Why is he do damn likeable?

Why is he do damn likeable?

Attached: 97F76B9E-49F8-4629-9EA7-734D983FD353.jpg (1200x800, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg76TRf1I8E
youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo
youtu.be/Roe0JpucXR0
quora.com/What-do-actual-Yakuza-think-of-the-Yakuza-video-games
youtube.com/watch?v=a1BWgycu0Sk
vocaroo.com/i/s06xoprtgrCK
youtube.com/watch?v=SBIlLtkyUYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because the writers actually understand how to make good characters and don't attempt to just check off some boxes to meet some marketing quota

Attached: YAKUZA KIWAMI 2_20181225165645.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

>good characters
yikes

FUCK YOU MAJIMA

Attached: 1544773216487.jpg (1524x2382, 531K)

He's just a man trying to get by, but shit keeps dragging back into the underworld.

Attached: 1526298661336.webm (640x360, 409K)

some of the heat actions are fucking great. best one I ran into was a salt shaker where kiryu just dumps salt on the guy's face. did shit for damage.

Here's a gif version. Anyone got more yakuza related reaction images?

Attached: 1540199481910.gif (500x281, 764K)

try buying a orange and doing a heat action when guy is on the floor

He's a combination of a goofball and a guy who takes things way too seriously

Kiryu just wants a quiet life

Attached: 龍が如く 極2_20180212141520.webm (162x254, 72K)

Attached: 1543649036625.jpg (1200x941, 90K)

Attached: 1550007483078.gif (419x227, 2.07M)

>Yakuza Kawabunga is nowhere to see in Steam's top sellers list.

RIP

I like the one where you force feed the guy hot sauce. For the cool factor I prefer the one in 3 where you flick the cigar into your opponent's face then sucker punch them while they're distracted.

Attached: 1527938846574.gif (318x194, 1.57M)

I didn't even know the game was released on PC until yesterday or something

Attached: DQ5NXNOWAAcKj_4.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

Because he is literally Mary Sue

>genuinely cool guy
>helps people out, even when they don't necessarily deserve it
>always stays true to his word
>looks after the kids when no one else gives a shit
>golden voice on the karaoke mic
>supports local businesses
>worldly knowledge of food and drinks
>lets his fists do the talking when everyone around him would rather talk shit
>is technically a criminal, but never messes with innocent civilians
>did time in prison like a man, without ever narcing on anybody
>kept those goddamn koreans and chinese from taking over his turf
>raised one of the most popular idols in japan, basically as a single dad

none of sega games was a better seller on steam

but they keep selling well enough to gatter new releases

Pretty much this
He's the ideal man and a true paragon

Shut up, faggot. Yakuza 0 was in top sellers for quite a while so don't fucking start.

yes, it's called Mary Sue

I wish I could mod Zero to have the 4th styles unlocked on legendary

>it's on the bottom of page 3
oof. I hope that doesn't deter them from porting kiwami 2.

>Mary Sue
I don't think you know what that word means
His love and admiration are justified

He's not that good of a dad if she became an idol.

Problem is Kiwami would be probably easy to port because there are minor changes in the engine. 2 is quite a different one.

She only became an idol to support the orphanage
She cares about everyone around her because she was raised right

Nice misuse of a buzzword, but you're lazily shitposting so whatever.

> fails to save every woman he's ever loved
> Mary Sue
Back to discord tranny bitch lmao

Attached: image.jpg (973x562, 158K)

SHE DID IT FOR THE KIDS OK

Which one of the yakuza games is the best one, I never played one and am interested

does Atlus USA continue to localize the script for the other games as well? it feels like most of the lines aren't really what is being said

I guess the reason why is because he's a fucking weirdo if we take the substories in consideration

Like seriously, that cool guy that is just honest good man that doesn't want bullshit to happen but in the side he acts like such a goof. Majima too, of course.

Attached: majima.jpg (2560x1080, 554K)

Why was she retconned out?

Attached: zstaqwovmbt01.jpg (500x272, 15K)

Attached: 140001871255.jpg (680x428, 50K)

Start with 0, it assumes you're new to the series and makes things simple. There's easter eggs for longtime fans, but they don't distract from the overall story.

kiryu had to stay a pure virgin for continued flow of fujobux.

Attached: 1509778371516.jpg (2048x1152, 288K)

Also borders on autistic, like other greats like JC Denton

He's a good guy that's in the Yakuza. Silly but still a gentle giant. He keeps the game from being too dark.

