Mario Maker 2 Thread

Mario Maker 2 Thread

Attached: DC74566E-EF5F-44A4-B4F7-CC0AE032A24A.jpg (616x347, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/824D-0000-0180-79E3
youtube.com/watch?v=gERS4Uxmd7k
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A8F9-0000-0044-F744
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2031-0000-0170-79EB
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/36FE-0000-0333-5FA4
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/80BD-0000-0243-2FE6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will Costume Mario return? I want Chitoge back.

slope

I wish they'd release a demo where you could only make levels and transfer them to the full game so we could get an early patch for game breaking bullshit and we could get some good levels from people who are actually trying

What will happen if you put a Thwomp over a slope?

please add SMB2 enemies/mode

it's absolute fucking bullshit that shy guys still aren't in the game when they appear in everything that isn't the main platformers

>You get SMB2 theme and enemies
>However, the physics are literally based on SMB1, so no grass, no throwable enemies, and Shy Guys die when stomped instead of you riding/grabbing them

Division by zero.

PLEASE ADD THE KOOPALINGS FOR BOSS BATTLES!!!

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPES

Attached: 1550774627367.gif (722x720, 1.17M)

Most likely, everything you can do in MM1 you will be able to do in MM2.
If not that, bare minimum, they will work when you play someone's uploaded MM1 level.

>no pokies
>no spike
>no flame chomp
>no chargin chuck

i want them

Not that user, but I'd be okay with that. Hell, I'd be fine if they just made the shy guys act similar to goombas. Or maybe like YS, where you kinda just sink down as they get smushed. tbqh, I'd much rather just get the music/background as a level style, like desert/ice/etc

>While the feature technically works, the only way to unlock costumes is to transfer over your settings from the WiiU version of Mario Maker.

Let me downvote troll levels

I doubt they're gonna port over the MM1 levels, better to start completely fresh so we get the new mechanics

it has vertical levels it probably will and they'll probably be more like galoombas than shyguys

Your doubts aren't based on reality. The user levels are worth money to Nintendo, because they give players something to play.

Can't wait for those quality kaizo and autoplay levels.

SMB3 advance did add a mode that put vegetables into the game.

It'd be fun to add that even if we don't get a full smb2 mode

sorry buddy, that's still restricted only to kanto autists,

The on/off blocks will be in everything.
Especially troll levels.

Screw that don't let anything from 1 be able to be ported. I'm fine with copying all my stuff over manually if it means not dealing with all of maker 1's horrible levels day 1

Attached: Tea.png (500x500, 315K)

I'm looking forward to it. I haven't owned a console since the PS2. I live in Spain though and really hope there is a price drop by June because this shit is expensive over here.

Are there any rumors or confirmed news of an EU price drop?

Attached: Curiosity.jpg (212x238, 10K)

I don't think downvoting will fly with Nintendo because they want little kids to be unaware that everyone hates the crap they put out. I'd be much more satisfied with a silent downvote so that poorly received levels get recommended less and less and stop showing up in the 100 Mario Challenge equivalent, but without necessarily making kids aware so that they don't keep reuploading the same crap when no one plays it.

i just really hope they do something about auto levels this time around
surely nintendo know that was a major problem with the first game...right?
right???

Attached: 1534981799691.gif (292x265, 112K)

maybe if they think because people missed out the Wii U these levels will appear new but they better not port over old levels that require glitch moves that have been patched out, those still haven't been removed from MM1

Fuck you user
Fuck you

Attached: No_fun_allowed.jpg (225x225, 11K)

You know that people like auto levels, right? Nintendo knows it. You're like one of those weirdos that hate chocolate or ice cream.

they're gonna be a permanent staple of cape kaizo

Needs replays
The only new feature that matters

Why the hell didn't they do this in the first one? I'm still pissed

Even MM1 preserves older versions of the glitched physics to keep older levels playable. MM2 has zero reason to throw that away. The code is already written. You may not personally like the levels of the millions of faceless strangers that made those old levels, but Nintendo has no financial reason to piss on them.

So how long will it take to unlock everything again? Will we all have to spend like, 10 hours in the level editor or some shit?

that'd actually be really cool

>Even MM1 preserves older versions of the glitched physics to keep older levels playable.

that's a straight up lie, you occasionally run into patched glitch levels in super expert because they're now unbeatable

Do you guys have any game stores that let you buy used ones?

