So what did Yea Forums think of Etrian Odyssey Nexus?

So what did Yea Forums think of Etrian Odyssey Nexus?

Attached: 1549345943383.png (800x903, 587K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B1v3IZuX7OI
kotaku.com/etrian-odyssey-nexus-is-busting-my-balls-and-it-s-total-1832800625
youtube.com/watch?v=brPskDEr7CU
youtu.be/IpCJK-alNqc
youtube.com/watch?v=14U64jWO85s
youtu.be/EAvdekbfnvI
youtube.com/watch?v=BXcmF3TcZm4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sHzK7YoQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=fwW9adcbP7k
twitter.com/nistick3/status/812497982184509440
youtube.com/watch?v=RS6FPBwR58Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw the only Etrian Odyssey I was able to get into was the first one I played, EOU

it's good, my 100% save says so

Attached: 1550650943907.jpg (772x723, 58K)

No dancer so it’s a shit game, also, what’s a good subclass for gunner
Are the hero’s illusions attack a meme?

it was bullshit, but it was good bullshit, loved it.
not sure how I feel about the next one being on the switch though, the game was pretty much made for 3ds

Attached: 1540712292309.png (230x230, 44K)

I've never played this series how good is it? The character design has me interested

Attached: 1512817119134.png (700x400, 254K)

It's great. But I stopped playing with the Rune Factory announcement.

Attached: 1493964664121.jpg (323x254, 52K)

ronin is a good sub for gunner (and pretty much all damage dealers)
hero is one of the best classes and surely not a meme

Attached: 1549524058315.jpg (1000x1376, 594K)

It’s a dinegeon crawler? Do you like the genre? If not then no amount of loli or pandering will make the game enjoyable

Ronin. Get Upper Stance maxed and carry a katana then blow up things with Charged Shots.
Hero's Afterimages can fucking wreck things and also become crazy if you play him solo (your afterimages can drop their own afterimages) but they are very much RNG unless you max out the skill and use Force Boost.

Have you ever played Wizardry?
If not imagine a JRPG but with most of the story removed, a ton of emphasis on party building and character customization, and huge labyrinths to traverse.
If that sounds appealing to you then you will probably enjoy it. If not then it probably will not interest you.
There are some demos on the 3DS eShop that allow you to transfer save data into the full game, if you want to give them a try first.

What's actually the most effective general use team?

Either Ronin for Upper Stance, Breath or whatever or Imperial if you want to focus solely on the elemental charged shots.

But are the illusory skills worth it or should I focus on the elements blades? I don’t have room in the front row for illusions, so having it spawn in the backrow seems like a waste

5 heroes

Hero/Harbinger/Shogun
Sovereign/Gunner

You mirage sword for guaranteed image. Then you charge image for huge damage. By now you've had apple time to buff and hit with regi wave if you sub anything but imperial/accel drive if you sub imp and arent in overdrive.

just find the right balance between offensive and defensive, you can run almost anything.

You can move one of your frontliners to the back the turn an afterimage spawns if they aren't attacking in melee (be sure to look at your moves' range) and Mirage Slash is ranged so the clone can use it from the back.

Sleepy > Fluffy

Attached: 7894561321548.jpg (400x334, 32K)

Pretty fun but class balance is ass. You have the absolute monsters like gunner, highlander or hero yet zodiacs are literally the worst casters in the entire series and pugs are overnerfed beyond any reason.

Go for a meme status party
Harbirnger| night seeker | warmagus
Arcanist | ninja

i hate dungeon crawler shit and everyone who plays it should be hanged.

>Shogun
Swap to highlander

> tfw hero, highlander, imperial, sovereign and gunner party
Dude, big damage lmao

>expecting good class balance
EO4 was a fluke, m8.

sorry but that's simply wrong

Attached: 1547951759554.png (1075x1518, 384K)

Fluffy a whore.

Which Wizardy games would you recommend? I've only played smt drpgs and EO. I think it would be pretty fun to get some graph paper and draw out the maps. I also love it when a game is relentlessly hard and kicks my ass as long as there isn't too much unfairness

Attached: 1550732371096.png (200x200, 55K)

>[Cardinal Direction] Shrine

Attached: 1484111615332.jpg (300x300, 17K)

I love it, just wish it had more 3D. Persona Q is great because you can see the characters popping out of the screen in 3D during combat, obviously they can't render the characters here but something like that would have added a lot. Didn't realize Yuzo Koshiro did the soundtrack, it's fantastic.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 1.01M)

is that on the actual game?

None of your damn business retard, try actually playing the game dumb ass.

Attached: image.jpg (641x642, 265K)

Not Nexus but she's in Etrian Odyssey 4.

Currently on the 12th Labyrinth, it's my favorite Etrian so far
Nightseeker and Sovereign are my MVPs

haven't started it yet, still playing 5 at the moment
What classes would you advise in nexus?

Sovereign and Gunner pretty much outclass everyone in their respective roles. Hero is also hard to ignore for how much damage it can shit out while still being sturdy and versatile. That core team can probably carry your ass through the whole game. Throwing in Harbinger + Nightseeker or any other damage dealer is a very popular set up.

When did that doujin get translated? Gib sauce.

>Sovereign and Gunner pretty much outclass everyone in their respective roles
what makes them so good in this game?

>no Hexer
>no Beast
>no Wildling
>no Dancer
>no Runemaster
>no Necromancer

Attached: 1462879904820.gif (216x158, 1003K)

> 660% elemental damage skill
> can charge for 2.5x damage
> on top of any silly buffs/debuffs and passives
It’s like imperial but with no hassle

For gunner there are too many melee dps and hardly any ranged, so it's an easy class to compete in. Gunner will eventually do elemental damage better than Zodiac, while also being the most reliable binder in the game. They get a massive damage jump with good tp efficiency at 20 through act quick + charged shot, that also bypasses charged shot's downside of taking 2x damage. Not needing to sit in the front row like EO3 also helps, and when you're done with act quick sovereign+harbinger doing defense up + enemy offense down makes almost everything way safer than it really should be meaning most burst characters no longer really need babysitting.

Likewise, there's just no competition for Sovereign. It's the only serious buffer and bringing buffs, debuff removal, heals and ranged elemental damage is too much in one package.

>turn based game
>dps

You still understood his message, stop being so autistic

Takes too long to get difficult. The difficulty at the 12th labyrinth is how hard the game should have been from midgame.

is OP's image an accurate description of what you get by playing Etrian Odyssey?

Attached: 1539461225414.png (355x347, 134K)

Yeah it is

Attached: dancer.jpg (1842x2375, 1.44M)

The artwork is always lowkey lewd but the main draw is the dungeon crawling

Name a more chad class than the shogun
>shits out so much damage he dies
>gets up anyway at the end of the turn
>has never survived a hit once in his life
>shank one nigga ten times
>kills pussy low health teammates for the blood god
>also kills pussy low health foes too
ronins wish they were this cool

Attached: an-hand-drawn-from-japan-culture-samurai-shogun-vector-6366541.jpg (700x1080, 143K)

Wrong color.

Attached: Dancer_Female.jpg (3500x4093, 1.72M)

I still don't know why people bitch about Giant's Ruins so much.

>tfw got all the shortcuts on my first run

Attached: 1550035527141.png (411x479, 362K)

>zodiacs are literally the worst casters in the entire series
I'll still use her because she's cute, but goddammit Atlus.

>not having a farmer and safe strolling through

Attached: sIyYPVj.gif (500x376, 383K)

>not portrait swapping to Alchemist or Runemaster

Attached: a32d5030787f86affea51e4440887a89.jpg (1406x2067, 601K)

youtube.com/watch?v=B1v3IZuX7OI

>I love it, just wish it had more 3D.
Changing to 3D is the second biggest mistake in the series.

Attached: EO3_monsters.png (1110x2300, 1.78M)

I would have if you could edit the portraits.

You can use literally any portrait for any class.

m8? When you register a character to your guild, press Y after you've selected their class.

But you can't edit every portrait.

2D
>dynamic art poses
>unsettling/uncanny designs

meanwhile in 3D
>everything is cute
>stiff animations make them less intimidating
>more restrained original designs
the only 3D designs i thought lived up to the 2D standards were the coffin demons from V, the pineapples from nexus and the big turtle in southern shrine

>hurr let me use a term used for real time games that have enrage timers and therefore need a specific amount of damage done in a certain to not die

Make sure to mash A as fast as you can to maximize that DPS bro

How much lolibutt is there?

