So what exactly is it about this particular MMO that attracts insufferable autists?

So what exactly is it about this particular MMO that attracts insufferable autists?

Attached: Fuck You.png (2500x1627, 3.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihiko_Matsui
youtube.com/watch?v=IuGKIowPCmo
github.com/XIVStats/XIVStats-Gatherer-Java/releases
rpgsite.net/interview/3027-final-fantasy-xiv-interview-with-producer-director-naoki-yoshida-round-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Every MMO attracts insufferable autists.
It just depends how many are playing a specific MMO.

You need to be a insufferable autist to play a MMO.

It's an MMO.

It lets me be anime cat girl because I can't IRL.

>It's a MMO
>Final Fantasy name
>Single player design
>Anime artstyle
>Stupidly easy
>Safe space moderation
>House decorating endgame

It has just as many autists as any other successful MMO has gathered, the only difference is the rise of social media gives these autists a vacuum in which to spew their bollocks. And for other autists to pick up and wave around as some kind of proof that only those kinds of autists play MMOs.

tl;dr - Sodomise yourself

Attached: 1544972768394.jpg (640x480, 28K)

did you make this thread after getting btfo in the wow thread?

Happens with every MMO.

You probably see it more in FF14 because it's setup better to force you to need to congregate around others in the cities and guild/free-companies.

The whole aspect of having housing also helps since it gives a reason for people to just hang out there chatting so you can encounter people more and learn how autistic they are.

>social justice mmo
No thanks.

Explain further.

Attached: 1541030913577.png (400x957, 710K)

>So what exactly is it about this particular MMO that attracts insufferable autists?
The chance to roleplay as a qt anime girl in a pretty decent mmo. Just look whats coming.

Attached: SOON.png (640x853, 241K)

>XIV
>MMO
Even nu-WoW is much more of an MMO.

They're exactly the same, except WoW plays itself.

WoW plays like a MOBA now. They even got the camera all the way zoomed out top down view in raids.

Attached: arcane mage.jpg (1356x848, 254K)

Seriously, I've played MMOs a lot in the past and those were F2P so you'd think I'd be used to this, but this is a whole other level. The only one that would come close to this was Vindictus, I remember one time Nexon decided to put some real money items for free in game as an event, and the faggots were outraged on the forums, how dare Nexon give non paying players things for free. Fuck me.

Fuck Mhiggers, that is all.

Attached: 324213.jpg (1024x576, 175K)

Beloved by far left jouranlists, almost every journalist on kotaku loves the game and is subbed to it

Game is packed with trannies, to the point it's well known for it

Official forums are full of social justice posts

Crackdown on "hate speech" in new rules

All the male characters look homosexual.

All new outfits are feminist approved.

Attached: homo.jpg (967x482, 99K)

Yoshi won't let me.

Attached: 1532639829636.jpg (1124x1080, 449K)

>Red Mage
post discarded

play a real fucking job.

Attached: blm_pocket.jpg (630x630, 54K)

Simplistic gameplay, gross over the top design, anime shovelware storyline made from chppped up pieces of other FFs, androgynous males and pedophilia fuel.

Are we pretending that tranny don't also play other MMOs?
Wow is still filled with them

This is a game for trans people, get out normie.

imagine being so caught up in politics and genders over the actual gameplay and story

There are more trannies in ffxiv than every other mmo combined. Everyone knows this, especially ffxiv players.
Say anything trans related in a negative way and the whole server will implode and you'll be banned.

We talk about video games here sir.

Attached: squidword.jpg (306x306, 12K)

>Caring what dumb fucks play the game
>Implying half of them aren't straight outta moon guard
>Giving a shit about the western OF, an actual joke
>AAAAH I CAN'T CALL SOMEONE A DUMB TRANNY NIGGER WHAT THE FUCK JAPAN I DONT UNDERSTAND
>Opinion
>Retardation
>Posting a picture of a Ubisoft mutt as if it means anything
Keep trying, you low IQ trash

Attached: 1520317722217.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Only two correct things in this post. I wish they didn't rely on other ff games so much, it's a good game that stands well on its own story-wise.
Lalas are such a shitty race holy shit

do you even play the game. it sounds like you don't.

where's your fflogs or lodestone. that matters more than your trashpost.

Lots of trannies yes, there are lots of gay guys too cause of the male character designs.

FF14 is the lgbt mmo

>All new outfits are feminist approved.

???

Attached: --ErsFHzVfaK2nJQerBpH_6fz4.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

wow is the bigger lgbt mmo. they recently implemented a fat appreciation race and blizzard goes out of their way to hire lgbt people on their dev team.

meanwhile ffxiv is adding a female bunny race that panders exclusively to neckbeards and the ffxiv team only hires japanese/white people.

gay people need mmos too user

>If the character isn't a hairy bear of a man, he's trying to turn you gay
>If the character is a hairy bear of a man, he's trying to turn you gay
There's no winning with you niggers is there

Attached: 1526981955940.jpg (1159x918, 467K)

>all the male characters look homosexual
Thats just final fantasy

>4 spells
>the same as healers in ff14
Please tell me I'm missing something

Pretty much everything in that post is correct actually. Rotations and moving around like headless chickens to do a miniminigame inside a boas fight to not instantly lose dpesnt make the gameplay not be shit. Half the classes are so immensely braindead it may as well play itself. And no, the storyline holds itaelf in no way. It is downright awful.

It's really not, wow has way more players so they have a large lgbt playerbase but the % of them on ffxiv is insanely large.

>play XIV
>want to traverse zone
>loading screen
>want to enter building
>loading screen
>start quest
>3 minute cutscene
>cast spell
>it takes half a second until it actually goes off
>cant even mount up in most cities
>0 (zero) class customization

me on the right

They can't turn you gay, just that straight guys would rather play a cool mmo.
This is an mmo for gay guys to play and chat up other men.

That's good, it's a containment area like planet fitness is for gyms.

>but the % of them on ffxiv is insanely large
Stop going into /vg/ and modder discords, stop looking at Twatter. They only seem to be such a large demographic because you keep fucking looking for them.
I find maybe one or two of these attentionwhores every few days, and it's usually the same people.

Attached: 1527580653032.png (556x585, 620K)

you're saying this but not throwing any legit statistics or proof. you're just an anonymous faggot.

come play with us, so we can play with you

Attached: de7qTId.png.png (400x578, 511K)

Don't kid yourself man. WoW players and Blizzard are way more gay than FFXIV players and Square Enix. WoW has had this tranny/gay shit on lockdown for more than a decade.

Attached: 1534171286287.jpg (900x1200, 158K)

Everyone that has played this game or been to any place you guys post knows it's packed with gay guys and trans. That's why the lefty journalists love it so much.

Don't be ashamed of it, own it faggots

>Join Seiryu farm parties
>DPS constantly getting killed every single time
>People always fuck up the split stack
Fuck off

Boy, that post not only said pretty much nothing but was hard to read as well.
The rotations in this game vary from class to class but some of them are very hard to maximize.
If you want to talk about why something is shit try to include reasons why it is instead of just saying it is.

Played for years and only played with 1 person who was a tranny.
A fuck ton of kiwis for some reason tho

The zones are large enough that them being segmented doesn't even matter, and there are no loading screens for buildings, you stupid cuckold.
The only quests in the game with cutscenes are ones relating to the main story or special sidequest series.
Cities have teleport crystals everywhere that matters, except Limsa, because pirates can't do anything right.

The only aggressively gay fucks I encounter are on /vg/.

That's why they shill the game so much on Yea Forums, it's trannies that never leave the house..

Attached: doa.gif (480x270, 704K)

wow-kun please...it's okay. Don't blame yourself, these things just happen. You just have to let it go.
I'm so sorry for your loss....but lashing out on xiv won't bring it back, it just doesn't work that way. Just know that if you ever need a shoulder to cry on...just download the xiv 30 day twitch prime starter pack

Attached: 1349761368364.jpg (1200x630, 145K)

FFXIV is also adding a male only race full of gay bara lion men.

Attached: UNY9Wlt.png (1280x1509, 727K)

I'd fuck her silly

>play WoW
>want to traverse to populated zone
>worse FPS than FFXIV because WoW is still designed for single core CPUs instead of multi core CPUs
>want to enter town
>looks like a gay parade with all the mix match colored mounts and transexualmogs
>start quest/encounter
>addon spoils the entire quest and any fight mechanics
>cast spell
>character looks like they're having a seizure trying to fit 3 oGCDs into a single 1.5s GCD due to all the mid animation clipping
>class customization boils down to copying what specs have been datamined/theorycrafted to do the most damage

Attached: wow is shit.jpg (1920x1080, 625K)

Those faggy character designs are disgusting.

it sounds like you only play on aether which literally the lgbt server.

try any of that gay shit on chaos and you get laughed at by yuros.

Sounds like you're insecure in your own masculinity.

