If you kill him youll be just like him!

>if you kill him youll be just like him!
>Lol ok

Is there any protagonist more based and dare I say redpilled

Attached: Yuri Lowell Image 2.png (389x558, 173K)

I'm not a fan of how he yells at Phaeroh for doing the exact thing Yuri himself was doing without any self awareness or anyone calling him out

Flynn flounders around like a hypocrite trying to justify his life decisions up until that point whilst Yuri fixes the entire fucking planet's problems by basically just doing something simple like throwing his life away to kill someone evil.

Vesperia deserves far more credit than it got for this one life lesson on actually making a good cause work in the long run.

Yet he still looks like a tranny.

It doesn't help that the scene happens pretty damn quickly after Yuri offed another mustache twirling bad guy. The game never gave time or even an indication that Yuri was starting to change his mentality about the whole ordeal.

Are jrpg fans standards so low that they consider any protagonist who isn't a shonen-tier sheltered teenage boy based?

I mean, you can kill freely kill characters in your typical wrpg, and nobody makes a big deal about it, unlike Tales of Vesperia, which feels the need to spotlight it with dramatic cutscenes as if it was some Shakespearian stroke of storytelling.

Yuri in shadow heart 1 before Alice made him soft in 2

The clear difference being that Yuri was only killing people who were purposefully harming people.

>Phaeroh wants to kill innocent girl who can't help what power she's born with, so Yuri gets mad at him and insists that it's up to Brave Vesperia to solve the problem and if they can't, Yuri will kill her
>meanwhile Yuri only kills other murderers
I never understood peoples' problem with this scene. ALSO
>Yuri admits to bluffing in the VERY NEXT scene because if Phaeroh had actually been serious, he would've killed Estelle right then and there

Probably because WRPG players are literal sociopaths just like their characters

Tales of fans are frothing tards. They genuinely consider it's plot and characters to be filled with depth and intrigue.

>yuri kills literally saturday morning cartoon villains
>fans think he's cool and badass
>lloyd kills the desian cardinals, who aren't as one-dimensionally evil
>eh he's ok

Attached: 1528762481653.jpg (609x570, 29K)

A)Estelle could absolutely have made things not worse by not trying to heal every single scratch any living thing within a 100 mile radius of her.
B) I'm very specifically referencing Yuri saying "Who do you think you are to cast judgement upon other people?" rather than the scene as a whole

Coke fags are frothing retards and have shit taste

Wrpgs dont have characters. They arr literally all just character creation blanl slates

>Wrpgs dont have characters. They arr literally all just character creation blanl slates
That's...certainly an interesting take on things, user.

Attached: 1203032023233.jpg (2000x1952, 735K)

The Desian Cardinals were pretty one-dimensional in spite of the one or two throwaway lines concerning Forcystus' heroic exploits. There was just more internal politicking.
What impresses people isn't that Yuri killed some bad guys, but the fact that he did it unilaterally and with such cold pragmatism. He didn't have any heroic or romantic ideas about what he was doing, he was just solving a problem.

Pick literally any FF or Front Mission protag.

It's easy to hate and kill when the target is portrayed to be such an irredeemable asshole. The only time anything really challenges Yuri's moral compass is when Phaeroh says that Estelle should die, and Yuri does a complete fucking 180.

In Tales, or outside it? Because this can't be serious question if it's meant to be "in general" when it comes to video games.

Well, with Yuri he specifically decides to murder them, and then goes out and does it.
Lloyd kills the Cardinals mainly because they got in the way of a bigger goal he was trying to achieve (usually destroying a human ranch or protecting Collette) or because they were the aggressors first. I can't think of any time in Symphonia that he specifically sets out to kill someone.

This. It's also doubly impressive that, for a JRPG to have a protagonist commit premeditated murder, the player doesn't have to sit through several scenes afterwards where the protagonist struggles with feelings of guilt or remorse for a while until someone else specifically tells them not to feel bad. Yuri's damn cool because he's competent and confident.

He doesn't really do a 180, no. Bargaining for Estelle's life was arguably hypocritical, but there were two important distinctions: Estelle was not willfully harmful, and Estelle was his friend. Besides, he only asked for time to find a better solution. He made it clear that he understood that if they failed, then she would have to die.
Yuri doesn't change much over the course of the game.

Velvet is better.