>Golem
Alright, sure, but Golem's literally always been an ass to fight. Apes are tankier than they should be, but they're not that threatening. The FOEs melt to Ice, so unless you eat a bad turn of instakill, they're a non-issue. The puzzles themselves aren't even hard if you can realize how to pace your battles and how the FOEs move. At most the area is tedious, it ain't really that hard.

The encounter rate is cancerous and you can't get past Galaeas if they move at all. You can't even engage them by running into them, you have to let them join a battle.

>The encounter rate is cancerous
The only time I'd really say it's cancerous is that one room with the treasure chest that you're forced to either ORKO/escape or kill the FOE at the end of the room to get the chest.

>he wants to do a slow battle of attrition where he has to refuel on amritas and shit
>he doesnt want to set up two turns of buffs then just fucking dumpster an entire boss's health in one turn with a five man synergy squad
i bet he stills runs a protector and medic

3 steps per encounter is pretty cancerous regardless of FOEs. If you step on the vines it instantly pops from 0 danger straight into combat.

>If you step on the vines it instantly pops from 0 danger straight into combat.
Yeah, that's part of the puzzle for the area. You try to bypass it you get punished.

Sad about the way Dark Hunter got snubbed, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. I haven't finished yet, but so far I'd say I liked V more.

Skipped just like 5.

>7th dragon: first game is great, arts amazing
>they immediately switch to 3D for the follow up games: they all look fucking awful

I hoped to beat Nexus by the end of the month but I'm only starting the 7th stratum and apparently there's like 13 in this game. I'd probably be going smoothly if my War Magus wasn't a useless waste of a slot. Don't fall for the fang meme like I did

More like your just retarded

>Arcanist is a utility monster, handling all your binding and ailment needs with the highest LUK in the game and some healing on the side
>Gunner is a physical damage monster, also has decent binds and stun
>Hero is obviously pushed since they're the mascot of Nexus
>Sovereign is totally unmatched at party buffing, something that's been severely nerfed/removed on other classes
>all of these classes give some amount of healing meaning you don't need a Medic or War Magus at all
While they addressed some balance problems they unintentionally created other ones. Funny part is the very first party I made contained all the broken classes simply by liking the girls (especially blonde Princess), which has never happened to me before, usually I end up with dead weight.

Zodiacs are also the worst looking class, by far.

I hope we someday get something similar to what 7th Dragon does.

delet this

Attached: zodiacurafaget.png (429x800, 49K)

are you running a proper party my dude?

Nope, we're getting EO 2020 next

Arcanist is actually pretty shit since his base bind/ailment chance is an ass. I greatly prefer powerful situational party heals from harb over it.
Also running a passive heal team with highlander is hilarious for looking at hp bar ping pong

Now that's objectively wrong.

Attached: 46332372_p0.png (744x1052, 1.12M)

She’s least bad looking, but the poses don’t help either.

>EO2U ends with Fafnir fucking off somewhere into the direction of Armoroad
>there's a page in the art book where he is found by Olympia, another purple haired girl associated with royalty
>no EO3U that could bring the closure to his and Arianna's story

Attached: 1547945792128.jpg (771x208, 160K)

how can you hate this boi?

Attached: plattyboi.png (411x240, 96K)

>tfw no EO3U with playble Seafarers, summon lines for Wildlings and Yggroids that aren't shit

>came for the cute and funny art designs
>stayed for the dungeon crawling team build comp autism
Where do I go after Nexus? Do i just play all of them in release order?

I dunno, I've never had issues landing binds/ailments with my Arcanist, though I did subclass her as a Harbringer and max out both Status ATK Up. You get total ailment and bind coverage that way and your shit will basically never miss unless the enemy is immune.

>MC is a custom made Yggdroid who also doubles down as the best caster in series
>main girl is a friendly amnesiac Deep One

There's a bunch of comics on the front and back covers of the art book, and it had commentary by Himukai and Komori saying how it's just all their wild speculations

Take your pick between 4, 5, untold 1 or untold 2. 4 lacks a bunch of QOL (like running in the labyrinths) but it's still decent. Untold 1 and 2 are remakes of the first two games and are both fantastic. 5 was Atlus's attempt at going back to basics so it hasn't got a lot of bells and whistles, but all the classes and monsters are totally unique (though not so much now that you've played Nexus, which reused a bunch of its monsters and bosses).

>he didn't ask for Etrian Odyssey Online on the Atlus survey
step up lads

Is a link party worth it? My party is Hero/Landsknect/Shogun/Gunner/Harbinger

>link party
unbased
do warrior's might instead

>not an EO dating sim

I'm still mad about the Fenrir model.

>even if EO does come to switch, it won't be the same without the second screen
oh well, I should be thankful nexus even came out

I never tried a link/chain party before in any of the games so I wanted to see what it was like.

so im recruiting people and so far iv come up with
Hero | Harbinger | Ronin
Arcanist | Gunner
is this ok, any tips or modifications

Attached: 1423178972561.jpg (588x800, 338K)

My only complaint is subclasses were introduced too late
>Not asking for EO mobile

This will sound weird, but throw your Ronin in the back row at the start. Air Blade is a ranged attack that crits while in any stance and it's dirt cheap to spam. That alone can carry you until level 40 where you can play around with a more optimized build.

sovereign would be better than arcanist in your team
arcanist and harb overlap as debuffers

what are some good fencer chain setups in EO5? Currently running fencer, masurao, dragoon, healer, warlock

Attached: __fencer_sekaiju_no_meikyuu_5_and_etc_drawn_by_sakura_ani__1b729ca15064f1cafbe670ecf42a799c.jpg (716x1000, 137K)

Just started it up yesterday. Hows a team of Hero/Protector Zodiac/Survivalist/Arcanist look?

From what I hear it's very weak in Nexus. I'm not running one myself as I wanted to do something different after using them in 4 and 5 though so I can't really tell you what's wrong with it.

Thanks for the tip
I thought arcanist was just binds/ailments while harbinger has debuff and ailment so how do they overlap unless I’m missing something, also, I know sovereign is a no brainer in almost any party but I’ve used them to exhaustion in any game that allowed them and wanted to change things out

I've consigned myself to beating the superboss in EO4 with a land/land and sniper/medic/sniper team just because I can't be bothered to level any other classes. If you had to use this team comp, how would you handle it?

>unless I’m missing something,
charm eye
atrophic eye

>Throwing in Harbinger + Nightseeker or any other damage dealer is a very popular set up.
I thought doing it would be an edgy meme, but I guess gunner really hard carries my team.

Do I need to play the originals or can I go
3>Untold 1>Untold 2>4>5>Nexus

Do 4 before the untold games otherwise you'll feel bad because you can't run in 4

Looks cute and funny

You could always just use another fencer. Warlock works well but you won't see great results until the 3rd stratum.

Attached: 1530575171535.jpg (476x640, 101K)

L/M for stardrop/proficiency dps boost
S/B for shockwave phase two, obvious blood surge
make the medic do dances or something useful for le deeps
do whatever landy #2, maybe RINKUSU with obvious furry subclass for bloodsurge, shockwave second phase

are you going chems or no chems?

That's possibly the least suited party for the EO4 superboss you could have. You're going to struggle to kill its arms due to low AOE and take massive, massive damage in return.

Ah, sorry sorry

What would be the go-to pics for big dick damage, I’m thinking
imperial/highlander/x
Gunner/sovereign
Not sure about 5th slot, maybe a debuffer. Would a party like this work from the get go or will it be a painful early game

I wouldn’t, get at least an arcanist or some decent aoe

Shogun?

You don't have to, but it'll give you a better appreciation. Then again, I think there's only about four people left in all of Yea Forums who have played 1 and 2 to completion instead of playing them for an hour just to complain about them, so it's not like you'd be able to discuss them with anyone.

Does Hero Battle work with Warrior Might? Will Shogun seppuku himself with Warrior Might? How many chases can I expect to get from Warrior Might before dying? Will Chase Heal chase Warrior Might?

>highlander/hero/sov/arc/gunner
>there's so much passive healing going around i can literally spam legion moves and still trigger heroic bonds next turn

Attached: 1520077649038.png (647x847, 743K)

Yes
No
5, 6 at most unless you get a heal inbetween
No one uses Medics

Sounds fine

Attached: 1550418030103.jpg (700x554, 322K)

warrior might is rough to live through, takes 3~ to kill you at max HP.

max HP raising effects are your best friend and let you freely go ham, drains are OK at letting you scrape by

What is this expression trying to convey?

Working on my team now, this is my first EO. Redpill me on the Shogun.

Attached: 1518144918871.gif (500x349, 375K)

See

Sounds like a rad class.
Just need to decide the rest of my team then.