Some of those Chinese were alright. But yeah, fuck the Jingweon Mafia. Those fucks are down in hell where they belong.

They don't need to be on the ground. As long as you have it in your inventory and have one bar of Heat you can perform it provided they're not attacking and you're not holding R1. You can also do it with a plum in Ishin.

Attached: Orange you glad I didn't kill you.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

0 while 2 comes as close second.

It's because he's seen some sad shit in his life but tries to never let it get him down.

Attached: Yabuza.jpg (1920x1200, 658K)

This. The orange is one of the best. The real best was the cigar that started in 3(i think)
Honorable mention to whatever was it called, the one where Kiryu seems like a ninja like teleporting and knocks 4 or 5 guys out.

Agreed on this. Having started with Zero because im a spic who never had a chance to find the OG games locally, at first I also didnt get why I enjoyed this rather autistic and serious faced man.
It was during the whole side story with the go karts where it just clicked. Not only did this man spent fucking millions in goddamned toy carts, this is the same dude with a massive code of honor in a rather shitty underworld who could break a spine by looking at it funny yet will teach a girl how prostituting herself is a bad thing and will help her by also beating the shit out of those harrasing her into it.

Kiryu is just a genuine nigga who can enjoy the little things in life and seeks to make a righteous path in a subworld and society that is loosing semblance of morality and what matters, the people that give you happy and those moments when you can just have a nice time.

Attached: activateit.jpg (747x701, 146K)

Hey guys last night i was complaining in a Yakuza thread about how 720p downloads for the Yakuza movie are either on private trackers or dead

So i downloaded some russian version, remuxed it to remove the RUS audio and subtitles, and added ENG, so now it's just JPN audio with ENG subtitles

Share this so you no longer have to watch the 360p youtube version

3.5gb japanese iTunes rip, 720p H264
mega.nz/#!ezhUDY5B!z-6RPcUH_5l0BOLMZvjSBEDHGWWGn7jFz6dTOXhPoe4

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-22 04-18-16.png (1366x768, 1.05M)

I'm gonna wreck it

JC Denton is fantastic because no matter what type of ludicrously retarded shit you do his deadpan delivery fits every single situation

You mean oyajibux.
Kiryu is for middle-aged men to fantasize about being super fight-guy who bangs every hot woman he meets and even hookers fuck him for free.
Still a good series and good character.

you'd be suprised how many women like him and majima

Humans are wired to think more highly of attractive people and Kiryu is a physically idealized character.

>DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
>tfw you rock them so hard that they get both

Attached: screen-shot-2017-04-11-at-7-02-57-pm.png (1244x646, 688K)

God's work user

>builds a multi milionaire business
>gets a golden statue
>nobody appreciates his golden statue

He and Majima deserved more

Been trying to watch this for a hot minute now. Thanks man!

>Maxing out DoD in Kiwami
>Majima fight from Komeki for Snake power
>Completely destroys me, load save to regain healing items.
>Come back after getting most of DoD unlocked
>Win
>Komeki says he was going to teach Kiryu even if he lost and is shocked he won
>Now overleveled for remaining challenges so they're piss easy.

I feel dumb.

0 is the new starting point.

Attached: 20180809190738_1.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

No 1080p release?

My favourite feature of kiryu is that he actually has some character flaws
He is ridiculously trusting and his attempts to redeem everyone he can result in him getting shot and stabbed
He's also rather unobservant, leading him to do shit like leave guns right near defeated enemies so they can shoot his friends

How is he likeable? He's a double cuck taking care of his wife's daughter's son.

If there is i couldn't find one lol

Because all the weird shit he gets into unironically makes him seem more human and not some hardass punk

Attached: 20190221200727_1.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

Yo Moose how do I get good at MesuKing?

Kiryu not mentioning the gun in Yakuza 0's gunfight segment is the stupidest shit he's ever done

The guy literally pulled up, made eye contact, slowly pulls out a gun, then shoots the fucking guy and Kiryu doesn't even have the decency to warn him

I don't give a fuck what the "Canon" says, he's directly responsible for that man's death

Would you mind keeping this up for a while? It's in my JDownloader queue, but I've just now hit the Mega bandwidth limit.

(or if one of you guys could make a torrent, that would also be peachy.)

