Has no spirits in Smash Ultimate

>has no spirits in Smash Ultimate
>is a main antagonist of Earthbound notably missing from Smash
>no boss battle
>no direct reference to him
I honestly think he has a great chance of getting in.

Attached: pokey.jpg (724x1080, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h3nch-wmXqM
youtube.com/watch?v=TUowhphIeeI
i.imgur.com/WA3s5O0.gif
twitter.com/jr_starman/status/1095122426596343808
youtube.com/watch?v=afKfwL9_M80
youtu.be/6QLpvNiUQco
youtube.com/watch?v=7Fy7KD0_Vj4
youtube.com/watch?v=3WECMEaoS8o
youtube.com/watch?v=kbGSIAxDrLo
youtube.com/watch?v=yJtATiyM2go
youtu.be/t7wJ8pE2qKU
youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZooBJfaMw
youtube.com/watch?v=X-aPW1d5IZg
twitter.com/RandomTBush/status/1072855092888551426
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based pigmaskbro

>is not the face of a popular third party franchise
I fully think he has 0% chance of getting in

Attached: 13b.gif (680x498, 224K)

You are actually mentally deluded if you think Porky has a chance. Please spend some time outside of your internet echo chamber.

Do you have anything to actually add or are you just there to point and laugh at like the local retard

based porkybros

Attached: PorkyS.png (400x400, 27K)

never ever ever ever ;_;

I really don't see why not though. Ness and Captain Falcon are like the 2 OG characters without any antagonist reps, and they revitalized his imagery in Brawl/4, which makes it weird how he has zero representation in this game all of a sudden

THE DLCS (except for Piranha Plant) ARE ALL THIRD PARTY CHARACTER YOU DELUSIONAL FUCKFACE

Nobody said anything about the Fighter's Pass retard. A game like Ultimate can perpetually add whoever the fuck they want even past all 5 3rd party DLC inclusions. Literally nothing can stop them from adding whoever, whenever.

>Third party characters have more of a chance at smash than many nintendo characters

Worst timeline

WHY WOULD SAKURAI BOTHER TAKING THE TIME TO ADD LITERAL WHO FIRST PARTY CHARACTERS AS DLC FIGHTERS WHEN HE COULD ADD BIG NAME THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS INSTEAD? PORKY DOES NOTHING FOR SALES

Neither does Corrin.

see you in may

Attached: Edelgard.png (480x711, 397K)

Can't you literally say the same thing about Corrin in Smash 4? Who the fuck is Corrin? That shit sold me on nothing. It's about time that the first 12 characters had all their respective villain reps.

>I really don't see why not though.
because except for krool, this game has only been an endless source of disappointment

You do know that many other characters were removed in later Smash games right? Porky isn't the only one

>PORKY DOES NOTHING FOR SALES
unless...

Attached: zdhn28n380111.jpg (1200x683, 125K)

Wasn't Roy literally cut from his own game?

I unironically want Sans in so you Mother cucks shut the fuck up

Corrin was a shill pick and had a new game.

SMASH 4 WAS A DIFFERENT TIME
SAKURAI HAS MORE AMBITIOUS PLANS FOR ULTIMATE, ADDING LITERAL WHO FIRST PARTIES WOULD RUIN THEM

Are any of those other removals main antagonists to Smash originals from a mainline Nintendo IP?

He's not playable character worthy but there's absolutely no reason for him to not have ANYTHING related to him, other than the new pork city stage

>I AM SILLY

He has no spirit because he is inside the ultimate safe capsule.

>typing in all caps
Please stop doing this. Just use the
>
quote symbol instead.

Attached: 1531942128998.jpg (640x640, 74K)

No he’s not

I think it's pretty clear Sakurai just does whatever the fuck he wants. If he wants Balloon Fight in he'd do it. What incentive did he have to put Duck Hunt or G&W in?
>He's not playable character worthy
Why not?

Even if that were the case it means nothing because character alt sprites don't nullify anything. All the other characters in the game have different variations of themselves from different series and scenarios as sprites, like Tennis Mario

> Mother
> Mainline
Really?

Yes?

Yes he is. Stop being in denial.

Why? Just because it has characters in Smash?

I don't really know what you're trying to say here but all Mother games have never appeared on a non-Nintendo console. Them not doing anything with an IP doesn't really mean shit, it's still a main series from them directly.

>notably missing
there are at least 10 franchises more relevant than Earthbound missing a main villain in ultimate

Name them

Not him but Mother has 3 games, the last one of which was released in 2006 and they still haven't bothered to translate it. It's not mainline. First party isn't the same mainline. That like saying Chibi Robo is mainline. Mainline for Nintendo is Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby. Maybe one or two others that I'm not thinking about. I love Mother, but it is not mainline.

well one of them is fire emblem you know

>Megaman
>Street fighter
>Xenoblade
>Yoshi
>Fire Emblem
>Metal Gear
>Final Fantasy
>Sonic
>Splatoon
>Wario

Alright semantics, let's just say first party then. He's a first party who lacks the reps everyone else gets (and I think C. Falcon deserves one too). K Rool hasn't been a relevant villain to DK in a long time either so why not. I think adding him in would also encourage a revitalization of the series, same with Captain Falcon.
First party OG 12 characters should receive prioritization

>all those 3rd parties
And Ness has been around since day one. He deserves it over all those other Nintendo reps. Wario is also a bit of a villain himself anyways.

Mother is never getting more games, Itoi is done with it.

You also missed the point of Porky not having any spirits, which isn't the case for a lot of the series you mentioned.

this. porkyfags don't realize how clever Sakurai can be.

>I think it's pretty clear Sakurai just does whatever the fuck he wants
reminder Corrin exists

>K Rool hasn't been a relevant villain to DK in a long time
No, but that's a unique case because DK is still relevant, and he was just the most popular character/villain. And I'll admit I didn't realize you were talking specifically about villains, but for that see . How many people that don't play Mother are going to know who Porky is, or Black Shadow for that matter? How many are going to say "well they look cool, let me go check out their games" only to find there's no official way to own them other than the Virtual Console on a system they probably don't own?
>First party OG 12 characters should receive prioritization
Based on what? Things that were popular 20 years ago? It's clear you want Porky in and that's fine, but your justifications don't make much sense.

>but for that see
Once again most of those are 3rd parties, have antagonists who are spirits already, and don't represent the original 12.
>How many are going to say "well they look cool, let me go check out their games"
This is how Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus got revitalized no? All you have to do is coincide his character with some port, sequel, or spinoff or something for the Switch.

>How many are going to say "well they look cool, let me go check out their games"
This wasn't an issue with Duck Hunt, G&W, and Ice Climbers when they were included

>Once again most of those are 3rd parties, have antagonists who are spirits already, and don't represent the original 12.
The question was to name more -relevant- series in Smash without a villain, which every single one of those is. Third party doesn't matter because they're already in. You also seem hung up on the original 12, which I don't understand, and I played Smash 64 on release. I'd rather have better characters than shoehorning someone because his counterpart was in the first game and "deserves it." That's a slippery slope. Will the next game only have Melee counterparts? Brawl after that? This is a braindead reason to put a character in.
>This is how Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus got revitalized no?
no
In order for that to work, there either has to be a new entry/port coming soon, or something readily available to check out. And it's highly unlikely another Mother game is in the works, or even a Switch port. I think Earthbound was on the SNES Mini which is the best bet, and if they add SNES with it to NSO, that would be better a better way to promote interest. But let's face it. These games are weird and niche. I love them, but it's not hard to see why they don't appeal to a very wide audience.

He’s not. The sprite used is when it’s empty.

>Duck Hunt
Was this on VC? If not it still proves my point because they didn't sell anything and it didn't generate a new thing to sell. If it was, then they had something promote at the time they added it.
>G&W
What did they promote with this addition?
Ice Climbers
What did they promote with this addition?

Porky can't be in Smash because he's still in the Absolutely Safe Capsule.

>In order for that to work, there either has to be a new entry/port coming soon
Why is this improbable? Mother 3 doesn't even have an English version yet, how hard would it be to release the trilogy as a port for the Switch?
>You also seem hung up on the original 12
Because this game is a celebration of Smash going as far as to make you start with that game's roster. And they've set a precedent to include long-awaited villains from the original 12, for Samus and DK respectively. It'd be nice to fill it out for C. Falcon and Ness, two series that could be theoretically successful and popular again if they coincided these released with ports or new entries, which people have been waiting for.
The point was that they weren't trying to sell anything with those inclusions. Sakurai just wanted to include them, whether or not they were relevant to the audience purchasing the games. No teen who purchased Melee had any idea who G&W was. He just made for a unique character and is relevant to Nintendo's history

A new rep for a franchise that's
>Irrelevant and dead
>Already has two playable reps
>Has 4 stages
>Has a good amount of music
>Has two items
>Has two assist trophies
Yeah, I don't think so. Makes no sense whatsoever.