Attached: mikabonk2.gif (100x100, 24K)

Good luck! It took me 45 minutes to pick my team even though I'm familiar with the series.

kotaku.com/etrian-odyssey-nexus-is-busting-my-balls-and-it-s-total-1832800625

I'm doing chems. I'd actually grind a party if I were skipping them.

So does Stardrop stun have a reasonable success against bosses? My first attempt, I just went in guns blazing with massive links plus sniper's multihit move, but I'm not opposed to a more technical setup.

It's a shame, it worked well against every boss except for maybe the final, which it did eventually work by just shitting out so much damage there wasn't a need to AoE to kill the arms. A single link combo brought him to phase 2 once the arms were down, but health was always an issue.

it's good, so far I got to Waterfall Woods. The devs did some clever things despite all the recycling.

not finished yet

Attached: top_0163.png (400x240, 152K)

Kvasir has really grown on me over the course of the game.

make one of each class and use the xp sharing item you get before long, I've made changes to my team multiple times when I was disappointed in a class.
don't link Kotaku newshit

>tfw blindsided by a boss

I did Harbinger Fencer Pugilist, Warlock Rover
Chain Killer that could fall back on Ice Chain if needed

Really fun, but haven't played today because of work. Currently at Lv100 so I should keep going through the posy-game labyrinth.

Attached: 70061127_p0.png (1024x1446, 710K)

>decide to give EOU2 a go
>use force boost with fafnir knight
>finally understand the no more gays meme

>dub

Attached: 1508573667364.jpg (225x216, 44K)

Post progress:

>Team
>Labyrinth
>Favorite class
>Favorite song

Attached: 1550428117594.jpg (678x854, 116K)

Dunno, never used them

>team
Protector/Highlander | War Magus/Imperial | Harbinger/Nightseeker
Zodiac/Imperial | Medic/Sovereign
>Labyrinth
Northern Shrine
>favourite class
Zodiac's fun to watch, but I've also started to enjoy my Harbinger finally
>favourite song
youtube.com/watch?v=brPskDEr7CU

>Progress
Under water grotto

>Favorite class
By game mechanics Sovereign, by design the Dancers from 4

>Favorite song
Petal Bridge

So, which damage skills should I take as hero? Ilusions or elemental attacks? I already have 3 guys at front row

Hoist the Sword is an amazing remix and it would be my absolute favorite EO song if it weren't for V's End of Raging Waves.

Attached: 1549976180571.png (1600x1200, 2.88M)

>you can date the monsters

Hero/Highlander/Shogun
Sovereign/Farmer, all MALE

I just unlocked subclassing at level 50, farmer + shogun exp buffs broke the game in half. Now I'm just trying to hoard money for the 500,000 gold armor sets so no one gets equipment upgrades

Attached: fesfes.jpg (540x443, 28K)

DAAAA HAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1549677118218.png (400x240, 137K)

I'd a Deep One.

>reach stairs
>want to keep exploring
>have enough TP and inventory space to do so
>end up going back to town because im worried the NPCs got new dialogue
>they didn't
bring back dialogue per floor

It feels odd that they used the older portraits for each game's class rather than new make new portraits. This makes them all look way too weird when checking the units.

My first Etrian Odyssey game, enjoying the ride so far, gotten to the Waterfall Woodlands and having a hell of a good time so far. I had to change my party composition a little bit after the Wyvern and Golem fight though, so I have one person a little weaker than the rest of the party now after grinding them up with a different party squad.

Main party is Highlander, Pugilist, and Nightseeker; Sovereign and Protector.

Secondary party (mostly for gathering/map completion) is Imperial, Shogun; Farmer, Ninja, and Survivalist

Any tips you'd recommend or minor suggestions? Please no cheese strats or anything of that sort.

Attached: 1516590004525.jpg (842x1200, 682K)

Me too

Attached: 1546831239132.jpg (800x1067, 188K)

Max Afterimage. Mirage Sword is a good cheap skill that with max Afterimage will always summon a clone. Frigid Slash, Spark Blade and Wide Bravery are very good skills. The first two are elemental attacks with Spark Blade dealing huge damage if the monster is resistant to cut, while Wide Bravery is a good AoE skill if you make sure to equip light equipment like boots.

Is there a way to change the color from that ridiculous hair strand on the hero?

I heard you can download the portraits of the classes that didn't made it in and use them for your characters. Can you customize them too?

depends on whether you could customize them before
example: dumb bunnies can be customized while arbalist nee-chan can't

Almost all of them are a no to that, except most of the EO5 portraits that had the option to previously.

Marking out FOE routes and lines of sight on your map is incredibly helpful so you don't get surprised by them.

EO5 being the exception makes it really weird since most of their human classes got in so it'd be out of place to substitute something else for another class

Unfortunately no. That's why I ended using a Highlander portrait instead.

>Team
War Magus/Protector/Ronin
Arcanist/Ninja
>Labyrinth
8th Labyrinth
>Favourite class
S T I C C (even if she's nerfed in Nexus)
>song
Honestly... I don't really pay attention to it. Or at least nothings grabbed me yet in Nexus. But here's this from V.
youtu.be/IpCJK-alNqc

>Paint under your doors
>Keep an eye out for shortcuts and do as many events throughout the dungeons as you can
>Get more farmers for your farmer party, they rake in the cash
>Pay attention to turn numbers and enemy patterns, mostly applies to bosses and FOEs
>Imperial works good with a Sovereign that has elemental buffs, Pugilist is a little weak but has reliable binding, consider swapping them
>Never turn on total auto-mapping
>Keep up with your bar quests and talking to the patrons, sometimes they'll give you useful info or tips

Attached: 15187641_p1_master1200.jpg (689x725, 251K)

Forgot team
Landsknetch/Highlander/Sovereign
Sovereign/Survivalist

>painting under doors

Attached: 1472354113070.png (402x564, 119K)

>spoiler

Attached: 1550703804025.jpg (353x337, 91K)

>paint under doors
do you paint under stairs too? you neanderthal

>Team
Hero/Protector
Zodiac/Medic/Arcanist
>Labyrinth
Beat the game in nip already, up to Waterfall Woods in burger.
>Favorite class
Hexer. In Nexus it'd have to be Arcanist.
>Favorite song
youtube.com/watch?v=14U64jWO85s
3's OST in general is still the best in the series. Just wish it had a fucking 6th stratum battle theme.
>spoiler
You aren't supposed to mix your shitposting with your legitimate advice. Also
>master1200
learn 2 Pixiv right

Pugilist / Ronin / Harbinger / Arcanist / Gunner
Final Labyrinth B3
Necromancer overall, in this game Pugilist
I play with the game muted so I don't have one

Attached: NA_fixedEONGCARD.png (400x480, 206K)

>ever playing a game muted

For what purpose

Attached: 66633873_p6.jpg (1181x1748, 157K)

Not him but not only do I paint under doors, I also paint under stairs and shortcuts

>and shortcuts
You had me going until here, nobody actually does this.

I usually play while watching a twitch stream so I have that sound on instead

Shit palette taste bro

zoomers enjoy dungeon crawlers?

>Imperial, Ronin; Medic, Harbinger, Ninja
>Stratum 5
>Favorite designs: Loli Fortress, Mecha Yggdroids, and Scruffy Medic + Blonde Medic; Favorite classes: Imperial and Medic (always self insert my waifu as her)
>EOX's FOE theme is surprisingly good despite how utterly nonthreatening it is youtu.be/EAvdekbfnvI

Attached: 1517181698447.jpg (1000x711, 330K)

Do the hero’s afterimage attacks get damage penalty when they spawn on the backrow? I already have 3 on the front so having them spawn on the back seems useless

EO is a zoomer game. It began on the NDS which is still relatively recent.

Will a hero+arcanist be enough healing?

wtf I want to sniff that loli's butt

Iv painted shortcuts yellow with an arrow on top since I started with the first game, fuck off and stop map shaming

I want you in every DRPG thread from here on out.

We're only jesting

Attached: 1524966836666.png (1313x744, 2.17M)

It's good passive healing but you might have an issue if someone gets focused down.

>team
Hero Ronin
Ninja Harbinger Gunner
>progress
Western Shrine
>favorite class
Ninja
>favorite song
I dunno, I miss the FM tracks for the most part, when it comes to Nexus. End of Raging Winds is probably my favorite post-FM track.

Petrify abuse teams are fun though. Randoms give me more trouble than bosses. I keep shuffling members every couple stratums, and will do the same after this Shrine. Looking to drop Hero, Gunner, and maybe Harbinger, unless max Ephemeral Reap delivers what I'm hoping for.

Attached: top_0086.png (400x240, 145K)

Responding to myself.

