ITT: Good games that were ruined by their developers

ITT: Good games that were ruined by their developers

Attached: RC.jpg (600x826, 164K)

I wonder what it was that made me quit. Were megabots the pinnacle of the game? Or the downfall?

Spent so many hours in the OG version of this game. I even paid for premium.

Played robocraft royale recently and even though it was dogshit it brought me back.

They ended up shutting it down to add building and now their website doesnt exist anymore. kek. probably for the best.

i played this game right from the very beginning, when there was only the one laser type, and for every one good thing they'd add they'd fuck up a dozen other things. the game is a great testament to how far you can go with just a good idea, since despite the devs best efforts its still decently popular.

It was so fun at the start where it was like 15 vs 15 bots, but pop died out so its only 5 vs 5 now.

I remember making a barely mobile hovercraft with like 10 snipers on it and just obliterating planes while on top of a hill. Its a shame they managed to ruin the entire game three times in a row

Hopefully at some point in the future another dev will take a crack at this concept and do it right.

Tribes Ascend

What honestly went wrong?

For me it's that shit dies too fast.
Mortars are broken - why do they even exist?
Shotguns deal way too much damage - even a shielded bot gets wrecked in 2 shots.

Heroes of Newerth

Attached: RapeIminemt.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Quake Live
Dirty Bomb
Titanfall 2/Titanfall 1
Quake Champions
Soon to be Diabotical

Oh my god, OP. You really had to remember me of this game...

It was some good times. I'm still mad.

Attached: 0d2a80a666ccd137099dbbad03b6e7d5d5b275cbb7036e8ef091ed833315ee81.jpg (1272x1094, 568K)

>Titanfall 2/Titanfall 1
lol

Wait, what happened to Robocraft? I used to play that all the time.

Mortar was supposed to be a long range slow nuke, but they made the max range too short so people just use it as a shotgun

Lots of good examples here, now here's the ultimate. Beloved and thriving game ran into the ground by incompetent devs and retarded management.

Attached: 8bI7U-IY.jpg (1728x972, 160K)

Good games that lacked substance. I loved Tf1 but only played it for 20 hours

Pretty much every update changed the game in a major way but the game never managed to be balanced. at some point they added lootboxes and removed them and the tier system has been changed like 10 times but the game has never been able to recapture its former glory and keeps going down

>pay to play
>battle pass
Diabotical is dead on arrival

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

This should be an easy one, user.
>Added heal/damage beams and walker legs (not bad by themselves)
>Slowly gutted any semblance of complexity from the game and just looked for more ways to get dosh out of people
>In a semi-recent patch, they turned planes into (effectively) high-altitude hovercraft just to make them easier to hit
>Megabots was a thing for a while and then they just scrapped it even though people liked it
>Fucking Battle Royale

I think the game is good now.
The Problem used to be the P2W shitass Wargaming-esque progression system, but they changed it a while back.
Played it recently with friends and it is legit good.

The heal beams weren't that bad but then they added self healing which pretty much defeated the entire idea of making a robot that could survive a single skirmish and made heal beams completely useless

Yep. I will never again know the joy of taking a brick covered in SMGs onto the battlefield and rending my foes in twain.