PlayStation 5 to have backwards compatibility with every PlayStation console

Mark Cerny is the lead designer of PlayStation 5

Attached: IMG_20190222_114312.png (480x591, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-backward-compatibility-sales-920/
lmgtfy.com/?q=can blu ray read dvds
youtube.com/watch?v=CRqaXYV7BEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sony won.

With ps4? Easy peasy.
Ps3, ps2? No way.
No idea about psx.

why not? and you better say it without saying the word architecture

Attached: 4XTFNGL.png (370x320, 10K)

>backwards compatibility
Doubt it. I bet it will just be cloud shit. Why would they add real BC after spending so much money on PSNow services?

They might drop PS Now

tell mark to make ape escape 4

I mean, an actual PS2 "clone" board could fit in the average smartphone and would need little to no heatsink nowadays, they could easily fit an entire secondary system dedicated to backwards compatibility inside a chassis

>backwards compatibility

This is just a buzzword. The PS5 will literally just be a PS4 Pro X so of course it can play PS4 games and previous gens will stay as downloadables like PS Now.

>streaming

Not with their new president who thinks BC is fucking retarded.

because not everyone is gonna go out and buy games all over again.
some people want the convenience of just being able essentially rent games.
plus, PSNow doesnt even offer ps2 or ps1 games on their service.

I hope they rerelease physical ps1 and 2 games in new packaging for ps5 if this is true

I doubt it.
They have no reason to and it still makes money.

Leave it to zoomers to spin backwards compatibility as bad thing while saying streaming will save gaming.

Only worth it if it's region free for PS1 and PS2 games. Otherwise, I already have about a thousand ways to play PS1 games and my PS2 still works fine.

PS3 could do PS2 emulation
there's no reason PS5 couldnt

Me too, I still own some but I'm missing much more.

This is useless to me now that Microsoft and Nintendo are merging or whatever they're doing. Also you can emulate ps2 games and ps1 games even on a hacked switch for free so I dunno why people are hyping this.

>*only applies to the really expensive first edition, subsequent console variants will not have this feature*

Attached: 54645646.jpg (640x405, 34K)

People are nuts if they don't think this is just a way for them to sell you old games again on the new psn. Sony would never, ever, ever do something that would potentially lose them money after this gen.

that means it will rely on old contents and have only a few new shitty aaa games with full censorship

small/middle japanese devs wont release so many games for it either.

Like clockwork

people complained about not having it on ps4, and full backwards compatibility gives them a leg up on microsoft's tiny cherrypicked selection of old games and nintendo's handful of nes roms.

>emulate ps2 games
>on a hacked switch
I'd like to see that.

I'll believe it when I see it
For me to buy this thing bsed on the premise of this, it needs to be able to run all 4 generations of Playstation natively, offer upscaling, and idea trophy support or at least let me unify my PSN account purchases (no blocking me from downloading PS1 games like on PS4)
Lastly, it needs to be $400
Can't do that, then it's useless

Alright. Sony knows exactly what is in their black boxes, so they can patch and emulate ps3 environment, but it wont be automatic and universal, every game will require some manual work, so it has nothing to do with hardware emulation.

its not necessarily a bad thing but a lot of old games are pretty hard to find and most of the good ones can get crazy expensive.

i honestly would rather have them rerelease the games digitally than worry about adding BC to a system.

>yes goyim, just purchase the game a second time to play your game
>what's that? It doesn't count as backwards compatible? Sure it does, goyim!

Attached: 1539549483135.jpg (537x537, 61K)

That was the PS3 sperg

>we'll give you one free game from a potential gen a month if you pay for our online service goyim
This WILL happen.

>emulating ps2 on switch
[doubt]

Attached: 1515363764647.jpg (845x883, 141K)

>people were using this logic to say the vita was BC with PSP games
I enjoyed the Vita but boy did those post actually make me seeth unironically

>emulating ps2 games on switch
>it still pretty buggy on PC

LOL

How can they emulate THE CHIP

>they're going to emulate all these consoles when they couldn't even be assed to make an original emulator for their playstation classic

i totally believe it

Attached: 1548663095001.jpg (4608x3456, 2.33M)

>emulation
vomit.jpg

Only pc kiddies participating in a stupid fanboy fight pretend it is great/flawless. Original is often superior.

