Sony: “We want fewer, bigger games”

Welp, it’s tike to say goodbye to all those dead AA franchises (ratchet, sly, ape escape, jak, hell even bloodborne 2). Snoy is going full retard next gen. Hope you like movies.

Attached: C996EFF7-A7D9-4DF4-81E7-00F3333E1F8F.jpg (800x996, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thenerdstash.com/bloodborne-sales-exceed-sonys-expectations/
sie.com/en/corporate/release/2019/190108.html
vocaroo.com/i/s1a1bfSt3IWi
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=1705
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4263
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9048
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=16449
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10476
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=6626
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10876
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9610
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5043
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5913
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=1386
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Interactive_Entertainment
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10035
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/53kb8TlT0H9-y7cddSwCWA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sony makes games? I thought they were just a movie and tv company.

I don't see the problem with this. Quality over quantity.

>Ratchet, sly, ape escape, jak

yeah because there's so many Ape Escape, Sly and Jak games coming out recently
Ratchet fucking sucked too

>we want fewer games

How do you get fewer than one game?

Attached: 1543759285920.jpg (480x640, 12K)

Yep the op is what we call a troll trying to get yous

Quality isn't really the word I would use to describe cinematic experiences.

looks like someone got triggered in the other console war thread

BB was AAA, not AA.

Unlike nintendsoys, we grew out of the kiddy shit.

>Gravity Rush is now dead and buried
Neat.
Some heroes don't wear capes.

Good thing Sony doesnt make those

There is barely a quantity already though

>abandon the in between AA market
>no one but PC mustards and Switch Sois buy indies
>abandon moonland
>two games a year, maybe

Attached: 1204691593071.jpg (479x361, 21K)

That's literally all they make now.

More movies?

>w-we didn’t play those games anyways!
>t-there’s nothing wrong with having less games!

Attached: 1547395027492.jpg (394x534, 61K)

>build your brand on experiemental Japanese titles, gold standard third parties, and a plethora of new in house IPs for three generations
>throw it all away to chase the open world may may

Great, another reason to abandon gaming.

Oh no no no

Attached: 0F8B0C86-405B-41F7-8981-E4CB07B40353.jpg (1024x944, 141K)

But they dont?

I'd buy a PS5 right now if I could. I never thought the future would be so good: gaming on Linux and Playstation thriving. What a time to be alive.

>imagine having made a WRONG choice 2 decades ago when all the cool kids in school were playing GTA3 and you were playing pikmin like some friendless infant.
Adults can own up to their mistakes, change course. Why can't you?

>3rd person action game
>IT'S A CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE
why is everyone so scared of Sony?

>another day of Yea Forums screeching about Sony

Attached: 645645853456684787856.png (402x390, 355K)

>scared
No one is scared, they are just jealous and angry of Sony's success.

The siren song of perpetual cash flow and hype is too strong to ignore. Why make 5 AAA blockbuster games when you can make the same or more by selling skins and emotes in a Battle Royale game?

I have nothing against it (Horizon and GoW were pretty fun) but I don't get why would they just focus on such expensive and LONG development hell projects. They should create more AA and rescue ips like Jak and Daxter.
Like, with RE2R success why don't they just remake Rule of Rose and make a new Siren? And bring some JRPG.

Sony really needs to fire a lot of shit seriusly

>when all the cool kids in school were playing GTA3

literally the only people who did the GTA clone right was Saint's Row and that was only when it was taking the piss out of them. And it still didn't even come close to Rockstar's sales. but it didn't need it to. Sony is making a massive mistake chasing current trends when by the time it comes out they'll be behind. Hell it can be argued that they are already behind.

>going from zero games to imaginary games
wew

That's not going to happen.
They're pushing out fewer games so the marketing budget can be bigger and the game can be a mtx platform.
It's just safer from a shareholder point of view than pushing out a lot of great games that have to stand on their own merit since those can't also have mtx without cannibalizing their own market.

Only way to counteract this is to shit on their barely passable whale bait.
(not counting yearly release titles since those are normalfag bait)

>fallkng for clickbait

read the fucking article you numbskulls.
The context for that sentence is that sony doesn't mind delaying games and thus outputting less games if it means the end product is better

>BUT SONY

not an argument

behind to whom? xbox? indie-DLC-computer? Or last-gen mario emulator / gameboy 4?

The facti s that the major story driven exclusives are system sellers. Your fringe opinion matters little. Just look at xbox1 s, much better deal, doesnt' sell shit. I WONDER WHYYYYY

the horror genre was never profitable outside of youtube meme shit like Five Cocks In Fuccbois and Amnesia.

this guy looks like he fucks

>reading other than the headline
you're giving this place too much credit

Who cares they only need a game or 5 a year to completely pulverize Nintendo/MS

bloodborne isnt AAA?

>[screeching intensifies]

>chapter 26, in which we continue with our 3rd person action experience exactly where we left

industry implosion when

"we want to make more progressive nu-movies/walking sims, our fans love them"

Attached: uL5deaZyAGhFLRfy22_Z1mhJsYVXJFYvj6I7LG4Zamg.jpg (716x767, 92K)

Sony teaches their fans to hate their own exclusives, which is why they get a pass for killing/ruining their franchises.
>"Why doesn't Sony have memorable mascots?" retard who praises nu God of War's writing

well, obviously you thought wrong. maybe you should stop listening to shitposters :^)

If snoys are going to get even less games then their console really is dead
They already had only two games that mattered, Bloodborne and RDR2

>Sony wants fewer, bigger games
>Hopes to prop up their next console with 3rd party
>meanwhile Amazon and Google are coming to do the same thing and split their audience up
Big Yikes. Sony gonna go bankrupt this next gen.

>"haha Snoy has no geams!"
>PS4 still outsells Xbone and Switch every year
How do they do it?

To hit quality you have to try repeatedly though. Putting all you've got into one single shot, only marginally increases the chances of quality.

20% chance of greatness eight times over, look much better than 35% chance of greatness, but only twice.