Newfag here. Does Majima stay crazy in all games but 0?

based

Attached: 20180815183414_1.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

This

>go to the karaoke in kiwami
>choose first song
>flashbacks and memories of nishiki when he was still cool and a buddy
>choose second song (baka mitai)
>fucking pocket circuit fighter

Ok what the fuck now

Sweep around with a guide to get 50 cards (you need 50/60 for the final battle) then just keep going at it since you only need to win each fight once.

>Be years later
>Helping out a Hostess Club with some gang troubles
>Succeed but unsure what to get the owner for her birthday
>This time it will be appreciated
>It isn't

Are there still playable SEGA arcade games in Kiwami?

>Pick girl with the strongest damage on everything.
>Play it like JCC where you only counter-pick their strongest attack or tie their attack.
That's basically how I did it. I never even bothered to switch out any of the attacks. Make sure you're running around finding the cards on the ground though, you get most of the best ones from that and the Professor hands you the best one.

Attached: Eat the prunes, they're good for you.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Attached: Dz4UYilU0AEg9F1.png (847x437, 437K)

Cool. I had the dvd version, but I wasn't around in any Yakuza threads to help you out.

Attached: Dz4UZbsU0AEvxNe.png (846x435, 448K)

that's kind of begging for spoilers, but Yakuza 3-5 start showing how the act is a facade and he's actually the depressive dude you see in Y0

Yakuza 0 is just exploring the facade that was introduced in these games, how he's living life the ridiculous way he wants after being inspired by the guys he meets in Y0

i think it's nice that lots of different people can each find a reason to enjoy the yakuza games desu

Oh yeah. The more popular he became with fans, the more over-the-top the developers made him.

Ahahaha what the fuck. Although I can understand why Japanese women would fancy chivalrous masculinity, it's the opposite of the average nip male.

kiwami karaoke is suffering.

Will Ishin ever get PC release?

How do I get better at the combat? (kiwami)
I feel like a scrub because I keep having to chug energy drinks during boss and mini-boss fights. That's how I beat 0, but I want to play the game correctly.

Attached: 1546998092015.jpg (1122x1285, 79K)

I know that feel. I did that like in chapter 5 or 6 with barely any moves on DoD and that took much time because I could only punch like 3 times and step back, repeat.
The only bonus on winning is that huge exp

Dont even try doing that shit early in the game, just ignore and get better cards(usually the bikini/swimsuit ones are the best)

Unfortunately not, the only arcade game is MesuKing, the card battler

Kiwami 2 brings it back with Virtua Fighter 2 (1994), Cyber Troopers Virtua-On (1996), and even emulates Sega ToyLets (2011), though

Yakuza 6 has all the games from 0 and Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (2010), and Puyo Puyo (2011)

no

Always be juking, my dude. They can't hit you if they can't touch you.

No real yakuzas or gangsters in generals are like this

Is there any point to the bikini club other than majima

I mean, can you do anything other than watch the same chick do the same things

Attached: terrible.png (1919x1080, 2.08M)

Maybe that's a valid way to play the game? As long as you're enjoying the game and the game's not all LOL YOU POOPY PISS BABY WANNA PLAY A DUMB BABY GAME FOR LOSERS HUH about it, what does it matter?

Hey, that’s pretty cool.

Because I spend 80% of boss fighting pancaking on the ground mashing X to get up

Because he approaches the world with an open mind and a Samurai's will. He is always giving 100% and tries to help people to the point of coming of as an autistic manchild.

Kiryu is as heroic as it gets and at the same time seems almost like a parody of a classical japanese folk-hero.

True. There's a video of real Yakuza seeing clips from the games and their general consensus was "We like Kiryu, but there's no way a guy like him would ever last in our business."

Muscle through it, use items, and use kiwami. It really isn't that hard.

Japanese male prefer play with cute girls doing cute things as oppose of the western male who want to play as an adult guy fighting....funnily enough japanese women love that and even they prefer western games. Some enjoy playing western FPS because they prefer playing as a guy and enjoy that perspective.

haha me too. but as long as you're doing a Don Quixote run between story beats you're still good.

most of the bosses have 'tells' that let you know when to hold R1, dodge, and kick them in the ass. that helps imo

Block a lot, don't try to dodge everything

Beast mode in particular is almost easymode, because you literally just tank all the hits and then unload when they're done

JEWberg

Attached: 20180815195826_1.jpg (1920x1080, 346K)

There's no video, it was an article afaik.

