youtube.com/watch?v=G8rj-lxZ5Z4
youtu.be/KMD_8NKehd0
youtube.com/watch?v=ABlb6VYxeZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=HtDIqicyDQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hopefully more non lizard monsters.

>hoping for Gigginox
>remember that Pukei exists
I just hope they add some new skeletons other than Narga's.

Attached: 1445465043763.jpg (229x350, 13K)

Attached: Dios.jpg (768x576, 66K)

Im excited for G rank.
I stopped playing when Kulve came out, now im like 6 tiers behind because of arch-tempered monsters, and i dont feel like grinding the same monsters for a 10% improvement.

Ill wait for G to reset everything

You're gonna get Gammoth, and Ice Rathalos and you're going to like it

>Ice Rathalos
That's called Legiana

Oh please capcom replace Astera with a good village, bring the old armor skill system back and overhaul the sos -system.

>implying shoving armor spheres on your current meta armor all the way to max rank won't be the best choice until Capcom releases new AT quests
I also bet that shit like Dark Devourer will be usable all the way to Master Deviljho.

>change everything in a free update
No

Only some real interesting new monsters will satisfy me, World didn't have too many cool ones. Ice area monsters tend to be fun though so I do have hope.

Until cluster rng meme gets fixed, dark devourer aint goin nowhere

Wait Iceborne is free?
I thought it was a paid expansion.

It's not free

>monster hunter world
dropped

Why do you FUCKS want negative skills again?

It's not so fucked that they couldn't fix it with some changes. Question is if they want to now that their new audience loves the current version of World.

>underwater combat
>lagiacruz in 3 different variants
>some hidden lava chamber with agnaktor
>ceadeus

This is what I want but won't ever get
I'm hoping they add some more giant elder dragon fights that are actually decent (like gogmazios in 4U)
Fatalis seems like a no-brainer, a grown up xeno jiva seems likely too

If they add a new weapon type, what would you like to see Yea Forums?
I want a LS+GS mix that doesn't have a cooldown or a new hammer weapon that isn't as clunky

Attached: 8a1c3eacda63d1eb802f6a5179f94eca.jpg (1600x1200, 261K)

>G rank Arch Tempered Elder dragons
wew

>If they add a new weapon type, what would you like to see Yea Forums?
giant boomerang

Gore and Glavenus please.
Anjanath is already a discount Glavenus, I want the real thing.

Attached: CdIMO5uUkAAluS7.jpg (1200x843, 232K)

Creative monsyers i loved the game but theres too many dragons and lizards
Why didnt coral highlands have a cool stationary anemone or something? Or at least a fish based monster like a shark.

Barrioth
Brachy
Gigginigga
Tama
Zinogre
Jaggi
Pretty much all the good 3U monsters ing general.

Is Monster Hunter World a good game to coop with my bro?

When is Iceborn release?

I want the excel axe from the mobile MH

I’d be more than happy with Gammoth if they made it less annoying to fight.

Khezu

Yes and no.
Story Mode for coop sucks.
Both of you have to watch the cutscene in story missions first before you can play with other people.

Your movement is slow with it unsheathed and can do some basic melee combos with it and when you throw it you become fast again but can't attack until it comes back to you.
When it comes back, if you time your attack button press right you can go into some unique combo that does shit ton of damage.
If you time a roll right when it comes back you can do a jump off it and can do mounting damage but afterwards have to go get you boomerang back.
If monsters attack the boomerang while it's coming back to you, it falls to the ground and you have to go pick it up.

Is this a problem if we both are in voice chat and do everything step by step together?

Normal Gammoth is the easiest out of the fated four, Elderfrost on the other hand is annoying.

All the monsters behave like khezu

>If they add a new weapon type, what would you like to see Yea Forums?
Gloves/gauntlets with a moveset dedicated entirely to punching monsters to death.

Just farm behemoth and get 4pc drachen set and you are good

If world is supposed to be Baby's first Monster Hunter, then why did it completely change how Skills, Armor, Decos, and Charms work

No, it is just slightly annoying to have both players start a mission then quit the moment the cutscenes are over so you can start over together(or maybe just one player needs to do that and SOS into the other players, I forget but played coop)

I want more flying wyverns and neat gimmick hazards, probably things like
>slopes are now slippery, slide attacks work in every direction
>if a monster gets stunned or downed on a slope it'll slide the entirety of it down
>snow storm weather thing, like heavy wind and iceblight activating every once in a while
>also iceblight if you stand still for a minute
>sun makes ice and snow super bright and twinkly and radiant
>arenas with snow tornadoes everywhere and ice crackling and exploding beneath you, screen consists entirely of wildly spinning particles for at least a third of every hunt

Just mh3 and 4 monsters except for Gore and shiggy diggy

>i want my screen covered up so i cant see what i'm doing
>muh realism
sounds like shit, glad you aren't a game designer

As someone who played a lot of MHFU back in the PSP and hasn't played any other MonHun since i wanna get back to it, is World worth it? I like how that Insect Glaive looks desu.

Coral Highlands should have had a boxer crab or mantis shrimp monster

Play 4U instead, it's FU but improved in most ways

I'd be happy with something like that. being able to jump off it sounds like a cool idea.

>tfw not in 4
>tfw not in 4U
>tfw not in Gen
>tfw not in GenU
>tfw not in World
H-He'll be in Iceborne, right bros?

Attached: 1539715033550.png (483x285, 127K)

I recently fought Gigginox for the first time. Such a weird and cool monster. I also hope they add it in MHW. Having a blast with portable 3rd in general

Don't have a 3DS unfortunately. I'll probably give World a go since it's like 20 eurodollars, so even if it's shit not much is lost. Thanks user.

