Tell me captain, if the Federation is so good, why are there no new Star Trek games?

Tell me captain, if the Federation is so good, why are there no new Star Trek games?

Attached: 1456255639103.png (640x360, 439K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7y2dBhj8sOM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off Dukat

Are there any good star trek games? The only one I ever played was encounters on ps2 which was pretty bland

Bridge Commander is GOAT

I just started watching Enterprise, what am I in for?

Has the Stellaris Star Trek Mod been updated to 2.2 yet?

Dukat did nothing wrong.

Star Trek online is good if you're super into Star Trek, specifically TNB. For what it is, it's a fun little MMO that doubles as a third person shooter with hundreds of char. customization options and races to pick from. Including a custom race, but who wants to do that bullshit

Attached: 9900_screenshots_20180617102609_1.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

Have you watched a better Star Trek like DS9 first? Otherwise I suggest you do that.

bridge commander and elite force
and some conversion mods for some strategy games

The games that immediately come to mind are Bridge Commander, Armada 2, and Elite Force 2. There are a few other good games I just can't think of them right now. I don't think there's anything recent though.

>those outfits

Attached: file.png (304x593, 465K)

>451991096
TNG* fuck

Star Trek Conquest for the Wii. Simple but fulfilling.

Attached: IMG_0637.png (764x566, 564K)

Every part of this game has at least a little bit of care put into it... But some areas more than others.

Attached: 20180618185057_1.jpg (1920x1080, 391K)

Thanks for reminding me to watch more DS9 OP.

Attached: 1425869021015.png (512x384, 247K)

fucking wrong pic. im aids today

Do you want a new star trek game?

Attached: the literal devil.jpg (327x327, 41K)

x2

excuse the clipping. this game's a bit old.

Attached: 20180617103555_1.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

Of course you do. We'll make a new Star Trek and you'll like it.

Attached: file.png (920x623, 757K)

Looks kinda comfy, hows the exploration aspect?

Reminder that Starfleet Command 1-3 exist. Also reminder that Starfleet Command 4 will probably never exist.

Meanwhile Battlefleet Gothic Armada II released like a month ago. Life is not fair, bros.

Star Trek hasn't been good in over a decade.

I had a whole post typed up about TNG because that's the first and only thing that entered my head when I read Enterprise. And I've seen every Star Trek series. That's how bad it was, I forgot it even existed.

>mfw have been comfywatching an episode of DS9 a day for the last couple of months

Halfway through season 6 now, some of the best episodes ahead.

I played A Final Unity all the way through in 1996. I enjoyed it.

Attached: vgpc7wh000nz.jpg (2268x1803, 464K)

I remember playing a demo of some Star Trek game you flew a shuttle which could shoot photon torpedoes somehow

There's a whole host of galaxies out there for you to explore, many of them pretty unique. Of course, as for ground exploration you're a little more limited, but the worlds are nicely done. The game is free on Steam and is like 20 something gigs. If you're a fan of Star Trek, you'll at least appreciate the game for what it is.

Attached: 20180617194839_1.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

If you like DS9, check out Star Trek: The fallen. It's a nice trek 3rd person shooter, that often gets overlooked for some reason.

It's not too bad, but it's not too good either. The only real stinker was A Night in Sickbay or whatever, but every series has "that" episode like TNG's ghost rape or Voyager's lizard evolution.

Romulan homeworld here.

Attached: 20180615204749_1.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

This should be required for anyone who considers themselves a Trek fan.

Attached: starrr.jpg (710x399, 119K)

Runabouts are more heavily armed and bigger than normal shuttles. They're like big fighter crafts, really.

Attached: file.png (869x600, 172K)

Im on season 5 and I have already seen some of the best episodes so far, pretty excited for the rest. that fucking episode where sisco and team crash landed and no one would have died if he trusted the dominion lady got to me pretty good.

Attached: True.Detective.S03E01.The.Great.War.and.Modern.Memory.720p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot (1280x720, 224K)

I played it back in beta. Loved the space combat, rotating shields or ship facing to give yourself more survivability. The ground combat bored me to death and ultimately made me stop playing.

That must have been it. It was a PS1 space dogfighting game.

>Computer, give me a bottle of onions milk and an Nintendo Switch.

Attached: Galaxy-class_replicator.jpg (1000x750, 110K)

I'll check it out, thanks user. Was always sorta interested in this after I got into star trek.

The ground combat is a real pain in the neck unless you're playing in "Shooter mode", which turns the game (sort of) into a third person shooter. Combat is paced, but it's a lot better in shooter mode. I mean, it IS an MMORPG so you know combat is gonna be lacking.

Attached: 20180615232757_1.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

Yeah that one was good. But my all-time favorite episode that gave me the most feels(aside from in the pale moonlight) is probably this one

youtu.be/7y2dBhj8sOM

Oh man, I can't wait to see your reaction to this one episode in season 6. DS9 fans usually list it as their favorite while TNG fans list it as the reason they hate DS9.

Can we all agree that Season 5 Episode 18 "Cause and Effect" was absolute kino?

Attached: kino.png (1226x920, 1019K)

>DS9 fans
>TNG fans
I've honestly never seen it differentiated like that, it seems weird to be a fan of one but not the other. They're different but they're both 10/10 trek and some of the best scifi ever to grace a screen.

I'd its average. There is one season, which is alot better, because it does a more or less coherent story arc.

How is the new series anyway? Is it a case of the parody being better than the actual Star Trek again thanks to the Orville?

if i just finished watching TNG, is it worth watching DS9? i've heard good things but i can't imagine star trek without picard

I could see a small subset of fans being put off by DS9, but I definitely can't see how someone could like DS9 but NOT TNG. TNG might be a bit slow at times, but most things about DS9 are an extension of TNG.