>resolves to let the world burn so she can get her revenge
>murders and eats her opponents without regard to decency

Attached: velvet_crowe_by_sakimichan-day8n3q.jpg (1600x1237, 491K)

>Yuri does a complete fucking 180
Not really. He asks Phaeroh to hold off until they've tried to fix the problem in a different way, and straight up says he'll kill Estelle himself if they fail.
The villains Yuri killed show there was no alternate route. They weren't going to be redeemed, and there was no legal recourse for punishing them, so he killed them.

>ruins everyone's lives without thinking twice due to her onii-chan autism
>mindbreask because of whole Oscar/Teresa fiasco because "muh brother her brother we da same n' shiet because we both wanted to fuck our brothers"
Ugh. This scene was so dumb.

>Bargaining for Estelle's life was arguably hypocritical
I doubt Yuri gives a shit about being a hypocrite anyways. Once he sets his mind on something, he's gonna do it regardless of what others think

And he continued to do so the entire game. Everybody else in the party expresses some sympathy for Zagi, but Yuri just puts him down with little more than a shrug. He doesn't know or care why Zagi did what he did.

>I can't think of any time in Symphonia that he specifically sets out to kill someone.
What about Kratos?

Her entire character was way too try hard and way too edgy as a result. The ending was also retarded as well.
However, I suppose, I should go easy on series that had to suffer the fate of being prequel to Zestiria.

You forgot this:
>try to follow hard her self made edgy persona to shield herself from the guilt, but fails miserably
>lives in constant denial being haunted by her conscience
>pretends that she doesn't care, but actually cares a lot

She is a great character, but absolutelly not based and redpilled. She takes no joy whatsoever in what she do, and she is always fighting against herself to not question her own actions.

This. You are only an hypocrite if you care. A person who just does what she feels like it without caring about moral codes is not an hypocrite.

Attached: velvet8.jpg (900x619, 141K)

Well it's not like he has a choice in the matter. Zagi continually shows up intending to murder him and it's not like he's going to take no for an answer. And Yuri DOESN'T care about why Zagi did what he did, he's annoyed by him, he doesn't want to get to know him.

>>ruins everyone's lives without thinking twice due to her onii-chan autism
Either live in a world of absolute order where you have no thoughts or feelings and only exist to serve a function as emotionless as possible.

OR

Live in a world where you have free will but have to live in a world where invisible spirits cause every last issue the world seems to have and if you get slightly mad, you turn into a malice filled dick.

I dunno, what do you want to do?

>mindbreask because of whole Oscar/Teresa fiasco because "muh brother her brother we da same n' shiet because we both wanted to fuck our brothers"
This was the first time Velvet actually realized the consequences of her actions and saw that she was inflecting the same pain she's been bitching and moaning about for 80 hours on others. Dumb scene is still dumb.

Attached: ToL_Velvet_Artwork.png (640x960, 135K)

>B) I'm very specifically referencing Yuri saying "Who do you think you are to cast judgement upon other people?" rather than the scene as a whole
If is right though, the scene makes a lot more sense. But I agree it's still hypocrisy that he judges Phaeroh when no one gave Yuri the right to decide he should just kill 2 villains.

As shown by Rokurou and the lizard dude and later the swordsmith, daemons don't have to be psycho murder fiends. They're just very emotional. Tended carefully, a world of daemons is no worse than a world of bipolar people.

If Velvet was try hard, I hate to see what you think of actual try hard and edgy shit.

The whole party is based my friend.

Attached: Eizen_(ToA).png (500x500, 182K)

Zestiria my friend, I am basing this shit on Zestiria where malice is the cause of all problems.

After all the hype for this character I was disappointed on how bland he was and didn't do anything out of the norm. He even has less quotables than other Tales protags and doesn't have a cool moveset like Senel or Jude because he's the typical sword guy. His dog was cooler than him and his rival was even more boring.

Attached: wapanapaweebo.jpg (210x240, 18K)

Malice isn't the same as malevolence. The point's poorly established because the western world has no equivalent, but malevolence is akin to Shinto's "impurity".

No, the only based and redpilled characters were Eizen, Rokurou, and Magilou.

Attached: Tales of Redpill.webm (640x360, 2.8M)

>FF
No
>Front Mission
Definitely

Underrated game and underrated post

"Kill him?"
>Proceeds to amputate all limbs and remove all exterior stimuli organs leaving the villan in a hellish permanent state of sensory deprivation.
"Thanks for keeping me from becoming a monster like him."