>streaming

Where did i mention streaming? I literally said you can play these games natively on a switch (even on mobiles via emulators and a Bluetooth controller) so it means nothing to me. This won't attract more fans it just satisfies existing PS fans who have their old games or are shills who refuse to use other devices to emulate PS games. The 360/OG back compat made sense because it's not available anywhere. Ps2/ps1 emulation is available on nearly every platform so buying a ps5 to play these games is the dumbest thing ever.

>I'd rather they rerelease games as digital than having backwards compatibility
The state of nu-Yea Forums.

They'd lose money if people could just buy used PS2 games to play on it.

>PS3 could do PS2 emulation
No, not without extra hardware on-board.
It's literally not fast enough to keep up with the PS2's framebuffer speed.

And who says they wont pull the same shit with the PS5 to cut costs?

Attached: 79ef209d225a0b79428a5ba660c92e3c.jpg (555x447, 44K)

>free
>have to pay online fee
Why are people so retarded they fall for this scam

they are going to lose my money since I'm not buying it. PS4 is even worse than PS3. I'm done with sony.

The fact that tech has improved/gotten cheaper since 2006

Because PSNow is a failing testbed for Game Streaming. Backwards compatibility is a whole other beast.

>you can play these game natively on the switch
Alright user.

tell that to the 98% compatibility i get when running PS2 games on my CFW PS3 slim with webman

Who cares my PC can do that too give me good exclusives not pandering to zoomers who missed out on games when they were released

>Will buy without question
-Can simply stick a disc into the fucking thing and play my PS2, PS3, and PS4 games without any bullshit
>Will consider
-After verifying the games that I have, it downloads a rom or ISO or whatever Xbox One XxxXXXBOXXX does and makes it run smoothly
>Will not even think about it
-Any other scenario
>Will relentlessly shitpost against it in every thread imaginably possible
-An attempt to re-sell me PS2 and PS3 (((Classics))) through the PSN store with this being a PS4 Pro: Pro that has about three new games on it

All I want is the ability to play Armored Core on present-day hardware.

Attached: 1443299816973.jpg (2000x1050, 511K)

amazing how backwards compatibility is "useless" now that sony's doing it again. but when microsoft begrudgingly made a few old games compatible, they were "based" and "pro-consumer."

that would be too good

And how will they emulate the PS3 in a cost-effective way? I donĀ“t think they will be able to without some kind of costly hardware

To be honest they will lose money anyway, since this gen was so lacking, it feels like its ending too soon. They have to do some marketing trick to even make people buy ps5.

So where did i mention streaming saving video games?

>we should just stick the guts of a ps2 and ps3 inside the ps5 as well!
So I guess you want the PS5 to cost $1000+

Microsoft does both

This, ive considered several times getting an Xboner S but the way BC works leaves me with doubt, maybe if the original Xbox compatible games lists expands more someday or their next box does it all natively

xbox has the advantage that it has most of the games on digital, so people can buy them for BC if they don't have them.
gamerant.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-backward-compatibility-sales-920/

why do you niggers insist on lying?

>An attempt to re-sell me PS2 and PS3 (((Classics))) through the PSN store with this being a PS4 Pro: Pro that has about three new games on it

Guess why you can already see PS3 games on PSN store of PS4. Its all going for merging all stores.

If a couple of guys in their mom's basement can make rpcs3 which runs pretty decent on ~mediocre hardware (in the games that actually work at least) then Sony could do way better than that especially since they have all the knowledge of the ps3 since they made it.

wanting to buy a ps1 game for 60$ on 2020
KEK

>Playstation Classic

>emulation

The patent's details say it's for a "remastering system" that lets artists stream new textures into old games

Linux is quite nice

Can you even insert DVDs into blu-ray drive? I think you can't. So no ps1/ps2 for sure.

Attached: blu-ray.png (1200x644, 44K)

The console dev division at Sony must be pushing so hard for backwards compatibility because they know how shitty and politicized the future games will be.