Attached: 1537249625678.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

So I get a lot of shit for playing DRG because of how easy the rotation is and I'm okay with that because it's super easy to play.
I'm playing MNK right now and at 60 it seems pretty straightforward, does being at 70 somehow make MNK harder than "stand in the right spot"?

Invincible phases ramp up and fuck you out of your GL uptime. Its like starting up a car over and over.

Mods please move this general to the /lgbt/ board.

Attached: Gay-Men-Kissing.jpg (1200x630, 42K)

Look up the MNK 70 rotation and decide for yourself. It might be the most "complex" of the melee DPS at endgame, but that really isn't saying much when your competition is DRG, SAM and NIN.

MNK and BLM sound easy on paper but in reality they're hard as fuck to optimize in current fights. Look at Seiryuu EX for example, the boss is going to be facing you for most of the encounter so your MNK potency takes a hit unless you like to play risky trying to stand in mechanics on purpose. Same deal with BLM where the fight tries to get you to move often so you have to cancel casts or lose uptime on your leylines.

I'm somewhat used to this when the big bads do their anime attacks for half a year and nullify all my dragon eyes.

wow-kun having a meltdown

>just got to stormblood
>power leveling summoner to 70 asap
Soon I'll be able to do the one thing I've wanted to do since I started this fucking game, summoning THE BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON.
How can other dps classes even compete?!

Attached: 1647976135462.gif (550x493, 2.68M)

By being able to do something besides spam Ruin II

By not being a jumbled mess of a job that the devs have spent 5 years trying to fix.

grats

By finding the setting that stops your fucking half dragon from blocking half the screen.

I for one, want to mate Khloe.

Attached: wow.jpg (422x856, 118K)

Summoner is pretty fucking fun atm anons

>worse FPS than FFXIV because WoW is still designed for single core CPUs instead of multi core CPUs
WoW needs to die already, it's so out of date.

Attached: 421651521.jpg (630x451, 65K)

That's why they keep making these theads on Yea Forums, trying to turn straight men gay.

Not today you filthy perverts!

people meme about the 2.5s gcd saying that it's slow but by the time I'm level 70 I fucking praise the 2.5s gcd because anything lower would be impossible with all these ogcds and procs.

Fur

Attached: 1286124745255.png (700x250, 105K)

Without going into trannyfag, shotafag or barafag shitposting, can we discuss what's likely to happen in ShB regarding the new races?

Hrothgar and Viera? Genderlocked or no? Visually distinct clans or no? What was the "variation that looks like young Elezen" slip-up about?

Attached: 0MQCcd7WpW.jpg (100x100, 13K)

It's good at 70, but it's not fun for people who are still leveling, especially as they continue to remove low level skills and traits.

In all seriousness though this is why the game can't really expand its playerbase.

Most normal guys find the male characters in this game awful to look at and so prefer to play other games, it's very similar to ffxv in that regard.

the character designs

Attached: 1506041400292.webm (918x674, 1000K)

Attached: 1524596723376.jpg (1200x1200, 103K)

Most of the straight guys on the game play female characters, which is kind of gay too.

Stop posting anytime.

Attached: 1541270291609.jpg (250x320, 14K)

I'm a straight man and I don't give a fuck about how my character looks, I chose male because I wanted to wear armor, not because I enjoy playing dress up and bothering with sliders and haircuts, you frilly faggot.

Attached: 54234.jpg (500x313, 20K)

It's a great mmo to "live in"

>Very nice housing where you can live next to friends
>literal marriage system
>Easy and quick content that doesn't take up much time
>Decent character designs
>nice crafting and gathering system
>Fair amount of dress up
>Great modding scene

There is literally no mmo better right now for someone that cares about both content and things to do while idling Ect.

it's sold ENTIRELY on the premise that it's a final fantasy game, ergo people play it for brand loyalty and nothing else, so basically the only people that play it are the kind of person who buys into something for the name despite it being garbage and a small minority of people that don't play enough MMOs or RPGs to know how bad it is

Just accept you're playing a lgbt game user, it's 2019 and it's fine.

Did you really not know the reason the far left journalists love the game so much?

fair enough, but it still bothers me that people continue to meme about the gcd when the game has way more glaring problems.

I'm impressed at how fucking awful the community.

I'm a normal straight guy and I love the armor sets in this game.

Attached: tactics ogre.jpg (534x753, 60K)

The housing is pure garbage. Probably the worst housing system in any recent MMO.

name 1 MMO community that isn't awful. they're all gay/toxic. yes even your old MMOs, some NEETs on that everquest private server just recently DDOS'd players and the devs.

It's a simple game made for weebs. It's odd, considering that its original version was not.

@451955727
low quality bait

The sad part is you guys really don't know how much of a faggy reputation the game has outside of your bubble, that's why they keep playing wow and eso.

Oh shit I understand why my 7700k/1080 combo couldnt run that fucking game at 1440p 75fps constant while XIV with Reshade and a bunch of options can at the highest settings.

Also, after playing XIV for some months I got spoiled by the style, much better and pleasant to look at than WoW trying to look like 2019 but with resources from 2009. The comic-like deformed artstyle of WoW already looks too old for me, they should try to do the same HotS.

WoW is a fucking mess I wanna go back and play WotLK again, it was so fun ;-;

what a surprise, simple games have the most players/revenue.

>Safe space

I've literally discussed the JQ during raids and nothing happened to me.

They're so rare though. it's all faggy butt capes

The only thing bad about the housing is the stupid limitations on it making a house hard to get at times and the fag they use it as a ball and chain. What other modern mmos can you even compare it to? Maplestory 2 and BDO? Those aren't even worth the download

The plot is pro-nationalist and takes a lot of shots at the UN.

This is the only game and only MMO where I have gotten noticeable anxiety while grouping. The amount of people losing their minds in groups and the flip of a coin of whether some guy who has done the mission 4,900 times already and tries to rush as fast as possible while another group member is 8 years old and its his first time playing, it's maddening.
I played tons of MMOs and multiplayer games, but this one specifically is the only one that brought me such anxiety almost every time I joined a group.

that's kinda an oxymoron since wow has a very big faggy reputation. you got furfag worgens+pandas, futa space goats, a literal fat appreciation race as a new feature, and among more degeneracy that's worse than ffxiv.

>help out Zhloe
>use the Zhloe's Friend title
>secretly want to be Khloe's friend

Dont be a wuss. Its a bunch of dorks playing a final fantasy game.

>Say negative shit about trannies in wow
>on trade chat
>Flamewar starts
Again that also happens with anything.

wow has a lot of gay people who play

ffxiv is gay

By doing more dps with half the work

It’s Japanese

it's a shame that helmet looks like ass on any other set

ffxiv is big gay*

did you just miss the recent expansion where it was literally libtards getting btfo, refugees getting btfo, and a giant wall gating the worlds problems but libtards decided to break it down and cause more problems?

Attached: conference.png (1171x787, 764K)

>Play wow
>Don’t even leave your favorite empty city and demand to be summoned everywhere because you are doing something very important
FTFY

wow is big gay in both players and staff.

I think that was a design choice honestly, quite a lot of women play it because of the effeminate men.

The problem with guys who play masculine characters is they don't buy cosmetics, they just get a good set of armor and are done.

One of the best things about Shroud of the Avatar is that character customization is pretty bad, so it keeps the faggots away. They don't even have a halfling race, and elves are ayylamos.

>your game is gayer than my game
Mmos are for homos. To answer op it looks like anime and thats the number one aesthetic for obnoxious people.

Have you considered extending your vocabulary beyond the words /pol/ teaches you?

Attached: 1530177614498.jpg (1917x2133, 471K)

that's why you play as a dps instead of a tank

Attached: mnk.jpg (1646x454, 289K)

I don't think you know how loved this game is in the progressive left, the chat moderation on ffxiv is really strict too lately because of it.

They hate most online games because of the toxic people that play them, that's not an issue on this game due to the game masters that crack down hard though.

>Also, after playing XIV for some months I got spoiled by the style, much better and pleasant to look at than WoW trying to look like 2019 but with resources from 2009. The comic-like deformed artstyle of WoW already looks too old for me, they should try to do the same HotS.
Even LOTRO looks better than WoW and it's just as old.

>the chat moderation on ffxiv is really strict
literally GMs don't give a shit what you say until someone reports it then they're forced to take action. it's the same way it works on Yea Forums, you can spam offtopic shit all day but then it gets deleted once someone reports it.

