Sony Microsoft Nintendo on suicide watch - Google console coming March 2019

>Google sent out a fairly cryptic invite to the game developers and associated press this week in the form of a GIF (converted into relevant images below). It teases a keynote on March 19, 2019 and more information was made available shortly confirming this would be in the form of a keynote to be held at 10 am PST during GDC this year. The media giant promises to "reveal all", and also has developer-focused sessions throughout the course of the event. An early report from The Information suggests the keynote will have Google talk about their new game-streaming service, code-named Yeti. This is in line with our own expectations, after having participated in the fairly successful Project Stream beta test that concluded recently.

>Kotaku went further to suggest that Yeti is a streaming service in conjunction with a hardware platform- a simple streaming box, if you will, to take on the dedicated game consoles of 2019 and beyond. Indeed, Google has been wanting to get into this highly lucrative market, with intentions to take over Twitch before Amazon pulled one over them. There remain many challenges in general to a game-streaming world, not least of which were detailed in our own editorial linked above. But, with the next generation consoles getting ready for development and Microsoft willing to explore a game-streaming future themselves, perhaps Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and others should pay very close attention to said Google keynote in less than a month's time.

techpowerup.com/252891/google-keynote-at-gdc-2019-hints-towards-dedicated-gaming-entry

Attached: g.png (512x512, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JEUDLwVKjzY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products#Discontinued_products_and_services
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ouya 2

>netflix for games
>in a console
If I want to watch a movie on my console, I'd get the PS4

Botnet trash

is this for the their shitty project stream? shit cant even run at 60 fps

Attached: 1543266730347.gif (500x500, 256K)

Release a actual console or gtfo.

>google
>capable of anything besides gathering data

Hows that google + working out? Oh wait

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo on suicide watch you say?
youtube.com/watch?v=JEUDLwVKjzY

Attached: A.png (215x235, 6K)

This will flop because no one will have any reason to buy this over the big 3 platforms. They will all have more games coming out, an established library of games that already exist and an already established userbase.

>streaming service
DoA

Attached: 6F5A4413-DB7A-4EAD-98A5-46A2F4A50342.jpg (448x247, 25K)

>This will flop because no one will have any reason to buy this over the big 3 platforms.

Chrome will flop because nobody will have any reason to use it instead of Firefox.

nobody wants a console for phone shit games. no japanese devs will join it either

R18 stuff and loli then I might consider it.

"Our Chinese masters demand a way to spy on everybody, everywhere".

>"Don't be evil"
>Find out google fucks with search results for certain political leanings
>Google mines all data possible
>Google literally changed the definition of fascim to mean right wing nationalist
Fuck those evil bastards

chrome is free. this streaming shitbox won't be, and there's no reason for anyone with a brain to buy this over the ps5, the switch or a gaming pc. google's streaming box and microsoft's streaming box will be competing for last place.

>this streaming shitbox won't be
They'll integrate it into their other tech and services. The next chromecast and all that shit.

*AHEM*
FUCK GOOGLE

Attached: 1544262930895.png (390x390, 112K)

Google is a spying botnet involved in collecting your personal data and being an overall nightmarish 1984 hell
It's probably going to be some always online console box or will have huge incentives for being connected with it 24/7
I kind of hope for a Xbox One e3 esque reveal for the new Google console where it'll crash and burn and be laughed at

>Chromebooks don't sell
>Google+ has always been a ghost town
>their plans to limit fragmentation on Android always fail miserably
>no one loves youtube
Not every thing they do is successful.
Unless it's streaming on any chrome browser and advertised with giant banners on their homepage I don't see how they'll succeed.

>game-streaming

Attached: stopped reading there.jpg (1153x823, 577K)

You forget all those contracts and deals they have with the military.

based

Whatever happened to those atari consoles and groovyposters?

>no one loves youtube
yeah it only have like over 1 billion active users and is seen as the go to website for watching videos online

>Yeti, a game-streaming service
What the hell is game-streaming? Is that something like that twitch website where you can hear commentary and whatnot?

Attached: THE_REBEL_YELL.png (54x55, 7K)

imagine playing games in "4k" but you can see all the artifacting that comes from streaming a fucking video game.

