Armored Core

Thoughts? Opinions? Favorites? Any hope for a new game or is From stuck on the Souls formula?

Starting with the first one and liking it so far, aside from the use of the bumpers on the controller. Are there any essentials in the series? Online reviews are especially untrustworthy because the vast majority only seem to bitch about online gameplay or how unaccommodating they are for new players.

Attached: ArmoredCore.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YZBlnUf-KrY
youtube.com/watch?v=c6QU2i6-BQc
youtube.com/watch?v=HaTmnNrP18U
youtube.com/watch?v=H6gOSF5SR-s
youtube.com/watch?v=ib1tQ6X1ccI
youtube.com/watch?v=oqsV1bmF4oY
youtube.com/watch?v=zWOxJ5NpIy8
youtube.com/watch?v=-CZVUQI2QKk
youtube.com/watch?v=9OyVMdD_zAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PllQmeSEpNw
youtube.com/watch?v=N4uLTLSR2lY
youtube.com/watch?v=TfYQTxv8tI8
youtube.com/watch?v=tz7HtXQzF7g
youtube.com/watch?v=ck6HwU1G9lQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AC6 never ever

if they ever make another one it'll be a completely different thing
and that's a good thing, V and VD campaigns were laughable

It will be announced this E3 for the next playstation I KNOW IT, we are so close.

Fuck you, I liked it

>yfw it doesn't

Attached: 1e08gn.jpg (640x360, 26K)

Armored Core 3 gets a lot of shit for being too easy, but for me it will always be one of the best entries.

>One of the best arenas in the series
>Introduced core weapons which were sadly dropped in the later games
>Great aesthetic that carried over for several titles
>OST is one of the best in the franchise

youtube.com/watch?v=YZBlnUf-KrY

Attached: 51DTMCJX5RL.jpg (354x500, 50K)

nigga the next playstation won't even be announced at the next e3

I doubt From is even capable of making a non Soulslike game at this point.

It makes me sad, because Armored Core always consistently had a fantastic OST. The music is so good that not even OCRemix could fuck it up, they actually made a decent remix album for the game.

It seems like there's a fuckton of titles on the PS2. Is 3 the only good one?

No, not at all. It's just considered the "easiest" and that earns it a lot of underserved shit.

The only truly bad Armored Cores in my opinion is V and Verdict Day. From Soft focused all their efforts on multiplayer and it cost the quality of the singleplayer both times.

Honestly 3, Silent Line and Last Raven (if you've got the chops for it, probably the hardest game in the series) are pretty good. I don't know much about Nexus or Nine Breaker, but apparently NB is the considered one of the worst games in the entire series. And Formula Front is a no-frills port from the PSP of 1 v 1 competitive AC building and competing, so eh?

I really liked V and verdict days aesthetic, but it was clearly designed for multiplayer and my friend is too big of a faggot to get it

it had some kino box art though

Attached: ACV.jpg (1516x1758, 262K)

The music was great too. It's just a shame the game focus was in all the wrong areas. These titles are too niche to support an everlasting online playerbase.

Its a real shame the series never made it to PC I feel it would really successful on there maybe even more so than consoles in the west since the more technical aspect would be really up PC gamers alley.

I’ll be honest. I think Hawken is a better game.

We didn't even get an AC game for the PS4

such a badass opening movie as well
youtube.com/watch?v=c6QU2i6-BQc

youtube.com/watch?v=HaTmnNrP18U

Attached: 1550528575877.jpg (645x773, 57K)

Original Armored Kino universe:
Armored Core -> Project Phantasma -> Master of Arena -> 2 -> 2 Another Age

Layered Armored Core 3 series:
3 -> Silent Line -> Nexus -> Last Raven

NEXT fast as fuck series:
4 -> For Answer

Anything else isn't worth playing. I wish V was better but between the multiplayer focus and SCANNING MODO it just doesn't appeal in the same way the others do.

AC multiplayer was never any good

My first AC game during my teens was fucking Last Raven. I never felt so much adrenaline rush in my entire life

Only other armored core games I've played are 4,5 and Nexus. Also, isn't there a spiritual successor on the switch?

