Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aU29qo7xOTs
youtube.com/watch?v=fXEbiTOcoco
youtube.com/watch?v=k_zhG6V6jx8
youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

did the puppet absorb their soul

>Retiring is the same as dying

Can't wait for Miyamoto to retire, maybe then Paper Mario can be good again.

Either way they are not with the company anymore so yes.

Miyamoto flipped the table BECAUSE Paper Mario went to shit, not the other way around.

Just because Miyamoto said he didn’t want OCs didn’t mean the game had to be shit. Blame IS, you know the company who made this game wrote one of the most braindead stories of the decade in pic related

Attached: C2477539-33DA-4BCB-BB75-5160BAE23227.png (175x288, 94K)

how are you supposed to make a story with compelling characters when you aren’t even allowed to use characters?

Miyamoto was the one who said "no OC in Sticker Star" which led to IS "overreacting" and changing the game. To be fair, not everyone has Sakurai's balls to stand up to Miyamoto, and the initial build of the game showed that it did have original characters/partners.

IS has been retarded lately that's for sure but Miyamoto is also to blame. He should have kept his mouth shut or maybe given more suggestions to Arzest/Artoon whatever they're called now and Yoshi's New Island which looked like garbage from the get go, unlike Sticker Star which looked fine in the first place.

They literally could have made Bowser intresting or fun, you know like every other Paper Mario game

I wish Miyamoto had temporarily retired and not come back until dinosaur planet was out.

Miyamoto said "No OC" because SPM was 100% OC bullshit. What do cavemen have to do with Mario? What does an otaku lizard have to do with Mario? What does an existential baron trying to destroy the universe because he thinks his origami girlfriend died have to do with Mario?
TTYD was already sliding in the wrong direction, but most of it was still relevant Mario stuff.

Attached: 1543320293563.png (1024x1232, 293K)

Paper Mario won't be good again until IS gets its head out of its ass and Kensuke "I don't even like RPGs" Tanabe fucks off.

私の 腕の 中で
youtu.be/aU29qo7xOTs

So you're saying a Mario game shouldn't be allowed to take liberties? The Mario RPGs have always been focused on narrative, characters, humor, and world (not claiming it's deep so don't be dishonest and misconstrue what I'm saying) than the mainline games. What's wrong with running with that as long as you retain the basic aspects of Mario, i.e., jumping, Mario, Bowser, Peach, and mooks? There's nothing wrong with introducing entirely new characters.

It hurts

Attached: 742ED01A-C5BE-4789-B152-F4DE1C1E92DD.jpg (1648x1236, 400K)

SPM went way too far. SS went to far in the other direction. It's somewhat Miyamoto's fault but at the end of the day IS developed the game and decided to also remove the character from everything instead of just sticking to at least shit in Mario like Miyamoto advised. He also gave that advise to AlphaDreams and they mostly ignored it. Intelligent Systems also hasn't made a good game in over a decade (FE:Path of Radiance).

That picture is racist.

Because PM should be a wacky look at the world behind the platformers. What if those goombas weren't just random mooks walking left, but had hopes, dreams, and lives of their own in their own towns and cities?
What would you lose if you turned SPM into its own IP?

Attached: 1533916411245.jpg (640x258, 42K)

>He also gave that advise to AlphaDreams and they mostly ignored it.
Source?

>Intelligent Systems also hasn't made a good game in over a decade (FE:Path of Radiance).
Radiant Dawn was great, although the lack of proper supports sucked the whole game wasn't bad for it. It was challenging, had great music, and followed up on the narrative from PoR.
New Mystery of the Emblem was also pretty underrated, it discarded most of what made Shadow Dragon bad. I guess "that doesn't count" because it's a remake though.

At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life

Attached: 345345.jpg (1280x720, 270K)

Read the Iwata Asks for Dream Team.

Nah Radiant Dawn could have been good. But instead the lack of supports, terrible balancing, overbloated cast, terrible characters and story elements keep it from being good. The only good elements are the challenging part 1 due to the Jobbing Brigade and music which all the FE games have.

3.5 years, holy fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=fXEbiTOcoco

IIRC that was one of their worst directs too.

