youtube.com/watch?v=qxA4hvNb0PA
streamable.com/06j3v
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
labofabyll.com/others/Gridmap20180125.png
youtu.be/iR-K2rUP86M
youtube.com/watch?v=fnNBX7tCH8Y
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44825
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty sure I took dunmer 9 out of 10 times in this game. Almost anything else felt wrong.

Attached: t7sVhIF.jpg (1800x3000, 649K)

Because Morrowind, and to a lesser degree Skyrim, work best when they are about someone rediscovering their heritage. That's how it becomes personal, which is very important for the atmosphere of the game.

dunmer makes most sense for the main quest. other questlines can work well with other races. imperial thieves guild/imperial cult character that frees argonian and khajiit slaves was fun

I always play argonian. More fun being a real outlander.

>stab rat continuously
>miss half the time
>takes forever to die
Anyone who defends this games combat system is a retard.

This game freezes every time I quit to desktop. help.

Attached: 45D74CE8-5513-409F-BB25-6A618467DA9F.png (500x307, 172K)

don't quit to desktop

But the MC is canonically not from Morrowind, even if they are a dunmer. It doesn't change anything and in fact during the game several factions change the prophecy to make it fit with their own interests. I do know that apparently it's supposed to be either an imperial or a dunmer, but you should consider that even the gods try to trick you every second. Any race would do, they just need an useful idiot to carry out their plans.

let me guess,you didn't spec points into the weapon you were using and were out of stamina?

youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU

>Soul of Golden Saint
>Constant Recovery Fatigue 5 pts
>Never worry again

shit game. shit combat. shit writing. shit story. shit quests. shit inventory management. shit skills. Shit antagonist who's only real power is being a flaming faggot and blowing sand in your face. Shit "chosen one" protagonist (LOL IT'S OKAY IF MORROWIND DOES IT!!!!). Broken at every turn. Want to break the economy? Brew potions. Want to be invincible? Brew potions. Want to beat the game within 10 minutes of stepping off the ship? Brew potions. Stiff, lifeless world, full of stiff lifeless characters that don't exist unless they are within 10 feet of the PC (but that's CHIM LOL!!!!!). Game is only even slightly just barely tolerable if modded. Why most of Yea Forums thinks this garbage is good is beyond me.

>MISS
>MISS
>MISS

Been missing everything you swing at because it's not actually an action RPG? No problem bro. Just brew up some potions, sell'em, and buy your skills! It's not pay to win if it's in game currency!

Attached: 121.jpg (251x201, 6K)

Are you using OpenMorrowind or the steam version?

Attached: Sweet_Prince.jpg (1523x2048, 475K)

Steam. What the fuck is OpenMorrowind?

Look it up senpai. Open source engine morrowind. Its in constant development and works with mods

Why is caius casades so based?

Attached: EAJ4UZB.jpg (625x948, 125K)

shit bait,try harder

>
>
Not based. I use the mod Nationalist Nerevarine. Lets you completely ignore the blades and just full on be a true Dunmer.

>the truth
>bait

You've been on this forum too long user.

Its a open source version of Morrowind that supports higher resolutions and more mod support. Its more stable,and runs better on modern hardware than the steam version because steam decides to sell you broken ass games (Max Payne).

openmw.org/downloads/

Here use it, its 10 times better than the steam version.

Attached: HUH on me.gif (480x368, 994K)

You don't have to be the chosen one. You can literally say you're just some dude who happened to not die while everyone else did. Dagoth even acts like a bro over this. If you choose to be the reincarnation he's a dick though.

Is it really that much better? I used to be part of the major Morrowind Modding Discord and they did nothing but shit all over OpenMorrowind saying it is shit and more unstable and laggy. Like it doesnt support shadows, grass, trees and major mods from MWSE.

Sure morrowind is flawed, most of us just dont care. The fact of reality is morrowind was the last good elder scrolls with role play value and there are gameplay overhaul mods that work unless you are absolutely fucking retarded. Darker morrowind and lights 300 make morrowind look downright gothic and gorgeous in 2019.

The only thing true about what you said was the broken brewing and static world. For the "chosen one" protagonist thing, that's a problem that every Bethesda game suffers from.

For combat, you have to be retarded to think its shit. If you are missing all of your hits then put points into that weapon tree. If you are the same retarded user that posted those shit webms that got disproved, I hope you seek help for your mental disorder.

Attached: stop_it.png (581x502, 395K)

That was when OpenMorrowind was in its early build. They pumped out a lot of updates since, and its really stable. It still has some problems with the lighting only when you use a spell, but other than that, its pretty stable and I use it to play and for my multiplayer server.

what's the benefit of using openmw over vanilla with mge?

I feel to casual to play this game, everytime I install it, I play for a bit and have fun for like 10 hours but I always feel so lost I stop playing. I might try to do it again, any mods I should use for a less... clunky experience? Also something that stop that assassin from attacking me first night I sleep in a bad, it's not that he's hard to kill but his stuff sells for too much money and I find that it makes the early game really easy.

Attached: fi.jpg (714x1120, 115K)

there's mods for that, just look about on the nexus
I also recommend speed booster mods and mana regen

well first of all, on the game's launcher you can just disable tribunal in "data files" to stop the assassin attacks until you're ready for them, because mournhold and its content are higher level stuff anyway. what else do you find clunky?

Imagine watching a disingenuous .webm about a game on Yea Forums and taking it to heart

>Limeware platter
>Killed Tax man
>Fargoth's stash
>Secret Daedric weapon
It's not hard to be rich in the beginning user. If you're really good you can almost get a full Daedric set at level 1.

what game do like? I will tell you the equivalent of brewing potions and breezing through. literally any game.

you don't have a 50% chance of the game locking up so hard you need to cut power from you pc because you tried to load a game. OMW also has a lot of stuff that's part of the enhancement package (high res/modern aspect ratios, view distance, cursor turning red if looking at owned item, etc)

youtube.com/watch?v=y0EApCmB9Jo

Attached: 43_QRppC4xw.jpg (512x512, 44K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zyLFHqmUH_4

oh cool, so i can play it basically exactly as i play vanilla morrowind but more stable, with mods on top? nice, nice

It has exclusives mods and textures too. Oh and Oblivion and Skyrim ESPs are now supported.
>youtube.com/watch?v=oWPAGuPsQ4A
It's not quite ready yet but who knows. In a few years we'll be playing Oblivion and Skyrim with Morrowind's mechanics! By then the engine should be dehardcoded too allowing pretty much anything to be done.

Oh and forgot to mention. Fallout 3 will also be supported.
>youtube.com/watch?v=3Cw1kIIEsjY

Is there a QuickLoot mod for OpenMW yet?

You guys wanna hear a joke?
House Hlaalu

Attached: tumblr_nppx00NY8T1rbmp18o1_1280.jpg (750x499, 122K)

Too soon. Red Year just happened s'wit.

I know but I don't want to cheese the game in my first playthrough

I'll check it out thanks

Thanks, I always get a bit screwed over, maybe it's just me not knowing the game but I remember what made me quit my first playthrough was a mob that drained all of one of my stats, strenght I think, and I couldn't move without dropping all my items, and since I was playing a strenght based characters I couldn't get fixed without dying to anything, so I just quit. Morrowind has a lot of things like that that are frustrating.

Next time don't worship a mouth breather who threatens to drop a meteor on you if you stop telling him how much he's not a total faggot

He has both organs bro. He ain't a faggot.

It's still a retarded combat system, action RPGs with dice rolling mechanics are shitty by design.
At low levels not being able to hit anything even though you visually do is counter-intuitive and immersion breaking, and when you have high agility enemies barely hit you even though you don't actively evade attacks. It's terrible. This is why Gothic gameplay >>> Morrowind gameplay

True but it's the future user. Once OpenMW is feature complete we will have the definitive Bethesda game. Skywind? Pfft. How about Morrowind innately being able to have Skyrim's graphics? Want Dark Souls gameplay? fuck it mod it in. It's the future.

don't you have kebab to chew on kraut?