>please spend some time outside of your internet echo chamber.
never

Attached: 1549074063316.png (1091x1197, 47K)

3rd parties omitted
>>Xenoblade
Fair.
>>Yoshi
No real antagonist outside of Kamek and he was cucked by the plant.
>>FE
lol
>>Splatoon
Octoings should also be DLC. DJ Octavio is a valid pick as well but he's not a viable pick until the next Smash.
>>Wario
Sakurai hates Wario, otherwise we would have gotten Captain Syrup by now.

Despite all this I still stand by the principle that Mother needs more love for being part of the Smash flagship, and it should boost sales for a translated Mother trilogy port if they did it at the same time

>April Nintendo Direct
>Reggie bids final farewell to the community
>"But first, I have one parting gift for you die-hard fans...and remember: No Crying Until the End
>youtube.com/watch?v=h3nch-wmXqM

Attached: 1447073507153.jpg (816x816, 268K)

Imagine not being satisfied with all the content your favorite series has.

His theme doesn't even play with th ASC. It's not him.

>Despite all this I still stand by the principle that Mother needs more love for being part of the Smash flagship
And what we're trying to rationally explain to you is why Nintendo doesn't.

The ASC doesn’t have a spirit battle so what are talking about?

Wow it's almost as if Sakurai didn't give a fuck which sprite he was using for the ASC and only literal autists would make a distinction between ASC's two sprites.

Attached: 1550012345516.png (382x768, 199K)

>If he wants Balloon Fight in he'd do it.
Problem is all the fighters were suggested by Nintendo. I'd be down for Balloon Fight, Advance Wars, or any other weird, unique character but it's pretty much all guaranteed to be heavy-hitter 3Ps like Skyrim man or the Minecraft guy.

I actually want him but
>from a franchise with no future
>despite its cult popularity EB is a B-list franchise at best
DLC means that it has to be a character capable of generating enough hype to convince people to spend money and EBs fanbase is passionate but small. The spirit thing is suspicious, but imo its more likely that his boss battle was planned but scrapped, although maybe there's a chance that his boss battle could be implemented through an update somehow.

It’s about as farfetched as saying he’s in there as a little reference since other characters appear in multiple spirits yet Porky doesn’t have any spirit whatsoever

but user ness is already in the game

Attached: 1546829067460.jpg (565x400, 59K)

>but imo its more likely that his boss battle was planned but scrapped
But the bosses in the game have spirits too. Why would being a boss exclude him from having a spirit?

Attached: 1547596854378.png (800x1200, 1.42M)

I was thinking that they might've cut the spirit in case the boss was somehow added in later.

This, every single boss from Brawl is in the game in some form, as either a spirit or a battle. Rayquaza even still shows up to rush the screen on the Kalos Pokemon League. Even if they couldn't fit Porky on New Pork he at least deserves a Spirit.

The only other option is that he's going to be a DLC spirit which I personally find more likely than him being a fighter.

user I say this because I care about you and you sound like you're going to be actually disappointed when it doesn't happen. Porky. Is. Not. DLC.
They design the DLC to be sold. Porky is not going to sell DLC. Mother is dead, it's not iconic, especially not Porky, and no one out of its cult following gives a shit about it. So don't expect it. At least if I'm wrong you'll be pleasantly surprised. But the spirit thing is the only supporting factor in his inclusion, and it's extremely weak compared to the factors against.

>They design the DLC to be sold
Then why does Piranha Plant even exist?

>has no spirits
>famous villain from the Kirby series
>no boss battle
Yeah I’m thinking he’s in

Attached: 1FD8E75A-1C63-4583-AD41-9BD7844D8E29.png (320x200, 10K)

>They design the DLC to be sold. Porky is not going to sell DLC. Mother is dead, it's not iconic
This is so retarded because they literally made Lucas DLC in 4.
>but he was a veteran!
I thought Mother didn't sell? And Corrin also proves you wrong as well, unless you're braindead enough to consider FE iconic.

I don't think Porky is likely either but your reasoning is garbage.

>They design the DLC to be sold. Porky is not going to sell DLC
Corrin and Fire Emblem are no where near iconic.
>But the spirit thing is the only supporting factor in his inclusion
There's also
>emphasis on main 12 villains
>the fact that there is zero reference to him despite being there since Brawl
>the potential to consolidate a Mother trilogy port to switch

> It's not iconic because it's new!
Also, Fire Emblem is WAY more popular than Mother.

>Fire Emblem is WAY more popular than Mother.
forcing something doesn't make it popular
also, different target audience

Attached: 1395497339623.gif (320x240, 1.91M)

>Also, Fire Emblem is WAY more popular than Mother
Yeah it's almost like it has a million games in an active series or something. The point I was arguing was that it wasn't iconic, which it isn't. It has little relevance outside of the gaming community. It's a niche series with niche mechanics, and from a quality perspective even the fanbase is split on some of the entries. Its sales are relatively abysmal to the other series. It checks off zero boxes for being "iconic"

Nips loved it even back in the 90's

unironically kino

Do you have a source to back up that claim (or are you the faggot that still misquotes Reggie)

>the capsule uses the empty sprite because galeem's beams destroyed the capsule itself but not porky

Literally all of those series besides Splatoon has their major villian as a spirit

fighter pack 1 is called fighter pack (1) for a reason

Are you serious? It was free for most of the people that own the game and is unironically more relevant and iconic than Porky. It also has the "omg I can't believe they put a plant in the game" thing going for it.

>This is so retarded because they literally made Lucas DLC in 4.
And I was shocked, but at least he had previously been in a Smash game. That was more for Brawl fans than Mother fans.
>but he was a veteran!
Who are you quoting here? I never said that and I don't even know which character you're talking about.
>And Corrin also proves you wrong as well, unless you're braindead enough to consider FE iconic.
No, I don't consider it iconic. Maybe not as much in the west, which is why people always bitch when a new FE rep is added. But it's more popular in Japan, and Sakurai has a permanent boner for it.

Either way, how is
>hey guys let's poll the fanbase to guage what would be the best things to add to our DLC so they'll -buy- it
not trying to design it to sell DLC? Nintendo's failed to take into account that fans would ask for shit like Goku and Spongebob. We'll see if they learned their lesson this time.

>emphasis on main 12 villains
In your head canon. Fans have been crying about K. Rool and Ridley for a decade now. Dark Samus was an easy echo. Very few people give a shit about Porky. He wasn't even a likeable or cool villain.
>the fact that there is zero reference to him despite being there since Brawl
I already mentioned that.
>the potential to consolidate a Mother trilogy port to switch
I have the potential to consolidate one for my ass, too. It doesn't mean it's likely. Like I said, cross-promotion only works when there's something to cross-promote. Whether there's something they can already obtain, or something they can see coming. One of those is -possible- but not likely in the timeframe of Smash's DLC release.

If you honestly think Porky has more than a (generous) 10% chance, you're completely deluded.

free dlc as joke character:

him in that protective sphere from the end of 3, doesn't take damage and can only roll left or right

The ASC used for the spirit is the empty sprite.
You can look up last Porky Fight in mother 3, and you will see that the window slightly changes when its empty

>It doesn't mean it's likely
Nobody is talking about what is or isn't likely, just that there are avenues to take to make an inclusion more possible for promotional purposes. If your argument is "They won't do x because they can't promote it" then you can easily say that a trilogy release with a fully translated 3rd Mother is a pretty decent enough promotion

>Irrelevant and dead
Dead, but not irrelevant. Don’t lie to yourself
>Already has 2 reps
Ness and a clone of Ness. Lucas plays differently but he’s still a clone that they used the same model and animations for.
>Has 4 stages
Your only good point
>Has a good amount of music
12 songs from a series famous for its music. Mother 3’s game mechanics were fucking based around the music. It didn’t even get any new songs in Ultimate, only new remixes of 2 songs that were already in the game.
>Has two items
Literally irrelevant
>Has two assist trophies
Literally irrelevant. Are you actually this autistic?

Sakurai has a boner for Mother as well though.

HE WOULD MAKE A GREAT CHARACTER!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=TUowhphIeeI

>>Has 4 stages
>Your only good point
This isn't even a good point because he already has a stage in New Pork City.

too big

I agree with a lot of your points but
>Lucas was more for Brawl fans then Mother fans
This is just absurd. If they were trying to appeal to Brawl fans they would have brought back Wolf, Snake or Pokemon Trainer.
>Porky wasn’t a likeable or cool villain
You know nothing about Mother. Porky is Itoi’s favorite character, the only character with major development in the series and has a ridiculous amount of fan art, remixes and videos about him.

