get stuck between him and a few lickers. It's also possible to hide from him.

i have no idea how you don't have any ammo.
literally just be quiet, don't sprint into doors and shit like that. if you're getting second part from the clock tower you don't have to go past anything dangerous, it's a calm stroll down to the parking garage.
and this is unrelated, but since you somehow have no ammo i think it's gonna be helpful advice: if you're playing as leon, no matter what else you do, be sure to save at least 2 flashbangs for the end of the game. or you're probably gonna be mad.

It’s amazing how many people bitch about him when he’s only in the game for like 40 minutes.

Also flashbangs make it easy to get past him.

Learn 2 route. That’s what the game is all about. And don’t fucking shoot.

He’s not in the station when you can revisit during the sewers, so if you forget an item you can just get it then.

And please, PLEASE ask Leon to make my sister an honest woman.

Attached: 31933EB5-08DA-4AFD-A76C-EF9B2E5497EF.png (685x500, 247K)

No way, fag

Your only real complaint is that the game is short.

yes, I've noticed a few repeated OPs from that place here over a couple of days, don't what OP is trying to achieve aside from being a faggot.

>save at least 2 flashbangs for the end of the game
Not that user but why, I've beaten both A and B scenarios and the only time near the end of the game that I felt like I needed a flashbang was the two lickers in the lab and I only used one flashbang there

because if that specific user is retarded enough to have no ammo in the RPD, then i'm assuming he's either shit at the game as a whole or just simply a terrible shot.

so, when it comes down to super tyrant's insta-kill attacks i have a feeling that without any flashbangs he'd probably have a really bad time.

>spoiler
Huh, didn't know that could even happen, I was always swimming in magnum ammo at that point and he never even touched me

>whining about the coolest enemy in the game

Boy I can't wait to hear the temper tantrum you're gonna throw when Nemesis makes you eat fucking rockets and sprinting donkey punches

Attached: 1547889654519.jpg (450x489, 70K)

Do you visit resetera?

If he's so easy and boring, why is OP rage quitting because of his existence?

If OP was gud in the first place, he wouldn't be bitching about how Mr X is keeping him from finishing the game.

>feels like he isn't a threat
>git gud

Attached: hmmm.jpg (766x630, 73K)

so basically turn him into nemesis from re3?

I haven't encountered him yet but don't really understand what he does. Does he eventually go away if you hide in one of the safe rooms long enough and then randomly appears now and then? Maybe I'm just a wimp but I'm fucking terrified of being chased, I hated the chainsaw guy in TEW and will likely loathe Mr. X as well....

>feels like he isn't a threat

>f I'm heading towards an objective and I hear those footsteps, welp. Guess I can't go there yet.
>his existence is such a profound negative mark against it that I've dropped it for now.

According to OP's own words the presence of Mr X does threaten him.

No faggot he literally searches the entire police station nonstop for you. Making noise helps him find you faster, but he never "goes away".

And its fucking great.

If you huddle in a save room he'll walk around the hallway outside. Just wait for the footsteps to get quieter and then walk out. As long as he's not right in front of you he won't autonatically aggro unless you run or shoot.

yeah. he takes a stance and starts charging the attack, and leon gives a vocal cue to let the player know. it's also what the chunks of cement that fall into the arena are for. if you find yourself fucked on ammo/flashbangs, then you can bait the attack into those and they'll absorb it.

i stopped grabbing the magnum altogether in my leon runs since you don't really need it and it takes a lot of time, but it definitely makes that encounter a bit more of a challenge if you're not prepared.

X gon give it to ya

Attached: 20190221140526_1.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

I don't think so. Best first save point is right before triggering Mr. X because he can get you in tricky situations you're not prepared for. G1 and the area right after him doesn't really pose a threat.

The only time tyrant scared me was when he jumped through a wall outside the interogation room. Aside from that, it just gets annoying dealing with him because suddenly there are lickers everywhere and he sometimes spawns into the next room coming in forcing me to run and get attacked by a licker. On the B run first floor west wing, the entire hall is infested with two lickers and several zombies while the window boards aren't up. Even without tyrant chasing you, that hall is a bitch to deal with. I also hate timed boss fights e.g. the super tyrant final fight on the funicular.