>Ronin - Hero / Sovereign - Gunner - Medic
>14th Labyrinth, B2F
>Dancer. Sovereign in Nexus
>Nexus' Hoist the Sword and Pride in the Heart. Holy shit what an amazing remix

Attached: Heaven Guild Lv100.png (400x480, 181K)

>aim to

>Team
>Hero, who I don't know who to sub with.
>Ronin, who got subbed with Nightseeker that just spams Helm Smash Splitter
>Farmer, subbed Arcanist, who's been there since day 1 with max 30% experience bonus and the Memory Conch
>Gunner, who I don't who to sub with that hits with binds and Riccochet when he's got time
>Medic, subbed Sovereign, for general healing

See, I am good at making solitary powerhouses, but I never had the knack for team symbiosis. So I'll make it to the final boss, but probably won't beat him and the post game will be brutal.

I'm out of the loop. There's been another game after V? I really need to finish EOIV.

stop playing bad games because of the female chatacter.

just watch r34 porn

Nexus, it has been out for like two weeks already, it's a celebration of the series so it has several returning classes and maps.

EO is unironically the best JRPG series though.

X/Nexus
Been out for months in nip, it's a celebration of the series as a whole.
Luckily we can have our cake and eat it too with EO.

Hero/Harbinger/Pugilist
???/Arcanist

What classes should I replace and what should ??? be?

Attached: 1504151417533.gif (100x100, 20K)

Obviously Sovereign or Gunner. Or you can be badass and choose Zodiac.

>stop playing bad games because of the female character
But I make an all guys team of bros though and enjoy the gameplay. EOI Gunner, EOIV Medic, Highlander and Dragoon are best boys.

Stupid game wants you to do half the fucking work, blow it UP yo own ass

Sovereign is fucking insane, go with that. Sov's buffs heal so they are literally doing 2 jobs at once.

based homoposter

Sovereign it is. My only concern is that I fear the team might be low in damage with that setup.

Attached: DMC 23.gif (538x466, 155K)

When do you actually get Amiritas? I have been stockpiling them, but at Labyrinth 10, I am concerned how they are still rare as gold.

They're the conditional of the gels in the 7th labyrinth that you need to kill while asleep to get.

Pretty sure it's the conditional drop from the cube slimes in the Ancient Forest.

>When do you actually get Amiritas?
Can't you farm them in the first stratum? Just toss Warp Wires into the box there and you'll get Amritas on occasion.

Hero and Pugilist have fucking insane damage and Harbinger's is pretty good too, especially with him weakening enemies.

Well shit, that's what I get for not caring about conditional drops.

>Pugilist
>fucking insane damage
Literally every time I've heard them brought up it's to bitch about how hard they've been nerfed and how they're basically useless now.

I’m going with
Hero | ronin | harbinger
Gunner | X
Not sure if I should rock a sovereign or an arcanist for the last slot, sure the gunner could be binding and the reaper applying ailments/debuff rendering the arcanist useless but those turns spent debuffing are turns the gunner/reaper could be charging up for big damage

Whoops, was going by EOV, sorry, Pug is one of the classes I haven't used yet in Nexus. My main team in EON is Hero/ Harbinger/ Highlander/ Sovereign/ Gunner. If you are worried about Pugilist not being good, there is Ronin and Highlander who do great damage. Nightseeker might be good too in conjunction with your Harbinger.

They just went from absurdly broken to kept in balance checks, shitters whine they're harder to utilize until their last skills.

Sov would probably be the best choice, it's stupidly versatile and with Harbinger doing the ailments and debuffs, your Arcanist would be relegated to healer. And Sovereign's defense buffs would be great for making your front line hardier.

So what’s more fun when it comes to big dick damage, ronin or highlander. Never used any of them on the previous games

I've actually been running that exact party with a sovereign and it's been pretty solid, I'm up to the south shrine right now. The only problem I've really had is clearing party wide ailments/binds since hero can only get one row, and elemental damage is gonna hit pretty hard too.

I don't think PUG is useful for anything. I think gunner has an easier time landing binds and eventually does better damage with elemental shots, all while having a but more party utility and being able to stay in the back line. I just swapped out my pug for a harbinger because I needed to panic a conditional and I don't think I'm going to put my pug back in.

Good thing I was using memory conch and have at least two of every class made. I've always been a semi ground autist and it helps allot in this game when particular comps/classes might not be cutting it.

What's wrong with full auto mapping

Floor tiles are fine, but walls are just bad on the player's part.

> Good thing I was using memory conch and have at least two of every class made.
Best thing you could have done, let’s you switch party comps on the fly to tackle specific bosses or shit

>Trab not using a bow

Did the devs fuck up and not allow her to do so this time?

I'm in the mood to play EO, anons. Decide which 3DS game I should play and team I should use.

>Best thing you could have done
Just pirate the EXP DLC brah.

Pugilist can synergize with Highlander's hp loss traits to increase it's own damage output and get binding done just fine at his current state of the game. Granted a Harbinger or Imperial would be fine in that spot as well.

You have a critical part of the game's design done for you instead of taking the time to do it on your own + write keynotes or other important things down that automapping doesn't cover. Why have the game play itself partially?

Do a hero solo of nexus.

Finish V for me
Run with land/fencer/pugilist
Warlock/potato

EOX, do a Konosuba playthrough then proceed to hate yourself.

Attached: 1509769741605.png (949x896, 535K)

Okay I beat IV a while ago and I've got Untold 1&2, V and nexus on my 3ds.
Which one am I supposed to start next?

Attached: 1489345425067.jpg (875x1000, 226K)

Sure
Will do, user.

Well I'm in the fifth dungeon and haven't noticed any lack of anything mapwise. This is my first game and drawing the map yourself seems more like an actual role playing mechanic that I'm not interested in at the moment. I enjoy putting the little icons and using the scopes to mark initially, but drawing the entire map would slow me down too much.

Not him, but debating a Nexus solo myself desu.
Currently up between Survivalist, Ninja, and Highlander. Or maybe a Farmer party run.
Don't plan on doing a Hero only run right now because it seems like a really obvious pick for a solo run, as silly as that sounds.

cunny versus loli

which is best?

>fighting Blizzard King
>can easily get conditional
>kills my Ronin, try to revive her and heal in that order
>core resonates and kills her again
>go to destroy the core with Quick Aim Charged Volt from Gunner so she can survive next turn
>Multishot activates and kills the dragon before I can revive
>no conditional, Ronin gets no Exp

This is bullshit.

Attached: 63011183_p5.png (388x364, 117K)

Doesn’t really matter but if I were you I would play U1 really quick because it blows, then U2, V then nexus

Loli.

What’s the difference

Loli cunny

Fuck off nigger, this is a good thread

First etrian game. Expert or standard?

what party would that be sir

Heroic. Go big or go home.

But how hard is expert

Attached: too sweaty.jpg (300x900, 119K)

Heroic, it’s not that hard, it will just force you to think about party comps and setups, and if you need help regarding that, read the thread, plenty of combos being discussed

I wanna use a Pirate and Wildling in EO3, somebody make the rest of my party

Not hard enough, heroic is JUST right

Expert is the "hard mode," but it's the "intended" difficulty. Normal's mostly there as easy mode and for grinding levels a bit more safely.

Heroic is exactly the same as Expert, but if you switch off to, say Normal, you can't switch back, so it';s mostly there to prove you never broke even once.

Picnic is baby's first video game and you can legit autobattle your way through virtually everything. If you pick this you might as well just throw your DS out the window because you're not really playing it.
Picking Picnic also permanently locks you to Picnic, so really don't pick it ever.

Expert is the default difficulty of the whole series, Standard is pretty much easy mode. If you're playing Nexus then go Heroic, it's the same difficulty as Expert but it will give you a nice badge, the difference is that you're not allowed to change difficulty or it will lock you out from Heroic.

Picnic is baby mode, don't ever pick that, because if you do you won't be able to increase the difficulty in Nexus.

Heroic mode it is. Just gotta work out a guild name, which is where the real difficulty starts.

Attached: please be slow.jpg (930x772, 63K)

Based Guild

Godspeed user. Wait till you have to make 5 characters out of the 19 available classes.

Expert is normal mode
Standard is easy mode, I think it's 120% damage dealt and 80% damage received.
Picnic is super baby mode with 500% damage dealt, 15% damage received,and 150% exp gained

>He thinks choosing a guild name is the only hard part

Oh, if only you knew. It took me 7 hours to make one character per class.

Attached: 1478313695191.jpg (480x533, 75K)

So Landsknect is pretty much made to pair with Shogun, right?

