Underrated and Hidden Gems

ITT Hidden gems/Indie stuff/underrated games. This game has amazing atmosphere and is genuinely creepy. Well worth $15.

Attached: Darkwood.jpg (600x800, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGxqfLXRYzM
store.steampowered.com/app/947600/Eroico/
store.steampowered.com/app/464360/3030_Deathwar_Redux__A_Space_Odyssey/
youtu.be/WX2HGR1owiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SwKnV9-8i6E
youtu.be/l3jwR8aNIZY?list=PLfuHaTW9nnaDa6NgyCaujxNJZ0SrAfBqB
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18469605/Darkwood_-_hotfix_3_(developer_s_torrent)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Heavy Iron Spongebob games

No idea why I missed and ignored this gem for so many years. It's comfy as fuck and very fun lil' puzzler, and I'm not even a fan of puzzle-games in general. The story DLC was even better and more challenging than the main campaign.

Great for PC benchmarking too, thanks to its humongous Options menus.

Attached: talos principle.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Everyone knows about BFBB but the movie game really is underappreciated.

fpbp
Some of the best platformers in the whole genre
Remaster when?

Darkwood isn't one. It's shilled everywhere.

Darkwood is far from overlooked or underrated.

Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

I just wish the game had the same aesthetic as the cover art.

Attached: 306282-natural-doctrine-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 150K)

Sacred Underworld and Sacred Gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=XGxqfLXRYzM

>a free TC mod is one of the best shooters AND survival-horror games of the decade
Underhell: Cp1 was fucking amazing.

Attached: 2013-09-10_00003.jpg (1920x1200, 614K)

store.steampowered.com/app/947600/Eroico/

Basically the catch is that you can have sex with the enemies. But that's not all. It's also a really good platformer.

Attached: Eroico.jpg (1324x665, 90K)

got this pic from some thread some time ago

Attached: 1543482290778.jpg (1280x1217, 381K)

It only has about 3600 steam reviews. Thats not very many.

>Moth light
>close your eyes
literally who

It is plenty enough.

Fucking retard.

Is there dialogue and crap with the CGs or is it primarily just the sprites?

Attached: 20190126124818_1.jpg (1366x768, 144K)

There's some dialogue.

steam reviews mean nothing on how the game is doing

3030 Deathwar. It's a top-down 2D Elite game with story and humor. Has a much smaller, hand-crafted galaxy. Music is great.
store.steampowered.com/app/464360/3030_Deathwar_Redux__A_Space_Odyssey/

I liked this much more than Disgaea. Never met anyone else who played it.

Attached: 220px-Phantom_Brave_cover.jpg (220x309, 30K)

hidden gems
both rpg maker games you can get free on steam
Close Your Eyes is a horror, survival game that is also getting a Remake that's currently in Early Access
I don't really know how to explain what Moth Light is. It's kind of a typical rpg maker game with some really strange art, world and sound design

It's on Steam and has a demo, I'll try it.

Played it for 1 hour before I died and then I got bored of it. lol

Attached: 1535074568395.png (1473x1024, 200K)

best horror game ever made toobeeh.

Attached: Body_Harvest.jpg (378x264, 18K)

>nothing to do

I suspect that a similar percentage of people who buy a game end up writing a review. So comparing the number of reviews should give you a rough estimate of the relative sales of different games.
user... thats not very nice.

How was this game? Screenshots of it look fucking wild.

Combat can be a real pain in the ass, if you play on the highest difficulty.
Otherwise it's a pretty fun game. For example, I annoyed a quest NPC so much that he began to avoid me.

Attached: inquisitor_marriage.jpg (612x448, 175K)

Something I want to see tried again, there's some great promise in there but Natural Doctrine is ultimately a bit of a shitshow.

youtu.be/WX2HGR1owiQ

I have literally never seen anyone talk about this game, which is weird as it is mechanically perfect

An atmospheric horror game set in 60's Taiwan under martial law. It tells a pretty compelling and unique story though the gameplay elements do take a backseat especially during the latter part of the game. Check it out if you like classic atmospheric psychological horror games with puzzles and compelling stories like the Silent Hill series.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1532002638.jpg (616x353, 53K)

>Sold over 1 million copies
>Underrated/hidden

>Hidden gems/Indie stuff/underrated games.
>Indie stuff/underrated games.

i remember the devs are pretty based because they personally uploaded a torrent for you and endorsed trying the game through that before you buy

>personally uploaded a torrent
Nope. A dev commented on one torrent and urged pirates to download that specific one so that they wouldn't download ones with viruses.

