I want those days back

I want those days back

Attached: 1546261795496.jpg (1600x900, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vGF-f3arb04&t=79s
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_JVEXDrJYg
youtube.com/watch?v=6RO7K4W-c9g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GXVXYl3_8c
help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect
youtube.com/watch?v=m6ugFcwsgpE
youtube.com/watch?v=VQRiO1ihcQA&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=NcrDWAuyqtc
youtube.com/watch?v=gISlB1IdUjI
youtube.com/watch?v=R_NAoNd4YyY
youtube.com/watch?v=P5GHQNnPUuo
youtube.com/watch?v=KIW9Dc-ZfnU
masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Temporaryeditor78/squadmate-mission_matchups_for_maximum_dialogue_immersion
youtube.com/watch?v=3GXVXYl3_8c&t=658s
youtube.com/watch?v=OKs7IKWMBJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Establishing secure connection.. secure connection confirmed

Please login to access your profile....sending...WARNING data corruption detected

I HEARD IT

Attached: 3187928-FAYNKYJA-6.jpg (375x375, 15K)

>no krogan romance

Attached: 1543858783226.gif (500x281, 806K)

When did you realize 1 was actually better than 2?

Attached: 1483533860284s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Those days of terrible combat?

combat a shit, level design a shit, muh cinematic experience a shit, rpg elements only affects how tight is your scope, cringelord dialogues, the only good thing about it is the feeling of EXPLORATION and how MASSIVELY VAST galaxy is, and that was achieved by mistake and lazy level designing

Mass Effect is 12 years old.
youtube.com/watch?v=vGF-f3arb04&t=79s

>achieved by mistake and lazy level designing

harsh but true

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_JVEXDrJYg

I was so giddy playing ME1 at launch, it really captured what Bioware does best and it evoked KOTOR so much in its game design. Unbelievable where Bioware is at now. I've been attempting Anthem's main story and as shit as it is, as lazy and uninspired and bad as it is, it just makes me sad. Anthem's campaign is jarring and sluggish and totally disjointed and just has none of the magic to it. I used to wonder about where gaming would be years after ME1, because playing it on my brand new 360 felt like I was truly in the next generation of gaming. Something like RDR2 would have blown my mind but honestly there hasn't been anything else this gen that's felt like it was delivering on promises made generations ago.

no

Attached: 1519367057869.jpg (250x221, 10K)

Stop.

Attached: 1530544084595.jpg (640x603, 44K)

When I was playing 2 for the first time and heard "this pistol doesn't have a thermal clip."

Is Mass Effect 1 and 2 the last games they gave a shit about? You could already see Bioware cracking during ME2, and ME3 was a fucking cheap facsimile of what it could have been.

"Video cannot be played. Playback on other websites has been disabled by video owner"

Wtf is this fresh hell?

ME3 combat and gunplay is vastly better than both of the previous games. level design was better as well. choice of weapons. me2 is the worst game out of the trilogy. me3 would've been fine if it wasn't written by a committee of impotent imbeciles.

Mako was only good in main missions. All of the sidemission shit was boring copy pasted tech demo shit.

move on you retarded frog

youtube.com/watch?v=6RO7K4W-c9g
To this day, I'm baffled why Advent Rising and Mass Effect are the only non-Star Wars "space opera" games that exists (and maybe Halo as well). Yes, there are a shitton of space based RPG/tactic/4X/trading games, but these two are the only RPG/action games with a proper sci-fi setting.

It's fucking insane, really. Sci-fi is a fucking limitless genre, filled to the brim with one mindblowing opportunities.

Give me a fucking game based around an O'Neil Cilinder, a Dyson Swarm, a fucking Matrioska Brain, a shellworld, and Alderson disk, FUCKING ANYTHING. I JUST WANT A FUCKING SCI-FI GAME.

Attached: BAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (640x509, 47K)

its still a damn shame where the series went because i generally liked the worldbulding of the series.
the type of aliens they had were pretty cool.

that was the thing that made ass effect so successful. the niche was empty, and it's still fucking empty.

12 years was 2007 ago

Attached: 1522569510302.png (500x286, 135K)

Same, I honestly stopped caring about reapers after/during ME2, just wanted to fuck around in the Galaxy, explore Terminus worlds.

i miss it

Attached: 1578532892511.jpg (511x518, 46K)

>Frogposting.
Cringe.

Attached: 1446763760796.jpg (511x559, 73K)

Why must you toying with my feelings like that?

I couldn't find anything else to portrait the feeling. I'm not proud of it.

It was when the starting cutscene of the 2 ended

What do Zoomers see out of this incredibly boring and generic series? I legitimantly can't think of any memorable thing from this game apart from the cuddlefish robot voice sounding cool, which isn't really that hard to accomplish because tactical droids and super tactical droid voices exist.

Attached: 1539588989363.png (598x466, 143K)

Attached: 1536471922018.gif (267x200, 715K)

>What do Zoomers see out of this incredibly boring and generic series?
So ironic you outed yourself.

When ME2 opened up from sidetracking you into irrelevant side plot by killing and resurrecting you.

Has there ever been a company that destroyed something so beautiful, like BioWare did with Mass Effect?

leng should've been the protagonist of the 3rd game. and jack or zaeed in the 2nd. no reapers, little shepard cameos maybe. but that's it. different stories, not a fucking continuation.

>wake up
>put clothes on
>head downstairs to make some breakfast
>find out all the cereal is gone
>mfw

Attached: Captain_Anderson.png (934x900, 1M)

They did the same with Dragon Age.

>Ramming Geth walkers and laughing as they try to get back onto their feet
>Using biotic lift power on enemies as they charge at you
>Upgrading your shotgun with the ammo that makes it overheat to create a one shot insta kill weapon and laugh as you absolutely fuck over one guy beyond recognition while making yourself helpless
>Finally managing to flip the mako
What a wild, janky, ride. Way more soul than the streamlined committee approved ME2.

I recently replayed the original Mass Effect and found it to be quite bland, especially the terrible side missions. Funnily I used to love the game, now I give it a 6/10.

I like Dragon Age, but Mass Effect was truly unique. We just don’t get big space opera rpgs. We’ll never see anything like it again.

>Follow Dragon Age development for years
>They promised a massive open world rpg with huge sprawling battles
>Instead we get BG lite with fantasy racism and homosexual elves

This.
I didn't even finish 2. As soon as I heard the word clip I was already considering bailing. By the time I got the scanning minigame for resources I was fuckin done. Never finished 2. Never even touched 3.

You can with cyberpunk soon :)

Came out in 2007 zoomer trash, nostalgia fagging over this garbage series infact makes you a zoomer.

You wanted female xir/xer-developers. Now live with the mess.

At least I manage to finish ME3, because Rannoch and Tunchanka were fine. But DA:I was so boring, it sucked the joy out of me .

im not the only one! thank god. i knew it was all downhill with certainty after seeing the “skill tree” in ME2. the thermal clip was a solid warning.

Attached: B606BAFF-30DE-48E5-9FCB-84F0E0379C76.png (635x473, 223K)

hello /k/

Attached: clip-versus-magazine-300x264.png (300x264, 71K)

>tfw you wasted your life

Attached: 1548326556636.png (580x548, 293K)

I was 17 when I played it the first time.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GXVXYl3_8c

reinstalling it now

Attached: QoSnR.jpg (1680x1050, 158K)

>series

this thread is about ME1 and it's seemly vast potential friendo

2 was so fucking bad. What were they thinking?

Finally getting spectre class weapons allowed you do some pretty wild stuff remember getting the rifle throwing on the best heat sink mods and never have to let the fire button go. Which made the whole heat clip design make even less since.

Call Of Duty audience.

When I met Jacob.

Punch the thot reporter for us all

Literally the entire time. I dropped 2 halfway in and never touched three. I'm shocked that a series with only one good game is still remembered so fondly.

ME2 is fun you queers

I do enjoy 1 and 2 a lot. Still would pick 1 at the end of the day.

I need to replay them again to truly decide on which one is not only a favorite but to see if ME2is one of my top 5 games. The overarching story to ME1 was the best, but ME2 brought more atmosphere and the Loyalty missions were really good. Honestly ME2 would have been like a 98/100 for me if it wasn't for that really lackluster ending. First half of the suicide mission was pitch perfect but then they really realllly dropped the ball.
>human reaper
>muh ancient alien revenge
>stupid cliffhanger ending showing all the reapers coming to Earth cause they mad
ME3 was a mixed bag. Some of it was great some of it was lackluster. That Liara final scene though. heart wrenching honestly.

I generally want it to be pre-2010 again but ME shit would make it even better. I had trouble finding games I genuiely enjoy for a long time now. Still play stuff but I usually lack the motivation to finish anything.

It would have been fun on it's own, but it's a terrible sequel.

Attached: 1550434976537.jpg (750x736, 39K)

Attached: 254623152.jpg (1233x719, 200K)

>tfw no turian romance irl

Is it practically impossible to play the ME1 DLC now?

its gone user, like your youth
do you have a wife and kid?

You can download it for free from EA's site, even Pinnacle station.

Attached: 1408545518634.jpg (1600x900, 314K)

When I got to the second round of recruitment missions in 2 and realized this wasn't one of BioWare's overly long prologues, this was the meat and potatoes of the game.

>do you have a wife and kid?

Attached: 1320898536143.png (601x695, 9K)

That track was so simple but I loved it so much. It's crazy but it hurts me so much that I will never be able to do the stuff I love the most. I will never travel through space, never meet and talk with aliens, never explore foreign planets and cultures, never fight some universal evil together with my bros. Till the end of my days I will be doomed with some irrelevant boring ass job and talking about even more boring topics with other people while pretending to care.

do you think im not fuccking trying?? fuck you college has ruined me, why didnt i just go to a trade school for welding

Attached: 1549133151350.jpg (556x713, 44K)

scanning minigame is better than mako levels.