WARRIOR OF LIGHT YOU MUST FUCK MY SISTER! I'VE NEVER SEEN HER ACT LIKE THIS. SHE BECOMES SOAKING WET JUST AT THE SIGHT OF YOU! I FEAR THAT IF HEAR SEXUAL URGES AREN'T MET, THEY MAY THREATEN TO SUMMON A PRIMAL, LEVIATHAN MOST LIKELY. PLEASE, THE VERY FUTURE OF EORZIA IS AT STAKE!
IT SIMPLY CAN'T DO IT MYSELF. THE ONLY TALENT I HAVE IN THIS AREA OF STUDY IS BEATING MY MEAT WITH THE SAME FEROCITY A GARLEAN MIGHT BEAT A MHIGGAN. YOU MUST DO THIS! EVEN NOW I CAN HEAR HER BEGGING FOR YOUR HYDEALEN ENHANCED SEED.

Attached: 134976123483.jpg (406x470, 18K)

Wait, do you really not know the reputation ffxiv has with normal mmo players? There is no way this is news to you guys.

Didn't even have to ask

Attached: 1532823041645.jpg (1408x2000, 351K)

please fall into magic coma you two spell hack fraud

define "normal mmo players". wow is seen as normie shit and it still has a huge reputation of being populated by futas, furries, and degenerates.

How these threads continually get worse amazes me. Maybe we really do need an occasional thread purge.

Attached: dudebrologic.jpg (500x1200, 134K)

Being fat isnt LGBT, it's just being fat. Do you not know what LGBT is?

There's other mmos besides ffxiv and wow?

Large Gut Big Tits

a community that embraces fat people is considered to be a safe space among lgbt just like how chris chan was accepted into a lgbt social circle despite being incredibly autistic and fat.

Legitimate Gram-Beast Tranny?

Attached: 1528414584719.gif (273x335, 506K)

Everyone not playing ffxiv already. It's like you're totally oblivious the rep your game has and why most people don't want to play it....

it's because wowtards and random phoneposters shit it up.

That's not because of the art style, that's because of the freaks that play it.

>doomguy describing the perfect gf.

>the rep your game has and why most people don't want to play it
Because you have to pay extra to skip a long sequence of story quests and leveling to be caught up to everybody else?

FUCK that's sexy.
What armor set is that?

FF11

I wish you were even half right so my dungeons would stop being infested with retards with this desire to let everyone know they're"wowrefugees"

show me this rep then or a "normal mmo player". they're not normal, they have some degree of autism, ocd, or adhd.

>Trusts are now a thing
I wonder why? Weren't they a band aid for a dwindling sub count for 11, so content could still be done by people?

Why would Yoshi literally chose to support single player content in an MMO? Just because it was popular in 11 (for a reason)? Just seems like an awful decision at this point in the game.

Fuck off back to /vg/, you're not supposed to post generals here anyway.

you mean the community that was cliquey as hell at endgame and would purposefully MPK noobs for fun?

WEEB ANIME SHIT

So new players, shitters, and social retards can do story mandated dungeons and shit without a care.

That dude has other problems besides being fat.

I absolutely hate FFX, XIII and XV though you lying sack of shit.

Play any other mmorpg for a few days, most of them games are filled with normies.

There are no normies on ff14, you're all fucking weirdos. It's like a sony gay parade when you login to this game.

The awful decision is that it's for Shadowbringers content only so people pre-SB MSQ still have to suffer 30min+ queues for not choosing tank/healer

>DPSvirgins have to wait
Tell me why I should care

the producer has been playing ff11 lately, he is just shoehorning stuff into the game cause he ran out of stuff to copy from wow

I took your advice and this is what I got.

Attached: wow.png (533x516, 364K)

Rising Dragon Set from the wolf den pvp area

>no normies
Come to cactuar. It is normalfag central

>most of them games are filled with normies.
literally where? last I checked normies haven't played MMOs since 2010. normies are into mobas and battle royales, not skinnerbox grinds.

FF11 is pretty great honestly, you can make any joke you want on world chat and everyone just laughs. Even the fags on ff11 are based and laugh at themselves.

>WAIT
>FUCKING NIGGERS NIGGER NIG NIG NIG NIG

Attached: 1534057143886.jpg (225x225, 6K)

I've played pretty much most major mmos, and played a few to endgame and I agree. Ff14 has a weird rep that keeps it from being bigger. Also that game seems to focus more dress up, housing, cosmetics and just living in the world. I think that also holds it back because some want great game play.

Putting aside the fact that levelling tank/healer makes the MSQ much easier in general, it's still aids that you have to run shit literally no one benefits from to progress.

>Warcraft
You think we'll ever get a WoW crossover event to make WoWfugees feel welcome at FFXIV? If they did....

Crossover Job: Shaman, Weapon: Mace, Role: Your choice!
Minions: Wind-up Jaina, Wind-up Thrall
Mounts: Deathwing
Raids: Azeroth Stories - The Lich King
Primal: Gul'dan, Lord of the Legion

Attached: nowkiss_ffxivwow.png (638x2833, 1.99M)

it's a weeb magnet

I've said this 100 times before and I'll say it again.

STOP
PLAYING
ON
AETHER

I hate how the progressives are infesting Japanese games and making them shit too now.

It’s full of anime characters. Wtf do you expect?

the game is getting bigger though.

Attached: last expansion numbers vs current expansion numbers.jpg (385x688, 57K)

>wow shitposters think they know the true depths of this game
YOU ARE LIKE SMALL CHILD. BEHOLD.

Attached: 1548265944970.png (5512x4168, 1.28M)

Almost all the people who tried 14 quit playing, there is a reason for that.

Same was gonna resub, joined some random guild discord and 4 trannies were on there. Immidiately uninstalled after that. Its like lifting, and being attractive. Then going to a convention only to find out that the convention for the hobby you enjoy is full of neckbeards, fat ugly trannies, and disabled women drooling on themselves. Would you want to stay at the convention after seeing that and its all you see?

Yoshida and Soken said that they personally want to do a Diablo collab. But it's never going to happen due to the sheer language barrier and the fact that Activision refuses to work with their competition.

>be on a roleplay server
>have to deal with futa catgirls wanting to be fucked or get the succ
>or progression strombabies that cant do content without a guide
>or shitty roleplayers with their snowflake OOC
>or people who use ffxiv as either facebook or reddit

Imagine if they never rereleased it.

Almost all the people who tried WoW quit playing, there is a reason for that.

I really wish Yea Forums had poster IDs.

I'll add this to my collection.

Attached: fantasia.png (901x7040, 551K)

I'd be playing PSO2 still while violently complaining that it'll never get an english translation as I grind millions of currency to buy a high school outfit.

only if you play on aether. jp and eu server laugh at gays on a daily basis.

Yeah right, next you'll want to see my logs

gay guys buy cosmetics for their characters, if straight guys spent money maybe they would give u different characters that appealed 2 u?

Lucky for you, Yea Forums is about to be a pay only website. Same with 4channel. Hiro is full on set to completely tank this site.

This, my friends and I gave WoW a try first and realized how outdated it is to the point that it's just not fun.

name a bigger ani-tranny game

>Good housing
>Good dress up
>Focus on social and slice of life aspects
>More sexualized than most modern MMOs
>More freedom in determining what your character is like

Those are some of the reasons.

The game is fine, just don't play on NA or EU servers. Jp players aren't freaks.

It's a shit game so inherently all the retards will play it. Even you.

it's almost like MMORPGs are shit

XIV manages to stand out for how terrible the community is. It's filled with insufferable people who are miserable to be around and they're generally awful at the game.

It'll be one 'race'. The Viera and Hrothgar will be gender locked and be considered a clan of their own within said race just for name's sake. Yoshi will try to make up for it by giving them more customization options than other races.

That's fine with me. I remember the day when Captcha was down here for hours and the post quality on all boards went up dramatically. It was fantastic.

If that's not possible then at last have a Pass Day where only Pass users can post for 24 hours or give Pass users the ability to see poster IDs on any board.

stop playing on aether

Attached: gay al.jpg (320x330, 34K)

Everybody shut the fuck up right now and listen.

What fucking server do you play on right now?

Describe your server community. Is it really that bad as this thread implies?

Attached: akatsufrog.jpg (1024x1024, 91K)

I never played on Aether.

Annoying part is that they try REALLLY hard to make it a part of the game
>autists advertise their gay (actually gay, for gay people) discord on party finder
>my server has "gay friendly" free companies
>had a player transfer to my server and ask for a "gay only" FC because they said they would be harassed otherwise
>everyone else tries to tell that one person that they don't give a fuck if they're gay and to shut up about it
>B-B-BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, BEING GAY IS MY LIFE
>still continues to mention they're gay since it's the only notable characteristic about them
it's insufferable. There's also the gay catboys that are just as annoying, dress naked and make a bunch of cringy furry gay puns

Not him, but I'm on primal. The infestation is everywhere.

BDO is 2000% a much better and immersive game than FFXIV, however.

Balmung. Not really. If you avoid /xivg/ and the Quicksand then its basically like every other server filled with normies.

Omega.
It's quite alright.

Im sure thats why its thriving.

fpbp. The less accessible and more grindy the game, the higher the autist to normie ratio.