Any games with the papercraft look?

Attached: 20180810233710_1.jpg (1366x768, 298K)

We've had a good number of threads here but otherwise it's seemed to have flown under the radar

Attached: Spear.png (256x256, 4K)

epic battle fantasy?

Patrician taste. Pic related is also fantastic.

Attached: soul nomad retard.png (640x480, 595K)

I want my fucking Makai Kingdom PC port, goddammit.

Drawn to Death

Attached: Drawn to Death.jpg (1920x1080, 670K)

Whoa shit that looks pretty crazy any good?

>I liked this much more than Disgaea
aw dude dont compare them, they both have a unique charm and we dont have enough of these character strategy games to make them fight

SS13, honestly. Such a good fucking game when you get the right server. Only ever played on two (one being the /vg/ server) and every round there's some wacky ass shenanigans you can get into it's awesome.

You can partially thank the game's initial reviews for that, but it ultimately is a niche game that mostly appeals to a minority of weirdos like (You) and me

absolutely patrician taste mate. probably the best way i've seen a game make use of an evil route postgame. i still have my physical copy on a nearby shelf along with a very select few games

you let them seal you inside the sword on purpose at the very end even though you could've won, right?

It's not. When it comes up it hardly even gets discussed. The devs even put the torrent for the game out themselves on piracy websites. I swear you fags that cry shill all the time just don't want anyone to talk about video games ever. Fuck off already.

>It's not. When it comes up it hardly even gets discussed
Wrong.
>The devs even put the torrent for the game out themselves on piracy websites
And??? What does that have to do with anything?

Go fuck yourself you cunt.

Servers closing in March 25

Are you a retard that doesn't know what shilling means and keep using the word anyways?

The fact that all your party members betray you because you're such a dick is amazing. And no I cut them down for backstabbing me.

This game had some amazing fucking twists, and Gig is a delight.

Attached: Soul Nomad Sabotuer.png (316x450, 232K)

Doesn't really help when you don't share the name of the game when you post about it.

>mothlight

Literally Off+Dark souls/Bloodborne

Bought this game for a dollar during a steam sale, pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had with it.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 25K)

Marrow was a fuckin' revelation.

Attached: Screeny6.png (1920x1080, 217K)

ahem

Attached: styx.jpg (656x616, 92K)

Seraphic Blue
Dhux's Scar

Wait a minute.

Attached: thumb-1920-794670.png (1920x1133, 1.48M)

youtube.com/watch?v=SwKnV9-8i6E

Top castlevania clone that predated Rondo of Blood by a few months. Rare in that is a PC98 game with no real eroge elements.

It's pretty blatantly "I really like souls games" the indie game, but it's rather effective in copying them in a satisfying way.

I can respect that. Cheers for the thread anons, I've been looking for some variety in the backlog.

Attached: boundbyflame.jpg (2544x2288, 1.32M)

>devs now work on day of infamy and insurgency
>ch2 never

Attached: 1538790488192.jpg (1115x1109, 201K)

There's been a thread about it every other day for the past week you stupid newfag Rain World: It's good

>no map
>no explanation what any of the shit you pick up does
>not even a fucking health bar

Attached: 1388357560787.jpg (213x268, 13K)

It's still missing content but what's there is amazing. It's got such a good atmosphere and the best combat system I've ever seen

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 118K)

>Why doesn't this game get more attention?
>I know! I won't mention the name and I'll insult anyone that asks about it!
Thanks for reminding me why Yea Forums is so shit. Everyone's just happy to be an asshole for no reason.

I've been a regular on Yea Forums for long before it came out, and I didn't hear about it until about a year after release. It's only recently that people have started talking about it with regularity here.

did anyone make an honest to god jrpg classic style game? with 3 min cut scenes and loads of weapons/secrets.

