MK is pretty stupid in theory now...

MK is pretty stupid in theory now. As a fighting game it's not really that good and does a lot of shit that make no sense like putting in a fucking BLOCK button. As a gore show, it's honestly lost it's edge since while the violence is gruesome, it's not as gratuitous or satisfying like what you might get with a game like God of War, Devil May Cry, Doom, or Ninja Gaiden. And it honestly just feels like Boon doesn't really care about video games and just wanted to make something violent and is just in too deep now to stop. Do you think the series just should've ended when Midway went under?

Attached: mk11-baraka.jpg (640x360, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6bNt9Bj3rg
twitter.com/Villainvirgin/status/1098342074196332546
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Counterpoints
>tekken and SC have block buttons
>the violence is far more gratuitous and satsifying than any action game simply by the fact you are facing real opponents who can combo you the same way and not sandbangs who dont fight back
>MK9 was the best MK game to date so it was good that WB game them another chance.

Attached: 1541049982765.gif (420x431, 2.07M)

Fighting game fans are insufferable

it makes sense for a 3D fighter to have a block button though, a 2D fighter having it just makes no sense. And while it's true that it might feel better to land those combos against real people, the payoff doesn't feel as satisfying since the style of an action game really makes you feel like you're this unstoppable madman, and fighting games outside of MK even try to make it feel more satisfying and impactful when you do combos and they do it without needing to shove the blood and guts everywhere.

Attached: 18bl1vhgij1xqgif.gif (636x357, 3.6M)

>enter rage mode
>press the X X X and the Y Y Y
No different from landing a super combo in any fighter, really. This is why casuals are sucked in fighters. Theres no fun in being an unstoppable god in action games, which is what God Hand gets right with it's auto-scaling difficulty. If you suck, the game is lenient, if you're good, the game holds no punches and truly tests you.

keep crying fags

Attached: mfw.jpg (220x319, 43K)

>a fucking BLOCK button
Is that a bad thing? I'm pretty sure every fighting style, real life or vidya, has techniques that let you block as you advance. Backing away to defend seems even more retarded.

and the sky is blue

Pardon me, anons. Tekken does not have a block button. Carry on.

foe retards that want to hate mortal kombat it is you dont see them crying about it in soul calibur

It's another Capfag that wants every fighting game to be like Street Fighter or MvC, pay him no mind.

>Trying to back up
>Keep blocking every time the other person attacks
Yeah, i'll take the block button thank you very much.

It's not, only actualy negative of block button is crossups don't work.

next time make a better gif then this garbage and mortal kombat games have more than one button to push

Fuck no, MK9 was a return to form and I loved playing X

And as far as 11 goes Baraka has never looked more fun to play

Is that absolutely necessary to fighting games as a whole? Or is it simply a dealbreaker for people who depend on crossups

>I only ever do the same most powerful combo

must be boring being this dumb.

no retard

So then if its so uninportan why does everyone keep bring it up whenever MK is discussed?

Aren't fighting game players supposed to adapt?

It removes a small layer of depth, but realistically shouldn’t be a deal breaker. There are also tons of moves in MK with fast startup frames that attack from the rear, like Scorpion’s teleport, so removing the block button would also mean needing to remove all of them. Which would be like removing tatsu from Ryu and Ken

they want the game to be like there super Japanese fighters and if you want it that bad play injustice

but those attacks were added because the game didn't have cross ups to begin with.

those attacks have been in the game for years from the first games why take them out because some randoms that don't play the games want them too

>it's honestly lost it's edge since while the violence is gruesome, it's not as gratuitous or satisfying like what you might get with a game like God of War, Devil May Cry, Doom, or Ninja Gaiden.

Not satisfying is the best way to put it. MKX and MK11 have drowned out the brutality with buckets of paint and made a core component of the series boring. As Egorapter put it. "You took fun and made it unfun HOW'D YOU DO THAT!"

