How come most infected dogs in Resident Evil games are always Dobermans...

How come most infected dogs in Resident Evil games are always Dobermans? Why not just make them Pitbulls instead since they look scarier and their natural aggressiveness makes them a perfect opponent for a survival horror game.

Attached: 1549204121339.jpg (518x592, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aw5M-4Fo2wE
youtube.com/watch?v=gtsw3Z5uKUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pitbulls are unironically too scary for videogames.

In 1 it was probably just a random choice. 2 and 3 justified it with them being police dogs.

We can't really tell what species of dog(s) the Orthrus from Revelations 2 is supposed to be, but it doesn't look like a Doberman to me.

Attached: IMG_9880.jpg (990x932, 202K)

Most police dogs at my station aren't even Dobermans, but Labradors and Shepherds.

It's a staple of the series at this point.

I think pitbulls are a little too close to a friendly-looking dog. Dobermans don't even look like real dogs, even in real life. They look like some fucking cryptid dog breeds, and equally as frightening or believable with necrosis.

1 and 0 was because the experiments were done on dobermans. Can't tell you the others, though supposedly Chief Irons liked Dobermans. 3 really makes no sense though, should be random breeds.

There were german shepherds in RE 1.5.

Dobermans look like jackals, and Anubis, the God of the Dead, has the head of a jackal.

The pitbulls are too busy mauling children

they need zombie chihuahuas

Different breeds would require new models, or at least new textures.

Its a common thimg in TV and movies. If you see a police dog, theres a 90% chance its a Doberman or German Sheperd. No one knows why.

Remind me, we’re they purposely experimenting on the dogs in 1/REmake? Because, while they look like purely accidental T-Virus victims, seems unlikely that there would be so many in the area otherwise. Or maybe they were supposed to be Hunter food/test targets, who knows.

Attached: F1A9252E-88E1-4BE9-A568-59C7501CEBE6.gif (320x198, 1.49M)

Yeah, they were test subjects.

The things in rev2 made me wonder who the fuck was in charge of bioweapon development, they all look so shoddily constructed compared to hunters and tyrants

Its an iconic troupe! Zombie dogs will never be something that was cute and cuddly or what normal people see as average dogs. It will be what people think attack dogs would be. IF a dog is going to attack someone in a movie or game, its easier to show the danger by something we all know in our movie/game brains as dangerous, like a Doberman or Pitbull. Even if the reality begs to differ.

Aren't the infected puppers used by LEOs?

pretty sure those were the mansion's guard dogs

this

>German Sheperd
Have you seen actual police sheperds? They're basically dire wolves, except dire wolves are afraid of police dogs.

>LEO
>not calling them cops

because girls (claire) want to get fucked by hot sexy dogs like dobermans

Sherry needed to survive the events of RE2.

It was barely a test. Alex Wesker cared more about how much the subject could take before turning, not what they turn into.

Actually, looking back its probably due to Rin Tin Tin.

because they're meant to be police dogs in RE2 and pitbulls aren't suitable for that job.

>zombie human
>slow
>zombie dog
>fast
ummmmm

This. i don't think I'd make it out alive if two of these attacked me irl. let alone infected undead ones.

Attached: index__element872.jpg (377x412, 31K)

here's my infected police dog sitting in the snow before her appearance in RE2

Attached: 0122191146.jpg (1440x2560, 1.96M)

The T virus does whatever the plot needs it to.

More specifically, rigor mortis happens to humans, everything else gets faster, bigger, and stronger.

>All good police doggos stays protect and get turned zombies
>All shit doggos runs away from city

Attached: 243567.jpg (326x326, 16K)

cute

Because they look scary. I own a Dobermann myself and they look far more harmless when they still have their ears and tail like mine.

>Have you seen actual police sheperds?
Yes, they're always German Sheperds.

Attached: Download.jpg (1280x853, 98K)

go hug her now

Attached: 1031180743a.jpg (2560x1920, 2.22M)

Dobermans look like fucking satan

But the T virus is a disease. RE zombies are NOT reanimated corpses, thus no rigor mortis.

iirc they were bred by a tax collector specifically to intimidate the shit out of people

yes they are
as of RE1 T virus kills people and then revives some of them, most just die and stay dead

Yes they are. The T kills and reanimates cells. In humans.