>They say ps5 going to have fewer games
>no sony e3 this year
> backward compatibility
Say what you want but ps5 born dead

Attached: 1368362868901.png (1156x1063, 74K)

I remember when Gta 4 sales increased by like and 1000% when it was released for back compat. I bought a used copy myself from a game store with all the DLC because the 360 version (and now x1 version) is still the best place to play the game since the pc version is a horrible broken mess (I own that too - got it from the R* humble bundle) and the ps3 version was like 540p and had terrible performance. The 360 version actuslly runs with an unlocked framerate so it hovers around the 40 fps on the base Xbox one but since it's going to be forward compatible with all new Xbox consoles we could potentially get a locked 60 fps version of gta 4 on the next Xbox. I like the back compat ideas MS have going where the game can utilize the full hardware of the console. Not sure how Sony would be able to do that with ps3 games considering the architecture is so different and games could potentially break if the hardware isn t emulated perfectly. The cell was a huge flop all around.

Here's to going they won't be Jews about it like that garbage

You can literally upscale games and unlock their framerate, like Day 1 people with good enough rigs could play BOTW at 2160p 60fps where the switch plays it 720p 25fps, it's far superior way to play games

I might buy it just so I can play ps2 games without having to open up my ps2 to clean it and risk breaking something.

At least it'll be a unified network unlike fucking Nintendo killing their eShops for every console

lmgtfy.com/?q=can blu ray read dvds

Hoping*

>Mark Cerny is the lead designer of PlayStation 5
Is this supposed to inspire confidence? My PS4 PRO (not the normal one, the P-R-O) sounds like an AC-130 when playing RDR2. It's a huge piece of shit that's so poorly designed it's almost laughable.

And they STILL dont have any games to play

PS5 will have enough cores to emulate the PS3's multi thread pressing. The PS3 was ahead of its time and unfortunately was bottlenecked by a shitty outdated GPU. Xbox bet on the GPU and PlayStation bet on CPU, and it turned out Xbox was right.

I want to snag a PS4 but I am hoping PS5 will run Bloodborne @ 60FPS

Xbox does this fairly well. They just emulate OG xbox and 360 onto Boner(X). Which is pretty much what anyone does when they play a console game on PC

Just add a sony approved emulator on the new console. Make games free or disc readBle or fuck like 1-5$ or part of a subscription

Also how is MS the evil drm online only spybox have better user friendly services than Sony? I thought Sony was all good and user friendly. Seems more like being the top seller makes some people forget why people picked them

>Yet again sony fanbabbies would still buy Ps5 if it was worse than the original kinect aids xbox one..

>When the third post is the informed one
I'd say Ps2/Psx is possible but this guy is mostly right

Insider here, here's how things are supposed to work come next gen
Out of the box all games from the ps1 to ps4 will be playable on the ps5 but there's a catch, the plan is that on release all ps3 1st party titles that haven't been remastered yet will have their online servers restored on a new network infranstructure and have proper 4K upscaling (Warhawk, Killzone, Demon Souls, etc) these games will labeled as "officially supported", BUT the rest of the first and third party titles will just work as they did on ps3 meaning 720p or lower and most of them with an hard 30fps cap most of time and they'll only work if you still own the disc, these will labeled as "working but not officially supported". New deals with third party game makers need to be done for those games to be officially supported and put on the ps5 storefront, early disc only releases are most likely dead in the water unless a remaster is released so don't hope for games like Nier or Ken's Rage 1

Amount of cores has nothing to do with it.

Implying this is real, so, saying 3rd party PS3 games aren't supported, will they still run and just not having the upscaling or just not work at all?

If it's digital only backward compatibility for PS1 through 4, and you have to rebuy all your shit, then it's fucking useless. I hope PS5 at least has physical backward compatibility with PS4, or there's no chance of me buying one until the end of the generation.

Attached: 1458857437066.jpg (657x890, 668K)

>microsoft's tiny cherrypicked selection
> almost 600 games

ok

>Can you even insert DVDs into blu-ray drive?
yeah. it upscales the image even

i think physical with 4 is super likely, they'd be retarded not to at this point
Any other gen before is where it's iffy because of hardware costs.
If they actually did it it would be wild, but will they? Who knows

I personally don't see why both options can't be available. I'm struggling to see the challenge in a multibillion dollar company adding a PS1 or 2 emulator that can read discs and ROMs to sell systems when random script kiddies online can do it for free on a Raspberry Pi.