>Sakurai actually just really hates Porky and finally went out to his way to get rid of him from Smash.

I know this isnt true but I think itd be really absurd and funny.

Porky is already in Ultimate.

Attached: absolutely-safe-capsule-spirit-1.jpg (720x405, 161K)

I know people like to push the ASC meme but it doesn't mean anything because all the other fighters have alternate versions of themselves as spirits, like the Wii Trainers, that are different from there actual fighter spirits.

>there are avenues to take to make an inclusion more possible for promotional purposes
Yeah, by promoting games and including characters that are actually relevant. Ones we actually have evidence of existing. I'm sorry user. I hope someday we get our trilogy/translation. I would buy it. Porky has an extremely minute chance of happening.
Nintendo has final say in the DLC, not Sakurai.
>Dead, but not irrelevant.
Outside of its niche following, it absolutely is. But we've been over this. You don't live in a bubble.
>If they were trying to appeal to Brawl fans they would have brought back Wolf, Snake or Pokemon Trainer.
This is fair.
>You know nothing about Mother. Porky is Itoi’s favorite character, the only character with major development in the series and has a ridiculous amount of fan art, remixes and videos about him.
I love Mother. I didn't like Porky. Itoi also isn't making Smash, and your last point could apply to any character or song that's even remotely popular. But I'll admit I might be in the minority among Mother fans. However, you guys greatly overestimate the popularity of Mother in general, or even in Smash. Most of the people that own Ultimate either don't know or don't care about Porky and would much rather have someone else. They probably don't even know who Ness and Lucas are.

Plus that’s the empty version of the capsule. The sprite with Porky inside had a shadow of his mech in the window. If they wanted to go with that joke they would have used that one

>Not a protagonist or Main antagonist
Doubtful

Mother isn’t irrelevant though. It’s a dead series but it still gets pretty major attention in Smash, and has a substantial amount of people still talking about it due to Smash and all the games inspired by it. Also, in regards to your other statement, no one is arguing that Mother is popular. That’s never something that comes up in these threads. Everyone is under the assumption that if Porky was a DLC fighter, it would be to promote a Mother trilogy. Reggie said only a couple years ago when asked about Mother 3 that “we are always looking for opportunities to introduce new people to old IP, and all I can say is that we are aware.”. The best and only way to do this would be through Smash. Not saying it’s likely, just saying it’s actually possible this time around and has evidence supporting it

>Ones we actually have evidence of existing
Who's to say an announcement couldn't happen tomorrow or 4 months from now that Mother would be rereleased. If that happens it would just be a natural progression.

He is the main antagonist. He’s the only main antagonist of Mother 3 and shares the antagonist role with Giygas in Earthbound. Giygas serves more of a role as a plot device than the main villain anyway, Porky is the one who you follow throughout the game and watch his development

Didn't stop Dedede

>muh villains
lol

Dedede is Sakurais Wanky Kang, of course he's in.

Porky isnt even truly a villain, he was just some dumbass kid corrupted by the Mani Mani Statue because Ness is a Silent protag and couldnt accept his apology.

Attached: 1549484855080.png (960x1200, 1.74M)

Just because you're in Smash, doesn't mean that your series is relevant.

Look at F-Zero, Falcon is in Smash, but he's not getting more games. Even assist trophies like Dr. Kawashima and Nintendog are more relevant than Mother.

He was Villain enough for Brawl

You’re looking at the word relevant in a completely different way than I am. The series itself is not mainstream, but that doesn’t mean it’s irrelevant. Irrelvant implies that is has no bearing, influence or talk about it anymore. This just isn’t true. It might not be popular, and it might be dead, but it’s not irrelvant. Considering it gets so much attention in Smash, your comparison with Nintendogs is absurd.

>Even assist trophies like Dr. Kawashima and Nintendog are more relevant than Mother
Not true.

>K. Rool
>Ridley
>Ken
>Piranha
lol

Attached: 50985341_p0.jpg (1000x1500, 1.73M)

STOP FUCKING SHOUTING I’M NOT DEAF

You haven’t played Mother obviously

You have a point in the fact that it's still sort of relevant through Smash. But in that case so is Duck Hunt. And F-Zero. And ROB. I'll give you things like Undertale, though, but I guarantee you half of that fanbase doesn't know about Mother. And Reggie's quote means nothing.That it could mean they're doing it, sure, but it's more likely corporate fanbase calming.
Ultimate doesn't even have trophies to give background to things. The only reason people would know (who don't already) what Porky's associated with are his symbol, maybe stage, and the music that plays on it.
>evidence
>existing
>evidence of existing
A port or compilation doesn't currently -exist-, and there is no -evidence- that there will be one. Who's to say the earth doesn't explode 4 months from now? I mean we have no evidence of that event existing, but sure it could happen I guess. Come on dude. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

>Ken
?? Because of his alt?

@451979359
If you're gonna shitpost at least be subtle.

Have you even played the series? Porky grew up to be lightyears more a villain than Dedede ever was. His motivation in 3 was to outright destroy the world out of sheer boredom.

The guy even had his own nazi army analog

Attached: m3_spoilers___all_hail____by_garlar.jpg (792x824, 491K)

>Not the main villian
Porky has been in every single mother game, including in Mother 1 as the first enemy you fight.

>Mario means Business
>Mario Playing Smash
oh shit

Attached: 003AC0E5-DEE4-419A-9150-8CB888BA2506.jpg (640x905, 460K)

They are though, Mother hasn't got a game since GBA while they got 3DS games. Same with Dillon.

>R.O.B. and Duck Hunt
Not a fair comparison. They were put in for the novelty of them being characters in the first place, Mother has multiple stages and 2 characters, even if one is a clone. The series is obviously held to a different level than those characters.
>Reggie’s quote
Like it or not it does mean ‘something’, he said it for a reason. Let’s go with your theory about it being “corporate fan base calming”. If Mother is truly as irrelevant as you claim then why would this be necessary? Why not just say “We have no plans for this series as of right now”.

>the lamp
That’s a bit of a stretch

>Who's to say the earth doesn't explode 4 months from now?
You're conflating. There may be no direct evidence of a re-release, sequel, or whatever, but there is substance in Porky not being present, Switch's virtual console, the demand for a translation of Mother 3, etc. Nintendo throwing some love towards one of their franchises is more likely than some spontaneous event

>"The smartest, BRAVEST, and toughest chubster of all time. Here stands a statue of our great leader, Master Porky."

Attached: KingStatuebattle.png (108x104, 2K)

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1543852437221.png (1366x1855, 553K)

It's happening

What the fuck you mean not the main antagonist?
He even fucked up Giygas on purpose and called him an "all mighty idiot" in his face.
It's like saying that Ridley is not the main antagonist and that they should had added Mother Brain instead.

Also, Mother's 30th anniversary is this year. Last time we got Beginnings on the VC, they'll probably do something with Reggie on his way out.

>Geez. My heart is almost pounding out of my chest!...
>HEART

Attached: heart.png (880x767, 678K)

>He even fucked up Giygas on purpose and called him an "all mighty idiot" in his face.
No argument from me about being a villain, but Giygas was the one who recruiting Porky in the first place and put him in charge of the Devil's Machine. By that point they were both fucked up crazy, but Giygas was incapable of rational thought and all Pokey had to do was press the off-button.

Attached: the_hell_am_i_smoking_by_emptyvoids.png (500x500, 114K)

*blocks your path*
"Sorry, only new franchises allowed for DLC."
Better luck next time.

Attached: file_5829_reggie-shurg.jpg (500x333, 26K)

>The series is obviously held to a different level than those characters.
Obviously not or he would be in. I can walk down the street and say "hey fuck that duck hunt dog, right?" and people would say "yeah man, i hate that thing." If I did the same and said "hey, remember Porky from Mother (or Earthbound here)," people would give me blank stares. I think ROB was a stupid pick too, for what that's worth.
>Why not just say “We have no plans for this series as of right now”.
Because it gives hope to a certain fanbase and encourages them to keep buying your shit. Same with F-Zero and the "never say never approach." It leaves a little bit of mystery, gets people talking, and builds hype for a series you might have no plans for. Selling people on stuff you haven't even spent a moment or a penny working on is the holy grail of business.
I'm not conflating, I'm using your logic. You don't know there's going to be a Mother release anymore than I know the earth is going to explode. Nintendo hasn't said "hey the Mother Trilogy will be out in 2019. We hope you enjoy the surprise" and scientests haven't said "Hey a meteor's going to blow up the earth in 2019, we tried to stop it but we can't and thought you should know."
>Nintendo throwing some love towards one of their franchises
Of which there are many more relevant, popular ones, not even including 3rd parties and cross-promotion.
Anyway I'm out of this thread because you folks (all 2 or 3 of you) are clearly delusional and not willing to listen to reason. It's just not worth my time anymore. Just try not to shit up the board when you find out he isn't in.

