Start reading berserk

>start reading berserk
>dark souls LITERALLY ripped it off

this is the most shameless creative ripoff I've yet seen, even stairway to heaven wasn't as much of s steal as dark souls being copy pasted berserk lore and art

how did they get away with it?

Attached: BTCG-Skull_Knight-OI.png (260x370, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0pcPfATc7oe
youtube.com/watch?v=gFHLO_2_THg
youtube.com/watch?v=LLXQcMEtoEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The similarities are mostly visual, it's not really significant.

>start reading berserk
normie..

>this is the most shameless creative ripoff I've yet seen, even stairway to heaven wasn't as much of s steal as dark souls being copy pasted berserk lore and art
Have you never seen Warcraft or Starcraft before?

Its never been a secret Miyazaki took inspiration from Berserk.

Berserk is just a ripoff of Devilman lmao what are you on about

Attached: 3b1cbd02e99b6fa6e18ee933573238a209c70ba6.gif (700x704, 295K)

>you will never read berserk again for the first time

Attached: 1542495312672.jpg (545x362, 163K)

>kingdom of midland is covered in fog with demons inside
>it's literally boletaria

It was a love letter to Berserk and they have been open about this being the case from the very start. The final boss of Darksouls 3 DLC was literally Guts. And along comes your ignorant ass with a profound hot take years after everybody else already knew this.

These people calling stuff "ripped off" when they don't even know what it means

Attached: Hidetaka_Miyazaki.jpg (512x341, 55K)

>literally guts
>doesn't use an UGS

eat shit gael fag

Its clearly an ugs broken in half.

vocaroo.com/i/s0pcPfATc7oe

If Souls triggered you that hard I'd hate to see you play Tales of Berseria

You can buy Guts and Griffith armor in Dragon's Dogma.

Only on the console version...

Attached: 1550794412376.png (280x466, 131K)

I just find it disappointing that it was all just a ripoff, Dark Souls managed to give new life to the old and tired medieval fantasy setting but it turns out it was the magic of Berserk all this time.

You think Dark Souls looks like Berserk?

Have you seen Demons Souls?

How popular is Berserk in japan? Seems like its all shonen shit to me.

church as a villian and a revenge plot does not make something a berserk clone

Attached: 1543386409556.jpg (959x720, 285K)

Moron here
What the hell is stairway ripping off? The Zeppelin song right?

>Berserk will never be finished

Attached: 3c9hac9.jpg (400x400, 51K)

>read vol. 1 of manga
>get triggered by an aesthetic canon

maybe try to continue reading it

NEW CHAPTER
W H E N
H
E
N

dunno about there
all I know is that entry level retards seem to love it over here

People in Japan aren't sjw cucks like you in the west.

I forgot that there was another Berserk game with actual good gameplay.
Oh wait, there isn't.
I suppose Star Fox is a ripoff of Thunderbirds, Wonderful 101 is a ripoff of sentai, Mass Effect is a ripoff of Star Trek, simply because they were heavily inspired by those shows and wanted to create a game that evoked the same feeling.

what kind of deranged manchild made this LUL

>Berserk invented dark fantasy
Oh I'm laffin, yeah DS is clearly inspired by Berserk, shamelessly so, but don't act like Berserk isn't and invented dark fantasy as a genre.

>normie..
Fuck off normalfag.

Dont forget is a ripoff of guin saga too

same setting != identifiable plagiarism

Lord Steven Christ. One of his cult members left him and talked shit about him. He made deranged videos burning her clothes, smashing bottles ect..

>i'm reading berserko online for free after watching the anime XDDD

You're years late, noobie bobs burgers normie scum.

>years late
>hasn't even ended

>implying it has been good in years

And Berserk LITERALLY ripped off Hellraiser, what’s your point you faggot mongoloid?

>Late to a club that hasn't closed yet
What the fuck are you even saying retard.

It's too late. Stick to the anime or read Goblin Slayer.

No?
I'll read every chapter as it releases and there isn't fuck all you can do about it faggot.

Attached: putin.jpg (420x336, 34K)

>game with trash plot
>manga with great art and great plot
Its okay

No.

>As it releases
Hahahaha, oh wow, now I feel sad user, and you will feel it too.

The author died years ago but the yakuza forced the publisher to keep it a secret so they could get someone else to finish the story and claim the money

>he doesn't know

Why does it not surprise me that Berserk babbies think it invented fantasy?

Who hurt you?

The difference is that japanese creators actually disclose their inspirations, while westerners try to hide it almost everytime. If you had read even some of the DS background, you'd know that they LITERALLY said that Siegmeyer of Catarina was based on Basuzo from Berserk.

