STORAGE: 1TB NVME 1 + GB / S SSD HARD DRIVE

XBOX ANACONDA SPECS
CPU: CUSTOM 8 CORES – 16 ZEN THREADS 2
GPU: CUSTOM NAVI 12+ TERAFLOPS
RAM: 16GB OF GDDR6 MEMORY
STORAGE: 1TB NVME 1 + GB / S SSD HARD DRIVE

MICROSOFT FUCKING WON

wccftech.com/xbox-lockhart-anaconda-e3-2019/

Attached: xbox-logo-100571878-large.jpg (580x350, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2018/10/08/project-xcloud-gaming-with-you-at-the-center/
youtube.com/watch?v=GCDQaE9N-eo
pcpartpicker.com/list/hmGdQZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/H4CMNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based

Attached: xchad2.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

>12+ TERAFLOPS
This is how you know it's fake.

>Slogan is: When everybody plays, we all win
>Has lowest installbase of its generation
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1550229658398.jpg (1648x1426, 1020K)

Eric seething

Attached: 4e6d7320df48f34525fa3a76eb629eb8.png (1270x1981, 230K)

This game isn't happening or won't be what is expected.

yeah but is it finally gonna have games?

Launch titles will be
Halo Infinite
Killer Instinct 2
Rare new SP IP (smaller scale)
Bleeding Edge from Ninja Theory
Forza Motorsport 8

Attached: q2145.jpg (400x365, 18K)

Ori alone is better than anything Sony has put out this gen.

Attached: SomberSparseAracari-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 3.91M)

excuse me?

Attached: 6862CDC2-1615-4C57-A932-6AAA6EDDBBC0.jpg (210x240, 10K)

That's cute, but the atari system will have a 32core Threadripper and a geforce 3080, able to run FULL raytrace.

SEETHING snoygger

Attached: 1550851744420.png (633x874, 56K)

and bethesda will still find a way to fuck up ports of its games to it

>It's $600

HOLY SHIT, IMAGINE CRACKDOWN 3 REMASTERED ON THE NEW XBOX

AIN'T NO LIE WE BALLIN

Attached: 1512413796245.jpg (500x594, 120K)

It’s not typhoon studios like everyone was thinking. Even the director of the game they're developing begged to be bought by microsoft on twitter, yeah publicly. But he may have been playing around with the rumors. Who knows. So who the fuck is it? Io interactive? Io is one of Jupiter’s moons

Attached: 27B47115-6099-4FD1-BF10-AD6F95D7061C.jpg (750x789, 57K)

And yet it will once again have absolutely no RPGs or other Japanese developed games. That's a yikes from me, zero interest.

Attached: Culture_Replay_Reggie-Fils-Aime-107926697.jpg (2400x1600, 579K)

What are the chances that one of them launches with the game streaming the industry has been pushing so hard for?

its so obvious its moon studios

fathom this: the xbox is at such a shit state you don't even have games in a hype poster. it's just concept art.

the less powerful model wont have a disc drive

>Lockhart
Is microshill trying to ride on her cocktail?

Attached: 1409627886479.jpg (1081x1514, 340K)

>microsoft windows

Microsoft is all good looking hardware and beefy specs (for a console) yet no games. Who the hell would buy a Ferrari if it has no gas and no tires?

Attached: Gamer-Food-Caffeinated-Energy-Snacks.jpg (600x666, 100K)

No. All the people on that team live seperately, far from each other and on an interview, they said they wanna be known as one of the best developers in the industry so they dont want to work exclusively for microsoft

snake mentioned

Attached: 1527169706273.jpg (960x1280, 681K)

Attached: 1518347657541.png (952x711, 496K)

So is it official it will have full BC with all xbox, xbox 360, and xbox one titles?

I want my fucking dirt 2 in 4k ya whores

>Xbox Lockhart and Anaconda both function on Windows Core OS and Polaris (Windows 11). This is instrumental to bringing all Xbox titles to PC, unifying the Microsoft Store as one purchase for both platforms.
>Xbox Lockhart and Anaconda will be the flagship systems for Xcloud, the Microsoft branded streaming service which will bring Xbox game streaming to all devices including Xbox, PC, Smart Phones, Tablets, and Nintendo Switch.
>The Xbox app, available on these devices, will share key Xbox features, such as friends, achievements, parties, and clubs. You can see your friends playing Ori 2 on Switch and invite them to play Halo Infinite on your PC.
>Xbox Game Pass will become the key subscription service to tie in with Xcloud, offering a curated selection of games on each platform, first party and third party, as well as games from previous console generations.
>Microsoft has made immense efforts to recruit great developers to create hit games to draw the foundation of Xbox Game Pass, featuring all of the IPs you know from Xbox like Fable and Forza, as well as a bounty of new IPs to solidify an uncontested library.
>Xbox will also continue to be the best hardware to play games on, offering the best hardware specs, best OS infrastructure, best networking architecture, and the best controller.

GOLDEN AGE OF GAMING IS UPON US.

Attached: Xbox-One-S-logo.-1050x553.png (1050x553, 252K)

Sounds like a flop. Poorfags need a disc drive for cheap used games.

I really hope they buy 4A games. They are relatively small developer plus make some amazing stuff.

So Microsoft is going to really put four models on the market?

Attached: 1550408109613.webm (720x492, 1.54M)

Name?

>Halo Infinite will be a Microsoft Scarlett (next xbox whatever) title

THEN WHAT THE FUCK DID I BUY AN XBOX ONE FOR??? THE PIECE OF SHIT CALLED HALO 5??

COME THE FUCK ON

Why do you post and say the same 5 things?

its gonna be on the bone relax. 343 said so

>NVME

THE FUTURE'S NOW BOYS

Xbox does forwards compat now

They don't need a disc drive for used games if they subscribe to the Xbox game stream service.