How many times will the T-virus multiply Pitbull's strength?

Attached: 1530039505748.webm (222x400, 1.91M)

It doesn't kill them but in order to produce energy T causes massive necrosis destroying the skin and probably some of the muscles too.

The Doberman was the Pitbull of the 90’s

this

the doberman is the dark souls of dogs

weren't any of you around back then? the game was made in 1998, Doberman was the official meme breed for "scary dog" back then. movies, books, games, IRL idiots trying to appear tough, it was all Dobermans for a while. Rottweilers also had a pretty good run as "meme breed".

as for why it's still like that in the Remake, well, I suppose they just based it off the old model and didn't feel like modeling and animating multiple breeds.

Attached: 1536586677621.gif (360x346, 170K)

And in the early 90s it was St Bernards. Thanks, Cujo.

t. never played RE 4 & 5

Attached: colmillos_hd_by_realmoonlight-d99rz5u.jpg (743x1074, 71K)

They would probably turn into four legged tyrants.

Zombie Huskies when?

Attached: angry-husky-christmas-photoshoot-anuko-10.jpg (700x700, 80K)

That thing looks retarded

Those things are scary at a distance, but they look so ridiculous up close.

>Zombie Huskies
youtu.be/aw5M-4Fo2wE
imagine the sound

Look at those derpy widdle puppers. So adorable.

It's scarier with the plagas out

Aren't Dobermans guard dogs? Also, they look more of royal compared to Pitt bull, that's why upper-class dude like Spencer had them in the mansion.
I hardly remember other RE's doggos unless someone remind me.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

lel

and all firefighting dogs are dalmatians

It is my understanding that if you want a loyal dog that fucks shit up on your command, you want a doberman. Pitbulls sounds to me like they are aggressive and shit but not brainwashed-killing machine tier.

Attached: Tortillitas-de-camarones-Bar-La-Gitana.jpg (630x413, 60K)

>Aren't Dobermans guard dogs
Yes, they're basically large Dachshunds. Pitbulls on the other hand were bred to create vicious little killing machines and perfect for pit fights hence the name PITbulls.

Ya ya ya but where is a Resident Evil 2 thread?

In the trash.

Was it because of Disney?

Just a quick reminder to everyone that Boco admitted to raping his pet dog a few days ago

no. its bc dalmations have terrible hearing, and are not bothered by the sirens.

Don't respond to my posts, dogfucker

Well 3 is partially due to asset reuse, ofc.

Because it was made in 1996

fire fighters used to use horses. the horses would get spooked by the fires and they would have the dalmatians along side of them to help keep them calm.

Could also be that zombies are too scared of pitbulls to infect them

>Infect pitbull
>No change in behaviour

Okay but what type of police dog was preferred in 1998?

Attached: 1544455080347.jpg (400x273, 26K)

pitbulls aren't scary. they're just ugly looking. dobermans are genuinely intimidating

no it is explicitly stated that the virus does not reanimate dead people

Then explain the corpses in Raccoon Park in 3. Or that graveyard in Code Veronica.

kek, would love to shoot those nigger dogs instead of Dobermans. I hope we have them in RE8.

lore went to shit after 2 duh

why wont they let me shoot zombie poodles in the face

I want a resi game in paris and you have zombie mimes and poodles roaming the streets

That's a fair argument, actually.

Jills boyfriend.

dude poodles will fuck you up

Reminder that the zombie dogs were trainable and didn't fully lose their minds like humans unless they were hungry

Attached: 1316993367503.jpg (749x745, 81K)

What about the people in the Morgue?

>zombie human
>slow
>other zombie human
>turns into like a dinosaur and a giant fly or whatever
Viruses gotta virus my dude

>the RE:make dogs are 100% modeled

Attached: 1527823289452.png (1280x720, 727K)

thats why I wanna shoot 'em, give me a challenge

Attached: 095cab825faa9d98a1a822d070623cad.jpg (500x557, 75K)

>zombie mimes
> eating invisible corpses
> scratching at invisible doors
> never reload when shooting zombie mime, simply point and pull trigger, zombie mime will still take damage

>please explain the logic behind this impossible, unrealistic horror scenario
The only reason I haven't filtered you yet is, because you're a Roll fan and actually play the games you talk about. Otherwise you're just as much of a retard as the other tripfags.