Attached: 1541047450686.jpg (1334x1000, 96K)

Daemon X Machina but it runs like shit, like 12 frames per second on average.

Daemon x Machina is shit

The full weeb presentation really puts me off, AC had a pretty serious and grounded setting.

>VD singleplayer
>not worth playing even for the OST and last boss
Shittiest fucking taste I've seen so far. If you haven't experienced the true kino that is VDs kast boss, you can't really say you've experienced anything.

Attached: 1525174975375.webm (800x800, 2.76M)

>The Culmination of the series's plots in a single battle.

>this theme kicks in youtube.com/watch?v=H6gOSF5SR-s

it was great, it tied the canon past games up to this point to the potential canonizing of the "Original triology".

"J" is some sort of A.I recreation of Joshua O'brian from AC4, piloting what is now ancient tech from 4 that's been reverse engineered, but its now called the WhiteGlint Next version 9....

and has Nineball's Color scheme.

heavily implying that everything up till now is the calamity talked about in the original series, and "J" would go on to become Hustler One (or some version) and the Tech from the AC4 ERA is the hyper-advanced Seraphim tech that Hustler One had, also explaining how he could be an A.I no one ever heard of, because he's hundreds of years old.

this also explains all the crazy tech from Silent Line, its leftovers from the Corporation.

Master of Arena is the best in the series for this speech alone. youtube.com/watch?v=ib1tQ6X1ccI One of the best final levels in gaming.

Don't forget the alternate OST version. youtube.com/watch?v=oqsV1bmF4oY

>>If you haven't experienced the true kino that is VDs kast boss

Agreed

The dialogue that makes you think its the end after phase 1, followed by the maniacal laugh in addition to the music in phase 2 is absolutely amazing.

>"J' gives an almost identical sort of speech.

hmmmm really makes you think.

Stop thinking giant robot games are made for westerners you stupid fuck

>The Corporation, the ACs, the Raven's Nest...
>All of these were formed by me.
>For the soul purpose of recreating the world and humankind with it.
>Those who wield to much power...
>Those who only bring chaos...
>They are simply not part of the program.
>I was created to protect mankind and this world. I intend to fulfill this task.
>Modifying Program...
>Final level...
>All system checks are complete.
>Combat mode is now engaged.
>Target verified. Commencing hostilities
FROM Software was 50 years ahead of their time.

Attached: Nine.Ball.full.477510.jpg (1000x1000, 378K)

>The Corporiation

V/Verdict day really implied to be a prequel to all of this when you go back and watch Masters of Arena, it was quite sneaky.

What sort of retarded point is this?

>Both games were barely averaging 1K players globally a month after launch
>Then proceeded to dwindle to the point where you couldn't find a match even after hours of searching

This was global, there were no regional separations between players.

Why isn't it in the manual?

Attached: armored core controller.jpg (474x316, 26K)

Attached: 1503247971710.jpg (2200x3696, 2.02M)

Post songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=zWOxJ5NpIy8
youtube.com/watch?v=-CZVUQI2QKk
youtube.com/watch?v=9OyVMdD_zAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PllQmeSEpNw

J gives a completely different speech. J goes on about how he cares not for anything but violence and the fight. Now the Foundation might be that AI, but J is just the FA pilot of the worst end made into an AI.

I want to play LR guys, but everyone says it's really hard. what am I in for?

Attached: fear.jpg (900x720, 102K)

I've played AC3 and it's great. Instead of playing Silent Line next though, I want to just get to AC: Nexus and then play Ninebreaker and finally Last Raven. Mostly because I want to play with the new control scheme.

Is anyone familiar with the differences between Nexus and AC3/Silent Line? Are machine guns till OP fuck?

A game where one of the first missions you can pick throws two powerful ACs in a row at you before you've got anything worthwhile at all.

The coolest.
youtube.com/watch?v=N4uLTLSR2lY

I love AC, but what is there left to discuss? FROM announced the next game was in development in 2016, and we’ve seen fucking nothing. They’re too busy with Soulshit because it sells more. AC is probably dead.