I cant wait for 5G to fry bugs and birds so I can stream a shitty artifacted laggy western game to my G-box

doesn't really matter, youtube wasn't google's creation, they bought it

Looks promising

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products#Discontinued_products_and_services

probably its like the service on psn. nothing new.

its shit. this console will have a bunch of garbage indies, some aaa trash with shit graphics that you can play on other platforms, and shitty phone games liek ouya

>Chromebooks don't sell
had nothing to do with gaming ever
>Google+ has always been a ghost town
being removed stay up to date grandpa
>their plans to limit fragmentation on Android always fail miserably
no clue what ar you gibbering about, android will always be part of google
>no one loves youtube
ok buddy

Seething and retarded. Sony, MS, Nintendo already spy and use anti consumer practises on you daily. Get woke.
Streaming games is the future and you can't do anything about it. See Amazon and Twitch.
Publishers all will suck Google's balls just like they did with Project Stream.

>Streaming games is the future and you can't do anything about it
Ok sweaty

>Yeti
People are going to confuse it with a Blue Yeti since it's what all the start-up streamers use for their mics.
>game streaming
Oh no it's retarded.

But this "shitbox" is cheaper than a normal console. By your logic everyone would go buy a PC just because everything is better on a PC and you won't get fucked over as hard as with a console.

What you don't realize is that the average consumer is a braindead ant that wants to consume media the fastest and cheapest way possible. Consoles won't fill that need anymore. Consoles are dying out, get used to it.

Attached: unknown84684654654.png (747x525, 594K)

>2011+8
>voluntarily using google products
ISHYGDDT

>everything you just said
Shit teir bait

btfo sweety

>streaming games

yeah no. watch google drop this project like they always do after a couple of years of no one using it and terrible support.

cringe reply no arguments anywhere.
Google won, damn.

>simple streaming box
There's nothing really simple about streaming video games. You're either getting fucked over by ping or input delay.

It's a waste of time with a good majority of wiring used by ISPs.

>It has come to our attention that you used the word "nigger" in a gmail email. Your video game access has been revoked

How do idiots like you get past captcha?

how do you get past captcha using google service everyday
lmao the degenerate itt it's amazing

My uncle works at google and he says that it's going to be a very selective platform that will only allow inclusive games with diversity to be sold on it.

>I can't use the word nigger in games anymore
>oh god what will I do
Rainbow 6, OW and all the other MP garbage uses their own filter how is this anything new?
remove yourself from this planet

They're shills posting from google hq. Captcha is bypassed for anyone posting from a google ip address.

>consoles are dying out
PS4 has reached 100 million consoles and PS5 along with the Switch will get better

Also good luck trying to sell your gay always online gaming chromecasts when most people have shit internet and streaming Netflix is already a giant strain on their data

Attached: 234235235233.jpg (556x303, 41K)

autism
severe on top of that

I don't want pop-up ads on my console. I don't want pop-up ads on my anything.

seriously, enough with the fucking "oh, its gonna play games you would play on your phone" enough with the fucking streaming services, all of it. If you want to actually make a dent in this fucking industry, make a full blown console, and have a development studio come up with a killer app, go the whole hog or go home, you fucking amateurs.

TACYHONS

nobody right in their mind would every buy something from Google, they would need to make a complete Apple dick move where you would have buy it so your phone continues to work for people to actually buy a Google Product

way to much effort
create platform with most users and bait publisher to release their games on it
easy

They may have the same problem that Atari had. The 2600 sold in absurd numbers, so when the 5200 and 7800 became available with superior hardware, develops still wanted to develop for the 2600 because everyone already had one. Atari was effectively destroyed by their own popular 2600. As for Google, everyone has phones, so as long as a Google console is technically backwards compatible with the phones, developers will only program up to the limit of the phones.

>streaming service box
dead on arrival unless it's solely for single player games. There aren't enough people with access to internet speeds needed to facilitate using a stream only box for data the size and speed video games require

>most people have shit internet
only true in rural america and germany

It would benefit them more to just put money towards development of games on Linux

Attached: 017561adced4d6579eabde5cf30b7df7.jpg (1200x1683, 353K)

>Google console will feature exclusive 'child' Youtube app features
>Literally the pedo console

FPBP

No one cares, fa/g/got

I'm just saying it objectively would...

Attached: c16bc1fe4682d68043953a5da6c2bdaa.jpg (1386x2079, 482K)