>Download World yesterday
>Grab my trusty Switch Axe
>Drop into the first quest
>They absolutely fucked the moveset

Dropped.

Well I would suggest buying a 3DS if only to play 4U because it is arguably the best MH ever made but World is alright too I guess

I hope most of it will be new monsters instead of returning ones
Almost certainly not going to happen but a guy can dream

I hope one of the Akura monster gets in with armor that doesn't look like ass

I find the world SA moveset to be really fun 2bh

>home port never

Attached: 1550660162028.jpg (795x595, 62K)

>make better versions of the shitty dromes in the from of baggi,wroggi and jaggi with unique armors and weps
>proceed to never use them ever again apart from jaggi

fucking capcom

Attached: 1535680803144.jpg (601x601, 74K)

that sexy woggi set locked in tri

That's one of the reasons I still play 3U.

Give me fucking Zinogre already.

Attached: 1499462146804.gif (500x447, 386K)

What's the most fun weapon to use

It depends imo. Personally i prefer faster weapons so i find SnS, DB or. LS the most fun

BRING

BACK

QURUPECO

anything that stick to the original mh lore .
No bullshit no fun collab purple bull and tree demon .

Hammer

I enjoy SNS and Hammer myself

Hammer has been my main weapon in both classic MH and World, KOs are satisfying as all hell. GS is probably my second favorite.

Attached: 1537048612513.gif (368x265, 1.73M)

The Leshen has a unique skeleton, right? Will we get a new monster that uses it in Iceborne?

GUN
FUCKING
LANCE

Attached: 1479815475412.gif (499x654, 1.35M)

the best/most fun in my opinion weapon is 2nd gen long sword
>doesn't have the stupid spinny move triple charge bar that runs out
>always sleek and stylish
>no jumping slash garbage from world
Dodging slash in all directions is great though

In world it's probably the CB since it's still busted powerful

Nice roman!

Attached: 1550500126453.png (543x400, 328K)

All of them

Insect Glaive if you stay in the air most of the time.

>The fashion on this dudes armor set
Please capcom

Attached: kisspng-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-monster-hunter-3-ultim-ice-5ab46a4d08d291.7602708115217731330362 (900x580, 141K)

everyone that says hammers plays alone
you hardly can do KO on coop since everyone just spam flash bombs on everything or stun with dark devourer

Attached: 2ndGen-Yama_Tsukami_Render_001.png (732x656, 501K)

is it worth getting the steam version?
also will i have fun if i never played a mh game ?

Yes

What "new moves" do you guys expect ?
I hope for entirely new stuff, I hope bow gets some cool close combat shots.

Wasn't the case with earlier MH games, I will admit I enjoyed the Hammer more back then because of this and despite the spin to win shenanigans we have now. Hopefully Iceborne changes the KO threshold so it's actually doable on co-op like it used to be. This problem extends to other things like co-op part breaking as well.

>new moves

>he doesn't know

It's going to be Weapon Arts, but on Charms or some new armor piece. Equip a Charm that gives you Moonbreaker, or Absolute Evasion, etc.

Secondary move sets for all that restore the weapons to their pre-world status or even further back
I much prefer old GS to the new, same with hammer

Dool blads

>Finally got some attack jewels from lava + finally got the correct hero streamstone from tempered jho
>can finally get the health regen augment
I'm ready for iceborn

They don't add new movesets for weapons user, only monsters, but if we're ultra lucky Iceborne may add a new weapon wich means a whole new moveset.

no matter what monsters appear, I know Nerscylla and Seltas Queen are off the menu so I really don't care

>Qurupeco summons Savage Jho and B52
I want it.

Here are the monsters I want added:

Brachydios (with Raging for fun)
Gore Magala
Rajang (with Furious for REEEEEEEEEEEs)
Crimson Fatalis
Zinogre
Gobul

new Longsword Spirit Thrust finishers, preferably something you can choose with a button input. I like the falling anime slash and all but the hitbox can be annoying. Maybe something like the Switch Axe thrust, but one thrust&straddle, and one big damage dismount.

Hunting Horn could use something, anything really. I'd prefer the advancing slash of SnS to be returned to its old one. Seemed way more precise.

Weapons like Lance, Gunlance, Greatsword, HBG, LBG, Bow, and Charge Blade seem damn near perfect and don't need any tweaks.

I think it'd be cool if they used it for a Wendigo monster.

I would take fucking anything over fatty, rajang and whatever other meme lord monsters everyone seems to want.

Obviously we'll end up fighting some sort of snow ape/yeti type thing. Hopefully atleast. Might just end up with Blangonga or some shit.

Attached: 1465542606524.jpg (1024x576, 162K)

tfw they add this nigger instead of Rajang

Attached: 1534913573880.png (743x709, 510K)

Why are there no insects, fish or bird like monsters but tons of reptiles or dragons with a colorswap? I enjoyed the game but their selection of monsters was not very varried

Flesh eating plants couldve also been cool

I wouldn't even be mad. I genuinely like blangonga and cooper blangonga more as fights. Rajang was just never fun to me. Fought a ton of them in 4U too so maybe I'm just burnt out

considering that ice lao shan wannabe is already confirmed as more than likely the flagship "final boss" of iceborne, there needs to be other legendary boss monsters. Fatalis is almost guaranteed since they have been making fatalis merch lately which they have NEVER done, including a creator figure, but beyond that I would LOVE to see akantor and amatsu brought back in fucking HD

I for one would welcome the return of BLANGO'd posting

Blangonga is too aggressive and has too much annoying bullshit like staggering and iceblight. If I'm gonna have a monkey fuck me I'd rather it be some ridiculous super saiyan than just some ice thing.