I can name characters easily since I can just names from my D&D characters

Attached: kots.jpg (1024x853, 79K)

>Not asking for Made In Abyss game using EO gameplay

answer me niggers

Attached: 1501200555983.jpg (501x758, 117K)

> pick guild name
> pick party comp
> choose portrait and pick colors
> find a voice that fits
> name them
Man, starting is always such a hussle but nothing feels better than having all that set and doing your first fight with your hand made party

I know it's a bad game but I'm feeling really nostalgic for EO1. Prob going to go a no medic run, I know I won't be able to beat the final bosses but I'd rather 90% of the game be challenging and rewarding than 90% trivialised. Not too sure on party but I guess PL/AST, still feels cookie cutter but I think with no medic this is going to be plenty difficult.

I just need to figure out how to stop my cartridge from freezing all the time, I've heard you can just wedge some paper under the pcb board but I'm nervous I'll just break the damn thing entirely

Attached: ragelope.png (800x1492, 1.59M)

I used names from my many characters from the older games, it didn't make it easier I tell you. You'll suffer even more when you're given the option to name your subclasses.

Attached: 1550457613553.jpg (500x500, 173K)

> tfw can make brown loli and brown titty elf
If this game had runemaster it would be 10/10

Attached: FA97C41E-C89B-4A49-9AD2-5C6FFAB3F899.jpg (184x184, 5K)

Do a Pug solo and become the god fist

I just made random noises until something sounded good, then tried to make a name with it. Hence how I ended with such colorful characters as
>Farlen the 9th(Farlen IX), Hero
>Marduke the Imperial
>Cherika the Harbinger
>Rose the Arcanist
>Zillia the Zodiac

Oh, another tip: After you've made your main party, make 4 Farmers and a Survivalist.This is your Farming Party. Your farmers should take their gathering skill, and one should max out Safe Stroll so they dont ahve to worry about encounters. The Survivalist should take their gathering skill, and then the skill that increases your backpack space. If you ever run low on money, send these guys out to gathering spots for a shitload of items to sell.

Early on you get an accessory that grants 10% of the party's gained experience to every character on the bench(ie, not in the active party). This doesnt sound like much, but keep in mind a full party of 5 gets 20% of the total exp each, so it's actually better than it sounds. This is how your farming party will be gaining their levels.

Adding to this, a farming party is not that required to have in Nexus but is a nice comodity. Talking about the 10% exp accessory, the Memory Conch, it's always recommended to make one character per class so if you ever feel the need of replacing someone from your team, you can always do it with a character with a couple of levels already in it.

Attached: 63012069_p0.png (1000x588, 636K)

True, the farming party isn't required, or even necessary. But still handy to have if you find yourself in a bind for cash for whatever reason. Nexus throws assloads of money at you late game though, so my farming party hasn't really seen any use since the 6th laby outside of farming item spots for whatever I need to quests.

Also considered Shogun as another possibility. The real chad solo.

Not him but probably a pure sponge Protector (Darkness), useless Medic (Aqua), and Zodiac with nothing but Fire abilities casting once per dungeon/until you rest at an inn? (Megumin). Kazuma can be a Nightseeker since high LUK + uses a katana but thats a bit of a stretch.

>Team
Running an 8-man squad
Protector (holding the Memory Conch)
Two of Nightseeker, Imperial, or Shogun
Two of Medic, Sovereign, Zodiac, or Arcanist
>Labyrinth
Northern Shrine
>Favorite Class
In Nexus, Nightseeker
In the series, Dancer
>Favorite Song
youtube.com/watch?v=BXcmF3TcZm4

Attached: EOU Death Squad.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

>here's an asshole that can wipe your entry party with instant death if you don't focus them first
>here's another asshole that will insta kill you if you don't kill them first
>wait, what if we combined the two?

>Team
X/Hero
Princess/Gunner/Harbinger
X is either Shogun or Nightseeker, I'm still experimenting
>Labyrinth
The first EO3 labyrinth and wolves den mini dungeon
>Fav class
Hero, default loli version
>Fav song
no idea, almost everything is reused so far, but the EO3 remix gave me a nostalgia rush

Bump

Doesn't matter if Storm Emperor is the easier of the dragons, AoE debuff with a chance of instakill is and will always be bullshit.

Attached: 1478353726938.jpg (600x668, 203K)

Why does this series attract so much ryona and guro art?

Is this official art?

You must be blind if you can't tell whether it is or not.

Attached: 12.png (637x481, 354K)

I rarely see guro art of EO. As cruel as some missions and texts might be regarding dead explorers, people would rather focus more on the lighthearted exploration and the cute characters.

No. Is very easy to identify Himukai's art.

Attached: 1524628236272.png (800x670, 944K)

>backrow harbinger
I like my harbinger on the front row solely to soak agro from my other front liners. With the defense boost from black shroud and the healing from spirit absorb harbinger is actually pretty good at tanking damage

Her ass looks squishy and fat, so I guess it is not?

Something about having your team of five lolis get absolutely devastated by a fucking deer or kangaroo causes something to awaken in many fanartists, I imagine.

I definitely see an above average amount of guro art compared to other series. But maybe there's not more and people just post it more often compared to other series.

Attached: 1505703234750.png (700x697, 564K)

This Hoplite Protector comes to your guild asking for help to become stronger. Be aware that she will forget how to use her shield at the beginning but is eating well enough that she's growing on the right parts.

Would you protect that smile?

Attached: 1549843541008.png (495x537, 58K)

I don't use him to attack at all, if he's not spamming atk/def debuffs he's using reaps for ailments. The Hero keeps spawning an afterimage almost every turn, I don't like swapping characters between rows
So far it's working fine

oh right, I forgot that hero uses the empty space.

Attached: 1523113064262.jpg (554x548, 37K)

No because it's her job to be my meat shield

Attached: 1550690902002.png (889x754, 642K)

>discussing and asking about party comp
what the fuck is wrong with you? That's the most fun part of the game, mixing things out and discovering them yourself.

Attached: 1547507458243.gif (200x226, 113K)

SCANS FUCKING WHEN?

Want to get back into EO after dropping 3 & 4 early. Is it normal to be super conservative with TP early on? Does TP management get easier later on?

Having fun so far.
Though it's getting to a point where my front-liners stand a good chance of getting one shot if the Protector doesn't get his auto-taunt off.
(Just hit the Southern Shrine, most bullshit thing in the last dungeon was fish-combo.)

Protector, Shogun, Ronin
Medic, Gunner

>need to panic the wolf for his special drop
>maxed status up harbinger can't panic it after 15 attempts
>get the codex
>it's resistant to panic
Fuck you japs this should be enough attempts with maxed status up, this should be the absolute limit if attempts actually

>who I don't know who to sub with
The usual consensus is to sub Imperial. You will probably have to give up on stuff like Wide Bravery but gunblades hit a lot harder than regular swords and Accel Drive under the Force Boost will absolutely destroy anything it touches.

Depends a lot on the class. Generally speaking though, yes. So long as you don't level some skills too much, you'll be able to spend TP relatively easily. You have to play with a conservative mindset for early game, though.

>progress
Southern Shrine, though currently trying to finish Alpha Plains. Anyone know when I'll be able to get subclasses? In the other games, you're usually able to get them by the 3rd dungeon, but progression is silly in this game.
>team
Imperial|Protector|Shogun
Sovereign|Gunner
>favorite class
In this game, of the ones currently on my team, my favorite is Imperial. Something about the big dick damage and TP restore just makes me hard.
>favorite song
Ooh. Good question. Probably theFallen Capital of Shinjuku from Le Millenom Girl. Is song in Nexus?

Some of the boss drops are probably going to drive you nuts then.

Yes. I really like the EMD version too, aside from that stupid chanting at the beginning.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sHzK7YoQ8

Sub classes are in dungeon 8. You get it before the boss and you can't miss it, so don't worry too much.

Anyone else bought EO Nexus but trying to finish up another game before starting it? I'm working on completing Monster Hunter Stories but it feels like it's 100 hours long.

I only buy games I know I'm gonna play immediately otherwise I wait for them to go on sale

You filled the Atlus survey asking for more EO right guys?

We will get more EO retard but not for the 3ds and probably under a diferent name.

>pretending you don't have a backlog

Attached: 18946518945.jpg (230x238, 9K)

We already know there's another one coming though. tfw no PC port option for EO

I explicitly told them I love Etrian Odyssey the most out of all their series.
Nexus does really feel final though, a big "thank you" to the people who stuck with EO long enough for it to get to EOV. Nothing henceforth will be like it because nothing has two screens. Might be more like some sort of Vita crawler if it keeps going.

I bet it's mobile gacha now that they've licked the gacha money from Dx2 and made a sufficient dungeon crawling movement engine for Dx2 (Aura Gate). Nothing like EOS.