Dude you got to be autistic to miss all your hits at low level. If you put one of the weapon types as your major skill, then you will probably miss only 1/5 times.

what does he do with all the money anyway?

Attached: f9f715efbd6b1e9e8fba1f9f6ab47307.jpg (640x480, 70K)

plus when you're mid level it stops being a problem and you're soon hitting 100% of the time anyway...

>Naafalilargus: I so do love mortal fantasy. I'll play along: what will you give me for the soul of Prince A'Tor?
>Cyrus: I'll spell your name right on your tombstone.
based

he's literally the only blade who is competent. every single other one you've interacted with in the series is worthless.

So when the hell is OpenMW getting distant land?

Sooner than you think. Shadows are finally back.

I picked Altmer because if Azura punished the Dunmer for murdering Nerevar by turning them gray, then Nerevar's reincarnation should look like the Dunmer before their punishment

Holy shit this is cool. What can we expect from an Open Source engine Skyrim?

Any mod made for OpenMW will be compatible and I assume someone can either recreate Skyrim's story with Morrowind's engine, or recreate Morrowind in Skyrim's engine. So basically Skywind.

>Oh and Oblivion and Skyrim ESPs are now supported
WHAT IN THE GODDAMN

Attached: vehkek.png (513x450, 479K)

Don't forget Fallout 3 and eventually New Vegas. Ain't that a kick in the head?

Anybody has a TES Redguard GOG setup?
I can offer Battlespire in return

Solitude
>youtube.com/watch?v=AujXUWgWnoY

Bthardamz
>youtube.com/watch?v=Eu7VjuRXW6c

Fallout 3
>youtube.com/watch?v=Mb888gx6D6I

Imperial City
>youtube.com/watch?v=U58gC1EAtMI

reminder to try out multiplayer

Attached: tes3mp_dagoth_ur.jpg (1920x1080, 606K)

what a SHITE you are.

EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T CHOOSE TO BE AN ARGONIAN OR AN ORC IS AN IDIOT.

Need a sneed mod

>Wanting to be a filthy slave
>Wanting to be a pigmer

people who play argonians or khajiit are furfags. orcs are cool though.

Attached: HlaaluWinkwink.png (500x566, 127K)

My greatest pain is that there's nothing left for me.

There's no dungeons left to experience for the first time. There's no new loot to put in my treasure room. There's no new quests or cool spells or anything, I've done it all.

Every mod worth the time, everything in the game, I've done it all.

morrowind sticky feet sounds are so oddly nice to listen to

Seriously though why did they choose Neloth? He's in like 2 quests.

Attached: 156.jpg (500x278, 91K)

Make new experiences then. Go to the TR website and apply to be an interior guy, which is easy enough to do and only requires basic competence with the construction set.

From the most recent blogpost:
>A new contributor, bzzt, has recently started working on large-scale optimisations of our engine, focusing on terrain rendering in order to prepare adding in his vision of a future distant-objects feature. Among many other things, his changes – should they be merged – will improve both the look and the performance of distant terrain in OpenMW.

how buggy is openmw?
also, post your characters

Attached: bonemold.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

How's Morrowind in German?

Have you played Tamriel Rebuilt? There's a fuck ton of quests.

I’m claiming this thread for the glory of Daggerfall

last time I tried out tr the landmass was empty, this is good news

>db armor
you n'wah.

The only consistent bug I have is this especially annoying one where if someone is running toward you and you cast a spell aiming at their torso it goes right through them. Also NPC navigation is still trash, seemingly even more so than vanilla MW. God I hope someone fixes it one day.

fyr is too based

About half of it is completed now. They just finished Old Ebonheart which is one gigantic city ala New York City. Thieves Guild questline there is one of the best I've ever seen.

Vvardenfell... home...
I really dislike extended LOD modes, the max I could go with would be 1 adjacent cell. It's depressing to see how small the world is without fog when you see Vivec off the ship in Seyda Neen.

Attached: 847b5309e683221d5e52242a7060b43ab7767a3415d84c0e700a6247abef8cd5.jpg (3840x2160, 3.56M)

well you can set that, if you make that lod unlimited you can see solthsteim from seyda neen now thats silly.

>Hlaalu
Fucking kek

Attached: images (1) - Copy.jpg (204x247, 10K)

>that 90 degree line separating ashlands and grazelands
what the fuck were they thinking

plate tectonics

He is the greatest wizard.Most based guy in the game.

Attached: tumblr_pc4ta0MKtI1r2jxuxo1_1280.png (680x566, 345K)

So no one can complain that they butchered his character. It worked out well, Neloth was a fucking superstar by Skyrim character standards and no one had a reason to scream bloody murder.

Is there any routine you always do when starting a new character? i always get boots of blinding speed ASAP and those lockpicking gloves at solstheim

top kek

Grab Fargoth's ring and give it to him for Anvill's trade bonus.

I always make a Spellsword and join Telvanni.

What I would like is ~2 cells worth of vision, and a sprite of Red Mountain that's visible from anywhere.

Attached: screenshot123.jpg (1024x615, 140K)

>Limeware platter
>Fargoth's ring
>Fargoth's stash
>Killed Tax Collector bounty hunt
>Buy Mark and Recall
Who's gonna complain? and if that's what worried them then have Todd Fyr another clone of him be there.

why is everyone going on about what they would like, mge lets you set the fucking fog distance doesn't it?

Well I do set the fog distance to 2 cells, but I'd like to still have the mountain always looming over me.

watch the skies

how the fuck do you live with 150 carryweight, I'm at 200 and always have to discard ingredients and shit

the sad truth is, in morrowind? red mountain is a mountainlet, it doesn't loom over shit.

Attached: morrowind.png (1677x1011, 2.11M)

does OpenMW support bouncing tits?

>Hortator? War leader of House Telvanni? Is that necessary? Why doesn't anyone tell me about these things? So. Do you want the job? Are you qualified? Good. Then go ahead. I don't care. Be the Hortator. Now go away.
This alone made Neloth one of the best Morrowind characters for it. The flippancy was really welcome after all the effort everyone else made you go through

I mean, if you play a female character the feminist telvanni lady is just laughing it up when she hands you the title.

Soon. They are still getting Oblivion/Skyrim animations working. Once those kinks are done and they import the models to Morrowind it will probably be done.
youtube.com/watch?v=foXWwQJBGAo

i try not to hoard stuff

AEUGH! EEEEE!

Attached: Capture.jpg (985x717, 87K)

How do I achieve the same look? I don't remember if MGE had godrays and foggy LOD but then it's been like 5 years since I played.

Horator? How do you even get that quest? I ended up being invited to see Vivec and just went on to kill Dagoth Ur. Never saw a thing about being Horator.

not him but I use a portable house mod to hoard my extra stuff and put my armors/weapons on display.
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/29579/

Attached: displayroom.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

>Once those kinks are done and they import the models to Morrowind it will probably be done.

Bouncing tits aren't just animations, the models need skeletons with bones for all the moving parts(the latest UNP bodies have bones rigged for tits, fat belly, the ass, tail, hair and wings), then you need the ingame physics to affect them via HDT so they actually move with motions and gravity, and if lucky, collision for each of those parts independently of the main collision box so you can actually touch and grab them.

This is pretty involved stuff, i think people underestimate the big titty technology that goes into Skyrim mod.

I usually kill the pawn shop owner in Balmora, drop all of my items, and pay the fine. It's pretty close to the silt strider and guilds, and I like to collect lots of garbage.

So this is basically gonna become OpenSkyrim? Why aren't more people talking about this?

I just use the multiple mark mod to put teleportation marks fucking everwhere
I always make sure to leave one slot open for wherever i am at that particular moment so I can pop back into Tel Uvrith to dump off loot

Because normalfags can't into Morrowind and would rather do a total conversion on that travesty of an engine called Gamebryo

meant to post this instead of the stock image.

