These are the people you pay to play online with

These are the people you pay to play online with.

Attached: B43638FCFD3F425D80E71796D4DA2BB1.jpg (1125x889, 409K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vId2BqG1thE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Reddit is full of retards

In other news water is wet

I don't see a problem with this. It'd be need to be able to read the original manuals.

Are you just a cunt who doesn't care about game preservation?

>paying online
>not having an external SSD full of nsps and XCIs.

you are living your life wrong user

Attached: 1486960983966.jpg (466x493, 51K)

Reddit is full of the most casual braindead people imaginable.

I know you're doing your best to try and fit in zoomers, but there was a time when reading the manual was mandatory for understanding how to play a game and the developers didn't waste time programming a tutorial because they expected you to read it. This is a legitimate request with regard to NES-era (and SNES-era) games.

I think it's pretty fucking retarded he can't just google the fucking game manual on his own firstly

On that note, why don't Switch games have digital manuals?
I get having no physical manuals, but they already did digital with the 3DS

That's what I thought. That'd be fucking awesome. Manuals were part of the experience for me back in the day.

Sony actually did this with PS1 and PSP digital games on PS3 and Vita

There's literally two buttons for NES games. Two buttons are too hard for you Zoomers.

It would be move convenient if I didn't have to pull up my phone for every game I wanted to play.

Yeah I'm sure you figured out how to use subweapons in Castlevania all by yourself with no manual.

The manual is part of the experience for a lot of games, retards. Usually most of the story is in there along with a explanations of many mechanics. Captain Falcon didn't even appear in F-Zero, he was only in the manual.
"You can google it" is a retarded response when it's a perfectly reasonable request to have the manuals accessible in-game. I know the Virtual Console games on 3DS had them

Because you can google something doesn't mean Nintendo should take the lazy way out and not provide the manuals. For something like Zelda the manual provides important information about the items you should be looking for and useful tools like a world map that you were intended to be playing with. Shit, in Startropics they literally included DRM in the box with a code you needed to progress in the game.

Even so it's just cool to have the back story, artwork and flavor text that the manuals provide.

say experience one more time you ficking retard i dare you

Try beating metroid 1 without the manual.

Fuck you for making fun of that idea. Old games had tons of shortcuts or mechanics they never disclosed in game. Maybe you are too much of a handheld fucking zoomer to even know what I'm talking about.

Games before the internet relied heavily on manuals, as well as players guides, and gaming magazines. This is a well known fact. It makes more sense to include manuals with these games than it does for newer games with tutorials and hand-holding.

Sure you could just use the internet for these anyway, but they should still be included as the original games all had them packaged in.

I legitimately don’t think there is ONE Nes game on the Switch that can’t figure out if you actually play it for about 30 minutes. You might not be good at it, but you should at least know the basics and how to progress.

Experience my balls in your mouth, you half breed fuckwit.

I wonder if Nintendo has their original game manuals archived

of course he can, that doesn't make the request to add them to the NSO NES unreasonable though
I could go walk down to the corner store to buy ice but it would be a lot more convenient if I had an ice maker in my freezer

So you want things to be less intuitive for people, no toggleable menu in the game settings, just for the sake of preserving some mental challenge?

Can you go back and stop shitting up Yea Forums?

I would browse it just to read the manuals. 80s baby oldfag here.

You can find the manuals on their website.

The switch reddit makes me hate the switch and reddit even more. Its a bunch of literal retards. They are like
>oh boy if only I could play SNES on the switch
>well you can. Retroarch works fine. >that's piracy and illegal and I don't know what that is, thief!!!

I still love the guy who said (a while ago) :
>I bought a switch because I wanted to play Mario Maker but when I got it I found out there is no Mario Maker for the switch. That's the only game I wanted to play. Should I sell my switch?

The people advised him to do so. Jokes on him now if he really sold it.