Didn´t quite like it when it stoped being about ghosts

It got too weaboo'ish at times but it is one of the best mods I played, as far as quality goes.

I guess it counts as popular cause it got a tf2 item but I don't care.

Gunpoint is a shitload of fun to play and is hilarious if you pick the dialogue that essentially makes it a naked gun spin off.

Everyone and their mom knows about Rain World on Yea Forums; it's outer exposure this game deserves. Stick your head in a microwave and zoom back the Reddit.

Attached: g1332222692991999682.jpg (261x258, 16K)

you know its indie when you type the name of the game and gameplay into youtube and its only the 5th result down.

Attached: jeanne.jpg (800x1363, 245K)

I guess I had this to get through last year, the obscurer ones ended up being the best ones
Volgarr really hit the spot as a fan of Castlevania 1

Attached: backlog folder.png (530x803, 62K)

>ran out of money and had to play backtrack for the entire second half of the game, still fun overall just a disappointing aspect
>unexpected success pushes a sequel, but they focus on turning the protagonist into a living meme
What a fucking waste

thank you. This looks really good. I will look into it when its out of early access.

That would probably be a while. It's good enough as is in my opinion. The campaign has great music and interesting level design and the combat is so good the arena mode has a lot of replay value

the motion sickness tho

Increase fov and disable motion blur and any effect that makes the game blurry.

>when its out of early access
D'OHOHOHO
It's effectively vaporware at this point.

>Jeanne D'Arc suggestions

I feel like I've been transported back to 08 Yea Forums

you can turn off the game over taunts in the options menu

>hidden gems thread
>posts trashy 2010s indie games

Zoomers were a mistake man

Attached: fisher of scorn.png (274x349, 16K)

you're a retard

>Endless Dungeon
Easily one of my fav indie games and im surprised not that many people talk about it.
Gr8 game if u like tower defense

Attached: Dungeon-of-the-Endless-Gets-Science-Resource-Added-Along-with-Several-Balances-430203-3.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

This
I honestly just with they would allow more than 4 characters at a time
It gets fucking hard near the end, nigh impossible if you get unlucky with monster spawns

>not playing the superior hardcore version
I can only assume this game is a half-assed attempt to profit off the name

Attached: header[1].jpg (460x215, 18K)

Abyss Odyssey from Ace Team, its a good game, with some weird gameplay features, and a interesting settings.

Early game is fun, but, late game gets really boring, especially because how limiting are the options get, if the game was shorter like 5 levels or 6 levels, I wouldn't mind, but, ten.
I still recommend the game.

Attached: abyss-odyssey-21.jpg (1920x1080, 501K)

This. The feeling of mashing a nigga's face in this game in not replicated anywhere else.

>Little Fighter 2
Oh boy, gonna have to redownload. Anyone remember what that mod was that added all of the crazy super moves?

Really loved this game when i found it. Too bad one of the cds was damaged and i didnt get to finish it.
Great thread, OP.

Attached: FFM-dqPMPZ9GJG0DsaRW9ex0I8MuJX7HIyGCobdIJAIF7KZe44rVPtRPi9cELKGvUoH2rkTpW_QOh3PnZevD01TTQcx_E-VOceGk (260x264, 34K)

I expected more content after you beat the endboss and not just unlocking another character.

That's one of its big appeal points.
First it starts off like some sort of a FEAR ripoff, then you're suddenly playing Resident Evil: Penumbra edition, and all the sudden METAL GEAR!

>the motion sickness tho
Why do ppl get motionsick out of Talos??

I think they didn't have the budget for their original concept.
youtu.be/l3jwR8aNIZY?list=PLfuHaTW9nnaDa6NgyCaujxNJZ0SrAfBqB

>I think they didn't have the budget for their original concept.
Then where the fuck did the money from Zeno Clash go?
Those 2 games sold a lot.

literal fucking retard.