Attached: 20190222173419_1.jpg (1920x1080, 582K)

I hope he shows up in 6, but Neloth was probably the best character in skyrim

But once they fully get it working it will be Skyrim gameplay too. I wonder how Bethesda is going to feel about that because in lets say the next decade we'll have
>Dehardcoded Morrowind,Oblivion,Skyrim unified engine
>Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil, Morrowind, Roscrea, Atmora, Illiac Bay
>Tamriel Rebuilt: Morrowind, Skyrim, Cyrodiil

why are scribs so aborable?

Attached: scrib pet.png (800x1004, 252K)

>probably the best character in skyrim
Pretty much one of the only 10 characters with actual personality

the bitter coast and ascadians were so comfy

Kinda bummed the Beyond Skyrim team plan to disregard him adopting you into House Telvanni since he's a "nobody" according to them.

>since he's a "nobody" according to them.
Isn't Neloth master rank? The fuck do they want? Archmagister Gothren to let you in?

Well he pretty much is by the Fourth Era. Probably all of the Telvanni are dead.

Attached: 1512009354340.jpg (311x399, 57K)

fuck you I'm stuck with those faggots because you said you could join so many factions

Attached: hlaalu comfiness.jpg (1280x720, 321K)

Attached: 1550202974654.png (480x480, 88K)

They justified it by saying it'd be too easy to join with just his questline and would be unfair to the players who want to join other houses to have a harder time.

I always pick khajit because of the hilarious way they walk, which cheers me up when I have to walk 60 miles for a quest. Also, because everything in the game seems so strange and alien to our world it feels right to play as an outsider.

Native Dunmer mod when?

I feel like most of the brass got out safely. I'd be really shocked if Neloth was the only one. Wasn't Skyrim like 200 years after the red year? Wouldn't be surprised if they made a decent recovery by then

>not controlling the shekels

Attached: hlaalu_merchant_by_lelek1980-d5b2i1u.jpg (1280x448, 237K)

It's based on your reputation. If you did enough quests for various people and factions around the island before reaching the fourth trial you are considered respected enough by everyone to skip that whole part of the main quest.

Pretty sure all houses minus Hlaalu are okay now.

that kinda ruins the whole prophecy at the start of the game

Prophecy says a "stranger" would save Morrowind not Outlander. Can you truly say one person is stranger than another?

they do a *thump thump*

>major Telvanni lord
>basically fucking owns Sadrith Mora
>house is right outside the Vvardenfell Council House
>"""nobody"""

The little sounds they make

cute feet

As far as my lore knowledge goes on the Great Houses, by the 4E they are:

Redoran
>becomes the biggest house after the red year
>btfo the argonians from mournhold and south morrowind
>leading efforts to rebuild vvardenfell
>solstheim declared independent redoran territory
>pretty much the only house that actually matters

Telvanni
>argonians invade telvanni territory and kill everyone
>a few survivors escape to skyrim but are shipwrecked
>one of the only surviving high-rank telvanni is now in riften's jail
>also neloth is around I guess

Dres
Hlaalu
>absolutely BTFO lmao

I always imagined that mainland Morrowind and Vvardenfell had different accents so I could play a native from the mainland but the Vvardenfell natives would think of me as an outlander

right but telvanni recovered

That roleplay is kill once TR is out.

>western horn of Morrowind
>conquered by argonians
lmao what?
the argonians took INDORIL territory, they didn't touch Telvanni lands

That was my headcanon to explain why Oblivion Dunmer sounded like a bunch of faggots. Although the idea that my Nerevarine sounds like them is not so cool.

TR?

I completed the main quest for Morrowind and the expansions on OpenMW. I only have Patch for Purists as my only mod. If I were to start a new game, what essential mods should I install? Should I also install the official plugins from Bethesda? Can I put a penis on my female character with Better Bodies?

>did thieves guild quest before doing Brand-Shei's quest
>discover his past
>can never tell him now

Attached: 1541136480574.jpg (519x447, 40K)

>en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lymdrenn_Tenvanni's_Journal
Explain this

outlanders are faggots so it fits, n'wah

Tamriel Rebuilt. It's a mod that is creating the entire mainland of Morrowind. Half of it is currently finished with Quests, Factions, and everything. Eventually we'll be able to join House Dres and Indoril.

>Try to play this game a bunch of times in my usual TES builds
>Can't get anywhere cause i didn't know how the game worked
>Gave up multiple times
>Create an Altmer wizard
>Your game is now playable
This is pretty fun, what tips do you guys have for creating your own spells and getting more money?

Attached: RustlemyCHIM.png (307x279, 86K)

you want money? alchemy, it's way more abusable than the sequels

Yeah but every now and then I'm reminded that my Nerevarine supposedly sounds like this gaylord

youtube.com/watch?v=1rNNwyXidYg

>youtube.com/watch?v=qxA4hvNb0PA

>patch for purists
I've been looking for something like this for eleven years. Thank you.
Dres Lizard Boots is my one essential mod.

i fucking hate m*r

Attached: 1550640437316.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

>once TR is out.
At this point Beyond Skyrim has a better chance of creating the entire of Tamriel in Skyrim's engine than TR does of finishing Morrowind. What is it like 15 years of development and they're barely halfway done?

>join House Dres

Attached: loser.jpg (676x507, 187K)

First few years the project didn't do anything. Now they've been releasing things at blazing speeds. Like this user posted.
All their releases have had around that level of content which is fucking nuts. They posted a timeline and I believe they'll have 75% of the mainland done by 2022. The hardest part is the new assets and once that's done things will go faster. My estimate is 2025 for it to be completed. Beyond Skyrim will probably release around then too.

me too haha
want to get some coffee sometime?

Attached: pelinal blush.jpg (500x500, 25K)

sure bruh,what flavor?

>Loser
>Mercantile, Sneak, Speechcraft

Attached: 1544453905136.jpg (151x233, 11K)

Post yfw playing dehardcoded Morrowind modded with TR's final release 23 YEARS after the game's initial release

Attached: 1480611606862.jpg (409x409, 31K)

Morrowindfags will defend this.
And no, I am not saying Skyrim or Oblivion are better, they're all bad in this regard.

Attached: morrowindfags will defend this.png (1148x305, 193K)

>flavor
>not drinking black coffee, as was intended
S'WIT

Attached: 1548192545765.png (500x505, 97K)

If you judge games based on what they can't do then you truly are autistic

I judge games based on what they're SUPPOSED to be doing. Morrowind is SUPPOSED to be an open-ended RPG yet it fails in this aspect.

>implying the gay robot wouldn't want something sweet in his beverage

whatever you want
in GLORIOUS REMAN's time we will have every flavour you could desire

Attached: reman.png (1020x1488, 2.7M)

pelinal is pretty cute isn't he haha

Attached: 1448145974690.png (900x1020, 923K)

The degree of open-endedness you want does not exist in videogame format

Open ended does not mean you get to pick from a myriad of outcomes for every single last quest. Sure it'd be cool if every side quest had 8 different outcomes but that's just not feasible.

nah, having more than one option this quest is something that could be easly achieved in the engine.
Just add some dialogue with the guy who runs the place, whatever his name was, and tell him that this nord is shaking people down for money under his nose.
quality>quantity

>Adamowicz concept art Pelinal
N I C E
Now post more TES art

Attached: 1502412675326.jpg (1179x1920, 851K)

something's not quite right about this.....

Didn't she curse the Chimer since the Tribunal used the heart to become gods?

k

Attached: tumblr_o5sqc6gksp1qmu7sqo1_1280.jpg (1248x1920, 818K)

Yeah, so easy for the hundreds of quests in the game.

Someone who fled during the invasion and was gone when Redoran pushed them back with house telvanni help.

Telvanni is still a great house in 4E, the Argonians were pushed back to northern shadowfen.

