Best gameplay in the entire Final Fantasy series

>best gameplay in the entire Final Fantasy series
>completely overlooked because it's part of the worst trilogy
It's such a shame

Attached: Lightning Returns Final Day.png (1920x1080, 3.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vq_QGAAUbzE
youtube.com/watch?v=m4UxGccYMCw&index=33&list=PLBF8AEECF44B0A303
youtube.com/watch?v=YPEzumonJv4
siliconera.com/2013/11/13/nora-wont-return-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/
youtu.be/rmZGNyry4_g
youtube.com/watch?v=e19iJL-jI5I
youtube.com/watch?v=i5L3V-rTxUI
youtube.com/watch?v=lHkd3quI2Xg
youtu.be/XRY9GxTYrz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But VIII has the best gameplay

@451978706
Not even worth a (You)

>draw
>draw
>draw

yeah, "riveting" gameplay. Just like Holding O in FFXV is "deep"

Just imagine how good it could have been if the 13 Trilogy never existed & the budget for the first two games went towards Valkyrie Profile 3 a Xenogears Remake instead. While Lightning Returns was just made as it's own Standalone Final Fantasy game

>Best recent FF villain and theme
>Completely overlooked because XIII-2
youtu.be/Vq_QGAAUbzE

Attached: Caius_Render_FFXIII-2.jpg (1300x2164, 440K)

Fuck Caius and fuck Liam O'Brien and fuck Square for using him in every game

>XIII
>the worst trilogy
It's so bad it spawned two remakes.

More like it's hated because it's been shoved into the mainline.
Nobody would care if XIII was a side game, like Type-0, then it could do whatever nonsense single-character mess it wanted and drag its story on and on forever.

getting serious XIII nostalgia here fuck. Extremely underrated game

I really liked it. World felt big and it was an adventure. Cheat Engine'd the time limit out though, just didn't want to worry about it. Story sucks balls as well.

Attached: screenshot_2017-12-24_01-00-37_15.jpg (2880x1620, 823K)

Final Fantasy is garbage.

To this day, I’ve yet to see a person do a perfect whirlwind kick. Not a single one.

You can hate the story, you can hate the characters, but if you don't acknowledge the depth contained in this battle system then you're a certified brainlet.

>Lightning; the cold, emotionless character
>This is her solo game so we better get her right
>Oh wait we're making her a resurrected person from God
>Then let's make her even more emotionally detached and react to nothing
>It's because of the story lol

Fucking idiots there at Square. They literally convoluted a stupid plot idea to make her even more soulless in the game.

Attached: screenshot_2018-01-05_00-50-09_13.jpg (2560x1440, 916K)

I found myself very bored with this game by the second area

I played this just over a year ago, cool.

Attached: screenshot_2017-12-24_09-51-52_0.jpg (2560x1440, 765K)

>Lightning Returns
>XIII budget
It could have been glorious

Unironically one of the best FFs.

Shame no one played it.

Why did an FF as bad as 13 get two sequels?

This.
Oh, and a soundtrack in the entire trilogy...

I wish they made Lightning less ugly in LR

tri-Ace made it, probably out of the dead corpse of Valkyrie Profile 3.
It's really good, a shame tri-Ace is dead and buried.

say what? She's at her best

Attached: screenshot_2017-12-25_20-47-37_0.jpg (3712x1812, 1.05M)

I literally bought this game to masturbate to Lightning.

Attached: kino.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

her torso is the size of her head

Attached: rude.png (571x615, 640K)

Call me crazy, but some locations in LR looked like DS1 Anor Londo, lol

He said best gameplay out of the final fantasies.

drawing is not good gameplay

>Lightning Returns
>her best
user, I'm a Lightningfag but that's just plain wrong.

Attached: 1472903346758.jpg (1920x1028, 360K)

So should I actually finish XIII? Are the sequels worth it?

XIII is shit, people will try to meme you into XIII-2, but it is also shit, and LR is ok as a game but you won't know what the fuck is going on or who any of the characters are.

Attached: screenshot_2017-12-26_12-16-07_21.jpg (1485x1440, 268K)

Has no one modded an ass for her yet?