People keep talking about this, I've always thought it was just too good to be true and that they wouldn't do it. If they did it though, that's the ultimate system right there.

>only 547 out of 2100 xbox 360 games are compatible
>only 33 out of 1047 original xbox games are compatible. 33!
yes, that's a tiny cherrypicked selection. it's pathetic compared to what backwards compatibility used to mean before this generation.

PS4 uses an x86 cpu and an opengl GPU, if every single PS4 game doesn't work day 1 on the PS5 Sony is dumber than I thought

I'd be interested if it had bc with every ps3 game and increased the performance like how xbone x does their bc

and you have to download shit for your games to work

Microsoft games are not simply backwords compaitible. They are basically remasters with many enhanced to 4k, and they are all on the digital store. Many end up on game pass.

cope and seeth even harder Snoys

Attached: 1550600949304.jpg (2160x5276, 2.8M)

Post a PS Classic link with this price.

I donā€™t get the skepticism around this. Sony did full physical BC with the PS2 and PS3, itā€™s just the tech was expensive for the performance you got and itā€™s really wasnā€™t practical. Remember when people flipped because the PS3 was $600 at launch? Now people donā€™t even blink spending $1000 on a smartphone. Since then tech has gotten much cheaper, faster and smaller. Even if it more expensive I donā€™t mind shelling out another $100 to be able to play all my PS1-PS4 games.

this

Why does this fact scare Yea Forums?

Cause sony made a shit ton of money this gen and will be as big as Jews as humanly possible if they can. Never underestimate greed.

Then how did I play God Hand which I bought from PSN on my slim PS3? Sony could absolutely include BC without much issue on the PS5, if they don't they're fucking lazy/greedy

Not for free, goy

The only difficult one would be the PS3. PS2 and PS1 games are piss easy to emulate now.

PS4 backwards compatbility at the minimum gives them a big edge in what may be a messy next gen if Xbox comes in swinging or some rogue states like Amazon and Google make a ploy. They can market to early adopters who give you market base to encourage dev support of your new console. They also get another jump in that Xbox NeoGeo edition even if it has backward compatability with One doesn't really have much to show for it let alone a market base to take advantage of it. If Sony gets it all the way back to PS1 or at least to PS2 they essentially can own a guaranteed spot in the gen no matter how much they shit the bed as "The Ultimate Sony System".

On the other hand if it seems likely or gets confirmed go shopping for PS1 and PS2 games pronto, their prices will skyrocket and a lot of them had really small print runs. Samurai Western as an example cost 20 bux used complete, Metaljesus mentioned it loosely in a "Hidden Gem" video and its price skyrocketed to 150 overnight and it's holding in the high range still. Imagine what full backwards compatibility would do to the market.

Sony files hundreds of patents a year for things they don't end up using.

Attached: dims.jpg (519x400, 33K)

just buy an xbox if you want to play old games

Because Sony wins on day one if they do this.
Shitendo and Xfags completely BTFO'd.

>Microsoft games are not simply backwords compaitible.
most of them aren't compatible at all, and only a few xbox 360 titles have actually been enhanced.
spin it however you want, but it's a pathetic selection. better than the ps4 and especially the switch, but still not good or worth bragging about compared to previous generations (or pc, for that matter).

> PS2 and PS1
Why software ps2 is still so buggy then?

This would be fine, I fucking hate the precedent Microsoft is setting where people end think that emulating old games required consent from the original publisher when it's actually because they want to sell every back compatible game on the Xbox store.

This is art. This and the one with the guy laughing.

people are so invested in their console war shitposting that the thought of sony doing something good makes them upset, so they have to shitpost even harder - even if it contradicts their previous narratives.

BUT I SOLD IT ALL TO GAMESTOP!!!!

Attached: zH3aII7.png (800x800, 51K)

Sony always wins.

Attached: 1528714349804.png (230x219, 10K)

> software emulation
I mean

I own like 50 ps1 and ps2 games can I play them on Xbox now?

>he either sold all his old PS game or is a literal zoomer
Might I recommend you neck yourself, kiddo?