>*siiiiiip*
ahhhh House Hlaalu

Attached: 1548066660136.jpg (550x550, 46K)

nobody thinks hlaalu was a good house

>house redoran
best house

Attached: armor redoran warrior.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

hope yall niggas don't forget about TESMP. the multioplayer fork.

no indeed, but a house you doonmers didn't know, good times
>*siiiiiips*

Also a gay robot from the future.
>CODA makes it canon

c0da is fucking retarded

>TESMP
Once Skyrim and Oblivion work those become MP too. Bros...

holy shit i didn't think about that

I don't remember everything I did. I just know that I took the Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds and Graphics and installed most of the stuff from there manually since the mod is outdated, then set MGE XE up properly. Not sure what texture and mesh improvement mods I used.

Never go fight Bone Walkers without restore strength potions

>RPGs with dice rolling mechanics are shitty by design.

You are the cancer that is killing video games

He said action RPGs. And by that I'm fairly sure he meant 3D action RPGs. Dice rolls are perfectly fine in games like Neverwinter Nights, hell NWN even had dodge animations. Fucking technology, I know. But in simple go poke enemies with a stick real time type of games dice hit chance is a horrible choice. Dice roll the damage if you have to, but don't combine having to manually target with having to pass a hit check, that's just stupid.

I couldn't find the dwemmer puzzle box and never completed the main story for that reason

Attached: 1364411578900.jpg (497x358, 36K)

You are looking at it from a modern perspective. Back then every CRPG had dice rolls. Back then nobody batted an eye even though it was in real time because dice rolls were the norm.

Would you care to explain how one would make a first person RPG that did not require you to mouse over targets to hit them with your attacks?
Do you wish Morrowind had tab targeting and autoattacks?

>You will never be a cute salve girl forced to service telvanni wizard dicks on the regs

Attached: 161156.jpg (1260x721, 55K)

On OpenMW's wiki MCP page it says the pick up full stack of items by default is available as a feature on OpenMW, how do I activate it? I can't find the setting

Will Bannerlord beat OpenMw 1.0?

Bannerlord actually has financial backing and a clear agenda to make a profit so I'm going with that.

How do I stop minmaxing/going straight for the best loot and enjoy the game again ;_; I miss rp'ing like I was a kid.

Plus they're not even the same type of goddamn game at all. I'm probably going to have to use an external GPU on my laptop to screw with it since I'm running a 4GB 1050ti but whatever. I knew that was likely coming anyways.

What dose banner lord have to do with morrowind?

Get an Xbox, a CRT and the Xbox version. You will never not be tempted to piss on the game with your mods and cheats when you can. Your simplest frustration will cause you to default to mods and cheats unless they're simply not available to you. I've learned this the hard way with some games. Sometimes you simply cannot fight temptation.

Like I said, quality>quantity

Reminder dungmer are now nigger tier by the 4th era.

Honestly best piece of advice I've ever seen. Wholesome post user.

thing is I've never modded or cheated, I just played the shit out of it when i was a kid and know where all the good gear is. It just turns into a rote speedrun for me and I get bored and never make it through a playthrough anymore.

I suppose you can't go back to one game indefinitely though so its entirely possible my expectations are too high.

Despite the punishment and the dunmer renouncing her, I always got the feeling that Azura still considered them hers.

Probably. Though they mentioned once that OpenMw is already technically 1.0 the only thing holding it back is the construction kit. Luckily devs who don't work on the CK work on new shit ala distant land, animations, oblivion,skyrim,fallout support.

>"My first question is: Are you really Nerevar reborn?"
>I am a self-willed hero, and I make my own fate.
>"You are bold. I honor your independence. You are one to teach the gods their limits. I hope the bards will praise the glory of your death in song."
I always liked how he asked you a bunch of questions right before the fight, like what you would do with the heart assuming you win and if he had just asked would you have given the tools.

Goddamnit, I'm gonna do it, we're doing a Morrowind run. I want to make a new character anyways, one that goes balls deep into Conjuration for as many summons as possible.

Attached: 1548384799067.gif (250x230, 927K)

What are the best vendor spells for damage?

What exactly does this mean for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim?

>want to play MW again
>remember all the grinding at the start so you can kickstart some good stat gains and super potions
I don't want to cheat...

>>I am a self-willed hero, and I make my own fate.
Actual correct answer btw

Attached: 1499029904888.png (1265x933, 665K)

Would mods work with that? I only really use one that extends the draw distance because I'm a zoomer and the graphics themselves don't bother me but the godawful draw distance does.playing morrowind co-op might be the only way to get my brother to play this shit.

Just teaching them a lesson.

Gamers had lower quality standards back then. They didn't realize how counter-intuitive the action gameplay was because they were enamored with the good things about Morrowind. We've grown far more critical of games since then.

>Each trigger is written in the script. but without the player character, there is no trigger

Quick rundown on this guy?

Attached: steal his look.png (1023x919, 1.26M)

The one guy you meet in TES that's actually cooler than the PC

>gamers
>we
>critical
I suppose it is my duty to reply to those less fortunate than myself.

Attached: 1526500713545.jpg (576x1000, 345K)

>Creates female copies of himself
>calls them his daughters
>gives them the D
Beyond based

Redoran aren't worst house solely because Hlaalu exists.

How so?

I can't figure out how to run this game. I got Redguard at the Thrift Store I work at and the launcher opens, but I can't find any of my stuff in the setup. I am a computer brainlet though.

Fuck off elf scum you know it's true.

are there any mods to make this game not a slog?

The mod is finally updated when we getting a Yea Forums server going for the weekend? I'd host it myself but I wouldn't be able to hold more then a couple

It means they'll eventualy be playable in the OpenMorrowind engine. Meaning Skyrim,Oblivion, Fallout 3 will be completely open source and dehardcoded. Modders will be able to do literally anything.

Want to play Skyrim with Morrowind mechanics? You can! Want to play Fallout 3 with Morrowind mechanics? You can! Want to do the opposite? You can!

That's not to mention all the base things too. Skyrim has the animations for weapons hardcoded. With it dehardcoded Spears can be added in a natural way. Not some weird hacks like it currently is.

It'd be weird but in theory you can have all the game world spaces at once. Allowing you to travel all of Tamriel in each era and America.

It means you can edit those games as if you had the source code. You can modify the game in anyway.

He's a 4000 year old Dunmer (born as a Chimer) and essentially a lvl.9999 sorcerer who's BFFs with Sotha Sil and Yagrum Bagarn (last living Dwemer). He also has four "daughters" that are actually clones of himself, and he probably fucks them regularly because he's an absolute CHAD. Aside from that, he also studied with Morian Zenas (author of On Oblivion), was the only person in all of Vvardenfell with a full set of Daedric Armor and he also built a dungeon below his mushroom tower and filled it with priceless artifacts so that he could watch adventurers get killed trying to reach them, you know, for fun.

>telvanni
>best and most fun house, shittiest stronghold
>hlaalu
>shittiest house, best stronghold

>Tel Uvrith
>bad
NIGGUH U TAKE THAT BACK
UNMODDED TEL UVRITH IS THE FUCKING SHIT AND MODS ONLY MAKE IT BETTER

Attached: 1550161071819.jpg (604x554, 80K)

No. It sucks.

So is he dead or what?

Don't forget Morrowind era Cyrodiil is also being made.
streamable.com/06j3v

What is the Nerevarine doing in Akavir bros

Can't wait to see PGE1 Imperial City

He probably wrecked shit there and is the reason there hasn't been another invasion.
He also discovered throat singing.
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

Neveremind about it ho ho

It's Fyr. Of course he's still alive.

It felt right to pick an outlander. I feel like a big theme of the game's story is that the Neravarine is meant to be an outsider, that Morrowind has to realize that part of the problem comes from within its society. I like the theme of how the tribes and houses have to accept an outlander as their savior. The original neravar was betrayed by the gods and had his body mutilated, so it makes sense he comes back as an outlander, because only when he is accepted as that, can morrowind move on

We're never going to find out because Todd is an asshole. Unless he basically blows my face off with Elder Scrolls: Akavir. I doub't that's in his wheelhouse since he'd have to hire full-time (actually) good writers to take it down.