The pinnacle station download works but bring down the sky is broken, you have to look on the EA support forum where some german dude uploaded a version of it there.

Attached: 1426945174593.gif (400x267, 152K)

Nah, my wife died and I don't think I'll ever really love again.

I just now realized they got the idea of this species from HK-47

Right now I'm just trying to keep my head above the water.

Attached: goddamnit.jpg (650x366, 56K)

no

the origin version comes with it pre-installed.

>newer

I honestly don't even want that. I don't get how kids work and kinda hate them and it's impossible for me to get a crush on anyone. Maybe some sort of illness or asexuality I don't know, but it just never happened that I got interested in anyone.

>i enjoy bouncing around on randomly generated mountain terrain to find useless collectibles and copy/pasted dungeons in the worst handling vehi9cle in all video games

>origin version
I am set in my ways I'm sticking to steam and those EA cocksuckers can sitt and spin. Why couldn't they just release the DLC on Steam

Attached: 1549162231724.jpg (563x319, 27K)

Yeah, so it's saying something real damning that the scanning minigame is even worse than that.

They didn't even release part 3 on steam.

The moment it gave me control over Shepard, picked up a pistol, and had to reload/look for ammo ((((((((((thermal clips))))))))))

That was the moment Mass Effect went from grandiose space opera to generic third person shooter

Fuck ME2

Nigger read the responses, people are trying to help you out.
help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect

The only people who thought this were PS3 cucks who never played the original. Plus zoomers. Probably.

Bioware stopped being good after baldur's gate.

Attached: ME2Game 2019-01-26 23-04-52-52.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

Yes, I enjoy playing a game vs. playing a boring mini-game.
The Mako's driving, by itself, is more involved and entertaining than the drone scanning. I like ME2, but that is certainly not improvement over ME1.

OH NO NO NO NO

I JUST WANT MORE SPACE OPERA RPG'S, I'M SICK OF BR's, MOBA's, MMO's. I JUST WANT A NICE WORLD TO EXPLORE, MEET COMPANIONS AND ENJOY SOME ESCAPISM.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIND!

Attached: 1502324304188.png (381x354, 251K)

I miss old Bioware RPGs, you guys.

Attached: 47 okay.png (435x423, 235K)

th-thanks

Attached: 1546686441748.gif (320x240, 790K)

I want a good Star Trek, too. But the last few attempts were awful. ME1 is the Next Generation of Treks.

if the mako or the mako levels were well designed i would agree with you but they handle like ass and all that matters is whether or not you feel like spending five minutes driving through randomly generated spike terrain and slowly climbing up mountains like a bethesda game for some collectible or a few credits.

I never play female characters, but I never could get over how shitty Femshep ended up looking in game compared to the concept art that won the contest.

So if what they say was true and they'd do new ME games, what would you want to see and have?
I would personally prefer what said, among other things. There is just so much stuff and so many characters and species you could explore or get to know that a few non-direct-sequel games would provide a lot of more stuff.
I personally always loved Saren as enemy the most and felt like ME should have "ended" with that first part and that the other parts would take place later, have cameos and such but ultimately a different problem, not reapers for three games.
If there were more games I also wish that I could play a non-human in one of them, just to get a different PoV and see a different homeworld.

Because dumb kids + lootboxes = money.

Wake up
See the Anthem shitstorm
Poor sales, Bad reviews
EA most likely gonna kill Bioware
mfw I'll never get another Mass Effect game
mfw no Mass Effects clones

Attached: mike sad.jpg (1024x774, 51K)

No, why would I do that? I love kids but with the way the planet's currently going, I wouldn't want someone to suffer on this soon to be god forsaken hellscape. I also haven't loved since my one and only gf of 4 years cheated on me with a friend.

I'm destined to die alone, and I've come to terms with that.

Attached: 1522098671216.jpg (807x659, 42K)

The last dew series and movies have been awful too, if that's any consolation.

Yea Forums was fucking cancer back then, all those threads about the sand niq alien with the veil.

THIS
Damn. I need this so much in my life. Also, regarding reasons Basically this. Sadly. But those fuckers are the paying big crowd. Fuck them nonetheless.

>if the mako or the mako levels were well designed i would agree
They aren't well designed and the handling is hilarious, but my opinion already takes this into account.

10 minutes after I started playing 2, I never even finished it. biggest disappointment ever, then when i checked Yea Forums it was all just normies talking about how they wanted to fuck the dirty arab alien

Coincidentally I reinstalled Mass Effect not a week ago so I had to find this shit out myself.

Oh okay, thanks didn't know.
I'd rather not use Origin at all but thanks for helping.

>ME2 cucks will defend this

Attached: SCANNING.png (610x343, 330K)

no

Probing Uranus.

Wife yes, kid no.

I honestly miss when I was single though. Marrige is truly only good for women.

Attached: 1491761078609.jpg (960x720, 142K)

Giant reaper LOL

>ME1
>Reapers basically need the Citadel otherwise they're stuck in Dark Space
>Sovereign is fucking around in public because it's well past Wake Up Time and he's getting desperate
>ME2/Arrival
>the Reapers could have turned up basically any time they wanted if they could be bothered to get out of bed
>they could have invaded the galaxy in the two years Shepard was dead
>they could have started invading the moment Sovereign died
>they could have invaded before ME1 even took place because it only takes them 6 months of travel time
>the entire ME1 plot with the Citadel being a gateway and a means to subtly control galactic society didn't need to exist

And that's besides all the other things ME2 does wrong. Has any other sequel shit on its setting as hard as this before?

Attached: 122345.png (586x406, 63K)

Sci-fi doesn't sell as much as Fantasy.

>tfw retarded FDev is literally using this now in Elite Dangerous

I FUCKING hate ME2 so much

Give me a fantasy series as popular as Star Wars.

>tfw you got to experience the link that was XBL after school in 2007-2012
I want to go back

Attached: vwlsi8ctp9721.jpg (1125x1125, 390K)

Glad this series is dead ME was the Skyrim of 2009 every fagget ass journo and game site was jerking this shitty series off back then.

Star Wars is Fantasy with space age technology.

I remember reading an old Official Xbox Magazine issue with an early scoop of Mass Effect which was touted as the next big thing. This was in 2005 I think, so the game was still in early development but there were some screenshots of the early dev build and it looked so damn different than what we got in Mass Effect

Only jedi use swords and magic powers everything else int he setting is pretty standard scifi.

>XBL
As a pc gamer

THE FUCK?

Attached: 1490095934236.png (595x595, 535K)

Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter.

Based thread. Are we ready to admit that
1 > 3 > 2?

Preaching to the choir.

Still find "bimbo-Ash" hot as fuck, tho.

Attached: 1455900176026.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

Isn't ambiguous when the Reapers will show at the end of 2? Unless I am remembering it incorrectly, it was just "We are coming," with no explanation of how or when.
Doesn't only ME3 establish this?

>>ME2/Arrival
Did Arrival add that shit or was it in base ME2? Honestly I don't remember much about reapers besides Arrival. Reaper story should have ended with ME1.

Arrival DLC shows them, well, arriving

I remember coming home from high school and playing Mass Effect the whole day. Man those were the times.

It's all there for the fantastical element though, very little science or reason behind it because it's there for the spectacle, nothing else.
Putting things very simply, sci-fi is very speculative and full of "what ifs" while Star Wars is just a more traditional fantasy adventures but with spaceships and laser guns.

Not quite. The shadowbroker DLC was pretty good. The actual settings/set pieces were mainly good. In fact, I'd say the Reaper IFF mission was one of the best missions of all the Mass Effects. The music and atmosphere on that mission was on par with some of the creepy shit in the first game. There aren't enough quality moments in 3 to beat 2. But I see your point.

>Arrival DLC
The fuck, guess I never played that or ever saw any footage of it.

2 ends with them waking up and starting to move towards the galaxy, then Arrival clarifies that they have a backup "Alpha Relay" on the edge of galactic space that connects to all over Relays, making the Citadel almost entirely pointless

And then right at the start of 3 they invade and it's only been six months since ME2

i actually mine everything and fuck no i wont defend it

None of them are nearly as popular as Star Wars

The Precursors user, it's a janky russian rpg-scif, give it a shot.

Then I guess they fucked it up at the end in ME2/Arrival. It still had some nice side missions and I think that series should have focused on that - Specter adventures.

>I wouldn't want someone to suffer on this soon to be god forsaken hellscape

This is the best society humanity has ever created. Your child is the least likely to experience undue suffering out of almost every child in the entirety of human history. All of your ancestors had the bravery to offer their children to the world and give them a chance to become responsible for themselves and others. Even if things get a little worse, you have to operate with some kind of axiomatic faith that life is worth living: that things can be made better or even good. Anything else is nihilistic cynicism attempting to disguise cowardice as wisdom. Why don't you just kill yourself now if life is so pointless that you wouldn't want to inflict it on a child?

If you think a kid shouldn't have to handle it then you should reflect on the arrogance of that judgement compared to the courage of every person who came before you. And if you instead think life isn't worth living then why are you still alive? If you have a good reason to live, then why isn't it good enough for the next generation? If your only reason is that you're too afraid to kill yourself then you need to fix the broken person you'be become. Nothing else could be more important. Your actions matter. Why don't you try and fix the pit of despair you've fallen into? Maybe then the world will be fit for a new generation.

Star Wars is worth 27 billion, Harry Potter is worth 25. That's pretty damn close.

Im right here with you fren, can relate

Attached: 1526310884708.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>Massachusetts
>Eff CT

yikes and NPCpilled

Attached: 1532887359476.jpg (1597x1939, 159K)

>compared to the concept art that won the contest.
Are you referring to the beautiful blonde model that got retconned for a ginger tranny?