Do people honestly think Halo Infinite is even going to be good, considering how incompetently 343i completely fucked up Halo 4 and Halo 5?

Everyone's acting like Infinite will be the game to save Xbox when they couldn't even do it during the first 2 tries

Attached: 1674537890.jpg (632x470, 63K)

they redeemed themselves after fixing halo 5 and mcc

All i need is the old art style back, my autistic larping can handle the rest

>$499 USD is now $699 CAD
I hate this country so much.

It's >L I T E R A L L Y< all that's left

Sunset Overdrive = Completely butchered
Quantum Break = Nobody played it
ReCore = Literally who
Sea of Thieves = Dogshit
Forza Horizon 4 = Mediocre
Crackdown 3 = AHAHA OHNONNOONO
Halo Infinite = [pending]

People are desperately banking on Infinite so that the Xbox FINALLY has something to be proud of

This
Also I bought an xbone early on assuming it'd get a few good exclusives but there's been literally nothing that isn't on pc of ps4, so I see no reason to get a next gen Xbox

>*conveniently* omitting Ori and Cuphead, 2 of the best games on Xbox
Kys Snoy shill

>Quantum Break
I liked Quantum Break but it's one of those games you can only play once. Once you know the twists there's no point to playing it again.

Those can be played on a PC. You don't even need a gaming PC, they're indie games that a facebook machine could run without breaking a sweat.

>Snoy willingly pulled themselves out of E3 after last year's horrible showing
>Microsoft and Nintendo are gonna team up to render them completely irrelevant
Best timeline.

Attached: 1534763047993.jpg (250x250, 19K)

>1tb nvme SSD
>12-16gb of GDDR6 memory
>an 8 core 16 thread Ryzen

Does wccftech have no shame?

Attached: 1483156814525.jpg (604x452, 73K)

i cant wait for the wii60 era to comeback

Attached: wii60.jpg (400x367, 45K)

Ill play them on pc/switch thanks

>top of the line PC specs for 500 dollars

Oh boy where have we heard that before.

Attached: consoletards.jpg (4782x2108, 2.06M)

>currytech

Attached: 1537584659442.jpg (677x1024, 58K)

I'm honestly glad microsoft is taking this direction

weeb quarantine is a good strategy

If they aren't retarded they'll open up purchased xbox titles to play on PC too and carry save data etc over

that would annihilate the console competition and even valve would have to do something about it

xbone has the best version of nier automata tho

If they release Killer instinct 2 it's a day 1 buy desu

>Has lowest installbase of its generation
That would be the Wii U.

Sorry fellow canuck, but that's just down to our shitty dollar more than anything.

Honestly i'll just stay on playstation

they didn't change anything about Halo5, and with MCC they just finally, after 3 years unfucked some broken shit that shouldn't have been in the game from the start, especially since the game is nothing but a collection of some already existing 360 games.

>how incompetently 343i completely fucked up Halo 4 and Halo 5?
Halo 5 has one of the best MP in the series, an is probably the best FPS this gen along with TF2 and Siege.
All 343 has to do is make a good campaign

>HALO INFINITE TO BE A LAUNCH TITLE
>Already confirmed that it would be a current gen game.

Halo 4 had an OK campaign and a shit multiplayer.
Halo 5 had a shit campaign and a great multiplayer.
Maybe they'll finally manage to got the best of both.

what is backwards+forward compat

Console FPS is always bad. Fuck off.

>what is Twilight Princess
>what is Breath of the Wild
>what is the shitload of last-gen and current-gen multiplats we had when the Xbone and PS4 first launched

That would be shit if they did that. I'd rather they confirm that it will be next gen, so they are not held back by this gen's capabilities.

As opposed to all those great PC FPS like.....

GTAV, AC4 Black Flag, Injustice to name a few

>ps5 announced at PSX
>enhanced BC with PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1 (pretty much already confirmed)
>all the still relevant ps4 exclusives are instantly playable with higher performance
>riding on the success of a bunch of late gen ps4 exclusives like Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Last of Us2, Granblue Fantasy RElink, Project Awakening
>not even talking about the sleeping hit that is Dreams
>also announcing a bunch of new shit like the next God of War, SE's new AAA ps5 game, and the new projects of all the other first party studios

>seriously thinking the xbox has any chance against this, even with slightly teamed up with Nintendo

Attached: 1531205986728.jpg (540x353, 39K)

They aren't announcing a console a year and a half before it comes out. If it was a Spring launch maybe

>enhanced BC with PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1 (pretty much already confirmed)
But xbone is already doing this, what makes you think the nextbox wont do it?

Console fps games are fine your just shit with a controller and need your m/kb crutch because you have no actual skill.

>enhanced BC
They can't even get the PS4 to play the few PS2 games it has probably, so what makes you think they would be able to get the PS5 to not only play every PS game, but also enhanced them?

Yes, such skill.

Attached: r6 siege console.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Unless they actually plan on doing anything with that patent, they wont be able to emulate PS3

>what is play anywhere

>I'm going to cherry pick like a faggot now!
Neat.

t. never played halo 5 at launch

>people who bought an One X will be forced to upgrade less than two years after their purchase
Almost as bad as SEGA.

that's probably how you play even with m+kb lmfao

I don’t need your latest gameplay YouTube shill.

Xbox two will probably also do BC, the problem is that it can't make use of the Xbone's exclusive library at all, since it has no worthhile games outside of a single racing game

meanwhile the PS5 will be kickstarted by a solid library of still great looking exclusives that now can be ran on 4k/60fps

Combat is going to look so rad.

