Zeal, if you're here please respond

Were you the one in pic related? If yes, i beg you answer some of this:
1) what about FF16? Is it Project Agni? If not, what about FF16? Is it in production? Please any info, no matter how small or cryptic!!
2) The map shown in clay in some FFXV trailers will be entirely explorable this time in Versus?
3) How will the exploration work in FF7R? Will it have a world map like the original one? Will it have separate areas like FF10 - FF12? Will it be a full-blown open world?
4) Any info about the combat in FF7R?
5) Is the Prototype video related to Yoko Taro's FF?

Attached: f.png (257x406, 96K)

>Surprise
Ardyn will probably be transported to an alternate dimension/timeline where he will terrorize the world and Sora/Riku will need to stop him

?

Also, is it true that the Cetra came from Spira?

I'm actually thinking instead it's a trailer for him being playable in Dissidia NT

>actually asking for resetera 'leakers' to post here
OP.
Fuck off

I’m not the guy you’re talking about, I don’t even know who he is, but I work with localization japanese to portuguese and english to portuguese. For that reason, thoughout the years I’ve met developers, marketing people, publisher people etc. all over the world.

I’ve heard some stuff about some SE japanese productions last year, on my last trip to South Korea, where we met people from the japanese branch of the company.

- I said I was a big KH fan, they said I’d be surprised with two cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts 3 in particular (at the time I didn’t know what he was talking about, playing the game, it’s clear what the cutscenes were).

- They said FF XVI would only start production after they got next gen dev kits from Sony, which were expected to come late in December 2018. They didn’t want to use Luminous Engine or Unreal Engine 4 for the project and wanted to blow people away with its graphics like FF used to do in the past. They said they wanted to have a big playable character roster this time, to contrast with XV;

- They said the Luminous Engine team really wanted to make a sequel to XV, but that SE stopped that before they started pitching ideas;

(cont.)

- They said they were surprised with Switch’s success and that Nintendo approached them in order to get an exclusive FF game for the Switch, similar to how Sony got timed exclusivity with FF7 Remake. Conversations led to a deal and the guy told me it was likely a remake of a Super Nintendo FF game in Unreal Engine 4, being made by the Octopath Traveler team, since they weren’t talking about new characters or making new concept art. This deal also got some old FF games for the Switch;

- Yoko Taro is not making an FF, he’s going to make a new Nier title, but this time it doesn’t have Platinum tied to it, though he did say SE was really pleased with how Automata performed and wanted the new game to follow that style;

(cont.)

>They said the Luminous Engine team really wanted to make a sequel to XV, but that SE stopped that before they started pitching ideas;
I actually would have liked to see this, fuck

>They didn’t want to use Luminous Engine
Is luminous this bad?

It's older than FOX Engine, made by the same French guy that made FOX Engine for Konami later on.
It's an already outdated engine just like FOX is.

are you going to continue?

- half of XV team is starting pre-production on a new IP, while a skeleton crew is with XV (I asked why and they said it was just for a final patch). The rest was assigned to FF7R;

- The people there didn’t want to talk about FF7R, they said that is the most important project in the japanese branch and that they didn’t want to risk upsetting the higher-ups;

- Tokyo RPG Factory’s third game is shaping up to be really good, according to them;

- They want to re-release XIII trilogy on PS4.

That’s all I got in this trip from SE.

Anything on Verum Rex or Versus actually existing?

any specifics on the final patch for XV?

>half of XV team
So Business Division 2? Why are you saying "XV team?"

Nope, like I said they didn’t even tell me what the cutscenes were in KH3, they just said I would be really happy with two cutscenes in particular cause they know I’m a KH fan. To me, they were talking about Verum Rex cutscenes, I can’t wait to ask them about it next chance I get, since I almost had a heart attack when Somnus started playing in the secret ending.

They said it would be a final thank you patch for XV with some fan requests (nothing really crazy, though), but didn’t know what those would be, hard mode maybe (my speculation)? My guess is that the skeleton crew will be there to fix any bugs that come with Episode Ardyn and maybe a final crossover event.

fuck, would've hoped for the level editor and proper mod tools. guess they're dead then

They called it Luminous Productions

And with the new restructure happening they probably are going to change the name again

I wonder how much of a blunder the whole 2013 "11 Business Divisions system" was

Didn’t they say last year that they would fuse Business Divisions?

>They want to re-release XIII trilogy on PS4.

I wouldn't particularly care about this since I have them on PC and the PS4 versions would likely perform worse. A Switch version that lets me play them portably would be great though, especially considering how walkthrough-reliant XIII-2 and LR are.

SE don't care about the Switch, they've got one division making Switch games and that's it

How much are they on PC? It could be ok if they were in a single PS4 package for $40

Yep.
There is going to be only 4 now

Attached: xiii.png (701x158, 57K)

Nice

speaking of which how are the XIII sequels? I played XIII for 2 hours and it was the most boring shit ive played in a while. glad i got a refund

Stories are significantly worse in some aspects, gameplay is significantly better. Lightning Returns is reaaally fun. XIII-2 has one of the best antagonists in FF franchise.

>They said they were surprised with Switch’s success and that Nintendo approached them in order to get an exclusive FF game for the Switch, similar to how Sony got timed exclusivity with FF7 Remake. Conversations led to a deal and the guy told me it was likely a remake of a Super Nintendo FF game in Unreal Engine 4, being made by the Octopath Traveler team, since they weren’t talking about new characters or making new concept art. This deal also got some old FF games for the Switch;

What FF game will be remade, Yea Forums? This is the most exciting news to me

whats the combat in LR like? i looked at some and it looked like semi-real time or something?

Valkyrie Profile 3 basically, it's actually a retooled VP3 game.

XIII-2 is the polar opposite of XIII, it has nonlinear world progression and combat revolves around raising Pokemon. Story has loads of confusing time travel fuckery.

Lightning Returns is a real treat, though. It's a quasi action RPG, more like Tales than FF. Fully open world, and it has a Majoras Mask style time limit. Furthermore, it has a job system tied to garments like X-2 and mostly revolves around doing side quests to get souls and level up (combat doesn't give xp, just ep, which is used for limit breaks, certain spells that can heal and freeze time, among other things).

VI

5 and 6 are the only ones left that haven't gotten extensive remakes, and I'm pretty sure 6 is more popular, so probably that.

Tu fala português, então?

It also, oddly, has an extensive crafting system that isn't unlocked until you've started NG+. Also best gear is locked to hard mode.

Yes, but I avoid doing it here, since it’s an american board.

Any idea what the final crossover event could possibly be?

Nope, that was me guessing what the skeleton crew could be doing there, besides the final patch.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply!

Do you have any info on the level editing tool that was in development?

Also a 'paid mod' menu was datamined ages ago on PC, have you heard anything about that?

No, sorry dude, I barely talk about PC in my travels, cause I’m not that into gaming on PC

Did they ever say why they reboot FF7R?

Rebooted? All I remember, and I got this from news just like everyone else, is that development would be done in house, are you talking about that? In my trip, they said development was going strong but that was it, they didn’t want to talk about it cause they said it was the most important project in the japanese branch of SE.