Good thread op

Kenshi is a must play for people who like creating their own characters and watching them develop and grow, its Sims set in apocalyptic world where your only objective is to merely survive in the world. Its structured like Mount and Blade where you are just dropped into the game and expected to make your own goals, so it can really put people off based on the initial "what the fuck am I suppose to do" when playing it, and then you realize that you are simply trying to exist in the games world, not be a hero and complete questlines and stories etc, just to stay alive and do whatever it takes to do that.

Deep Rock Galactic is a great coop game, its still early access but the game is entirely functional. Not sure about the price though since it is such an incredibly basic game, maybe get it in a sale and its worth it.

I'm a fucking pussy but want to play Darkwoods. Looks like such a cool setting/story. Help.

You can refund it. 2 hours is enough to find out if you can handle it.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 33K)

The combat is fucking awful, its like two drunks swinging pool noodles at eachother. I liked what it was going for but it just feels like you are controlling a puppet on strings against other marionettes.

Or you can download the piratebay version.

Easier to just use Steam.

Magicat, it's a fun platformer with optional challenge gems.

Super cheap on Steam and Switch. At least 10 hours play time.

Attached: magicat-1.jpg (740x416, 103K)

Anyone else played this? It might be Indonesian but you'd think the Japs were behind it, it just captures that old school, PS2 era JRPGs comfy feel perfectly, at least for me

Attached: Legrand Legacy.jpg (1552x873, 268K)

>Deep Rock Galactic

ROCK AND STONE!

thepiratebay.org/torrent/18469605/Darkwood_-_hotfix_3_(developer_s_torrent)
Devs version.

Apart from this and Lost in Vivo, what are some other recent, worthwhile PC horror games?

But I get my rocks off on Styx bullying me

Fear and Hunger
Beware though, it is definitely not for everyone. It is graphic and has a steep learning curve.

Attached: 1534677144657.jpg (338x422, 70K)

Cryostasis for great spooks with a surprisingly fantastic plot.

Are these supposed to be negatives?

Cat Quest

Attached: Cat Quest.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Underrail for sure

What game is it?

In no particular order, games I've enjoyed
>Nuclear Throne
>DUSK
>Environmental station alpha
>Goner
>Wuppo
>Ziggurat
>Killer 7
>Machinarium

Attached: 1549742527025.png (225x225, 4K)

good casual roguelike with a sense of humor and modding community. too bad the company went under.

Attached: Dungeons-of-Dredmor-Free-Download.jpg (670x384, 51K)

You are a smart boy, you can find the solution.

same, I was totally down for a silent hill/sneaky game

it was also way shorter than I thought

fuck off

Criminally too short. It was so good it was the only game I've ever written a steam review for.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 41K)

I don't have anything against games that don't hold your hand, but there is absolutely no reason not to have any kind of health indicator other than withholding information just to be obtuse. It doesn't even make sense from an immersion standpoint.

Devotion is currently top selling game on Steam.

Good if you enjoy SRPG gameplay.
Base premise is interesting enough.
Characters and story sadly lackluster.
End-game is absolutely amazing, and to date it's the only game to have ever justified my compulsive conservationism.

Part of this is because magic in Natural Doctrine works slightly different.
All of it draws on a shared resource: a precious material called pluton, measured in milligrams.
If you don't show discretion in its use, at best you'll break even.

This is important because the end game is fucking bananas and you need to start burning it like a madman just to stay alive.
There's also something incredibly surreal about seeing your mage, who's been useless the whole game, suddenly transform into the unholy avatar of destruction.

Attached: title01hdlp5.jpg (1920x1080, 2.01M)

Brigador, Running With Rifles, Heat Signature, Deadbolt, Overload, Synthetik, to name a few I've been playing these past months.
There's plenty of good fucking games to play down here below the mainstream.
There's some shit ones too.

>Brigador
so much this. these devs deserve much bigger things, it was made with so much love

>braindead

This game has been discussed a lot on Yea Forums for a while
There's not much else to say about it so it doesn't show up anymore. Go back to red_dit_er_ra

The edgy boss and the fire/ice secret character have enough crazy moves, I don't even want to know how mugen the modding scene gets

>le reddit this is reddit
>stop talking about games
ebin

Bloodrayne: Betrayal is really good.