I went through 11 chapters without knowing that I had to switch to the appropriate style everytime the bosses went blue, yellow or purple, letting them regenerate health.

If I could beat them not knowing shit, you can do this.

Most enemies telegraph their moves like crazy. Don't hammer on the attacks so much, and watch your opponent instead.

THAT'S WHAT THAT MEANS

I'm going to make it even worse for you

pull out ANY weapon and do a heat move.

It was an article, they also said while they enjoyed the massive fights, IRL they just bring guns and shoot everyone.

It's the same thing as Kenshiro. He's a stoic lawfag that is strong enough to back up his talk and fights for people that need help the most.

This is THE substory.

He's bullshitting.

I don't care what anyone says, the Miracle Johnson mission where you have to beat up zombies while he dances in front of you was amazing.

Yeah I missed the explanation because I'm a dumb fuck

If you mean normally, yeah. I know you can use heat actions with items. If you mean in kiwami mode... can you do that?

from looking at the thumbnail I thought it was Scout guy from TF2

Attached: 20180815195953_1.jpg (1920x1080, 368K)

the secret is, when the person's speaking another language you can put whatever you like in the subtitles because who the fuck is going to check

BRACK OR WHITE

Attached: 20180815200445_1.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

It was neat how it ended with establishing that the power can't be the best at everything. I do wonder what happens during the final dance off if you use a TASbot.

Yes, any time a boss is healing you can just use a weapon.

Any heat move works, just that Kiwami moves do more damage.

Attached: 20180815200636_1.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

>tfw played the first Yakuza on PS2 a year after it came out and Kiryu is still my role model to this day

Even got me to lift, which I've slacked on for a few years.

*That the player

Top kek. Shit sounds like something from the sopranos

Attached: 066146EE-59D6-4969-8F15-68A94D4200FA.jpg (750x691, 201K)

0 and 5 are my favorites. I personally like Kiwami a lot because it refined 0's battle system further but that's an unpopular viewpoint among fans.

It was also pretty cool in a mega "SEGA acknowledges its history with Michael Jackson" kind of way. It would be hilarious if a future game let you play Moonwalker, but only changed the title screen and the "Michael!" voice clip whenever you save one of the kids.

Well damn.

Keep in mind, it also took me until chapter 11 to find Majima hiding in a fucking traffic cone. I couldn't find him and thought people were trolling me with the whole "majima everywhere" thing. Now it is really majima everywhere. I'm near rank S.

Sway, always sway. You want to aim at a person's back, the front is usually a waste of time because they either counter out of it eventually or they just keep blocking. Use Rush to dodge and slowly beat up a guy, use Brawler understanding that it's got slower hits and dodges but can grab stuff, only use Beast around objects to increase the damage you deal with them. Once DoD has enough investment just drop everything else and start using that. In Kiwami enemies will also knock you down during the second and last hits of their combo most of the time so you need to prepare for that, the only other game like this is Kenzan where almost every attack knocks you down, enemies stab you from behind, and so many other things knock you down constantly.
Another thing is to be patient, watch the enemy's attacks because it's easy enough to learn their patterns, don't rush a fight because that'll just end up with you tanking hits. Everyone including the mooks have patterns you can dodge if you just have patience, and you'll learn how blocking and block recovery works on enemies as you do it. Same deal with how they alternate attacks.

Try to avoid cheesing if you can during your first encounter with an enemy (Meaning Tiger Drop, eating something, Ultimate Heat in the later games, weapons meaning ones you can equip, and this is my preference but ignore using bikes or two-handed items if you can) because you're not really learning anything from the fight and just ignoring everything to power through it. If you have to fight a guy more than once feel free to cheese, I didn't give two shits once it came to fighting each Majima style more than once and just Tiger Dropped him every single time.

Never ever when it comes to Ishin, you know the drill.

Attached: 龍が如く 維新!_20190222152833.jpg (1920x1080, 705K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sg76TRf1I8E

nah man

youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo

Since Yakuza 3-5 aren't getting Kiwami remakes and are just getting ported, I hope they won't feel very outdated. Going from Kiwami 2 (new Dragon engine, good graphics, and new mechanics) to a PS3 game with and old engine and look, might feel weird

Yeah, DoD in 0 is pretty cool, but a fully upgraded DoD in Kiwami is some next level shit.