BDO also has 2000% more korean grindan and pay2win than ff14.

I play on Kujata JP because I live in Australia. Got recruited into some OCE FC with some nice people to talk with, it gets lonely in dungeons since basically everyone is Japanese but I haven't seen any loud mouthed retards.

>I'm on primal
which server

see

Cause it's old, outdated, and ruined by shitty owners

>You have to play the game to progess in it
Lmao go buy a booster faggot

Odin-Eu
How would I know, I don't engage in rp shit

Attached: 1508989659971.jpg (1920x1200, 373K)

mhmm yes so immersive for a game to officially support botting

Attached: thicc.webm (842x640, 2.94M)

Why is the glitter on her gauntlet?

so that makes ffxiv the normie mmo since its highly accessible while sandbox shit is for highly autistic people

Diabolos
Very diverse server. Some raid, some craft, some are casuals. Just ruined by some bad apples. No one is ever at quicksand, since the RP community is pretty nonexistant. Fuckton of bots that advertise their gil services.

Because wow is shit. WoW had millions and millions of subscribers and now I'd be surprised if they cleared a million. Where did all those millions go and why didnt they go to FF14? Some did but a vast majority didnt.

>Where did all those millions go
literally MOBAs. the decline from cataclysm and beyond is around the time league of legends was released and dota 2 was announced

Cactuar. I only ever hear horror stories. Never encountered anything like the crazy shit I read here or on /vg/. Only gay thing I see is the discord that constantly advertises in the party finder.

Attached: 1531810051907.jpg (1032x728, 139K)

Hyperion
Switched from Brynhildr because that server is fucking normie field and pretty lonely, and that is filled with casuals trying to raid, and that Hyperion has plenty of latins in there so I can at least have some spanish talks every so.

The server is pretty much perfect for me, no ERP, cities always with people and talking or doing shit without bothering and decent economy.

It is, though.

Exodus. Fuck ton of PS4 normies and WoWrefugees. I would love for the server to become a degenerate minefield like this thread says the game is because then I can post all the shit that goes on.

SE should've capitalized on blizzards fuck ups and captured those players.

>The zones are large enough
They're generally much, much smaller than XI's fucking maps from 16 years ago. Them adding flying mounts made the problem all the more worse and obvious just how much of a diorama the maps are.

Just another fourteen year old animator without a PC strong enough to handle firefly reduction when rendering.

Gilgamesh is pretty great. The world's always full of people running around and hunts are a blast.

Attached: girugamesh.jpg (680x498, 61K)

As opposed to repeating the same dungeon instances endlessly and having a 400 filler questline tutorial with a monthly subscription, pay to play and STILL a cash shop with no option to even retouch your character's race and visuals for less than 10 bucks. In a game that has no actual character creation but premade models with shared animations.

>Odin
There is very little cancer but it's concentrated at the aetheryte plaza in Limsa.
The FCs are all on discord
Game is deserted besides Kugane, Rhalgr's Reach and Limsa

But you're not playing the game. You're sitting in line for hours unable to progress.

Fuck your segmented, invisible wall areas.

AFK fishing still manages to be more engaging than 95% of XIV's content, to be honest.

they aren't gay

Ultros.
It's ok. Just don't do hunts there.
There's a Yea Forums FC that seem to mostly keep to themselves, and the former GAF, now ERA FC is still more or less in hiding, I think. Mostly quiet, cozy server with activity in the places you need them to be. Novice Network is, of course, full of fags.

>Excalibur
Filled with faggots who think they are better than they actually are because they are on a legacy server

What?

By the time you reach the areas where you can use flying mounts, you won't even be using zone transitions beyond the very first time you enter the zone. You're teleporting to every zone from then on and only if there's a beast tribe or you're a gatherer. Which is another issue entirely.

They're kinda already doing it now. Where do you think the term "WoWrefugee" came from? People are leaving BFA to go to other MMOs. FFXIV is the most common choice for them since the gameplay and raids are similar.

Balmung. Even if you're looking for degeneracy you'll have to look hard, as all the mega perverts left to Mateus or are hardwalled into their own cliques.

There are a LOT of people who do nothing but talk. About 10 people who do the megajew thing because having 5 billion gil isn't enough. Balmungers that actually play the game are pretty good players. They are just a smaller percentage of the overall population and thus are easier to miss.

The Novice Network is actually helpful and people are quick to trip over themselves to help if you're a returner or sprout. Including handing out free shit.

I stated some are coming to 14, but wow had a TON of players, something like 12 million. I know they're capitalizing now with bfa and 14s twitch program, but I'm saying they should've been doing it all along, and not necessarily using the twitch free month method.

Tonberry. JP server but has English speakers on it. People are very chill and PF is actually very helpful, you can pug O12S easily while on NA server you MUST have a premade static.

Well around the time WoW was first showing decline FFXIV was still in it's 1.0 phase that was flopping both financially and critically. It's only now they can take advantage of it since FFXIV is growing both in revenue and players.

enjoy your p2winnan

Attached: BDO-p2w.png (1026x3358, 444K)

>megajew
reminds me of my server's megajew
>complains about getting undercut
>goes and undercuts along with saying "pm me for 50% off"
>has likely billions of gil by now
>still megajews while acting like a pompous self righteous asshole bragging about how good they are at megajewing
raided with them once in pf and they kept wiping us, blamed the healers then left.

Theres no numbers to back this up on either side. Its just people crying on forums.

Bro WoW hasnt had 12m active subs since Wrath. Its close to 1-2m now and thats being generous given the decline in numbers when they last reported in WoD and Legion.

ask your novice network about WoW. you'll get several

There's Armory/Lodestone parsing through the use of Python/Java db scripts, which is the closest thing to seeing active user for both games. FFXIV is on a positive trend while WoW is on a negative trend.

Knowing about WoW doesnt make you a WoWfugee. I know a ton about WoW and started XIV back at 2.0's launch. I just keep up to date on big news.

You can't get people who like wow or eso to move to ffxiv enmasse because the games are totally different.

The kind of people that play wow like badass characters and are hardcore players, ffxiv is a basedboys wet dream and all easy as piss content.

Moving from wow to ffxiv is like american football players going to college to learn feminist dance theory.

>immersive
Sure. It has a pretty world with very lively npcs that give the whole thing a great atmosphere.
>better
Fuck no. You go afk for half the shit you do, and progression doesn't actually lead you anywhere. This was the only game that made me stop and ask myself why the fuck I was doing any of this. Unless you pvp, the only interaction you have is with npcs.

They could've done more during arr. It's mainly their design decisions. Leveling off a story is great, but the overworld is shit. There's no threat of dying. This is coming from a company that made FF11. Why is pop so goddamn bad feeling? Why does the game lock itself to animations that aren't tied to cast bar? Why does my character slip and slide around when performing certain actions? Why is there no class customization? Why does raiding feel like it's an online version of ff14? Wows raiding design is good, why didnt they steal from that? It's a final fantasy game but it feels like it's not sometimes with the parts that unique to SE and for the parts that aren't, they're done subpar

you know what I meant

bruh ultimate and savage in ffxiv are harder than mythic in wow. WoW is a joke for hardcore players now between how dumbed down mechanics are, the PTR spoiling all the mechanics in advance, and add-ons holding your hand for everything.

Attached: top percentile raiding.jpg (1356x842, 202K)

Odin-EU

One of the best as long as you avoid Limsa Lominsa. Lots of friendly, long running FC's and hunt linkshells. Not hard to find good groups for extreme and ultimate content.

Two races, both genderlocked
Viera only female
Hrothgars only males
6.0 will ungenderlock them and Yoshi will say some stupid shit like "We said no more races, but we never said no updating current races"
Clans will just be a small skin color change
"Variation that looks like young Elezen" is just Alisaie's hair for Viera

XiV is literally just copy pasted WoW. Similar content structure, similar gearing processes, similar queuing mechanics. You might hate the lore but anyone who has played WoW can play XIV just as well.

>pop
Pvp

Savage isn't harder than later-tier Mythics, although I will give you Ultimates. You're also implying first clears in XIV don't rely on ACT/timeline either.

>why does raiding feel like it's an online version of FF14
What
>This is coming from a company that made FF11
Two separate dev teams. Not related.
>Wows raiding design is good
Not since Uldar almost 10 years ago

>but we never said no updating current races
You'll have to reword that since they have, in response to people asking for more customization options on the existing races or removing the stupid face-type categorization, which honestly should have been done for ARR's release.

I know I'm just saying SE should've looked at how they fucked up and try draw those customers in with better gameplay

World of Warcraft.

Attached: stqmov9u.jpg (800x600, 180K)

>The kind of people that play wow like badass characters
Actual cringe.

Elder Scrolls Online.

Attached: 37xwf0x1.jpg (960x540, 195K)

Final Fantasy XIV.