......he's in

Attached: 1549974775518.png (1271x3200, 3.83M)

screencapped, amigo
salted pork is the best, see you at E3!

Attached: 1543260800517.png (795x828, 122K)

>Obviously not or he would be in
What the fuck are you even talking about? It is obviously held to a different regard considering it has 4 stages and multiple fucking characters. Whether or not the character is known mainstream has no impact on anything being discussed itt.
>To give them hope
This is bullshit and you know it. Nintendo has outright said when they have no plans to do something, and by teasing more Mother games what the fuck are they selling? I’m not saying this isn’t the case with Reggie’s quote, but completely dismissing it as meaning nothing at all is completely illogical.

Giygas plan was to conquer earth and destroy humanity, he put himself in the machine so all his power didn't destroy his mind, so pretty sure what Porky did when he deactivated the Devil's Machine was fucking up Giygas and his plan, in the start of the fight, Porky calls Giygas "Master Giygas", then fastly drops the master and calls him Giygas, and when he deactivates the machine Giygas is just his all mighty idiot.
I think Giygas wanted to control Porky, that was the plan, but Porky was too much of a dick to control.
If it wasn't for Giygas, Porky wouldn't ever end as the immortal old child from Mother 3, and if it wasn't for Porky, Giygas wouldn't ever would had became that red spiral of doom.
In the end, they both fucked each other.

Attached: 339965_1.png (313x313, 31K)

>Getting BTFO so hard you can’t handle the thread anymore
Pathetic. You’re the one that can’t handle reasoning. You keep arguing against things that no one is claiming and it’s hilarious

See, this atleast puts in effort to show a concept for what he could do if he was in, while the rest of you faggots just "Muh he's in". Take the god damn initiative.

>There are more popular and relevant Nintendo series thus any evidence pointing towards something Mother related means absolutely nothing
Are you inbred or what? No one knows for sure that there’s going to be a Mother release, that doesn’t mean that there can’t be signs that look as if they’re pointing to it happening. If discussion about that makes you this angry you’re just autistic

Attached: 1536365230642.png (1200x827, 614K)

>In the end, they both fucked each other.
Just like in my doujinshis!

Attached: 1543365273594.png (488x722, 183K)

>See, this atleast puts in effort to show a concept for what he could do if he was in
Anyone can make this chart for any character, retard. I could make one for Shadow, doesn't mean he isn't just relegated to an AT. Arguing the logic behind why he could or couldn't be in is more important.

Plausible.
Porky's fight is quite memorable in Brawl, and it'd be neat to see from EB reps get in.

Would it be old Porky or young Pokey? That's my question

Attached: teatime.jpg (1256x922, 199K)

>Of which there are many more relevant, popular ones
The point is there is more room to throw love at Mother, which many of the other series have already received. It's long overdue and isn't unlikely by extension.

user, are you okay? What the actual fuck are you on about? The guy just said “show what he COULD do if he WAS in”. No one is using this shit to prove that a character is in the game. What the actual fuck

i.imgur.com/WA3s5O0.gif

Attached: 1545437130277.png (1324x640, 1.62M)

Depends, if Sakurai redesigns the spider mech, it could be both (Like how Ridley have his normal form and his meta Ridley form) If not, I can see the young Porky doing it since is more popular than the old one.

Attached: PorkyMinch1_XP_Styled_CSP.png (645x525, 472K)

He's conflating character design with "he's in" discussion, which are two different things. The former can be discussed about anybody, the latter actually talks about why he's a probable candidate, which is the whole point of the thread.

Sure, but both of those types of discussion are allowed within the thread. I don’t agree with the original user getting so pissy about “he’s in” discussion though

The way I see it, if they were planning on just a Mother 3 localization, they'd use old Porky. If they were doing a compilation release of the entire series, then more likely young Porky.

It could be either, but in any case they should at least have him emote. Porky as very much "that kid" in video game form, and he needs expressiveness to better portray his personality

Attached: 1534623870825.jpg (640x611, 59K)

He's getting pissy about it, implying that it isn't good discussion. That's why I said that.

>the capsule kept Porky safe from the light beam
>capsule was destroyed and made a spirit
Does that mean... Porky's now OUT of the capsule?

Attached: and on his way to smash.jpg (188x191, 6K)

Attached: panic.png (156x156, 22K)

>Porky isn't even truly a villain
Porky is easily the most evil Nintendo character with maybe Ridley tied with him, what the fuck are you on?

They're both the only outright full on sociopath characters who don't really care about conquest and just get off from people's misery.

Attached: I know you can read my thoughts boy.jpg (500x373, 40K)

What part of "Absolutely Safe" didn't you understand OP?

see

Attached: 1536381495529.png (2518x1024, 393K)

The part where Galeem was able to destroy it and make it a spirit.

Attached: 1534242967066.png (1920x1110, 2.15M)

>Porky is so powerful that not even Galeem could kill him
OH FUCK

>Both pig kings finally together in a game
Fuck yes

Attached: piggy_back_ride_by_krazifreak-d6u1wk2.jpg (400x571, 80K)

Ten thousand years and counting.

Attached: 1543416245273.jpg (350x569, 69K)

>Ken
>villain

Attached: 1499122539632.png (680x680, 416K)

Attached: party_at_the_minch__s_by_mystical_kaba.png (800x1107, 1.95M)

this image makes me happy inside
I don't know why tho

Only one more

Attached: nintendo_villains_by_brendancorris.jpg (721x871, 343K)

fuck if I know

Attached: 1550787962332.gif (256x224, 7K)

Yoshi's main antagonist isn't missing, he's been in the game since Melee.

>my life
>right now

>Porky isnt even truly a villain
>made a deal with a space demon over some dumb misunderstanding
>toyed with time travel
>created a nazi pig regime
>creates abominations of nature
>tortured and malformed a child into an emotionless killer with no signs or memories of their past, forcing his brother to kill him
>not a true villain

Attached: 1550696304453.gif (200x200, 2M)

Attached: 1545276863326.png (900x654, 1.38M)

Don't forget he destroyed a couple worlds over his thousand year reign and then destroyed the protagonist's world out of pure spite not giving a shit how fucked he ended up getting inside his capsule because he doesn't so much care about him "winning" as much as he just loves seeing everyone else suffer.

that's what good boys do!

Spoiler: It's because his boss battle is coming back, alongside a World of Light expansion DLC

Reminder that Porky had a canon harem. He's a total chad.

Attached: 30-63.png (480x320, 13K)

No complains, i was ready for him to be a boss since galeom was back.

He dindu nuffin
Why would that stop him from having a spirit? Why was he not included in the base game? If you're gonna sell a DLC wouldn't you come up with new boss battles?

What other bosses could they add alongside him, though? We already have the previous game ones I doubt they'd go through the trouble just to add old King P

Stay mad fuckass

Nah, this is a good thing. Fuck no-name c-listers like Geno, Porky, Isaac, and etc. They have no business being in Smash and never will. I'd much rather have Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, and etc.

Rayquaza but I guess he already has a spirit

No, he’s not. There are 2 sprites for the ASC. The spirit uses the one where there’s nobody inside of it. Fucking retards.

Attached: 1546987278036.png (268x247, 6K)

>Main villains
I don't recall seeing a Zanza spirit.

unironically who

Zanza is the main villain of Xenoblade 1 and 2. Well, in 2 he's the father of the main villain, but that's besides the point.

Wouldn't kirby just get Porky's bowlcut (covering his eyes)

I like his idea more

>plot twist: Pokey was Kirby all along

Attached: 566.gif (440x248, 885K)

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (730x518, 216K)

Attached: kirby Porky.png (213x219, 33K)

Perfect, too perfect in fact

Is porky dancing with a female giygas? Lol

who wouldn't? she's got great legs

Attached: 1529440622874.jpg (681x832, 84K)

Y-you don't really think Ken is a villain, do you? Are Smashfags really this retarded?

Attached: come_back_here_by_garlar.jpg (1274x928, 868K)

Valid point, user

Attached: 1534268822850.png (800x1150, 782K)

I am

source?

twitter.com/jr_starman/status/1095122426596343808

Attached: pig_themed_nintendo_final_boss_by_daimyo_koikoi_dcq7itb-pre.jpg (906x882, 183K)

looks like the same art style as

Because no matter what the context, Mother baddies will always be as silly as the rest of the cast.