Not that it's a high bar, but yeah, Orville is much better than Discovery.

If you finished TNG and enjoyed it, start on TOS. THEN see if you're ready for Star Trek without Shatner

It's absolute shit. Appallingly bad. Just awful. Lots of special effects and no substance whatsoever. It's not even Trek. Completely different tone. The Orville is unironically better in every way.

Absolutely yes. Like every Trek ever it starts off poorly but I haven't met anyone who didn't love it in the end. TNG and DS9 are the most defining series, I'd argue they eclipse TOS completely which really only gets points for characters and being the progenitor.

And Galaxy Quest is the best Star Trek movie. Normally I'm hesitant with Macfarlane in this day and age, but I'll have to give it a shot then.

Not those anons but I was also put off for a very long time due to fart joke family guy man but he plays it mostly straight. Orville might have started off as a low effort parody but given how thoroughly it bodied discovery it seems like they've put more effort into it with the newest season. I like it more than any star trek but the big 3 honestly.

>Turkana IV level

>>And Galaxy Quest is the best Star Trek movie.

You are mah nigga.

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

Attached: I've come to make an announcement.jpg (540x540, 36K)

This was a fantastic episode too, one of the best so far where im at.

Orville is better than nothing. Go to bed Seth.

Based. FUCK Bajor and FUCK niggers.

So how do you feel about a full 1/4 of the episodes being about gay alien culture and their gay sex lives and gay babies?

Definitely the weakest of the bunch, but they're not awful. And let's be real here, if you think only 25% of the episodes are shit that's about on-par with every Star Trek series ever.

Attached: 1498393512129.jpg (537x585, 118K)

I FUCKED YOUR MOTHERS.

Attached: gul-dukat-51.jpg.90d90faab4841d43a9181dbcb2653f92.jpg (692x530, 80K)

DS9 is great but the filler can really get out of hand. The cast is incredibly memorable though.

I didn't say only 1/4 of the episodes are bad, easily more than half are bad. The ratings are in the toilet and major cast members are leaving the show, so I hope you enjoy these two seasons because it's all you're getting.

The filler is half the reason why the cast is memorable though.

I can't believe Meaney and Siddig almost came to blows on set because of a disagreement about The Troubles

The only thing DS9 did wrong was not killing Slagzia sooner so we could spend more time with Ezri.

Attached: Ezri_dax_arrival.jpg (597x572, 37K)

Some filler is definitely better than other filler.

Star Trek Invasion. The shuttles you're talking about are Valkyrie-class fighters, designed specifically for the game. Just some iffy designs made to justify that gameplay style in a Star Trek game.

Star Trek Bridge Crew can be a blast with the right people. They added the Enterprise D and the Borg recently, so I'm hoping they'll keeping doing updates.

Attached: v plays star trekk.webm (900x506, 2.94M)

Elite Force 1+2
Bridge Commander thanks to mods
Starfleet Command 1-3
ST Armada 1+2
ST DS9 – The Fallen

They did? Never knew that.

fuck, I want to play this so bad... Is a VR headset imperative?

True but still. A lot of people downplay the first two seasons and some of the standalones in later seasons, even though a lot of those episodes either establish or further the dynamics the show was known for. Even MOVE ALONG HOME has a few decent Quark moments.

Are you the only disco fan in the world or something? I don't see why you seem so set against the show. At least trek fans finally got something, even if it does only last two seasons.

It's not imperative, but it definitely elevates the game to a new level. With VR and a crew who does just the right amount of roleplaying (i.e. playing their role but not being an autistic sperg about it) it's fantastic.

I get the feeling user is meming.

Did I say anything about Discovery? Tell me Seth, why is that the only argument you have when someone doesn't like your show? "Oh you don't like Orville, why do you live Discovery so much?"

Discovery is bad because it hasn't figured out what it wants to do and isn't very Trek. Orville is bad because McFarlane is a hack, the humor doesn't work, and the "serious" episodes are literally copy pasted from Trek.

further question. my favorite episodes of TNG were the politics ones. shit like the defector or chain of command, watching tentative situations be resolved before violence happens. some of the sci-fi ideas were good but felt a bit monster-of-the-week at times and i started to get a bit sick of parts of seasons 6-7 because there were so many of that kind of episode

will i like DS9 with that in mind. I'd just watch it for myself to decide but knowing that the first seasons are weaker, as usual, means it's a big time investment

If only Seth MacFarlane could drop the constant unnecessary gags.

ds9 and tng are different in a lot of ways. remember the point of Dr. Bashir as a character was to take a guy who would fit in on the Enterprise D (moralizing, optimistic young Britbonger) and put him on deep space 9 as a fish out of water.

Attached: vincepissed_crop_north.jpg (240x160, 9K)

>will i like DS9 with that in mind

Very much so. DS9 isn't as "high concept" with its sci-fi, but does go full-on intergalactic conflict.

And the stuff outside of the war is nice too. Instead of alien of the week it was nice to see long term relations with races like the Ferengi and Cardassians. Hell, it's worth watching for the Ferengi alone.

Attached: Average tv poster.webm (1920x1080, 2.73M)

alright cool. considering the later seasons of TNG leaned away from that kind of tone i was expecting DS9 to be more sci fi threat of the week. some of those episodes were great in TNG but i did get a little tired of the formula. it started to feel like there was little consequence to anything even if cast members came close to dying, whereas the political episodes felt very weighty