MUH SALES

get the hardware sales out of your brainlet mind. no one is buying their software outside of recent stuff like Horizon, Spiderman and GoW and multiplats typically do better elsewhere. Remember when the PS4 launched and NO ONE was buying their exclusives? The Rachet and Clank reboot sucked, Uncharted 4 undersold, Infamous Second Son was bad, Knack is Knack, Bloodborne underperformed, Gravity Rush tanked, it's only when you banked on nostalgia (GoW, Spiderman) when you got people to give a fuck.

>but Horizon

was marketed to death along BOTW and was released in a period of drought for sony titles.

i kind of thought that's what they were doing already

>S*ny
>games

Yeah okay. More like VR shit and interactive movie experiences where you walk around.

Attached: 33979c402223dd81124f4bd49d263b4a.jpg (500x483, 33K)

because all the most popular games are multiplats and the amount of exclusives a console has doesn't matter to normalfags, who are the majority of sales

so essentially they developed All Stars to prove how much they crutched on third parties.

>sales dont matter!
haha, I've had the displeasure of owning a jaguar as my first console (selling it for a technically inferior psx, but having 100 times the fun), so I know that sales matter.

How's the wii u investment btw? Had your money's worth?

Good one user
Based and also cute

Attached: lol.gif (344x426, 714K)

>multiplats typically do better elsewhere.
Multiplats sell better on ps4 80% of the time

HARDWARE sales

show me those Bloodborne attach rates. 80 million people own a PS4 and yet only a tenth of the install base buy games for it that aren't sports, COD or whatever the gamestop shill recommends

We want the Cecil B. DeMille audience.

What should be the next father/child qte game

14% of statistics are also known to be made up on the spot

first of all: this headline will always be misleading clickbait no matter how many times you spam it.
second of all: when you have all the third-party support, you have the luxury to take more time on making exclusives. in contrast, what's nintendo's excuse for having year-long game droughts on a regular basis with absolutely nothing to fill the void? 2018 was awful for the switch until smash finally came out in december.

Would you support no movie games? Be honest, people just care about the name.

Oh wait I now read the rest of your post. you are actually postulating the ps4 doesn't sell exclusives as much as .. nintendo? It's about the third parties you stupid sucker. That's why nintendo lost every gen after the SNES. sony just didn't fuck them as hard and POOF off they went. Nintensoy never recovered.

sony first parties are mostly showcases and system sellers, a combination of the two. Take wipeout for example. Nobody buys that shit, (except me ofc), but it looks GREATT in stores, 90s movies, et cetera. Now compare that to fucking mario. You want that in your 90s hacker movie? Ofcourse not, gay crap.

Attached: Newmansreaction.gif (229x176, 987K)

56% of people know this.

So Knack 3 confirmed?

>Uncharted 4 undersold
?
>Bloodborne underperformed
Except Sony themselves said it exceeded expectations
>Gravity Rush tanked
If it tanked how come it got a sequel?

>was marketed to death along BOTW
what
>and was released in a period of drought for sony titles.
Except most people were hyped to play Nier even if it was coming to PC

Seriously what's the beef with this site and Sony?

>muh attach rates
you mean attach rates to a library which is easily 10 times BIGGER BECAUSE THIRD PARTIES LOVE IT SO MUCH?

Are you born stupid, or just trying really hard?

Attached: park.gif (336x335, 2.56M)

higher NEET population

The game was so bad for so many reasons, they made their characters look even worse and misrepresented some series.
You know you fucked up when you can't even make Parappa look not-awful.

>major story driven games are system sellers
Bullshit, fifa and rockstar games are what sell 95% of systems. Your system can be easily replaced by PC or xbox and this shitty decision to make LESS exclusives only makes it more replaceable.

>Except Sony themselves said it exceeded expectations

they expected it to just as good as mainline Dark Souls titles. It didn't

>Seriously what's the beef with this site and Sony?
>implying it's only with sony
Nintendofags are obsessed with the company (in a Sonic autistic way) so they shit on games that won't come to their console, they tried to stop Resident2Remake threads, everyday they open 50 threads about how KH3 raped their mother and they are now trying to shit on DMC5.

It sold more than DS3 did on PS4

no you just seem upset that people only buy your console to be a netflix, Fortnite and Fifa machine.

God, it gets funnier to watch you ingrates bitch and moan about the companies that own you fucking you over with every year.

Attached: 1550119495794.jpg (447x750, 51K)

>It's not faaaaair WAAAAAH

Oh you mean the third party devs that outright hate nintendo for being jews are important to consoles? Yup, true. Sony knew this with psx, nintendo never changed. I'm surprised they aren't bankrupt yet. Guess they can sell more cardboard to their Mcdonalds'ed fanbase.

>game library fucking huge
>WAAAAH PEOPLE JUST WATCH NETFLIX!
market dictates that unless you sell your shit, there's no real incentive to create new shit. So either you're lying or super-delusional.
It's pretty basic if/then logic man. If nobody gamed on the ps4, then how come the psn income of sony is bigger than everything MS and nintendo earn combined?

>muh sales
>gets even less games than they did before

wow imagine that

its almost as if hardware sales don't mean fucking shit

Imagine having to lie on the internet only to get told
thenerdstash.com/bloodborne-sales-exceed-sonys-expectations/
>“It did surprise us, We had expectations to do well. We looked at the Souls series as a frame of reference, and we thought we could do better than that. We did – and then some. Relative to some of our sister territories, we were being quite ambitious, but even that proved to be conservative. I think Bloodborne might have just landed just at the right time; it was a relatively quiet time, it was a very high quality title and a great platform differentiator for us. We were caught a little bit behind in terms of the volume, but we were able to chase it and maximise its potential.”

>Seriously what's the beef with this site and Sony?

The ones losing the "console war" for like 2 gens tend to be the most vocal.

He said bigger, not higher quality.

