What is the point in "role playing"? you make up a character and then pretend to be it...

what is the point in "role playing"? you make up a character and then pretend to be it? How childish do you have to be to enjoy that

redpill me on this incel hobby

Attached: Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg (295x338, 23K)

no, i don't believe you wish to converse in good faith
BEGONE, THOT

you should know there are no woman here

It's call temporary escapism. I don't know if you noticed but the real world is fucking shit drudgery with no reward or recognition and all community, purpose and sense of belonging is being cast into the abyss to make way for the coming globalist slave planet.

/pol/

Role playing is for only the most based of people who don't like taking a written character down their throat like a little cuck soiboi

Why play a game one way when you can play it two ways or, dare i say it, three?

Attached: 1492868565071.jpg (383x349, 32K)

It just means that some people just have more fun than you do, while you spend your time complaining about how video games are dying or whatever. It also has something to do with your cognitive abilities and whether or not you have developed an inner voice.

It's fun to pretend sometimes.

obviously over wise people wouldn't do it. i'm more curious of how any adult can do it without thinking lower of themselves. it's literally just like playing with action figures

Attached: vet1.png (517x344, 269K)

Because it's fun and some people don't have to try every waking moment to be above-it-all

You are on a video game board.
More importantly, your are on Yea Forums.
If you've been here for more than a month, you should know the answer to both questions.

Though for a more innocent take: In games like roguelikes that leave a lot to your imagination, making your own plot up from the events that happen in the game is pretty fun.

>it's literally just like playing with action figures
Right? It's not like you're already playing a children's toy or anything.

Childish enough to be triggered by people having fun and going to a mongolian throat singing board to complain about it.

I've recently started a tabletop DnD-esque game, just for the last couple months.

The part that makes it great for me is that I'm playing the game/story the DM has set up for me, but I still get to go through the fun bits of writing characters and interacting with things the way I want to, and not just run through a rigid predetermined course where I do what the devs wanted me to do.

Basically, I like that there's more freedom in games that accommodate roleplaying. I never pretended that I was someone else when I played NV. If anything, I was glad to be playing a game where I wasn't forced to pretend to be someone else, like in any other game with a prewritten character.

Come to think of it, since RP games let you be yourself, and other games give you characters, it's actually more pathetic not to roleplay. Even if you come up with your character, it's not worse than playing as an imaginary character that someone else came up with.

>playing cod is like playing with toy soldiers
>playing sports games is like playing Foosball

See how retarded you sound?

Roleplaying is fun. Another story other than the one given to you. Hard to explain. It's just fun, but that's just me.

I think it's partially about control. Having so much control over how a story goes and things happening because of you is great fun, especially when there are no, or neglegiable consequences.

Yeah, sometimes you don't want to be the chosen one or the Grand Hero. Maybe you want to be a Tycoon or a wealthy merchant doing shady dealings and lowkey have most of the businesses of the land in your grip.

I just play the game either as myself or make decisions I think will be funny. There is no
>I'm user from shady sand who came out here as an NCR trader and my caravan got attacked by Caesar's legion
That takes autism to a new level

no go play call of dooty

>play games to entertain yourself from everyday life
>I WANNA PLAY AS SOMEONE THAT'S NOT SPECIAL I WANNA BE A RANDO JUST LIKE URL
why

I've never understood people who have to have a self insert to enjoy a game.

I mean, sometimes I wanna play as someone who is a different kind of Special. Like, I'm doing a merchant playthrough in Skyrim and I own most of the businesses in the land and my own Meadery and Merchant Stall. Not the dragonborn but a businessman whose Silver tongue and wit is sharper than the blade he carries. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I never self insert nor do I play as myself in any of the games. It feels awkward, to be honest.

>what is the point in "role playing"? you make up a character and then pretend to be it? How childish do you have to be to enjoy that

it's fun to put yourself in a different body for a while. I think demonizing it is far more childish than keeping an open mind.

>How childish do you have to be to enjoy that

Under 12

Attached: fonv - serious loli rp.jpg (3840x2160, 2.72M)

Ok. Still a little odd, but I've seen more extreme cases. People playing as a former chem addict who finds a new purpose in life in Caesar's legion crosses the line

Caesar's legion? Wouldn't it make sense to join the Khan's or Followers of the Apocalypse instead?
I mean, with my Merchant, I'm having him do all sorts of ways to make money. Skooma lab, Meadery, Real Estate, Invester and Co-owner of businesses and Treasure Hunter. A Jack of all trades in the Business world of Skyrim. Heck, he's so influential that his Jail Cell in whiterun (if he does get arrested) is furnished neatly to be like a nice bed room.
But, I ramble. I understand this stuff isn't your cup of tea and that's okay, friend.

I know when I RP in Fallout...IT'S NEVER THAT. I usually play some DUST and play as some Old man doing some farming to survive and try to look for some survivors to take in. Build a little Camp by Bitter Springs and ration out the food and water every day and go on scavenging runs from time to time.

I just find it odd but yeah its because its not my cup of tea. But then youve probably gotten more hours out of skyrim then i have, so there are some benefits to playing as a character

>All these retards taking the bait
Excellent job, OP. Stay based and redpilled.

Attached: bait.jpg (3000x3000, 368K)

Joke is on you, I'm having fun with this discussion.

Role playing is gay as fuck. I tried watching one of those tabletop streams on twitch, couldn't last one minute.

>immersion = autism
SAD!