>he fell for the "enhanced" version of the same old console meme
wew

>forced
how so?

still don't know what a teraflop is

>since it has no worthhile games outside of a single racing game
No one gives a shit about your shit taste
>meanwhile the PS5 will be kickstarted by a solid library of still great looking exclusives that now can be ran on 4k/60fps
Or your walking simulators.

Alright then consolekiddie, show me some of these impressive gamepad skill

Does anyone think those Lockhart specs will hold back next generation?

XBOX = 8K 30FPS
PS4 = 4K
SWITCH = 720p/360p

KEK

>Now it's YOUR turn to cherry pick!
Wew

Imagine actually thinking those specs are real.

>thinking Relink and Awakening will stay exclusive to PS4
CyGames said themselves they're going to bring the games to PC.

this is not my taste, these are just objective facts

being able to play games like God of War, Bloodborne or Spiderman in 4k/60fps is a big selling point

while being able to play games like State of Decay2, Sea of Thieves or Crackdown 3 even in 8k/144hz is not

Attached: god of war 4combat.webm (600x338, 2.86M)

>objective facts
If you're going to use words you don't understand, just don't use them at all.

not they didn't

one of the platinum devs said how they would like to bring it to PC, but platinum isn't even working on the project anymore.

Not like a ps4 game being ported to pc even matters in a xbox vs ps comparison considering that all xbox exclusives are already ported to pc.

Get a fucking job.

I was waiting the entire time for a big cock to come swinging out.

I'm at work as we speak and I still wouldn't spend my hard-earned money on Microshit.

>1TB NVME 1 + GB / S SSD HARD DRIVE

that's $250 alone and those fuckers idle at 50c and they eat PCIe lanes I 100% doubt they'd ever build something with those specs, maybe regular old SATA SSD but no way nvme

you know microsoft can afford the loss right?

>MCC releases as a broken piece of shit
>Isn't fully fixed for FOUR YEARS
>"Wow 343 is based for sitting on their asses for four years before finally fixing their shitty game!"

Attached: 1480479163880.jpg (703x703, 35K)

Nah, that'd be PC.
Since it's the only version that can run at true 4k and not upscaled shit.

Give me an option to buy and play all the BC games and I will instantly switch to WIN10 without disable telemetry and other shit.

it's an objective fact that these ps4 games are highly acclaimed, popular games

meanwhile it's an objective fact that most xbox games are heavily panned games, not even mentioning that the xbox also just has less games in general

I'm not saying what I'm thinking about these games, I'm saying how most people rated them.

even if they sell it for $499 that's almost $1k in hardware and the xbone gen has been a complete wash, there's no way they'd do this, they'd much rather move towards being a service only system and provide the backend for systems like the switch and PC possibly Sony and ditch the console market entirely.

nvme is a fucking meme and will be increasing the price for a couple less milliseconds of loading time

>pc automata
oh no no no

Cyberpunk 2077 and Death Stranding better hurry up.

At this rate Bethesda's Starfield will come first as a launch title for new consoles.

>mfw Microsoft's 'exclusives' have been reduced to poor and or mediocre games that reviewers give a pass because you can play them on Game Pass for cheap

Attached: 1360533166884.gif (200x189, 799K)

okay, but what would actually sell you on an xbox console? PCs are always two steps ahead power-wise, so it's going to need good games. Playing an FPS with a controller is atrocious, so they need solid action games, rpgs, or platformers.none of which are their strong suit. are they really just going to try to sell it as "hey, it's uh....almost a midrange pc. please buy it."

Attached: marioDOOMsoulswatch.webm (960x720, 1.72M)

No, Moon Studios head already said they aren't going to sell

You can make the beefiest xbox of all time and it will still flop.
Get it through your thick skulls already fanboys and shills, what the xbox needs more than ever is EXCLUSIVE, ONLY ON, XBOX, GAMES.

nvme is great for on hardware power read/write but unless the thing is unpacking 100gb compressed files in real time it's kind of a gimmick, but doing that constantly will kill it's lifespan dramatically.

They can't do a thing to sell me on it. I'll be playing all the exclusives on my PC though

the PC version of nier automata is notoriously bad

>VR Headset
>KB+M support for every game
>Good exclusives
>Japanese game support
So basically it's impossible.

Attached: 1457721651557.jpg (400x317, 19K)

Letting me use a mouse and keyboard is one way to make console FPS not garbage.

I played GoW4 free on my hacked PS4 and I still had a much more enjoyable time with games like State of Decay 2 and Recore than GoW4.

whats halo infinite? halo battle royale? cringe.

you 30fps consoleshits make me sick
die

At the very least they could replace right analog stick with a trackball.

Before you say trackballs suck!!!, they are still 10000x better than a mini dick joystick.

SoD2 isn't good, but Recore Definitive Edition is actually a neat game

>I'm going to release an extremely powerful piece of hardware at half the price it cost to produce
If you actually believe this, you're retarded.

>Killer Instinct 2

God I hope so

Attached: CZHDQcPUYAAcgfc.jpg (1024x576, 120K)

they did that on PS4 and had to separate out the kbm users cuz it was basically cheating

Is this nextbox gonna be triple backcompat?

Not really, only for Nvidiacucks, but who cares about them?

what the fuck is a teraflop? why gaming companies don't use normal GHz to identify their GPUs?

Microsoft is actively trying to move away from the "loss leading hardware" strategy that has driven most of the industry for ages

Serious question from a PS4/Switch owner here.

What motivates people to be Xbox fans? Because I get shit on whenever I try to dare ask, what incentive anyone would have to buy-- or even faintly care about-- a followup to the Xbone. What even was this last gen? They released almost nothing, canceled all their most promising projects, consumed a couple studios, and released an exorbitantly expensive "mid-gen" upgrade console WITHOUT ANYTHING TO FLEX ITS FANCY SPECS! So what, this one will be BETTER than the Xbone X, which just came out less than 2 years ago?? Is no one else just confused as hell about why you would buy another Xbox??