I've said Mario maker is a rip off because it costs money and then you get an empty game where you have to create the content yourself. Propel didn't get that it's a joke and down voted me and I got negative comments.

Seriously I hate reddit and the switch subreddit but can I have a proper switch discussion here? It's all just
>REEE new Zelda looks like shit
>smash

>game mechanic involves using select button
>can't beat the game now cuz user said there's only two buttons
Shieet

But what is the problem here? NES games came with manuals, and some games were designed expecting you to read it.

Go. Back.

Attached: 1537160651190.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

>Reddit makes good point
>But it's from Reddit, so I have to say it's bad
Really shines a light on Yea Forumss thought process.

>i need to know the story of an nes game its high literature

I know this is difficult for you to grasp because you're so used to modern games being so brain-dead simple, but there was a time when many games attempted to be as complex as possible in spite of the limited number of buttons instead of using that as an excuse to be simple. There were plenty of simple games, but those were the ones designed for literal toddlers.

>digital versions with the plot dumps online
Guy has the right idea

Attached: boomertoshi.png (1280x730, 844K)

>having an external SSD full of nsps and XCIs
>not having a FYD to change the HNP3 into a ijt to UTNC the P3PDPASJAFFAEIOWAEFWJIOPAEFWPJOIAEFWOPT
It is you who is living your life wrong

Have fun getting lost in zelda 1.

>reddit screencap posted from a phone
hmmmmmm

I've wondered this myself, I've played a few games thinking 'what the fuck am I doing wrong here' or stumbled upon a mechanic in a game that would have been useful hours ago without knowing shit about it.

>NOT wanting digital manuals
Get out

The Wii U VC had digital manuals for every game

the point isnt that it wouldn't be cool to have them, but that people are too stupid to understand how to play an nes game. There's only 3 buttons on those old controllers, it can't be that hard to figure out.

The switch reddit makes me hate the switch and reddit even more. Its a bunch of literal retards. They are like
>well you can. Retroarch works fine. >that's piracy and illegal and I don't know what that is, thief!!!

>I bought a switch because I wanted to play Mario Maker but when I got it I found out there is no Mario Maker for the switch. That's the only game I wanted to play. Should I sell my switch?

I've said Mario maker is a rip off because it costs money and then you get an empty game where you have to create the content yourself. Propel didn't get that it's a joke and down voted me and I got negative comments.

Seriously I hate reddit and the switch subreddit but can I have a proper switch discussion here? It's all just
>smash

muh gam preservayyotion

some of those games didn't always have an intuitive control scheme

>history bad

Some games have obtuse mechanics that were only explained in manuals since tutorials weren't a thing

>ps1 games on ps3 have digital manuals
>ps2 games on ps4 have digital manuals
>virtual console games on wii u had digital manuals
>somehow it's okay for the handful of nes roms on nintendo's PAID ONLINE to not come with manuals, and you're a "zoomer" or a "retard" if you criticize nintendo for removing features
the apologism is just ridiculous.

Attached: 1546034751712.jpg (1280x631, 136K)

You try spiking in Super Dodgeball without looking it up

putting muh in the front of your shitpost doesn't make it meaningful criticism, end your life

Do you know how many NES games mapped jump to up?

>not wanting free games

Attached: takagi-san-laughing.gif (532x560, 926K)

But what about Startropics, a game where you need a manual to literally play the game?

is this real

I use a launcher on pc which downloads manuals and box art back and front. That's the way it should be.

Fucking this. That game was awesome but even with a manual it took a while for me to grasp the controls.

Attached: 1550499207310.png (960x776, 728K)

yes, it is real.

Attached: metroid-fusion-manual-large.jpg (1286x724, 189K)

>So reddit he posted it twice.
If you want discussion here, lurk more and don't associate yourself with reddit. I personally don't care for the reddit meme, but it's like you are wearing a giant sign that says "shitpost all over me." Your best bet is not to use reddit spacing, and you know... don't broadcast that you regularly go to reddit. Learn the culture of the board if you want to post here.

