Just bought this because it was on sale. what am I in for?

just bought this because it was on sale. what am I in for?

Attached: GOW-OG-image.jpg (1200x630, 336K)

Kino

never played a god of war game before

Attached: d91.jpg (696x1148, 88K)

2 > 3 > GoS = COO > 4 > 1

Best game last year

is it on of those gay fatherhood games?

and witch one is the OP one?

This. Also BOI

how long is it?

A great game. Not as big as Witcher 3 but still very good

pure ludo

An alright game. Fun, but nothing special

this is hot and horny

Attached: 7b1bd5685daba8b457f2ef6e1af3b9ad.jpg (728x941, 103K)

GoW 1 was the best game in the series, you can not change my mind.

The worst game in the franchise. In fact it might even be a spin off at this point.

kino game

Attached: God of Soul.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

how is the combat. the trailers made it seem really button mash and not interesting at all

Great game, among Sony's best first-party efforts. I was thoroughly engaged the entire playthrough, mainly focusing on clearing out the story missions first. That being said, once the story was complete I never went back to it, even though I knew I was leaving like 30% of the game on the shelf. Couldn't tell you why either; apparently I missed out on saving dragons and defeating Valkyries, but even after knowing this it still hasn't motivated me to return. Hopefully you take full advantage of the content, user.

is it open world?

It’s solid enough but the game expects you to handle a lot of enemies with a God Hand Camera
Also a lot of cool down ability are expected to be used

Old games were button mashers, this more like Dark Souls with cool down abilities, and lower damage.

no really but it gives the illusion that it is

it plays just like any Batman Arkham game, semi-open with plenty of side content to pad game length, in a good way though. The gameplay feels much more like an action game like DMC, Bayonetta, etc. once you collect a decent amount of upgrades.

is it worth it doing all the Muspelheim shit? it's kinda boring desu lads

>have a bitch of time trying to beat Valk Queen
>later find an item that lowers all Valk dmg
>BOI comments it would've come handy on the fight

Spoiler-ish tip OP wait until you get the Head before fully exploring, you'll thank me later

it's kinda like this

Attached: GOW fight.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

Outside of beating the Valkyrie, not really. They're only there if you need certain materials or if you just wanna do some combat challenges.

if you're really invested in the game you'll drag yourself through it, if you're just a content tourist or playing primarily for the story I'd say it's safe to skip.

do i need to know any story to understand this one? i kinda know that this dude killed greek gods or something like that

The game is good but I didn't truly enjoy it until I upgraded to PS4 Pro and went through NG+ at 60fps. It was a joy to play.

Don’t fall for the strength meme. Build up luck and cool down and spam your special attacks.

game equivalent of an oscar bait

Attached: comment_LGpTfhW5VGJWwdi6g5BfNQq1BVH8k6Va,w400.jpg (400x500, 19K)

As long as you know that Kratos killed the entire Greek Pantheon and seemingly doomed Greece as a result you're good.

You will miss out perhaps the most kino moment this gen. And a lot of subtleties will fly over your head. But it’s dtill a good game just knowing beforehand that Kratos was a real jerk.

I see
I think I am gonna do it desu, just grind through it and craft some shit

>that attack where she steps on you with her hands on her hips
died like 20 times just because of that one attack, kept popping boners every time it happened

Attached: glowing boner.gif (400x304, 1.95M)

Yeah but I’d say it’s still better than Bioshock Infinite or Last of Us by a sizeable margin

"Boy...I come from a land called Sparta..."

Endless cutscenes with slow walking on a seemingly endless corridor.

Some truly terrible combat.

its all fun and games until you get to that shit mist realm and the last valkyrie

A decent game you beat then never touch again

>what are "an exceptional way of masking loading times"

On a sidenote, The witch from Milfgard was fucking pure sex, god damn

Its a shitty walking simulator. They took all the good things in god of war, fast paced hack n slash, nude bitches and a fun fuck u anti hero and removed it in favor of a clunky cinematic muh feels dad simulator. Honestly any zoomer claiming this is kino or good is a poser fake gamer. Better off playing god of war 1 2 and 3. The real god of wars

every playstation game is like that honestly

You forgot Ascension, which I'd say was about as good as GoS and CoO

story only missions? 40-50 hours
with sidequest and some trials and other shit? 30-50 more hours

oh man, tonight im fighting that bitch, im playing on max difficulty and damn this bitches are hard enough

Yeah it was one of those games that was
>yeah that was pretty good
And you don’t really think of it too highly or critically

they made 6 of the same game, fuck them for trying something different right?

I can see myself playing Spider-man again at some point since just swinging around is a lot fun and Bloodborne is a yearly replay for me
But yeah, most of their current-gen exclusives rarely get any more reaction out of me than "well that was a very pretty and technically competent game"

If you call another last of us clone trying something different then sure I guess

About 20 hours for main story 30-35 for main story plus extras and 50 if you want to be a completionist

I’m actually talking about that whole segment with Athena

Honestly, as a busy men with real life obligations, I appreciate that.

Maximum gayness and degradation of the franchise

I've replayed most of the first party Sony games, probably twice I'd say. Except for one, Uncharted 4. It wasnt hot garbage, but I definitely was done with it when the credits rolled.

>repetitive boss fights
>assassin’s creed style doing the same shit everywhere
>freya is not in anyway interesting and easily the most boring character ever
>very average writing
7.5/10

estrogen

Shit, forgot. Yeah that was well done.

How does GoW rank among TLoU, Horizon, Uncharted, Spider-Man, Infamous, Bloodborne, etc.?