Imagine
>prisoner in the Akavirian Kingdom from a crashed ship
>choose your class/race
>you're a complete foreigner on this continent no matter who you pick

It would be a monstrous undertaking and Bethesda can't do it now. Or else I've severely underestimated them. No ESO shit either fuck you.

Should I buy Morrowind? I enjoyed Oblivion but thought the leveling system was kinda shit.

labofabyll.com/others/Gridmap20180125.png Check it out. (It's 10k by 6k)

>buy
no
>play
yes

Morrowind uses the same system but enemies don't scale (before expansion content).

What did you think was bad about the oblivion leveling system? Was it too complicated? That's a serious question in regard to morrowind.

It's not the same dumbass.

It's similar enough scum

I think it's dumb how the most efficient way to level your character is to not put skills you use a lot in your major skills. It just felt wonky to me .

Morrowind doesn't have that, thankfully.
The leveling system pretty much ruins Oblivion and should be modded out post-hast.

>Cephoriad
>Mir Corrup
>Artemon
>Sutch
MY DICK

Being a Nord is my favorite for this reason, given they're effectively the mortal enemy of the Dunmer.
>"Vvardenfell is for the Nords!"

almost as bad as an argonian Nerevarine

Attached: v0e67z5.jpg (890x1046, 104K)

That's, unfortunately how it works in oblivion. It indicates what you've been using the most and trends towards it. It's only doing what you were actually doing in the game and indicating it for upgrades. I don't like it either.

My first WRPG was Neverwinter Nights so that probably invalidates me.

calm down you dumb ordinator

Whoever is responsible for the design of Vivec City should have all their limbs broken, severed, shot, set on fire and then have their lungs filled with water

t. Hasn't Achieved CHIM

Every time I play I piss off the Ordinators with the dead guy armor near the Sixth house base.
Makes visits to Vivec more lively.

>Be Dunmer
>NPC: What about you? Do you hate the Dunmer too?
>NPC: Are you one of those Skyrim is for the Nords type?
>Choice 1: Yes people like me should not be allowed here
What the fuck?

that probably happened to them anyway

Latinos for Trump, essentially.

>"Dunmer? You mean those damn Gray-Skins!? Hate 'em! They should all burn till they look even more like ash!"

Attached: chappelle_041504_002_1082050726.jpg (440x293, 20K)

friendly reminder that dunmer are the most racist race in Tamriel, they literally believe that other races are subhuman and equivalent to animals. See their rules on necromancy.

ILLUSION 100

If it was any other game than Skyrim I would say the PC was meant to sound sarcastic and the dumb nords didn't realize.

Legal and illegal are different things

What the FUCK was his problem?

Attached: Snowy_Granius.png (600x1000, 959K)

he was on watch duty for the gang in the ruin, clearly

took me 3 years

Why hasn't someone done a dialogue overhaul for Skyrim yet? Fixing shit like the Dunmer stuff would make the game much better. It even has built in racial reactivity that Bethesda doesn't use at all.

I just wish there was populated multiplayer server. Haven't played it since the old version where enchanted items wouldn't synch so it would be pretty interesting to see what sort of OP setups people would come up with now.

>Fixing shit like the Dunmer stuff would make the game much better.
Yeah there should be a dialogue option to convince Ulfric to kick the dunmer freeloaders out and give the gray quarter to the homeless nord citizens.

Attached: i1O2xFt.png (1280x720, 1.71M)

Really been meaning to check out this and Oblivion on my Xbox One X. Still haven't played a single game in the series.

youtu.be/iR-K2rUP86M

Attached: 1525189973964.png (1126x973, 1.27M)

>on my Xbox One X
what the fuck, user

Attached: ThasRiteElfBoy.png (530x523, 270K)

>Come and look upon the heart
>Upon the heart

Attached: feelsgooddog.jpg (1000x749, 111K)

Yikes racist much? Are you saying only Dunmer can live in Morrowind? This is worse than Hitler or Milo Yiannopoulis

What? It's amazing how people can judge me for this but a PC that's thousands of dollars is looked upon as normal

Yes. People native to the land always have the priority you stupid n'wah.

MORROWIND IS FOR THE DUNM--

Attached: Argonian_Vampire.jpg (800x600, 149K)

test

>Archmagister of House Telvanni
>Caius Cosades: Hm you look like an adventurer. That can be your cover.

Did you miss the part where all the TES games have garbage gameplay and are a buggy piece of crap that require shitloads of fan mods to become actually playable?

Any toaster can run OpenMW, just get that. Or just read the books on UESP since that part of TES is actually good.

Big oof amirite guys? xD

You can play OpenMW on your phone now even.

ER.

Figures a slave can't write.

Attached: 96t1164bqwj01.jpg (922x1000, 313K)

lol I just killed that feminist with my daedric dai-katana
OWNING LIBERALS REDORAN STYLE

Want to hear another joke?

The Tribunal

>Vivec is dead
>Almalexia is dead
>Sotha Sil is dead
>Nerevar is reborn
Karma bitches.

*knock knock*
ORDINATORS, OPEN UP

Attached: tribunal.png (1280x720, 979K)

trannies, roasties and incels btfo
chad always wins in the end

why didn't you guys give Almalexia the dick

Attached: 1525201190705.png (500x357, 254K)

I mean ESO is set way back in the past, unless they released some time travel DLC

>trannies, roasties and incels
THE HOLY TRINITY

Attached: 1457191630403.png (485x442, 330K)

The last time I stick it in crazy I fucking died.

>TFW you realize
Once Tamriel Rebuilt: Cyrodiil is complete and you use their special intro they can script it so if you get arrested you get sent to Morrowind. Making it a true canon outlander.

Aren't altmer even more racist? I'm pretty sure dwemer also ranked very high on the fedora scale

Wow, that sums up the Tribunal and Nerevar pretty thoroughly.

dwemer exploits with other mer are known,but have they ever interacted with humans?

>not realizing sotha sil is a volcel

Meant to quote this.

this is the only way i've ever played morrowind. must have put like 500+ hours into in on OG xbox in like 2003

Beautiful picture.

What are the chances of us getting a game in Morrowind again? Or at least Mainland.

What the fuck was her problem?

Attached: 1483973589933.jpg (528x528, 125K)

You already did, it's called ESO

>Just picked up morrowind and started a playthrough for the first time in almost 5 years.
>Create a ring that gives me +100 to enchanting for 3 seconds
>Realize that I never noticed that higher enchant reduces enchanted item use cost
>Get into tough fight
>Use ring then select my 40 damage health on target amulet
>Machine gun down everything in 3 seconds

owo that doesn't count user-chan.

I don't think so seeing as they're pretty eager to ally with some other mer. They're stuck up but inclusive.
And they're not as big into the slavery stuff either, Dunmer really are huge pieces of shit and they should've taken a lesson from the Ayleids before they took a few miles of lizard cock.

I dropped my initial playthrough of Morrowind when I found out you couldn't join the Sixth House.

Combine that with constant levitating shoes. Make a ring that does all elemental damages on target.

Is Morrowind even worth a try in 20 fucking 19 if you're not a delusional boomer with a bad case of nostalgia sickness?

>a dialogue overhaul for Skyrim

what do you mean?

One already exists. It basically makes the dialogue less shit. Like a Khajiit asking what a Khajiit is.

From what I remember the altmer were the most pure descendants of the elven progenitor race, and literally called themselves the cultured people

>Like a Khajiit asking what a Khajiit is.
This is perfectly in-character for the deliberately annoying Khajiit race

Attached: 561651.jpg (500x497, 51K)

Everyone thinking their race is best is the baseline in TES. Actually being racist in TES involves enslaving other races and declaring it's only okay to use necromancy on lesser races and animals, and also having multiple specific lingo to tell foreigners to fuck off.

I'm back and black bitches. Now where Vivec, Almalexia, and nerdy boy Sotha sil at?