Referencing e celebs you're such a fucking a fag holy shit

>press back button (left or right depending on your position)
>it block

yes bro look at how cool and unique the brutalities are
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6bNt9Bj3rg

Attached: 1538319508666.gif (350x197, 2.49M)

Honestly, the violence and gore has gotten so over the top that it's actually boring now

>like putting in a fucking BLOCK button
You mean like SoulCalibur and Dead or Alive?

so retards bitching dont play the game do they

Are you actually retarded?

Attached: 1532285329402.png (359x414, 150K)

like other bad fighting games lmao

3D fighters need it, there is no reason to have a block button in a 2D fighter.

VIOLENCE GOOD
BROWN PEOPLE GOOD

BOOBS BAD

Attached: 1529865614738.jpg (2647x3107, 521K)

Attached: 1543682470297.png (4000x4000, 84K)

>3D fighters need it
its ok when other games do it

Attached: 1518342220614.gif (353x353, 659K)

OP should've stipulated that
But I agree

And the stance shit is buttfuck retarded
Kill you're self

go back retard

It's not even bait, all the fighting games considered the most competitive have directional block, all the ones that are constantly being shit on like NRS have a dedicated button. It's no coincidence.

Whatever you say Schlomo

Reminder Kringeoid Kuckoldfags were okay with big boobs in MK until Boon told them they couldn't and now are trying to pretend they're better than that by loving cringe ultraviolence

Attached: 1547787635978.jpg (465x391, 81K)

The girl in the upper-right of western is kinda cute

this

you sound like you dont know what you are talking about

twitter.com/Villainvirgin/status/1098342074196332546

Which fighting game character would you want to guest star in MK11, Yea Forums?

Can the shills here explain why they covered up the boobs?

At least I don't play NRShit, or try to defend it on the internet.

Alma could actually be kinda cool, t b h

Attached: you 4 you.gif (500x296, 466K)

none, put in Ash from Evil Dead

Something something core values

When will NRS learn to give characters fight poses that aren't ridiculous?

Attached: I don't know what to do with my hands.jpg (750x750, 102K)

How bout save your horror icon for a horror themed fighting game? I'm sick of people constantly wanting horror icons as guest characters. It was fine for MK9, but fucking A, it got out of hand with MKX. This is a FIGHTING GAME, I want FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERS.

you're kidding right? Horror/slasher characters fit perfectly because they get just as brutal as MK and get that same damage done to them. Game devs have extreme protection of their branding and the image of their characters, that's why they don't put them in MK, not to mention dealing with licensing. With Horror stuff, there's a high chance WB owns them, and thus it's easier to put them in, and it's more likely people will get them.

>All those literally whos

Torque from The Suffering?

theyve lost almost every element of charm that the games once had and only kept the corny ass gore which is somehow less creative than ever before.

I don't remember, but does Liu Kang even do that fatality where he drops the arcade cabinet anymore?

You already ran out of good horror guests after Jason anyway

Pennywise would be stupid as fuck and Pinhead has no moves

At least I dont play Street Fighter V lol

>implying the Bye Bye Man wouldn't be the sickest pick ever

We could always use RoboCop or the Terminator, like some were suggesting.
There also seems to be a Terminator reboot releasing soon?
It seems to be good timing for the T-1000 to be a guest character
kek

Fuck off with these movie characters. THIS IS A FIGHTING GAME, WHY ARE YOU NOT ADVOCATING FOR FIGHTING GAME GUEST CHARACTERS?

because it's stupid to think that only fighting game characters should show up in fighting games, I bet you complained over Link and Spawn showing up in Soul Calibur

that's boring dude, we know the movesets, we know what they'd do and how they'd work. Non Fighting game characters are cool because the choices are cool and it shows their creativity

user, this is just how its been...
What company do you think is going to want to have their character participate in a game where they are viciously ripped apart and gibbed into a million bloody pieces?
>inb4 Kamiya and Bayonetta
I can't see Capcom being okay with any of their characters participating, nor SNK, nor Namco Bandai.
If we extend it to video game characters in general, we already had Kratos.
Now what?
Maybe you could get a Diablo rep or something?

