Zoomers will argue otherwise but boomers will understand

Zoomers will argue otherwise but boomers will understand

Attached: 10000hoursinmypaint.png (965x771, 11K)

>inB4 GUIS GAMING IS BETTER THAN ITS EVER BEEN DONT BE SO JADED
yeah fuck off, every triple game these days is derivative, plain and simple. Shitty simplified game mechanics are copied for game after game just so it can appeal to the swathes of braindead consumers that make up this shitty industry

That only applies to PS4, everything else has variety.

Women ruined video games, I have yet to meet a women who has any basic logic solving skills.

>everything else
If by everything else you mean indies, that’s the only place any innovation is happening right now

It really does. Consoles have fuckall appeal nowadays outside of the same aggressively shilled AAA garbage that are carbon copies of one another. I got rid of my ps4 a year and a half ago and I think it was the last time I ever bought a console. They don't even have the kind of games you'd only see on them anymore, such as anything japanese, because exclusives are a dying concept.

Best hobby coming through, maintaining aquariums. There is nothing better than taking care of an ecosystem. Only true scholars read books and take care and maintain ecosystems in a closed environment.

It’s AAA games in general dudes. All the shitty games you would associate with this phenomenon are multiplats, they come out on PC too.

Why does your projection go past 1?

On Switch Splaton, Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade, Smash, Gal Metal, Octopath, Bayo etc. clearly aren't the same game.
On Xbox Microsoft have variety, Halo, Gears, Forza, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, Cuphead etc.
It's just PS4 where everything is a third person action game.

Attached: 1531747356777.jpg (1398x562, 280K)

I like to go for walks in the woods near my campus and identify trees, I like to press leaves as well. I told my ex about my hobby and she laughed. Meanwhile her hobbies consisted of sitting on her ass watching netflix and eating junk tood. Why do women exist?

>every triple game
>reeee no non-hipster wears plaid and has a beard, it's all hipsters nowadays
>what do you mean try searching for someone who doesn't wear plaid and have a fullbeard? nah, impossible

>All the shitty games you would associate with this phenomenon are multiplats

Yeah no. The kind of cinematic horseshit pandering to the lowest possible common denominator that Sony puts out fits right in. The difference is that those are very succesful because surprise surprise, normalfags will eat absolutely anything with a high marketing budget. There is zero fucking appeal on these shitty boring as fuck games and their predictable as fuck cliche stories that are always put on a pedestal regardless of how generic they are. Uncharted for example pretty much plays itself with how automated, scripted and railroaded everything is, but it LOOKS good, so it draws people in. It actually reminded me of FFXV and how amazing its "gameplay" looked like, until you put your hands on the controller and realize that everything is done by holding down a button. Bloodborne was kino, but the rest I played on the ps4 before getting rid of it was plain Press X For Awesome normalfag trash.

Name some original gay games full of delightful nu-soi and fun.
I'll start:
>Oxygen Not Included
>Factorio
>Judgement: Apocalypse Survival Simulator
>Darkwoods
>Frostpunk

Attached: 1549657228743.png (500x500, 283K)

Stanley's Parable

This is actually true

I blame Soulsborne faggots jumping on the bandwagon and saying Dark Souls combat is SO FUCKIN EPIC and demanding every game has to have combat like it. Asscreed is unplayable because of this shit.

More like this tbqh.
Most of the games on the Atari, NES, etc. were just clones with different sprites pumped out en masse. Pure shovelware. Only later on when games started having a higher production value and 3D entered the picture did they start to blossom into a unique array of games.

Then 3D games started to settle into "waves" of trends, first platformers and collectathons, later on it was corridor shooters, then walking simulators, etc.
The Indie boom introduced a little more variety but that quickly degenerated into an even worse display of sameness as every game tried to pull off the same style and pretentious messaging.
Mobile gaming of course flooded the industry with pure clones made to farm cash.

And here we are today. Games are now more expensive to create than ever before and the industry is more competitive than it's ever been, including with other forms of entertainment. So games have minimal risk-taking room - better to play it safe and make a sequel, or a licensed product with a tested formula, and layer on microtransactions, than to create an expensive and new type of game and potentially fail.

Want to know why MMOs died? It wasn't because of WoW, or demographics, or anything like that. It's because MMOs are too fucking expensive. The only ones made now are shovelware with mobile game monetization, because those are the only ones that are guaranteed to make back their starting investment.

I also think Kickstarter has greatly contributed to games being samey. Fans constantly demand rehashes of old games from the time when game weren't samey, but in doing so they get a bunch of similar games all at once. Just look at the "CRPG boom" lately, most of those games are nothing special and are just going through the motions to feel like Baldur's Gate.

The thing about great art is that no one asks for it. Art that goes down in history as truly great and memorable, is usually something people didn't even know they wanted yet.