I didn’t even mention nintendo once, you child. But at least people come to nintendo for the exclusives. People buy a PS4 because it’s cheaper than an xbox and it can play fifa.

>He also hinted that Sony's ready to buy up other game makers as it looks to expand the types of games it makes
Have you tried reading the article yourself?

>all the mental gymnastics Yea Forums does to avoid the fact that the PS4 is outselling the Xbone and Switch and is edging closer to 100 million units sold and nearly 900 million games sold

>tfw PC + Switch masterrace
>don't have to deal with snoy's harmful agendas anymore
>get good games all year long

Attached: 1546548985624.png (570x533, 8K)

imagine being such an angry snoy that you literally type “WAAAAAH” every post

This.

and exclusives, it's just that they have much more things to choose from than the occasional 1-2 releases on switch (or a shitty port from doom that barely works).

I mean look at how pathetic they are. They had like what, 1 release last year? Ocotpath whatever indieshit I'd 100% ignore if it showed up on my steam list? The shilling ahead of release was also hilarious to watch. Enjoy your pixelshit breh.

Attached: switch pure.jpg (1269x721, 229K)

based

>he also damage controlled

fixed that for you

friendly reminder that valve isn't any better. neither is microsoft, nvidia, intel, epic, tencent, blizzard, bethesda, etc.

>bought Tokyo Mirage

>PC + Switch
>getting good games all year long
I think you meant "getting good games once or twice a year".

Attached: CKUjN9PXAAAn6jU.jpg (504x336, 31K)

>AA titles
>BB2
Are you retarded?

That's not a bad idea, he doesn't want the PS name to be associated with oscar bait, over the shoulder, cinematic AAA games. The PS2 had a much better selection of low budget titles and it worked well.

>PC + Switch
An oxymoron given Switch can be emulated

The implication here is that fewer bigger games gives them the chance to make a lot more smaller games, retards.

Obsessed.

Attached: game of the year.jpg (1499x1323, 541K)

What games xbox have? You can just have a pc

>lel ps4 has no games! hurray for streaming!

>he also damage controlled
Like you're doing right now?

>Snoyboys honestly believe in a 'trickle down' effect where if their plebstation sells hundreds of millions of consoles they'll actually get good games and not derivative aaa multiplat garbage and more cinematic third person action adventure games

that's how dumb they are

But I like cinematic action games.

Cinematic shit over enjoyable games like Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Dark Cloud, Freedom Wars, Resistance.

What do you consider to be "good games"? Indie 8-bit gay romance games? Mario and Zelda? Truck driving simulators?

AA isn't sustainable anymore. People simply don't buy them.
If you love them so much where were you when i bought Gravity Rush 2 day one?
Fuck outta here with your crocodile tears bitch.

Can you tell me the lotto numbers Mr Time Traveler?

>Quality
>Sony
>Quantity
>Sony

the ps4 literally has 1 game. and its not even made by sony.

>sonegroids have no games
>so the executives fix that by making even lesser games
Next gen they will just start making games xbox exclusive at this rate.

This post is so wrong but im going to humor you
>and its not even made by sony.
Its made by Studio Japan which its Sony property

DELETE THIS!

Attached: 1449449712465.png (978x972, 397K)

GOW is like old Soul Reaver and Horizon is fun. TLOU was always more about stealth. You have Gravity Rush that I bet you didn't support
Tell me: which games pre-ps4 did you buy?

>ratchet, sly, ape escape, jak
Good desu

Never saw the appeal in those shit imitations.

So they want to make good games and keep them hostage on the niggerstation. Like Bloodborne.

you are a cherry picking cocksucker.

Nier Automata, Persona 5, Ni-Oh, Yakuza are all AA games as well and were highly successful.

>More than 50.7 million PS4 games were sold through globally during the 2018 holiday season, which sums up to 876 million PS4 games cumulatively sold through worldwide as of December 31, 2018
What the fuck, I thought the PS4 had no games?

Being a Boomer I, for one; welcome my new visual novel overlords

interracial lesbian kiss

What imitations?

>

>tfw there are zero announced Sony exclusives you're looking forward too.

Attached: 1524761662646.jpg (1305x1265, 207K)

>niggerstation

Attached: 1515932791222.jpg (395x401, 59K)

don't you enjoy third person cinematic action adventure games

Gravity Rush 3!?...

Attached: 1532871573428.jpg (414x884, 92K)

Sony winning this generation has broken Yea ForumstendoGaf.

Attached: sony won.jpg (196x251, 13K)

50.6 million fifa and madden sales. Its the platform of choice for niggers.

God of War is great.

Its sales are even higher now.
sie.com/en/corporate/release/2019/190108.html

Why? People complain a lot and then don't buy the games.

>Its the platform of choice for niggers
So America's favorite?

bigger doesent mean better

>Cherrypicked examples

Nice try snoykuck

Sshhh they may need to lie again about the story they didn't even understand despite being so simple

If you can't tell what the difference is then you are delusional.

Everyone other than Japanese people are niggers, user.

sucks to be you, i guess. i'm hyped for pic related, judgment, and trails of cold steel 3.

Attached: medievil.jpg (1000x562, 85K)

Astro Bot is better than half of the switch catalogue.

>We want less Undertale games to produce more RDR2 games

I dont know why some people complain

Guess that explains why Sony has been BTFO'ing Starbreeze by cancelling the preorder of their walking dead game despite the publisher and developers still working on it.

Attached: ZYDSFRvg.jpg (728x1371, 67K)

I want them to make a new Siren with that technology they used for ps2 games, those games were pretty great

Attached: 454d5c8fa1382c07f387d9b78b71199d.jpg.a410e1862a6e3f9e34197d2b09396c96.jpg (591x405, 47K)

>a new Walking Dead game
Why? That bandwagon fell apart years ago.

now wait a goddamn minute. weren't you the guys bragging about having over 3000 games on systems like PS2? I also recall you people arguing against the quality over quantity thing when Nintendo fans pointed that out for N64

>I also recall you people arguing against the quality over quantity thing when Nintendo fans pointed that out for N64
the n64 had very little of either.