Attached: mr t zombies.jpg (720x573, 155K)

I just realized that was probably set up to purposely strengthen their biting power
That's not some rando tire swing--that was purposely erected for that exact purpose
The hell are people thinking--humans are monsters

>Leon has the ladder near the water breaking
That's some bullshit.

SFM animators are gonna love that. the licker model has a visible anus too.

Actually dogs taken from Argento's Tenebrae. RE is pretty much inspired by Italo horror such as Fulci's Zombie films and old victorian gothic stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=gtsw3Z5uKUc

Attached: 30cdd34221a9cc35c7ac77137c12fd89.jpg (1280x929, 172K)

This, I once had to give one brain damage after it latched onto my arm and woudn't let go.
protip: if your dog is an untrained feral monster keep it on a chain, they can jump high enough to get over a fence no problem

Sorry. But yeah, the games are just really inconsistent. Unless you like making up excuses.

Someone mentioned that owning a husky is like having an angsty teenager as a pet
The more I see these videos, the more I believe it

turned before they were put in there, probably the first ones to attack and then get put down by the officers. And of course as we know that they usually don't die the first time they go down.

can mr x hear you running in a different room? from how far away can you safely run?

Attached: question bong.gif (320x320, 91K)

Pitbulls are literally the niggers of the dog world.

Attached: s5Je7Ba.jpg (662x625, 45K)

yes, he can hear you. i don't know how far. i think he's programmed to find you quicker when you're running, no matter where you are.

Yes he can hear you run but he doesn't know where you are exactly unless he's in the room next to you, shooting however will alert him to your exact current location regardless of how far away he is

Am i a faggot for getting watery eyed at the end of REmake 2? Leon is such a bro. Fuck i love this game.

Attached: imfbi.jpg (670x1192, 40K)

And even faster if he hears a gunshot.

Hi. I think you're supposed to be savaging me or something. again.

He's always looking for you. He will enter empty rooms to search.
Running lets him track you better.
Shooting (anywhere) means he immediately knows your exact location and will go directly there.

Golden retrievers. Basset hounds . The things they could come up with.

Shiba doges

Attached: doge.jpg (959x540, 61K)

Huskies are far more violent than pit bulls, pit bulls are just more dangerous due to their strength. But people love huskies because "dey so pretty" and they fall for propaganda. If you actually bothered to extrapolate data, you'd notice that most pit bull attacks happen because pits are prized by scum for their musculature so they're always getting rescued and rehomed from traumatic situations where they later snap. As far as actual baseline breed tendencies go, huskies are worse.

Dobermans look way scarier (skinny, black, pointy ears).

I don't take people by their word anymore so you're gonna have to post some references

I don't know man, i've never heard of husky attacks as much as pitbulls.

>hhheheheh...

Attached: 173 pounds.jpg (605x402, 57K)

that would be interpolating not extrapolating

it's like living with a ticking time bomb with no clock...

That's a bear.

>inb4 someone posts the webm of the husky chimping out and crippling a smaller dog

I felt the same. I knew she would be fine but I was upset for Leon. I love the character redesigns, Leon is the super green beginnings of a hero while Chris clearly raised Claire to be a badass

That is an actual monster and I would not want it to know I exist

That's not even the dogs true form
just wait until he unleashes the ogre

Attached: 1536614071704.jpg (650x600, 71K)

That's literally the only Husky attack i've seen. Really fucked up but it's not a particular Husky trait.

I dunno but Dobermans are based as fuck, favorite dog I've ever owned.

You just KNOW.

Obligatory "You just know".

i've honestly never heard of a doberman attacking anyone or being vicious

rottweilers though are like dobermans but actually dangerous psychopaths. but i guess they still look too cuddly

I miss my dog a lot.