Your console has gotten more backwards compatibility releases than actual original new games for several years straight, two of your console's current "must-haves" are a collection of old Halo and Forza. With a collection of old Rare!! Which isn't even stuff made at Microsoft!!

Attached: 1428454451516.jpg (900x594, 74K)

Wow, you btfo'd MS by buying their games.

I had a 1060 6gb and other than a little stutter in cutscenes it was fine
And the obligatory fullscreen not being the res you want it to be that iirc they still havent fixed

Its like a ferrari with no road to drive it

>if you don't run in the special olympics with a ball and chain locked to your ankle you are cheating

Because tera is bigger than giga, nigga

Why in the hell would they announce a new console right after announcing their shit is going to mobile and Switch?

That full screen issue is, again, an issue with Nvidiacucks.
Even before FAR I never had a problem with resolution being the proper display res.

controller fags complained admitting they're shit what're ya gonna do?

>reviewers ever giving Microsoft a pass
Fucking when? Literally every gaming site sucks Snoy cock on the regular while they give Xbox titles 60s because they aren’t narrative driven cutscenes

Well fuck, I need to get a job then, Anaconda probably gonna cost like $500

Crackdown, SoD2, and Sea of Thieves had a lot of mentions of "While the game isn't super great, it's probably worth a go on gamepass"

I hung on to my 360 til 2015 (I still have it though) and just figured I'd go with what I was used to
I was also a retarded teen so I put no thought into it. Next gen will be interesting considering I'm slightly less retarded and am open to both consoles

GHz don't mean shit for a gpu ,tflops are more representative of the performance

Attached: flat,750x1000,075,t.u1.jpg (750x1000, 39K)

Sonyfags seething ITT

Attached: gr5.webm (750x425, 2.75M)

the plan is (assuming I can afford it) is Anaconda (or whatever the High-End Xbox is called) and keeping my switch for nintendo exclusives not gonna blindly buy a Normiestation.

Kill yourself, corporate drone.

Before FAR?
And like I just used borderless gaming and it fixed the problem, that wasn't a big deal at all

their trying to give us options, nothing wrong with that.

I just don't see the motive to buy it. MS has not shown at all that they can keep up in this industry. They have kept their fan goodwill on a thread through wasting time on making old shit backwards compatible, while all their internal projects flounder or die from excessive meddling or mismanagement and then get canceled.

SO is this like the xbonex or something because I just bought one so I could watch ultra hd blu rays

Idort that mainly plays on Xbox
>Even the worst Halo is better than anything the PS4 has to offer in terms in MP games with the switch not that far behind.
>Best controller out of the 3 with the Switch Joycon being the worst controllers I've ever used
>Plays multiplat games the best
>Better online. why would I ever need PS+ when Sony doesn't even make MP games and I can just play the multiplats on xbox? Also, I'm paying 3.99$ just to play Tetris 99 because even Smash got boring.
>With the new xbox being BC out of the box, I could easily sell my X for the newest one.
>I rather play Xbox exclusives over 90% of the exclusives the PS4 has to offer.
If Yakuza and Persona ever made its way to the Xbox, my PS4 would become obsolete

Yea Forums: REEEEE EPIC SUCKS FOR MAKING GAMES EXCLUSIVE TO THEIR PLATFORM!!!
also Yea Forums: MICROSOFT SUCKS FOR MAKING GAMES NOT EXCLUSIVE FOR THEIR PLATFORM!!!!

hey man at least it's not 5400RPM. SSD works today but nvme gives much more headroom for futureproofing.

Attached: drake.jpg (780x439, 24K)

>Epic trying to lock down an open platform
>MS not giving anyone any reasons to buy their locked down closed platform
These are totally the same thing.

what the hell is this?

Also PC is anti-comfy at the couch, if Media Center Edition of Windows was still a thing maybe you'd still have an argument

Its going to be so fucking shit xbox shit should be the name

>this

After I had finished a few exclusives on ps4 it became a yakuza machine

Anyone have the feeling xbox might win next gen? not that i believe op but theres no way they can fuckup as hard as they did with the bone. i just hate jewcrosoft and dont want them ruining games like they did with360

It looks that good at 4k/60, too. The Coalition under Rod's leadership has been great.

Xbox Or PC + Nintendo is the best way to go IMO
>every multiplat is either on Xbox or PC

>Nintendo Exclusives

>you can choose to buy Indies on whatever platform you want as indies are generally multiplat

>Good Online with Xbox Live, Nintendo's Online is eh but works for smash i guess

>PS4s exclusives are boring cinematic experiences anyway

Assuming they can make good games and stop rehashing the same properties over and over, maybe. If they just keep pumping out crap to shill Game Pass then they're doomed

the former is pc niggers and the latter is console shitters.

however the lines are becoming more blurred by the day

genuinely this

Most of the advantages you specify there apply to PCs more than Xboxes.

What kind of snake is a Lockhart?

MS in 2013 was in the same exact position Sony is in now, fuck the fans we are gonna do it our way deal with it, now they have learnt their lesson, replaced Matrick with Phil Spencer, and I honestly think they are gonna blow it out of the park next gen.

Exactly, if you're willing to put up with W10, the Xbox is literally just wasted space and wasted money. it's a more cumbersome method of playing games you can play on your PC instead thanks to Play Anywhere.

>16 zen threads 2
Why do they write it like that?

Consoles are continuing to become more and more like PC's. A game working with Xbone and Nextbox and NextNextbox doesn't mean it'll be held back though. You'll just have lower settings depending on the model.

I don't get why W10 is an argument against PC gaming. Everything bad about W10 is present in consoles and a thousand times worse.