Attached: history of gaming.png (965x771, 11K)

I love Dark Souls but it's extremely tiresome how many games have adopted the third person iframe rollspam model because of its popularity
I'm not saying DaS invented it but I'm pretty sure a lot of games have picked it up because of DaS's (and probably also BamHam's) popularity
Spider-Man
nuGoW
MHW (I know MH games have been doing this for years stfu)
Ass Creed Origins and Odyssey
Let it Die
Witcher 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
and countless others I've forgotten about or haven't played
they're fun enough to play but when so many games are basically the same thing its so goddamn tiring

DOOM clones
Gradius clones
Arkanoid clones
Tetris clones

The industry has been copying itself since before the NES existed, senpai.

>Why do women exist?

Attached: 1547159931166.webm (400x400, 2.92M)

I think the difference is that none of those clones were big hits. Back then amateurs would just make clones on a shoestring budget to make back their investment. Now, the game industry is more like Hollywood. They put a huge budget into making a very safe piece of media that's just like others that already sold well. So you end up with a clone that's shiny and attractive enough to also sell a lot. It's the most profitable way so it wins out in the end, but it sucks the artform dry in the process.

They have them between the ages of 8 and 11. Children are capable of logic, at least to a degree.
What I'd like to know is why women somehow LOSE the ability to understand basic cause and effect or "If I do thing someone doesn't like, they might do thing I don't like" the instant they get tits.

imagine being this guy

I'll spam you with original 90s games now

Dumping original game 1/?

Attached: 2901522-diablo1-4.jpg (640x480, 95K)

Dumping original game 2/?

Ok so Dune technically did it earlier but this one perfected it

Attached: command-conquer_18.gif (640x400, 66K)

Life is so beautiful!

Attached: 1466271647161738062.png (400x400, 186K)

>he still plays AAA games
lmao

Sorry. That sentence is too complex for me.

Dumping original game 3/?

Attached: tycoon_008.png (640x480, 72K)

Imma post Undertale.

That is a clone of Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon.

Attached: undertale.png (640x480, 4K)

Dumping original game 4/?

Attached: democat_009.png (640x480, 48K)

Dumping original game 5/?

Yes, original came before it and was widely popular. 2000 has prettier buildings tho

Attached: simcity-2000-blog.jpg (890x606, 428K)

A likelihood below 1 is very low, user.

Dumping original game 6/?

Attached: homm1.png (640x480, 130K)

>Last Guardian grouped with cinematic shit

Attached: wait a moment.png (601x429, 333K)

Dumping original game 7/?

Attached: ufo_000.png (640x480, 148K)

>wait a moment.png

Attached: 1501301823525.png (808x805, 446K)

Dumping original game 8/?

Attached: Snap48_1.jpg (640x480, 39K)

A lot of AAA games has been Ubisoftised, you have the same boring Batmanview, the same enemies, the same gameplay with a few different quirks, nuStealth (see the bad guys through the wall, squat in the grass for 2 minutes and then press X behind him), the same "follow that guy very slowly while the two of you bullshit around, the same "get that blue and red herb, you can make potion and molotov cocktail with them" etc
Sony gets praised for his many new IPs but they all look the same to me, there are no drive to create new things, to make a game with emergent gameplay, or make a surprising AI because they've found a very very safe recipe that they're milking, a recipe which sounds and look engaging on the paper but is ultimately extremely shallow

Attached: file.png (235x214, 81K)

Why is she giving birth at home?

Attached: RitsuThink1.png (517x707, 261K)

Dumping original game 8/?

Attached: LostVikings1-e1420422676120.png (600x450, 144K)

Why did you list multiplats for Xbox and switch

I remember creator of the first Warcraft said his game is a combination of Lost Vikings and Lemmings.

Dumping original game 9/9

Attached: lba.png (640x480, 49K)

Bonus round

Attached: worms.jpg (640x401, 53K)

As a Boomer, this is a load of horseshit.
There were many games with identical gameplay for the nes and snes. Moreso than today.

Twinsen Oddysey, my dick couldn't be harder.

goddammit

No you fucking child, last gen was the pinnacle of endless, samey third person shooters with the same God damned turret sequences, the same two weapon limit, and the same banal writing. This gen has been an improvement in everything but monetization, and only AAA garbage is currently badly hit loot boxes.

A probability of 1 means it will happen. Please do your homework sweetie.

Because they aren't on PS4.

The only games I can think of that are like this are Sports games and 3rd person shooter cinematic experiences.

Oh, and also fighting games too.

Utter bullshit. The only zoomer here is you OP since you apparently didn't grow up with a NES. That fucker had loads of shovelware titles which were just poorly disguised clones of other games.

I don’t get the image?

Not to mention vast majority of its library was ONE genre, sidescrolling platformer.

Probably because you don't have to shell out a small fortune to Jewish doctors that way.