Attached: mother_3___we__re_alike____by_garlar.png (900x2176, 2.46M)

Attached: 1541379846231.jpg (680x937, 80K)

I really like the idea that Porkey only became the villain so he could keep hanging out with Ness
Dude even became the most evil fucker in any Nintendo series just to honor his memory

>forcing his brother to kill him
Technically he killed himself

There are still retards that think we're getting porky knowing nintendo are making the picks and first reveal was Joker

>people using the ASC meme
>while zero from megaman has three spirits
you have to be retarded to think they didn't left porky out on purpose, just like piranha plant on launch

Attached: 1544018797812.png (606x677, 296K)

I don't give a shit about spirits, I listed 10 franchises more relevant than Earthbound that still don't have a playable main villain.

Where did this version of Giegue even come from? He looks nothing like that in the game.

Attached: 36-1.png (248x224, 3K)

You ignored the part about all of those series villains having spirits already though

Doshin the Giant doesn't have a spirit, HE'S IN GUYS!

Attached: Doshin-the-giant-20071019114302365-640w_480_poster.jpg (480x370, 80K)

popular japanese artist made it and everyone liked it.

>Megaman
>Street Fighter
>Final Fantasy
>Metal Gear
>Sonic
All third party. Don’t need the series villain
>Yoshi
Already have Bowser dude. No one cares about Kamek, he isnt the main villain
>Fire Emblem
Nice meme
>Wario
He represents his series perfectly, he was even the villain of his most recent game
>Splatoon
Fail to see DJ Octavio working, but this is a fair enough one. Kind of shit reasoning considering the series just came out recently and only just now got introduced to Smash

>he doesn't know Morphine's Giegue
Welcome to 2007

Attached: 1169247210_1.jpg (535x680, 146K)

Doshin doesn’t have a stage themed after him and hasn’t been a fucking boss fight in the series. No matter how much you refuse to believe it, Porky’s exclusion is strange

>Ken

Bait.

Attached: 1540521738817.png (313x313, 99K)

Attached: Porky's room.jpg (1280x829, 200K)

Attached: 1452821527077.png (300x302, 131K)

You porkyfags really will grasp at straws huh
Honestly I think he'd be a good character it's just, not gonna happen. Not iconic enough and they definitely would not add a fifth fucking Mother stage

MOTHER 4 CONFIRMED

SHUT UP

nah, he's still in there, inside the spirit capsule

Thread theme:

Attached: pokey__s_starpokeys_by_mystic_fire.png (659x775, 492K)

>2007 was 10,000 years ago

Attached: 1545259734076.jpg (473x616, 80K)

Attached: 1548714404621.jpg (480x276, 17K)

Victory theme
youtu.be/6QLpvNiUQco

That’s not even what it’s called fag read the thread

He has no spirit, no boss battle, and no direct reference because no one gives a fuck about him. It's like asking why there's no boss battle for Ice Climber.

I guess brawl just never happened

Brawl happened literally right when Mother 3 blew up in Japan. It was a big GBA game around that time.

It's fucking dead in the water now and the literal only reason Lucas came back is for the "Everybody's in" thing. Lucas almost just replaced Ness in Brawl.

Bayonetta is so much of a no-name SUB-c-lister that her game couldn't even get funded without a Nintendo desperate to get a wiiu game worth playing.

>comparing ice climber and mother
i know you're desperate to do mental gymnastics to assure yourself that porky won't happen, but come on

Attached: 1547372347832.png (407x416, 10K)

Mother barely sold on NES, just like Ice Climber.

Earthbound barely got localized and it was shit on by western audiences.

Mother 3 sold a lot in Japan and got Brawl representation, and it's not a dead, dormant fucking franchise. They are not devoting a single fucking attosecond to developing more Mother content.

I genuinely don't know if you people are delusional or just general smashfaggots.

Never thought about this, probably why Isaac got cut as an AT in Smash 4 and only came back in Ultimate due to fan demand.

Isaac was removed in 4 because his franchise is dead in the fucking water, yes. They only brought him back because there's a very vocal base that probably spammed votes.

>they are not devoting a single second to mother content
>ness's dad and buzz buzz get spirits
>but neither of the main series antagonists

Attached: 1514845434109.jpg (655x902, 77K)

I will never understand people who devote themselves to pretend that Mother and F-Zero are relevant or mainline franchises for Nintendo.

the mother spirits include a literal fan sprite they took from deviantart, you are MASSIVELY overthinking this shit

Yeah so they'll release an Earthbound character for 5.99 now since he's not a spirit. What a good fucking plan.

Hey there's no spirit for Mappy? Mappy confirmed? Glover confirmed? Holy fuck, devoting time and energy to making Shadow an assist, but no Eggman assist? Eggman confirmed?

Because they think playable in Smash = mainline franchise

eggman would be based as well and nobody can tell me otherwise
but that's not the point, retard

MAIN SERIES ANTAGONIST NOT PLAYABLE AND NOT AN ASSIST?

EGGMAN CONFIRMED?

REMEMBER STICKERS DONT DECONFIRM FIGHTERS!!
I MEAN SPIRITS

DECONFIRM IS A WORD RIGHT GUYS

Attached: 1348141610665.jpg (700x525, 37K)

>the point is, nintendo doesn't give a fuck about mother and the creator is done with the series since his daughter grew up now, and since they didn't add porky at all or even acknowledge him they're adding him as a DLC fighter

Nice point retard.

seething

Imagine getting this triggered just because I didn't use the full name when referring to the Absolutely Safe Capsule

Yes, I'm actually mad. Not seething. That is literally how you retards sound. I just copy pasted your logic.

It makes no sense that porky doesn't even have a spirit in the game. He is literally a part of smash history as a boss in brawl. My prediction is that he will be added as a new boss battle in a future update.

>30th anniversary
>year of the pig
>huge influx of normies because of e-celebs
>no representation despite past appearances in the series
yeah, i'm thinking he's in

Attached: 1479000586740.png (633x535, 702K)

>Celebrating the 30th anniversary of a series that has one poorly selling game in the US

Yeah that'll happen.

>getting mad over a fat kid getting into smash
ouch, which mother fan hurt you as a kid buddy

The ones who keep screeching for a Mother 3 localization, which would be absolutely fucking garbage and they'd remove everything that made the game good.

>one poorly selling game
>forgetting earthbound beginnings

>muh villains
OMG HE'S IN GUYS

Attached: 064.jpg (1440x2063, 145K)

we can agree on that, then
would unironically be based just to see more f-zero shit

No it wouldn't. F-Zero has 30 random fucking pilots and no one even played F-Zero GX. It sold like 1.5 million copies and then was forgotten about. There's nothing to represent. Nintendo killed the series and "fans" of Smash did nothing to save it either.

i said it would be based, i didn't say it would happen retard

It took THIS long for K. Rool and Ridley to get in and Lucas BARELY made it into Smash 4. Porky's not even on the radar.

Attached: KenPunch.png (1280x720, 1.97M)

You sound like a fun person

>Mewtwo a villian

Because it is

If his spirit is not added as part of a mother event then I’d be more likley to believe that he’s in

Holy fuck, imagine being this retarded

you're not wrong

But why the fuck would some jackoff like dungeon man have a spirit but not an antagonist in 2 out of the 3 games

because they just forgot about him plain and simple. look at the fucking masked man sprite, they literally ripped that shit off of someone's deviantart

Giygas is also a villain in 2 out of 3 games. No mention of him

Is someone actually making this for pm? Nice.

But they remembered to give every other boss in smash a spirit
That’s true but Giygas never even had a trophy in past smash games

100% this

But why was Porky a boss in brawl if he’s so insignificant?

Can’t wait for Scorpion, Pip Boy, Master Chief, Sora, and Morrigan in smash 6!

Because Mother 3 had just come out like 2 years before and they added Lucas into Brawl. But now it's been 13 years.

Because Mother 3 had just come out

Not only that, but he has a 3D model over Porky.

Attached: 1544745121151.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

They fully modeled kuma and boney, and gave lucas’s final smash the masked man background. You can’t say that Sakurai “forgot” or it was because “the game just came out”. The dev team still cares about mother.

Fuck brick road

But Nintendo doesn't give two shits. I mean I love Mother but come on. Do you really think anything will come out of this?

I’m not disagreeing with you. I think he’s got a shot unless his spirit is added for some kind of mother event

Probably not, but it’s fun to speculate, jackass

>has no spirits in Smash Ultimate
>no boss battle
I honestly think he has a great chance of getting in.

Attached: Giygas.png (421x600, 91K)

What is mewtwo

How about this then.

Attached: 1530205767258.png (491x292, 80K)

Attached: 1549243849691.png (444x331, 166K)

I was joking that mewtwos design was based off of Giga Gas. It’d be fun to have him in for sure

I'm pretty sure Mewtwo was legit inspired by Giygas, funnily enough.