If my main man Rajang doesn't get included in Iceborne I swear I'm going to fucking continue playing 4U.

nah people didn't spam stuns like crazy

ZINOGRE
Also I want Khezu so I can see how the new hunters rage against him. I just know that they will get greedy with hits, get stunned, get pounced on, and then cart.

Attached: 1429834148700.jpg (2333x1747, 1.89M)

new moves could just mean a function with the slingshot or a hook

How much is this expansion going to be?

No clue. I'm hoping for nothing more than $30, but with Capcom you never really know.

Ukanlos is basically confirmed.

Based.

>this new gen MH needs MORE OLD MONSTERS
>SPECIFICALLY GARBAGE MONS THAT NO ONE LIKED IN THEIR ORIGINAL GAMES
Stop this

Attached: 1548715969495.jpg (638x960, 136K)

Varied monsters require varied skeletons, and unlike before they can't just bring in skeletons from previous games to use as a base, they have to be built from scratch. It's still a pretty measly selection even with that in mind, though.

they won't add any new moves, but I want the guard point that Valor GL gets on the quick reload. they can take away Wyvernstake to compensate for it.

Explain? Is it just because this is an ice themed expansion? Also since this is ice themed, do you think we will get some expansive ice mechanics? I'm talking more than just cool drinks. Maybe slippery floors or something? It seems a bit much for this to be named Iceborne if it's just an ice area and cool drinks being added mechanically as well as the usual G rank stuff.

quit projecting your own faggoty shit taste on other people because you're shit at the game and hate good monsters you can't beat you fat ugly faggot

most people love rajang and zinogre

>going to be as large as other G games
Man you're gonna be disappointed.

what? what's wrong with the new system? If you want to call it baby's mh go ahead, that doesn't make it less good or less successful, jesus the butthurt is big.

you think people would be ready for some sweet double hot golden rajang dick?
Joke aside i would be okay with blagonga, as long as we have someone from the smashing gorilla familly, it's fine

A lot of the new monsters in the base game were pretty lame so I can kind of see why people would want old ones back instead.

bought the game a couple weeks ago

only feature i feel is really missing or not expanded on enough, so far, is layered armor. i should be able to unlock every armor in the game as layered armor.

It's supposed to introduce people to how Monster Hunter works, right? But the Armor, Skill, Charm, and Decoration mechanics are all different. If they had kept the Skills the same at least, it would have been an easier transition, but they instead made it more casual.

Other hunters, hopefully... They're the true monsters after all.

If you play on PC there's a mod for it. I like the layered armor as it is now, but I've been playing MH for years and I'm used to clown suiting being the norm.

It's a NEW mhw streamlined and overhauled for a wider audience retard that's why the cut the useless shit and retarded stuff like how old charms worked or negative skills. Adapt or fuck off, it's simple, this is the new mainline of games this is how it's going to be from now on, and you know what? It's massively successful like that.

It's a combination of it being a huge ice-themed expansion and the Endgame of MHW being a "boss rush", and the iconic ice "boss" is Ukanlos.

OFFICIAL LIST OF MONSTERS THAT NEED TO COME BACK

Zinogre
Swag Zinogre
Tigrex
Nargacuga
Brachy
Steve
Lagi
Glaive Anus
Barrioth
Shaggy Maggy
Chameleos the qt
Motherfucking RAJANG MONKEY DICK

What happens when somebody wants to go and play an 'older' Monster Hunter, like Generations Ultimate, though? They would get confused and drop the series.

Nobody cares about old generations anymore friend, and if they want to play old series they do the same, adapt or fuck off.

>gigantic GS blind spot rajang and pellet magnet zinogre
>remotely hard
But I'm not even talking about those, I mean faggots wanting pure trash like literal shitflinging monkeys, and babby ice rajang, or khezu, or more fucking raths

no more dragons more mammals and insects god damn it. i want zeltas and his quen and nercylla plus AHTAL-KA but lets be real adding new skeletons and new animations would be a huge budget drain, specially mech girl.

Attached: farmer cat.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

We're not getting Glavenus without Gammoth, Astalos, and Mizutsune, though. Unless they fixed the Leviathan skeleton, we're not getting Mizu, and therefore none of the Fated 4.

>Glav gets to come back but the other three don't
t. Capcom

the man in charge of it said that, word for word

>World Multi
>KOs

Attached: 1492838539262.jpg (431x450, 70K)

>OLD BAD, NEW GOOD
STFU zoomer

>highest selling MH game ever
>can't afford to add monsters that have already been designed with pre-existing animations and skeletons

Attached: 1550470470497.jpg (700x934, 80K)

dumb SApe

>iconic ice "boss" is Ukanlos
Ah that does make sense. Capcom could make another ice boss, but they probably won't.

BARIOTH
BARIOTH
BARIOTH
BARIOTH

>Steve
Ah man I miss Steve. His weapon gimmicks were fucking fun man. His LBG in 4U was amazing with the dodge reload thing. I loved that.

Attached: 1429481839114.jpg (540x556, 69K)

What kind of diaper shitting faggot would not want Rajang in World?

Kirin

I want Rajang so that a Deviljho turf war can be made.

Attached: 1316006019991.jpg (319x316, 17K)

Why would anyone want their favourite monster in MHW? They'll probably royally fuck it up considering what happened to Deviljho and Lavasioth for example.