ARMORED SOULS

WHERE IS IT MIYAZAKI?!

Attached: 1550694099527.gif (400x500, 1.04M)

as if they ever cared about sales in the long run.

they pumped out a dozen fucking AC games despite it all, because they like making them.

Newfag getting into the series. why is there different versions of sequels like 3 and 4 had? should I get the other version like for example For Answer instead of 4?

>AC4 still not backwards compatible on the Xbone
At least they finally got Ace Combat 6 working.

Attached: [OZC] Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam E02 'Departure' [Blu-Ray 720p].mkv_snapshot_04.40_[2012.09.3 (984x720, 71K)

I just dipped into AC1 the other day as well. Just curious, was it too early to support analog stick controls? I couldn't seem to get it working quite right, and I couldn't tell if it was retroarch being a pain or just the game.

Those are not "different versions" but rather just oddly named sequels that dropped the numbering title. Silent Line is a direct sequel to 3, and For Answer is a direct sequel to 4. There are no updated re-releases of these games, just ports to portable systems (or in Formula Front's case, from portable to console).

wasn't there some shitty souslike game with mech customization that came out a couple years ago. It was either mechs or powersuits

The Surge. Power suits rather than mechs.

It doesn't support analog sticks, no. The game came out in 97 which I think was the same year they made analog sticks standard for PS1. The manual also just shows the original, base PS controller.

you sure? I'm looking through 4 and FA and both have extremely similar gameplay, mechs, and more. Only difference is single-player as far as I know

I don't think they started using analog until the PS2 games

Got it. I can deal with that, as long as I know I'm not missing anything. Thanks.

>Only difference is single-player as far as I know
Why do you want to play a decade old game for anything other than its campaign?

Make no mistake, they're iterative. Often minor tweaks, some new parts, some gameplay alterations but nothing earthshattering, and some sequels are borderline expansion pack in design (Silent Line's a good example). A lot of Jap games do that, where they basically release a direct sequel that's fundamentally the same game with new stuff and a different story/areas on top.

Nineball did nothing wrong. The only way to stop jews is deploy an AI that recognizes they are a hostile force hellbent on destroying the planet and the only way to stop them is reset humanity. Based samurai.

Attached: 1531021297977.png (192x187, 86K)

V did have regional separation, and VD still had version separation between From published Japanese language and Bamco published localization. Bamco VD is and always has been dead as fuck and full of absolute shitters, From VD is still plenty playable to this day.
youtube.com/watch?v=TfYQTxv8tI8

They're stand alone expansions.

I sure hope they make a new one. That Daemon x Machina demo really stoked the passion I once had for this series

From is a bloated lazy dev now though. Even if they made a new one it's probably going to be a hackjob

This. I hope you all like derivative samurai-themed Soulshit. Because when Sekiro inevitably prints them large sums of money, that’s all you’re gonna be getting for the next console gen: Sekiro sequels.

Sekiro will flop

I hope it does, but that’s highly unlikely.

are there even any servers up to play those games?

VDs are as of last year. I think all other game's official servers are offline.

what is the essential Armored Core game?

Attached: poster2.jpg (800x577, 140K)

Nexus

Attached: 48208.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

master of arena with save files from phantasma and the original

Silent Line and/or Nexus

I'm inclined to agree, but some of the shit you can carry over is too OP

youtube.com/watch?v=tz7HtXQzF7g

AC2

From's always had references to previous games though. Ninebreaker even talks about how the final fight is reminiscent of a legendary AC from long ago, but after Last Raven, From released an official book with a timeline that distinctly has AC1-2AA and AC3-LR in completely different worlds.

always hated when devs couldn't keep track of their lore so they just offshoot it into another dimension

So what is the point of these games then?

It sure as shit isn't the multiplayer

Imagine thinking a series that shits out balance updates with token story isn't intended for multiplayer.

Hopefully this never happens

lmao it took From 13 games to put any focus on multiplayer, and they couldn't even get it right.