Attached: thinking.jpg (454x496, 44K)

You’re being intentionally disingenuous. Porky has a stage, a boss fight, and multiple trophies since Brawl. It is obviously at least somewhat strange that he is missing as a spirit. Also, spirits obviously deconfirm because they are actually used in gameplay. Fighter spirits should be proof enough, but you autists are still seething about it

It’s almost confirmed, creatures inc, who worked on Pokémon, was originally ape inc
Fun fact

No boss battle and no direct reference to him doesn’t increase his chances. The only reason Porky’s case is strange is due to his 2 boss fights, stage and multiple trophies in past games

I'd say porky had no fucking chance except this game has abnormally high mother love and appreciation for a game itoi barely wants to show off to people anymore. like, what the fuck? porky isn't even a spirit but ness's dad is? claus and hinawa are literally the last spirit fights, on opposite sides, before galeem? what the fuck is even the explanation here

Attached: 1550398434435.png (1440x1490, 2.83M)

I Hate how people actually think Porky have chances to getting into Smash Ultimate. Reggie said himself that all of the characters in the DLC Fighters Pass are new to the series. Porky has been in Super Smash Bros before but as a boss/sticker/trophy. Boom Porky deconfirmed

well you see, trophies were used in gameplay too, you arranged them around to take pictures and that's gameplay
>NONONONONO EQUIPPING SPIRITS IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT

Don’t forget beating the mode gives you the masked man spirit

>Listening to anything that guy says after handing the keys over to fucking Bowser

The no-name c-listers are FAR more interesting and probide more for a unique character than any third party character could bring that isn’t already in, asside from someone like Amaterasu or Doomguy maybe.

All of this would normally mean nothing on their own but together it seems like too unlikely of a coincidence.
>Unusual amount of Mother love in Ultimate
>30th anniversary of Mother right around e3 this year
>Porky missing a spirit despite having 2 boss fights in Brawl
>Reggie saying that “Nintendo always looks for ways to reintroduce old games to new fans” in regards to Mother 3
>Year of the Pig

God I hate this moveset. It’s so fucking bad.
At least the fawful moveset this guy apparently made is good.

Attached: EFBFBA9A-EA3C-445E-9160-863005500952.jpg (654x754, 93K)

What the actual fuck are you on about. Spirits are used in the ACTUAL gameplay, you equip them on your fucking characters and it says their name underneath your character. That’s why Ganondorf has a spirit in the game but it says (Twilight Princess) next to it, to avoid confusion. It’s why there is a nipper plant spirit that’s turns into Petey Piranha and not a Piranha Plant spirit.

Attached: 1536708130706.jpg (2708x2227, 653K)

I'm all for the whole Mother 3 release thing but you know that game is gonna get gutted if it ever gets released officially. The themes are too fucked and changing them compromises the game.

Maybe I'm crazy. I'd rather people just look for the translation that's been out for like 8 years now. I mean shit, I played the game in japanese with a shitty gamefaqs text translation because I couldn't wait for the Tomato translation enough. And I'd prefer that over a 'localization fix'.

Attached: 1547983196779.png (822x802, 680K)

>le not relevant and iconic
Not a valid argument for a game with 7 Fire Emblem characters, Bayonetta, Shulk, and Joker in it.
>would not add a fifth fucking Mother stage
He already has a stage, New Pork City

>people lapping it up as if it were the best thing ever
God damn it I hate these people. That moveset sucks so god damn much and everyone is just eating it up because it’s drawn well.

Attached: 69A944AC-AB61-4A32-81A2-21C3FE73AC3F.jpg (1242x1375, 741K)

I honestly think a Mother trilogy will eventually release and Itoi will maybe “retell” Mother 3 in a way. I don’t think he was ever happy with it, and talked about how it originally had multiple endings and much. Will never happen but if we got anything Mother I think it would be along those lines

>Porky has a stage
Remember how characters in the fighters pass have to come with a stage?

>source: my ass
What about Porky in Smash 4? What about Lucas being a DLC for Smash 4 despite most of Brawl's exclusive cast being excluded? Why are there so many assist trophies of games that haven't had a release in forever? What the fuck are you even talking about? You're just making shit up.

thank god he has this 100 floor tower huh

The stage doesn’t necessarily have to be for the character. While I think the whole “limiting how many stages a series can have” thing is already a silly arbitrary rule, whose to say they wouldn’t use the opportunity to bring back Pokefloats or some shit. In all honesty though if he came with a stage it would be Hall if Memories.

No what I mean is like, he already has new pork city. Why would they add another stage (which would be a fifth fucking Mother stage)

He doesn’t have to be fighter pass DLC. Regardless, there’s still tons of iconic places to choose from.

Attached: Porky in smash.png (1048x982, 1.35M)

It drives me crazy that so many retards think has to be apart of fighters pass, as if Smash is only allowed to have 5 new DLC characters

Well if there were more characters it would likely be part of a second fighter pass that would entail the same rules. I guess it’s ‘possible’ for them to release another free DLC character like Piranha Plant but it’s silly to think that it’s likely

I really don't get people who argue against these types of speculation. I think half the people here are just arguing for the sake of it. It's totally valid to think that a Nintendo villain might get a spot. It's not a big fucking deal. Even self-admitted Mother fans ITT are typing thesis long paragraphs, jumping through hoops in hopes that he doesn't get added, just to win the argument. It's fucking weird.

what ever happened to that guy making that /ss/ model of kumatora?

>misinterpreting what reggie said
this is how you disregard retards posts

Attached: Hinawa_.jpg (221x671, 55K)

The hall of memories really got to me. Made me realize that Porky wanted to be with his only friend after all this time.

What rules? People misconstrue what Reggie said into thinking it means only 3rd parties which is not accurate. And there are no rules. They can just say "Fuck it" and release him as DLC for 7 bucks or whatever because they can. There is no stringent path that they're forced to follow just because fans are projecting it onto them.

idiots ITT think the fighters pass choices are made purely for sales and so we'll see steve and sans faster than we'll see any nintendo reps

The stage doesn't necessary have to be Porky's stage, but a Mother stage, like for example Saturn's Valley.
But if it have to be Porky's stage, it could be:
Devil's Machine
Cave of the Past
Porky's tower

Attached: DzKIXSxVYAAwsV32.jpg (2048x1411, 570K)

Welcome to Yea Forums

You’re being a little autistic about this. People keep misquoting Reggie, but Nintendo has already shown us their DLC plan. They’re going to stick to it, we didn’t place those rules on them THEY did. You’re not making any sense

Oh shit please be Devil machine
>Giygas stage boss

Attached: A0E27531-68F5-48EE-A8CA-302D8DDE5A94.jpg (600x598, 42K)

Thing is it literally doesn't have to be apart of fighters pass. They could just say "Hey, we're putting together a second set of DLCs, this time it's exclusively deep-cut Nintendo characters!" or some shit. People think that everything is so linear, like Nintendo wouldn't just make shit up to sell a few DLCs just because they can

Why did the devil’s machine have a reflection of Ness if Ness was a robot at that point?

this is probably likely desu because they found 30 open slots for fighters in the CSS
not saying we'll get 30 DLC fighters, but it means we could get more than 6

Maybe it wasn't actually Ness but Ninten?
Or maybe Giygas was looking at Porky's mind and show what he was thinking, and since Porky have a weird thing with Ness...

>Nintendo showed us their DLC plan
Where? I keep seeing these claims, can you actually prove this? And the point was that it doesn't even HAVE to be apart of Fighter's Pass. They're selling Piranha Plant right now as DLC. That alone already subverts this idea that their DLC plans are as stringent as people are making them out to be.

Maybe it was projecting what the apple of enlightenment showed? It always confused me, although I guess it’s not supposed to be clear

>one of the most overrated "franchises" in history
>hasn't had a new game since 2006
>already has two reps
>implying it's getting a third
That would be the most retarded thing Sakurai has ever done.

Attached: 1549242781158.jpg (805x714, 63K)

Oh look, a retard

Attached: 41D99B35-5F7B-441E-886C-3FBA07A42DD5.jpg (817x891, 73K)

>overrated
either it sold like shit or it's overrated
pick one, and only one

why are rosterfags like this

Yeah, you are right, I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't ever add weird irrelevant characters like R.O.B., Game and Watch or a Piranha Plant.

You mean this?
I'm trying to remodel the head so she doesn't look like a potato, but I'm not too sure how to go about it
I might just remake the head from scratch

>taking the obvious bait

yes thanks user, you are doing gods work

Attached: kumaxlucas.jpg (320x335, 31K)

OP, I honestly love this idea.