They all suck except bloodborne

I’d say high mid tier

I hated Atreus with a fiery passion, fucking annoying character and his animations during battle are awful.
Other than that it's okay

whats on the top? bloodborne?

Bloodborne > power gap > Infamous > Spider-man > God of War (2018) > Uncharted > TLOU > Horizon

what? o thought you here a nintentard that plays the same shit multiplex times and even buys the same game like 3 times

Assuming you're talking about the entries that are on PS4 and not earlier games like Infamous 2 or Uncharted 2:

Bloodborne >>> Spider-Man = God of War >>> Infamous = TLoU = Horizon = Uncharted

asking this on Yea Forums will always get the BB response, but out of the games user posted I'd say Spidey purely from a gameplay perspective.

>Bloodborne
Power gap
>Spiderman
>GoW
>nu-Infamous
>the rest

Reminder before it happens that anyone who says "movie game" is a butthurt retard that doesn't realize literally all games try to be movies now, for example rdr2 or far cry with its shit unskippable cutscenes. This game does not fit that bill

>and his animations during battle are awful.
it looks cool when he does this

Attached: Atreus springboard.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

>that teleport two seconds in
H-HE'S FAST

unbiased opinion here from a non-weeb:
Bloodborne > GoW > Uncharted 4 > Horizon > Spider-Man >>> Infamous

Agree with Horizon, but TLoU needs to be higher

hotel basement with limited resources on Grounded difficulty at night with a solid pair of headphones on was an incredibly terrifying experience

No, its like 50h for 100%

Best goty game of the year

and TLOU is last-gen but I'd put it equal to Uncharted 4

Fuck off.

Nope

he could've teleported, but he ran like The Flash instead because he's a god

*cough*Killzone Shadow Fall*cough*

i wish i can see how many hours i played this game, because im sure im far above the 150hours mark

This

what about those gay videogame movies like detroit: become human or until dawn?

the combat actually has some depth if you want to explore it. there's a youtuber called gbg who goes over a number of combos and animation cancels and stuff.

So forgettable I keep forgetting to play it even though it's been sitting on my shelf for three years

Fun game and much less movie-like than Yea Forums led me to believe.
I was surprised by how much optional content there were, and sidequests all having their own areas. Much less filler than most open world games (though it's only semi-open world tbqh)

Solid 8/10

Attached: God of War_20190123192302.png (1920x1080, 3.25M)

i agree with your 8/10 but the game had too much wind waker level boating around and chatting. Which was great but kills replay value.

man you are such a bitch. spidey was a fun game for a few days, but it has no depth or replayability. the story is pretty...well i can't remember the story but i remember being into it. the swinging is cool. but the game is just...okay. it gets extra points just because it's spider-man, which is understandable.

At least the boat is pretty fast and Mimir is entertaining

Detroit ranks at the far bottom, Connor and Hank are great but everything else from the overall story to the "gameplay" is bad even by David Cage standards.
Until Dawn is mid-tier, it's great for a Halloween playthrough especially with some friends but isn't very memorable.

dwarves better make him a sweet body in the next game hat gets destroyed immediately and he is forced onto your belt again.

A walking simulator.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TAKE OUR WORD AT FACE VALUE
>STOP PLAYING THAT NOW

Attached: 1548960363096.jpg (789x805, 133K)

>"Pathetic!"
>"DIE DIE DIE"

Then you get your neck snapped and cream dem pants

Fuck off shitposter.

Unironically pure kino.

Seethe

FUCK THAT ATTACK
70% of my deaths were to that bitch ass move. needed longer windup time or less damage

Needs more bosses/10

Attached: God of War_20180817121351.jpg (1920x1080, 536K)

It’s a really good game.

damn i wish i was as smart as you

is it true that ng+ give enemies like the valkyries more moveset?

changes a few things, like they chain grabs up to 5 times instead of 3. I don't know if they get any actual new moves

>that cheeky as fuck top spin into stomp that's impossible to avoid if you commit to any attack
>blowing your cooldowns and BOI wolf summons just to get stomped on and see them pawing harmlessly at her while she gets her Dom on

Got to a point I just restarted the fight whenever I saw that high heel at my throat

Things I want in the inevitable GoW2(5?)
>more enemy/boss variety
>less restrictive camera during combat
>an option to skip walky talky scenes on replays
>less epic slo-mo
Would easily bump it from a 7.5 to an 8 or 9

yes, NG+ on GMGOW Sigrun will do sequences of cheap moves really fast designed to completely fuck you over, like she'll blind you and then instantly start throwing homing chakrams followed by immediately starting a diving attack as the chakrams are coming. If you actually get blinded there you are pretty much dead

Also those chain-grabs the other user mentioned where she stomps on you and insta-kills you (on gmgow) - the only way you can stop her from comboing like 6 of them in a row is to do the witch-time dodge the moment before she would land on you and then hit her with a runic attack before she jumps up to stomp again

Oh yeah, and a less bland UI that isn't impossible to read without requiring a patch to fix.

On every difficulty except GMGOW you can interrupt those with boy's arrows

well, im playing on GMGOW. and about to fight sigrun. do you recommend ng+ on GMGOW again? i hated this difficultie at the beggining, later on it was much more enjoyable and intense. i like that

oh yeah the entire game is way more fun that way, you have the blades and all your skills and shit from the start. The beginning kinda sucks on regular GMGOW
Some fights, like this one: are a bit overly-hard (almost every draugr there has fast legs, exploding armor and has an unblockable lava-sword) but otherwise it's great

nice. thanks user

Like others have said, doesn't play like god of war, but it isn't a bad game.

also, leg armor. seeing those shitstained trousers underneath my shiny metal armor was a dealbreaker.