Not him but ps2 had also quantity and games for literally everyone. I loved N64 too of course

>Sony pursing shitty movie studio tentpole model
>everyone else pushing games as a service bullshit
>tfw it's all fucked

Attached: 1550855129101.png (800x996, 512K)

why does he wear a rubber band?

I want you to right click, inspect element, and double click on the text in the box that comes up

So he can shoot paperclips at niggers.

and now what retard? a highlighted formation text? so?

I see your point, but they haven't exactly churning them out. If they want to make less than they are making now, the PS5 is a lost cause.

See
They had the most exclusives and the highest scoring exclusives last year. Your fan fiction won't change that fact.

Sony won.

I mean when you look at the numbers it's obvious that people flock to the PS4 whether it has games or not. No point in wasting resources making games when your users are sheep.

>retards
Reading comprehension, please. That or simply learn English.
He isn't saying "fewer bigger games", he is saying "fewer, bigger games" which means something else entirely.

You'll notice that some of the text in the box that pops up matches the text on the page
double click the text in that box, change it, then press enter

What games did Sony even make in the last few years? In 2018 they had GOW and Spiderman. In 2017 Horizon and TLG maybe? In 2016 Uncharted 4. Surely I'm forgetting something right?

absolutely based

>all the useless studios that produce a forgettable shooter or movie game once every ten years are getting the axe
this is a good thing

See
Those weren't even all the exclusives from last year.

Sony is focusing on quality and investing in more games. This is a good thing.

Nice.

Is this even a good business decision? They are not going to ask for more than 60 bucks on the games, is it worth it to just pump all their money on just a few games?

>snoyboys call nintendo fans they cant handle criticism
>snoyboys say its jealousy when snoy is called out
Which is it then?

So basically they just want to make AAA trash cause that's what sells and Sony lacks any soul to allocate even an fraction of that budget towards fun low budget games anymore cause that money could be better spent advertising Lesbian Zombie Adventures: This Time It's Not Just Fungus. Consider me not interested in the Playstation brand anymore.

Attached: 1547531795158.jpg (442x442, 27K)

I love how the Snoy fandom chooses what's relevant and whats not relevant

Attached: nztallyvnfrxjm7syzbp.png (800x345, 303K)

Obsessed.

Cope.

>actually wanting a company to pump out shitty unfinished games, one after the other

No thank you I already hate Valve for allowing this on Steam

Attached: 1550843282690.png (506x390, 224K)

Yea ForumstendoGaf will spin any Sony news into bad news even if it's good.

Seriously, what is up with TLoU2? In fact, why is there a sequel when the first one ended on such a high point.

Attached: PS4Wojak1.png (960x720, 49K)

So can you answer my question? You posted 2 Sony exclusive and Tetris. Also why are you bringing up Nintendo exactly?

Oh yeah Sony made so many games lately, like..........

>Sony barely has any games
>give examples of games
>those don't count

Every time.

People demanded a sequel when there didn’t need to be one.

Honestly I’d rather it go backward than forward. The chaos in the intervening decades sounds a lot more interesting that forcing 2 characters with completed arcs go through another story for no reason.

Joel is legitimately a fascinating and well done video game protagonist. He’s likeable and friendly but he’s also a violent, selfish nutjob and TLOU is one of the few major AAA games to acknowledge how terrifying and inhuman such a person would be like when they’re not getting their way.

First game made so much money that the temptation to double dip with a sequel was too strong to ignore.

Dreams is one of the best and most ambitious games ever created. Not fully out yet but Beta was incredible.

List the games worth playing that are unique to the PS4 that aren't Bloodborne.

Attached: flat,300x400,075,f-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1.jpg (300x373, 22K)

Uhh... SHUT UP!! NAME ONE SWITCH GAME I'LL WAIT!!!

Attached: bros.png (633x900, 140K)

Thought so.

Dreams and tetris effect (Or is Tetris on Pc too? IDK)

Don't care about the Switch. Nintendo a shit. PS4 games that ain't Bloodborne that are good please.

Oh yes its really better to have less options, just look at the reviews of the game, Mad Combat Marines is shovelware shit and it's still more fun than anything on the PS4

>Snoy
>quality

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

Attached: joker.jpg (486x592, 260K)

Isn't dreams just a worse Garry's Mod or someshit?

Four, one being Tetris? Is the bar that low?

Attached: wow1.jpg (500x468, 79K)

>Is the bar that low?
Tetris its more fun than 99% of games today

>hurr the ps4 only has Bloodborne
Oh really? Could've sworn I just played Bloodborne. And occasionally I still pop in Bloodborne or Bloodborne.

Some of my ps4 friends play Bloodborne but it's not quite my jam.

No no no.
Its essentially a full 3d sculpting software, animation, DAW (music/sound production software), game engine etc. all packed into one.
Way beyond anything else like Gmod or Little big planet.
I would seriously suggest everyone who reads this to look into Dreams more.
People don't seem to understand just how crazy ambitious it is.

Gravity Rush

PS4 games are fucking boring and they all look the same.

AA is a meme

Okay so it's Gmod then, Gmod is more than Prop Hunt and Dark Rp

It was funded and published by Studio Japan. It wasn't developed by them.

Arma 3 is AA, are you hatin

>It was funded and published by Studio Japan
Co-developed

>want to play astro bot pretty badly
>don't want to invest in a meme VR machine

Can't wait for Capcom to copy this one and all the stupid dipshits to pretend it's revolutionary.

Don't bother, with PS4Fags it's just like when the British say "God bless the queen" vs "curses that parliament" whenever a PS4 game is good its "all hail sony" and when it's bad its "______ is a shitty developer I hope Sony doesn't work with then again"

Sounds like Nintendofags to me

There's a reason you're so obsessed with the PS4. It has the best games.