Also I love the "Time for" skills. Going super fucking fast in Rush mode.

>Now it is really majima everywhere. I'm near rank S.

You're close to the point where random encounters won't help anymore unless they're specific kinds so look forward to that, ended up letting him just kill me to get the fight over with.

C'mon where the fuck is Ishin SEGA???
Where is it??????

Attached: 1516736507906.jpg (210x240, 8K)

Finally get to play these, I started Zero and am working through Majima's first set of chapters. Are they putting all of them on PC or do I need to get a PS4 sooner than later as I beat these, I'm loving the shit out of them.

Using the Tiger Drop in Kiwami feels like cheating yet somehow feels like the only way to win the final Colosseom.

We'll see. Depends how sales pan out.

all depends on how well they sell

>he actually hurts the zombies when spinning around

>Kiryu's version: POow

He is really everywhere, you can go into a shop or restaurant and he will appear. Or playing a mini-game and he will be there.
Everytime something is shaking nearby(like cars, cans, etc) it can be Majima or just some free item

'Yeah cause it's probably fake. The man who wrote it is an absolute liar. He brags about fucking a high-up yakuza's daughter despite the fact that he looks like this.

Attached: jake adelstein.jpg (540x379, 62K)

The gameplay has been improved over the years, but the fact is they're literally all running on the same engine, so it's going to look and play similarily

>kept those goddamn koreans and chinese from taking over his turf
Doesn't really matter if those Omi shitheads wound up doing it anyway.

same engine meaning everything from 3 to 0 and Kiwami/FOTNS all run on the same engine

The 1080@ 60fps makes a big differenc

youtu.be/Roe0JpucXR0

I checked he really said was impresed there were plenty of dudes in paris compared to japan when most events had women.

Don't you have to do a fuckton of colosseum fights to get that?

Yeah, I just pray that it isn't required to play several gambling minigames for his stuff. I'm terrible at anything that involves cards, dice or even fucking checkers.

i'm impressed you put that effort in to check. nice work!

He looks normal to me. Where does he brag about fucking a yakuza's daughter? That does sound like a less than credible story but only if it's a published thing under his name.

>Don't you have to do a fuckton of colosseum fights to get that?

Yup, second last Komeki skill and every Amon guide says it's the only way to win. Wouldn't know though, I consider the game finished now that I've maxed DoD.

It'll play somewhat like 0 and Kiwami. 3 will for certain feel a bit dated with the combat, when I played the demo after some of the newer games you still felt pretty stiff, you couldn't attack behind you mid-combo (Which wasn't really properly done until 4 or 5) without dropping the combo, and you had to fiddle with R1 to freestyle your combos properly without combos dropping. That doesn't mean it's bad or anything, you just have to get used to the stiffness. 3 in particular carries over Kenzan's blocking issue where enemies block constantly and after only one or two punches so you need to learn how to sway efficiently, Tiger Drop like crazy, or learn how to do the punch --> see them guard --> back away --> immediately attack as soon as they start moving dance to get a full combo on enemies.

You can beat everyone without cheesing using the Tiger Drop it's just a pain in the ass with Hannya Man and Akiyama's Wrestler guy because they avoid so often and have so many attacks that just get you out of nowhere. Komaki is no problem by comparison.

We only have a hint of 6 potentially coming out next due to financial data, past that it's anyone's guess.

I'm at the final chapter of Yakuza 0, at the free roam part with Nishiki at the car. Should I leave this Amon thing for post game?? You know, because of plot urgency and things like that

Amon is for premium adventure, you have to do every side story to get him.

I was interesed in the interview, its pretty good you guys should watch it as well. They talk about the future of the series as well

>Remember the Nanjing Massacre you stupid Netouyo!
Wow really

Attached: 1524255428577.jpg (2560x1440, 2.96M)

If you beat the game you get "Premium Adventure" which lets you freeroam and finish up substories, as well as wear different costumes and change the time of day as you wish from your office

That's pretty crazy. You don't think as this game where you're kicking thugs in the face on the streets as something that'd be popular with women.

You need it for Kiwami's Amon, 3 and Ishin's are the only others that require it to beat him (Though technically you don't need it for 3's but it would take like 40 minutes to beat him with how guarding works in 3). End of phase 1 is next to impossible without it due to how fast he gets with his combos to the point that there's simply no openings at all and phase 2 is legitimately impossible because you are only allowed a single punch in when he actually leaves himself open and since he's running around in Mad Dog at super speeds it's almost impossible to catch up to him without taking a hit.