Attached: 12648.jpg (900x511, 76K)

ESO is fine desu, I'd rather not go back to a Hiroshima'd Vvardenfell and its surroundings

being assholes

This one is asking question. What is Khajiit race marsh friend? Speak quickly and seen any elves? hahaha

>no mohawk
not nerevar.

Did you kill Vivec?

I never understood this age argument. Yeah, the game is almost 20 years old, but it does a lot of things well. If you're honest and compare the different aspects of the games side by side, you'll see morrowind does most of these things better than oblivion and skyrim.

Melee/ranged being based on a dice roll is pretty shitty, but skyrim and oblivion didn't improve on it much. It's nice that a hit is always a hit, but now enemies are fucking way too beefy. You hit a fucker with a 2 handed weapon in morrowind, they're going to lose a large chunk of health. And regardless, the only improvements that I can remember from oblivion and skyrim is power attacking, shield bashing, and that shield charge talent. At the end of the day, you're still just bashing shit to death, you don't have to aim for a weak point or anything. Different weapons don't really play differently, you just compare damage and 1 hand vs 2 hand.

Enchanting and spell making were nerfed to fuck in oblivion and skyrim removed spell making all together while reducing enchanting to a select few flavors rather than free form.

Etc etc

>mullet

Attached: 1523054692920.png (635x457, 345K)

So why did the Argonian family adopt Brand Shei?

Attached: 034.jpg (800x716, 75K)

Nope.
Death is too good for him.

Cause it was just a baby

WHAT A GRAND AND INTOXICATING PEEP

Attached: 1522620281792.jpg (600x323, 52K)

Lore wise are Argonians...nice? Like a normal working class Argonian non slave. Do they tend to be racist too or what?

Everyone in TES is racist

Is Legends worth playing for the lore?

ESO is alright, it gets cheap pretty often and more TES fans should give it a try. There's plenty of LORE too and is the game with most waifus

Attached: dunmerthots.jpg (1512x1124, 481K)

No

With how much Telvanni power how would this go down.
>Be Slave
>Gain resistance to bracers
>Learn magic secretly
>Incinerate Telvanni Master
>Take over mushroom
>Proclaim yourself Telvanni
They be cool with that?

Dude, these games are 90% combat and exploration. Having enjoyable combat mechanics with weighty hits and ragdoll physics as well as nice looking landscapes with real forests and grass goes a long way in enjoying the game. Morrowind is just way way too basic and crude in comparison. It doesn't even have NPC schedules so they never actually use their beds, they stand in place forever doing nothing.

Is Skyrim worth playing for the lore?

>practicing the upcoming necromancy class skills in cities will get you outlawed
Haven't seen any MMO go that far

If you were a Telvanni mage you wouldn't be in bracers in the first fucking place.

Fucking N'Wah.

>Lore wise are Argonians...nice?
Yeah, there are more racist and extremists one especially now in the 4E with the rise of the An-Xileel but most Argonians are alright people. In ESO there is a bit of resentment because of the uncertainty surrounding the Ebonheart Pact and bad blood with the Dunmer but again, most of the Argonians (especially in Murkmire) seemed like nice people.

>ywn have half Dunmer babies with a qt3.14 elf that was probably in adulthood before you were born

From what I've seen Argonians are typically pleasant and unassuming because it's cover for the fact that they're a hivemind of inscrutable aliens that can at any moment chimp out en masse if they're given the signal from their elder god tree overlord thing
They can be criminals and bandits too though, they're actually really boring on average for a race of lizard people

FINE. I'M REINSTALLING YOU CUNTS.

I've used the same mod loadouts for the last half a decade so I'm doing a fresh install and looking for mods from the nexus top mods.

Any mods you guys recommend that aren't in the top 100 or so on the nexus?

Attached: Capture.jpg (855x912, 133K)

Yes.

I actually made a book collecting mage psychopath character and only then is it fun.

>BITCH GIMME YOUR BOOKS

Kahjiit need books.

Or else fuck it no go read the wiki.

It's pretty Skyrim-centric as you can imagine, so what lore there is to learn is all based around how dragons were the overlords of men (and mer?) before a good ol' rebellion started. Oh, and dwarven time travel.

So long as you don't violate the NAP around their personal sadriths they don't really give a shit.

everyone in ESO wants to fuck you
idk what hell Zenimax was thinking

Attached: GuardWantsTheMuatra.jpg (1588x674, 289K)

What mods did you use to fix how utterly useless destruction magic is?

>Azura
>good
lmao

I agree with you, Morrowind does a couple things really well and everything else arguably worst in the entire series.
If the atmosphere and premise alone don't draw you in you're going to have a bad time. But also keep in mind it takes a while to get going in earnest, like NV it takes some commitment. I think the MQ is easily the best of the entire TES series.

The hits have no weight behind them. If I slam a dude with a two handed hammer, I do a dinky amount of damage and he doesn't get tossed about or anything. My point is the combat is still shit, just slightly less so. Had they not axed half the weapon types and make combat more than just hitting a dude until his HP meter got to 0, it would have been more than 2 steps forward 1 step back. Until TES overhauls their combat system it's always going to be bad.

As for NPC schedules, sure, that's nice, but the NPCs are still very shallow. Everyone sucked oblivion's dick because guards were capable of having 3 consecutive conversations about mudcrubs and people went to bed.

Vvardenfell was rendered poorly because of the time, I'll give you that, but it was still more interesting than the generic medieval fantasy worlds we got with oblivion and skyrim.

Pac-Man.

God bless the dunmer, their women are known for their promiscuity. If I lived in the TES world, I'd have moved to Balmora for all that sweet Hlaalu poon tang.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnNBX7tCH8Y

>They be cool with that?
Depends on the Telvanni. Say you are an Argonian slave who can do magic and killed everyone and now just wants to do magic on a mushroom, some Telvanni would probably care more for tradition and would want you dead, while others like Neloth and Fyr probably wouldn't give a shit and would respect your power and maybe welcome you as a Telvanni.

I don't know, I roleplayed as a catguy that was obsessed with knowledge and stayed invisible the entire time and took all the goddamn books. Or anything that lead to knowledge.

You can actually balance that through most of the quests other than leveling stealth and backstabbing people. That's the most interesting way (and sometimes the fastest to get through ES) if you know what you're doing.

Attached: 22330_screenshots_2011-12-11_00002.jpg (640x480, 60K)

*illusion

You're just impossible to detect and I don't know why they don't like the Kahjeet or whatever trait be something like, "silent walking." I'm more more of a dog person and I fucking KNOW, cats can come up and fuck with you without you hearing them.

Cu-HUNTS!

>Hlaalu
What's funny is the the PC actually answers her question.

>Hlaalu

Attached: 1112552154563.png (406x302, 120K)

how do i get into this game? Is there a starting guide? I got off the boat, did a beginning quest to find that guys stash, went into the nearby cave and cleared it out but got beat up pretty good over and over. and i went to rest just a step outside of town and a dude kept showing up to rob and kill me. I'm currently in the next city you take the silt strider to and this game is kinda overwhelming.

Attached: cgvbcbc.png (582x585, 474K)

tfw no slut dunmer gf

Attached: IF SHE BREATHES.jpg (1628x733, 279K)

any ntr rape doujins set in the argonian invasion of morrowind?

Do shit for Caius Cossades (dude you meet at the end of the literal first quest in the game), if you don't what to do or where to go, he's a good place to start as he gets you into guilds, and gives you quests that increase your overall ability.

You're pretty weak to start with. I'd collect healing/fatigue potions and any scrolls you can steal or get your hands on. Being able to summon a skeleton early on is pretty damned helpful. There's also scrolls and spells that allow you to instantly teleport away.