No, maybe actually read instead of just replying with some bullshit trying to act superior.
It is NOT Gmod
Gmod does not have sculpting tools, does not have a fully featured DAW and is just not as well polished or good to use.
Stuff made in the Dreams beta is already more impressive than what has been made in Gmod.

>the ps4 literally has 1 game
But I played more than 1 game on PS4. How is this possible?

sony got many games

Having a cinematic TPS with ugly af character models is okay when Japan does it.

I will follow Bloodborne and Ni-Oh anywhere, even if the next ones are for the fucking NGage

But PS4 literally has 1 game?

Okay so it's like Unity 3D then? Who the hell wants to use an analog stick to adjust a slider?

Less big games means more smaller games so that's good.

I'm not obsessed with the PS4 at all I think it's the worst console unless you like movies, paying for free games? They release games that run at 30fps which is unacceptable, and theres like 16k less games on the PS4

No it says the opposite

Really? What about Dead Space, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, Parasite Eve?

Tetris is on Gameboy you chucklefuck, it doesn't count

All those games are dead.

>The return of No Gaems

I feel oddly nostalgic.

Why Resident Evil 7 exists? And REmake 3 is on the way? And why the other games had sequels if they weren't profitable?

Attached: 1550851744420.png (633x874, 56K)

>Bigger game
>Quality
Reminder that BB is a AA game made a small studio that got a luck streak and managed to grow a bit
The PS4 (and the industry in general) have no good AAA games anymore.

>they are still alive but only because they copy shitty western games to stay relevant

Attached: 1549054629936.png (645x773, 108K)

God of War, Spoodermon, Uncharted 4/The lost Legacy, Horizon

Bloodborne is aaa game made by a big studio with some help from a smaller studio

All shit. Try again.

Not an argument

Cool, another game for me to ignore and not buy.

vocaroo.com/i/s1a1bfSt3IWi

Attached: 1550245755548.png (533x400, 384K)

>”list games worth playing”
>lists shit
>gets called out for listing shit
>”no argument sweaty!!1”
snoyfags are truly beyond hope

Nah it's all good

That's your subjective opinion. I think they are worth playing. Gran Turismo, Ratchet, Gravity Rush, Infamous, Wipeout.

Again dont reply if you dont know what you are talking about.
Unity doesnt have 3d sculpture or Music creation.
Dreams is a "Creative suite" with overall more potential than anything else (as it can do more types of stuff than anything eles whilst still being fully featured and in depth)

Attached: 1516319620094.png (948x782, 269K)

>list good games
>i dont like those because i said so
>thinks this is an argument
Sad!

Horizon is Farcry Clone garbage.
Utter wank.
At least the other whilst pretty shit gameplay wise were technically impressive

FROM was borderline indie studios until they made DeS
From there, they started growing, but they still havent made any super production. BB probably had the same budget as Ds2 and 3, but with a tighter directing and smaller, scope, they managed to make it more polished. It sold about 3Mi and yet was considered a success by the devs, roughly on the same level of Automata, another game that managed to bring some profit thanks to the low budged cost.

I agree neckbeard buying Labo for themselves i pathetic but Labo is self is genius and overall a good product for kids.

>”list games worth playing”
>T-t-those games don't count
>gets called out for having shit taste
You can't be helped

You didn't present any argument though, just your opinion. All of those games have great scores by the users so you can't even say it's paid reviews.

>but Labo is self is genius
making toys out of cardboard has been done for ages
>a good product for kids.
you clearly dont know what kids like

>From was borderline indie studios until they made DeS
Retard

>we need to double down on AAA trash

Without memeing Horizon one of the best looking games on the market currently and runs very consistently with no framerate drops on a 2013 toaster which is very impressive technically. And I wonder how it's a clone of Far Cry? Are you here really just to pretend to be retarded?

A AAA game is a game produced and distributed by a mid size or major publisher
>Horizon is Farcry Clone garbage.
Explain how
>At least the other whilst pretty shit gameplay wise were technically impressive
that's you're opinion and a very shit one at that

I do know what kids like, I make educational games for a living.
Yes making things with cardboard has been done for ages but combining that with videogames and seeing what they made come to life is something different.
Also it isnt even neccesarily about what kids "like" it's a great educational tool in learning engineering and the basics of programming.

So they want to make an N64?

Is it on PS4? That CPU and GPU and lack of ram don't seem ideal for multimedia development

Crysis 1 still looks better it's like 10 years older

>$0.25 has been deposited into your Snoybux account

literally seething over sony, get a life

Only other one I own is Gravity Rush 2

i wont buy censorstation 5 anyway

Says the guy vehemently defending a multibillion dollar corporation. Keep drinking that kool aid, goy.

>fewer
even less than zero? minus? are they going to make games for nintendo and microsoft?

Who said i was defending it? Seems like your hatred for a company its making you delusional

Fuck you nigger. The n64 had at least 10 absolute kino games. Even the best game of all time by the press.

>Even the best game of all time by the press.
lol

Yeah, horribly. You might as well say PS4 is obsolete because of PSNow.

what the fuck does this even mean? to me, it seems like it's a good thing and they're saying that they'll stop hiring so many studios

The budget for the Souls games were really small and From was never a large studio.

It's a "user only read the headline" episode

Attached: 1532637031796.jpg (600x630, 31K)

>Explain how
He literally can't. He has no braincells

bored**

>AstroBot: Rescue mission
wow

Attached: 2078655D-8DBF-4F8D-868F-7094421E5D4E.jpg (1920x1080, 611K)

No im pretty sure they are scared, otherwise people who hate sony wouldnt make so many threads like these

>Dreams
Not a game.

>Tetris Effect
Made obsolete by Tetris 99.

I love Ratchet and honestly considering everything they've done with that franchise after Crack in Time, i'd rather they just keep him dead.

>not a game
Mario Maker its not a game either then
>obsolete
Next tetris game will make 99 obsolete then

As long as they're not shooters I'm thrilled.

Attached: smug anime girl_13.jpg (482x482, 43K)

so instead of one town we'll have two towns in next spiderman. sounds like a really smart way to go.