I wouldn't mind a EO mobile game, phones have long screens so it could work

>first boss immediately followed up by another boss
FUCK THIS GAME DONE WITH IT

playing anything on a phone is suffering
also the maps would be so small it'd make EO4's caves look like Wizardry IV

there's no reason the maps would have to be that small

How about random generated maps with auto mapping always on?

>implying
Mobage is for people with low attention spans who want flashy visuals and little happy rushes.

>random generated maps
gay

Just got to the boss of the 5th Stratum in Etrian Odyssey 5. Now that I know the gimmick of the mist, I'll remember to take some items with me to set up for the big attacks.

Attached: 1550755497469.jpg (280x280, 27K)

Should I play 5 or Nexus first?

>Implying that's a bad thing

what is the LORE like in this version? I have played all of them. how does it rank compared to other versions? my favorite is 4 so far.

uhh, maybe I wasn't being explicit enough
RANDOMLY GENERATED MAPS ARE FUCKING GARBAGE
ESPECIALLY WHEN HALF OF THE FUCKING GAME IS ABOUT MAPPING THE DUNGEON

The mapping it's just a gimmick I wouldn't call it half the game, maybe make story maps fixed and side and challenge maps random

it takes up half the screen real estate, and it's the major difference between this game and others of the same genre
if not exactly half, at least a large portion of the game is mapping

Attached: Dz-L_CbUcAERbJF.jpg (800x729, 129K)

>I rarely see guro art of EO.
The Pixiv tag is flooded with it.

I wanna stick my face in her ass.

i have no idea what to do with this pin

Don't bully the sleepy loli

Attached: 1537591852679.jpg (600x440, 186K)

nani nani?

harbinger is a bad status inflicter this time anyway

I want to suprise penetrate her while she's asleep at night so bad

who is the panic class then? Either way none of them can cast panic before 40, I think I saw Ninja and Nightseeker get it too.

Neither, play 3 or one of the Untolds.

Ninja's is 45%(Harb's is 30), targets all enemies, and has a way higher Luc whereas Reaps use the 2x Str+Luc formula which sucks due to their low Str value in Nexus
NS doesn't have panic
Arcanist has another party-wide panic but it won't trigger until the end of the turn and it's somewhat lower rate than Ninja(25%), probably higher than Harbinger though if you take stats into account

To add to there's also the gas item with a 30% inflict chance. For weapons there's a 10 attack sycthe that panics on hit and a katana that has a skill that can cause panic, but I don't know the inflict rates for these.

>Minna okaeri
I wonder how much art she has with a mouth full of cum. I hope it's a lot.

Why those? Are 5 and Nexus not as good?

I love the newer way Himukai draws the "distressed" expression.

Attached: Fae_Holiday_Dear_BtlFace_D.png (1684x1920, 826K)

5 and Nexus are okay, but early games should be played first

Do the games have a continuing story? I don't see why I shouldn't just jump into the newer games if they're as good as the old ones.

well, with regards to 3, there are QOL changes that come in later in the series
it also should be noted that Nexus references the past games though, even if the story isn't really contiguous with the other games

They basically only brought in the Barrage Brawler mastery from EOV, which is still really good at binding and they still get their amazing Clinch skill, but no more dealing hundreds of damage in the first dungeon with Overexertion and Thunder Fist memes

>Why those?
3 is the oldest game without a remake (1 and 2 have the Untolds) so you can basically play every other entry on the 3DS after you're done with it, and it doesn't have the QoL improvements of later games, meaning going back to it after completing later entries might be harder than it otherwise would be. I also think 3's the best EO game in the series but that's just me.
1 Untold I only really mentioned because it's a remake of the first EO game. Sure, it changes some plot elements in the remake, but by and large if you're wondering what makes the EO setting tick and want to see where the series started, it's a good enough pick.
2 Untold is probably my second favorite entry after 3, and is just a really tight experience all around. Much more modern QoL features which is really nice as well, and a lot better as an actual game than the original 2.

I don't suggest starting with Nexus since it's explicitly a massive crossover of every EO game prior to it, and the game design really plays upon prior player knowledge and expectations. If that doesn't matter to you though then go ahead and start with it.
I don't suggest 5 because I honestly thought 5 was boring as shit. That's probably because I realized how to break the game from like the 2nd Stratum up until the post-game superboss, though I also felt like the replacement for subclassing was really poorly implemented and the english localization being really fucking poor doesn't help matters either. 3rd stratum is cool though.
>Do the games have a continuing story?
Yes, though it's largely in the background, and most later entries usually only make passing references to the previous entries, be it cameos or other things.

Alright, I'll check them out. Thanks user

Oh, and if you find any of the EO games too difficult to play through but still want to try the series out, go with 4. 4's by far the easiest entry in the series.

>amazing Clinch skill
Good one.

Attached: 1549432705089.gif (308x458, 40K)

Nice, thanks for all the info user.

DAY OF THE BAKE
FUCKING
WHEN

I already have Nexus as a first series and if anything lore-wise it still works because it's basically setting up world-building.

Expert is the way EO is meant to be played and the difficulty around which it is balanced.
Heroic is Expert but you get a nice sticker for bragging rights if you beat the game on Heroic, also if you lower the difficuty from Heroic you can't go back to it.
Standard is Weenie Hut Jr.
Picnic is Super Weenie Hut Jr., also if you switch to it then that playthrough is locked to Picnic so everybody knows that you have the skills of a game journalist

Attached: picnic.png (1152x864, 1.03M)

I can't believe teach is fucking dead

Wait wh-what did they do to clinch?

Attached: 1492983080539.png (530x580, 315K)

35% inflict chance

Well just fuck my shit up then

Attached: 1499841164027.png (970x985, 865K)

How did you guys get through 30F in Untold? That shit was ridiculous. I think I cheesed every encounter with QR code torrents.

>How did you guys get through 30F in Untold?
Untold 1? You're literally going through Claret Hollows on ez modo compared to the original.

but muh immunize

Even including Immunize the maps are way fucking easier in Untold and the encounters are fairer.

currently running farmer/imperial/pug/zodiac/wawr magus

how garbage am i

I've heard that zodiac is shit
but you're also running farmer, so I don't know what to think

I sure hope you know what you're doing.

>war mage with no dedicated ailment inflicter
for what purpose?

Attached: 1539294850216.png (480x410, 150K)

I always run a very standard party for the most part.
>Phys Attacker/Tank
>Healer/Magic Attacker
Then one random class that looks neat, placed on either line.

It's still rather difficult. A great deal of instant kill enemies are what makes up the bulk of that though.

Maybe I based my expectations for the Untold Claret Hollows too much off of the original Claret Hollows, but I basically sleepwalked my way through the fucking thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=fwW9adcbP7k

What is the most big brain strategy you've used in these games?

I was expecting Abyssal God after looking at the thumbnail and I'm sorely disappointed.

>660 fucking turns
The price to pay for literally never dying.

>progress
withered forest
>team
hero/landy imperial/gunner
sovereign/ninja gunner/hero arcanist/medic
>favorite class
force boost sovereign is busted
>favorite song
the new waterfall woodlands arrange stunned me for a minute

killing a boss, only using Accel Drive

>50:07
>660 turns

Attached: 1503032013559.jpg (444x621, 57K)

ive been out of the loop for years
are 5 and nexus different games? I thought nexus was just the localized name for 5

Attached: 1498417533521.png (183x275, 4K)

They're separate games you brainlet.

>are 5 and nexus different games?
Totally different.
>I thought nexus was just the localized name for 5
The localized name for 5 is 5. Nexus is localized from X, or Cross.

>not farmer for last slot
0/10

Not every EO game has a farmer.

I have always stuck to a single party in EO games because grinding low level units takes too long. Is it OK to just pirate the EXP DLC to speed up the process or is that not considered fair in EO?

How good are the brownie classes, anyway? I fucking hate them. I hate looking at these stupid, ugly, malformed, midget-looking things. They disgust me. Can't I get away with reclassing a non-degenerate race if I really need to blaze it or shit out some buffs?

So long as you're not powergrinding your main party I don't see the issue with bringing others up to par, that's just a time saver. Just remember to rest if you overshoot your levels.

sorry i dont help potato haters

Attached: 1538596600137.png (600x670, 310K)

The potatoes did nothing wrong

Isn't conch shell enough?