And neither is selecting a menu option.

I'm gonna murder you, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=m4UxGccYMCw&index=33&list=PLBF8AEECF44B0A303

But honestly, people should try this fucking trilogy. It's not as bad as some claim. Plus, it's on sale on Steam.

>grinding is useless
I'm fine with that.
>unavoidable encounters littered everywhere
Fuck this.

The costume selection is amazing, like 50+ different outfits. But they don't have much fan service, pretty tame in that regard.

Attached: screenshot_2017-12-30_14-43-58_15.jpg (2880x1620, 757K)

>Bayonetta comes out on PC
>nude mods within weeks
>Lightning Returns comes out on PC
>no mods to fix her model, not even after all these years
IT ISN'T FUCKING FAIR

Attached: 1464008238234.gif (450x338, 852K)

the music is good. The games are not.

I see Square is stepping up its shill game to raise funds for it's new round of failure and disappointment.

Well, they also put DQ11 on sale, 50% off. Buy now and replace OST with fully orchestra, or wait for a Switch version?

>unavoidable encounters
Nigga you can literally just run past them

Attached: 1.png (451x436, 319K)

Fuck, if only I knew anything about 3D modeling or modding, I'd do it myself

Attached: 1520698279025.png (601x601, 406K)

>Bet gameplay
Retard. Its overlooked because that entire trilogy tried way too hard to be diffrent. If you perfer anything in that trilogy over the traditional TBC you're a complete fucking retard and far beyond saving.

Thanks for being the reason FF sucks now, enjoy wasting your money on the new ones. If you need me I'll be playing the good ones.

A lot of them are in narrow chokepoints, though.

13-2 OST is peak kino.

As is Sarah's chest

Attached: SB05.jpg (1920x1080, 1.08M)

>the year of our lord two thousand and nineteen
>no Lightning dakimakuras

Attached: 1482170302149.jpg (480x360, 47K)

Git gud at combat or git gud at running

Mr. Typhooon! It's about time you come on down!

>best gameplay in the entire Final Fantasy series
>completely overlooked because it's part of the worst trilogy
It's such a shame

Attached: 61ZDUZCCllL.jpg (500x500, 77K)

Attached: Serah's boobs in the rain.webm (640x360, 2.61M)

the first two XIII games were a fairly ordinary evolution of the ATB system. LR specifically tried to do something different to keep things fresh three games in.

Then kill them all. You can genocide every enemy type in the game :)

Attached: queseraserah.jpg (2560x1440, 266K)

Attached: 1548642242994.jpg (512x1480, 163K)

Thanks that's what I was looking for.

*unzips*

The point is that combat is both boring and pointless.
The entire game just boils down to performing dull fetch quests and repeating the same unrewarding encounters dozens of times while hoping you're doing everything in the right order so you don't get thrown into something you can't beat because your stats aren't good enough yet.
When the official guide is telling you to ditch the starting location as soon as you get there and go somewhere else then you know you're dealing with some royally fucked up game design.

Attached: 20170131163325_1.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

>tfw no qt3.14 Lightning cosplayerfu
My pain is constant and my torment unending

Attached: 1488837821492.jpg (600x770, 112K)

P-Pervert

Attached: 1420331641258.jpg (3515x2267, 823K)

>qt
Unlike pic related apparently.

Attached: 1548198109492.gif (300x225, 1.99M)

I feel like LR is what XIII should've been from the beginning, gameplay-wise

Lightning Returns is a perfect example of a Stockholm Syndrome game.
After 2 games of uninteractive auto battle system you're tricked into believing that timing guard is the pinnacle of gameplay depth.

Attached: happy dog returns.jpg (1920x1080, 583K)

she looks like she has leukemia in both

>gameplay
13-2 was better
5 was better
10-2 was better

Alright, clearly you need to be educated so let's get this over with
>dull fetch quests
If you think every side quest is a dull fetch quest then your taste is irredeemable
>unrewarding encounters
Encounters are the only way to earn certain abilities and to level them up via synthesis as well as gil/weapon drops
>thrown into something you can't beat
You can defeat every enemy you encounter provided you don't welch on combat and customize your schemata properly. Yes, even the Chocobo Eaters
>ditch the starting location as soon as you get there
Because there's nothing else available until the start of the next day when you can advance the main quest

Attached: 1418954364750.jpg (850x601, 498K)

>ywn fall asleep with Lightning's arms wrapped around you

Attached: the_other_side_by_shady_chan-d4k13d7.png (900x1187, 719K)

>the game is good if you're min/maxing from the start using guides
It's pretty sad how desperate some people are to salvage anything of value from that trainwreck trilogy.