German Shepards you fucking retard

Don't worry he's having fun at the farm

Attached: 1540398602633.jpg (477x480, 38K)

Attached: naughty_dog.png (1280x720, 982K)

You dead pet owners always have to show up in animal threads with your drama, fuck off before you attract more

>drama
it's just some fag mourning over his dog because he had to goto the farm

Attached: 1529688869091.jpg (675x1200, 94K)

Goddammit.

But this is literally a thread about dead dogs.

>no SMASHED dogs

Attached: SMASHED SLAMMED 300 PERCENT INBRED MINI IL DUCE SMASHED LOW BACK NO LEG SLAMMED TOADLINE.jpg (1080x1026, 123K)

>when your bitepower is so strong it can sustain your whole bodyweight
>for serveral minutes
why aren't pitbulls weaponized yet?

Shitty uninspired art for a shitty uninspired shitpost

>DID SOMEBODY SAY PIT BULLS?
Dobermans look fucking insane. They’re huge muscular dog bodies compared to their weird sleek head is creepy yet intimidating. They’re also used as the big scary evil dog in movies so there is that as well. Why not Rottweilers?

No. Don't you fucking dare start this shit and make me despise Americans again for another night.

Forgot pic

Attached: E499E67A-88AD-441F-8A49-C26C8588F492.jpg (1242x1353, 277K)

My experience is the other way around, I've been attacked by Dobermans but every Rottweiler I've met has been harmless and gentle.

It's mostly a factor of whether they were raised to be a piece of shit. The worst dog bites I've had were from Chihuahuas and Cockapoos.

Attached: PAY-Rottweilers.jpg (615x409, 45K)

I despise pit bulls and pit mommies. My sister was one.

Attached: 1537070087294.jpg (960x960, 103K)

Mr. Peanutbutter?

>Cries in postal 2

Attached: HellDogs.jpg (250x177, 6K)

I actually own 1 pit bull and a mix breed pit with a lab. The mix was way more agressive and acted like an asshole when she was younger. I just love pit bull memes. Pits are only shit because of ghetto niggers and rednecks

Damn that dog is swoll.

They're attack dogs meant to attack humans. Pittbulls were bred for dogfighting so they actually make for shitty guard dogs hence why nobody trains pitts for securiry related jobs and choose dobermans and sheperds instead.

But, of course, you fags wouldn't know that since you know nothing about dogs, probably never owned one of your own that wasn't your parent's and that you had to train yourself and you just drink the news clickbait koolaid about pittbulls because you can EPIC BAIT AND SHITPOST about it.

They are from the police force. It is a pretty common dog to go with.

Every 10 years we get to deal with the general public calling for the eradication of some random dog breed because they read scary newspaper articles. That is this entire thread.

Calm down there pal, get any angrier and you might mangle the face of a dangerous child.

Search "pitbull hanging from a tire" on youtube; it's a very common exercise for pitbulls. They enjoy the feeling of grabbing something with their jaws and holding onto it for as long as they can. That's why their mauling incidents are so dangerous and controversial, and that's why this exercise is fitting for them.

It can be entirely innocent, though. Hanging from a tire doesn't necessarily have to be training for a fight, it can be just a responsible dog owner allowing a fighting-type dog a chance to bite something hard without genuinely fighting or hurting anyone. If the animals can fulfill their instincts with these kinds of exercises that don't cause any harm to others, that's all fine.

Pitbulls being disliked is not a new development. People who like these dogs have kept crying about the bad reputation of pitbulls while simultaneously bragging about their fighting abilities for at least over a century.

Attached: from year 1911.jpg (1362x726, 298K)

Zombie Labradors would be to sad for most people to handle.

Because Dobermans are the best dog breed, they're fucking awesome

But seriously it's because they can look intimidating due to their size and appearance

Yeah but pitbulls are actually shit

At least dobies and rotties are intelligent

Well, pits were bred to maul each other to death for the amusement of imbeciles.
Rottweilers were bred to be guard dogs, while dobermanns were bred to be patrol dogs (hence the more slender build compared to rotties).

I have a pit mix and he’s so fucking nice. All he wants to do is lay on laps and play with other dogs.

>always German Sheperds
The short haired variant of Belgian shepherd are pretty common, too.