Gore Magala is the least I can ask for

this expansions is gonna suck so fucking hard

there's gonna be like 3 new monsters and 5 new reskins and the one new location. all that for like what, 40 dollars, and we have to wait a year for it. YIKES

more like 3 new monsters, 1 returning elder, 5 reskins, and G rank versions of every monster already in the game

I'm extremely tired and bored of Rajang

you understand that this implies that e will get more dragons yes? since all the skeletons or for reptilians?

deviljho in mhw is the best he's ever been

Tigrex may be a veteran monster but he's so fucking boring to fight. Most of his attacks are him running at you or jumping at you with the occasional spin. I'd rather something interesting like Astalos, Nercylla or Agnaktor.
Also how do we not have a "ship running along side a monster" hunt yet like the Jhen Mohran fights.

So much this. Every G-rank game so far has only added 1-3 actually new monsters, and then some of them were even shitty siege fights.

This deviljoh is the best of all monster hunters tho, being the easiest doesn't make it the worse

does no one like nercylla? is it because her armor is trash vs fire? like, i feel im in an empty room wanting insects.

Attached: 1539621072094.gif (500x375, 371K)

The more money something makes the less effort will be put into it. Golden rule.

I just want to hear Zinogre awoo again.

Knowing it won't get an electric guitar HH kills much of the hype though.

Nargacuga and Rajang can come back, and maybe a remade Yama Tsukami. Besides that I want brand new monsters.

Gimme a flattish monster with big-ass orb-like eyes. Gimme a Daddy Long-Legs from Pikmin. Gimme a Burrowing Snagret and a Bulborb. Actually just gimme Pikmin 4

You're allowed to have a shit opinion, but boy is it a shit one.

this is also something people arent talking much about.

the weapons need to be more weird. like, so few weapons in the game look unique.

Attached: 1534650643034.png (640x480, 309K)

BRING BACK SHEN GAOREN

BRING BACK QURUPECO

BRING BACK TIGREX

BRING BACK RAJANG

BRING BACK GAMMOTH

BRING BACK BARRIOTH

BRING BACK LAGOMBI

BRING BACK ZINOGRE

Attached: jAyieS78plz663zGTdMNNpV706sQFTrBw7hwwcO4cME.jpg (1200x800, 180K)

Was the authenticity of this possible leak proven?

Attached: 1549954181878.jpg (960x720, 118K)

she's just a lower tier monster whose armor/weapons hardly ever get used. she's an interesting fight, but you just fight her when you have to and never again after that.
her SnS is useful if I remember correctly but I don't remember how it stacks up against other sleep weapons.

can you get a more clearer image?

the only actual fun and challenging fights in the series outside of elders are rajang, deviljho, brachydios, nargacuga, glavenus, gore magala, barioth, and diablos
he deserves to be in World

Sorry that's the only one that surfaced.

I mean, its easier to want something that exists. We can't say we want a new monster we dont know about. New fucks being added is a given

>four monsters

lmao

that's a garage kit, so it's fan made
the monster on the far right doesn't exist

All the monsters in the game are the best they have ever been

If you want gigginox instead of khezu you're a fucking cool guy

Attached: gigginox.png (679x618, 319K)

In their tongue he is Iizkiin, ICEBORNE!

IIZ SLEN NUS!!!

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 135K)

he's definitely easier in World, but he's more fun to fight

Boy I sure am excited to fight fucking Khezu again

khezu is one of the worst monsters and anyone wanting him to come back needs to kill themselves

I want Longsword to permanently be Valor style like in GU. It's so fucking good Guard Pointing attacks and when you're on your A-Game, you feel like Daigo during that one EVO vid that happened a decade ago

revamp terrible monsters: Vespoid Queen, Hypnocatrice (honestly just give it 4U's G rank Blue Kut Ku behavior+animations and it's a good monster), Gammoth

bring back good monsters: Zamtrios, Seltas duo

gib: Bird Wyvern flaghship

hummm

ultra instinct frog boy
puke el blanco
el grando val hasak

i dont know who the last 2 are

>longsword
>guard point

Attached: huhh.png (1179x537, 168K)

>Consoles are getting this half a year earlier than PCs again

youtube.com/watch?v=kpHhPtESh3M

i thought the DLC would be released at the same time. wasnt that the point of making the event feeds faster?

I just want a viable lv 4 shell normal type GL please

Attached: images (6).jpg (305x457, 28K)

they did a good job if it's faked. They look exactly like the typical Creator's Models.
>Paratoad Creator's Model instead of Odie or Nerg
what the fuck are they doing

we didn't even get the witcher update yet lad

But normal shells are king in word?
Are you living under a rock?

>half a year
>half
I wish we were that lucky.

the taroth king and buster bomber are the best, and then the normal none kulve is the rathalos one since it has the most shells.

>wide shells
>ever

Attached: no more please.png (619x428, 675K)

How did they fuck up Deviljho? Lavasioth was ruined because you bounce off literally every hit and he's got shittier moves but Jho is relatively the same, they even made him fight back in a pitfall trap.

>Final fantasy story mode can be done in CooP from start to finish with cutscene where your teammate are in it
If this not became a standart in Iceborne I will give this piece of shit another negative review.

Attached: 1239274360795.jpg (936x691, 206K)

4U had cutscenes in multiplayer, not sure why Capcom decided to change it like this.

at least you wont fall as sleep doing the same combo

Actually shelling without swipes would put anyone to sleep

shut the fuck up you dumbass retard, tired of your shit, why I even read this fucking thread chain.