Attached: 1419532954418.gif (500x500, 498K)

Great port. They didn't update the high poly model for the dog in the quest.

Attached: HappiestDog.jpg (2560x1440, 1.08M)

Attached: 1463236749187.jpg (749x1006, 113K)

Keep going I'm close.

Attached: serah.jpg (1200x1709, 426K)

Attached: 1548965425535.jpg (684x1000, 101K)

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

Attached: 1420331398666.jpg (3840x2268, 793K)

>anything related to FF13
>best at anything

get some taste nigger, i'll admit tho, if lightning had more meat in her body she would be 10/10 waifu material, unfortunatly, that's not the case so fuck her and her games

Attached: Light Cosplay 8.jpg (1333x2000, 1.91M)

seething nerd

Lightning Returns feels like optional content from some other game with the actual core of the game missing.
The plot somehow manages to be more nonsensical than the other 2 and it's entirely driven forward by menial and disjointed side quests.
Also how is the gameplay supposed to be good? Is anyone really impressed by ATB Root Beer Tapper combined with the option to time your guard?

Attached: 20170208024138_1.jpg (1920x1080, 465K)

memepose

Attached: smugloli.jpg (1296x1620, 380K)

>Fuck Caius

Still seething, Noel?

Built for sex.

FFXIII-2 is actually a lot better than people will give it credit for. It's not one of my favorite games in the series or anything, but I enjoyed my time with it even after fucking despising FFXIII. It certainly has one of the best soundtracks in the franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPEzumonJv4

This song is just some random ass town theme. It'd be the showstopper in damn near any other RPG.

Lightning Returns is not a Tri-Ace game. They got demoted to code monkey status after making the soulless rehash XIII 2
siliconera.com/2013/11/13/nora-wont-return-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/
>We also asked Kitase about tri-Ace who co-developed Final Fantasy XIII-2. They are involved with Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, but not as much so. "With this installment, staff members of Square Enix are the primary force, but we did get Tri-Ace to help on some parts of the graphic work, as they did in the past," Kitase explained.

>tfw I liked XIII-2 and LR because of the hopeless apocalypse-soon setting

>My name is Inigo Montoya.
>You killed my father.
>Prepare to die.

Attached: screenshot_2017-12-30_14-35-21_7.jpg (2560x1440, 549K)

His awful design doesn't do him any favors. He looks more like a player character from Monster Hunter than a properly-designed villain.

Fabula Nova Crystalis was such a great lore and a fantastic idea (creating a single mythology that the entire FF series going forward could be based upon and interpret onto new worlds and themes).
I hate that XIII basically killed it, it's so unfair. They literally got the writer of VII and X plus all their best writers and directors to create it and then they just trash the whole thing.

And there was no reason since most normies that supposedly wouldn't buy the game if they thought it was connected to XIII wouldn't have even known anyway since they're too dumb to pay attention to the lore.

4 u

Earlier FF did it better without even trying to.
All leftovers of Fabula Nova in XV feel contrived and forced as fuck.
The entire series went to shit somewhere between X and XII when reinventing the entire gameplay formula for the sake of it turned it into an alienating hit-or-miss rollercoaster of games that constantly ditch old fanbases and chase after casual AAA buyers.

>KH2
>mash one attack button to do combos
>best game ever 10/10

>FFXV
>hold one attack button to do combos
>worst gameplay ever blunder of the century!!!

I swear people who make this complaint did not play the game, there is no way you can beat the bosses in the game by just holding the buttons and not warping, using magic and links. You just watched that one webm of the guy winning against low level opponents and parrot people on Yea Forums.