>oy vey, goyim, run around wasting time until a scripted event happens and then one-hit kill the monster, thanks for the 60 shekels

he's always roaming. shooting, sprinting into doors and other loud shit will clue him in to your general location.

I need to see this with Sherry instead of Claire.

>searches nonstop
>never goes away

Attached: serveimage(8).jpg (184x275, 12K)

The only things in the entire A playthrough you need to do while Mr. X is a free roaming threat are grab the library tool, and then use the library tool to get into the clocktower, then leave the building the same way you got back in. Anybody who is so frustrated by his presence that they'd complain about it or even drop the game has no leg to stand on suggesting that it's just a tedious annoyance and that it isn't actually challenging them at all. It takes minutes to do what you have to do, and his AI is very manipulable.

>finished every route on S+
>finished 4th survivor and tofu survivor with every character
>got the platinum medal on RE.net
>got every non-DLC achievement
>finished every ghost survivor story including the alternative route in No Time to Mourn
>got every achievment in No Time to Mourn, Runaway and Forgotten Soldier
>still have to finish No Way Out

Fuck Yea Forums, I just can't do it. Nothing else in this game was that hard for me. Best I could do was 90 kills and I just can't bring myself to try anymore. It's too stressful and I'm not having any fun.

Attached: im fine.jpg (480x600, 61K)

Are you playing standard or hardcore?

Why does Mr. X have ripples in a circular pattern around his face? He doesn't have wrinkles like an old man, he's got ripples like his face stopped a canon ball.

All that fucking cryig, holy shit. He's barely a presence anyway. On A route he isn't even present for 20% of the game, and it's even less in B route.
And he makes for some nice "wtf moments" as he can be a sneaky bastard.

A profound negative mark doesn't mean threat, and neither does not being able to go somewhere because of him. That makes him an obstacle, not a theat. You can't kill him.

Why didn't you save? Did you want to use three saves for NEST?

AH FUCK!!! CLAIRE RUN!!!!
HE IS GONNA RUIN EVERY HOLE!!!

You can bait him out of the area you need to go through, you can blind him with a flash grenade and run by him, you can down him with a powerful shot for an extended period of time and run by him. If it isn't a narrow hallway, you can get around him without using any items at all.

There are very few places Mr. X can block that don't have alternate paths leading to them.

>playing the crap out of re2 on my free time
>decide to check twitch to see how others are enjoying it
>some guys really like it but aren't good
>a few guys are really good at it without being cringey speedrunning trannies
>check out some random girl
>"omg omg omg guys, what do i do?!"
>*shoots at x 10 times in the face, misses 7
>"omg omg omg like wtf how many bullets does it take?!"
>chat tells her he can't die, don't waste bullets, just run
>she reads it out and ignores all the warning, mag dumps everything
>x drops to one knee regenerating, dumb cunt stops without pausing and starts talking to chat
>x gets up, kills her while she's panicking to run away
>tries two more times and mag dumps on him EVERY FUCKING TIME

But you can't call out the majority of shitty girl gamers on being shit at games because their armies of unwashed incels will instantly ban you.

An obstacle IS a threat. At least when it comes to a video game.
Not being able to kill him is the point. It's what makes him threatening to the player to prevent progress, and it worked on OP because he rage quit.
It doesn't even matter if he's in a room or not, most rooms have at least two routes you can use to run around obstacles to distance yourself from him and still make it out.

"No. Trust me, this ends now!"

Attached: not backing down.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

I was really enjoying the game until he showed up.
It feels like there's no risk of him killing me, because I'm faster than him even when hobbling at low health, and he's easy to kite. When he shows up, it's not frightening. He's just acting as a pointless, threat-free wall to navigate around. If I'm heading towards an objective and I hear those footsteps, welp. Guess I can't go there yet. His presence has made the game tiresome.
>I love basically everything else about this game but his existence is such a profound negative mark against it that I've dropped it for now. I've never seen anything other than praise for the zombie mechanic. Am I missing something? Has anyone else felt this way?