Absolutely btfo

Attached: 1538032598760.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

>pc/switch
not only you are a pc-oward but also a nincel? fuckin you are below trash

If the Lockhart only has 12GB GGDR6 that's a bottleneck right there. A pretty stupid thing to do.

I got memed into buying a PS4 and half the exclusives ended up coming to my PC anyways and the other half were one and done cinematic games not worth my time nor the 60$. Xbox is making the powerplay here tearing down the console walled gardens, now I can stay on my PC and play with my Xbros and Switchers there. Fuck exclusives and fuck Sony, Bloodborne is STILL the only exclusive worth a damn 6 years into the generation.

Attached: 1524691672324.jpg (480x256, 15K)

That’s bullshit. Saying “if you have game pass you should try it for yourself” isn’t giving the game a pass. It’s saying “you might like it, but we sure didn’t and as long as you are already paying for it, try it out”.
Modern reviewers are fucking shills devoted to pushing agendas and playing as little of a game before reviewing it. Like the retard who only played Leon A before giving his review saying “it feels incomplete”

if Mircosoft brings game pass to Nintendo Switch, Snoy is gonna die, you would be able to stream a game like Halo (as long as your in a place with good Internet) onto your Switch, even in Handheld mode.

Not really wasted money if you're only looking for gaming, you can't get a PC with the same level of performance at xbonex price

also whatever Third-Party Multiplats are released with it not to mention its gonna work with literally every xbox one game.

>platinum dev
No, it was the director who is an executive at CyGames said this. And CyGames is known for wanting their games playable on as many systems as possible.
It's happening.

Streaming is just as garbage as when snoys tried to use it to shill the Vita (which means life :))

>MS not giving anyone any reasons to buy their locked down closed platform
Yeah I fucking hate Microsoft for letting me play games on PC. I hope they go bankrupt!

Attached: 1550784831138.jpg (386x467, 33K)

Assuming that games even get enhancements on PS5, of course. Just like the xbone, they'd need to make patches or something to make the games use the new hardware, which probably won't happen for every game.

>Like the retard who only played Leon A before giving his review saying “it feels incomplete”
Fun fact: The guy who did that was the same one who reviewed that one Pixeljunk game where you had to play on Normal to get the actual ending, claimed he played on Normal but didn't get it, was called out by the director of the game, then edited the review as if nothing happened. Also he's the head of IGN's review department, so it's hilarious and sad that he still has his job.

Hz is just how many times something happens per second. Think of it like a manufacturing line where if it operates at 3 Hz, that means the product can move to the next step in the line 3 times every second. But let's say one factory has one manufacturing line, and another has ten. Obviously the one with ten lines will make more products if they both operate at 3 Hz, all else being equal.

So Hz by itself is a completely useless metric.

FLOPS is really just an attempt to quantify the amount of work a GPU can do in a second. It's not as simple as MOAR FLOPS = BETTER GPU, but it says a heck of a lot more than clock speed.

Internet technology as improved since then and will continue to get even better, besides its not like they are gonna lock us out from Downloading it onto our consoles or whatever as long as the device your using is powerful enough.

This. Streaming could have been a killer feature for the Vita, if anyone actually bought a Vita. But people actually bought Switches.

Buying a console means compromising on performance no matter how much you spend. I don't see why you arbitrarily draw the line at the Xbone X in terms of performance worth paying for.

I'm not that big with PC gaming, and I say this with a gaming PC. Very few of my friends own a gaming PC and the ones that do just play League or the latest BR. Most of the games I play on PC are games that I can't get on Xbox with the last game I played being Nioh. I had a choice, upgrade my seldom used PC for 700$ or buy an X for 300$ and I went with the latter

That would be the Wii U but the Xbone still utterly failed at what MS wanted to do with it

Hope the Xbox division gets sold off and Sega buy the Phantom Dust IP tbqh

lmao all those great exclusives no one buys because the ps4 fanbase literally just plays fucking fifa

only reason to get a console is for exclusives. xbox will no longer have any exclusives because microsoft puts all of them on PC. therefore there is no reason to ever get an xbox 2 or whatever.

Xbox is dead they are trying to put it on nintendo top lol

Its not about future proofing, its legitimately a waste of money for games. The difference between sata and nvme when loading games is in the milliseconds

Shit, now I probably have to upgrade my rig

>Buying a console means compromising on performance no matter how much you spend.
Not at the same price point

I don't care. I have €2500 saved for a PC.

Shows how much you know about the current and next Gen console hardware.

They both use x86. Your point is invalid.

>Attempting to set up a Japanese HQ to get more of a Japanese install base
>"Who cares it's just gonna be western shit"
PS5 is more likely to have nothing but Western Shit at this point, user.

Attached: 1457811119908.jpg (480x305, 46K)

>i dont care about performance except I do because im willing to spend more money on the upgraded version of the console except that doesn't count because i said so l

that depends on your situation, my PC is basically shit and freezes everytime i launch a game making the Xbox more reasonable then trying to build a PC or spend an unreasonable amount of money on a pre-built for college students and other poorfags Xbox is gonna be important.

streaming over a home network is garbage too

Until games start leveraging the extra read speed headspace

with the money spent on an xbone you could do a couple mid-range upgrades to your PC which would make most games up to a few years ago look great at normal detail levels, and most modern games with a few settings turned off, rather than owning a $4-500 paperweight that only plays downgraded multiplats and old nintendo 64 and halo games

>that's what xboners tell themselves to sleep better at night
GoW and Spiderman already sold over 10 millions in less then a year, and they are still selling well.