Hey man. Fuck you.

t. Shiggy

Teardrops on the fire.mp3

I don't even know what a direct is, nor do I care about nintendo or even vidya. I just remember the memes.

Here's another good Nintendo video.
youtube.com/watch?v=k_zhG6V6jx8

>t. Reggie

TURN ON CNN
MIYAMOTO HAS A GUN

this and for Mario RPGs in general. I like seeing weird new OCs too but they should really focus on fleshing out existing characters and showing a different side to all those standard enemies you see. The very best thing they can do is have the standard Mario characters interact with new characters made for the RPGs

So wait was that one robot chicken thing with reggie burning the guy official

Attached: maxresdefault (16).jpg (1280x720, 46K)

I MUST HAVE DREAMED A THOUSAND DREAMS
BEEN HAUNTED BY A MILLION SCREAMS

Attached: 7245869367.jpg (750x434, 22K)

Yes. They did a collab.

>western vs eastern character design

>Intelligent Systems also hasn't made a good game in over a decade
What the fuck do you call codename steam

Mario and Luigi games (mainly superstar saga )Shows you can introduce new characters but still feel Mario

Reggie has the figure in his office.

I can't wait for Miyamoto to die and for faggots here to suck his irrelevant has been little yellow dick.
Fuck that guy.

The only bad thing he ever did was ruin dinosaur planet.

>TTYD was already sliding in the wrong direction
If you're fucking implying that TTYD isn't the best fucking first party Nintendo RPG by a fucking mile you're legitimately a fucking retard.

>Myamoto retires
>Paper Mario is great again
>F-Zero comes back with absolutely no gimmicks
>Star Fox comes back with no gimmicks
>Every Myamoto related franchise gets a boost in creative liberties for the newer games being made

I love you Myamoto but please go away

where are the puppets from?

I can't believe Reggie is fucking dead

Thanks Sora

E3, the last one before Iwata kicked the bucket

No, I'm saying that TTYD was already going in the wrong direction. Also that you have poor reading comprehension.
Why is there a transgender shadow blob party member? Why is there a fat diva ghost? Why is there a Rumpelstiltskin thing? Why are there random OC moonmen?

That game was so underrated. Wish it would have come out on the switch. Would probably be more popular

Oh i get it cause hes on the right

how? explain

Forgot that was even a game. Never played it

Nintendo is a proper nightmare. This creature is in pain you just know it. What if it is really, real. That our imaginations have created a machine that does show this actual man in another place and he is really there? woooooooo.

Attached: mario-gauntless-1528054952899_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Reggie should have been there for the last E3 before he retired. I want to see him banter with Dorito Pope and Bill one last time.

Nintendo is a zoomer company now

I know what you meant, but your opinion is fucking wrong.The OCs either make the game better or don't affect the quality at all, laddie. I'm sorry for your bad taste.
Not everything can be about the same ~5 characters forever.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

>now
They've always been the "Disney of gaming" AKA the Zoomiest of Zoomer companies.
All "kid friendly" companies are Zoomer companies by definition.

Again, it's not about the same characters, it's about telling a story in the context of the Mario universe. All the other partners are NEW characters that fit the premise of the franchise.

Atleast Sakurai is still alive

So why didn't they give us mother 3?

>All the other partners are NEW characters that fit the premise of the franchise
Exactly, so we can agree that there is nothing wrong with them and that they don't affect the game negatively.

Reggie didn't die, though.

Nintendo will absolutely go to shit once all the oldfags are gone. The games have a level of soul to them which comes from their desire to make games fresh and new experiences, even if that sometimes means odd gimmicks. That and these people had a high level of passion for their work.

He was KILLED
SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

>Its a lets blame Miyamoto for everything again episode

>guys it's a total coincidence Paper Mario became absolutely irredeemable shit when he gave IS his "suggestion" MIYAMOTO DINDU NUFFIN

N-NO DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW MIYAMOTO IS A GOOD GUY WHO CAN DO NO WRONG HE CREATED THE FUCKING MARIOS HAVE SOME FUCKING RESPEEEEEEEEEEEEECT

It portrays reggie (a black man) as a Gerudo/Ganondorf, while Miyamoto and Iwata are the "good" characters (because they are "honorary whites")

reggie is like half cuban or something
some sorta island nigger

>it's a ME! MARIO!

he's literally Haitian

Attached: 1414537000842.jpg (177x174, 36K)

Cuban isn't a race you fag, and besides, he's Haitian.