Yes. Because there was a a massive LAN party community that followed these games, like MechWarrior. Oh wait.

see

see

>haha I made a circle, take that facts

Attached: 1543018557327.jpg (265x505, 45K)

>seething so hard you don't even know what the original argument was about
Stay mad. The series' multiplayer aspect is shit.

cringe

>ACFA copy are VERY rare
What? I picked a physical copy up for under 20 not that long ago.

>The series' multiplayer aspect is shit.

So people only play it for single player then? Is that at least good?

what the fuck is that? are you telling me the way i played AC was flawed from the start?

depends on the game. mostly, yes

anyone up for doing some sorties

I enjoy the series. I played most of the games and liked nearly every title. Too bad it's dead

I think we can all agree that Last Raven was the best AC

I have legitimately never seen anyone use "seething" when they weren't absolutely full of shit.

Attached: h-103_71159_12.jpg.jpg (500x332, 26K)

Okay. First time for everything.

This is year 3 of the Switch game drought, but that Daemon x Machina hammer looks like the closest we're getting to a new AC. From is getting too much damn financial success and industry please to go back to making a far superior, but niche game like AC. Only way we see another is if Souls games start tanking and then they'll "remember their older fans".

silent line and for answer were my shit, them water levels, them machine guns, en weapons, FLAMETHROWERS

>only good mp games have tournaments
lol okay

Attached: 447589882738.jpg (1482x684, 420K)

Sekiro so far is the biggest breakaway they've done from Souls they've done in a whilr, that's still a legitimate game. Even if it's not by much, they're willing to do something a little different, at least. I'm sure we'll get something down the road, even of it's later rather than sooner.

ACVD had some fantastic multiplayer but my god was its matchmaking system a total goddamn mess
anyways, everybody know for answer is the best armored core game
ok last ravenfags are allowed too
i don't know why whoever made this decided to put some thumbnail-sized versions of my drawings in the bottom but i appreciate the credit
here have a real one

Attached: wg.jpg (1667x2048, 546K)

am i banned

They also released that VR game Deracine, yeah it's pretty simplistic but definately nothing like souls much more so than Sekiro.

probably

Armored Core 4 Answer is the best AC game.

Attached: 1521566143893.jpg (1024x733, 99K)

Generally not for over a decade.

Posting a shit multiplayer only game isn't doing dick for the "multiplayer sucks and my proof is no one plays it" argument that isn't based on anything but you having no friends though.

Still playing ACFA, still waiting

I didn't consider that one a "legitimate game", but fair enough.

Cool art

Attached: 1477671032853.jpg (424x403, 130K)

yes

right there with you, user

Attached: 01100566.jpg (1019x1018, 422K)

work BGM
youtube.com/watch?v=ck6HwU1G9lQ

First time I saw that list was in the /vg/ thread. I'm not 100% sure it came from there, but a lot of them do. That's some fine artwork though

The first AC is actually more like a dungeon crawler similar to Kings Field if anything. I still like it, though.

Attached: 1397108748067.gif (250x250, 1.23M)

Well howdy there, Mr. Spencyr.

Attached: 1444753699824.jpg (1280x960, 419K)

> take series focused on single-player ranked-based missions with emphasis on speed and efficiency
> lengthen the "story" missions to a stupid degree to cater to co-op
> there is no arena, just random one-off fights with no story behind them
> force onnline content

Armored Core V killed the franchise, and if ir ever revives and tries to bring anything back from it, i'd rather it stay dead..

Attached: 1343409021712.gif (200x229, 15K)

Should I start with 1 or play 3 since it's considered easy

those damn lab missions are, but it still has a decent amount of variety with a few arena missions and "open" map, as much as the PS1 would allow.

Attached: 07452.png (800x600, 464K)

They're all easy you moron

You can just start with 3 if you want to ease into the series. There isn't much story continuity with the previous ones. And the controls are largely the same. So if you decide to go back, you wouldn't have been spoiled from the games later on that use the analog sticks.