Really depends what you want personally. I like doing Amon during the story because it's fun and you get your rewards before Premium Adventure but they technically want you to do it in Premium Adventure since that's where they want you to clean up substories and all that.

Kiryu is kind of a studly housewife's dream tho
The "Bad Ass Dads" substory kinda makes fun of this too

yakuza is one of the few video games i think my mother could enjoy watching.

like there's nothing ... mean about any of the games. there's nothing cynical, or distasteful about them. the fights are mostly action figures going POW POW POW at each other, then the other guys get up and go Gah! He's too strong! Let's get outta here, boys!

Is the Amon clan part of 2's actual story? 0 had a thing about how Kiryu would fuck up their clan during the events of 1 but it's just a post game thing.

Can you free roam in these games after the story ends? Finish up side quests and such?

yes premium adventure

In his book Tokyo Vice. You can look him up and you can find all the bullshit he claims he did.

Yeah I already have 59/60 and 39/40 substories a few chapters ago.

Hm I think I'll save it for post game then, else I don't really have much to do later on.

Yes, it's called premium adventure.

yeah, you get a premium mode where you can
>Save a copy of your savedata to overwrite with NG+ because the save management system is stuck in the 2000's
>Change time of day freely
>Wear different costumes
>Hold Haruka's Hand and walk her around town

He doesn't half-ass anything, no matter how ridiculous it is. He's also strong, kind and a handsome boy.

No, the Amon Clan only becomes technically part of the story in 3 because of a very specific character and you don't even know he's tied to Amon until you actually start Amon's substory. Outside of that the Amon Clan is simply side content, it's not part of any main story whatsoever though their clan has their own story throughout the games.

Yes. However in Black Panther, 5, and Ishin you need to do content during the main game because you can't create clear data in Premium Adventure making it a complete waste of time as your unlocks for finishing all the goals don't carry over to any other playthroughs. Everything else you're perfectly fine doing it in.

I read his book "Tokyo Vice" where he talks about finger-banging some info out of a mixed-breed whore in Roppongi, but I never saw anything about that. But yeah, dude seems to embellish his stories quite a bit, which is unfortunate because there's some interesting stuff in there when he talks about dealing with criminals being easier than dealing with bureaucrats.

Truly a hero

Attached: 20180812104659_1.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

>MASIMA-SAN

quora.com/What-do-actual-Yakuza-think-of-the-Yakuza-video-games

Are Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 getting physical releases?

Attached: 638970_20181028230824_1.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

i just like this shot

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-22 02-19-51.png (995x559, 613K)

>batting in kiwami
This bullshit ass CP Jesus Christ. I'm genuinely curious if it's physically possible with a human hand and analog stick to hit these thin fucking lines consistently.

Attached: 1514786857899.jpg (400x286, 23K)

holding out hopes for a trilogy pack

besides the moments where people literally chop of their fingers, get exploded with bombs, sliced up with swords or just shot

so SEGA are releasing all 3 at the same time?

Is pouring boiling water onto someone meant to be arrousing?

Use your left thumb and pointer finger to control the stick, it gives you much more precision. The same trick applies to baseball in the Dragon Engine and darts in both engines. To actually hit the ball look at the bat ant notice Kiryu moving the bat up and down? You want to look at the area slightly above where the two black lines on the bat are, when you see Kiryu more or less tense up rather than move it that's when you hit X, you don't look at the ball, you don't listen for the ball, just look at that spot and hit when you see them tense up. It's still rough don't get me wrong, but you can do it.

no, just that i'm holding out hope for a trilogy pack like how the other games got premium editions

This bastard also had one of the best and catchiest track in the all franchise
youtube.com/watch?v=a1BWgycu0Sk

>The Shimano fight in Kiwami
He had a gorillion hitpoints, was I meant to grind for upgrades?

Attached: 1542783854063.png (848x900, 661K)

no
kiwami (and by extension yakuza 1) is well known to be extremely unbalanced with bullshit fights everywhere

if you think shimano is bad just wait till you get to harris in the arena. nigger is just impossible.