Microsoft makes next to nothing themselves, half the Xbox Game Studios lineup for the last 5 years has been various pieces of Age of Empires II being re-released.

blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2018/10/08/project-xcloud-gaming-with-you-at-the-center/
>”Developers and researchers at Microsoft Research are creating ways to combat latency through advances in networking topology, and video encoding and decoding.”
Snoy doesn’t have a software dept like Microsoft where they can solve streaming. Snoy just waits for the solution and piggy backs

Tets

It already has next to no exclusives, pic related, and Sunset Overdrive shouldn't even be there anymore

Or you could spend 10 fucking minutes to fix that problem instead of spending $500 on a console paperweight that's about to be replaced

>Microsoft Research

Attached: matpat-hero.jpg (1500x900, 116K)

thats so fucking arbitrary. why does that matter unless you only spend the exact amount that the console costs? Like oh jeez a pc with better performance is 100 dollars extra i cant go for that except i can spend extra money on the x instead of the base xbone

The One X is a meme because consoles are pretending that they made the jump to 4k and skipped 1080p/60fps when in reality they still have to pick between one or the other. A midrange PC still provides far more function and consistency in performance

>comparing performance at a fixed price point is arbitrary

sure

>im a fucking retard so a console is better for me
At least you're honest.

Spider-man and GoW sold most of the copies they'll ever sell already in their launch windows, like most western AAA games not named GTA. They had better legs than most flavor-of-the-month AAA games but still nothing compared to most big Nintendo games sell literal millions year(s) after release. Spider-man isn't selling shit anymore.

its a heating issue not a software issue.

graphics will always be a tradeoff with 60fps though.

> A midrange PC still provides far more function and consistency in performance
At a higher pricepoint

Attached: xbone exclusives.png (343x188, 6K)

Yet xbox has more golf subscribers than Nintendo and playstation do with their online subscribers

>12+ TERAFLOPS

people believe this shit?

yeah I'm sure a near 2080ti equivalent $1400 GPU is gonna be in a console next year guys lmfao

Attached: 1550820346547.png (446x435, 81K)

The upper price point that has been chosen is arbitrary. On the PC if you want more you can pay more and then you get more. A console that can just barely manage 4k in a handful of games is an awkward and unsatisfying place to draw the line.

Dude, no

>Xbox will now be a PC service
WOW PC WON

If you buy like 10-15 games during the time a console is current gen you will have paid less than for the console + the games.

Late 2020 will absolutely mean that Starfield is another launch title. Bethesda is already working on Redfall and fighting for the trademark in court.

The price point at which you stop is arbitrary
>OH NOES! Can't spend more than the arbitrary price of this particular console, how will PC ever compete :^)

Right, you spend a little more to get significantly better performance, among other things like your entire library not being unplayable every new generation.

If it’s on PC it’s still a Microsoft system exclusive and they make money off you.
Xbox division can make money for Windows division and vice versa

>Arbitrary
no, it's the MSRP set by MS

>those "tits"
thought it was a boy desu

>graphics will always be a tradeoff with 60fps though.
Not on PC

It's not that unrealistic if it's coming out in 2020 and the next spin of 7nm brings benefits.

That said I don't buy it for a second that next-gen consoles will only have 12 and 16GB of RAM, the Xbox One X already has 12GB of RAM and it's only meant to play current-gen games. New consoles will have even more complex operating systems eating up more memory, so we know for sure they'll need more than the 3GB for that than is currently used on PS4 and Xbox One.

It is theyve allready said they are taking the hit for such a bad gen they want everyone to raytrace

dude, cope

>bro you can get the same performance on PC if you just spend more money :)
wow

based retard

>missing the point this hard

AMD GPUS have higher tflop numbers but worse gaming performance.

I have an xbox, xbox 360, xbox one and will probably buy xbox next (high end).
I am already part of its ecosystem, will get the same game ports as ps (3rd party), used to its controller, back catalogue, and all my friends have xbox (we can borrow each others game, and now we gameshare). I honestly have more games than I can play.

As for ps, I only wanted that console for bloodborne. With sony if they offered exclusive diablo clones, horror action/adv games (not interested in siren) and unique action games I would have picked up a ps4 during 200 usd sale. I am not interested in gow, horizon, spiderman and 3rd parties fill in the gap too much.

This is entirely beside the point and you know it, Xbox consoles are pointless now if they're just going to be cheaper, crappier PCs without any of the benefits and paid online on top. I bought an original Xbox for Halo CE and Halo 2, I eventually bought a 360 for a few exclusives but unless I can get an Xbone for under $50 just for MCC I'm not interested. And I see absolutely nothing that makes me think I'll ever want whatever console MS trots out next because 99% of its library will be playable on the machine I already own. And if its Win10 appstore exclusive, I'm not touching it anyway.

What? The Xbone and Xbone X are both x86 and they still needed to patch games released before the Xbone X released to take proper advantage of the newer hardware. This might change going forward since games can be developed to use newer hardware in the future, but any game out now will likely need an update of some sort.

>dude the price of this console doesn't actually exist because you can spend more on a PC for the same performance

lol okay

Cope what? I could easily afford a Xbox if I wanted one. But putting meme tech in that will inflate the price is stupid. There's a reason I got a new sata SSD instead of a nvmeme despite being able to comfortably afford one

No, you get better performance for more money, and eternal backward compatibility.

Just stop, you have to literally change words in my argument to make your narrative work.

I doubt the new Windows OS will be more bloated since they are just improving on OneCore with the intent of an actual universal OS.

so did XBOX ever become the new water cooler?

Attached: 34556.jpg (569x628, 40K)

>more on a PC for the same performance
You get BETTER performance for more money

>There's a reason I got a new sata SSD instead of a nvmeme despite being able to comfortably afford one

ignorance is not an excuse

>No, you get better performance for more money
You also get the same performance for more money, which is the point

>eternal backward compatibility.
lol

>No, you get better performance for more money
>You also get the same performance for more money

Attached: 449172374_1ecde19c88.jpg (500x367, 145K)

what an age we live in

don't you have an h-game to download off of steam launcher or whatever?