Attached: ChadW.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>amazon or google
botnet: console edition

Cool, now I don't need to buy a PS4.

>emulate

LOL, there is no need for that. All it needs is the hardware comply with the PS4 firmware/API.

Everything is still the same, its a x86 CPU with a GCN GPU. All it would need is some patch so the PS4 games runs flawlessly.

Jesus Christ and Switchlets were bragging about getting NES roms for "free".

In before PS+ being required for backwards compatibility.

literally never ever
more like streaming shit

>Winning
>console
I mean might as well be the king of retards if your gonna be a retard

I just want to play the first little big planet again

People that trade their old games into GameStop are legitimately retarded, unless you're talking games like CoD and Madden where you're not getting more than 50 cents anywhere, just sell it only and you'll get 10x more.

Are they still doing the PS Now?

Retard, it didn't only talk about the PS4. Your bullshit falls completely apart when we move on to PS3 emulation. Read next time before you comment, idiot.

Imagine if the PS3 had a G80 instead of a G70.

*sell it online

Playstation 2 Classic or Mini or whatever the fuck it's called when?

So they flopped with PS1 emulation and now they're going to try to sell me on satisfying emulation with ALL their previous 4 consoles...

Attached: faf6aba6ddcb59004759facb71a9ddf1 (1).png (840x1200, 535K)

It would have been a half generation ahead of Xbox 360.

After the massive flop of the playstation classic, not sure what you are expecting.

I not confident in Sony anymore, but Microsoft have clearly set a backward compatibility precedent now (the same one Sony used to abide by) and Sony has to respond with something at minimum similar or at best superior or they'll be screwed.

NintenGAF SEETHING ITT
People can't quit the console wars bs.

greed retard, when a developer or a company become greedy after making too much money, they start to add bbullshit. Most likely this backwards compatibility will cost money.

Attached: 08976545.jpg (700x387, 52K)

if you owned those games on the original xbox and xbox 360 you would be able to play them on xbox one for free, but yes, the xbox one has the bc library and you can buy any games from previous generations there

Sony have a massive head due to the sales this gen. I fully expect them to majorly fuck up next gens launch.

I just wanna see it get hacked so I can buy it and add whatever PS2 game I want like .hack//infection//mutation//outbreak//quarantine because CC2 will never get the chance to either remaster it or remake it from the ground up and don't fucking tell me to emulate it on my computer because my computer is shit and can't run a damn thing.

>$20 NES ROMS = GOOD
>4 generations of backwards compatibility = BAD

Only on Nintendogaf!

The PS5 won't be Backwards Compatilible unless I can use my PS1,2,3 and 4 discs to play games with.

Attached: 1457874684484.png (356x334, 223K)

This board is heavily baised for Nintendo.
Polls prove it all the time.

Why do you so blindly trust in sony when they have fucked you in the ass time and time again. All big corporations only care about money. All of them.

That's pretty disgusting.

Maybe because Nintendo does it better. Think about it.

PS1
PS2
PS3
PSP
Emulators availabile on windows for free rn which means they could easily put them on a PS4 with an x86 cpu and a GPU that is likely a radeon HD 7850 let alone a PS5 that will have a Ryzen CPU and a vega 56

this
>j-just buy them in psn
fuck off

Attached: 1547311265652.jpg (208x208, 14K)

>Maybe Yea Forums is full of man children who play games made for literal kids
ftfy

>emulate bus operations
All I can think of is USB peripheral devices, anyone care to have a better explaination?

Clearly not when they're selling decades old games at those prices.
Not even gonna point out that they fail to outsell an almost 6 year old console.

Meant to quote

I'm so tired of winning holy shit guys!

They blew their chance on remastering the GU games instead. I guess the sales were lackluster because nothing happened after that, which is too bad.
If you really don't want to emulate, you can always get a ps2 for dirt cheap and hack it, put the pirated games on a HDD and play them.

Its funny how much of a clusterfuck the PS3 was to this day.

yeah, i'm sure that 4 generations of backwards compatibility will be for free faggot, especially after Sony move headquarters to commiefornia, start to censor stuff, talking about less games, etc. I swear /v is full of kids who think corporations give a fuck about them and give them free stuff

Attached: 1200367.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

This.
Can you tell me with a straight face that the Nintendo section of a store isn't mostly kiddie shit?