Paragon or Renegade Garrus?

Attached: MassEffect 2019-01-26 18-27-25-31.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

You're a dummy

He'a renegade through and through so you know he doesn't care.

you're naive and shallow
now what?

When I found out what you say to Garrus in the first has no effect and he becomes a nothing personell assassin either way.

>Teach him about patience and the validity of proper procedure
>becomes Space Batman anyway

Thanks again ME2

>femShep
She's gone take that Turian dick, yes?

Actually kill yourself. You live an awful life and all you do is try and bring other people down into your own little version of hell. Stop inflicting your misery on the rest of us.

Strangely Star Trek is never considered "fantasy" despite its tech being even less grounded than stuff in SW with ridiculous borderline magic tech like living holograms, replicators and teleporters.

No. That's your opinion. I don't really believe either of us are naive or shallow.

Yeah I'm going on record and stating that I enjoyed ME2 the most followed by ME3.
ME1 hasn't aged particularly well and it can REALLY drag on especially if you start doing side missions. The music is nice.. at times but other times its just filler atmospheric tracks that get drilled into your head as you walk back and forth on Noveria or Feros or the Citadel. The dialogue is better in ME2 and 3 and presented better as well.
I'll admit the first time going from ME1 to ME2 it was a let down but overtime I realized I had lost the patience for ME1. Yeah thermal clips are dumb and the overreliance on the space bar in ME2 is unfortunate but these are small dripes for me. I don't even bother playing it anymore, I just grab a save from the MEsaves site and go into ME2.

Attached: ownitalt.png (1080x1440, 1.15M)

That that user but you goddamn know it.

That's because Sci-Fi has to do more with theming than aesthetics. In a nutshell, fantasy is generally about upholding a status quo whereas sci-fi is more about questioning or even overturning it

Because Star Trek is speculative fiction

>ME1 hasn't aged particularly well
that's what zoomers say
>The dialogue is better in ME2 and 3 and presented better as well.
you like edgy feminist cuckold shit? I'm starting to get a clearer picture of you, user

It's shit for both it's just that there are way more normalfag women then men. I honestly believe it's simply impossible to be happy living with other people. I have a few good friends and even there they start to annoy me if we are together for a few days. It's not the behavoir that annoys me, it's simply the fact that I need time for myself, even without any specific reason. I need at least 12 hours a day for me only, no talking, no one near me, just me and my hobbies.

>speculative fiction
A fellow scholar.

>nations could be working together to create rockets, robots with perfect AI that recognizes life's flaws are a necessity for healthy humans (tl;dr AI that doesn't genocide humans etc.), and other technology that wasn't though to be possible
>but in reality, most western nations fund pharmas to make unnecessary medications for mental health, which can be solved if nations took the time and effort to actually fix the current state of society
>AI that people are building now is solely to make money and nothing else. Is also being used to silence people to create a literal 1984 country that's happening in the future
>everyday, everyone is mostly bickering at each other over the pettiest of things or because some bipolar faggot had a bad day and took something someone said the wrong way.
>everyone is a narcissist without any self-awareness which is fed by the AI that automatically bans anyone who criticizes this shit behavior, and makes sure the discussion/comments sections are nothing but circle-jerks
>passion and altruistic actions are laughed at or used for selfish manipulative reasons

just WW3 already so nukes can kill everything.

Attached: 1548795638904.png (680x704, 419K)

Which ME characters that weren't romanceable would you want to fuck?

Attached: 1128244.png (450x750, 603K)

why are we here, in this thread?
because we crave meaning, we want to go out there, explore the universe, discover unseen things no one has seen before.
but we are stuck here, forced to slave away to make others more rich while the normal man gets poorer and poorer.
this form of entertainment is all we have got, but this cooperationalism has even managed to take that from us.

and then go further, ask yourself why we havent traveled the stars yet and humanity is prospering in a new age. thats a whole different rabbit hole you cant escape without loathing the earth.

but you are just a simpleton, a cog in the machine. your hostile response proves this because you cant think 2 steps ahead. deep down you know its true, you feel that void inside yourself aswell otherwise you wouldnt have typed I would try to drag others down. you are just afraid and angry at me because I say the truth. I pity you and your simple existence, ignorance is bliss they say, stay ignorant then.

Attached: 1542768628723.jpg (332x332, 32K)

oh my god i hope for your sake that you're only like 13 or something

>tfw you only like ME1 and Andromeda, because both lets you explore large desolate alien words with Mako
ME2 was alright, but I lost all interest in 3

Attached: 1517738221246.jpg (456x628, 22K)

I never managed to go full renegade because something prevents me ever being mean to any Turian in existence. I like to betray humans though.

*worlds

I fucking wish. you are living a lie, and you will wake up to it the hard way.

Attached: 1545450282053.png (672x787, 979K)

Liara is my waifu, but damn, if Benezia was available... At any rate, sad she did not get to see you raising blue little babies with her daughter.

>not threatening the Turian council member with genocide
BRUH

>I want those days back

Fixed it for you.

Attached: 51G0q+N8OtL._AC_.jpg (415x500, 31K)

Listen user, I like a lot of what you're saying and you have a good mindset. I honestly just think there are too many humans on Earth, and we need our numbers drastically reduced in order to have some semblance of a decent future. I don't wish to add to the problem per say, and my other issue is finding a suitable mate. Above all else, I love the planet, and I do my utmost to reduce my carbon footprint as well as spending my time amongst nature, cleaning garbage, planting native species, etc. That means more to me than spreading my seed.

I've not had much luck with women in my life, and I seem to only attract human garbage. Whether that says I'm human garbage or not, is beyond me, but I don't wish to settle for some broken woman in order to have a child. I had a broken household growing up, and I don't wish to let someone else relive that experience.

I had a simple dream as a child, have a farmhouse with a loving wife and two children. I gave up on that years ago.

He just flipped because of what happened before that and the whole development, I kinda understand him. Real humans aren't like cartoon characters either. People can't just tell someone else the value of something and expect them to be a new person after that, even those that might change their way of thinking will always have situations in which they fall back into old habit patterns.

I never understand why people like you resort to insulting someone instead of arguing their points.

I actually really enjoyed ME2 the first time I played it, but when I replayed it I realized just how inconsequental everything was and how the game effectively railroads shepard into defending cerberus even if you do the cerberus sidemission in ME1

Around the first 10 seconds of gameplay in 2?
When I saw there was no crouching when you were not in cover.

>Above all else, I love the planet, and I do my utmost to reduce my carbon footprint
So just kill yourself? If you really cared you wouldn't go on living. Genocide and mass suicide are the obvious and practical answers to "Global Warming."
Not like that will ever happen.

Daily reminder that they'd probably kill you during sex. Also, these fuckers are BIG so their cocks would probably impale you in case they hadn't already killed you with their claws or teeth or crush you to death, depending on how heavy they are.

>blah blah blah we're killing the planet blah blah blah my life sucked so every other kids including mine own will suck
Always the same shit.
Honestly we should just breed until the planet fucking explodes and the human race spread outs across the milky way like it's some kind of faux womb and we're the spermatoza.
The human race will be fine, or it will be annihilated. Your feelings don't matter at all so why the fuck should you ever give up on a dream.

My feelings exactly. People are just fucking stupid, and not only the goverments. If people had the choice they'd never choose the science part to throw money at or even without money, they just never care about this. All they want is social shit and to feel "safe" and they never ever fucking feel safe enough despite living in some first world countries in which the biggest thing of your region is some crime involving a stolen smartphone. It's enough that some idiot shouts something about danger and all the indiots will shit their pants and protest until they have forbidden everything because everything is evil, especially science and AIs and stuff.

But user, I'm not suicidal. Why must things be to such extremes with you? Of course my death would be the "ultimate" solution to that problem, however, I don't wish to die because I'm a normal, living organism.

With that, all I can do is reduce it to my utmost capabilities without going to such a drastic degree. Just because I'm apart of the problem, doesn't mean I want to continue adding to such problems if it can be helped.

I never got to the awkwardnes that UII provided, okay? KOTOR was first time I felt comfortable, OKAY?

Because it was on the Xbox?

Attached: 1363385751540.jpg (630x443, 60K)

I hate this so fucking much but it's fucking essential if you want everybody to live and practically mandatory on Insanity.

I usually just put a podcast on and drink a few beers now. Better to get all over and done with in one go tahn to have to keep coming back and grind resources

so angry and hostile, you carry alot of hate.

Unironically Saren. He's underrated, I really want that hatefuck.

Well yeah, It's common knowledge we originally came from Mars millions of years ago before we eventually fucked that planet up. We will inevitably do the same thing to Earth and completely fuck it up

panspermia. look it up.

just use gibbet save editor. jesus

>Space Batman

I fucking hate this meme, He's Space Punisher if anything

I had an XBOX. First game on it was KOTOR2.

Chakwas. If not her, then EDI. I never cared about the cripple faggot pilot having romance, I'd pound that robot-waifu of his in front of him if need be.

You're wrong. It's easy to see where you're coming from. It's a tempting hole to fall in: to lay your misery at the feet of others and say that having any sort of untempered hope is ignorance. It protects you from the malevolence and pointless tragedy that pervade the world, but it also keeps away you from the meaning you claim to crave. Maybe there are people who want to destroy the things you care about or use you up, and maybe they're succeeding. So what? You're just going to stop caring about things? Coward.

>but we are stuck here, forced to slave away
You aren't stuck. Go carve some purpose out of the world. You might think your actions are meaningless, but you're wrong. Figure out a level of evaluation where they matter. Maybe just today, maybe a week, maybe the whole life or your child could be worthwhile. You can make the things around you better. That's the fundamental ability of man: to face down the Leviathan and reshape its pieces into society or to look at the empty void and say 'let there be light'.