Attached: Residentevil2_conceptart_mIUJv.jpg (276x600, 39K)

Bitch you clownin

Can someone post that image where Sherry's model is swapped with Leon?

>Wow guys i 've completed this game 10 times and i just fly throughout all the game like it's like im neo in the matrix this guy cant even touch me lol gamur master
so this is the power of Yea Forums discussion huh.

Attached: 1539315171258.jpg (960x720, 273K)

Except that you don't need to play it 10 times. You don't even need to play it one time, because the A route has you explore 90% of the RPD before X first spawns.
If you honestly couldn't memorize the general layout in those 3-4 hours you might want to ring up your doctor for a test, as you seem to be clinically retarded.

>Except that you don't need to play it 10 times. You don't even need to play it one time, because the A route has you explore 90% of the RPD before X first spawns.
>If you honestly couldn't memorize the general layout in those 3-4 hours you might want to ring up your doctor for a test, as you seem to be clinically retarded.

Attached: yikes.jpg (585x542, 65K)

That doesn't make him not an obstacle, he still is one.

No, he can kill you, but if you're at all competent he won't, that makes him a non threat, but something that's just in the way.

I dont have that but this

Attached: irons makes a run for it.webm (720x480, 2.56M)

No it makes him a potential threat. The keyword is that he CAN kill you. The level of threat is irrelevant, but the presence of it still exists.

Congrats on the gubment bucks, I guess. Unless you're even too retarded to apply for them.

Anyone got preferences on what halls/areas to clear out for a hardcore S+ run?
Right now I'm planning it out in Standard Leon B and for him the West Hallway of Fuck You and the East Hallway near the break room/basement stairs is a given for clearing & window boarding.

Attached: 1549689077464.jpg (468x349, 29K)

maybe you're right, but I just feel like an asshole whenever I criticize someone who doesn't like a game. mr X is cool, but sometimes he's just a wall because his AI so dumb. I wish he cut me off, broke benches and bookshelves to make it harder for me.
tldr: I wish mr. X was WAY harder

Play on hardcore

Looks like X gave it to him

People that played the originals as kids are boycotting this garbage.

>People that played the originals as kids are boycotting this garbage.
You don't speak for me

Anyone pushing this narrative is a fucking retard.
Anyone who's a classic fan has been putting up with garbage for 15 years now. If you seriously don't think REmake 2 is a gigantic step in the right direction you're actually a fucking retard incapable of human thought.

Attached: 1550777727855.jpg (509x477, 19K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA no.

Attached: tumblr_pmvp1h8KJj1x3yrqmo1_540.jpg (539x810, 35K)

"I played REmake on gamecube fellow boomers! I like the same things you do please accept me!"
Lol

Attached: I'm gonna say it.png (2657x1163, 265K)

>casualized item system (16+ inventory slots)
>ots
>objectives constantly telling you what to do
>dynamic difficulty
>constant Marvel quips
>button prompts on literally every item you can pick up
kys

not only is this wrong as fuck but he's there for literally like 5 minutes if you know what you're doing. I also think the praise for him is a bit overblown but for the complete opposite reason. I think he's great and tragically underused. In a way I'm glad he is, just so that he doesn't diminish the fear of Nemesis in the inevitable R3make in a "been there , done that" sort of way.

Okay bud, praise RE4 for all these things and more while claiming every game after it is bad, dipshit.

user you didn't even play it, did you

I mostly agree with you. He did scare me and feel really menancing for the first 15 minutes but then it just started pissing me off because he turns the pacing of the game completely upside down since you have to run everywhere constantly like a madman. It just got annoying and i found myself enjoying the segments he wasn't in a lot better. I stil have never been killed by him, he's far too slow and weak. I hope that when they inevitably remake RE3 Nemesis appears far less frequently but is way more lethal, i think that would be a lot better to keep the tension up.

He played it on babby mode and thinks he's a classic hardcore fan.

yea that was the low point of this game. wasted so much ammo on him during my first run

I can see someone who played the original mag dumping once to see if you can knock him out and loot things like in the original, but after the first time it doesn't work, you're just wasting ammo.

good we dont want you playing anymore faggot