> Piranha Plant
> Irrelevant
Sakurai literally said he choose it because it was well known

They announced Piranha Plant ahead of time. They literally explained everything in the Smash direct, showed their DLC plan, said each fighter comes with music and a stage and that’s a fact.

Nice

Attached: 1548094311725.png (4073x3962, 1.03M)

Okay, this is epic

Stop dodging the point where I said it doesn't have to be the Fighter's Pass, like Piranha Plant wasn't.

Fuck why did it get deleted?

jannies gonna jannie

Are you mentally deficient? They announced Piranha Plant BEFORE the Fighters Pass announcement. They used him as a preorder bonus and said that he would cost money afterwards to get people to buy the game when it comes out.

Facts:

- Mother 3 is coming to Switch, localized worldwide
- Porky is coming to Smash

- Persona 5 is coming to Switch
- Joker is coming to Smash

- Ace Attorney Trilogy, and a new game, is coming to Switch
- Phoenix Wright is coming to Smash

Attached: 1545632616652.jpg (351x339, 189K)

Attached: 1545696001384.png (467x639, 35K)

I want to believe

Fighters pass probably isn’t the entirety of the DLC fighters they’ll put out

>Ace Attorney Trilogy, and a new game, is coming to Switch
Please dont inspire the art off of the shitty port on hd consoles dear god no
if anyone should get in its not phoenix its him, pal

Attached: 1219836129864.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

How retarded do you have to be that the Fighter's Pass is the only possible DLC left? Are you so fucking stupid that you just straight up believe everything Nintendo tells you? Like they wouldn't just put some random DLC out tomorrow if they could just to make a few bucks? They'll put in whoever the fuck they want, whether it's related to Fighter's Pass or not.

This might actually be the most ridiculous thing I’ve read all week. Listen, I want Porky in but the mental gymnastics you are trying to pull off is absolutely stunning

Threads like these makes me happy that my favorite character is in, imagine finally being free from rosterfaggotry and dumb speculations.

Attached: DkaTtSQXcAASU7s.jpg (400x329, 35K)

>Fighter's Pass ends
>"that's everything, don't expect us to ask you for your money again"
You can't actually believe this

I literally never said this. A second fighter pass or something else is pretty likely I think, but expecting there to be a random DLC character this year that isn’t a part of the fighter pass currently going on is absurd. You can’t actuallt believe that

Reposting:
>E3 cinematic trailer
>Ness and Lucas wandering through a sunflower field together
>Ness spots a cave by the edge of a cliff
>drawn in by childish laughter, they decide to the investigate
>On the cavebed is an object Lucas instantly recognizes in fear: The Absolutely Safe Capsule
>youtube.com/watch?v=7Fy7KD0_Vj4
>Ness offers Lucas a comforting hand and goes to press his face against the window
>It's empty.
>Porky drops from the ceiling in his Earthbound look and mecha, rolling into them at lightning speeds
>"PORKY MEANS BUSINESS!"
>youtube.com/watch?v=3WECMEaoS8o
>gameplay montage with Porky beating up a myriad of

And just to hit this thing home:
>jump cut, Porky's on the losing side as his spider mech starts to break down and spark
>he frantically types in a series of commands in his cockpit console before jumping to the back of the cave
>an eerie blood-red glow emits from behind the Pig King, illuminating the cavern as machines whir and grind all around them
>Ness looks on in horror as he finally recognizes The Cave from so long ago
>The Devil's Machine
>lights flicker and die down, with only a soft pulse from the center pod next to Porky
>youtube.com/watch?v=kbGSIAxDrLo
>the glass shatters, and a singular being emerges from the wreckage, roaring in awe at its newly-reformed body
>"GIYGAS STRIKES BACK!"

y/n?

Attached: tumblr_ohkxl1exFH1snh5ooo1_r1_1280.jpg (1198x1920, 649K)

>"GIYGAS STRIKES BACK!"
Did you not watch the mewtwo trailer or what

>>it’s empty

Attached: 7BA2128F-2DDD-4A44-9C81-D4C0B74EF9B3.jpg (1080x1042, 129K)

Fuck, man... it’s painful to know that’ll never happen

>myriad of
foes. myriad of foes.

Attached: tumblr_of2ffnMku61snh5ooo9_r1_1280.jpg (1000x774, 200K)

Giygas Strikes Back is literally how Earthbound is called, search it in google.

>Hey everyone, Mother is celebrating its 30 year anniversary! Take this secret DLC we've been working on
Of course that's probably not gonna happen but the point is Nintendo could concoct whatever story they'd want and nothing prohibits them from doing so. People have been really one-track-minded with this Fighter's Pass thing they ignore that there are no "rules" for DLC. They put in and work on who they want, when they want. They've never stated "we're only working on this and this alone"

>gets cucked out of your design
>gets cucked out of your tagline
being giyig is suffering

I know that the line is a reference to Earthbound you fuckwit, I'm telling you we already had that fighter intro for mewtwo. I suppose it doesn'tmayter anyways, there's no way we will have Mewtwo AND Giygas in the same game.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJtATiyM2go

Attached: 1549094069225.png (700x700, 551K)

30th anniversary spirit event is bound to happen and when it does I won’t be surprised if Porky or Giygas end up being added

>Link and Cloud are ganging up on Ganondorf, who has kidnapped Zelda
>They quickly cut him down, Zelda laughs and waves at them as they approach
>just as they reach her pic related plummets from above with a downward thrust
>"GAME!"
"Sephiroth drops in!" youtu.be/t7wJ8pE2qKU blares in the background/spoiler]

Attached: 100.png (750x650, 252K)

>literally invincible
>Get defeated by a song
>comeback, now without emotions
>Get defeated by a girl praying
>Dies

Attached: a1594874194_10.jpg (1000x1000, 157K)

Attached: 1549683006735.jpg (1360x768, 124K)

I mean nothing’s impossible, but you have absolutely no reason to believe that. Nintendo has never done anything like that in the past. Like I said, there’s always a chance and we really don’t always know what they are planning, but this is a stretch.

tell my about Greyface, why does he wear the mask?

The point is more to what Nintendo is capable of which people seem to be overlooking because of preconceptions regarding Fighter's Pass. But it still just feels odd that Porky has zero representation in this game despite the consistent track record since Brawl

Just finished Mother 3 twenty minutes ago. Glad I understand this pic and can finally enter Porky threads without fearing spoilers

Because Mother has great locations that make for good, colorful stages???

Fuuuuuck, why doesn't a girl like Kumatora exist?

Attached: 1547246830723.gif (404x347, 1003K)

maybe there is and you just haven't met her yet

Attached: 2970436 - EarthBound Kumatora Mother_3 Yaglon.jpg (400x1200, 75K)

>It's empty.

Attached: 33tr0cj.jpg (481x360, 13K)

Or maybe you have met her, you were just too afraid to approach, and now she's with me.

Attached: violence.jpg (500x377, 65K)

YEAR
OF
THE
PIG

Attached: masterpokey.png (260x200, 10K)

This actually gave me chills

Based

Attached: m3spoilers_we__re_gonna_die____by_garlar.jpg (800x695, 149K)

youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZooBJfaMw

it would be fucking truly based if Reggie finally gave us Mother 3 as a parting gift

one can fucking dream

Attached: baby.png (1633x899, 1.89M)

Attached: 36d8a5148f607b94637f357ede59c778.png (480x640, 400K)

- DOOM Eternal coming to switch on launch
- Doomguy is coming to smash?

Attached: b45.jpg (1017x786, 140K)

Attached: 1524929322464.jpg (287x250, 12K)

Porky would be awesome, but I still want Masked Man in.
Or some kind of duo fighter would be great.

Masked Man is great and all, but we've had enough of fucking swordsmen already

This
I'd love to see the masked man in, But a fast swordsman with projectiles and probably a good recovery is the last thing smash needs

Attached: 1535039712119.jpg (850x602, 202K)

I seriously don't understand why people want this faggot so badly

how would you even make a moveset for a giant spider mech?

>tfw it's too good to be true

Attached: 1549741592155.jpg (842x944, 111K)

It's actually a tad bit sad that this will never happen.

Attached: 1446764963239.jpg (960x720, 60K)

>how would you even make a moveset
This shit is so tiring
>giant spider mech
How the fuck would you not want to see that implemented?

>How the fuck would you not want to see that implemented?
because it's not feasible

You have not imagination

the mech has three legs
two legs move around
the third acts as a sword
his down b is a counter
you're welcome

Some literal nobody brainstormed a moveset here . Sakurai made a potted plant a fighter with a full fledged moveset. Wario makes motorcycles appear out of nowhere. Moveset is no longer a valid argument when it comes to Smash because time and time again it's not an issue.