Maybe whatever you do will be irrelevant, or someone will come along and destroy it. I fear that too. Of course I fear it. I don't have things figured out. I don't know why life is worth living, or what's really worth caring about. But I do know that it is worth trying to make something from the world. It's self-evident; anything else is just going to make the world worse, and the fact that 'worse' is even a valid word to use here necessarily implies that there is also a 'better'.

absolutely not
ME2 was the best in the triology but the planet scanning shit was easily the worst part of the game
just use a save editor or hotkey shit to give yourself unlimited resources

Attached: 1500859483188.jpg (1024x1365, 310K)

As pretentious as this shit sounds I have to agree.
Normal life will never give me any meaning. Fuck that nice talk about "find your reason of life". Let's be real for most people this reason is just some bullshit like career or marrying some idiot and the rest is busy enough talking, drinking, working and chatting on their phones to even think about this problem.

I just don't think the problem is all it's cracked up to be, and people's behaviors, even those who say this is "serious business," seem to agree.

In the face of overwhelming complacency from the 99% of people, and an inability to actually prevent what you are afraid of contributing to, I would advocate being happy and enjoying life instead.

I hate stupid things. I think that user should enjoy his life, not get tied down and sunk by such pitiful things like "global warming."

Stop. We can't maintain it.

Attached: MEG.png (1278x720, 1.11M)

ah yes, I was at that point too at some time. you have absolutely no clue how bad things really are.
but I am not here to destroy youre happiness, live by your words, I can only wish the best for you.

yeah, global warming is a shit excuse but I can see where he is coming from. its just one little drop in the ocean of problems we have to fix.

Attached: 1523062661327.jpg (213x237, 8K)

But why would you want the home base of Earth to explode? We're not nearly advanced enough yet for Space exploration and colonization, and I do hope we get to that point before the path we're on leads to ruin. I don't want the human race to be annihilated, I want to die knowing it'll continue to grow and evolve.

And I gave up, because another "dream" or purpose came in its place.

>he wants to raise his wife's blue kids
>he wants to reward Shepard after everything he's been through by turning him into a literal cuckold

Attached: alcoholic-family-member.jpg (2000x1333, 738K)

But they are so cute.

Attached: 5484.jpg (1280x718, 183K)

>no Elcor squad mate

Missed opportunity, what a drag.

Absolute meatheads with only a cursory knowledge of the human experience. If you're going to sit in your rooms, shitpost on Yea Forums, perpetuate the negative spiral you rot in and masturbate then I suggest you at the very least read some basic bitch philosophy AS WELL AS their critics.
I feel like I need to capitalize that because you people are so far up your own asses that you'd probably just read something like stirner, once, and let it completely reaffirm everything about your own poor world view and warp it in any way possible to crystalize these downright foolish thoughts you have. Although some of stirners critics were deeply flawed but thats neither here nor there.

Liara is a good gal, she will make Shep (male or female) happy.

I acknowledge you user. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. Losing my wife is the most terrifying thought to me. I hope you find peace.

Seriously, what can you even get excited about nowadays? Walking down the streets to your working place? The ever samey work itself? Or wasting your time with people you know talking about what? The weather? Celebrity shit?
I honestly rather spend the rest of my days playing games. Yeah it's not really exciting either but at then I can at least daydream about stuff you could enjoy if I was born in a less boring world.

cant take you seriously with all the hate you ooze.and what is it with all these assumptions, you write like someone who sniffs his own farts. weak form, fuck off from this place and go to some all happy NPC chatroom if you cant handle it.

Attached: 1539141453154.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

You'll turn Shepard into a genetic dead-end while that blue roastie will spend the next 800 years after your death fucking everyone in sight.

Attached: 70JZi4zt9G4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=.png (221x228, 14K)

>You will never play a good game about cute adventures as Shepard and jack's kid.

Attached: flesh give me a boner haha.jpg (540x540, 29K)

What days? What are you, 14? Fuck off frognigger

Why does it matter how bad things really are? That only seems like a better reason to try and accomplish something.

I had this gifted to me on Christmas day, the excitement I felt at the time mirrored the feeling I had when I first started playing kotor. I savoured every line of dialogue with crew mates, completed as many side missions as I could and constantly marvelled at just how great the game looked. Fast foward to today and the gaming industry is a empty husk of its former self, pillaged by capitalism, greed and uninspired ideas as well as lazy design.

>and then go further, ask yourself why we havent traveled the stars yet and humanity is prospering in a new age. thats a whole different rabbit hole you cant escape without loathing the earth.

Because of Pythagoras and Socrates. I'm not even fucking joking. If those two and their insane followers would not have fucked up the early Greek enlightenment age, we would be 1500 years ahead in civilization and technology.

That said, you are a pretentions faggot.

Attached: 1507876985630.gif (500x281, 602K)

Yeah. And the movie industry is exactly the same shit.
I wish I had a reset button for these things.

based

Attached: 25cd5d913030c70b0e2a6a8f5db23d9f.jpg (610x915, 97K)

Comfy colony

Attached: olivier-vernay-kim-humancolony-3.jpg (1280x546, 283K)

Immediately when I found out that there were like 10 weapons and that ammo types became skills instead of weapon mods. The gunolay in the second game was smoother but everything else aside from the graphics was worse. Also the skill trees were butchered in the second game. The terminator as the end boss also sucked balls.

because you dont realize how bad things really are
protip, have fun while it lasts

nah, its because the elite is holding Tesla's tech back.
>That said, you are a pretentions faggot.
yes I am

it hurts.

>The terminator as the end boss also sucked balls.
Yeah this. My favorite end boss and villain is still the first one.

Can't wait to live in a prefabricated box

Like the 'temporary' buildings at school, only futuristic

The house in ME 1 is the most comfy house in the series.

Attached: Intai'sei_solarium.png (2000x1125, 1.94M)

>entire game is an extended recruitment mission
>end mission designed to bring it all together makes use of precisely three specialties

Attached: 1512429827096.jpg (561x401, 63K)

nah

I don't understand what you mean. Things are so bad that they're bound to end in misery? Why do you cling to life then? If the only meaning you have is your own pain, then surely you'll experience the least suffering by ending it now rather than persisting in a doomed world.

>tfw no good Benezia porn.

Attached: 909.jpg (621x559, 32K)

When best Normandy exploded

Roll for your custom Jack.

Attached: ed9704de2d64f2c55d4a2d58c7616fa3.png (500x1456, 828K)

Hard to make a house when there aren't trees to process, and bringing the lumber would be pretty fucking expensive.

Actually, most characters of these games have a serious lack of porn if you ask me. This shit is popular as fuck and yet we have this problem.

>Why do you cling to life then?
I really dont, but Im here for the ride. its more of the pain that is afflicted to others that I cant handle, I stopped caring about myself ages ago.
be careful what you are saying, youre edgyness will come back at you at some point. you are so obsessed with the words "kill yourself" that it is apparent what you are thinking about most of the time.

Nah what? Shepard will die when Liara is about 200 yo. That's prime slut age for an Asari and you know it.

Krogan

Attached: 1490920620672.png (876x577, 722K)

I forgot this even existed. Pinnacle Station was a pretty goddamn weird DLC.

>let's make a whole "challenge" DLC focusing on our really crappy combat
>have Shepard take a break from investigating Saren and his genocidal robot buddies so he can top the scoreboard
>your reward is an empty house on a desolate rock you can use to buy guns from

The Elcor are great, but I think a lot of people would get pretty tired of a full-time squadmate trying to deliver a long emotional backstory while sounding like Eeyore on sleeping medication.

ME1 was one of the greatest games of all time, I hope that if bioware survives anthem they will go back to that style

Attached: YGhnRkD.jpg (768x1024, 232K)

Benezia is an anomaly because you'd think people would jump all over a big titted blue alien mommy but they never did.

1 does some things well, but 2 is better in most ways. The version of Mass Effect 1 that is better than the sequel is mostly in people's imaginations with rose-tinted glasses.

*hits red sand*
Is marrying Asari the ultimate cuckoldry?

This one cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than marrying Asari. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are feeding, clothing, supporting and preparing a girl for all your life solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man the second you die. All the hard work you put into your beautiful wife - getting money, making her go to the gym, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, marrying her. All of it has one simple result: her body is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole.

Married the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who wasn’t even born when she grew up, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you taught her. Your own daughters, which themselves the near ultimate cuckoldry and all you’re ever going to get, aren’t even made from your DNA.

As a man who has Married an Asari you are LITERALLY dedicating the rest of of your life simply to raise a girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically.

Attached: 1467236520508.png (1023x574, 396K)

I have this downloaded but never got around to it. I guess the ME1 DLC is the only piece of the original trilogy I have left to play, which makes me reluctant to get it over with.

Attached: 1541526264518.png (391x782, 428K)

Unless you are a pic related.

Attached: Urdnot_Wrex.png (220x417, 145K)

I don't know much about staff and developers, but how many of the original team still work for Bioware? And how many of them are still in prominent positions whereby they could make a proper ME game without all the tranny cuck shit?

Nah, she will not, she will raise their kids. And also, extend Sheps lifespan.

Rose tinted glasses implies that they haven't replayed it recently enough to have a more recent memory of it.
Despite the memes, people on Yea Forums can and do regularly replay games, and ME1 is one of the most common games in that bracket. It absolutely holds up, while 2 has aged significantly worse.

I have actually seen quite a bit Krogan cock pics but yeah, still not much.

ME1 gives you the implication they were on the way. The retardation was built into the series unfortunately. It would have been nice if ME2 ignored that detail though, which is felt like it did until the very last frame and that shitty DLC.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a full-return to the old formula. But a part of me still holds out hope that someone somewhere at Bioware can make the next Dragon Age not feel like a singleplayer MMO.