They're good Video Games.

who cares you'll only get BC per title basis due to emulator translating code in real-time
They'll have suck publishers dick to get anything good on it

I find this pretty much impossible

>Baby casual shit
>Good games
Cope.
Not a single game worth playing on Switch in the whole year of 2018 is an embarrassment.

If they pull that off. I will day one buy. I would like to legally play my ps2 collection again. PCSX2 is fidgety still on game to game. Snowblibd engine games still run like shit on it.

Nintendo is a toy company, only kids and man children play with toys

PS3 emulator is still in early stages
and requires huge amount of IPC to get anything worthwhile running, heck you can't even run MGS HD collection at full speed on decent hardware.

pretty sure they're patenting this to prevent any possible legal or semi-legal for-profit emulator

I might have to resort to actually buying a ps2 again just so I can enjoy the first four .hack games

>PSX

stop doing this

that pic is beautiful

Is better for business, by making the PS5 BC they can fill the PSNow service with PS5 and get rid of the PS3 and the PS4 and maintain only one piece of hardware

You know so little, Intel has made the best processors for like 10 years, and since the I7 2700k from 2012 intel has barely made any improvements to their IPC almost all gains have been from node shrinks so if you have hardware from 2012 you can easily play it, early emulators often take 3x base hardware and to be even 3x the PS4 a 400$ PC can do that

One day people will know what the real PSX is aka the origin of the PSP/PS3 UI

i just want fucking god hand back

Attached: pummel.webm (960x720, 2.23M)

Sony has complete documentation on PS3/PS2

An overclocked Core2duo runs all PS2 games of relevance with spaghetti code.

A 4 core 2-3 generation old i7 can run PS3 using spaghetti code.

Don't be retarded.

Perhaps because the PS2 has no documentation available to the public and PCSX2 is a cluster of software hacks held together by shit and duct tape?

If every PS4 game doesn't function at launch I don't care

Sorry sweetie, it's too transphobic and queerphobic.

I can't stand playing games on the originalk hardware anymore, with the exception of DS games and even then I prefer to emulate some.

The ability to re-render a games resolution and add AA is a big deal, fuck jaggies,

>Because Sony made one cheapo cash cow they cannot make an emulator
Remember the PS1 emulator on PSP was so fucking good hackers couldn't even close to that level of optimization due to Sonys internal documentation.

youtube.com/watch?v=CRqaXYV7BEY

playing PS2 games on a BC PS3 upscaled on an HD screen and a wireless controller is much comfier than playing on original.

What framerate did it play at on PS3 if it was locked to 30 then dropping between 45-60 on the PS3 emulator (while shitty) is still more impressive

>Mark Cerny

Attached: Mark Creepy.jpg (358x249, 27K)

Aside from ending the backward compatibility streak Sony was on Cerny doesn't seem like the soulless corporate type, the fact he's a weirdo and made knack only raises my opinion of him.

Yeah. I don't know how some sony fans would just shoot themselves in the foot unless they never cared about older games.

>b-but nintendo!
This is a sony thread, friend.

PS5 will have backward compatibility, but only towards PS4.
With all the PS1 and PS2 games in the PSN and all the PS3 remasters, it would be folly to let consumers use their own past games.

It would have been slightly better. Wow.

Just plug in your ps2 or your ps3 retards.

Now ps4 backward compatibility that's usefull.

Just make it the ultimate system, Sony. PS1, 2, 3, 4, Portable and Vita. You'll swim in money for ages and make back the bank you lost on everything not Playstation.

If they pull this off they've already won.

I want clean digital output for ps2 games though, my model 1 ps3 died awhile ago.

What even is the point of backwards compatibility? No one actually uses that feature and you can find any old play station console for dirt cheap, most of them being extremely easy to hack too. Or just emulate.

Such a waste of time. People don't buy new consoles to play old games.

Attached: 1528312961834.png (469x452, 277K)

If you used the Emotion Engine, it would restrict it't potential rendering to 240p/480p.