>Playstation 2019+
>Quality
Enjoy your $60 cinematic, empty open-world third person over the shoulder, political statement that has 20+ hours of cut-scenes for a game with only 40 hours of content at absolute best padded with "wait for someone to drop the rope" climbing shit, runs at a silky smooth 30 fps for the 4k textures you won't fucking use, written by a bunch of close-minded Californian art majors that will focus on some bullshit relationship to pull at heart-strings rather than be nuanced game that ends on sequel bait or doesn't but will get a sequel anyways. Don't forget to get the season pass where you can get even more cuttscenes and little to no change in game-play!

Attached: 1523198074073.jpg (683x797, 175K)

how can a man see the competition doing bad and decides to follow their example?, im sure this fucker is doing an inside job

GoW literally had none of that outside the third person and even then that's 90% of games

>>GoW literally had none of that
>No climbing shit yet the boy does that shit occasionally
>Not written about relationships except it's clearly about Kratos getting along with his son after the mother passes, literally ends with prophesizing Kratos' death along with the kid being loki and ragnarok is about to start.
You're right, it had none of that shit.

I mean previous games also dealt with Kratos relationship with his dead family so...complaining about family issues plotlines in GOW its like complaining about Mario games where you save Peach

But they do?

Wow, 80 different single player 3rd person movies. So fun

Retard

The endgame of invasive, predatory monetization schemes in console space is to release massive "cinematic" experiences with gameplay systems that are sold for cost.

Consider Anthem:

>release huge open world for 60 bucks
>base game is just you flying around and interacting with NPCs
>to be able to use your weapons, its $1.99
>to be able to use your abilities, its $1.99
>to be able to unlock the ability to combo abilities together for maximum damage its $0.99
>to be able to fly around longer is $0.99
>to be able to unlock higher fidelity settings is $0.99
>to be able to have more than 2 people in your party is $1.99
>to be able to access the main story $1.99
>to be able to access major side quests that may tie back into the main story for some additional context or resolution in the ending $1.99
>to be able to have a text chat in-game $1.99
>to be able to ping on in contextual and meaningful ways $1.99
>to be able to have a useful inventory system that you can organize, triage, interface with in-game economies; trade, etc. $4.99
>to be able to access bonus dungeons after end-game $4.99

Look at where we were a decade ago with monetization in games and look at where we are today. Look at the industry bitching about how "expensive" it is to develop games with their absurdly bloated marketing budgets that go hand in hand with development.

Then you have faggots like this who wants fewer, bigger PS games; which makes no sense because most games barely last 8-12 hours maybe 40 hours max--when games 10 years ago nearly across the board averaged 15-20 hours minimum and could into the several HUNDRED hours of playtime to get to like 80-90% completion and absolute autism levels of time for 100% completion. Games are already small to begin with and keep getting smaller and smaller as publishers look for more and more ways to lock away content behind paywalls to boost their absurd growth requirements; "oh you made $1.65Bn in Q4? Fire 800 people; not good enough."

It was never the main focus because they were dead, it got brought up time to time but it was always about Kratos dealing with god bullshit foremost with his family serving mostly as a backstory and with them being dead not much can be done with them. In ghost of sparda he has a moment with his daughter but the moment passes.in GoW(ps4) Kratos doesn't give a fuck about the Nordic gods and just wants to honor his dead lover's wishes.

Yes the guy who said Dreams is not a game is a retard

>what's the beef with this site and Sony?
They used to make great and original games but now it's all about those shitty cinematic experience that try their hardest to look and feel like hollywood flicks while having extremely simple and unoriginal gameplay.
This shit means that even the few original games such as BB will be even more scarce just to push this crap even more.

>when games 10 years ago nearly across the board averaged 15-20 hours minimum
What is this rose tinted glasses shit?
>nto the several HUNDRED hours of playtime to get to like 80-90% completion and absolute autism levels of time for 100% completion
What the fuck
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=1705
>Chrono Trigger average playthrough its 26 hours
>100% completion its 46

Back in the day that's how it was. You weren't buying 100s of games like today because they cost a lot before the age of bundles and steam sales. You bought a game or two and played them 1000 times. If you can give me games like that again I'm fine with it.

>This shit means that even the few original games such as BB will be even more scarce just to push this crap even more.
Except if you read the article (which probably no one did) it said they are willing to buy more studios like Microsoft its doing to expand their catalog of genres

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about

You're not in the corporate mindset

The issue is that it's not quality over quantity it's revenue over quantity.
You're getting games designed by corporate committees, games designed to play it safe and go for maximum profit instead of games which innovate or take any risks.
I actually enjoy some of Sony's heavy hitting recent games but the problem with them is they are all so similar. Sony's big franchises right now: TLoU, God of War, Horizon, they are the video game equivalent of oscar bait.

You could make the argument that having fewer, well received games is better but there was a shitload more innovation, more true gems which stand the test of time when, rather than studios pumping out games with $200m+ budgets there were dozens of smaller devs making games which were innovative or new IPs.

The AAA video game industry is turning into what happened with films. The highest grossing films are all Marvel movies or sequels, all made by one or two huge studios and it fucking SUCKS.

Attached: black_lex_luthor.jpg (321x306, 14K)

Sure thing kid. Go back to practicing your floss.

>no u

one thing is true and thats that sony found a winning formula that they can repeat over and over and just make more money every time
is the third person over the shoulder cinematic game the video game version of capeshit?

who are you quoting?

And this is why everyone hates Sony

>Sony wants to do something aside from 3rd person adventure games
>OMG SONY IS SUCH CANCER
And this is why everyone hates Yea Forums

>>Sony wants to do something aside from 3rd person adventure games
>instead of making something aside from 3rd person adventure games they buy a studio to make one game, and then either kill the IP or make it into a 3rd person adventure game

Can i borrow your time machine user?