Attached: fk2yn0vz.jpg (748x748, 153K)

>ff14
I meant 13
Separate dev teams but there's alot pulled over from 11 already, so they know the game. Uldar was the peak, but the design is still good. Most of 14 is walk to the end of the hallway and fight a boss on a platform.

XIV gameplay isn't bad. Its just got a slow start. Most jobs end up having as many actions per minute as WoW ones by max level. Hopefully they remedy this by revamping combat in a way that provides more core skills to lower levels like WoW did when you start with some of your key skills at 10. That being said WoW retail is in a bad position because of all the negativity surrounding BFA that doesn't seem to be improving, while hype for Shadowbringers is about to peak next month and might be their best expansion.

lmao

Attached: Breton-Hero-Male-Close-Front.jpg (372x768, 89K)

Not him, but it's no different from they people that want humans with cat ears, humans with horns, or tall humans with pointy ears.

Mythic is fucking braindead mechanic wise. It's only harder because there's more variables to take into account like having 20 players instead of 8. More chances of 20 people screwing up than 8.

MORTAL KOOOOOMBAT

Most of the people on the FFXIV team have never worked on XI. They're being pulled from other divisions. Most notable is that they have quite a decent amount of people that worked on games from forever ago like vagrant story and tactics

basically this, the mmo and ff game combo is enough to attract people with no standards or self respect

>Hopefully they remedy this by revamping combat in a way that provides more core skills to lower levels like WoW did when you start with some of your key skills at 10.
You wish. They'll just make us mash 1 more instead.

Attached: buttonmashing.jpg (500x117, 15K)

JP have much higher ultimate clear rates than NA and EU and they play on PS4 with no add-ons while using a controller. It only shows how bad NA/EU raiders are that need addon+KB macro crutches to win.

With wow you have people that want to play sexy females and then you have people that want to be cool male characters. On ffxiv you have people that want to play sexy females and you have gay guys, the people who prefer to play male characters have awful models in this game so they will never play it.

What they should do is add a new race with really masculine looking characters but they just keep adding embarrassing shit.

I remember Yoshida saying he wasnt a fan of the idea of bringing over that combo mechanic to PvE, but hes changed his mind before. I'd welcome it if it mean adding more skills in their place.

>the first time in a long while that I don't feel like logging on ffxiv
the burnout...it's coming bros

That didn't work for 1.0 though. It had the same FF brand name and MMO genre tag but it failed in reviews and finances. It wasn't until 2.0 reboot that the game became a success. So let this be a lesson that brand name doesn't carry a game alone if it's that bad. So clearly they did something right with the reboot if lots of players and reviewers love it

But some did, and this guy was pretty involved in both 11 and 14
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihiko_Matsui

They went for the aion character design aesthetic.

Hey question. Started fairly recently and I have a exp buff that lasts til level 60. Does it go away when I hit 60 on one class or all of them?

There are numerous people in high positions and key roles who worked on XIV, from game designers to select artists. Obviously, the majority probably never worked on XI, but those calling the shots have.

90 days from character creation

Hyperion. It was the first server I clicked on when I made my character back when ARR launched and I have never had any issues with other people. There always seems to be a decent amount of people around.

I love summoning bahamut, but the fact that he's too afraid to cast Ahk Morn if he's not holding your hand really brings him down. You basically become a BLM for 20 seconds and I hate it.

no, it does not go away. when you swap to a class that's below 60, you have the buff again.

That's because they tried to do a different version of 11, but their design decisions didnt mesh well with others. Like bringing over the tons of menus from 11 was stupid. And the copy paste terrain. They also did a bad job with optimization and the process of leveling was bad. Sometimes you leveled in a group ala ff11 style, sometimes you did leves, but they were on timers. It was all around bad.

Cool, thanks.

Anime style and it’s not as well known mainstream, FF is full of autists in general and so are MMOs

I enjoyed what I played a lot, though

yoshida was never a fan of adding pvp rotations in pve, he's strictly against it and I agree with him because we don't need the game dumbed down more. the game already works perfectly with the number of buttons it has with controller.

>whispers: NIGGER
cracks my shit up

Making the pointless combo lines into a combo button allows for more complexity by making space for short cooldown active skills to be weaved in.

The problem is that this limits them in how many actions they can add, or forces them to do pruning.

sounds retarded. if you really want to cut down ability bloat then merge certain abilities. for example defiance and deliverance don't have to be two different buttons, it could be merged into 1 button like how they changed fellcleave/innerbeast. abyssal drain doesn't have to be its own button either, make it dark arts upgrade for unmend. you could also effectively give ninja a dozen more abilities at the cost of only 1 hotbar slot just through the mudra system.

see
pruning isn't the only answer. you can merge abilities or spin them off into passives. like darkside doesn't have to be an active toggle if you always have it on, just make it passive and tune it appropriately.

just play a private server

>all I care about is dress up
fuck off ani-tranny

Retarded posts.

>you can merge abilities or spin them off into passives.
You can't merge everything though. Sure, you may save one or two skill spots on tanks, but most other classes don't have a toggle button like the tanks do.
Also, Abyssal Drain and Unmend have about as much in common as Flash and Total Eclipse, so merging them is not a good idea.

how do i play DRK in dungeons? abyssal drain spam? i feel a lot more squishy than WAR though i'm still only level 63.

If we currently have the perfect number of abilities, then the only way they can add more is by pruning or fusing other abilities to make room.

I don't understand why people are so afraid of contextual combos. There's zero skill involved in pressing 3 buttons in sequence, if you're saying that makes the game "smarter" you must be a drooling retard. Mapping your cds, aligning rotations with big dick bursts and even buffs from other players, that's the real appeal of combat.

unmend = single target enmity ability
abyssal drain = multi target enmity ability
dark arts + unmend = abyssal drain

name a class that needs ability merging and I'll give you my suggestion

b-but I'm a girl!

AD, Quietus, and later TBN make you invincible during big pulls

there's negative value skill involved just mashing 1 button.

This is the second time I've heard the game described as single player designed. So it isn't going to punish you if you don't have some 20 person guild on hand at all times as far as progression goes?

you make the game like wow where all you do is

Lawful Good Bacon Tomato?

>unmend = single target enmity ability
>abyssal drain = multi target enmity ability
So, they have a different role? Glad we agree.

yoshida is an orange parser

or they can just not add more abilities/raise the level cap in a future expansion. worked for ffxi back when the level cap was the same for many expansions.

>abyssal drain doesn't have to be its own button either, make it dark arts upgrade for unmend.
But you can't use un-DAed AD if you do that.

you can 2 roles in 1 button. single target without dark arts, multi target with dark arts. also blood price and blood weapon don't have to be 2 buttons either if you understand how they work.

Xiv classes have nowhere near the depth that Xi classes had though.

No, it's zero. Pressing 123 is zero skill. Pressing 111 is zero skill. Except one of them allows for more actions to actually make a job more interesting to play, because ogcds is where any sort of thinking gets involved.

Correlation doesn't imply causation, and simple rotations are just a small problem for why WoW's end game is shit, and most those reasons are listed in the exact post you quoted, but thanks for once again pointing out that only retards with no critical thinking skills hate contextual combos.

so buff AD to make it regen no matter what. people have been saying forever that DRK needs buffs/changes and here they are.

xi depth boils down to copying what OP comp and horizontal gear is recommended for the encounter.

Why not just buff unleash and give it a DA effect for health drain?

>reintroduce elemental resistances and weaknesses
>BLM gets their own elemental wheel
>replace fire/blizzard/thunder with astral/umbral/neutral placeholders
>active element on the wheel adjusts the skill's element and animation
>for example: active element fire gives you astral fire/umbral blizzard/neutral thunder
>switching active element to ice gives you astral blizzard/umbral aero/neutral water
>rotation essentially stays the same with throwing out as many astral element IV as possible, recovering mp with umbral elements, and damage over time neutral elements
>give WHM dia and banish in place of aero and stone
How fucked up would this be.
personally I'd hate it but I thought about it anyway.

Attached: Z.jpg (239x211, 7K)

>dude just make drk need to spam dark arts even more

nobody was complaining about dark arts back in heavensward when the gcd is higher so make it like that.

what's wrong with giving dark arts more uses? right now you spam it on literally 1 button and that's soul eater.

>reintroduce elemental resistances and weaknesses
But user, they already did that!
Don't tell me you have forgotten?

Attached: 4887654.jpg (441x468, 58K)

It's over, normies are finally woke.
youtube.com/watch?v=IuGKIowPCmo

Don't worry, it would require thought from the player, so shit like that is never happening.

as an east coast player it's literally impossible to use more than one ogcd without clipping ever since the data center move. on single target you're using DA on two out of every three gcds.

I'm in miami and I can double weave just fine. learn how to setup better routes.

What? I'm in Florida and as long as I use a VPN, I can double weave without any issues.

yes... are you stating that for clarification?
The prior person already said that, and just saying it in different words seems pointless, unless that was meant to be a question.