The gameplay is shit, but because it's an incomprehensible mess, not because it's easy.

The battle system in that game sucks tho

Just because you can do some extra shit to speed up the combat doesn't mean that alternating between holding attack and dodge doesn't win almost every encounter.
The most depressing thing is that when the game throws something more threatening at you it becomes an endurance test for your item stock.
And when you want to go even deeper and tackle Costlemark you realize how much of a boring kite and spank it becomes when you can rely on neither items or your party.

Sounds like you’re just shit at the game. By endgame you should be consistently hitting for 20-30 k every few seconds.

>looks like a monster hunter character
>lives in a time period where humanity is on the brink of extinction and monster rules the world
>is a literal monster hunter
Gee, I wonder why that is

>tfw all that sexual tension betwen Noel and Serah is just completely forgotten

>the game is bad because it's easy
>n-no, you're just bad at it!

Attached: 55383AB34F2BDE0026.jpg (682x684, 107K)

It’s actually pretty cool of the devs to make a way to just brute force the games for losers like you so you can actually beat it.

That's not even moving the goal post anymore.
You basically imploded it.

So did a valkyrie profile game die in order for LR to live? The game felt similar to a VP game.

Here lies Noel, he never scored

There’s a ranking system. Once you get biggest rank then you can start complaining about the difficulty. If you’re playing the easy mode that the devs put in just for shit people, you have no right to say it’s too easy. That’s just facts.

Savage. Is this canon?

lightning's arm pits

>brings up KH with no provocation

fuck off, Barry

Nobody ever mentioned playing on easy.
You're really grasping at straws there, buddy.

>you have no right to say it’s too easy.

It's not anybody's fault but your own for your own casual skills, if he can do it and not have difficulty, it's easy. You aren't any more qualified to decide what's "Hard" just because you had more difficulty, it just means you're a brainlet who's mad somebody played a game with less difficulty than you.

I don't remember where but i remember reading about Lightning getting another game, that her story wasn't over after LR

I dunno, she is a literal goddess who killed god

Attached: lr1.jpg (1200x800, 152K)

>There’s a ranking system.
which means nothing

>If you’re playing the easy mode
FFXV is too fucking easy on Normal, I shudder to think how easy it is on Easy

>And when you want to go even deeper and tackle Costlemark you realize how much of a boring kite and spank it becomes when you can rely on neither items or your party.
thankfully the part of Coselmark you have to explore for the Royal Arm allows you to use items. I didn't do the menace section because trying to a combat based dungeon in a game with a really bad combat system sounds unfun

>I swear people who make this complaint did not play the game
Beat FFXV and go the Platinum so I know what I am talking about when I say that XV has a bad combat system

Yeah, it really isn't a shock when he proceeded to shit on the anons for not finding it hard enough and implying it means they were playing it on easy, I'll bet that fag doesn't even have the platinum for XV at all.

The ranking system literally showers you with high grades left and right.

funny story, there is ONE trophy for Normal difficulty in XV and it's missbale since it's for beating Ifrit on Normal.

Not the final boss, but the boss before the final boss

and it's only worth a damn if you have the "get 1 AP in for getting an S in any rank" accessory and winning fights gets you an S Rank in one of the categories.

it's actually literally the only game he's Platinumed. But he hasn't 100%ed it with the DLC

I think they added chapter select to the game shortly after all interest in it died so it's not even that missable anyway.

I decided to look up what FFXV Easy Mode does and this is what I gathered:
*You take less damage
*You do more damage (applies after patch 1.03)
*Carbuncle will auto-revive you (instead of reviving yourself) with an attack buff (Carbuncle is disabled in some plot fights)

So overall, no big difference from the base game.

He's a tribal hunter from the future/end of time literally wielding the power of chaos
he may look homo but his design makes a suprising amount of sense

I have all 3 on Steam, but have only played (most of) XIII. Got bored of it and quit. What do I need to know/read a blurb of before playing the sequels? Are both sequels worth playing?

Fuck “Easy Mode” dipshits
>game gives you crutches
>you use the crutches
>hurr why is game so easy
>gets to point where you can’t use crutches
>hurr now game too hard
You fuckers suck shit at the game if Costlemark is even remotely challenging or takes too long to get through. It’s becuase of shitheads like you that the games we do get continues to be dumbed down.