Turns out before Kings Field From originally tried to make something like a robot dungeon crawler on PC but couldn't hack it on the available hardware. So KF and AC kind of inherent different parts of that concept.

>> there is no arena, just random one-off fights with no story behind them
Yeah because the amazing story content of "it's an arena and you fight" was what sold that mode

Attached: 1545550949548.png (444x434, 171K)

is there any concept material of that?

Just found out this trash is being made by the AC1 director, not even a mech game wtf.

Attached: LA_Banner_1200x628_01[1].jpg (1200x628, 537K)

It's Mellowlink Simulator 2019. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

>robot dungeon crawler
that sound cool as shit why have they never revived this concept.

>FA best AC

Gotta disagree, maybe its my childhood nostalgia but the level design sucked ass due the movement system and interior levels like Attack on B7 are a chore which lead most maps to be big empty boxes with sometimes destructible objects. I miss my big sprawing dungeons with hidden walls and GATE CHECK: GATE UNLOCKED.

Is Verdict day still being played? Mech games where you fight for territory online always diddles my willy.

Attached: 1353208621058.jpg (231x265, 25K)

Only the nips play it, but yes

INT sees play by a couple people on the weekends. Sometimes. There's a guy who makes melee only free battle rooms and I can't remember his name right now but you're better off avoiding him. Dude's a fag.
JP sees a fair amount of regular play so long as you keep Japan's timezone in mind. Not a lot going on when it's four in the morning over there.

Literally the only reason I'm looking forward to it. And maybe a little for the Yoji Shinkawa designs. There's also mech combat, but it doesn't look like the main focus of the game

If you even bothered to read the pilot descriptions you'd know there was a clear storyline happening

You don't deserve to breathe

t. pot calling the kettle black

that's where i posted it. thank you
hi, you saved my drawings!
i miss /acg/
who are you
worse it's connected to front mission an amazing series that doesn't need to be shit on let it rest in peace
i'm being pessimistic though. i know nothing about left alive.
shinkawa is sick, though.
yeah but FUCK running out of energy and having to walk

Attached: ACVbw.jpg (1536x2048, 577K)

>howdy
nevermind i figured it out

AC discussion got lumped in with /gerg/ since it couldn't support its own thread.

Is there anything that explains what the fuck is going on this series? Like every other From IP everything is too vague

The chatter was a mistake. Felt amateurish

It would be nice to have character creation this time AC's presentation was always little too dry for my taste.

What a bloody mess...

Master of Arena
AC2 if you're allergic to PS1 grafix

Nabeshima's only directing credit is for AC1 too, so it's not like he has a long list of amazing titles.

AC2 didnt even look that much better from what I remember

Didn't games from them do consistently bad until Souls, AC included?

Never played an AC game but I fucking love mechs, and theres not enough games about them. Would like to see a new AC

Considering they made like 15 games in the AC series, I would say no.

>FROM has been teasing a new AC for over a year now
>Daemon X Machina has the potential to be great
>Left Alive might even turn out to be fun
Mech kino, or mechino, is back on the menu

Based Jeck.

Attached: 1434924596993.jpg (180x279, 7K)

I got tired of creating threads to only die, besides we talked about everything under the sun. But, when they reveal the trailer for AC6 I'll start making /vg/ threads again.

have faith bros. if Ace Combat could recover after AH, Armored Core can recover after V/VD

Attached: p2543061.jpg (616x353, 59K)

MechWarrior 5 is coming out near the end of the year as well.

You can't just pretend things aren't shit because you're addicted to memes.

AC was the only thing keeping From alive for most of their existence until Souls came along.

>FROM has been teasing a new AC for over a year now
Yeah no they haven't.

verdict day wasn't bad to start with so it's a better situation than ace combat.

Fucking this. Assault Horizon was such a piece of shit it makes V & Verdict Day look decent in comparison.

V/VD aren't even that bad though and Ace Combat 7 sales are barely above 1mil crossplat worldwide

More than Bamco was projecting. And the bigger point is 7 is leagues above the quality that AH was when they tried to shift the game's core focus.

VD is passable. V is dogshit