Attached: dragon_age_origins.jpg (1024x640, 100K)

Sorry, man. But EVERYTHING hints at EA wanting to kill anything of old. IE: everything they can¨t squeeze money out of. And thing is definitely this is something they no longer can't.

It's dead, Jim.

Man, it's awkward trying to type thing drunk. as fuck.

Swap 1 and 2.

Combat in 2 just felt repetitive and soulless, at least me1 system was different

Also the last mission was badass af, I still love the AI on illuim

Most people are fags that always hate villains no matter how good or hot they are. The only popular villains are bishounen fuckers or whoever women might consider attractive. If Benezia wasn't an antagonist and Saren was a handsome human fans would have been all over them.

>I hope that if bioware survives anthem they will go back to that style

The Bioware that made ME1 is dead. The sooner you realize it the better. That said, you should have realized that already after ME3.

Attached: 1550821703669.png (1206x1322, 2.22M)

>make the next Dragon Age not feel like a singleplayer MMO
don't make it open world and don't add mobile game timed missions.

But Mass Effect is piece of shit. I remember how disappointed I was. I expected something on KotOR level with new amazing dialogs but instead got some mediocre shooter.

Attached: 1457630044358.jpg (328x468, 100K)

I managed to squeeze enough enjoyment out of ME2 and Dragon Age 2 and even most of ME3, but yeah, the ending was such a kick in the balls that my hope for Bioware's future dissolved.

ME1 implied they were an imminent threat, but ME2 bumped it up to an immediate threat.
ME3 could absolutely have been about fighting the reapers and made sense, but it needed legwork in 2 to make it plausible.

Maybe if 2 had been about rallying the galaxy, then have a time skip between 2 and 3, and we could have had a state where the reapers can realistically be repelled, albeit at a cost.
Throw in a shephard who's getting too old for this shit and you're on to a winner.

Why was this ugly shit so likeable? I was sure I would always have Tali in my team but I couldn't because I liked that fucker too much so I always took him with me together with the raptordog because I am gay for raptordogs. Wrex had the best elevator conversations too.

Attached: 059533.jpg (811x334, 62K)

Wow. I remember differently. So how about you, I don't know, fuck off to somewhere where where that matter? That place exists, right?

All I know is that casey hudson is still there
I guess you're right, we will never see ME1's like again. I had hopes for andromeda, I guess that was naive of me
Eh, I liked ME3 better than ME2, but yeah it was already far gone from the kind of game ME1 was. Tragically enough, andromeda is the closest to ME1 we've gotten since then

Yes, it's Yea Forums.

Fuck no, the hell would I want a ball and chain for?

Women are whores and kids grow up to be degenerates

Whoah, I'm more drunk then I realized . Thank you google chrome translate.

Sorry you all I'm trying to hold on to one thing keeping myself sane.

>It still had some nice side missions and I think that series should have focused on that - Specter adventures.
This. I fucking loved Saren's plot but three games about reapers were too much, just let me do Specter stuff instead and visit all relevant homeworlds.

>when M4 Part 2 comes on

Attached: 1478445264535.png (350x290, 59K)

I will never not be sad

Attached: 1543509349544.jpg (345x378, 45K)

You're the type of retard that gives his salary to cam whores.
She has the best facial features out of any ME girl.

Attached: 2bbd1b23c65137179717bb8cace585c5.jpg (564x699, 23K)

It's okay user, escapism is the only thing that keeps me going too. Hope we will get a great game in the future that both of us might enjoy again.

Attached: 58322262.jpg (900x671, 73K)

What was the most kino mission in ME1?

Too bad that Bioware died when the Doctors left.

>that speech from Anderson or Udina about rallying/spearheading the galaxy and kicking the shit out of the reapers
>then we see Shepard against the outline of a red/blue planet
>then M4 part 2 starts
>then you remember what came next and feel sad again

Attached: 1437413721346.jpg (433x492, 70K)

Aaaargh give me back my 2000's fucking now!!!1
I want to go back to time when i was less depressed and much more lively and happy and had a chance to make my life better.

Attached: Tough times.jpg (508x382, 37K)

Vigil.

UNC: Rogue VI.
I wish we'd had a mission on one of Saturn's moons to see the pale blue dot, but I accept it might feel like Pandering.

Fuck. I was 21. A fresh-faced undergrad ready to take on the world. Now I'm a 33-year-old boomer getting upset over a piece of music. Take me back lads. The world's gone to shit.

Attached: 62e5c63nau601.png (1440x900, 1.56M)

Wouldn't Turians eat our dogs?

Am I the only one who LOVED the mako missions? I still fondly remember the Lunar mission and bring down the sky. Something was really exciting about going to derelict places.

Attached: Ilos.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Got damn guys anthem's release really makes me miss ME1

Attached: 1493998627630.jpg (846x846, 80K)

Everyone who played ME1 loved them. It's just that ME2 fags got a hard on scanning shitty planets. Those angry cucks never played the original.

Why would they?
Also, they only eat dextro stuff IIRC.

>ME1
youtube.com/watch?v=m6ugFcwsgpE
>ME2
youtube.com/watch?v=VQRiO1ihcQA&t=

>You're the type of retard that gives his salary to cam whores.
No I'm not. I'm sick and tired of this shit about Liara being slut or unfaithful tho.

ME1 was fantastic, flawed but it had such promise and I was so sure 2 will be bigger better more grandiose.

But then ME2 came out and it fucked me off so much, HURR whole game just crew side quests, DURR fucking skeleton "reaper". And whoever is responsible for axing mako parts instead of improving them is a major fucking faggot.

Attached: 1550269408461-v.jpg (500x373, 41K)

meh could have been worse

I really liked the atmosphere of them, and the sense of scale and mystery a desolate world gave off when you found Prothean ruins or heard the Rachni song in the middle of nowhere space.

But I felt that the side-quest missions themselves got old pretty quickly if you were a completionist and did them all one after another. Land on planet, drive to facility, kill everyone there, leave, repeat.

Attached: human reaper concept.jpg (1071x720, 625K)

By the time Liara will die, she won't even remember Shepard's face, bro. Humans will learn about him in history class.

What exactly do you think she'll do in the centuries after your death? Remain chaste? LMAO!
You fucking cuckold.

You can see the actual progression of talent leaving the studio throughout the mass effect series.

No I fucking love these. I am a big exploration fag and ME had just the right mix of exploration, story and character drama for me. I loved driving around on random planets and was always happy as fuck when I saw a ? popping up on my map or found some wrecked Turian shup or whatever. Something about these missions was just really comfy, for a lack of a better word.

Attached: 83525.jpg (777x1967, 290K)

>nearing march 2019

Attached: 1541857347670.jpg (545x362, 23K)

it's amazing just how little the crew ended up actually ended up mattering, despite being the main thrust.
Why not have a few missions to recruit, then a series of missions designed around making use of them? Or have the option to put team members to use during missions, like Tali giving Tech support to open up otherwise inaccessible areas, Garrus or Thane on overwatch to snipe high value targets, or something like that? It would barely require effort, say adding a few extra corridors depending on your pick, and would add replay value.

I don't see why they can't have tech to extend Sheps life. Also, Liara is not the type to slut around, can't be sure if she won't find somebody else to love but that can be said for other squad mates too, probably even more so for many of them. You just don't like her so you talk shit.

When did you realize Anthem is better than Mass Effect?

me too user
ME trilogy are the best games i've ever played

>we never got pilot the normandy and have space battles against the Reapers in ME3
I know they never said it was gonna be possible but I thought it was such an obvious and great idea

Attached: 1525049176713.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Because ME1 is semi hard sci-fi and the human lifespan is around 150 years with top end medical technology and healthy living. Asari live to over a thousand.

Best Mass Effect girl

Stuck in worst Mass Effect game

Attached: 1539794727357.jpg (1280x707, 126K)

The tech only extends a human's life to about 150 years. Asari live for like 10 times that amount.
Face it bro, you're a cuckold that will kill of Shepard's genetic line.
Why don't you go after some nice human girl instead?

i need to find something like this again or i'm gonna kill myself
i'm so fucking depressed

youtube.com/watch?v=NcrDWAuyqtc

Attached: 1550282233776.png (567x604, 519K)

>its gone user, like your youth
It's a hard truth but i refuse to accept it.
All gfs besides one were self obsessed thots obsessed with modern trivial shit, so we broke up.
The only girl i ever loved and made me feel alive, wasn't working out and so i had to let her go... never seeing her again.
Nothings been same since 2012, sex doesn't feel good anymore, food doesn't taste good anymore, entertainment value dropped, everything is stagnant and degraded, no positive prospect of future, just empty void that continues to degrade but not dying.

I have a feeling something massive should've happened between 2012-2019 so that life could've restart, but nothing... 2016 felt like it was going somewhere but it was just an illusion.

Attached: Slabodan.gif (440x304, 798K)

Seem like they could do more (or go with cybernetics), this I find very unrealistic in most sci fi settings.
That nice human girl can find somebody else too, you know. Making it out that Liara will 100% find somebody else after Shep dies should not be a given either (because frankly we just don't know). We can only have our fanfics to put in place after ME3 so mine is that they live long and happily together and raised their children.

No, I'm 20 and it's not the 1400s

When you meet Jacob, and having to reload.

I was a bit disapoint Shepard died at the start and it was an excuse to have to make your character all over again.

when i came to Yea Forums and conformed my opinion to align with anonymous contrarians.

Attached: 1536792066gg477.jpg (249x249, 21K)

Me too, the games were good and comfy and I didn't have skin cancer then.

>tfw based parents paid for xbl and new vidya always
I was spoiled growing up

Attached: 1549219976625.jpg (308x308, 40K)

This. Go with Ash. She's a good religious girl who loves her family.