The most important upgrades you want to get fresh out of prison are the ones that let you do the extreme finisher moves on bosses. Otherwise they'll just keep regenerating health and it becomes a chore

HANASE
HANASE
HANASE
H A N A S E

Finally finished The Cabaret Club and Real Estate missions. All I need left are minigames. Should I bother trying to 100%? Also, how hard are the climax battles?

Real ez if you've fought Mr. Shakedown a lot in 0

Attached: 1533690778258.png (1000x1000, 78K)

No, you'll drive yourself mad trying to 100% these. First time might be time but too much grindy shit is copy pasted between games.

Shame that they removed that after 4. Smoking was a great taunt too.

vocaroo.com/i/s06xoprtgrCK
FUCK OFF JAP DOG SHILL

>likeable
Thats forcing it.
He is an "normal" MC I would say.
Not bad but also doesnt do anything that makes him good.
Unless you are a child who gets OMG SO COOL at characters that can beat everyone.
In fact now that I think about it, Kazuma is a fucking gary stu.

>Voice actor is trying to be asian
>sounds horribly black or indian
?????

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-22 02-32-09.png (1366x768, 811K)

Attached: 20180812191118_1.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

Anyone that plays Outrun is good in my books

Who else should cameo?

Attached: EAA587B7-F5AF-42C9-A269-0F60DAB1FA8E.jpg (1024x736, 160K)

yukari

Attached: ss+(2016-04-30+at+12.21.40).jpg (418x534, 116K)

>playing through yakuza 1 on ps2 before playing kiwami
>game feels like a chore with the bad loading times and clunky combat
>can't tell if I love or hate the english dub

should I stick with it or just ditch it and start playing kiwami instead? I'm not sure how much content kiwami cut from the original.

Attached: 1501540362409.png (500x310, 236K)

Climax are tricky. Few are truly annoying, like that one where Majima's style keeps changing while losing HP

Arigato bonzamasta

>tfw Mahjong is fun
>tfw I can read Akagi now

It didn't cut anything afaik, and there's no loading screens on the overworld except for entering buildings

the english dub is amazing in it's MOTHER FUCKING cheesiness though, Kiryu swearing like a sailor is amazing

too fat

NANTOKANAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Akagi_Tenpai.jpg (800x600, 200K)

we can go bigger

Attached: ss+(2018-04-09+at+08.59.11).jpg (424x536, 105K)

the lyrics to this song are very sad

>no hair on puss
next!

Here, I grabbed the demo of 3 PS4 again just to show you what to expect from the older games. Generally they're stiffer than their newer counterparts meaning attacking "grounds" you a bit more than the freely floating attacks they let you do in the later games and movement's a bit stiffer as well so swaying helps way more in dodging than just running. For the most part everything else is the same control and fighting-wise, 4 introduces some charged moves into the mix and it finally feels much more free like 0 for instance and 5 won't feel dated at all since Ishin, 0, and Kiwami are spawned from that game's combat.

Now, with all this in mind that doesn't mean these games are bad, you just need to get accustomed to how they handle, that's all, and 3 (Kenzan as well since it's where it spawned from) specifically has a thing where enemies guard differently than in 4 onward so you just have to understand how to deal with it. You can see the guarding problem with the leader in this fight, the guy just randomly guards after one hit and they do it for entire combos.

Attached: 3's Gameplay.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Damn you came across as an adult very well with this post, very mature for your age is how your mother describes you I'm sure.
That doesn't make it true.

when the HECK is kiwami 2 on pc
30fps hurts my eyes

Attached: 0.png (834x834, 1.53M)

never since pirates are fucking up the sales

it's either pirates or denuvo
they didn't put it in kiwami so clearly they think it's not worth the cost

>>supports local businesses
underrated kek

Attached: yakuza-0_20170105152904.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

The overall reaction to Kiwami was very "meh", so maybe the game's actual merits are at fault. I sure don't feel like picking it up after even Yakuza fans didn't seem to react very well to it.

BASSBORT :DDDDDDD

Attached: 20180818204636_1.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

It's on par with 0 in every aspect except for substories which is definitely an important aspect but I'll give them credit for staying true to the original and keeping them as is for the most part.
Also has some gameplay changes that make the game harder overall but that's only a problem if you're a casual that plays only for the story.