They did everything wrong. They exist. They are an offense to nature and my eyes. I hope the potatoes all move to Ireland, where they might be struck by disease and die or perhaps be eaten by the natives.

the speed union is pretty good

you can just change their portrait so they don't look like a potato

Attached: 1523037881668.png (707x1000, 724K)

They really didn't. They look reasonably cute and I see no real issues with them. Honestly didn't expect a fanbase so full of lolicons to react so adversely to potatoes. Sure it's not the same body type and they're very small, but it's not like they're some sort of affront to the term, like lalafels (which I'm told they were inspired by). Himukai did a good job on the art, they have solid gardener outfits and really look the part of Herbalists. The shaman ones are cute but not as ideal, I always imagine shaman more in the style of Shaman King or spindly old men.

I largely agree with your sentiments, user. 2U is absolutely fantastic, though I'd probably put it as my favourite of the lot, and I also found 5 incredibly lacklustre. I'd probably rate the series something like
2U > 4 > 3 > 5 > 1U
People give 4 shit for being easy and splitting up the labyrinths, but I quite liked the world map and I thought it had the best story of the first four games, without being as intrusive as the Untold story modes, along with the best soundtrack.

Christ, I picked IV back up just to dip my toes in again and wasted my suspend save getting mauled by invisible FOE's.
>welcome back to Etrian Odyssey, motherfucker.

Attached: bar.jpg (264x324, 78K)

lalafells are abominations though, brownies are pure cute

Attached: 1458510580448.jpg (560x764, 88K)

Day of the bake soon, brother.

I completed the game without using any of them, so you can too.

They're both terrible.

Yeah I know, hence why I termed lalafels an "affront" to the term "potatoes." Brownies are generally pretty well designed, again moreso towards Herbalists though. They remind me of the shopkeepers I saw in some old JRPG I emulated an aeon ago.

>and I thought it had the best story of the first four games
I honestly can't even remember what 4's plot was besides
>get to tree

brainlet here
is there any reason to NOT just have a farmer with items for statuses? why would i ever prefer curse throw or a curse circle instead of a curse gas from a farmer with high luck

Attached: 1550245321959.png (179x159, 12K)

Wait, does user luck actually affect item inflict rates? I thought that shit was static?

Mostly when you realize status effects have very high diminishing returns.

Farmer is the items class, so yeah, gas the kikes my dude.
I usually subclass farmer into survivalist or ninja for the ultimate utility or dodge ability.

i have no idea what the item rates are or if they're static

i just assumed they scaled for some dumb reason

can you negate farmer's self sleep lullaby another skill/passive? or is that a pipe dream

Ronin Sovereign Imperial
Harbinger Zodiac

I shouldn't get any *blocks your path* FOE with this setup, right?

At max level farmers have 216 luc while ninjas have 200 and arcanists have 193. Ninjas have better inflict chance on skills for sleep, petrify, and panic. Arcanists can use gas with a circle down for 2 chances to inflict a turn without force. All three are good in their own way.
Blind/Paralysis Gas: both are 80% speed, 40% infliction rate
Poison Gas: 80% speed, 45% infliction rate, 50 poison factor
Addle/Petrify Gas: both are 80% speed, 30% infliction rate
Curse/Sleep Gas: both are 80% speed, 50% infliction rate
Head/Arm/Leg Binder: all are 80% speed, 30% infliction rate

I dunno about the backline harb while you have a sovereign on the front.

If I liked lolis why would you assume I like ugly, pudgy creatures? I was disappointed by all the races, not just potatoes. They were just humans with different ears. But my biggest specific gripe was the merchant not being a cute girl.

well honestly Himukai can make anything look cute

Attached: 000.jpg (945x945, 180K)

all your survivability is going to come from that harbringer. meaty single target hits will probably punch through DEF ups and ATT downs and gib people

I don't assume you'd like them, rather just that you wouldn't hate them. They're pretty traditionally cute, in a similar way to chibi stuff. It's Himukai art, he really can't fuck up "cute." Maybe they aren't sexy or attractive to you, but they're certainly cute. Hell, you could slice off their faces and put them on a different childish body. He's a master.
I do remember there being a cut oni race or something from the art book for EOV that would have taken up the two extra class slots humans got.

>have killed almost every postgame boss except for Juggernaut and whoever are the last two bosses in the compendium
>have gotten their conditionals
>still haven't unlocked ultimate armor for Ronin, Gunner or Medic

How utterly annoying. I also need to refight the dragons because they have a second regular drop each one.

I don't hate them, just the one NPC. But they are boring. The whole different races thing was really unnecessary.

Help I'm in love with Napier

Attached: 1548676677092.jpg (512x384, 19K)

Wait he drew this?

Oh yeah the shopkeep. Idk I remember his voice being annoying.
I was expecting more from the different races thing. Maybe a playable FOE, like the Beast class but with a Ragelope in the party instead.

Same, she's so fucking attractive her face and voice make her a snakecharmer for my pants. When she asked me for her items I just gave them straight instead of asking because I'm practically in love with her, even if she's a greedy jew I'd become an even greater jew just for her.

Doubt it because it looks literally nothing like his style.

Man likes to shade shit BLACK

>Team
Hero NS Ronin
Sov Arc
>Labyrinth
the floor where you camp with Shilleka
>Favorite class
Ronin in Nexus, NS overall
>Favorite song
EO3 final boss theme, unsure about Nexus

Also the game's story didn't really involve them at all. It starts off listing the different legends but they end up forgotten.

oooooo
onushitachi ka

twitter.com/nistick3/status/812497982184509440

you better pay up

Attached: 1550883128250.png (399x240, 177K)

Untold story mode was worth it just for this (and the big red supertank)
youtube.com/watch?v=RS6FPBwR58Q

>3babs

>ywn win her over by first autistically farming tons of shit and buying her lavish gifts to open up the relationship and gradually opening up her heart from her smug disposition to a reciprocrating embarassed one and then finally smashing her pelvis in bed to the point where she can't get up to stand at her shop the next day and gets mad at you and says you have to pay her for the loss profits

Attached: 1550648464356.jpg (600x350, 98K)

>artstyle becomes worse
What went wrong?

Attached: Merchants4.png (1464x598, 1.38M)

Himukai's style improved a lot really. Old Napier is better than new though, and some of the newer NPC designs are a bit less memorable.

I actually prefer Napier besides her weird large forearm. For some reason the lipstick makes me diamonds. Other jew is shit in comparison though, fucking RIP

I like all his styles. Except for when he was a literal who artist, but hey you gotta start somehwere

Attached: 013.jpg (2541x3630, 2.57M)

But why is Gunner a persona fag?

>Jack Frost
>Persona

Attached: Www2PluTdOA.jpg (480x360, 20K)

I don't play other fatlus games I only played P4 a little bit and he was in there

I'm thinking of my copy that has yet to arrive.

Attached: 1470799699222.png (480x480, 181K)

I want to put my mayo in this salad.

Jack Frost is Atlus's company mascot, and the general icon of their original "big" series that is the most long running. Hee appears in many non-MegaTen games, even in Snowboard Kids.

Ok ill humor you.

Jack Frost is pretty much Atlus mascot.

>Hee
Ho.

Okay that makes alot more sense i feel retarded now

>Kill Shellbeast on my first try
>It blinded my imperial and headbound my arcanist on the first turn it got paralysed
>The paralysis ended after the second turn
>It died on the next turn

Attached: kaguyatable.png (343x284, 14K)

He's even in X, but looks like a blurry mess in game

Attached: chara_detail4_.png (1476x562, 1.32M)

Did 5 ever come out

Japan onry

Attached: 1550729239682.png (221x218, 19K)

>he doesn't know

Thanks user I had no clue it was up already, a whole week ago too

that is just one doujin uploaded of the dozens that are not. That doesn't make up for it.

Attached: 1549586325036.gif (200x200, 1.57M)

My favourite thing about EO1 is how abstract it is and how it gets your imagination going despite video games being an audiovisual form of media. I'm still fucking puzzled how exactly EO1's Yggdrasil Labyrinth is structured. You have the entrance visualized as a crack in the earth leading into a cave-like maze of trees. Fair enough. But if you're truly moving vertically deeper into the earth and the "stairs" that you take into deeper "floors" aren't merely a video game abstraction, how does the Labyrinth get any sunlight and a day-night cycle in the deeper floors? Just how massive is each stratum? Is the Yggdrasil tree supporting an entire new 'crust' of earth by itself, far above the old sea level that's deep in Lost Shinjuku? Is it a localized phenomenon and Etria is actually on a tall mountain? Or is the answer simply that the Labyrinth is more horizontal than vertical in structure, and Lost Shinjuku appearing to have blue skies is literal? And how would that work? None of this is ever explored in game text. And outside the windows of B25F, the textures used for Tokyo city streets look like it stepped right out of the modern day, with lights lit and no decay or vegetation visible. Such a dreamlike and mystical scene.