People roleplaying on a roleplay server? Say it ain't so.

NO NO NO NO NO IT CAN'T BE HAPPENING WOWBROS

DA in general needs a buff. It's the only DRK spell that breaks their weaponskill combo and the HP regen is too small for the amount of MP it requires with dark arts.

Can you back up the WoWfugee flood with actual numbers and not anecdotal evidence? As it stands the Census itself shows we’re staying around the same active character count of 550k - 620k. Rarely less and rarely more.

Abyssal Drain*

single player is exagerated, but "low man" is more accurate.

the main story requires dungeons to be done, in order to continue.
you can out level those dungeons,a nd opt to do them solo, but this is more trouble than its worth.

by the time u get to the upper 15 levels, u can no longer solo dungeons by out leveling them. (There is one boss fight at Lv35, which requires at least 2 people to beat, even if you have a max level player.)

The endgame bosses require 8 people, and the "easy" endgame bosses are done with 24 people. (You dont need to get a group together, just press a button, and the game puts u in line to join the next group)

for the hardest content, ull want a group of 7 friends, as trying to do it with random ppl is a bitch.

Attached: ifyouliveintheselocationscongratsyoucanplaythegame.gif (750x375, 87K)

the census doesn't count players below level 31 or people on the trial. wowrefugees are people that are most likely going to be on the trial or low level.

if you want don't want that criteria involved in the census, use this: github.com/XIVStats/XIVStats-Gatherer-Java/releases

he wants it on BLM, not the reskinned BLM

he wants it
You sure?
>personally I'd hate it

>doubles weaves from east coast
git gud dumb nigger

Attached: 1.png (248x180, 60K)

Wouldnt it make sense to cut them out given the trials cap is 35? Best to play the numbers safe and count those who actually got convinced to buy the game rather than just trying it out user, might as well use the 14 Million Player count from last year since it counts all accounts who have ever tried to game.

the luckybancho census has more crtieria it cuts out, that's just the gist of it. look up their page if you want full details.

also like I said if you want the full numbers that you can sort by your own criteria, feel free to do it

>playing sam
>calling someone else dumb
At least be a little self-aware.

>sam
now do it on mch

it's single player in the sense that job quests and most of the main story is done solo. but you obviously must group for dungeons, specific main story content, raids, hunts, pvp, etc.

Liquor Guns Bacon Tiddies, duh

Attached: D0BJmugUYAA2vRq.jpg (1000x1415, 130K)

That dialogue was completely explained in 4.5 MSQ and it's clearly not what you probably thing it is

MCH is for trannies that think they're too good for BRD.

DPS is all that matters in this game and SAM/BLM are the highest.

more like if you have Comcast you can't play.

Every now and then I really want to get back into this game because I fucking love the music, bosses and crafting, but every time it feels like shit to have to put up with the slowed down combat and lack of customisation in jobs.
I don't mind the 2,5 GCDs but everything feels so fucking sluggish compared to pretty much any other good game out there, it's as if there was a ~0.3 delay on every action because damage is also tied to animations for some fucking reason and you can't weave more than 2ogcds because their network is fucking shit. Then the enemies are slow as fuck, their health depletes in the most unsatisfactory way, they take 20 years to turn around, then ticks are tied to servers for some godawful reason,... Even though it's never going to happen I really wish they'd rework the combat and movement in XIV, it'd make it the best game by a long shot. Are you guys not bothered by how combat operates compared to other games?

Attached: 1548636424626.jpg (1500x1077, 352K)

>rDPS is all that matters in this game
ftfy

>DPS is all that matters in this game and SAM/BLM are the highest.
I'm just a sprout but samurai doesn't seem to have any party buffs and surely it's party dps that matters instead of personal?

and sam is for retards that are too terrible for drg, nin, monk
double weave on a job that actually has troubles with high ping

Yeah, you're right its just something samurai has to do to cope.
I was a monk in heavenward and said similar things.

if rDPS is all that matters then you wouldn't be playing MCH, you would be playing NIN.

It ultimately depends on your comp. party dps is pointless if your party sucks or doesn't align cd's right. 2MNK& 2SAM that's outputting 8k each is going to contribute more than a DPS team that's only outputting 5k each with trick attack involved

in the past attacks could have upwards of 2 seconds to animate.
so ud have enemies who would fall down dead, when u pressed a button, ur character jumps in the air, charges up a shot, shoots nothing, because there is nothing alive, and u see damage numbers floating in the air, with no enemy around.

so they changed the game to have damage after the attack.
which is also annoying, and needed a middle ground. (and shorter animations, if its not a cast/charge up)

SAM double weaves a lot more than DRG you retard. kaiten and shinten

Based Odinbros. Its a decent server to play on.
Though I haven't had much luck lately. In the last couple weeks I had the displeasure to meet 2 clingy fags who wouldn't shut up about how they are depressed and have to go to the hospital, the 2 of which I had to block because they kept pestering me. I pretty much never block people. It's oddly specific. I hate it.

Attached: 1550607464770.png (715x857, 356K)

you can only weave 2 ogcds, it's designed that way. even in WoW you can't even do 3 ogcds in 1 gcd.

>comparing shit like jumps and dragonsight to kaiten and shinten

Attached: DE30jZAXcAAVnVc.png (900x740, 808K)

I'm in MA and my connection is always excellent.

Jenova
We seem to have some ERP bleedover from the main degenerate servers, but they kind of just hang around in Limsa, anyone who actually plays goes elsewhere.

The people I play with are pretty normal, work during the day, play at night or housewives.

I don't have a problem with it because it's a Final Fantasy game. FFXI and past games are way more slower and clunkier than FFXIV. Don't get me started on the tickrate on FFXI.

What's the fastest way to get Crystal Sands. Almost at that step of the HW relic and I don't want it to take forever

>connection went from excellent to good when the servers moved
you got lucky user

itsnot frequency but animation locks, and animation clipping.
SAm was designed to avoid clipping.

what exactly are you looking for then? name a MMO that does something better. WoW is bogged down to the same 2ogcds per gcd, customization in classes boils down to copying what the internet says does the most damage because they datamined/theorycrafted it to the bone.

amber. there's a levequest that takes place in hinterlands that you can just fly around in and open a chest if it spawns. get the chest, abandon leve, retry, look again

The guy who designed that set stopped years ago though. Whoever designs them now just recolors or frankensteins old pieces of armor and has a fetish for assymetrical clothes

>Are you guys not bothered by how combat operates compared to other games?
Not really. I don't see any MMOs that do better.

Attached: wipe.webm (960x544, 2.71M)

so this.... is the power.... of the eye of nidhogg

that's a problem with animation locks, not double weaving. blame the client not the server.

I don't get what people mean when they say the game is sluggish. I can do a 1080 degree spin with the flick of my mouse in FFXIV the same way I do in WoW. Try doing that in FFXI or Runescape.

its both.
poorly designed animations work fine in the dev office, where they have almost no ping to themselves (not using official servers to test this stuff out, and even then, ping is lower for them on the official servers)

the ping multiplies the issue.
but remove 1 or the other, and the problem is fine. but both together is the main issue.

Famfrit
the only people that speak to anyone are the attentionwhore sluts at the limsa aetherite. i've been living in the same goblet house for years and have never seen another player.

even if you have 0ms you still have to do deal with DRG and MCHs shitty animation locks. you can test it yourself on that one ffxiv server emulator.

Level 62 WAR here.Any dps/heals want to queue together on primal? I'm pretty shit, but I'll get us through some dungeons.

Last group I played with were so insufferably bad. BLM who didn't aoe, and a SMN who didn't use dots because "I forgot, sorry".

>coliseum set never get mods I like
Surely a good metal bikini can't be hard to find

Attached: dc76ae9a-0188-476c-9236-c8f9b5ff582c.jpg (1920x1080, 1.73M)

and that's a good thing. SB got the main job design right while ARR/HW job design is still suffering.

I would help but I'm about to head off to my classes in a bit, just trying to squeeze some shitposts in before I go.

>and animation clipping
All I ask for is for every animation to have at most, a quarter-second wait with their animation before a queue'd offgcd is allowed to go off, because some jobs have such atrocious animation delay on some GCDs that it's impossible to double-weave with them unless you had perfect internet conditions.

Of course you can just mod the exh table that stores all these delays since it's client-side enforced bullshit...

Maybe the 2ogcds thing was a bad example on my end because the situations in which you want to weave 3ogcds are pretty rare... But I mean, it doesn't feel responsive at all in general for the other reasons described above. It's frustrating to me.
>WoW is bogged down to the same 2ogcds per gcd
It is, but as much as I hate what WoW has become, actions and movement feel crisp in that game. Macros are (were? I guess you need them anymore these days) responsive and a fun thing to tinker with.
>what exactly are you looking for then? name a MMO that does something better.
I don't know user, that's the problem. All MMOs are shit at the moment except XIV. I just wondered what
>customization in classes boils down to copying what the internet says does the most damage because they datamined/theorycrafted it to the bone.
You're probably right about that one, it's probably me liking to have even the illusion of a choice. Datamining is fucking shit too, that's another good thing about XIV, you don't know everything there's to know about the patch before it even releases, I love it.