Are basic manuals for the games not included? That's fucking shitty as hell, even if that guy is retarded.

holy shit its all so clear now

Attached: 1277784383354.jpg (1000x383, 148K)

Post more sexy metroid manuals.

For Reddit basically any community over 20,000 members is basically an art circlejerk of the series where you have to like everything.
You’re not allowed to be critical of anything

We all know this hipster as practically always on his phone already.

I think it's pretty retarded to have tutorials in the game when you can just google how to play it.

People have been unable to understand NES games for years, what else is new?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017-06-07_at_4.01.12_PM.jpg (600x691, 45K)

Yeah it's from the Nerd Crew.

You're literally retarded, a good chunk of NES games required the manual.
Reminder: PC Gaming is in the shitter and these sort of bait threads are all they have left.

>>ps1 games on ps3 have digital manuals
>>ps2 games on ps4 have digital manuals
First time i heard about these then again i dont rebuy games on other systems

Honestly, if it weren't for the SMM2 and Demon X I would be looking into selling my switch, God it's such a fucking disappointment.

>smash

it's not my screenshot, and i don't have any more unfortunately.
another neat thing is that, at least on virtual console, they kept the old advertisements in the manuals.

Attached: gba_ads.jpg (800x450, 53K)

Mega Man 3 has a cool sci-fi backstory but it's completely confined to the manual, unlike the other titles

the ps2 manuals use the ps4's mobile second screen app so you don't have to interrupt your gameplay to look something up.

Attached: zFUirzd.jpg (1125x2436, 231K)

>all these zoomers who think the manual is worthless for NES games
jesus christ

That's neat

It's 2018, go to youtube and watch a let's play if you're stuck on that part, zoomer.

casual

>game preservation

Attached: 1550680913498.jpg (433x427, 49K)

>These layouts should be somewhere in this booklet
>A clue at an otherwise missed detail to take note of where foes spawn as clues for hidden secrets
Those are both kinda big things so yes, it helps. Honestly I'm rather sure most people here didn't even know about the second point at all.

If they add Final Fantasy, good fucking luck figuring out what a majority of spells even do.

Attached: 1509942711772.jpg (177x219, 68K)

Bad example given how bugged many of the spells were.

It's okay when nintendo does it.

Attached: 1424443928678.jpg (720x960, 163K)

>A cryptic 8bit game vs a movie

That kind of serves my point even harder. That shit was bad enough even WITH a manual.

To be fair, that looks like a player's guide.

>literature preserved
>film preserved
>art preserved
>vidya exempt because publishers need to be able to sell you the same thing over and over

But the manual is misleading, because of spells that do the opposite of what they say. So it's better to experiment rather than follow the manual.

That looks like one of those big guides you can buy that tells you exactly what to do for the most optimal outcome, not a game manual that gives you hints. I think Snoy and nuNintendo are shit but you're either baiting or being retarded.

well there were really bad control from some shitty games

Or you know you could just google the controls.
But then again you only have 2 buttons to figure out.

Reminder: We're not on reddit

>get item
>how do i use this.gif
>use it on accident
>spend a bit of time trying to replicate what i did
>oh using it costs hearts
i figured that out almost immediately what the fuck are you on about

I like being portable. So, I have a micro SD card filled with installed NSPs.

>can't figure out the controls for fucking NES games
Are zoomers mentally retarded? It has 2 buttons.

Attached: 1540767025314.jpg (443x455, 96K)

you have a micro SDick

Oh great so now everyone on Yea Forums never used an instruction manual in a game before.
I'll put that right next to "How do I do a Shoryuken?" on amazing Yea Forums revelations.