>It's on par with 0 in every aspect except for substories

Attached: 1548707091144.jpg (870x675, 88K)

This 20 IQ dumb shit criminal is a literal hurricane. Nobody can actually stop Kiryu from doing what he wants, just slowing him down or hurting his decidedly less invincible friends. The entire criminal underworld of Japan is dependent on whether or not Kiryu approves of what is happening. This 20 IQ dumb shit criminal is only a criminal by association; he is actually a rock solid foundation of virtue and the only thing he really does criminally is beating the LOVING FUCK out of bad guys instead of turning them into the police.
Unlike other 20 IQ dumb shit protagonists, Kiryu has a billion hobbies and he takes them all deadass fucking seriously. There is no entity better at compartmentalization than Kiryu. He is so incredibly sinceire about what he does, whether its fighting off the wicked hordes or blind phone dating, that none of his antagonists really take him seriously until he's beaten a new moral philosophy into them. They literally cannot comprehend why he tries so hard.

I'm sure yes.

>Kiryu has a billion hobbies and he takes them all deadass fucking seriously
nothing wrong with that.

Attached: 20180822184013_1.jpg (1920x1080, 353K)

what people dont seem to realize is that kiwami is a remake of yakuza 1. yakuza 0 i slike, the 6th game in the series.

of COURSE Y1 is gonna be worse than Y0

absolutely not. i fucking love kiryu my dude. that was my love letter

STFU kid you're just jelly i dumped millions of yen into being better than you at the childrens toy car racing game.

Attached: 20180822194041_1.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

>casually hear a radio show
>have the urge to win the prize
>start writing letters
>become fan of the host

left to america for BWC. They probably didnt reach an agreement with her VA or something.

i don't think there's been a single protagonist i've disliked in this series so far.
i'm hopeful that i'll like their new guys as well.

Don’t forget
>Has never killed anyone in his life ever

Those running animations are so bad

It doesn't take much really. All a yakuza protag needs is to look cool and fight people for cool reasons. That's how I see it anyways.

Reminds me of that video where some chick is sobbing because she finds Kiryu to be so hot

Kiryu encompasses the male ideal:
He is strong, righteous, humble, fair, loyal and passionate about the goals that are set before him. When I see him, I feel inspired to be a better person.

A couple of years ago when Anita Sarkeesian started going at it with “problematic” games, I was honestly shocked that she misinterpreted what it means to be a hero like this in a game. Talking about objectification of Peach in Mario games... she had it completely wrong! Men don’t save the princess to “win” her, they do it because it is the right thing to do. Kiryu isn’t that much different than the heroic ideal of games of the past and h reminds us all what it really means to do what needs to be done.

Attached: 00537E71-D619-4B16-B78B-828B9ED79074.jpg (1920x1080, 1.32M)

I hated Tanimura because he was such a brat
If you gonna wear a tie, don't wear it like you're in a JPop group

I liked baseball guys chapter in 5, even if his fighting style was trash.

>Japanese Hot Fuzz
I liked it too
He's a cool guy for a complete autist

i think he's the most fun to fuck around with weapons on, but yeah, his base fighting style is far too limited though.

Im downloading it,trash or approved?

downloading what
there's like 15 yakuza games

Yakuza Kiwami

it's meh

The Jingweon were just mad because they got cucked. They could've been the heroes of their own story with a bit of tweaking. Until the whole "suicide" aspect anyway.

It's good.

It's an expansion pack of 0, you're in for 0 but not as good.

It's fine. feels a little limited if you've already played 0.

cinematic experiences BTFO

god tier omi

Attached: arrogant motherfucker.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Attached: yakuzaoriginal.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Reached the finale chapter of Kiwami. I've really enjoyed the bosses overall, except for the Akai brothers who can fuck right off. Most of them were quite simple in movesets but I favour Rush style so my damage was low. The Max Payne x Dark Souls boss was fun for how absurd some of his animations were.

I dont played 0,also i dont ever played Yakuza in my life
So is a good start this game i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=SBIlLtkyUYg

Attached: 1548839930036.jpg (623x702, 177K)

you might have trouble understanding the story considering your english level

Attached: 785.png (535x567, 497K)

Kiryu actually help the yakuza in this substory and actually left the guy to his death by them.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Looks like Matt "Fartgas" McMuscles

Bros, i think 0 is my favorite game of all time

Bless you, user.

Attached: DAS IT MANE.jpg (827x755, 81K)

Nothing to be ashamed of. It's mine too.

Attached: 20190222131924_1.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)