Attached: 1407988229719.gif (330x275, 1.99M)

Kamiya doesn't even have a say in whether or not Bayo can appear anywhere, she's owned by SEGA.

he's in

Attached: Crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_character_two_column_03_ps4_eu_05jul17.png (300x409, 110K)

I can't speak on the point of a block button but the rebuttal that a dedicated block button on a 3D game would make sense is right, but MK is a one lane fighting game, by pressing back should be an automatic block. Or at least give the player the option. The gore is overplayed, honestly ever since Saw normies don't even trip anymore about blood or gore, it's played out, and people are right in criticizing Boon in placing it as the sole reason for this game. The impact of the violence doesn't feel satisfying is because you don't actually input those action yourself. F.E.A.R thought me that for really satisfying violence, the developers have to give complete freedom to the player to INPUT said actions and for the SOUND and VISUAL feedback to work together and have the right combination of impact.

>does a lot of shit that make no sense like putting in a fucking BLOCK button
Nah, fuck holding back to block, that shit is unintuitive

he'd agree, think about it:
>game revolves around whether or not you kill characters
>none of his characters really die in gory ways and that can be circumvented by having them turn to dust when someone does a fatality
>would sell like hotcakes
>characters move around worlds and timelines constantly so it can canonically make sense for a character to show up in Earthrealm
Face it, Sans would be the best video game guest character

Attached: TobyFox.png (378x320, 306K)

>That filename
This faggot has been using Mortal Kombat threads as a platform to shill his MK9 transgender rape fanfiction for fucking months.
He keeps telling people to "Google Mortal Kombat: A Forced Hero" and eventually started to feed into the anti-leftard backlash for free clicks.
This clown is lower than Chris Chan

Attached: 8c94dc8291b39ee70ceb88e860925794a48d9aa5r1-381-294v2_00.jpg (381x294, 20K)

Kamiya himself should be added to MK, less licensing issues and MK already has a dedicated BLOCK button

Attached: 682525ae-7508-489a-bd33-63f2960eb514.jpg (970x546, 52K)

But it have cool lore. Gameplay is not exactly great. Anyway. Where is Shaolin Monks 2 Boon? Why you don't add Tag mode to MK again Boon? Will Hsu Hao ever return?

VF has a block button. Not Tekken.

DoA and SC are other fighting games with dedicated block.

>Every Fighting Game should follow the exact same formula and never EVER deviate under any circumstance
Nah, fuck off

Attached: 1425092411068.png (230x230, 72K)

>all of those are 3D fighters
again that's the whole point, it makes sense for a 3D fighter to have it, but there is no reason to have one in a 2D fighter

>Where is Shaolin Monks 2 Boon?
The division of Midway that made Shaolin Monks died ages ago.

Sub Zero and Scorpion look the same.

The few times they fucked with the formula on them (MK3) nobody liked it.

I know SJWs like change for the sake of change, but ahem:

Get fucked

Oddly enough, you can't give any reason as to why Back to Block should be mandatory for all 2D fighters that wouldn't also work for a dedicated block button outside of "muh crossups", as if they're so important that every fighting game is built solely around them

Scorpion was annoying to fight in Injustice 1 because he could still do his teleport punch in a game where you had to hold back to block.

So wait, you want MK to change to BtB for the sake of BtB, but SJW's only like change for the sake of it? There something you want to tell the thread?

He was annoying because he was broken in that game. AFter his nerf nobody but shitters complained about him

Block buttons are fine for fighting games and make perfect sense in a game like Soul Calibur but it does feel like a hindrance for MK that's only there because of legacy control setup. The fighting plane for MK11 is 2D and doesn't have quick z axis positioning making a block button redundant.

This shit reminds me of that autist who complained that MK used limb based notations because it should be more like SF or DBFZ

I don't care. If Beenox can recreate Crash Team Racing, why not Netherrealms? Shaolin Monks is fucking gem. I will not eat and sleep until i get my Shaolin Monks 2. I will start next week or maybe later.