I fucking LOVE the composer for XIII-2 / LR
Its a shame he's so underused. I'm literally only playing FF Mobius because he's doing the music for that too
youtu.be/rmZGNyry4_g

Attached: 1526758207341.jpg (2560x1440, 676K)

Three people composed the music of XIII-2/LR

Meanwhile XV, only got Yoko shimememura, fuck

>You fuckers suck shit at the game if Costlemark is even remotely challenging or takes too long to get through.

It's a poorly designed mess and I am just talking about the shit you have to slog through to get to the Royal Arm

>pushed the wrong block in the maze?
>now fight 2 Iron Giants and 3 snake ladies in a tight space

>the worst trilogy
the only trilogy
ffx started this shit
this is what the fuck you get

>dipshits who couldn’t figure out the puzzle the first time
God fucking damn it. This is the future of the playerbase. Just kill the franchise right now and be over with. Fucking kids

Toblerone

It's a trial and error puzzle.

It was the same team for 13-2 and LR? Man those guys are talented they should get more work.

Mobius OST sounds great too.

kek

I'm aware of Hamauzu also being part of it but I'm talking about Mitsuto Suzuki. He's doing the entirety of the Mobius soundtrack and its incredibly listenable and has tons of variety
youtube.com/watch?v=e19iJL-jI5I
youtube.com/watch?v=i5L3V-rTxUI
youtube.com/watch?v=lHkd3quI2Xg

youtu.be/XRY9GxTYrz8

Attached: 1533425679546.jpg (2560x1440, 493K)

It’s a compass based puzzle, you dipshit

no one is going to believe you're hardcore, Barry

yeah hallway walking simulator

That's not the Costlemark everyone's talking about but I wouldn't blame you for not pushing through the post game shit.
Menace dungeons are boring downward spirals (both figuratively and literally) of copy pasted rooms where all you do is fight enemies.
Costlemark is unique as it tries to create artificial difficulty by disabling items.

>SE has several talented composers better than Hamauzu, Takeharu Ishimoto or Shimomura

>Don't use this guy instead

Attached: demencia.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

I liked Type-0 (PSP) the best.

>>best gameplay in the entire Final Fantasy series
>>completely overlooked because it's part of the worst trilogy
I hear ya

Attached: x-2 - Copy.png (336x474, 84K)

More of a "hope you tried to go backwards at the right time" kind of puzzle.
Literally the definition of trial and error unless you decide to overthink it.
I bet you're one of those retards who thought there was some elaborate story being told in Pitioss before it was officially confirmed that all the set pieces there were random and meaningless.

>Plus, it's on sale on Steam.
Fuck the pc version. It runs like absolute fucking dogshit and I have a fucking i7 and 1080ti.

>gameplay
>in a turn based game
Fucking weebs I swear

I heard it was originally going to be a Valkyrie Profile game which makes sense to me.

Do you think you can ride this chocobo?

Attached: crazy_chocobo_by_obstinatemelon-d4odwic.jpg (600x571, 308K)

>It’s a compass based puzzle, you dipshit

with no hints that it was a compass based one.

Ended up using a guide after being thrown into the fight that mentioned like 3 times.

>Menace dungeons are boring downward spirals (both figuratively and literally) of copy pasted rooms where all you do is fight enemies.
and in a game with bad combat, that is boring and unfun. Thank fuck they are not required for anything.

Just picked it up from the Steam sale. Having a blast so far

>gameplay
>in a movie
fucking westaboos, I swear

>still no mods that fix her "ass"

I hear the Xbox One X version is the definitive release.

>LR
>turn based
stop wasting everyones time with your worthless posts. the least you can do is not being a walking detriment

>game throws you into a linear pathway with no choices for several rooms so even if you're trying to hump every wall you eventually give up because it's a waste of time
>just kidding, this time the correct way is behind you
This doesn't even qualify as puzzle. There is no problem solving involved. The game just tries to trick you into going the wrong way on your first route.

>>in a turn based game

LR is not turn based