Yeah but you have to have GAMES for your GAMING CENTRIC DEVICE.

Xbox canceled more than they put out

Its not ignorance, if I'm only using my pc for games why would I spend a lot extra for a tiny difference?
youtube.com/watch?v=GCDQaE9N-eo

imagine knowing the sad NEET who's compiling these images

Pity reply

Attached: 1293679820192.jpg (800x800, 210K)

Honestly don't know how devs and consumers put up with consoles
>underpowered hardware
>now standard and expected to have to support 2-4 different versions with different hardware across a cycle
Which is precisely what set them apart from PC's as parity was a huge bonus and quality of life for the devs. And now devs are literally just doing the PC approach of high settings on the newest hardware, and cutting and scaling back for the base models

sure here you go

No shit retard, but companies don’t make money on hardware.
Microsoft is expanding its audience for its games with these changes.

I'm not getting burned like this generation. I'm not poor so I have all three + pc and there hasn't been a single exclusive that's been interesting this whole generation for Xbox

I think it's eric

It's easier for a big company to get those specs in one set of machines that will be mass produced vs a million card SKUs

Nah, best combo is PC+Switch
Xbox is useless and PC actually gets Jap games like Nioh, DQ11, Yakuza, Babylon's Fall, probably that upcoming Granblue game, EDF, etc. etc.
And all the ones it doesn't get will likely be on Switch.

cool, my current PC lands about right in the middle of those two, so im set for next gen.

as expected, i doubt we'll see a leap in graphics, considering the PS4Pro's GPU is also like 4tflops. im sure the CPU will help a lot though. will imagine muh FPS will (finally) be a marketable point, which also helps the companies with their streaming goal (helps lower input lag.)

Xbox has 4K RDR2 and the best MP FPS of the gen and a UX that's optimized for the couch and controller.

I'm just going with a single platform next generation. I like the Xbox ecosystem, exclusives and services, so it isn't a difficult decision.

dfc and a nice ass is literally the perfect woman

Attached: dfcc.jpg (883x904, 120K)

>underpowered hardware
I don't know how Nintendo does it. When the new PS/Xbox come out it's going to make the Switch look like a calculator

>343 has no idea what to do with Halo, and their previous attempts do not inspire confidence
>The Coalition has gone full "We want The Last of Us audience"
>Obsidian is washed up and hasn't made a good game in years
>Ninja Theory's track record is beyond inconsistent
>Undead Labs just pumps out generic zombie games
>Turn 10 can't make the Motorsport games good anymore
>Rare is wasting their days on a streamer-bait GAAS title
>Compulsion Games is a literal who studio

Attached: 1549243322905.jpg (640x644, 49K)

Ori has nice visuals and music but its gameplay is pretty substandard.

all 343 needs to do is continue with the awesome MP support and we're gold.

>more streaming
>more game pass
So do you own your games or not?

you can own the ones you buy and play many more with less money :)

You do if you buy them

The Wii was a miracle for Nintendo in so many ways. It essentially cemented them never having to worry about hardware as long as they brought the games.

Then the Wii didn't bring any games.

PS5 is going to be a bit more than that, the 4+ tflops of the lockhart is what makes no sense, 6 tflops sounds more realistic.

It's technically possible. It's not financially realistic. The system would cost too much, and nobody would buy it, or Microsoft would have to lose hundreds of dollars per console sold.

>Gears 4 has the best Multi in the series
>Waawaa

I never understand you retards. I dont think you actually play video games

Only replying based on Undead Labs. I tried the original State of Decay but when it became build a base, find tools, scout, with limited weapons I lost interest. If they took SOD and made something more generic as in your character is the scavenger, it would have been better imo. So generic would actually be a good thing.

Can't wait to not buy this one also since all the games will be on PC and my PC has better specs than these fake specs
>RAM: GDDR6
That's graphics card RAM. Where's the regular RAM amount?

Attached: 1510805116039.jpg (470x470, 31K)

sauce

MY

>manchild cartoon baby movie image
>snoynigger
really makes you think

Attached: 1527118593119.jpg (225x225, 8K)

You forgot Inxile who are pretty good, although inconsistent, and Mistwalker who are working on a new game which is either a port of their phone game to Switch or a new title for Xbox platforms.

as someone who owned an X360 and then abandoned all consoles for PC, I'm just as baffled. PS4 and Switch at least have some interesting exclusives, not my taste, but they're there. Buying an Xbone is like buying a low-mid gimped gaming rig that you have to use a controller for. Why?

>and a UX that's optimized for the couch and controller.
Utterly meaningless to those of us who aren't poor and have comfy desk chairs.

>No pokemon
>No AC
>No FE
>No tlou
>No GOW
Xbox won huh?

consoles literally use the same pool of gddr ram for cpu and gpu

>1TB NVME

HAHAHAHA

Attached: 1519882354376.jpg (750x720, 35K)

Personally I’d rather a bunch of new seasons since I don’t want to loose playable RAAM and Arbiter tbqh

They send monstrous niggers to fuck your ass if you don't upgrade, so it's pretty much forced.Unless you like bleeding black cock that is.

Guess I got a reason to save up now

Attached: D590CF4F-B0D6-4FA9-B1E1-384F2593DEAC.gif (360x359, 566K)

>100 posters for a thread like this on a friday
Xbox really is a dead topic on this board kek
And before you call me a snoygger, im an idort and my xbox is collecting dust ever since they made everything available on the microsoft store

Even at the same level an XboneX-tier PC can easily be had for $400-$500.
4k30 on medium settings with or without checkerboarding isn't exactly hard.
pcpartpicker.com/list/hmGdQZ

this
the only time the xbx was a good value was when gpu mining craze was still a thing. a desktop 580, faster than the xbx's GPU, can be had for 170 with 2 free games which you can sell for say another 50-60.

