So why did Blizzard decide to remaster WC3 before D2?

So why did Blizzard decide to remaster WC3 before D2?

Attached: d2.jpg (417x599, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8klPYjS3ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off. They need to get around to remastering the first Diablo before bothering even with the sequel.

They errantly think it would cannibalise their Diablo Immortal sales even though they're targeting two completely different markets.

>remastering the first Diablo

Oh but they did in D3 ingame

Attached: 1547763527255.png (328x330, 227K)

soulless

Attached: diablo-butcher.jpg (640x480, 86K)

Diablo 1 was a clunky piece of crap

All the more reason for it to be remastered motherfucker.

>remaster
>fixing game
>ever

Everyone involved in making Diablo and Diablo 2 already left. Why would you want a remake?

And if they ever remake it youre gonna get another WoWblo.

WC3 is a 3D game. It's easy to just throw more polygons on the existing models and give them a new skin job.

Upscaling sprites is a whole another beast. Can't just blow them up to a higher resolution because they'll look like a pixelated mess. Unless they have to original art assets lying around, they would need to remake literally everything.

>this geniunely frightened me back in the day
great game

Wc3 remaster looks like shit. Do you want the same thing for diablo?

now i'm interested to see how that AI upscaler would handle diablo 1 and 2 sprites

WoW was much bigger than D3

Bigger question is, why did Blizzard decide to remaster WC3 before WC1?

Attached: Warcraft_I_-_Cover.jpg (969x1213, 1.03M)

Oh yeah, that sounds like a GREAT idea

>thousands of threads about '' soul vs soulless ''
>the art direction is changed to fall in line with Blizzard's current cartooney style
>'' WAHHH WAHHH THEY NERFED ANDARIEL'S TITTIES!!! ''
>'' wow they removed stamina, gave more inventory and stash space, gave a portal skill instead of scrolls, made it so that everyone's drops are unique to them in multiplayer and you can walk over gold to pick it up, what is this game, for casuals now????? ''

you don't want a D2 remaster, jesus christ

Activision Blizz don't give a shit about their legacy, only what milks.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8klPYjS3ws

>that Diablo's fucking scream at the intro

because Path of Exile exists while Warcraft 3 doesn't have an objectively better alternative

I can't believe how bad they fucked up D3's OST. Where is the charm of previous games?

Path of Exile still doesn't have a shape shifting class.

Attached: 💩 .png (950x1511, 1.46M)

Guys how I beat Mephisto? I'm using a paladin, it's level 28

Warcraft 2 > Warcraft 1

based
fuck furries and fuck the first ones

Because they made d1 playable within d3 and no body cared. So they went after the mobile market, and we all know how well that's going over

because they are working on diablo 4 but warcraft 4 will never be a thing

Diablo 1 has the most god-tier atmosphere i've ever experienced. Tristram forms such a malicious cohesive whole. A singular dungeon crawling experience traveling to the depths of hell, much more methodical and satisfying than all that globe trotting number grinding autism of later games.

diablo hellfire was great
diablo 2 without the LOD was shit as well
had to upgrade my PC to 16MB ram to play D:H over lan with my bro, was a requirement

they remastered stacraft

d2 aint thatbhard to reach

D3 just lacks atmosphere of any kind.

They had SC's assets, but they lost some D2 stuff. They told that a D2 remaster would be too hard.

Diablo 2 still looks great, we just need widescreen support.

Sounds like an excuse to me. They know they can't do it justice and remastering it would literally make any future diablo stuff moot

Diablo 1/2 as a story game don't really have much replayability compared to strategy games like Starcraft and Warcraft 3 which they could spend money on growing. Its a poor investment compared to the pay off and the huge amount of work required to remaster old games like that.

>They had SC's assets
Dunno what they had, but SC remaster sprites are made from scratch by painting over silhouettes of original sprites.

There is a mod for that, but AI doesn't react outside of vanilla field of view

I've said it before but I don't think it will happen because they have one of two options: make loot non-tradeable (which they know no one will accept) or make loot work the way it did originally and in doing so make a shitload of money for D2JSP which has been monetizing Diablo items longer and more successfully than Blizz could ever hope to

Game sprites or the source material?