Glad I'm not the only one who's reminded of that.

Attached: THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.gif (320x179, 2.07M)

How come the modern president of NoA was so known and loved worldwide, but any of the presidents of NoE were a literal who and always have been one?

I miss Vivian, bros

Memes

What the fuck does Reggie even do, what does he get paid for?

>The absolute worst one remains
Die already you story hating toad loving fuck

>What the fuck does Reggie even do, what does he get paid for?
Kick ass and take names

Reminder that the story for Links Awakening had to be developed and implemented in secrecy by the team because Miyamoto didnt want a story in the game. We wouldnt have Links Awakening if the devs didnt intentionally defy him. Fuck Miyamoto

His purple Pinkman feeling body was ready to go play animal Crossing New leaf on the Nintendo 3ds.

>Reggie is 57 years old
holy fuck he is older than my dad and looks way younger

Black guys tend to age pretty well.

Still hurts.

my dad is also darked skinned but his hair has gone all white and has to walk with the aid of a cane, thats fucking bullshit.

i cant believe reggie is fucking dead

multimillionaire

>reggie a black man
lol

it's inferior to paper mario 64 in every aspect other than graphics

Imagine being the guy on the left and realizing how ugly people think you are when you see your puppet in comparison to the other 2

>Nintendo fans: It's ok to suck off soulles suits who only view me as a a money udder because nostalgia

I generally wonder how Nintendo fans function through day to day life with this kind if mentality

Attached: 1467109967738.jpg (200x200, 11K)

Reggie isnt souless
Hes a nice guy
Yes hes a suit but he is a fun suit

What the fuck are you talking about? It's clearly the chaddest of the three. Miyamoto is the ugly one.

paper mario had better art design

This user is right. Original is better than TTYD.

You guys realize that Reggie was just a glorified spokesman, right? His job before Nintendo was managing the VH1 channel. He had very little authority or influence one the company and Nintendo just liked having him around when they wanted to have an English press event.

I'm not saying Reggie was bad at his job but his job didn't mean much. Hopefully the new president of Nintendo of America will have more vision to expand Nintendo's American software development. Right now they don't do much besides translating Japanese games, and Reggie could not even get Mother 3 released in the US. Hopefully the next president is a man with vision who actually will fight hard to get what he wants. I want the Tom Kalinske of Nintendo.

Iwata was responsible for the worst generation of pokemon, fuck him

Miyamoto lost his touch after Yoshi's Island

>F-zero comes back
Fuck yes. They just have to expand a little bit with what you can do when in freefall.

>This one suit is different from other suits who he acts just like because nostalgia and memes

Is this bait?

Attached: where...gif (490x476, 3.52M)

We're never ever getting something like this again, are we?

Attached: 1451518677913.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

>What the fuck do beans have to do with mario?
I hope one day you understand how stupid you were today

Why did they put boxing gloves ghosts in Mario?
Why did they add giant water dragons that chase Mario?
Why is there a big purple wind-up toy that throws you in Mario games?
Why did they add a giant mummy cactus?

Attached: 1549933292383.png (403x346, 249K)

They're trying to force nmemes with president bowser already, but forcing memes is usually pretty cringe and only Yea Forums likes that

Reggie should burn one more person up before he gets his affairs in order.

will miyamoto now make the perfect mario game when all his creativity can be unleashed and not put down by corporate executives?
i think he will shine like a flamethrower now that reggie and that other guy aren't keeping him on leash.

It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror..

Attached: 1550215146256.jpg (750x748, 46K)

Kawade is doing FE0 TCG now

But the best Mario RPGs were full of OC. Look at Superstar Saga.

Doubt it. That game just doesn't sell.

No money in it.

The characters line up perfectly though.

How many other major company presidents do fun, goofy bullshit like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM

Reggie got out and personally pushed Nintendo games.