So since the next generation of consoles will arrive in less than two years let's talk about what we want to see and...

So since the next generation of consoles will arrive in less than two years let's talk about what we want to see and speculate a bit. When it comes to PS5 I really think stuff that's already been in development for PS4 will have enhanced modes for PS5. I could see games being marketed as PS4/PS5 titles like Cyberpunk 2077. So there would be three levels of performance with PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5. PS5 likely being native 4K. I don't think we'll get up ports as separate releases early on like we did last generation or any before it because there really seems no point anymore. Console development seems to already be going that route with just optimizing the graphical quality of the same game for different tiers of consoles and at least for the first 2 or 3 years I see that continuing for games not exclusively developed for the new consoles.

Also, when it comes to backwards compatibility it would be amazing to see the PS5 being backwards compatible with PS1, PS2 and PS3 discs. PS4 backwards compatibility is a given supposedly but if we had access to every single playstation title regardless of console that would be huge and make the day one library already in the thousands. Anyone else have any hopes or have an idea of what to expect?

Attached: ps5.png (816x393, 71K)

Digital only

>Only 2 years left and this gen still doesn't feel like it has a worthy library yet
Is it just me?
Is it because I have less time for vidya?
Have I been in this hobby too long and there aren't any real surprises anymore because I've grown jaded from experience and knowledge?
Or is this gen actually trash?

Is it stupid to buy a Switch now instead of waiting for the next gen console?

I just want to see the new controllers.

This generation suffered from long development times with much fewer new franchises. Last gen had GTA 4, its expansions and GTA5. This generation was the first to not even have it's own GTA game since the series was created and just a port of GTA5 is what we got. Most big franchises had way less titles released if their name wasn't Call of Duty, Battlefield or Assassin's Creed. Also the decline of once great series like Mass Effect happened this gen.

There is only one thing that would push me to get a PS5 and that would be backwards compatibility with PS2 through 4 games

Switch is confirmed to get a newer revision later this year, but if you don't mind gaming at 1080p and most of the time even under that resolution and love Nintendo it's fine.

I mainly just want to play the next gen pokemon games and some weebshit. I don't need a TV for Switch right?

>Switch is confirmed to get a newer revision later this year
Nintendo literally came out to explicitly say they have no planned revisions or "pro" versions

What I wonder if if next-gen they'll finally perfect things like hair and water? I don't expect 100% realism, but it is a bit annoying how those two things continue to persist as issues of visuals.

Also will next-gen finally perfect cartoony art style games? Dragon Ball Fighter Z looks damn near close to playing the anime at times.

>there are people on this board right now who would unironically prioritize 4K over 60 FPS

>Not enuff games
>Not time for vidya
The only games I have play are uncharted collection uncharted4 (50%) and bloorborne (10%)
I still have all the other exclusives on the backlog

next gen
xbox/ps5 4K/8K
switch 720p/360p

No you don't need a TV at all.
I thought some Japanese newspaper that was always accurate with Nintendo rumors reported on it. My mistake. But really it's only a matter of time until Nintendo does create one I think

Double combo of slower development in general + a lot of third parties went into the generation not sure how consoles would fare. The first will just get worse the second hopefully won't happen given how well this gen went sales wise.

por que no los dos?
Or at least checkerboarded 4K + 60 FPS

Any new handhelds incoming? I don't want to buy a TV just for a new console.

>No you don't need a TV at all.
Thanks.

you need a TV for the switch
that's the only way you can play multiplayer since their paid service required yo buy the ethernet adapter.
you also need a 500$ hdmi cable cuz the 720p outscales badly on the switch and a cable that has his own scaled and antialiases works better.

>500$ hdmi cable

I can't see third parties just giving better versions for nothing

With development times taking longer, there will be 1 game from quality devs released per gen. Which is a damn shame.

end to remakes left and right
Graphics are in a goodplace right now
Focus on physics and more processes happenong. still waiting for 100v100 fights kind of thing.