The only "something" we need is better content curation. People like their autoscrollers and kaizos, and theres nothing wrong with that, we just need a way to consistently find the kind of levels we want.

Not him, but I fucking hate it when I get auto level after auto level in 100 Mario Challenge. I came to play a fucking game. If I wanted the game to play itself I'd have bought a PlayStation.
Auto levels in recommendations is fine. I like getting to pick which ones I see because some of them are really great.

>Meatboy style replays where you can watch hundreds of marios struggling through the level

Yes but in Spain people are poor and scour the fuck out of second-hand shops so their prices are nearly the same as used. It's not worth it to have nicks and scuffs on my shit just to save €20 off of a €350 purchase.

MM3DS made you actually play the game to unlock stuff it wasn't timed

>Gain the ability to see the play-through of the people that have played your course, to see how they are sucking.
>Soon 90% of them are players that have found a way to make lewd gestures in their play-through.

play normal or above, auto levels only appear on easy

Pick something other than the easiest mode. That's why the modes are there. Your have 4 difficulty settings to pick from.

See, now this is an idea. Filter out level tags for things you don't want or untagged levels. Filtering out untagged levels would get rid of 99% of lazy boring shit from kids who only uploaded once so they could brag about it to their friends.

That's also why a campaign/world maker would be so perfect. A creator could easily group together similar levels

>Auto levels only play on Easy
Bullshit. I've been playing Normal all this week and have already gotten nearly a dozen auto levels, including one that ran down the entire fucking 500 seconds. I would play on Expert if it weren't for the retarded oversight that Expert can unlock Easy and Normal mode costumes even if you haven't unlocked all the Expert ones yet. Hopefully THAT horse shit gets fixed in the next game.

Is it possible?

Attached: timthumb.jpg (650x650, 173K)

so skip it, you know you can skip levels right?

Don't hold your breath.

You have many live available to you. Skip something you hate. You'de have to really really suck to not beat normal with the number of lives you gotten.

I usually don't mind sitting through them but when they're long it's just stupid. Besides that, I try to beat every level I can because I have the 'tism not really but it tracks how many levels you played vs how many you beat and it bothers me

You actually don't lose lives when you skip levels. You only lose a life when you have to restart it. I get that no one cares how many levels I beat, but I get annoyed when I skip something I could have beaten.

why care about a number no one can see?

I want a way to avoid "speedrun" levels in expert and super expert. They aren't fun and most are designed the same

user, everyone CAN see. I only care because I have an unhealthy mind and I crave trivial gratification.

Attached: Mario Maker Bookmark Stats.jpg (1190x612, 79K)

do it for him

Attached: CarKoopa.png (263x172, 109K)

It might surprise you to learn this but humans like to achieve things.

What shit do you want in the fucking game now that
>slopes are in
>water on any level
>on and off switches
>new styles and themes
are all confirmed?

Attached: 1550711702604.jpg (960x960, 108K)

I would like the ability to mix and/or match level palettes and music. Oh, and also to turn off the annoying bobbing in Airship stages. It isn't always necessary.

What are some levels you want to try making? I want to make a SHMUP with the space theme, kinda like the Star Maze from Super Mario Land 2.

They probably won't, but I hope at least some of these enemies are ported to older Mario themes.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1278x717, 87K)

More characters, and I don't mean 8-bit costumes or the obvious Lugi, give me WARIO

If we don't get snake blocks, clear pipes, and twisty piranha plants in all themes, I'm gonna be pissed

not things they can't show off

The problem with auto levels isn't that they exist, it's that they usually overshadow actual levels that required effort and/or imagination to make and require some semblance of skill to beat.

Attached: 1549693058448.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

Snake blocks are guaranteed to be in smw and nsmbu at the bare minium

Some people prefer self-validation to outside sources.

auto levels have to be timed out perfectly

I want to make the levels I couldn't in the first game. Namely, a "Bowser's Submarine Army" level using Airship assets. I made a tank level in Mario Maker one, but it wasn't popular: supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/824D-0000-0180-79E3

not in this millennium

That's piss easy to accomplish because of the death trail, when Mario dies you just see where he lands and put something there to keep him going.

see

SMB2
IIRC 3D World had turnips/pick-ups and Captain Toad had Shy Guys so they're not impossible

he's showing it off right now

>auto levels
>fun
Fuck you too, user.