I'd head to caius and take his advice. Join a faction and do a few quests for them. The mage/fighter guilds are always a good choice and unlike the religious factions and houses, they don't lock out other factions.

player->SetSpeed 250

>Shad

Attached: 1519353360381.gif (419x314, 1.92M)

This stands out to me a lot, especially in Morrowind. The game blank-slates your personality pretty hard, your only real 'roleplay' options are guild lines or murders, but then this nigga starts asking YOU philosophical questions like you're the final boss.

Is Neloth and Divayth Fyr in Eso?

You have to dive in, hard. We don't make it easy for your here. Get the game, THEN you can ask questions, and then start to talk when we're all drunk or caffed up.

This is when the guys who actually modded it, come out.

you need stamina to not get your shit kicked
the ninjas are from tribunal expac, get a mod to disable them until an appropriate level since their armor is gamebreakingly valuable
Just do MQ, the MQ will make you join a guild and you can just take your time getting decently stronk

What’s the third one in the back

Divayth Fyr is in the Clockwork City and Vvardenfell DLC. He's great.

What was Neloth even doing back then?

Attached: tumblr_p1pxgv3slY1wnyai8o4_r1_1280.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

How the FUCK does Alchemy and Enchanting work?

>Alchemy
Get thing, get other thing, smash together to one thing
>Enchanting
Get soul, get thing. smash together to one shiny thing

Divayth Fyr is there. He's related to quests in Clockwork City
Even wrote a book how butthurt he is over Mannimarco making people think every mage is necromancer

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

>Go to morrowind
>Wander the grass lands looking for lone yurts
>Get "captured" by mabrigash
>They're witch women that use males as magical batteries
>Either you get snu snu'ed or they give you magical erectile dysfunction

Attached: whew.jpg (1596x1200, 1.22M)

This is when we actually used to write things on paper for video games. Why do you think I'm a doctor now?

Too advanced. This was a deceptive strategy but don't let it confuse you, perrrrrft.

Neloth probably wasn't even born yet when Divayth Fyr had already saved the world 5 times while banging countless cyborgs at Clockwork City and Dunmer thots in Mournhold

One of the few times I loved Oblivion.

Is this a jojo reference?

i love dwemer ruins with their cogs and ornate machinery, i'm a dweeaboo

Attached: 1550550424686.jpg (240x210, 11K)

That's funny because there actually is a quest in ESO where a trader from one of the Great Houses goes negotiate with a Magribash tribe and gets captured by them. They don't fuck him, though. Or at least the game doesn't tells us they did.

Attached: guar.jpg (1882x1048, 307K)

None of them look happy of doing that.

One of the golems you fight before reaching Sotha Sil room.
Doesn't fit in that pic at all.

TESO really has some fine dunmer waifus. Bought the game on last sale and to be honest I'm positively surprised how much you can play it just like any other TES.

They don't cause the idiot asked for the MAN in charge thinking they're fucking with him

How did anyone endure a spellcaster back then? Magicka effects from reagents is fairly rare (until you're strong enough to farm daedra) and Magicka potions are the most reliable way to regenerate it. Even reaching that game-breaking stage of alchemy takes a little while.

It's a singleplayer MMO but it's actually fun. And as far as dialogue, story and just writing in general goes it's probably the best TES game. Morrowind has some really great moments but, get this: ESO has actual characters with personalities and fun dialogue, which shocking news for a TES game (especially in the DLCs where you tag along a group of people like in the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild ones)

>Tfw no way to waifu best Fyr daughter

Attached: MW-npc-Beyte_Fyr.jpg (1000x1000, 143K)

I've been playing it exclusively in first-person mode and it feels just like a mainline game, wish there were way more lore books though.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1300x780, 299K)

Being an awful person isn't about happiness.
It's about making others more miserable than you.
It's time you stopped caring about the agenda of others.

Only you, are happy in the socialist paradise. Where you killed the capitalists and created a socialist empire that eventually lead to communism, and then eventually fascism.

Since it's not an equal scale. It's a downward decline. Socialism, leads to Communism, leads to Fascism.

Socialism is nothing more than a foundation to take away your rights, so that fascism can exist in it's full futility. Until destruction and depression can replace it.

I tried to play it during a free weekend and honestly the tutorial quest and dialogue and writing so bad I lost all interest.

>wish there were way more lore books though
It's the TES game that has the most books, though. The ones you find in bookshelves in dungeons get repetitive really quick, but there is A LOT of stuff out there.

Trainwiz please.
It's definitely better in many ways to the games since Oblivion but plenty of dialogue, or rather paragraphs of text, from Morrowind cannot be beat because we now NPCs are voiced and speak much less than before.

what in the fuck are you talking about user, where in the shit did that come from. I think you need to pull your head out of your ass and disengage from politics from time to time.

Are the mechanics too different from the main line games? Can you jump? Crouch? Can you pick up random shit in random houses? Can you swim? Ride horses?

Anyone try the Morrowind VR mod

Yeah, considering the sheer amount of content I can see that

>NPCs are voiced and speak much less than before
And that's a good thing.

Needed to be said, and what more place free and happy than video games? Or so, you would think so.

Do people actually hate Abnur Tharn? He has the best bantz in the game, what an absolute madman who did nothing wrong

Attached: basedtharn.jpg (1737x786, 416K)

the biggest flaws with morrowind are these
>only 3-4 fucking songs in the game
>wikipedia NPCs
>no AI

>jump
yes
>crouch
yes and there's stealth, pickpocket, etc
>pick up random shit
no
>can you swim
yeah but you can't go underwater
>ride horses
yes

Combat is really different, though. Remember it's still an MMO. But it's a fine TES game.

Yes to all except diving I think. The fact that you can interact with your environment so much just elevates it way above something like GW and WoW for me.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1400x838, 721K)

Yes yes yes yes yes and yes

Wish they dropped the classes and actually made character progress feel a bit better, or maybe just less stuff having such huge health pools.

It's a mixed bag, if you'd ask me. More emotions can be conveyed but it just doesn't allow that sort of exposition Morrowind had with all its pseudo theology and general culture.

Now I remember. Why didn’t they just use spiky Numidium 2, the one held together with duct tape and the Mantella

>Morrowind thread
>ESO posts

Attached: 1488651871257.jpg (225x228, 27K)

Classes don't seem very important anyway except for in end-game dungeons; I've used bows, 2H axes, staves and daggers along with heavy, light and medium armor on my sorcerer without any problem

hey. doin the Hortator quests rn
does this mod look gud? thinkin on getting it and I dont want my save to be fucked.

The newly formed Aldmeri Dominion forces you to provide temporary housing for Khajiiti migrants. How do you react?

Attached: 42633986_288617658412029_6150075790619305335_n.jpg (1080x1252, 232K)

both have Kirkbride

Attached: 1448072625033.jpg (1148x1246, 475K)

Never heard of anyone disliking him.

shid
forgot link
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44825

enslave them and molest the strongest male

>Classes don't seem very important anyway
Classes only matter if you're doing dungeons and, you know, actually playing it with other people as an MMO.
If you're just solo-ing the whole thing as a TES game then you can just do whatever.

That supposed to be an endorsement?

Morrowind had way too much purple prose filler text for what was supposed to be casual conversation, though that was just a symptom of its era. ESO still has Kirkbride-tier schizo ramblings in books you can find everywhere

lmao as if I would ever be an al*mer

I mean, I can make a fairly decent build with any weapon as any class. I would miss some skills, but most of the useful ones are tied to guilds and weapons so in the end it doesn't really matter

>Letting cats into Alinor.
Fuck this shit i am asking for a transfer.

>purple prose
you clearly don't know what this phrase means

>Morrowind had way too much purple prose filler text for what was supposed to be casual conversation
And it was great for the MQ and most guild/house questlines. At least for me it was. It sure was grating when you were getting that for simple questions from generic NPCs, though

I convince my Imperial allies to foist the refugees off on racist N*rds
Oy vey you wouldn't want to violate the whitegold concordant now

It's true though, every NPC in Morrowind talked with the stature of royalty, even the peasant shitter scrubbers

>thalmor """purity"""

Attached: thalmor purity.png (512x512, 350K)

My dick got so fucking hard reading shit like Vindication for the Dragon Break, Coils of the Father and Subtropical Cyrodiil

that isn't purple prose

I use it. It's fucking great.