Fighting games are shit though.
Why do you think they have died over and over again?
They hardly move a profit and rely on shit money sucking practices to keep them alive.

MK had that uniqueness that kept it from being samey like every other fighter. Violence to the point that it's cartoony and schlocky Chinese to English translated camp fanfiction by impressionable kids. Not so much now.
Now every fighting game has meter, shitty comeback mechanics, flow breaking sequences and slow as molasses gameplay.
Every fighting game has to be serious business be safe and presentable to people that don't play it.

You must have me confused, I was commenting over the removal of sexy characters

You have to be trolling

>removal of sexy characters
Hey Billy D, I get you want to fap to zombie Jade, but you'll just have to get your fill elsewhere

Based and Redpilled

Attached: 1550817981400.png (616x736, 564K)

We need more BASED and REDPILLED real gamers to fight for our boner culture

Attached: 1550818042794.png (593x155, 30K)

MK has always basically been a party fighting game like Smash. There was never any real strategy or skill involved, it was mostly for the gore and fatalities.

We need more heroes like him in our Community.

Attached: d6fa9aa80d8513c5038a4175e3ce5fa4.png (626x509, 70K)

>these are the people complaining about sjws ruining games they don't play

Attached: 1493417342797.gif (200x200, 1.2M)

I'm not Billy D (Google "Mortal Kombat: A Forced Hero") and he's 100% right.

Kringeoid Kuckoldfags were okay with big boobs in MK until SJW Boon told them they couldn't and now are trying to pretend they're better than that by loving cringe ultraviolence

Attached: 1547787635978 2.jpg (463x391, 80K)

I fucking knew I could summon the Futa Fapfiction poster

So this is the power on Contrarianism. 3/10

It lost its way after the 32 bit era

>The Hsu Hao of Horror Killers
How about no

>>le FIGHTAN'S DED meme
Money talks, bullshit walks:
>Tekken: 48 million copies sold
>Street Shitter: 42 million
>Mortal Kombat: 40 million

compare this to some of the garbage Yea Forums keeps shilling:
>Kirby: 35 million
>Devil May Cry: 17 million
>Kingdom Hearts: 35 million (that's a ballpark for after KH3, currently it's at 30 million)
tl;dr you're a salty scrub, trying to COPE by saying "D-dead genre anyway!" when you lose

Attached: 7cb.gif (500x250, 563K)

MK11 looks great though. Looks like they're addressing all of the complaints from MKX and Injustice 2. the game has a real chance to be the dominant fighter in the western community, since SFV has been nothing short of vulnerable. I mean, look at how Tekken capitalized on SFV. MK11 can do the same Provided they let the game breathe and evolve rather than Panic patching like they did with X

Attached: 1548717011286.png (1187x668, 940K)

>implying a monster that gets its hooks in you if you so much as know of its existence isn't fucking horror kino
I vote for Bugghul tho

If we are talking about Horror themed guest characters I still say Candyman would work the best. Plus niggas could ship him with D'vorah.

Attached: 71DcC6SiKqL._SX342_.jpg (342x433, 29K)

>play tekken 7
>know the enlightened glory of hitting the 100 hour mark of the EWGF vortex and feeling my neurons subtly change and no other FG can reciprocate this or comprehend my enlightenment of mastering a mishima
>tfw any other game is pointless now even though I use to enjoy mk

Attached: 472927160.jpg (550x523, 39K)

Yeah fuck no

Attached: Ash Evil Dead.jpg (973x1420, 578K)

You got me user

Attached: 1392002291725.gif (245x118, 403K)

Ash sucks balls user his remake made him a woman

GUYS
HE'S FUCKING IN

Attached: 51V9578GG0L._SX342_.jpg (342x415, 33K)

WHERE
IS
KENSHI
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes we all know you suck cock

I grew up playing mortal kombat and once I started actually getting good at other fighting games I realized that MK just isn't really that fun anymore. Though I still go back to Armageddon to make stupid ass characters.

being a deadbeat dad