You can spin your character around, yes, but everything else is delayed. Summoning your mount is slighty delayed. When you start moving at the end of a cast time, it still goes off as if the game took half a second to register your action. The way health depletes or fills up is slow. You can feel your character being restrained all the time. Can't look upwards, can't move around too much because of invisible walls (as much of a necessary evil as they are), can't fly/swim in any direction you want,... This all adds up. With all that said that's probably worsened by the fact that I'm used to faster combat in general from being a fightan game autist and never played XI.

Attached: 1548545885164.png (500x377, 333K)

>Midgardsormr
Been playing since 2.0 because it's relatively normal, and has remained that way till today. Never see anything cringey outside of certain notorious people like anna banana chan. That annoying motherfucker can eat shit and go back to balmung.

>I just wondered what
*other anons thought about the combat after all this time. Seems like you guys don't care about it much.

is this mmo any good i can't stand BFA any longer

Cactuar, it's just a big mix of every kind of player, I see plenty of people that I know are from Yea Forums based on how they type as well, most of those are meme spouting faggots but no one cares until you start screeching REEEEEEEEE KILL ALL ROASTIES or GAS THE TRANNIES

>When you start moving at the end of a cast time, it still goes off
literally every MMO has this. the server receives the acceptance response faster than the client can update the UI.
>The way health depletes or fills up is slow
hp/mp/tp tickrate is always 3 seconds for auto recovery. heals and damage are always instant unless you're lagging that hard.
>You can feel your character being restrained all the time.
I don't. I play fucking Monk. I'm constantly moving and pressing buttons and I don't feel delay even though I'm on east coast which is supposed to be the worst coast to play on for this game.

Lamia
It’s okay I guess

I understand and it keeps me from committing to the game full time.

> I'm used to faster combat in general from being a fightan game autist and never played XI.
Well there's your answer. You're not used to client to server MMOs so everything feels sluggish if you're coming from fighters that rely on frame perfect local play or peer to peer instant connectivity.

>can't fly/swim in any direction you want
Never noticed this. I play with Legacy controls and flying / swimming has never felt restrained in any way.

It keeps me from playing the game as well. Its certainly he best on the market, but the combat and gameplay in general feels SO shit.

on the contrary, the endgame combat is what makes me play this game. everything flows well and makes sense on why its designed that way.

but if you're just starting out then I can see why you hate it.

Mateus. I don't RP, so can't say how degenerate that side is or not, but I can at least say I've never been /telled for unsolicited ERP or anything. There's definitely some weirdos that you can identify by their search info, but usually if you leave them alone they will do the same.

How do I get 15 pagos light without wanting to kill myself

Attached: 1534461163392.png (329x366, 95K)

most people in this game never adjust the controls aside from the keybinds. I bet most people still have the default sensitivity, default hotbar design, default control scheme, and still have S as a backpedal key which moves slower.

Yeah, damage being tied to animations just feels so shit to me. I'd put combat in XIV on the same tier as ESO and that games combat is fucking harrowing. I could see looking past it if you're a big final fantasy fan, but i don't give a flying fuck about the final fantasy series and never have.

Level sync trick.

doesn't work... only 2 light in a chain of like 160

I don't give two fucks about the Final Fantasy series either. My only experience with the series is with Dissidia the fighting game and that one rhythm game 3DS spinoff.

I still vastly enjoy FFXIV because the endgame combat is the best in the genre in both enemy encounter design and hotbar optimization.

>was gonna do a 2nd relic cause i got a bunch of leftover crystals and boss drops
>remember pagos light step

Attached: 1542468163150.jpg (728x1000, 299K)

>Everyone convinced me to tank because its supposedly fun and I was tired of queues as a dps
>Its actually the most boring iteration of the tank role I've ever played in an mmo

I was played

Personally I would but FFXIV endgame combat in the same tier as WOTLK WoW while FFXIV earlygame combat in the same tier as ESO.

let me guess you picked gladiator

War actually, just hit 70.

Oh wait scratch that, I just teleported to limsa and was greeted with some nerds licking each other.

>playing any tank but hw drk
tanking is dead, boring, ruined

Attached: 1534571622599.jpg (400x400, 44K)

grats

also tanking is boring for me too so that's why I stick with dps/healing. much higher skill ceiling.

Mateus
Most of the things people say about mateus are true.
Rp people, erp or otherwise, will generally leave you alone if you don't have any RP lingo in your search info and don't hang around the quicksand.
all hail hunt daddy joel

dumb jeannuposter

Attached: 1548297356137.jpg (778x633, 245K)

>all these aether players ITT
I really hope you guys aren't going on crystal.

These. Ever since SB came out, tanking has been hot shit. Anyone who tanks and tells you its a fun role, didn't tank pre SB and is a fucking moron.

Contrary to popular belief, tanking in XIV is actually EXTREMELY simple. Probably the easiest role, however people have formed this cult around tanking like its some mystically difficult thing and you have to be a strong independent leader of the group at all times and all this nonsense so nobody plays it.

>Live in tacoland
>Never experienced this
First world internet, huh?

Attached: 1528740548951.jpg (515x593, 44K)

animation lock wasnt what i meant in the 2nd post, but the delay from animation to damage, on top of having to wait a 10th of a second or more, due to ping.
but animation lock does add to the issues as well, like in my 1st post.

coeurl
I mean we are small but I found a nice FC without bullshit

>"leave tanking to me"

Attached: 31698691235.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

I miss heavensward dark knight so much. it was the perfect tank gameplay wise. then they had to prune it and ruin it with stormblood.

america has bad public internet compared to the rest of the first world. it's really strange.

just your average VPN user having their node die and changing to another node that's not dead

i'm a burger and the only isp in my area is old as fuck and doesn't know what they're doing

Same and I played ff11 back in its prime.

if you really did then ffxiv must be too fast for you

Can't wait for nearly every gunblade to look like crap.

Attached: final_fantasy_viii_gunblades_by_ezekdesigns_d8gr32x-pre.jpg (752x1063, 61K)

yet another daily FFXIV thread on Yea Forums that's on its way to reach the bump limit. you don't see this happening for other specific MMO threads.

I'm thinking about starting to play XIV soon, what do you guys think is,
Most fun to least fun
Hardest to least hard
Roles in the game?

>however people have formed this cult around tanking like its some mystically difficult thing and you have to be a strong independent leader of the group at all times and all this nonsense so nobody plays it.
That's basically how tanking is in almost any MMO, though. It's never nearly as hard as people meme it up to be but most people are scared to do it because it involves responsibility, along with being really obvious if you fuck it up. Same with healers, except the responsibility is more passive. It's why most people play DPS aside from 'it's fun', if they fuck up they just lose some damage and no one but them drops dead (until you get to harder stuff anyway)

Based FFXIV killing Nintendo threads

Attached: a-ok.png (600x525, 94K)

No fraternization
No fraternization
No fraternization
I'm a good commander
I'm a good commander
Fuck.

Attached: ffxiv_02192019_141356_853.png (1092x833, 1.27M)

No, it feels sluggish and clunky.

I think nobody plays tank because the community in this game is mostly women and trannies. they're allergic to tank roles and leading the group, they feel more comfortable playing as ranged dps (bard) or healers (white mage) that just follow the crowd and take orders.

Because other MMOs are dead.

>catboy faggot job
call me when they can wear judge armors

>mmo in particular means it should be of social nature
>Social means people will be attracted to it
>Allowing people to look good means you'll attract deviants who wants to jack off to this shit
>Which means you'll attract casuals and retards
>Devs think they must casualize the game for those who just want to play with their dicks
>MMO goes to shit while the real eat shit

Attached: 1403588062780.png (1248x1504, 41K)

Furry lion women when?

Yep

I just wanted to make a tall wall of muscle and steel that fights for his friends, but I never imagined I’d be such a magnet for homos

Well at least one will have to surprise us positively.
>inb4 its a watergunblade bought thru mgp

fun is subjective to the player. what you may hate is what another person likes.

in terms of skill ceiling: dps > healers > tanks

fucking kek

Attached: 1519551745818.jpg (345x336, 214K)

Never. Hrothgar are genderlocked.

Attached: l2grpzauxe9212.jpg (766x486, 527K)

A spammable AoE that returns half of your HP per cast without any real cost? Sounds totally balanced.

just a warning that the beginning is really slow like every themepark MMO ever made on this planet earth.

but it does get better at around level 50-60

>cuck shotafags and beta into bigger women

Attached: 1542398198367.png (732x1040, 543K)

Can't wait for DRK to get its "Hit your highest-potency skill 5-7 times in a row" rotation in 5.0 to align with PLD & WAR.