Attached: 1425582009185.jpg (1024x716, 404K)

Your post almost made me feel bad about never finishing 1, but then I remembered how much the map design sucks and how grindy it is compared to the rest of the series.

>Spend hours walking on floor 26 on super long ass corridors, keep getting sent back to the start because you literally have to guess the right teleporter, even if you know the right route it takes minutes to get past this floor
>Floor 27 is pitfalls literally everywhere, you need to bring an alchemist to cast that move to see foes on the map to trace a basic route
>However that's just half the road you need to take, the rest is pure guesswork again
>If you fall, you get into a giant floor filled with damage tiles and FOEs chasing you that infinitely spawn, one right next to the stairs too so you MUST kill hin to get back to floor 27
>After you finally get past the invisible pitfall field, you have to check something like 20 rooms one after the other untill you find the one that leads to floor 29
>Floor 29 is hard as balls teleport maze with so many teleport tiles you LITERALLY can't map them all because of mapping limitations
>After you FINALLY do that, floor 30 is basically the longest fucking corridor ever witnessed in the history of jrpgs with FOEs at every fucking corner, super deadly random encounters, basically there's no way you'll be able to do it in one go unless you bring a gorillion amritas with you
>After an hour in 30th floor, you finally reach 3 doors
>They are locked unless you have killed the sidequest dragons by the way
>If you defeated the golden dragon, you can open a door that has a 2 way shortcut to the start of floor 26, thankfully
>If you defeated the blue dragon you get a healing spot that is useless
>If you have defeated the red dragon, you can open the final door
>You must defeat the 3 dragons AGAIN, all in a row, you can't turn back
>After that, you get to the final superboss, that can be beaten only if you know what he is going to do every single turn because his stats are completely fucked. Also he can blindside you for some retarded reasons and deal 9999 damage to all your team on turn one if he does.
EO1 postgame is fun.

are there any games like this on PC or for free anywhere?

>I'm still fucking puzzled how exactly EO1's Yggdrasil Labyrinth is structured. You have the entrance visualized as a crack in the earth leading into a cave-like maze of trees. Fair enough. But if you're truly moving vertically deeper into the earth and the "stairs" that you take into deeper "floors" aren't merely a video game abstraction, how does the Labyrinth get any sunlight and a day-night cycle in the deeper floors? Just how massive is each stratum?
the artbook the EOU tried to explain this

Attached: i-237.jpg (1448x2048, 669K)

All EOs can be emulated.
Similar games that you might like that can be emulated/played on pc are
>The dark spire
>Stranger on sword city
>7th dragon series
>Dungeon travelers
>Coven of dusk
>Wizardry series
>Strange journey

That, too, is a very abstract illustration and doesn't begin to explain the sunlight issue, unless there's some hidden wisdom in the Japanese text accompanying it.

>>If you fall, you get into a giant floor filled with damage tiles and FOEs chasing you that infinitely spawn, one right next to the stairs too so you MUST kill hin to get back to floor 27
technically you can juke them, either by moving right in front of them since they take a turn to chase you (see purple arrows), or if you land on their line of sight by running around the circled square.
In B27F a survivalist can see FOEs too.
>>You must defeat the 3 dragons AGAIN, all in a row, you can't turn back
those are severely weakened versions, and you can just warp wire out before attempting Primevil.

Attached: b28f juke.png (639x599, 52K)

Anyone have any idea how much AGI the boots with Act Speed+ are equivalent to?

>Team
Highlander/Hero/War Magus
Arcanist/Zodica
>Progress
Petal Bridge
>Class
Highlander or War Magus, I made sure I'd at least have those two on my team when I made it.
>Song
first campaign remix.

regular boots are +10% while act speed boots are +20%

I wanna play it, but I don't have a 3ds.
Even when I do have the money for one, I'm not particularly keen on buying a console just for one game.

Attached: 1509794727585.jpg (439x550, 165K)

Citra

The fuck, that shit already came out?

I kinda wanted to avoid emulating this one in particular because I'd prefer to support this kind of game, but I'll make a mental note of it anyway. Thanks, user.

How the FUCK are you supposed to map the southern shrine's gimmick?

>just for one game.
The 3DS has a pretty big library of good games. Which you can all get for free if you hack it, which is EZ at this day and age.

You can buy it and then emulate it anyway.

Different floor colours. Do you have automapping completely off? I have to imagine so or you would've noticed.

Hated Nexus. None of the new parts were good and for the old shit I could've just gone back and played the older games.

>You can buy it and then emulate it anyway.

Attached: 94c.png (1200x1314, 46K)

>mapping
>he didn't refuse the map in the tutorial labyrinth
lmaoing @ u casuls

>refuse the map
>she actually doesn't give you a map
>no option to take your answer back and get the map from her

Attached: 1481364554293.jpg (2000x2129, 344K)

>He doesn't have sheets of grid paper lying about to make his own maps with
How casual can you be?

*ahem*
FUCK dark rooms, and FUCK Mem Aleph.

Attached: IMG_20190223_144955_2.jpg (800x600, 122K)

>Keep EO3 Ninja but nerf it's bunshin bullshit
>Add Hero and give it literally free bunshin bullshit while not being a squishy slut with HP costs
This upsets me more than it should. Also keeping the input reading AI on Golem against elemental attacks (which Hero conveniently ignores) was retarded.

What if you made a hero and gave it a ninja portrait?

It's just not the same. And I've played far enough in the game that I've gotten used to it but it's still silly. The fact that afterimages can spawn their own after images and they all have the crazy damage boost of the Force Boost just makes me wonder why they bothered nerfing other classes when balance clearly wasn't a consideration.

Am I missing anything by skipping both of the remakes? I played EO1 and enjoyed the hell out of it, but haven't gotten back to any others. I figured I'd just continue in series order, even though EO2 is supposedly the digital equivalent of getting a root canal. Do EOU/2 have, say, amazing postgames or anything absent from the rest of the series?

Attached: boss FOEs form a 5-man party to take out your guild, and they're fucking excited.gif (512x288, 2.03M)

You're missing out on the best girl le millenom girl.

>Do EOU/2 have, say, amazing postgames or anything absent from the rest of the series?
Amazing? Not really but they do have unique content only available in the U games. I would still say they are better plays than V though, I don't care how much people might like it and necromancers, I find V to be by far the worst in the series.

just play whichever interests you right now, all this talk of "playing newer games makes the older games unplayable, so play those first" is mumbo-jumbo
Untold 1 and 2 have some bonus dungeons. Can't comment on 1, but Ginnungagap in 2 is pretty cool. Plus the town building/cooking game is great.

It's another sheet for weebs like Persona

>even though EO2 is supposedly the digital equivalent of getting a root canal.
I don't know about the original game but 2U was fantastic and my favourite of the series.

>Plus the town building/cooking game is great.
How did they go from 2U's cool cooking system to that bullshit in 5?

Fair enough. I do want to experience busted as fuck Hexers though, so I won't skip OG 2 outright. I suppose, with the dungeons and classes so heavily reworked, the content won't feel like a retread if I go EO2 > 3 > 4 > U > U2 > 5 > X. Thanks.
It's gonna be 2039 by the time I get through all of them, though.
ricky is icky

Attached: 1411881729031.jpg (317x334, 24K)

EOU1 is way harder than EO1 (battle wise, the dungeons are less bullshit and overall better designed), EOU2 is super different from the original that they offer completely different experiences. EO2 has really questionable design choices, like FOEs not giving experience or having changes of not dropping items or having to retire a max level character to raise the level cap by 1 (one) level, 29 times for each character to get a lv99 team.

> or having to retire a max level character to raise the level cap by 1 (one) level, 29 times for each character to get a lv99 team.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Wakaba Girl - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.42_[2015.09.25_08.15.00].jpg (1280x720, 58K)

There's absolutely no need to do that though but a lv 71 character is much stronger than a 70 because of the retire bonuses. In one you couldn't go past 70 and retiring dropped you down to 1 again instead of half/lv 30

>I do want to experience busted as fuck Hexers though
2U has you covered. Their force skills are just ridiculous, and even without them they're a powerhouse. I made the last boss in Ginnungagap my bitch by panicking the fucker.

I'm in the dungeon after the one with the harpie boss
I've been doing well so far I suppose, if I was cheesed by bosses and die I'll just restart and win by trying to bind them first
Only thing I hate is the fact that if you die while exploring a new dungeon and went pretty far in you have to explore everything all over again, but that's standard jrpg stuff
Also I think I'm about to unlock subclasses so that'll be fun, finally gonna make my survivalist become something useful

this, and FOEs gave such pitiful XP compared to regular mobs it was almost like getting none at all.