Attached: 1527438090086.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>there are people on Yea Forums to young to remember a time when the first thing you did was read the manual, probably in the car ride home

In your mouth

>make it halfway through Mighty Bomb Jack
>can't jump high enough for some bombs unless I do things in a certain order
>game is sort of bullshit at times so it seems normal
>look up video later
>they can make the jump
>wat
>you can jump a tiny bit higher if you hold up while jumping
How is anyone supposed to know this when your normal jumps are most of the screen height and it's not even required for 99% of the game? I also found out the game originally came with a map telling you what rooms had sphinxes and where important secrets rooms are making the game a lot less cryptic "jump on every tile in the game to get the best ending".

>phone
Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1517682182677.jpg (1280x1436, 243K)

epic troll

Bait thread, and so many retards took it, just as expected from Yea Forums.
You do realize that NES games are nothing like today's games, and they shipped with manuals for a reason? Lots of info are in those manuals that are sometimes essential to finish them, but never mentioned ingame.
Many people associate it with artificial difficulty, but in truth they expected you to read the manual, and today's gamers just can't understand that.

i fucking hate this god damn board now, what the flying fuck happened
>all these "im totally not from reddit/resetera" kids pretending they were even around in the nes or snes days
>the same kids not realizing many nes games relied heavily on the manual
>shitters against game preservation because reddit likes that and oh god anything but that
why is this board the retard containment board now? this is why theres 3 other vidya boards, so people can be away from this fucking sewer mutant filled tardhouse, go fuck yourselves

Attached: 1550253035254.jpg (768x1024, 76K)

Weren't some spells bugged and actually didn't do anything?

experience

>not having a smartphone in 2019
user...
>anime pic
oh okay, makes sense

>the first thing you did was read the manual, probably in the car ride home

I'm 32 and jokes on you, I don't remember this because I live in a 3rd world country and nobody bought games here. Nobody bought consoles either, everybody played on PC because parents could justify buying a PC for other stuff and let kids play on it on the side, but not a console dedicated to playing video games. Games were considered free, everyone pirated, those who bought software were thought of as idiots. Hell, I bet the majority didn't even know these were sold in the first place, and if they saw their prices they would have fainted.
I never had original games as a kid, the first ones I had were the ones I bought myself out of my own pocket. But by the time I could afford my own games, they no longer came in neat boxes with manuals. So I have never even seen a real game manual.

I wish I experienced it though, I'm sad I missed it.

>why is this board the retard containment board now?
That has been the case since around 2008-2010, if not earlier.

Bro I would have loved a manual to tell me about the elbow move in double dragon.

>he didn't grow up with game manuals
That's honestly something I miss. Nowadays, when I open up the game case, it's just the game that's in there. I long for the days with long manuals

I mean it sounds like the joke's on you, my dude. But for most 1st worlders at the time, this was accurate and that's obviously who he was referring to. Only exception was rental places and used games would sometimes not include the manual (rentals usually because some fucker stole it). Sorry you missed out, though.

And the point isn't that people are too stupid to understand how to play an nes game, but because the manual had cool extra info that are not obvious AND the game expected you to read it so it treats you as if you knew the information there.
Playing an NES game without having read the manual is not the complete experience. That is the point.
And it isn't unreasonable to expect Nintendo to know their own products and just make them accessible conveniently, instead of having to Google them.

>t. didn't play NES games

>I mean it sounds like the joke's on you, my dude.
Obviously I was only being sarcastic. The point I was trying to make is that missing out on manuals isn't necessarily an age thing. So these idiots in this thread may actually be 3rd worlder boomers, who don't know any better.

Especially when it was done with the Virtual Console.

Gotcha.

>being against a positive addition just because reddit likes it

Why are people so fucking stupid

There is nothing wrong with it.

1. A lot of older games' manuals have story sections and original artwork. Why make that unavailable?
2. The 2007+ gen has brought many atrocities to gaming. Gameplay-implemented tutorials in the first 30 minutes of playtime is one such thing. Older games did not do this.

lmao

If I'm close enough to a PC, at that point why would I be using a switch in the first place?

Just got around to trying out the NES games that come with NSO the other day because of fucking Tetris, I can't believe they got me with that.