Now get the hell out.

I feel like artorias is guts more than gael. At least, guts when he's in the wolf armor

>guin saga
>season 2 never because the author died
A shame.

Miyazaki is a hack

This. Western Directors completely rip entire scenes from things like Paprika and their response is "Oh, whats that?I've never heard it before"
Even though the inspiration is blatant

The basic tune is supposedly ripped from some older song, don't remember the title. Led Zeppelin ripped a lot of stuff actually, even had a few lawsuits because of it I think. Also lots of their songs are actually just rock versions of folk songs. Obviously, this isn't the problem by itself, as with all forms of art music repurposes stuff all the time, the issue is that LZ never acknowledged the original authors and cited themselves as the creators.
I personally couldn't care less though, since everything they "ripped off" ended up being 100 times better than the original

What exactly did the Souls series take from Berserk? How do we know the series didn't take inspiration from the sources that Berserk took from instead? Berserk is clearly taking from a lot of things and I'd imagine any writer interested in the medieval era and dark fantasy fiction would study everything Miura did as well. It's probably common knowledge among those interested in those topics.

Tell me there is a doujin where Morda gets some tender loving

Attached: 17250_K2E1VqAO.png (600x600, 95K)

Barely anything in Souls games is similar to Berserk. A much bigger influence was Fighting Fantasy.

They pretty much stole the "Stairway to Heaven" intro from a song called "Spirit" by a band called "Taurus". Like already mentioned though, their stuff is still far better than the original so whatever

>like Paprika
What movie, just don't tell me that it's Suspiria?

>Siegmeyer of Catarina was based on Basuzo from Berserk.
Horace reminds me more of Bazuso than Siegmeyer does but I can see it now.

Japanese creators acknowledge their inspirations all the time. For example, the director of Evangelion said that it was so influenced by Devilman that he was afraid he would be sued.

The only western creator I know that acknowledged some reference pretty clearly was George Lucas. He said the idol scene from Indiana Jones came from a Scrooge McDuck comic. Incidentally, the rolling boulder scene was also inspired by another Scrooge story.

Inception

It's reverse actually. Song is called Taurus, by the band "Spirit"
youtube.com/watch?v=gFHLO_2_THg

You're not making a strong case there.

frozen throne esthetics is similar to game of thrones books but story is pretty original

Isnt there a charachter named Rickert in DS?

Yeah
Young blacksmith in New Londo

Too many visual similarities to be a strong case

Attached: inceptioafawwa.jpg (520x470, 205K)

>Dark

Attached: gutsbuild.jpg (1077x1227, 188K)

>Complaining about a good game being very similar to Berserk when theres like 1 actual Berserk game and 90% of berserk adaptations set the bar for low efforts

You should take what you can get when the other suitable options are lacking this much

Attached: Guts walkin.gif (418x594, 2.77M)

And yet they didn't add a proper Dragonslayer or at least pre-Dragonslayer sword until the second game.

It was the weapon I was looking for back when Dark Souls originally released and the closes I could find was the BKUGS.

>a good game
bait

>Berserk is bad!
>why?
>uuumm.... it's entry level, popular and highly acclaimed!

Reminder that hating on well established things won't make you patrician.

Attached: 0337-014.jpg (2262x1600, 585K)

play Lost Kingdoms

Dark Souls is the best Beserk game we will get.

Aside from aesthetics, like enemies, bosses, weapons, names, and locations, - the entire idea of bonfires and connecting to other players is directly linked to Berserk

youtube.com/watch?v=LLXQcMEtoEw

Attached: guts.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

kek

How did you guys react to Casca coming back?

I was spoilt by Yea Forums, so it wasnt as good as I wanted it to be

Did Yea Forums have threads for it? I only found out about it because of Yea Forums

jubilance when she was about to meet guts
slight annoyance that next chapter was griffith
anger when the following chapter was griffith again

incoherent rage when hiatus

It's a manga for edgelords. I have never met a single Berserk faggot who does not either try to compare everything to Berserk while whining about it being caught in limbo or isn't an edgy faggot. I love seeing you rats try to shit up LOTR threads only to get unequivocally BTFO constantly but never learn your lesson.

I think there's a big difference between retelling a story with different aspects and characters with a vastly different downtime versus "I like this character so i'm going to put them in my own story" that souls did, sounds cheap and lazy in contrast.

Attached: 9a7.jpg (294x265, 28K)

>Open up Yea Forums several months ago
>WHAT ARE SOME GAMES WHERE THE PROTAGONIST ACCOMPLISHES THEIR OBJECTIVE AFTER YEARS OF NOTHING AND PAIN
>Pic related is an image of Casca's face talking to everyone