Im hoping for duramboros. Hes my favorite big spinning retard

Time to get with the times grandpa we're the future

Attached: mounting deviljho.gif (194x293, 2M)

None. World already ruined every single older monster it brought back, don't want it ruining them further.

List of problems with Monster Hunter World:

>Inb4 "b-but nintendo..."

>Healing while running, can dodge while healing, move while shooting
>Many other actions can also be dodged out, including sharpening
>Traps are placed almost instantly
>Weapons in general are more mobile and stronger, think adept + brave movesets from XX combined
>Except for the hunting horn, the weakest weapon in 4U and Generations, which got NERFED in World thanks to the removal of double note system
>Overall DPS for weapons was raised significantly, up to G rank levels in a High Rank game
>Even easier mounting thanks to much lower mounting threshold (sometimes activating the mount after 1 hit), with the grappling hook taking you right back into the monster even if you fall off as a consequence of an attack
>Environment recovers health, puts the monster to sleep, paralyzes it, etc.
>You have access to your full box even during hunts, meaning you can stock up on healing items anytime
>Mantles give you OP abilities like no knockback, never be seen by the monster unless you attack or a full new health bar
>Monsters have been given more generous weakspots, the main example is Diablos with a 40 MV in its head for blunt weapons, as well as a new 45/63/40 weakspot on its head, making them more exploitable
>The changes above wouldn’t be so bad were it not for the fact that monsters DO NOT adapt to these changes, resulting in an incredibly easy game from start to finish
>The monsters themselves are also very slow and passive when compared to the old gens, they rarely string attacks together and have slow and predictable attacks in general
>The only change to tempered monsters are their damage and maybe their HP, so don’t expect actual challenge there. What a joke.

Continuing on the next post.

Attached: 1543164774433.png (1434x430, 429K)

>Arch tempered monsters have demonstrated that Capcom, when tasked to make existing monsters more difficult, instead of making them more aggressive or faster, will instead double down on their shitty gimmicks (Vaal) and raise their damage do simply absurd levels (Kirin)
>Elemental damage has been casualised, everything has an element it is weak to, good raw weakspots are always good elemental hitspots as well
>Though you might have trouble finding an elemental weapon worth a damn, considering the game leans too heavily on fire element monsters and too little on other elements, resulting in a boring roster of 34 monsters, of which most are tutorials (Great Jagras), gimmicks (Zorah, Behemoth, Kulve), irrelevant (Dodogama) or straight up garbage (Lunastra, Vaal)
>Behemoth specifically is a fucking disgrace
>Kulve specifically is a massive waste of potential, what could’ve been a fun and challenging fight (one of the few in World) against a huge monster ended up being a gimmicky mess that could take you from 20 to 50 minutes of attacking a barely moving damage sponge just to reach its true phase, where the fight actually begins, and you don’t even get to kill it in the end
>The rewards for killing it are weapons barely any better from the ones in the game already, and are in no way a replacement for the relic system in 4U
>And yes, it's a timed event monster, have fun
>It has one of the worst high rank final boss in the entire series, it’s yet another damage sponge that barely does anything
>Chasing down the monster takes a lot longer than in previous games, expect to spend a lot following the monster, especially in awful maps such as the Ancient Forest
>3 monsters per area means monsters encounters are much more common, making cheap hits from attacks you can’t see or getting combo-ed by 2 monsters at the same time much more common, in fact, Bazelgeuse is specifically designed to interrupt you in your hunts, it gets old very fast

Continuing on the next post

Attached: 1537724021362.png (1880x380, 274K)

I play Monster Hunter for the armor and weapons. What are the odds that they won't fuck up the equipment design like they did with base World?

>Heartbeat shows about how much health the monster has left
>90% of the weapons in the game are reskins of the bone and iron weapon models, with monster parts glued on it. Contrary to popular belief, this does not change in high rank, the weapons still look the same, only using a different bone or iron weapon model
>New skill system removes negative skills and is dumbed down
>The system makes so using full sets are almost never worth using, making the classic “fashion vs optimal armor” battle even more one sided
>No gunner armor. No, alpha and beta armor are not replacements to the old gunner / blademaster dynamic, mainly because of the fact both usually have the exact same skills on them;
>On that note, Alpha and Beta armor look almost the same.
>Soundtrack feels very generic and boring, a step down from older games
>The music for past monsters was changed for the worse, Deviljho especially
>Pre order bonuses and day 1 DLC
>DLC is overpriced content that should've been in the game in the first place
>Events now cost money as well
>Quests only available only during a certain timeframe
>This means essential, end game gear, are going to be locked behind a time frame. An example is the Dante legs, which 2 points into the weakness exploit skill, there’s no other legs like in the game
>Guild and village quests were merged, amount of quests lowered drastically
>Lobby system is garbage, it manages to be worse than the one in a 3DS game, now this is an achievement
>Playing the story missions with other people is bad, with you needing to see the cutscene first, then send an SoS signal, only then, other people can join.
>Can't give rooms names, nor give them a password
>Only way to reliably play with randoms is to use the SoS system, which means you will be fighting almost dead monsters with people who will leave as soon as its dead

Continuing on the next post.