>that fucking bar at the bottom you can't remove
>no manual
>no customizable controls
>they don't have Flying Dragon: The Secret Scrolls in the game library
Fuck, I was hoping they had that game, used to play that all the time at my cousin's.

reminder that Yea Forums is just reddit 2.0

>that fucking bar at the bottom you can't remove
What exactly do you mean? I don't have NS Online, but checking a random jewtoob video I don't see any bars at the bottom

youtube.com/watch?v=vId2BqG1thE

>Manuals aren't important to games!
Ok 12 year old, shouldn't you be in bed rn?

>no customizable controls
This one really bugs me because trying to play games that use Select regularly is just painful if you just wanted to play it in handheld where the - button is so awkwardly far from the d pad. Missiles may as well not exist for me in Metroid unless I'm opening a red door. Meanwhile there's a fucking Y button sitting in easy reach doing absolutely nothing.

Attached: 1509843932247.jpg (359x316, 23K)

>SELECT START SUSPEND MENU

It gets extremely noticeable if you decided you wanted to play NES games on a big screen for whatever reason.

>games had manuals to help you understand the controls
>reintroducing them for the very same games is retarded for some reason

you're old

Oh, I didn't even notice it. Well shit.

You could also Google the fucking game and play it on an emulator if that was the point, you retard

>ps2 games on ps4 have digital manuals
fuck, do they? I never bothered to look. I kept busting out my old PS2 cases to reference shit

As someone who's 3X years old and their first console was an NES, I see zero problem with this. Not only did some manuals have important info in them, they also had cool stuff like story elements, artwork and fun info in them that people who get the digital versions miss out on. Stop being a stereotypical "NEW GAME GOOD, OLD GAME BAD" cynic and go back to sipping your monster.

>I have never played an NES game that wasn't Super Mario Bros

I got a few on the PS4 since they frequently go on sale for like $5. they seem to work well and scale up nicely for the most part. If my PC wasn't a toaster I'd just take the free route though.

This, the instruction booklets were an important part of the actual game for NES. OP is an idiot.

Was this thread actually elaborate bait all along?

You can actually tell the zoomers in this thread that think playing NES games without manuals is better

Attached: Holy+bowsers+backround+is+peach+_c73d3e6a498b8c857edfcddfdb422276.jpg (800x800, 137K)

Probably but it's the rare bait thread that spawned... okay discussion and maybe taught some people some things about how NES games were designed.

I'd like to think it was, but you can never know nowadays. The fact that the retardation stopped sometimes ago makes me think OP may have been serious and fled after he got btfo.

Yeah, why can't Nintendo just make all the money and put in as little effort as humanly possible? Maybe I'll send Nintendo an extra $5 this month. I feel really bad for them.

how many?

It's a rhetorical question retard.

>be 10
>playing Castlevania I rented at FUCKING Blockbuster
>can't into stairs
>ragequit

Yeah, maybe it's easy for you zoomers who've already seen your favorite Twitch thot or other friend simulator play it

Attached: HorribleSubs_Demichan_wa_Kataritai_09_720p.mkv_snapshot_06.20_2017.03.04_21.02.52.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

in a lot of nes games the manual is actually useful though. if not useful then there's all sort of backstory and whatever that can be interesting for someone.

>zoomers dont appreciate manuals

If you hate that idea you're a zoomer drone that fell too hard for the Yea Forums rage maymay that can't see why someone might want to look at a game booklet besides for the controls

>it can't be that hard to figure out.

Attached: Brad Please.png (261x336, 95K)

The retarded redditor in OP's pic is literally a homosexual 18 year old who asks braindead questions on AAA games, why is anybody suprised

Reddit is bad but reddit + nintendo is worse than the threads we have about nintendo here

Yeah why expect a complete product when you can just google it?

You've never played an NES game, have you? Games back then were obtuse and frequently needed manuals to even be semi-understood.