>He lives in the anime
>People were mad about this

Phi told Velvet to shut the fuck up and get her ovaries settled.

Laphicet is the most based and redpilled of all.

Because it actively counters all previously established lore.

Oh I never played Zestiria.

>I'M NOT LIKE THOSE OTHER GIRLS
Cover your ears, Laphicet

People who thought there was consequences to actions and people who worked hard to put his ass down were mad and have a right to be.

I just know being an assassin is one of the world's purest professions.

Yes, the world was damned no matter who won the fight at the end of Berseria.

Yuri may seem bland but honestly when you've played a whole bunch of JRPGs and particularly Tales games, he's a breath of fresh air from the usual protagonist trope. He's not an idealistic young anime boy who fights for truth, justice or hope or really any kind of philosophical cause. He's not the chosen one, doesn't have powers bestowed upon him by gods, and he's not prone to emotional outbursts even when things are falling down around him.
Yuri's goal-oriented, confident, and capable, but he doesn't flaunt around most of the bullshit that comes with being an anime hero. He's remarkable in how unremarkable he is: he just does what needs to be done without much fanfare, which can definitely come across as bland.

>Want to avoid being a hypocrit so badly that you'd prefer to be an actual fucking sociopath.

I get the point that they were trying to make with Teresa, but it came out as way too forced and extremely dumb as a result. We have no reason to give a single shit for Oscar and we barely even new Teresa (although we did get nice revelations about her character).
My point is that entire case that led to this scene was handled poorly. Teresa comes to Velvet and asks of them to "hold her as hostage" as pretend in order to stop her brother that is using unstable prototype that could kill him? And best way to deal with him was to "pretend to be kidnapped"? If this wasn't bad, she goes max retard once task is done, which shall result in her said brothers demise and then game tries to pull on you "OH NO NO NO you're now same as Arthur."
Like...??? It's just dumb.

Threadly remind that Eizen is literally reason why Zestiria exists! Thanks, Eizen.

Attached: bad_luck_Eizen.png (876x470, 100K)

You two realize that originally Eizen was meant to be saved in the game itself, but thanks to Baba fucking everything up, said Edna's quest regarding Eizen got cut together with other things... you did knew this, right?

This
After going from Rex in XBC2 to Yuri in ToV its an improvement by leaps amd bounds

We need more adult protagonists in JRPGs holy shit.

Best party setup ? Just reached Nordopolica.

Indeed, wish there were more protagonists like Jin. Also: check'd

None of the FF protags have ever had trouble killing people who deserved it. Terra might be the only exception.

*ahm*
LoC DID NOTHING WRONG!
HE WAS JUST TRYING TO DESTROY BERSERIAVERSE TO SAVE EVERYONE FROM ZESTIRIAVERSE!
EIZEN SACRIFICED HIMSELF FOR NOTHING IN THE END!

Attached: JUST.jpg (393x408, 35K)

For most of the game I swapped a lot of the party around, but usually always used Yuri, Estelle, Rita and Judith for boss battles.

>Threadly remind that Eizen is literally reason why Zestiria exists! Thanks, Eizen.
Proof that sometimes you should just let "evil" win instead.

Death Age's loc, unironically, did nothing wrong.

I honestly think they shouldn't have given Eizen such huge role as being hero of death age because:
>1) he gets killed in Zestiria as some side-boss
>2) they never did DLC about such important part, nor will they ever cover said story (so what was the point of creating lore regarding death age and have Eizen be star of it?)
>3) have I mentioned that said "hero of death age" gets killed as some side-boss in Zestiria of all games? well, let me say it again: PROTAGONIST OF DEATH AGE GOT TREATED AS SHIT BY BABAā„¢
So, honestly, I think they should have given him such vital role in history because of this. They could have made hundreds of stories of how he got dragon'd without going this route.

>t. guy from a country that allows people to bare arms wonders why people from other countries have different attitudes on killing bad guys

Attached: you assmad moron.jpg (1600x1403, 162K)

Yuri saw him as an annoyance and simply kicked his ass and tried to move on with his business. It wasn't until Zagi tried to gatekeep their progress going up the tower and showed that he didn't give a shit about humanity being on the brink of extinction that Yuri aggressed on him after their fights. Only an idiot would let him live after that, and frankly, after destroying the controls on Heracles, which could've resulted in Zaphias being leveled, Yuri and Co. were too merciful letting him live after that.