IMAGINE

Attached: 1520525865877.webm (854x480, 2.62M)

If you want a pitbull without the maulings get a Staffy. They're much better with people, especially children (apparently one of two breeds officially recognised for their suitability with kids). They do tend to get lumped in with pitbulls in breed bans in freedomland, though. Our country isn't completely retarded and can distinguish them from pit bulls which are soft banned over here.

Bet she takes the doggy knot on the regular.

Because in the 1990s the stereotypical attack dog was dobermans.

>They do tend to get lumped in with pitbulls in breed bans in freedomland, though.
That's because Staffordshire Bull Terriers look a lot like pitbulls since they're a similar breed. I have a Staffie/Boxer mutt and most people think it's a pit.

That being said, the reason they're better with people is they were bred for bear baiting instead of dog fighting. Still barbaric but it's a sport that encourages a bond with its owner.

Another weird example is how lickers apparently work. Apparently the virus eats your frontal lobe, turning you into a shambling zombie mess. However, Lickers have fully intact brains. . .

they are, by thugs

>You done with those weights?

using pitbulls would be racist and playing into racist statistics. they should use goldens

Attached: dog2.jpg (2113x1692, 1.96M)

No one cares, nigger.

So they are jewish bred dogs? Hmmmmmm............

RE1.5 actually had zombified German Shepherds, that would've fit with the police station theme.
No idea why they've not used those in any official release yet though.

GHRENAAAAAAAAAAT

Attached: SBO.png (850x850, 113K)

The T-Virus transforms dogs into Dobermans.

I don't know if I could bring myself to shoot a golden user, I can't even imagine them being anything other than loveable goofballs

P*t-bulls don't need to be infected with the t-virus to be blood thirsty killers

I teared up during the Claire and Sherry parts, as well as them all holding hands. Shit was heartwarming as fuck.

Pff, you want a big dog that could be terrifying while zombified? I used to work in a vet office and we had a 193 pound one come in. It was basically a bear.

Attached: newfoundlandsf2.jpg (350x331, 32K)

is that natty?

In RE1, mansion guard dogs or experiments, 2 and 3 are police dogs.
Go to 4 and it’s family dogs or feral breeds.

its because of the mutilated ears
intact dobermans look pretty damn normal, but those shitty owners really have to mess with their ears

Attached: 15f3862fc7eec059cc71f8ce09a25b46--dog-barking-german-shepherd-dogs.jpg (640x960, 82K)

Boco is PurpleKecleon?

Why would they use pitbulls as guard dogs? It's usually dobermans or german shepherds. It's because they're smart, obedient and vicious on demand. Pitbulls are pretty retarded.

Hey now, dobermans are pretty cute.

Attached: 1531161573005.jpg (1280x953, 448K)

I guess because they have really short fur and are easier to render. If they used a shaggier breed they'd have to use fur physics and stuff.

Every time.

Why Doberman's ears get cropped anyway?

From what i understand as well you aren't allowed to dock their ears like that anymore.

gives them better hearing

They sorta are. Is it true that they have a tendency to madness and attacking their own owners?

Attached: 1537216548505.jpg (958x960, 125K)

>muh pitbulls
Nu/pol/fags are the ultimate NPCs. They can't process reality without the use of memes. Shitty old /int/ memes at that. It is sad actually.

Attached: 1493882667700.png (780x617, 824K)

>make me despise Americans again for another night
Your obsession is as palpable as it is pathetic.
Bulldogs were not initially bred in america, dipshit.

Attached: no card.png (539x775, 43K)

pitmommy detected

Attached: 1503580603068.jpg (238x212, 7K)

>shitty owners
dobermans are VERY likely to get ear infection that can lead to death, if that issue arises, the ears get cropped anyway, so some just choose to crop them to avoid the infection from the get go completely

It's false, they're one of the most disciplined breeds, hence their use as guard dogs.