Attached: 1544200929909.jpg (4072x2370, 1.55M)

>SoS system is complete garbage though, most of the time you search a quest, you don't find anything, implying that there is no one fighting that monster, however, if you try to search for it again immediately, you might actually end up finding open quests that you should have found on your first search. You can also end up finding a set of quests the first time you search, search again and find a completely different set of quests. The game never shows you all quests at once, it makes finding quests for less common monsters and specific investigation extremely and needlessly complicated. The system is completely broken, and it still hasn't been fixed by the time of this post.
>No way to play offline without turning off the internet
>The chat is awful and encourages people to not use it
>Loading is much longer than before, with quests needing two different loading screens
>You can't pause the game at all
>Transmogging removed, new system is awful and limits the player on what sets they can wear
>Only 1 palico is allowed, no different classes
>Cats no longer can use special abilities like in XX or 4U
>Seasonal events are a complete uneventful joke, their armors are garbage and not worth using, the emotes cost money, the changes to the hall are superficial and the new mechanics are worthless
>The menus overall are terrible, item sets are hidden behind a number of menus and extra button presses and are in general more annoying (radial menu is irrevocably tied to the item set loadouts rather than optionally or a toggle, or combined sets) meaning the system is an overall regression
>Default camera settings place everything to the side of your character for no reason other than to look at flashy visuals, in spite of being uncomfortable and awkward to play with
>Default camera setting is permanent lock on, meaning they are targeting the souls audience.

Feel free to add to the list.

Attached: 1525191504518.png (645x1090, 311K)

S E E T H I N G

Attached: file.png (505x167, 25K)

Autism has spoken

Healing while running is an issue to you, why?

Don't reply this sad user pastes the same list every mhw thread all his points are moot and can be easily debunked and has been done already, but he keeps on it

Attached: planescape-torment-clipart-frog-719477-4779667.png (2560x2489, 553K)

He can't get over the fact that it was added to compensate for us losing the ability to zone out and heal.

Fuck you the 3U GL was dope without the swipe.

Every time that copypasta is posted people shrug it off because hurr tl;dr when a lot of his points are legitimate problems, but it is pretty autism

They aren't and they were addressed already previously

Attached: smug.png (218x196, 35K)

The weapons all look like shit, the armor all looks like shit, the music all sounds like shit, the investigation system is shit, the skill system and decoration farming is shit. I like World but it's far from perfect.

Attached: 1525711099475.jpg (500x475, 76K)

>(You)r opinion

Attached: file.png (579x567, 555K)

>The weapons all look like shit, the music all sounds like shit, the skill system and decoration farming is shit
Agree, especially with weapons
>the armor all looks like shit, the investigation system is shit
What's wrong with these two?

Nergigante theme is not shit.

Nargacuga
Green nargacuga
Bluer nargacuga
Tigrex
Silver rathalos
Golden rathian
spikier rathalos
Nargigante blanco
lagombi
Ice barroth
Three never before seen monsters
Alatreon

I mean, walking while running is perfectly fine
I would argue it works even better than flexing
Running while healing, on the other hand, it's a bit too strong. They should nerf it or simply make the monsters in Iceborne more aggressive to compensate for it

>BRING BACK SHEN GAOREN

No, fuck you

Walking while running?

Walking while healing, sorry
It allows you to move a little, so it doesn't break the rhythm of the fight, but it's also nowhere near fast enough to actually dodge a monster if he's aiming for you

The investigation shit is pretty garbage, if you're not out there constantly sniffing footprints and grinding that shit out you just won't have enough 4 box investigations to get anything going, and you really want those 4 boxes because the decoration droprates are abysmal.
The armors look fine, there just isn't enough of them.

>LAGOMBI
Dude fuck that guy.
>hurrr durrr watch me slide across the map back and forth 6 times in a row then spin in a circle 3 times in a row and repeat over and over and occasionally do my swipe attack that leaves me wide open

That's the one thing that really pissed me off with world, a lot of people saying
>but the monsters will be more aggressive to compensate for your new tools!
Never happened, shit is like I'm playing 4U except now everyone has access to easy modes of negating damage and can heal essentially for free. I don't have a lot of hope for iceborne.

this kills the world baby

It's pretty forgettable compared to most flagships.

Just by doing T elder dragons i always get 2-3 investigations more, no need to get anything else

And the jagras/ Lavasioth event gave a SHIT TON of decorations i literally got everything and anything i could ever want 5x times by doing it for like 8 hours across the whole event duration, and i can prove it just name any decoration and i'll screen it
It's the same because healing potions do not INSTANTLY heal you anymore, it balances itself, before i could pot a pot and instantly be fine even if the monster attacked me while flexing.

Attached: 1523176861274.png (144x226, 25K)

If they introduce a new skeleton, they're going to make at least 3 monsters with it.
So if they add the monkeys, it's gonna be Blangonga, Congalala and Rajang

>mfw Gombi more likely to be in Iceborne than Arzu
why must I suffer, Yea Forums? I just want my cuddly bear back...

Attached: arzuros.gif (500x267, 999K)

I started on MHFU and recently put in 500 hours into MH3U and I have only ever had to do this when I was ambushed by another monster when already fighting one while not having dung bombs. Aside from that the only people I've seen doing, like 4 in total, were people who were shit and got hit every basically everything. The fact of the matter is that it was over-compensated and made the game easier as a consequence. Every monster has pauses in their attack that you can exploit for a quick sippy in MHFU and MH3U

NO KHEZU NO BUY
O

K
H
E
Z
U

N
O

B
U
Y

I think I stopped playing quite a while before those events, if capcom decided to finally give us a good way to get decorations that's nice, wish they didn't put people through the grinder beforehand though.