Attached: b10681dc64a0511c19edb6b6ae5d3f68.jpg (500x713, 47K)

There's a difference between not being able to see and not wanting to see.
You refuse to accept the fact that you doomed Shepard to be a cuckold to a parasitic race of blue thots.
Shame on you.

Attached: Ck1Oz5PXAAAewcE.jpg (250x245, 10K)

Whatever. Go fap to Ashley or something and I will enjoy myself with blue thots.

Vetra a shit

Garrus was, and still is, one of the all-time best teammates ever in a video game

Attached: 1332345099836.png (670x2931, 115K)

>there will NEVER ever be another mass effect game

Attached: 1544858213266.jpg (1000x968, 130K)

Like, five minutes in when I realized there were less rpg elements and all fucking abilities shared a global cooldown. i care about those two way more than I do the story (though the story also got worse with each game)

Attached: 1393749838137.gif (500x281, 830K)

youtube.com/watch?v=gISlB1IdUjI

Attached: 1492764141927.png (489x423, 23K)

Attached: 1549572562140.jpg (664x399, 91K)

Attached: shep geth.jpg (1600x900, 170K)

That series was total shit

Pathetic.

Attached: 115161615161.jpg (1400x700, 539K)

Any villains in Mass Effect that made you think logically?

robros for life, exterminate suit rats.

I will play Andromeda just for her and that Saren guy, Avitus Rix or whatever the name was.

>*ahem*
>fuck machines and fuck the council

Actually one of the many reasons for why I only choose Turians. They have around the same lifespan as humans. The only non-Turian option would be Jack.

ME1 fags seriously believe this is a good UI.

Attached: MassEffect 2009-09-02 02-14-03-69.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

>I have a feeling something massive should've happened between 2012-2019 so that life could've restart, but nothing... 2016 felt like it was going somewhere but it was just an illusion.
Man, same here. I always feel like waiting but there is nothing to wait for, there is just nothing great out there. Not an emo or anything, I wouldn't even consider myself to be an actual depressive but there is nothing that makes me happy either. I don't even care about friends anymore. In the end even posting on Yea Forums is more entertaining than meeting up with others and being urged to talk to them for hours.

Still looks modern and slick. Hasn't aged in the slightest. What's wrong with it, faghomo?

>doing the suicide mission
>first phase gotta assign members into fire and hacking teams
>*critical thinking*
>pick garrus on the fire team since he led mercs on omega
>pick kasumi as the hacker since she's a master thief
>everyone survives, feels good man
>second phase
>gotta assign members for biotic fielding, defense team and escort
>pick zaeed because he's a veteran soldier for the defense team
>pick jack as biotic shielder because she's a biotic freak of nature
>pick mordin as escort just in case anyone gets injured on the way back
>everything goes well, jack and mordin survive
>zaeed fucking dies
>wtf.png
>finish the mission
>look up guide
>"LOLE JUS PICK GARRUS, MIRANDA AND JACOB EVERYTIME YOU SILLY WEINER"
It's like there's no effort at all when they write this shit

Its fine with M&K

Zaeed was DLC, he's poorly implemented across the board.

I still can't believe there were rooms on the ship locked out unless you bought DLC/pre-order characters

Attached: 1332094358438.jpg (800x1132, 1.32M)

You know (((why))).

>every single story Zaeed tells you ends with "I was the only one to make it out alive"
>choosing him to ensure people make it out alive

>picking Zaheed
>when every one of his stories ends with everyone except him dying

Meh, sorry to hear that user. Shit's not too well here either, was barely ever a fan of anything after ME again, barely enjoy stuff, the few people I loved talking and being with are dead, gone or depressive and my blood and health in general are shit since I am 25. I wish we could just go back honestly. Hope your situations improves somehow.

About as quickly as you should have realized your extremely embarrassing mistake of posting a thumbnail.

Unpopular opinion: I liked the combat & exploration of Andromeda. The story and characters were shit and the gameplay was at times janky but it felt like a nice balance between the exploration of 1 & the combat of 2-3. I wish they could make another similar game but with a smaller team exploring the Milky Way galaxy sometime around/before the events of ME1.

>Actually one of the many reasons for why I only choose Turians.
Are you gonna fuck them in their cloacas? Wtf...
> The only non-Turian option would be Jack
Good.

Attached: d09e62a34cd7feab1a7691108f67f56d.jpg (562x305, 22K)

It's a bungled mess. The stats make no sense and the inventory management follows like a shitty Excel spreadsheet.

When I first became aware that they wouldn't let me turn in the Cerberus crew over to the authorities and send them to jail.

Doesn't fucking matter in the end. By your logic, every member should've died except him. Then we would've thought, "wow, i forgot hes the sole survivor, what good writing! well played bioware!", but no, if it isn't Miranda! Jacob! Garrus!, then the leader dies everytime

>I'm going to need an army; or a really good team.
No, you need a fleet you fucking retard, why are you even talking about a "team"? How do you know?

>Paragon mission is about him finally learning to put aside the lone wolf bullshit and work as a team
>this happens anyway
Paragon should have had him as a viable leader, with Renegade having higher hold the line points.

>Doesn't fucking matter in the end
In the end, he turns out to be a terrible choice to lead people to safety. Almost as if the stories he tells and his actions in his loyalty mission are some kind of foreshadowing.

>All the Zoomers on Neo Yea Forums that pretend they always hated Bioware and cite Kotor and Baldur's gate as trash

Attached: 1283456101116.jpg (420x438, 17K)

I have literally never seen this. People saying that hate CRPGs don't count, because that has nothing to do with Bioware.

Garrus is made for bullying.

Attached: 1949772.gif (500x474, 92K)

Just replay the games.

>Put about 5 playthroughs into ME1
>Saw quite literally every bit of content and line of Dialogue
>Install ME2
>Bored in 20 minutes because its a generic cover shooter, press X to awesome

Attached: 1266809901844.jpg (126x112, 3K)

Man some of the suits were so fucking ridiculous I love it, especially that pink shit I gave Wrex and Garrus.

I got the green version of that armor for Wrex the last play through. Shit was so cash seeing him run around.

Holes of others don't matter too much I have no dick anyway, feel sorry for me bro.

>Instead we get a single player MMO

I wish we could have seen more homeworlds. Seriously, why couldn't we see all of them? Visiting alien cities is among the best shit you can do in a space game. And learning more about their culture while doing so.

>Complains about single player MMO with Dragon Age
>probably loved Witcher 3 without realizing its guilty of the same shit.

>And I need you to recover
>Because I can't make it on my own

Attached: 51kgT7eWF-L._SY679_.jpg (456x679, 19K)

Benezia and Samara. And EDI too god damn

EA is really obsessed with open world games

Attached: 1454313223030.jpg (400x450, 166K)

youtube.com/watch?v=R_NAoNd4YyY
Me2 and 3 had nothing to top this, only contrarians say me2 was better than 1

I got through med school

currently a NEET, tho

>bad guy with too much bass tells you absolutely fucking nothing of value
That Harbinger was even worse is a testament to the writer's dedication to churning out complete sewage

Yeah I felt like ME2 needed to end with the galaxy being generally aware of the Reapers and building a good trap for them when they arrive (after a longer time skip than we got as the Reapers had to manually come into the Milky Way from intergalactic space). Then ME3 would STILL have been a huge battle along much the same lines (without Cerberus hopefully) because the Reapers were so powerful that even the whole galaxy preparing for years for their arrival would still not even be close to enough.

Just wait for the outer worlds. Could be ok

Attached: r8p46wu8ku221.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

>terrible choice to lead people to safety
He died while everyone lived

ME2 was only better at one thing: combat. And even then the improvements came at the cost of RPG mechanics.

Just got back from school huh little zoom?

It's kinda like a penthouse

I felt bad killing that agent

Not a big fan of the fallout aesthetic, and the "humour" seems awful.

>The edgy, anarchist hedonist is turned into an emotional mother figure
I need more archs like this

Attached: 1494705446283.jpg (640x476, 81K)

yes, it's a different style.
But it's either this or wait 5 years for Starfield™ Bethesda® made in Gamebryo®

Don't forget to dilate.

Oh, I've kind of given up hope at this point. I'll be surprised if I get anything within the next decade that piques my interest.

What a perfect end to this game. Rarely does a credits song enhance a game for me but M4 Part 2 really captures the finale of that game. Would propel it to legendary status if Mass Effect ended there.

Looks very janky in true Obsidian fan but this time the script is written by 20-something trannies so the writing isn't there holding the package together. Pass.

>romancefags

Attached: 124124212.jpg (474x355, 23K)

There's always Star Citizen. Pic related.

Attached: that's right jay, it's time to clock out forever.png (700x700, 652K)

this, jesus christ

Okay okay okay.. okay. WHAT IF...? The most intelligent species to ever exist enslaves every other intelligent species and then realizes that they all keep killing themselves by making AI so to find out why the AI keeps killing them they, the smartest race, makes an AI... and then gets killed by the AI and the AI in order to prevent everyone else from dying to AI goes around and kills everyone before they can make AI.

The writing in Mass Effect is very VERY good. and dont forget in ME1 when Shepard asks Sovereign why the reapers do what they do Sov's reply is "You're too stupid to understand". But no, lets pretend only ME3 had bad writing.

Attached: leviathan_by_nach77-d67iw1h.jpg (987x810, 163K)

Similar here. I had a shitty low tier school degree and then I had a phase a bunch of years back when I said to myself that I should do it, retry getting an actual high tier degree (we have different ones in my country) and studying. Did both but I lost all kind of motivation for studying after a few years despite being the best of my little group at first. Just general lack of motivation, never getting anything regardless of how much I worked due to a lack of connections and then two people dear to me had died and I am now on my second NEET year in a row. Did a few two month jobs inbetween but nothing else. Currently searching but my motivation is 0.

Attached: 00877.jpg (900x615, 109K)

didn't match eh?