>Halo 3
Co-Op 34 25h 48m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4263

>Star Ocean III
Main + Extras 47 96h 02m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9048

>Final Fantasy X/X-2
Main + Extras 34 77h 17m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=16449

>Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Main + Extras 81 15h 39m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10476

>Ninja Gaiden II
Main + Extras 16 18h 46m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=6626

>Valkyria Chronicles
Main + Extras 207 39h 56m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10876

>Tales of Xillia
Main + Extras 203 52h 41m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9610

>Kingdom Hearts II
Main + Extras 174 43h 29m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5043

>Metal Gear Solid 3
Main + Extras 143 19h 42m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5913

>Bully
Main + Extras 57 20h 52m

Source: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=1386

Attached: 005.jpg (822x1200, 181K)

So zero games? It's the only way to get fewer than one.

>and thats a good thing!
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Interactive_Entertainment

Expand Software developement studios. Then expand Owned franchises and properties.

Sony is absolute cancer to the industry.

Still a lot of them arent HUNDREDS of hours to 100$ complete like the user said
Even the main game is not 10-20 hours minimum either
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10035
OoT its considered the best game ever and its less than 40 hours to play to completion

>Sony has a lot of franchises they own but dont use that means they are bad!
Well if Sony is cancer then Nintendo its literally the spawn of Hitler and Satan since i havent seen neither a Eternal Darkness or F-Zero game since the GC days

Dreams is a game too.
It will have a full campaign made entirely in game (Models, effects, logic, cutscenes,music etc.)

1. "when games 10 years ago nearly across the board averaged 15-20 hours minimum"

>averaged
>15-20 hours
>minimum

>AVERAGED
>MINIMUM

2. "and could into the several HUNDRED hours of playtime to get to like 80-90% completion and absolute autism levels of time for 100% completion."

>could
>hundreds of hours
>80-90% completion

>COULD

Attached: 1508281303844.gif (250x250, 847K)

>well yeah that's bad but isn't other thing just as bad?
You used a whataboutism but you failed when the thing you were comparing to wasn't anywhere close to ballpark range

Its limited comparetivley but still super powerful. Media Molecule have some of the best brains in the industry (Alex Evans and Mark Healey) so they have managed to utilise ps4 very well.

>averaged
yet some of the games you posted were less than, I mean the original RE can be beaten in less than 10 hours and complete both paths in less than 20
>could
Yet most of the time it was padding like collecting items or events like a lot of old JPRGs did

Your argument was 'why Sony doesnt make a sequel to literally every IP they own' which doesnt make sense since most of the times devs decide end the franchise on their own accord and to bring it back without the original talent that made said franchise would most likely end up in a disservice to the fans

>'why Sony doesnt make a sequel to literally every IP they own'
Why would you put something in quotes that I never said?

Horizon surpassed 7.6 million sales as of a year ago. If thats being marked for death against BOTW, you're just making it look more impressive

If you dont just want AAA God of War,tLoU etc. Shit from Sony Buy Dreams when it comes out.

Then i dont get what you were getting at when you pointed me at the IPs Sony owns

You should first learn if you and Sony have the same idea of what qualifies as quality.

Im not looking that up.

The guy who made up that headline surely knew what he was doing. People still talking about a made up quote ten days later.

>putting all eggs in same basket.

Thats really fucking stupid since AAA games are either make or break. But those retards can get away with this because they have ton of niggers buying fifa or cod anyway.

Not a single game I posted was less than 15 hours. Now you're just lying. Also, I love how story events and side-quests is padding now. What a fucking world that you're dismissing gameplay as pointless.

Why is this thread full of angry Nincels? Not like the Switch has any fucking games.

>expecting people to read the article
This board is mostly full of College dropouts and general retards that worship Nintendo.

>We only want to make three 10-hour story-games that cost $100 million per generation
>Third parties will fill out our library with other story-games and vehicles for microtransactions

Why does PlayStation cater to the worst extremes of both ends of the vidya spectrum? Its ether something that may as well be a movie for how little agency the player has or a literal vehicle for loot crates or DLC.

>Look at where we were a decade ago with monetization in games and look at where we are today
We went from having complete, full games sold at retail to having vehicles/platforms for post-purchase content sales in about 15 years.

The way games make money is changing, so games will change with it. Games now make as much or more money through post-purchase content sales, like DLC or loot crates. You don't make money by producing a complete game and selling it for $60 anymore, you make 10 times as much making an online-only, multiplayer-only platform for DLC/loot crates with bare-bones content and manipulative gameplay loops similar to what we see in mobile pay-to-not-wait games. The gameplay loops revolve around earning some kind of currency to unlock more content or items while the game offers said currency in exchange for actual money and is designed in such a way to stimulate the urge to spend real money in the most-vulnerable "whale" customers.

tl;dr: Games aren't made to be games anymore, they're platforms for DLC/loot crates because it makes a lot more money.

Attached: 20100419-picard-facepalm.jpg (921x606, 25K)

>Story events
>gameplay
Pick one.

Sorry, slowly walking down a hallway while exposition is spouted at the player is not gameplay. Holding forward to automatically jump and perform a complex series of actions is not good gameplay.

Honestly, I want to meet someone like you in person and to hear you say this with a straight face. You type like a fucking retard.

> while having extremely simple and unoriginal gameplay.
What recent, exclusive games have been better than last years GOTY that feature more original and complex gameplay?

>Holding forward to automatically jump and perform a complex series of actions is not good gameplay.
Are we talking about Zelda?
Zelda is pretty cinematic.

>QTEs
>Endless slow down/slow mo
>Garbage tier combat thats more simple than basic action games

Shit, it even has cutscenes and voice acting.

Attached: 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.46M)

>Zelda is pretty cinematic.
I know you're just shitposting but have a reply anyway

Attached: 932-derp-sheen.jpg (401x373, 81K)

that's right, zelda is trash

>REEE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY REEEEE

Okay, thats like saying your mothers womb is a gay bar because it had a faggot child in it once.