Attached: 1549687851273.jpg (400x400, 64K)

and then you ride the roller coaster

I've been watching people play Mario Maker on Youtube for the past couple of days because I never had a Wii U myself and I must say it's almost impressive the type of shit people come up with. I'm fucking hyped to be able to create my own levels.

ever see this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=gERS4Uxmd7k

>people unironically defending auto levels and saying it's wrong or weird to hate them
i thought i was on Yea Forums

Attached: 1543023656755.jpg (540x540, 21K)

>Kiavik
I remember when this guy shilled his levels on Yea Forums, before he hit it big with Reddit. He stole some of my ideas too, that bitch. He was a nice guy, though. I miss him.

j

You’re just going to get YouTuber trash again

>dude don't touch the controller lmao
>fun
If I wanted to watch a game instead of playing it, I'd turn on the PS4.

Attached: 502px-Einstein.png (502x600, 328K)

Does the switchc have a touchscreen controler like the WiiU? Did that make building levels a lot more convenient? I imagine it would have and using a controller would be a shitty experience. Especially one of those little joycon things.

Attached: 1548806163273.gif (300x300, 551K)

stylus made it a million times better which is why they moved to the wheel, I imagine making levels off TV will be a better experience

Is it possible to plug a Switch into a laptops HDMI port and use the laptop screen as the display? My laptops display is touchscreen capable. There is no way they would put that much effort into their products though...

HDMI would not transmit touchscreen capability. It would only allow the receiving screen to show the picture.

rip water levels

I wish there was a way to make my levels morw noticable

Vertical levels (and the p-balloon)
Dragon/Star Coins
Secrets Exits
>both of these things to be tracked
New styles, music and sound effects
poison mushroom
all the missing power ups (hammer suit, frog, tanooki, ice flower)

and the will never happen dream
>world map

Just more enemies right now.
>shy guys
>ninjis
>pidgits
>pokey
>tweester
>rex
>chargin' chuck
>dino rhino
>rip van fish

Honestly hoping theres a mario maker direct in March because theres a shitload of stuff that needs some explaining

Pokeis have to be there. It's obvious with a desert theme. It'll be weird if they add deserts, but there are still no pokeis.

I actually think a SMB2 theme would be more likely than that. The main thing likely stopping a SMB2 is probably all the different enemies. Even if they went with "counterparts", not adding most of them to the other themes, they still often would need unique behavior patterns and such, so they wouldn't be just skins.

The wheel for Mario World in the trailer is actually bigger than that one (it had 4 divisions, rather than 3 like that one) so there should be some new enemies for the other themes too.

Modifiers for enemies in general. (make them bosses, immune to jumping, faster, sturdier, shoot fireballs, etc)

Water levels aren't going anywhere. They are expanding to include half-water levels.

You rang?
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A8F9-0000-0044-F744
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2031-0000-0170-79EB
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/36FE-0000-0333-5FA4

Apply the costume mushrooms to enemies.

stop doing 100 man normal you fucking casual

How I got people to play mine is to upload a small clip of myself playing a visually interesting part to these threads.
Post your codes or link your profile.

more powerups that were missing from the last game

Unironically this

>just play the troll levels lmao what are you a casual lmfao hell just don't play it all lmfaorofl

The things I am most excited for
>Multiplayer being hinted at, due to the 4 characters shown there.
>Peachette
>The fucking car. Is it a object you can give to any creature? Can you put a pow block into a car, what about a door? Can 'you' ride the car?

I wish they'd make costumes in the SMB3 and SMW styles too.

do you even own the game?

What part of "I'm playing it right now" eludes you?
Although it has been a while since I played Expert because someone told me if I wanted to play Normal later I'd end up having nothing to unlock since the unlock system is random at all levels at or below your current difficulty setting.

Can't wait

>Can you ride a yoshi/shoe riding a cloud, riding a car, riding a flaming clown car?

Welp, since no one is posting level codes, I'm off to play more 100 Mario.
I leave you with this: supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/80BD-0000-0243-2FE6
Don't get mad at me for the second half, please. The ding-dongs are supposed to be a clue and I gave you a workaround AND a checkpoint.

How do I get my levels to appear more often in 100 mario?

Be born Japanese.

Are games like that, with limited online utility required to buy Nintendo online?

i rarely ever fucking touch 100-Man at all, on any difficulty
what part of my post led you to that response