YOU

JUST

KNOW

Attached: 1543754441931.gif (460x351, 308K)

>arguments found: 0

Prove that pitbulls are more aggressive and dangerous than dovermans, or have a worse rap outside of your containment board

play postal 2

Pitbull is not any specific breed, it's an umbrella term that covers certain kinds of dogs. And staffies aren't necessarily as safe and cuddly as you're saying; they've been known to commit maulings too. They originate from the same lineages as American Pitbull Terriers, and United Kennel Club doesn't even see a separation between APBT and an American Staffy; the same dog can be registered as both breeds. Even though staffy breeders have been popularizing their dogs as family pets for a while now, these dogs do still have a high prey drive. Sometimes they're perfectly nice up until they grow to about 1-2 years and some hormonal changes make them turn nasty. A staffy owner needs to be mindful of common pitbull problems and prepared to deal with them.

I think it might even be more likely to get mauled by a staffy than an APBT, since pure-bred APBTs are kinda rare to come by. Most pitbulls that you encounter tend to be either staffies or pit mixes, unless if you happen to know any underground dog-fighters. Dog-fighters have always preferred APBT, which is why most kennel club organizations frown upon APBT and don't recognise it as a legit breed.

Some hunting/fighting dogs get their ears cropped or tails docked so that while they're doing their job, these parts can't be grabbed and injured as easily. I assume it's because of that for dobermans.

Shepherds are top tier doggo aside with huskies, akitas and goldens

Attached: german-shepherds.jpg (1280x853, 141K)

>t. seething dicklet shitbull owner

definitely

Attached: 1031180740.jpg (1920x2560, 1.82M)

Managed to do an S+ run with Leon, now I'm trying for Claire. I picked up the three emblems and I'm about to leave the station took me 21 minutes but I forgot to do pick up the gem for the Submachinegun. Do I even need to pick it up? I didn't pick up the magnum in my Leon run as it as less utility (and ammo) than the submachingun

>no mention of based schnauzers

Attached: Doggo.jpg (450x298, 27K)

Obviously.
>Huur duur I want to keep spreading disinformation on shit sites for le epic troll because I'm entertained by brainless antics.
Just like the fucking imbeciles who bred pittbulls to fight each other. Entertained by pleb activities. Keep doing what you do, fucking waste of air that you are.

Pitbulls were bred for the sole purpose of being good at mauling things, not giving up mauling things even under heavy resistance and loving every second of it. Man played god and made a big mistake, it should be the responsibility of man to play god a second time to fix that mistake.

It's because invaders usually grab dogs by their ears and tails. I'm from the village where Dobermann originated. Nowadays its illegal here to crop their ears cos shitski- I mean cop- I mean reasons.

>humans are monsters
Now is when I told you that israeli forces use dogs as weapons by replacing their teeths with metal ones

Nah, you should be fine without it. I mostly just used it for popping the ivy bulbs, but just save your flame grenades for those.

And how we could forget the long haired collie

Attached: long_haired_collie.jpg (693x960, 106K)

Id love to look up if this is true or not but it’s so horrible I’d rather just believe you’re lying and call it a day.

I had short haired collies as a kid. Lovely dogs, would not stop fucking barking at everything.

Attached: SmoothCollieTri2_wb.jpg (500x385, 105K)

alright; how about the first save for this run? I saved right before G1 with Leon but he is much easier with Claire thanks to her inciendary grenade, so I'm confident in fighting him. Saving before the orphanage as Sherry maybe? I'm always afraid of fucking up the hide & seek game but on the other hand I will have to do all the sewer without fucking up

These boys are aesthetic as fuck. How come I've never seen one before, are they difficult to keep?

Attached: Giant-Schnauzer-History-06.jpg (500x500, 41K)

COVR ME BRUZER

Very handsome!

10/10 ears

Attached: 3RUolrB.jpg (4000x3000, 656K)

andd she got sick of me taking pictures

Attached: K7OldI8.jpg (2400x1800, 802K)

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between contaminated and non contaminated pitbulls.

She's beautiful.

Actually, a resident evil set in a snowy wooded area would be quite cool. Take the rural horror of 7 and import it into snowy mountain regions. Also, everything's scarier when it's cold.

The hide and seek game is easy. Hide behind the wall of shit in the middle before going to the final spot.

you would definitely have to set it up in Banff then, the american rockies are way too old.

Attached: YZFl1ca.jpg (2400x1800, 843K)