>well be a movie for how little agency the player has or a literal vehicle for loot crates or DLC.
I'm confused, did anyone play God of War? It was their biggest title last year, has no DLC or loot crates, played great like a fucking awesome adventure game, had great combat, and people were bitching about it being too hard.

It's almost like people like you dont even play the games you speak of and think Nintendo is the only one making "games" when they are as shallow as Indie titles.

That's not how this industry works at all. There is no trade-off here. You were never going to get quality, now you aren't going to be getting quantity either (not that Sony has a reputation for quantity).

How is it not? It even has worse combat than God of War.

the combat was fuckin trash, even the basic button mashers on the PS2 were more engaging
but yeah it didn't offend me as a product. It sucked, but not because of the way it was sold.

>You were never going to get quality
It's amazing how absolute you are over games that literally gain universal praise and sell amazingly well, that you happen to be part of the TINY group thats always right because it doesn't define your tastes.

>even the basic button mashers on the PS2 were more engaging
Like which ones?

Objectively speaking, what was wrong with the combat? Post PSN profile too so we can see you beat the game.

I wouldn't say it had "great combat", and having no DLC or loot boxes is not an achievement and never should be.

GoW didn't look bad it was just kind of "there" and didn't play like previous titles. I won't call it a movie-game but it most certainly has more of a focus on presentation and narrative than previous GoW titles and the gameplay was also dumbed-down.

>and having no DLC or loot boxes is not an achievement and never should be.
But this was literally the point of your entire argument.

>I wouldn't say it had "great combat"
What recent adventure oriented game has better combat?

>it most certainly has more of a focus on presentation and narrative
It had literally the same, GOW was always a technical powerhouse

> the gameplay was also dumbed-down.
It's objectively more complex, what the fuck are you talking about? It literally has more inputs.

>What recent adventure oriented game has better combat?
Zelda

You have to fight more than one thing sometimes AND you can jump!

Amazing.

Attached: 131.webm (853x480, 2.98M)

complexity and depth are not the same thing

MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN!

HEHEHE I POSTED IT AGAIN!
Fucking faggots, and OP is a phoneposter with an iPhone (double faggot!)

>sony
>quality

Are you seriously telling me that GoW 2018 has great combat compared to something like Devil May Cry, God Hand, or even the Souls games? It only ever even approaches depth on the highest difficulty settings and those are more tedious and bullshit than anything,

They are literally used the same way in this case.
Are you suggesting the old games have MORE combo potential? They quite literally have less moves than the new game.

>It's amazing how absolute you are over games that literally gain universal praise and sell amazingly well, that you happen to be part of the TINY group thats always right because it doesn't define your tastes.

This line of reasoning means you are defending gachashit mobile games with uninspired gameplay that rake in billions just by having a built-in monetized gambling system that hooks people.
Your position is stupid and indefensible. The type of games you are defending with your stupid comment are the absolute opposite of "quality" in every sense. Being able to generate revenue or help your dad pass the time while he's squeezing out a turd is not a valid metric to define "quality."

>like Devil May Cry, God Hand, or even the Souls games?
No, Yes since God Hand literally uses the same style, and Yes, since Souls is about weapon variety and stamina management, it doesnt have good combat. It's an RPG before anything else.

And again, only Dark Souls is even an adventure game.

It sounds like he wants to make more games just not AAA, that money could go into making 2 aa games.

>Look Mom I posted it again
Feeling scared, Xniggie?

>This line of reasoning means you are defending gachashit mobile
No, this just means you are pointing to extremities to prove a invalid point. What does a gacha game have to do with an action title?

>The type of games you are defending with your stupid comment are the absolute opposite of "quality" in every sense
I can assure you I've played more games than you have, and God of War is fantastic. Again, can you prove you played at the very least?

>The type of games you are defending with your stupid comment are the absolute opposite of "quality" in every sense
Yikes, there you go away with more misdirection away from the point. Tell you what, let's mic. It's a Friday night, and I can prove to you WHY its a great title. Whats your Skype or Discord?

Eh, it's only great for one playthrough.

>No, this just means you are pointing to extremities to prove a invalid point. What does a gacha game have to do with an action title?
Many of the games I'm referring to have action. Also if you didn't want me to point out the extreme examples that make your retarded comment out to be obviously wrong maybe start by not making stupid claims that are easily refuted?
>I can assure you I've played more games than you have, and God of War is fantastic. Again, can you prove you played at the very least?
Ok for the sake of argument I'll give you God of War, now you've got a good new game, please tell me what this means with regards to the industry-wide decline in quality that has been taking place since 2004 and became noticeable after 2007.
>Yikes, there you go away with more misdirection away from the point.
No, I'm pointing out that your stupid comment acts as a defense of indefensible shit games that you are trying to avoid addressing in your passive-aggressive response.
> It's a Friday night, and I can prove to you WHY its a great title. Whats your Skype or Discord?
That's not how this works. If you want sexual favors go download Grindr.

>That's not how this works. If you want sexual favors go download Grindr.
Oh so you're too scared to have a real conversation? I see. Usually its the massive pussys that can't articulate proper responses and points. Now I just know you are a retarded bitter cunt that is too "shy" to talk to another adult.

When people you know IRL say they don't want to talk to you (I imagine this happens often) do you act like they're the ones with personality problems? I knew an autist that verbally abused a girl who turned him down for a date because he was weird and creepy and you kind of remind me of him.

>R&C is dead
>Jak is dead
>Sly is dead
A-At least we got The Last of (((Us))) 2, right fellas?

Attached: I'm out.gif (295x221, 613K)

Enjoy the same critic bait shit for the next several years

>mother and angst teen daughter on a quest where they bond at the end
>uncle protects his nephew in the lonely wildness after his father died
>little kid with surrogate father who warms up to the kid by the end of the game

Nobody is playing GOW anymore. Nobody cares about Unsharted. Yea Forums hates Horizon. Got anymore? Also nobody actually played Gravity Rush.

At least they won't hold Nioh 2 hostage. I'd rather play it on whatever I want.