Basically. Trying again.

Lack of motivation is indeed an ugly demon. Been there. Feel it right now. But I gotta do something.

sucks pall, might as well go Senpai/ER/IM
best of luck

when I arrived at the citadel

Same here. I will try Starfield, Star Citizen IF they ever fucking come (probably not) and other stuff but I don't hope for anything.

A Batarian would have been much more interesting. All the aggressiveness of a Krogran, but not as tanky or slow.

>he's afraid of Krogan cocks

because muh Earth, and muh Citadel

Attached: 1550084807884.gif (176x200, 36K)

They're a local Edmonton band too.

okay this is based

Attached: DzF1_DmUYAEycME.jpg_large.jpg (1100x965, 155K)

>no Batarian
>no Vorcha
>no Elcor
>no Hanar
>no Volus
>no Yahg

I would've loved a squad mate, or at least a ship mate of each race. Feels bad.

I could never get into Mass Effect, I wish I could because I'd love a good spacefaring RPG, but none of them hit home for me.

checked

Attached: 1547879264649.jpg (158x171, 6K)

Dyson spheres are a meme, why wouldn't you just use atomic power generators.

bruh

Attached: 1452280125735.gif (370x295, 1.99M)

Man I remember seeing this in rental stores and thinking it was lame

Noice, RIP thread

Attached: OD_on_K.png (1380x952, 1.18M)

blessed thread

Checked

Attached: 1505947168315.jpg (431x350, 22K)

what the fuck nigger

Attached: 1536062923872.jpg (800x800, 187K)

>Buy ME3, looked interesting and marketed as "you can pick up and play!"
>Random shit I don't know is brought up and referenced
>"I guess passed decisions matter, fuck"
>Buy 1, play it through
>Buy 2, play it through
>Play 3 finally, realize none of my decisions fucking matter.

Eager to be a Halo dude again? That's what those days really were. Mass Effect was a Jade Empire tier Bioware game back then.

The fact that people elevate it now like they do always perplexed me. Is that how long it takes for nostalgia to make shit good?

Never because it's not.

Fuck how

Attached: 754899.gif (500x430, 67K)

YES this song

Sure. Interplay, who raped the Fallout license even worse than Bethesda did.

Attached: 2214730-1212697328_fallout_1_cover_1_.jpg (960x960, 214K)

>mass effect 3
>batarians want shepard dead for destroying a star system inhabited by 300 thousand people
>get blown the fuck out immediately by reaper forces
>entire race facing extinction

The absolute perfect opportunity for a Batarian squadmate. Uneasy alliance, vengeful, bitter, it could have been amazing. But instead we get Muscle McBeefSlab as a squadmate.

Attached: 1462917211624.jpg (543x417, 136K)

The ambiguous unknowable horror of the Reaper mystery was way better than providing half-baked plot and lore behind it.

As opposed to what? Landing on the planet in the Mako and driving around a completely barren planet with little to do and nothing to see.

ME1 was garbage.

>using biotic lift on enemies in open terrain so they just keep going higher and higher until they hit the gameworld limit and fall to their deaths

Attached: 1547698748259.jpg (563x542, 32K)

The disposable thermal sinks used in ME2 and 3 are not magazines. They do not store ammunition. Neither term is very appropriate, but "clip" is less bad because they would presumably clip onto some part of the weapon in some sense.

>PC gaming
>Ever.
LMAO!

Agreed.

>The absolute perfect opportunity for a Batarian squadmate. Uneasy alliance, vengeful, bitter, it could have been amazing. But instead we get Muscle McBeefSlab as a squadmate.
This so much. Fuck that forced human shit.

one bad spinoff nobody remembers isn't as bad as 4 or 76.

You really want to spend hours looking at this? [/spoiler]U rite tho[/spoiler]

Attached: batty.jpg (474x541, 72K)

1 doesn't hold up as well but it's still Damn good. The plot is Kino. Landing on planets and doing side shit is only good for nostalgia tho. Fucking copy pasted EVERYTHING

He caught you off guard because instead of
>muh oppression
he was a fairly standard merc who had grown to somewhat despise his own race.

I have a fiancee, thank god. I almost fucked up and missed it.

>Space Batman.
You're fucking stupid. More like...
>I'm a disappointment to my by the book daddy. Time to join up with a fellow vigilante!
>Assembles a rag-tag group of specialists to try and make a difference as a renegade.
>Implying Garrus wasn't trying to be like Commander Shepherd but as we all saw, he's no fucking Shepherd.
To the back of the space bus with that Turian.

>no Mass Effects clones
this is the worst part that theres nothing except for like MMOs that come close to mass effect and the thing is that it doesnt even seem that hard to do. Bums me out Mass Effect is what got me into gaming.

Quick post your squad from each game.

Mass effect 1
Garrus and Wrex

Mass effect 2
Garrus and Grunt

Mass effect 3
Garrus and James

Always go with my bros.

>Garrus.
lol faggot.

Most kino / relaxing music on the OST.

Fight me faggots.

youtube.com/watch?v=P5GHQNnPUuo

The entire soundtrack oozes atmosphere, but this one has always stuck with me. I want to play Mass Effect again but at the same time knowing what happens at the end of 3 I lose all desire to do another run.

I'm a straight man with a fiancee and I played femshep just to do the Garrus romance

ME 2 is feminist cuckoldry? What the actual Fuck?

Noveria was cool and atmospheric, but the Normandy ambient music had more tone to it. Foreshadowed/captured the tone of the game in general from the very beginning. The way you can just here the dark synth underneath the rest of the voices, that dark force hiding just within range of the senses.

youtube.com/watch?v=KIW9Dc-ZfnU

Attached: Normandy 1.png (720x414, 444K)

Tactics was rushed and crudely made, though it could be fun despite it. BOS was irredeemable shit made by people who held the fanbase in active contempt.

4 and 76 weren't good either, but the worst parts of 76 don't stain the Fallout franchise so much as they piss away fans' faith in Bethesda as a whole.

*you can just hear the dark...

ME2 would have been amazing if they didn't try to tack it to the story of ME1 and shoehorn in Shepard with retarded death shit.
>ME1 concludes the Shepard/Reaper threat plot-line
The Reapers were fine as this big spooky esoteric threat, ME2 was forced to ignore them and ME3 ruined them with Star Child garbage.
>ME2 you play as a Cerberus operative trying to stop the Collectors, requiting a grab-bag of crazy people ready for a suicide mission into their base
>realize that the Collectors and Heretic Geth have recovered pieces of Sovereign and are trying to repair him so he can awaken the other Reapers (if not then they sleep for another cycle, giving ours a chance to master relay tech and build up a big enough force to repel them)
>still imports ME1 save to get different characters and have an encounter your own Shep who treats you differently depending on their morality, but ultimately shakes your loyalty to Cerberus
>uncover more shady Cerberus shit and realize TiM just wants Reaper tech for himself
>game ends with decision to either give the base to TiM, secure it for yourself, or blow it up

>ME3 is never made

Do they sell all the dlc for these games in a convenient package yet? I had them on xboc but when I went to get them on PC they forced you to use bioware's shitty site and buy bioware bucks that you then use to buy the dlc with individually.

Garrus and Ashley/Liara
Garrus and Miranda
Garrus and Ashley/Liara/Miranda with mods

Garrus is the only bro you need fag

yeah, back before social media started ruining everything and causing me to get too much information about games and devs.

this tbqhwyf

Hell, they had the perfect opportunity for an optional one in Bring Down the Sky. If you spare Charn before going after Balak, there could have been an option to recruit him and give him the chance to redeem himself by going after Saren.

Theres n7 editions to buy the whole package including the game as well as season pass for 3 otherwise you still gotta buy em individually and through origin.

I loved it when you told me that story about him killing that warmonger of his own species and then he just mentions that guy being his own father in the most casual way you can imagine.
Man I would kill to able to explore space with guys like him and Garrus for the rest of my life. Don't even need any bigger adventures, nor a waifu, nor money, just that.

I was wondering more about 2 and 1. I didn't like 3.

>realize that the Collectors and Heretic Geth have recovered pieces of Sovereign and are trying to repair him so he can awaken the other Reapers (if not then they sleep for another cycle, giving ours a chance to master relay tech and build up a big enough force to repel them)

Dealing with all of sovereign's bullshit backup plans would have made for a great sequel
Thing had centuries to prepare for this

Attached: 1548303849832.jpg (653x657, 354K)

What are you talking about dumbass I just downloaded it lastnight and it works

I remember I watched my dad play this and then grew up to play it
Feels bad man

The problem was always that the Reapers were too powerful in ME1. Admittedly that made them fun as Lovecraftian horrors lurking in darkspace. ME1 made a villain that was impossibly powerful and could only be blocked (by preventing the Citadel replay from opening). But by returning to that villain in future games and doing an all out invasion you HAVE to make them weaker somehow if you want Shepard to be able to win (setting aside the possibly of making it impossible for Shepard to win). So you're left with either retarded weakness, deus ex machina, or retcon. What we got was a combination of all three.

It would have been better Bioware had set aside the Reapers after ME1 and made new tales about Shepard. For instance, send him to the Terminus Systems on a Council mission to clean it up. You could even keep the Collectors and just remove the connection to the Reapers. You could also have made the Batarian government the ultimate villains in ME2. Shepard would have been better served with an episodic story, each one more obviously self-contained, and not really tied together into one overarching goal of "Reapers".

I miss when games actually built an interesting world, something that you actually wanted to explore and learn more about.

Now everything is shit, everything is the same. Look at Anthem for example, what a bland, boring and pointless world, just like Destiny was, yet Destiny still managed to have more lore / world building than Anthem. It's all just so fucking phoned in these days, and I hate it. I want to go back... Gaming today is just garbage for the most part with a few decent games sprinkled in here and there.