>Fucking the core fans in favor of a wider audience is someone nu-Yea Forums applauds
the absolute state of this place

No one actually likes video games, we just like to gloat over the idea of other people not having them

>ecology videos will never come back
I miss it lads, the in-engine stuff just doesn't compare.

youtube.com/watch?v=DhrsUL-T1ag

>people keep pushing the narrative that previous monster hunter games were easier because you could zone out to heal
>like monsters in world aren't still confined to zones and will chase you past the corridors

C O P I N G

Attached: file.png (943x106, 25K)

>core fan
>outs himsel as an XXfetus, the only BAD G rank game in the franchise
>even MHO, a game not even made by Capcom, implements the Gen mechanics better than XX does
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1547923924466.jpg (596x699, 157K)

>11 mil is capcom's biggest figure
a bit pathetic tbqh for such a large and long lasting company

>Gen mechanics
Generations is the game that ripped off MHO mechanics and did it terribly

at least XX gives you the choice to use the busted iframes or use the legacy styles, world just ingrains bullshit moves into the moveset.

every time i google MHW ta vids the monsters are killed in like 3 minutes flat.
Uh, why? Monsters weren't ever this squishy in older games.

Because MHW provides you with a stupid amount of systems that trivialize the whole game.

Attached: time attack rules.png (1148x432, 18K)

Most people are fucking terrible at video games, so for them fights in older games could easily go on for 20+ minutes, which feels like an eternity in an action game

To appeal to a wider(and western) audience monster health had to be nerfed

>read that MHW is braindead easy
>kinda worried about it, but I wanted to try the series so I decide to give it a try
>low/mid difficult through the whole game
>some spikes but nothing special
>Luna is three times as hard as anything else for some reason
>reach HR49, try the endgame stuff
>Tempered Jho, Arch-Tempereds, Behemoth, Ancient Leshen all rape me to death
Why the fuck there's such a huge difference in difficulty between base game and Updates?

>no damaging slinger ammo
Why tho?

streamer bait, after everyone got over the initial challenge they knew they had to make it stupidly difficult for those sweet 'slamming the controller on the floor' twitch moments that people love to watch.

Most games are made with that in mind nowadays.

same reason status knives, bombs, boomerangs aren't allowed in every game's TA

Because it can stunlock the monster, probably.

Everything in the base game was easy as shit and everyone knew it, so in a knee-jerk response they beefed the shit out of all the update content and turned lunastra into a frontier monster

Attached: 1528247243871.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

based

Attached: 87yiuh.jpg (436x435, 16K)

If they add more weapon and armor varieties, I’ll probably rebuy this on pc

Boomerangs are too OP for TAutists?

Updates in MHW only returned to old HR difficulty, retard

Nargacuga is the only monster I really wanted and it's already in, so I'm good no matter what long as the expansion doesn't fuck up worse than the base game otherwise.

>no frogs, flashbugs, or environmental traps

That sounds like a huge pain if you ever have to hunt in the ancient forest, I set off half those things without even trying to

I'm guessing turf wars are only allowed because you can't stop monsters from doing it if they run into each other

>no frogs, flashbugs, or environmental traps
>passive environmental damage and turf wars are allowed

Attached: WHeW.jpg (1181x1181, 602K)

What does nargacuga have to do with an ice map anyway? Is it just really popular or something? I thought zinogre was the elevens' favorite

ice agnaktor

Narga is one of the fan favorites, and it's also super easy to tease even if you don't have a model for it
Just make the red glowing eyes jumping around and you're good

Zin is too cartoony-looking for World, that's why I doubt we'll get Lagombi and get Bulldrome instead.

Attached: monster_hunter___zinogre.gif (384x234, 11K)

Nargacuga is just the best hunt in the franchise.

I expect Iceborne will also implement new monsters in the pre-existing maps, so enjoy Narga in Ancient Forest.

Zin is too cartoony-looking for World,
Had this conversation a while ago in /mhg/
With a slight redesign, it could fit perfectly

Attached: MHW_Jinouga_Render.png (306x183, 110K)

He just looks like a MH weeb's wet dream design, I love Zin as much as anyone else but the chances we'll get him in the future are slim unless you make him a more organic-looking mix of Odogaron and Tobi-Kadachi.

Attached: zin.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Has overlay been added to PC version yet or do I still need to keep minmaxing with fashion in mind?

Attached: 1535527023275.png (695x1027, 797K)

This is ONLY PS4 sales HAHAHAHAHA
Cope harder

>Has overlay bee-
NEVER EVER

Attached: Monster-Hunter-Stories-7.jpg (1280x768, 1011K)

I don't know, deviljho got made even spikier for world so I think zinogre could get a pass

Plus him and brachydios both got a lot of shit for their designs that quickly dissipated once people got to actually fight them

DAIMYO
A
I
M
Y
O

and Shogun I guess

Oh for FUCKS sake

Attached: mhw.webm (852x480, 1.96M)

>ps4 sales haven't reached 5 mil

Attached: laughingnetta.jpg (800x483, 373K)

Lance, you're always in the monsters ass constantly even when its running away you're charging right behind it plus the charge hops are the dopest shit. If you play it right you will have 0 down time the entire fight.

Either a giant fuckoff whip I can strangle dragons with or an actual spear or harpoon

Can't agree with you on that, user, I don't think a lot of the new players could stomach the more campy designs, a lot of people dropped MH when 3rd gen came out, I don't see them taking that risk, and I think there's a 0% chance of Brachy making it into World ;_;

Attached: brachy_elders_recess.jpg (1222x1080, 928K)

Don't forget me

Attached: YianGaruga.png (1557x926, 1000K)

who?

Attached: 1460869368137.jpg (594x589, 86K)

Konchu, that's who!

Attached: wigglan.gif (900x900, 485K)

>I think there's a 0% chance of Brachy making it into World
It's a popular monster they already have the skeleton for and it's good for endgame, no fucking way they'll miss on this chance.