Neither is a Fleshlight in a pot, yet here we are

Attached: wsT6PLznzEoCc8oTqq56w3.0.jpg (1200x800, 132K)

I honestly think you're a retard if you unironically think the rest of the DLC isn't just going to be popular third parties.

I honestly think you're a retard if you post stupid shit without reading the other posts in the thread that address exactly what you said

Attached: 1534207778708.jpg (2976x4175, 3M)

that smile

Attached: DzJAEAWUcAAnIP1.jpg (349x360, 19K)

How did you react to that whole ending part with Claus?

>smash update announcement ends
>porkys theme starts playing quietly as static appears
>porky thinks smash is distracting you from his “handsome amazing face” and puts himself in the game and hacks the website and ads propaganda and his own opinion about everysingle fighter
>mother 3 announced at end of direct

that everything

Attached: cute!!!!.jpg (1177x1200, 105K)

He’d have to come with a stage, and they’re not giving us a fucking 5th Mother stage. I’m serious, this is solid proof that Porky is not an option

>Porky hacks the Nintendo direct
>overlay replaced with pic related
youtube.com/watch?v=X-aPW1d5IZg
>yfw

Attached: pork_army_large.png (397x391, 44K)

My move set has porkys side b send out masked man forwards (like zeldas weird knight thing) while he rockets backwards away from the masked man

>We aren't getting Kamui, there's no way they're giving us a fucking 6th FE character for DLC.

Sounds like something porky would do

>You are actually mentally deluded if you think Porky has a chance.
Not really surprising considering Mother fans are all basically libtards from resetera

Fire Emblem is still alive, and was included solely to promote the new game, which they got flack for. I’m just saying your delusional if you think that they’d add yet another Mother stage. Porky isn’t getting in either way, so it doesn’t really matter what you think

Who says it has to be a mother stage? It could be fucking anything. They could bring back pokefloats if they wanted to

You just have to think logically about this user. They’re likely going to be giving us 5 new stages to make up for the lack of new stages in Ultimate. The stages are almost assuredly going to be tied to each fighter.

What about Piranha Plant?

Please try not to out yourself as retarded. Piranha Plant isn’t a part of the Fighter Pass

Attached: 35915BA7-1E8E-4635-82D6-06C7B35DD15D.jpg (284x177, 9K)

They did a good job making a moveset for the Koopa Clown Car

Porky has almost no sales draw for people to pay for him as DLC. If by some anomaly he gets in, it’ll be a PP situation and separate from the pass

They actually fixed the issue with the Masked Man spirit in 2.0. It's not fan art anymore.

>”””fan art”””

But it's the empty sprite

Corrin sold like shit tho

>emphasizes on villains

oh fuck off, no it doesn't. Quit trying to find patterns where they don't exist

but that does not make it better. they still did it, period

Of course not, dumbass.

at least its not "bein' friend"

Attached: 09a0190166b3ba7aa054caf07ca1622a--awesome-games-bad-azz.jpg (600x691, 53K)

Oh, absolutely. But at least someone noticed eventually. Considering it's the spirit you get for completing World of Light, it's odd they didn't notice it sooner.
This one's still sad though.

There gonna do extra bosses in a DLC update. I guarantee it.

Porky > Giygas
Ayy lmaos > Pigmasks

Prove me wrong

Attached: earthbound town.png (1024x640, 518K)

Nah you're right

why are people so quick to dismiss all the love for mother in smash, sure its a long finished series but saying shit like 'they just forgot porky' or 'he isn't relevant anymore' is outright denial
>all the new effects in ness and lucas's attacks to reference their attacks in the original games
>having poo and kumatora in their final smashes to keep things slightly more canon/ as extra fanservice
>introducing the rambling evil mushroom as an item out of nowhere
>2 new remixes on top of all the past ones
>all those spirits and spirit battles
>really absurd details like
>hurr they just forgot about one of the main antagonists in 2 games out of the trilogy that also happened to be a 2 phase boss in brawl and got an entire stage for himself
he's coming back, could be a boss battle, could be a spirit, could be a character, could be a fucking mii costume for all I know but he's coming back

Attached: 1451530157702.png (480x640, 258K)

Without question.

Mother 2's pacing was also better, and Mother 2's pacing was intentionally strange at several different spots in the game. It did them really well.

What did the fan art one look like?

It may make me sound optimistic but character is the only one that sounds reasonable to me. If he was supposed to be a spirit or boss, I don't know why he wouldn't just already be in the base game. They brought back Galleom and most of the other bosses are referenced in some way or another, either by sprites or something else. It just makes little sense to me.

It's an incredibly tiny difference. Here's the sauce too: twitter.com/RandomTBush/status/1072855092888551426

Attached: DuOLxKaW4AENbMJ.jpg (956x636, 151K)

maybe they just ignored him because he comes from an irrelevant, dead franchise

I am so ready for the meltdown that will happen when he gets in

If you actually think this, you were dropped on your head as a child

Explain your stage reasoning to me, since going off your logic, Mother shouldn't have gotten 2 stages in Melee.
Onett, Fourside, Magicant and New Pork are all stages from past games in Smash, Mother hasn't gotten a new stage in Smash yet and there are still a vast number of places from the series that can be utilized as well as music. The Ramblin' Evil Shroom, the Mother boys' party members showing up in the Final Smashes, on top of the visual overhaul all their attacks have gotten prove the staff working on Ultimate clearly has love for the series and would likely jump at the chance to make an original Mother stage, so I don;t see any reason why a stage would be enough to hold back Porky.

I still don't think he's likely by any means, but this logic is just dogshit terrible. His absence as a boss and spirit is worth discussing and he has a legitimate shot.

Literally this. The logic behind saying “A 5th Mother stage just can’t happen” is flawed. There is no metric to determine how much is “too much” for a series. The same exact thing could have been said if the series had 3 stages, he would still be saying “there’s no way Mother is getting a fourth fucking stage”. Porky is in NO way likely, and I hope none of the people in this thread think that he is, but the stuff pointing towards the character and how interesting he would be in Smash is 100% worth talking about.

The only reason you can even talk about it is because of a fan translation, that came out about a decade ago, which was the last game in the series. If that isnt dead then I dont know what is to you man.

Okay, actually, flipping them back and forth there are a few more differences, but still nothing super noticeable. I assume the fan artist took a screenshot from a GBA emulator and it warped the sprite a bit, before adding his own pixels.

Attached: MaskedMan.gif (344x428, 17K)

So maybe Pokey won't be part of the pass, either. It's not impossible.

I’m not saying the series isn’t dead, but saying
>T-THEY JUST FORGOT ABOUT HIM
is downright delusional. He was a fucking boss in the series, has had multiple trophies in every game since and has his own fucking stage. I’m not saying he’s a character, he could be added as a spirit or a boss later or maybe nothing at all, but they didn’t just “forget” about the main villain of the franchise while adding silly spirits like “Ness’ dad”

>Xenoblade

Someday

Attached: malos.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

Too bad he's in.

Attached: youretard.png (682x548, 286K)

Are you retarded? They did a showcase of the villains in the K.Rool trailer.

Attached: NvS3Hb3.jpg (2560x1440, 352K)

based Geno poster

They fixed that too.

How do you mess up so bad on the spirit you get for beating world of light holy shit.

>lol
>Nice meme
Fire Emblem is objectively more relevant than Mother

>Has been around for longer
>Aside from the Tellius duology, Thracia and PROBABLY Echoes, every FE has outsold every Mother game, including the shitty spin-off everyone hates (Warriors)
>The mobile game has been played by hundreds of thounsad of people and has a revenoue of 500 million dollars and counting
>Has more merchandise
>Has it´s own card game (Cypher)
>It´s still ongoing

You can prefer whichever series you want, but anyone who says Mother is more relevant than FE (SPECIALLY now) is either willingly lying or just retarded.

Nice to see that this thread is still kicking

ikr? been following it the whole night, it's quite amusing

2 announcements for you all:
>1: I want to smash.
>2: FUCK THE FEDERATION

Attached: TheFederationFuckingSucks.png (1200x1179, 435K)

Attached: 1536470367635.png (671x989, 525K)

Such a good design. Too bad there’s a chance he may be scrapped from prime 4

Attached: 7F6F4B37-F561-4949-ADA4-511D2F585831.png (1358x556, 48K)

No one is saying Mother is more relevant than FE you unbelievable faggot. People are calling you out on how silly it is to ask for more FE characters when everyone is tired of them. Do all FE fags get this defensive about their shit franchise?

That's possible, but given the ending of Prime 3, I don't think Retro is going to just forget about Sylux like Nintendo hasn't been hinting at him being a big bad for a while.

Attached: QuestionTheFederation.jpg (650x400, 78K)