>If it’s on PC it’s still a Microsoft system exclusive and they make money off you.
First off, no one pays for Windows aside from enterprise (and even not all of those pay).
Secondly, Sunset Overdrive is on Steam, and can be played via Proton on Linux, outside of any Microsoft-owned platform.
It's even funnier when you realize that AMD JUST released a 13 TFLOP GPU that costs $700.
Consolefags are new to the AMD hype machine, so they don't realize that AMD literally hasn't delivered on the GPU side since 2012.
Navi will be underwhelming, just like Vega, just like Polaris, and just like the Radeon VII.

I'm never buying an Xbox again after what M$ tried to do with the Xbone.
also Halo is a dead franchise, no one cares anymore.

It's even easier when utilizing outdated CPU tech like the XboneX does.
pcpartpicker.com/list/H4CMNQ

Funny how quickly console gamers changed their mind about this, always bitching you have to upgrade your PC, when you can just lower the settings, but good luck playing next gen games on the Xbox One X, maybe if you are lucky you will get a downgraded port of Halo Infinite

Fortnite and a few other games are the only ones that support mouse and keyboard controls. And paladins is the only game with gyro support which is gay

Dumb nigger, the point of xbox one x and ps4 pro was to deliver consoles for people who had 4k tv.

and they can't even do that

Yes they can you fat asshole.

Xbox has more consoles than games lmao

Weird considering neither of them can reliably play games at 4k.
No, they exist to be mid-gen upgrades so the base consoles can be ignored and treated like the piles of shit they are.

You have to be fucking retarded to buy a xbox one x or a ps4 pro for a 1080p tv.

This is frustratingly true, people act like X has a $600 GPU when it's just a custom 580, which was selling for as low as 170 with free games as you said before the fucking miner craze, god those 2 years sucked for pc gaming prices

You'd have to be retarded to buy them at all, so it makes sense.

>moving the goal post.

Why are people like you so dishonest?

>AC7 runs at 1080p
>RE2 runs at 1620p
>KH3 runs at 1440p
xbone x can't hit 4k even in relatively simple games

>the point of xbox one x and ps4 pro was to refresh the brand and produce a "new" console they could sell for $400+ again after the base consoles dropped in price
ftfy

neither do actual 4k

I can give you titles which run at 4k as well.
It's not console's fault if the japs can't code.
Most of titles on xbox one don't run at 1080p btw.

Why do morons keep believing that xbox games are coming to switch

60fps being standard next gen is a meme, pretty much all games are GPU bottlenecked now days, AAA titles will continue to go for 30fps

>60fps
Disgusting.

i can tell you a bunch of games on the ps3 and 360 that ran at 1080p too doesn't mean those consoles in any way delivered on the promise of full hd gaming

It's Coon Studios. Going to make games for all the new age blacks who buy Xbox

Yes, and these consoles still aimed at hd TVs dumbass.
4k TV happened, sony and microsoft chose to make special consoles for these so that games can have hdr and a better resolution, there's nothing wrong with it fat fuck.

What is the point of putting that Xbox app on the Switch then? I don't think it'll get anything big but there has to be something in the pipeline that's going to make use of the Xbox app on Switch, even if its just better crossplay for existing games on both platforms.

>fucking PC gaming with it's upgrades
>awesome my $500 X is outdated in 2 years, with it's exclusive in 2019 being 60 metacritic crackdown 3

worse than Sega

IT IS FOR PEOPLE WITH 4K TVs NIGGGGERRRRRR

HOW DO YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES WHEN YOUR PS4/XBOX ONE CANT EVEN CONNECT TO A 4K TV

>there's nothing wrong with it, you're not ALLOWED to complain and express an opinion!

They refreshed the consoles for a better bottom line, so they could sell $400+ machines again after the original models have dropped below $300. It keeps interest in the brand, it'll also get some existing owners to spend even more and buy the new model.

NEITHER CONSOLE DOES 4K

YES THEY DO AMERIMUTT.
THERE ARE PLENTY OF GAMES WHICH DO 4K.
AND ALMOST EVERY GAME HAS A HIGHER RESOLUTION THAN 1080P.

>"4K" console
>Only a tiny handful of games are actually native 4K
lol

Yeah man my '97 camry is a fucking street-racing sports car! I mean I've only done it once and lost horribly, but it still counts XD

Companys don't pay retail price for parts like you dumbass

>Two versions with one being more powerful than the other
Stop it, it just makes game optimisation terrible.

>WHEN YOUR PS4/XBOX ONE CANT EVEN CONNECT TO A 4K TV
Are you fucking retarded?
Do you think you can't connect a base PS4/XB1 to a 4k display?
Are all consoleniggers this technologically illiterate?

There's plenty of games, just not exclusives. You forget that 99% of people who buys consoles are only going to play garbage like FIFA anyways.

The last percent are people who just don't have the brainspan to build their own PC and experience the medium in a better way. So they opt for a prebuilt locked down console to play stuff on cruise control (autoaim, etc)

Attached: image0 (1).jpg (750x724, 111K)

>yearly ugraded xbox models

Attached: 1512276685769.jpg (710x842, 151K)

Where do you see that it's labeled as 4K?

Mark my words, give it a few years and consoles are going to be on fucking yearly upgrade plans like smartphones. The era of a system lasting for 5+ years is going to go down the shitter.

Attached: 1550687657656.jpg (720x720, 75K)

I never played a Gears of War game until I got Gears 4 for really cheap on PC and I had a blast with it. Honestly forgot it was coming out this year.

Attached: 1533244581970.png (660x660, 595K)