>People don't buy new consoles to play old games.
My sister bought a PS3 last month both for some of the JRPGs she missed out on of that generation and so that she could play PS1 games, because all PS3 models still have the parts and can natively play almost any PS1 disc you put into them regardless of region.

Kys

>playing "remastered" MGS3
yikes

It's a day one purchase for someone like me if they did that, and I'm sure they're aware there's a market there.
Not to mention the fact that they need SOMETHING to get people off of their PS4s that are still producing wonderful looking games

I hope this is true and the reason why they haven't been putting any effort into placing old games on the store currently.

And I won't buy a launch console with no games, and neither will many others. Look at the pathetic quality and amount of games the first 2 years of this gen. If a new console is back compatible then people are more likely to buy in early, especially if they can sell the old system to finance the new one.

Fuck, I wanna bang that sissy

AHahahahahhahaha, they fucking idiots. No one needs this, NO ONE. We don't want play old sprite pixel shit.
SYOP WASTING RESOURCES ON USELESS GIMMICKS

Attached: 1546767204882.webm (640x800, 1.95M)

Ikr

I mean, they fucked up some pretty great effects and cut some content

Here comes the jew squad.

>once saw a guy drop like 200 games, an xbox with controllers and some accessory, I forget what
>still remember that pasty fuck telling the guy: forty nine dollars and nineteen cents
>he took the money

>we
Suckstart a shotgun faggot

>It fluffs up the "no games" library all systems have at launch justifying a launch purchase
>PS5 will be powerful enough that's it's backwards compatability will be able to re-render a games resolution easy
>No getting up to plug your PC into your TV and then unhook it when done
>All on convenient device.

besides usual faggotry it reminds me of the current new president of Sony who went to a Gran Turismo event that had all the games of the series playing back in 2017, and he was like, "wow, the older games look so outdated, who would want to play these?"

Despite the fact that scores of the GT games have dipped with each new successive generation, and most of those older games are often more content-filled than most modern games

Fuck off Jim Ryan

Ps1 games are 10 bucks and under on psn, ps2 no more than thirty, what are you complaining about now? You know it'll be digital stuff.

sshhhhhh, we need to make them pay for less features each time, not more.

Think about how many fags bought ps1/2. They're still out there, and they want to play their games but the hardware is failing them. If I can stick my janky copy of SaGa Frontier in the thing and play it, I'll buy it

It's ur fucking problem shithead, not ours

Mi ps2 still works, my ps1 could be repaired I think.

>ours
kys

That was because xbone has no games, so backwards compatibility for older games gave it games.

I'm going to guess you have to buy all the game again

As long as they don't charge 50 bucks for ps1 games we good.

Is a unified PSN store with ps3+ps4+ps5 possible? It'd be good to transfer digital purchases from ps3 and 4 onto the ps5.

The ps4 got no game either according to you fucks so what's the difference?
it's literally
>microsoft good
>sony bad

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a used console and the games or pirate in the first place?
You're going to be waiting years for BC and even games to be released

the jews wouldnt allow it

The digital games would work but no fucking way you could put a ps1/2 disc in a ps5 and it would read it

Angry internet man, why wouldn't the company pander to the established base while going in the "fewer, larger" direction they seem to be meming about? Doesn't it seem like what everyone else is doing also? Multiplats will always be there, so the only real way to distinguish from xbox is to flex the extra two gens of history that only microsoft has.

The convenience of having a system that can play everything, even if it requires digital copies of games via PSN, way outweighs hunting down working older systems and getting HDMI conversion output cables for them if you're not also breaking out cash for a CRT. Plus Sony still makes PS1 parts, and they've been in the PS3, PSP and even partly the Vita; for that part of backwards compatibility there's basically no excuse anymore as to why they would leave out PS1 classics for two consoles in a row, and it also highlights just how fucking lazy and corner-cutting the PS Classic was.

I do have the older consoles, but it would be nice to be able to play all their games on one machine and sell the replaced consoles. And I'm not going to buy a PS5 for a long time if it doesn't have PS4 backwards compatibility, simple as that.

Digital output for my ps2 games is what I care about. My launch PS3 that could do that died and there aren't many of those around anymore.

They'll do this for the first 3 weeks of release and then remove the compatibility just like they did on PS3.

Mark my words.

I hope this is true

B8