>reconstruct yourself commander
>you won't be playing your shepard but some zombie/clone
>don't look for the rpg elements we've eliminated most of them
>have fun shepard, also you now work for cerberus lmao

What makes a developer shit on everything they've build over 50 hours?

Being bought by EA, I'd imagine.

TURIAN COCK
SO GOOD

I'D LET GARRUS MAKE FIRST CONTACT

>You could also have made the Batarian government the ultimate villains in ME2
They're a shit tier rump state before the reapers ate them. That would be like making iran a threatening villain.

Bought 2 day one, played it for 5 or 6 hours and I was so disappointed with it I didn't play it again it for something like 6 months. Forced myself to finish it.

>Mfw terminator final boss

Attached: 1501599660696.jpg (492x449, 25K)

A entire planetary government is still a pretty tough adversary for one Spectre. Especially in the Terminus Systems.

Sorry but almost the same here
>ME1
Garrus/Wrex
>ME2
Garrus/Wrex or Grunt
>ME3
Garrus/Wrex, Grunt

Attached: 3772526.jpg (600x600, 54K)

Freedom ain't free. The power of the Hegemony gotta be littered with the blood of turians and humans. Galactic Council a.k.a. blights in power is no ruler of mine. they are scheming against us and are probbaly indoctrinated as well ;DD. PIRACY and slavery not trade and DEMOCRACY ok. praise balak.

Attached: 1550686812116.png (400x400, 84K)

>Mfw terminator final boss
The dumbest shit and the logic is even worse "the reapers want to make a human reaper" stupidest shit and then you see concept art of that thing looking more alien and it looking so much better.

Healthy mix of everyone, more Kaiden than most though

Kasumi, Miranda, Samara, Thane

Kaiden, Garrus

I really miss this scifi/space tunes, they are rare as fuck nowadays. Most of the related music I have is from the 80s or something.

>ME1
Liara & Garrus
>ME2
Mordin & Grunt
>ME3
James & Garrus

never
I'm not actually autistic

I think ME1 and ME2 are both 10/10 games but I've never played ME3.

Attached: 1549118673889.jpg (233x280, 21K)

>Get-a-load-of-this-blight.

Give it a fair shake. Make sure you get Javik and play the Leviathan & Omega DLC and might as well play the Citadel DLC but its total silly off the wall fanservice.
The end will leave you upset but you gotta see it through.

masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Temporaryeditor78/squadmate-mission_matchups_for_maximum_dialogue_immersion

3 has some good scenes. Just not a good story, and the good characters are few and far between.

Its worth playing for Traynor though

Attached: MassEffect3 2013-11-04 04-03-36-61.jpg (1600x900, 71K)

Are there really people that would romance Krogans? I mean I guess all of them want females but still. It's already questionable if humans would survive a Turian dicking but I am pretty sure that Krogans would kill you in general, male or female.

the biggest flaw with ME2 is that there are too many awesome squadmates I just want to run around with Garrus Grunt Mordin Zaeed and Legion

youtube.com/watch?v=3GXVXYl3_8c&t=658s
here

ME3 isn't THAT bad. It's good, at least 90% of the game is at least playable and decent, and then you get to the whole end game and it turns immediately to shit. The Earth segments at the end of the game are atrocious. Not only that, but the ending is just an insult to your intelligence.

That said, I don't regret playing it. I avoided playing it for years after it originally came out because of the negative reaction the ending received, and I was pleasantly surprised by most of the game being fairly decent.

Just mod it preemptively, that's what I did.
It's basically required if you're a Talifag.

>terminator final boss
It was ridiculous, there's no two ways to it. The problem is that compared to Saren which was an amazing villain it feels like an insult.

>that feel when 12 years later games have gotten worse.
90's and 2000's games were the peak and we are never going back..

what mods do you use expanded galaxy and the miranda mod for me because miranda is best girl

I STILL DIDNT PLAY SINGLE MASS EFFECT GAME

Who did Bioware sell their soul to?

youtube.com/watch?v=OKs7IKWMBJQ

rEApers

This. Just let me play as Grunt or Garrus for a change.

this needs to happen but I promise you lad even if most of us die the ones after us will pick up the pieces and explore those stars

She’s got nice DSLs

The worst part of ME3 is the generic ass soundtrack. ME1 and 2 both had excellent, stylistic and nostalgic soundtracks that were incredibly atmospheric.

3 was just plain shit orchestral bullshit like every other goddamn game and is sucked. Not one single memorable piece of music in the entire game, it's all generic. Whoever made the decision to not bring back the guy who composed the first 2 games was a massive cunt.

I recommend mod that removes the faggot kid dreams and kid all together.

The one that cut the Star Child stuff and made it so the only ending was Destruction.
Expanded Galaxy.
There was one that changed the ending slideshow a little, don't remember what exactly it was called.
I also used one that put the Citadel stuff after the ending, but I kind of have mixed feelings about that one. It felt weird after everything, but at the same time I'm sure I would've hated it if we had that adventure in the middle of an apocalyptic war.
I also did some of my own file editing to change Tali's stock photo thing to something better.

I was still pretty mad but if I tried to play it completely unmodded I know it would've been far, far worse.

not until after 3 when I realized it was 2 that had taken the narrative off course. I still enjoyed the combat of all 3.

>change Tali's stock photo thing to something better.
How do you do that? I've been looking around but haven't found much.

t. murf

I loved 1 & 2, skipped 3, and only played a fraction of Andromeda.

Since being patched to hell, is Andromeda tolerable?

Because most video game writers are the brainletest of the brainlets and don't have the creativity to write a halfway deep Sci Fi universe.

Is there any known reason for not choosing the old composer? I fucking HATE orchestral shit, just as I hate the shitty zimmermann clone or ambient soundtracks 99% of serious movies have these days.

>thermal clip
>some new invention that happened while you were knocked out
>find a ship thats been crash landed for years
>all their weapons have thermal clips

Explain this shit

IIRC, I downloaded someone else's mod, looked at what files they used/changed, and replaced their textures with something I liked better.
I don't remember what kind of file viewer/editor I used, but I'm sure it would be easy enough to find.

Attached: that'll do tali, that'll do.png (726x1080, 458K)

Leviathan created the machine with the sole purpose of preserving life at all costs. The Reapers think it is impossible to stop them from killing themseves so it just harvests the races and stores there knowledge.

Yo dawg I've heard you don' like synthetics killing organics so I made synthetics that will kill organics so the other synthetics won't kill them

Attached: 12345689789.jpg (500x323, 18K)

My only frustrations with using the Mako was what everyone else hated about it. But I didn't let that get in the way of enjoying it. It was fun as fuck exploring all those planets. I don't care if there was a cut and paste slightly rearranged base interior waiting for me at that question mark on the map. I wanted to get there and I wanted to see what was inside of it, even if it meant trying to scale a massive mountain for 5 minutes only to discover a convenient path as soon as I cross over to the other side.

The planet scanning in ME2 was fucking garbage. The exploration in ME1 felt like something real. All these different things you could discover felt like they had a reason to exist in the universe. The shit you find in ME2 just feels too scripted. I don't know how to describe it. There's just a very distinct difference between the two games and how they presented their side missions. ME1's side content felt much more organic in how you got to it. You've got the lunatic biotics that took an Alliance representative hostage. The crazy rogue VI on the moon, the Geth massing an invasion force in multiple system, Admiral Kahoku getting too far up in the biz of Cerberus and getting killed, that one guy who shows up and traps you in a mine with a bomb if you picked the War Hero past. There's just a lot of shit that feels like it has a purpose, and a lot of the side content is tied directly to your character.

ME2's side content doesn't have that same organic feeling. The Blood Pack are on this planet mining for resources, but why though? Why do I care? Why is this a problem? Why am I supposed to fuck with this? It just felt like something extra to do rather than something somewhat important.

I have no idea. Jack Wall was the guy that did the music from 1 and 2 and he just didn't return for 3 for some reason.

The ad campaign for the 3rd game was some of the worst advertising for a video game that I can remember. Shooting the game up into space? Fuuuuck that.

>cisquisition
>85

jesus christ

Attached: 1535534459494.png (275x283, 89K)

Also Leviathan was shown to think very highly of itself and never saw the AI as anything other than another tool for them to use like the thrall races.

thanks will do that

I replayed ME1 last year after playing it for the first time in 2010. It was still as good, and memorable. Apart from the missions on various planets, pretty forgetable and boring. Combat gameplay isn't that good either. Did enjoy it apart from that, used mods though. Recommend all to do use the content restoration and graphics mods.

Haven't used that galaxy war expanded or whatever it was called for ME3, is it good?

Considering that wasn't even supposed to be the original plot, I think it's unfair to view that dumb plot device about the Reapers as the "true" plot device for them. Remember that one single mission in ME2 where Tali is getting data on Haestrom? The star was dying unusually fast due to dark energy forcing it to collapse early. It was a super important mission and the entire thing was never mentioned ever again. Dark energy was supposed to be the real plot device of the Reapers.

The Reapers were originally meant to be these practically immortal beings that are attempting to preserve life in the galaxy by solving the dark energy problem. The use of Mass Effect related technology made the threat of a Big Rip (dark energy literally ripping apart the universe) a very real possibility. The Reapers were meant to be sort of "the final choice". They harvested civilizations for the purpose of combining the knowledge of millions of lives and trying to figure out how to prevent a Big Rip from occurring, without sacrificing Mass Effect technology. The ultimate final choice was supposed to be rejecting the Reapers and choosing to save the advanced civilizations, trusting them to reach a solution. Or trusting the Reapers, and sacrificing organic life in the hope that one day they can solve the problem.

They weren't really supposed to be "bad guys", just morally grey villains. The ambiguity of Sovereign in the first game was probably just a deliberate writing decision because they were still figuring out the rest of the plot.