We'll only get the males in 5.0

balance it by making the mp cost higher or it has diminishing returns if its spammed or there's a certain number of enemies.

Just play MNK/NIN/SAM. They feel a lot less sluggish than anything else.

if you want to talk about sluggish, try bless online.

RIP all the niggas who bought in at launch. Shit isn't even worth it now for free.

I'm really looking forward to Gunbreaker because jobs that are made for the current expansion are always on fucking point (with the exception of HW launch of AST but they got buffed to by the end to the point of being overpowered)

Dungeon Fighter Online: Project BBQ is going to completely kill off FFXIV and mark it as a stain on history.

only in korea

It's an entirely linear MMO on rails that let's you play barbie dress up and it doesn't make you have to think at all.

This. Haven't touched tanking since SB dropped. They seem fairly happy with where tanks are at aside from DRK, so I probably won't ever tank again despite being a tank main in 2.x and 3.x. Gun nigger job doesn't seem slightly interesting either after watching that short gameplay clip.

so is every themepark mmo and those are the ones with any players/revenue.

people don't want to think and like being on rails

what race is that QT

At some point I expect XIV to drop raid difficulty stuff (not that current Savage is anywhere near as difficult as actual Savage was prior to Creator), because they can take the sub loss for folks into that to put into more casual easy shit for the majority.

I still look through the archives sometimes to laugh at the threads and posts saying that it will kill FFXIV

swamp ogre

I think the problem is endgame ends too fast for the people that are in the middle in terms of difficulty. The raids are too linear and too similar to FF13 (remember how that was the biggest complaint about that game?) I never feel like I'm raiding in the traditional sense in FF14.

I'm still waiting for them to implement Alliance raid treasure maps.

looks like femroe

Raiding in FFXIV is less about fighting trash mobs and exploring a linear path and more about getting you to fight the boss ASAP which is what people want to do anyways. I still remember when early coil raids had you exploring and fighting trash and people always hated that because its sub time wasted on pointless shit you've done before.

You can thank the devs for only introducing four fights a tier, with the first two being piss-easy. Nael phase of UCoB is the perfect fight design. Instead nowadays we get shit where you've seen the whole fight at the 50% mark and it just recycles shit from there without adding/combining more into the mix.

Attached: Nael-deus-Darnus.jpg (1371x533, 676K)

I think the bigger problem is that there's a lack of midcore content. You either got piss easy df or static mandatory savage. The closest thing to midcore content is extreme primals where you don't need a static and its harder than df stuff but those are very little in comparison to savage/casual content.

it doesn't have to be about fighting tons of trash mobs, but I think they'd benefit from looking at their single player FF games and checking out those games' dungeons. There should be some puzzle solving involved, different corridors, and traps.

Running through the jump pads in coil without fighting the mobs was a blast honestly.

That's a problem too, I don't disagree.
It doesn't make sense those because Yoshi himself said he played tons of other MMOs. Like, damn dude, steal the good shit from those games and figure out what works.

Would have been more of a blast if you were actually timed to get down there (say the roof was electrified and slowly traveled downward), and wipes/resets were possible.

the problem with this is eventually it becomes well documented and predictable. same puzzles that has a googled solution, different corridors but they're only picked from the same handful designs. only traps can be uniquely placed but that's just more of an unfortunate delay than something actually fun.

Fire in, thunder out.

Looking at their single FF games, there are hardly any puzzles at all. Just walking through empty rooms fighting trash to get to the boss.

Is it really better to have nothing at all then? And doesn't palace generate random dungeon layouts? I just can't believe there's no solutions.

He's only played Ultima and WoW. He stole the raid encounters from WoW and the housing from Ultima.

Zodiark EU
Got the usual weirdos in Limsa but had no issues myself. The server is on the smaller side I believe but I'm in a fairly large and active FC so I'm not lacking for people to talk/play with.

He made the game profitable. That was his job.

what about having the group split up to step on a pressure pad to open a door on the other side of the dungeon to allow that group to proceed so they can find a means for the other half to return to the group? I know that's pretty weak in terms of a puzzle, but anything's better than nothing

Most fun DPS?

palace generates random layouts but you're really just fighting trash mobs and sprinting to the end portal just so you can eventually make it to the boss. people don't stick around the layouts long because it gets old quick. if people could skip the layouts and go straight to the boss they would do it in a heartbeat, that's what some potd groups do by teleport hacking with cheat engine to the portal.

Odd seeing all the weirdos hanging out in limsa, over here on replacement erp server up day is the hotspot.

He played more than that.
rpgsite.net/interview/3027-final-fantasy-xiv-interview-with-producer-director-naoki-yoshida-round-2
Yeah, but I want a better game.

Leviathan
Most of the weirdo are in Limsa.

Maybe it's just too much work for the devs to implement random dungeon generation correctly without a good concrete payoff.

quicksand?

Right. If the reward isn't good enough then people don't bother. If the reward is too good then people will find a way to exploit it. Welcome to MMOs where people only care about loot and shortcuts.

It was after I became a wagecuck that I discovered the good points of FFXIV. You can play it with just a few buttons, and sometimes even make it play itself, there are no complicated objectives, tricky sequences, or anything too demanding, which is ideal when you're burned out after a day of work and incapable of anything demanding deeper thought. This game was designed for mindless slaves like me.

Attached: 5241546844.jpg (683x589, 60K)

up day?

I meant reward in terms of the dev. As in having tons of people doing that content or it drawing in subs. I think SE could keeps exploits down since its basically just a dungeon with a layout that changes.

>If the reward is too good then people will find a way to exploit it.
diadem 1.0 launch week with dinosaur island+gold coffers

>If the reward isn't good enough then people don't bother.
diadem 1.0 after nerfs

i havent kept up my tank knowledge, does vitality still affect tank damage?

As long as this game has no client side anti cheat, people will just teleport hack to the end. It's pretty sad that you have a much lower chance of getting banned hacking the game than you do calling someone a faggot in-game.

is teleport hacking a thing now in potd? I havent done it since it released

Arent the point of Bancho’s restrictions for the sake of getting the most accurate count of retained players? Im sure if we removed some criteria that the # would be inflated but at that point wouldn’t we want to be questioning who actually sticks around? Could have sworn thats why Bancho was the most trusted Census to date.

no

>As in having tons of people doing that content
the only way you can get to this to work is if the content has a reward that meets or exceeds the grind required. this is how all vertical progression MMOs operate on. dangle a ilvl increase carrot on the stick, massive exp reward, or a shiny mount/glamour and people will do it. I mean look at SB launch when everyone was doing PVP because the EXP it rewarded was massive. Then when they nerfed the EXP the queues were dead. Same idea with . The community doesn't do any content in this game unless there's a big reward for them.

teleport hacking is a thing everywhere. from people abusing it in frontlines pvp, to bots using it to level up faster, or people even using it in savage raids where when you die and respawn at the entrance you can teleport hack back into the fight.

pvp is dead because it's bad. the only reason it was artificially propped up was the massive exp gain

This is why i hate Eureka defenders who claim people do it solely for fun, its like they dont realize that without the Relic the content would have died.

Why can't he just say he got a STD? Why is Koji such a hack?
>muh succor!

SE needs to find a balance of some sort. Maybe they would benefit from horizontal progression. Maybe re-add elemental resistances and having to do content that drops gear with resistance to go do other content.

because crotch rot sounds funny

the point is that people only do content if there's a good reward for them. take out the good reward and nobody does it. look at coil raids, people stopped doing it for glamour runs because you can just buy it from the marketboard or craft it. or check out HW primals where nobody does it except in unsync mode because they want the reward faster.

You're a full fucking retard. Typical Yea Forums-tier "If it's popular I must hate it and find the flaws" mentality.

They very clearly want to stay well away from customizable elements that could be shaped into a more solid 'meta' than what we have now. If they give people the options to alter their playstyle, the optimal way will be rooted out within a week and nothing will change, other than a bit more toxicity from the 1%.

I might have to look into it. I've kinda wanted to play before, but once I started working I figured I would ironically be able to afford the sub fee but not have the time for it anymore.

>waaaah nobody's doing the old content
Wow, people don't want to run content they've already farmed? Holy shit.

It's far too late to dab into horizontal progression, they had a chance back when ARR was still in development but they solidified the game as a vertical progression MMO. It would be far too much work to rework the entire game to cater around horizontal progression. Maybe they can try this in some future optional content though. Like a boss rush mode where you can swap jobs during combat with ilvl and levels not taking into account, it's just a pure skill mode only like how in Frontlines everyone has the same level and stats and if you do well you get rewarded accordingly.

>you can just buy it from the mb
Aetherstones don't grow on trees, y'know.