The first three times, Zagi was a nuisance, but he didn't do anything that directly compromised the lives of millions. It wasn't until he became a liability that Yuri killed him.

Play better rpgs. Yuri leaves a bad taste in my mouth and he is a static, nothing character.

Attached: Lenneth.full.214978.jpg (500x950, 92K)

This. It just created unnecessary plot that never got properly touched on and main character of it got completely FUCKED in Zestiria by Baba fucking up development.
It's frustrating to think that someone who supposedly played key role in saving the word single-handendly, got said treatment that he did. Not to mention that nobody in said toz ever even referenced this said case. Edna herself never said a thing. Nobody ever said a thing and that's because "Death Age", never existed prior Berseria. Which is why it was such unnecessary addition Zestiria's "lore" if Bamco never did a damn shit with it other than giving quick summary of it in shitty guidance book.
Either remake fucking Zestiria, or make Zestiria not canon.

flynn wasn't wrong. when yuri started killing people, he was making the wrong enemies which got him and his party in trouble. they were only lucky that had plot armor to protect them because they could have been killed easily.

I agreed with you, the scene is easy to understand what it was going for but it was dumb. It was set up poorly and Velvet really didn't have a reason to care, well she didn't have a shown reason to care since up until this point, she didn't shy away from murder.

Attached: Velvet.Crowe.full.2221139.png (1024x576, 486K)

I still have to level up to kill his ass, I don't care what didn't make it in game, it wasn't in game. I made peace with killing my favorite character and I left it alone but now he lives and must die again.

Just wait until the third game in this malevolence arc. Berseria set up a huge plot point with how seraphs were the ones who cursed the world with malevolence, so we can start from there.

Letting Estelle live also compromised the lives of millions. Yuri again has no right to be the judge.

I doubt they'll make trilogy out of Zestiria/Berseria universe.
Even if they did, I events of "Death Age" don't seem to be as long as for full game. Not to mention the fate of its protagonist (Eizen).

I'll go strictly according to how wgb described that event:
>Eizen stay with Aifread's crew 800 after whole Berseria case
>some new lord of calamity arises and starts fucking shit up badly
>everything goes to shit
>seeing no other way, Eizen decides to go and stop lord of calamity
>Zaveid also joined him on his quest somewhere later on (isn't mentioned when or how many were with Eizen during the event)
>Eizen ends up facing lord of calamity but due to too high malevolence (and that case with Zaveid's ex-lover 800 years ago in Berseria), Eizen realizes that if he goes after lord of calamity, he will share same fate as said Zaveid's ex-lover
>despite it, Eizen still goes after lord of calamity, determined to defeat him even at cost of his life
>he faces against lord of calamity and malevolence ends up fucking him over and turning him into dragon
>before completely losing control of himself, Eizen used last bit of self-control to eat lord of calamity and he ends up saving the world that way
>after eating lord of calamity, he ends up flying away to the unknown and next time he's ever heard about is in Zestiria in which he already lost every bit of self-control he had
This is honestly story far more fit for DLC that will never happen over brand new Tales game.

Rokurou is a weird case because he was actually, canonically worse as a human being but became a much better person after becoming a Daemon because it purged of most of his ambition outside of Shigure

God berseria skits were top notch

Only in the original JP scripts or whatever. Apparently the dude from 4 was super edgy and completely rewritten?

Attached: 1548290105.png (1920x1080, 913K)

>to eat lord of calamity
>imagining dragon snacking up on main villain
Pure kino desu.

Endgame probably Yuri Flynn Patty Rita/Raven

>there will never be kino game in which you play as dragon against final boss and eat him

Attached: 1550686840745.jpg (465x461, 13K)

>when yuri started killing people, he was making the wrong enemies which got him and his party in trouble
Not even. He was legitimately doing Alexei's dirty work for him as Ragou and Cumore had already done all the shit Alexei needed them for.

Have you guys played Radiant Historia? You'd probably like Stocke

Attached: stocke_1132.png (350x518, 154K)

The main issue regarding DA(death age) isn't that DLC/game about doesn't exist outside guidance book Main issue is entire Zestiria, because said events of DA were added only after Berseria. Events of DA did not exist in Zestiria. Which is why it's such weird addition to Zestiria's lore. You would think Edna or said Zaveid would say a shit about it? You would think that either of two would say something? Even without them saying something, it's odd that name "Eizen" doesn't ring a bell to anyone despite him supposedly saving the entire world 200 years before. That's why events of DA were such an unnecessary addition if Bamco never did anything about it in the end.
They literally made DA to make Eizen appear even more cool. I don't mind Eizen getting such spotlight, I just mind that his said spotlight was just put out there for sake of being there.