I don't think there are any cats in the Thalmor. They're just cannon fodder and the Altmer even do large scale eugenics with them

That art he posted is from the card game and it's just meant to be a disguise.

>purple prose is prose text that is so extravagant, ornate, or flowery as to break the flow and draw excessive attention to itself
It literally is when some beggar hobo starts talking like gentry

>Eugenics
Sorry Mer boy, you can't use that word when your wife is off getting the barb.

Does the fortify attribute self soul trap glitch not work on OpenMW?

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is soft and spongy.

Why Altmer! What furry ears you have.

because argonians are bros

Attached: muscular lizard man.jpg (883x1198, 228K)

I've seen better

Attached: 313245.jpg (1000x1143, 290K)

I like how the artist completely gave up on scales halfway through

No, it isn't. There is almost no abstractive language in morrowind. Everything is fairly direct and clearly described, and just because a peasant speaks in the same manner as King Helseth doesn't mean it is purple. Please post one example of what you consider to be purple prose from the game so I can laugh at you.

>not being an argonian twink who shaves scales off his legs so they're silky smooth

>Hlaalu

Attached: dropped.jpg (768x1024, 391K)

When and how hard did you kill this prick Yea Forums?

Attached: King_Hlaalu_Helseth_(Tribunal).png (600x1000, 887K)

NPC dialogue is certainly prose-y across the board, but it seriously is not divertive enough to be considered purple. I actually think it balances game-objective conciseness with distinctive alien eloquence of the Dunmer as they're portrayed in the lore.

>tfw no fluffy khajiit daughteru

Attached: K with wounded penguin.png (1912x792, 1.02M)

wouldn't you rape a qt hlaalu tho
it's ok when a redoran does it

Attached: l9dm8hccsiwz.jpg (2000x2000, 164K)

dunmer are like niggers who are also jews

I didn't.
I decided that just living on and enduring while doing his 'quests' was enough of a humiliation to him, even if he never dropped his act to show it.
God, the expansions were so cartoony in writing compared to the main game.

Does ESO have bara jungle lizard mods yet?

Purple prose is contextual as there's no universal standard it can compare to. It fits just fine here.

>Purple prose is criticized for desaturating the meaning in an author's text by overusing melodramatic and fanciful descriptions.
The end result here is that Helseth's prominence is dampened greatly since he sounds just like every other NPC monologuing an insanely long lore dump.

>hating on based imperial puppet kings
ummmm user, that's pretty racist and xenophobic
Morrowind is for outlanders too

The Daedra aren't real.

Attached: 1894956116.png (210x330, 103K)

So I'm playing this game and when I walk past a 'dungeon' it always feels like this is a location that is used for a quest, should i generally speaking just ignore things i discover and focus on the quests and expect someone will send me to these locations later?

An example is i found the 6th house bell blunt weapon

There's these dudes

Attached: ON-creature-Xal-Nur_the_Slaver.jpg (680x680, 261K)

Do they bottom?

What happened to that character? Did he ever reappear?

this is some donkey kong country shit

You are absolutely reaching here and you can't make it any more obvious that you just learned the term and wanted to use it to criticize something so you could sound smart.

Here's some generic Morrowind dialogue:
"Crazies with clubs have been attacking non-Dunmer. Call themselves Sleepers. Some folks hurt. A few killed. Sleepers go nuts when you try to arrest them, so we have to put them down. Some are strangers we can't trace. Others are locals, gone nuts. Ones we capture alive have complete amnesia, no idea where they are or what's going on. Just keep talking gibberish about the Sixth House awakening, serving Lord Dagoth, running foreigners out of Morrowind. Sounds like a new crazy cult or something."

"The native comberry brandy is locally called greef. Greef is a strong stimulant, but like all intoxicants, it tends to impair physical coordination. That is, it makes you feel real strong, but makes you clumsy."

"Ignorant foreigners confuse our communication and reliance upon our ancestor spirits with necromancy, but ancestor veneration is holy and pious, while necromancy is godless, perverse sorcery."

It's all encyclopaedic and almost entirely an expository dump. You can criticize Morrowind for the dialogue not allowing the characters to develop any sort of personality, but to call it purple is absolute brainlet tier.

"user vehemently prattled off into the thread, rigorously and deftly stabbing his greasy-slick keyboard with corpulent fingers, unwilling to gestate the notion that he could have been wrong"

He became a moon. Apparently a literal one.

>But the MC is canonically not from Morrowind, even if they are a dunmer.
Do you even know what the word "heritage" means?

No, most dungeons aren't really quest-related. The Sixth House Bell is just a random weapon you can find in Sixth House bases, it's strong but it's not important or anything.

>install morrowind rebirth after 4 years
>item prices rebalanced to where stealing everything not nailed to the wall in the census office nets you maybe 200 gold tops
>go do the taxman quest
>get raped to death by fish in 3 hits
>can't even leave the shore without immediate death by fish

After playing vanilla for more than a decade this is the difficulty I need. Hopefully the game stays hard all the way to 30+. Also where has Less Generic NPCs been all my life. Been stuck in Seyda Neen for an hour, Fargoth is a real human bean.

>playing morrowind for the gameplay

Attached: 1538115045868.png (854x1023, 507K)

Ironically the stormcloaks are the best choice for the dunmer in skyrim

>pretend
the mannimarco you fight in oblivion is the real one, but so is the god because warp

>posting epic wojack meemees for teh lulz

gotcha

Attached: 1524340161216.png (814x779, 648K)

>dunmer in the thalmor

I'm like 20 hours in my first playthrough and i think the magic combat is the strongest of all the titles

>rediscovering their heritage
The whole point was that their heritage didn't matter and it made no difference.

I actually just reinstalled it couple days ago.
What are the best must have mods to make it more fun? Only got Open Morrowind so far.

fun is Morrowind's dump stat, nobody ever fixed it only made it worse

Attached: 1488618132947.jpg (637x800, 242K)

It's left open to interpretation but if that's what you like to think w/e you do you man.

Tamriel Rebuilt - absolutely vital and contains better quests than stock morrowind and gorgeous geography
Fair Magicka Regen
Talrivien's State Based HP - makes it so that you don't have to pump endurance immediately
Projectile Overhaul - makes ranged combat actually fun
Morrowind Hardcore Mode - things get numerically harder, some mobs have new abilities, but it basically makes you have to go full witcher mode and chug potions and pre-cast scrolls before hard fights
I also enjoy Sneaking Realism, as it gives various sneaking bonuses/penalties based on weather and your equipment. It also makes the melee sneak critical 8x over the base 2x, so sneaking up on shit is actually a viable strategy with it.

>use openmw over vanilla with script extender after thinking the project was still in meme stage
>loading times between areas is now non-existent as apposed to .5 seconds loading

damn nigga, such a small change makes the game feel seamless. lighting is a bight wonky to vanilla tho

>That file name.

Attached: 1534292633879.jpg (244x244, 12K)

How is OpenMW's compatibility, in general? I know it's allergic to MGE and MCP. Do I have to uninstall those to get OpenMW?
is it even worth it to risk my save?

Attached: 1488730584695.png (416x436, 31K)

is it even worth it to risk my save?

Probably not if that's your concern.

You don't need MCP as OpenMW fixes a lot of vanilla issues. MGE isn't compatible but supposedly is in the near future. Real reason I use OpenMW is the stability, don't think I can go back after years of not trying it till recently.

Attached: worlds best assassin.webm (1020x572, 2.89M)

OpenMW got its shadows back recently.

Attached: omw_shadows.jpg (1362x746, 290K)

hey so i extracted the main ESP (the one without TR, or any plugins) to my Data Files folder and that shit aint working. pls to halp

Attached: 1526263350572.png (635x473, 192K)

This is great until you get reflected by some faggot dremora lord.