Why did Duke keep saving Yuri's ass and helping him?

He's kind of his sonfu.

Come on now, WRPGs are my thing but you're being unfair in the sense that ToV played with the theme of Right and Wrong and the scale of morality, it might not be PST levels but at least it did something. I do agree that most JRPGs are not mature, and they don't admit to it since it's clearly made for kids and teenagers.

Pretty far in the game and someone else in another thread also said he's the Snake of the JRPG genre, never really felt it though, he's alright in the sense that he isn't goofy, a kid, or a clown.

>he's the Snake of the JRPG genre

Attached: KOJIMAAAAA.jpg (687x512, 114K)

>Duke will never force entry on your ass while whispering "Entelexeia" into your ear
Sad world

>Flynn purposefully waits until Yuri lets Cumore die to confront him

Isn't that, kinda hypocritical?

Gotta say I love the artstyle of the original (the one I'm playing) someone told me to drop it and get the newer version, once I saw the simplistic anime artstyle I got disgusted they would even do something like that. I think I would also criticize ToV for it's simple line art with no shades.

You can play with the old portraits in the remaster, but it's paid DLC unfortunately

No. He wanted to see if Yuri would really go through with it, and Cumore dying isn't also half bad. He probably was in deep thought about right and wrong, etc.

i want to sip a can of sodia

>I love my waife Rose so much that I made sure to cut anything that wasn't her or about her. Alisha? Pfft. Main character my ass. Edna's personal quest to save her brother. Pfft. Not Alisha related so it can be cut as well. I'll Eizen to other team in future to handle. Not like they'll make him save the world or something like it.
>Now. Off to fap more to Mikako-chan.

Attached: Baba-chan.jpg (960x640, 72K)

It's worth it for all the extra content that gets added. At least another twenty hours of stuff to do and more if you decide to go full completion autism.

>it's paid DLC
>something we originally had
That's some next level jew shit right there.

It really is, atlus loves to be retarded with remasters

>Now. Off to fap more to Mikako-chan.
It's kinda funny and sad that she was the one that had to apologize for Rose instead of hack Baba.

In his defense: While he cucked Edna out of her quest and with it cucked Eizen as well, he never originally planned for Eizen to have major role in anything like being supposed hero of death age.

Eizen is based and I love him. Full homo

When do you actually get Patty in your party? Just finished the whole thing with Barbados and Ragu

she joins permanently at the sands of kogorh, before that she joins and leaves often.

It's funny how Nips dislike Zesty as well, yet Zesty merch is most popular at same time.

Attached: reapers_cureā„¢.jpg (1200x675, 79K)

they like the character designs but hate everything else

Tales of Nan

Attached: 1523503261937.gif (400x400, 47K)

Hello.

Attached: I guess you're right.jpg (548x840, 192K)

Eizen looks completely dead inside there.
>It's funny how Nips dislike Zesty as well, yet Zesty merch is most popular at same time.
Two reasons:
>Edna
>fujos

Why is her hair so dumb?

I want a full six-pack of Sodia!

>AAAAAAAAAA WHY WAS I TO GET HIM IN MY TEAM
>WHY COULDN'T I GET THAT SAMURAI GUY INSTEAD
>AAAAAAAAAA YURI TAKE HIM BACK PLEASE TAKE HIM BACK WITH YOU
I honestly feel sorry for Lloyd there.

It's common amongst cute, bitchy female NPCs to have stupid hair

Attached: Dx6M7upVsAAhODf.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

I love how tales fans suck off a man who fucked up and whose party screwed the world at almost every single critical juncture.
Had Duke not decided to go along with their plan after 200+ hours of fucking up, then they'd have doomed the world and killed off a race for good measure at the end of the day without any results!
Good job!

RIP Lloyd

He'll be fine.

Attached: reapercursebruh.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

I just love how Eizen's expression is so dead on those.

>AAAAAAAAA VELVET SAVE ME

Attached: 144645869586.jpg (800x450, 31K)

Does Namco hate Lloyd or something to give him literal curse in his party?