HIM

Attached: MHGen-Deadeye_Yian_Garuga_Render_001.png (1000x660, 772K)

Konwho?

Attached: 1461208922795.jpg (600x1067, 60K)

i want the crabs instects and ape monsters back

You honestly didn't miss anything worthwhile.

HE'S IN!

Attached: FrontierGen-Espinas_Render_002.png (1547x866, 1.16M)

Zingore's in by the looks of it

Attached: zinogre.png (1292x660, 337K)

Remember when Freedom Unite coming out and there were rumors about him in the game?

is it just me or are the newer plushes not that great? maybe paolumu and dodogama but that's it

Attached: 41I4NO7m76L._SX466_.jpg (466x473, 23K)

ok, now list the things that mhw improves on.

Yeah it's a shame. I want them to put out some decent statues too, I'd have a Kut Ku chilling on my desk.

See:
>The changes above wouldn’t be so bad were it not for the fact that monsters DO NOT adapt to these changes, resulting in an incredibly easy game from start to finish

Which one? And do you know if the Creator's Model are worth the money? I really want this one but some of the reviews scared me off.

Attached: NEW-Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate-Enraged-Rajang-CFB-Creators-Model-Figure.jpg (600x600, 113K)

> I don't think a lot of the new players could stomach the more campy designs, a lot of people dropped MH when 3rd gen came out

Why would you even have this opinion? They literally wont give a single fuck about cartoony monsters. Furthermore, their designs could just be toned down to fit in world.

>They literally wont give a single fuck about cartoony monsters.
They did when the 3rd gen came out and they will now, I can only see them doing it as a last ditch effort to keep the game alive.

Attached: MH4-Kecha_Wacha_Render_001.png (330x400, 127K)

No idea, sorry. The only MH model I have is a girl wearing Arzuros armor. Face is pretty bunk but I got it cheap. Going to look into them as well though.

>They did when the 3rd gen came out and they will now
Do you have any sources or are you just pulling this out of your asshole? World has a ton of new players who have never even seen the older monsters. Also, you didn't address my argument about them toning down the designs.

I love this Kushala Daora. It'd probably fit on a desk more than the others since it doesn't have bright anime colouring. I love the Teostra too but not a fan of the fire effect they used.

Attached: kushala.jpg (607x750, 52K)

>World has a ton of new players who have never even seen the older monsters.
And those new players only know the World aesthetic, which completely clashes with a lot of 3rd and 4th gen monsters. They can tone down the design all they want, but what about monsters like Brachy that have stupid-looking mechanics like an explosive dildo horn? They wouldn't change them that much.

I'm not being negative, I just don't wanna get my hopes up for something that won't happen, they'll probably stick to 2nd gen for now.

That happened within gen 3 as well though and it worked out well for them. Tri was mostly toned down, but by 3U we had zinogre and brachy. 3U did great. If it didn't they would've dialed back the designs again for gen 4 but they amplified them instead. Even the ground textures were oversaturated.

I just want Trigrex Narga and Fatalis uwu

Attached: 1550763388973.gif (497x280, 1.97M)

If they thought the 3rd and 4th gen look worked as well as they wanted it to, then World wouldn't look the way it does.

Attached: Monster-Hunter-Color-SA-Gamer.jpg (401x541, 292K)

World introduced Paolumu and that's about as silly-looking apart from the coloring.

>but what about monsters like Brachy that have stupid-looking mechanics like an explosive dildo horn?
Ah yes, that gimmick is a bit too silly. MHW would never do something like that

Attached: Tumblr_p4mxdem21n1ssr51lo1_1280.jpg (1199x800, 167K)

World's core design approach was to make a grounded realistic feeling MH. It doesn't invalidate the old design, and it doesn't mean world 2 will follow that either. It was more of a throwback to the original MH on ps2 in visual design.

How could I forget someone that gave me ptsd all those years ago.

The entire argument is completely nonsensical. No one who enjoys the game is going to say "Welp, these colors on this monster are wack. I quit forever". Stop projecting your autism onto the normies who play this game now.

World is how MH works. Period.

hi, here sre three unannounced games that will release this year.
1) Pokemon King & Pokemon Queen
2) Super Mario Golf
3) Kirby Battle Royale 2
Also here is the rest of smash dlc.

A) Joker (already announced)

B) Lloyd Irving in Tales of Symphonia

C) Edelgard in Fire Emblem Three Houses

D) Ori in Ori and the Blind Forest

E) Square Enix rep
1) Crono in Chrono Trigger
2) Noctis in Final Fantasy XV
3) Erdrick in Dragon Quest lll
4) Hero in Dragon Quest X
5) Anlucia in Dragon Quest X
6) Luminary in Dragon Quest Xl
7) Sora in Kingdom Hearts
8) Neku Sakuraba in The World Ends with You

before I leave, I want to mention that I have sources that are connected to nintendo. I can get it if you don't believe me but this is going to happen.

>no MH rep in Smash
Fake and gay

No one's gonna quit forever, but MHW's target market is clearly not the same as pic related. I guess you weren't here for all the shit 3rd and 4th gen got for its aesthetics, how Capcom was appealing to nintendo fans with colorful aesthetics, clearly people care, and the devs know that.

Attached: FourthGen-Mizutsune_Render_001.jpg (632x424, 48K)

In 4U, a fast hunt was like, 4-5 minutes. In W, fast hunts are literally like sub 3. What the fuck?
I kind of liked the longer MH fights.

>but MHW's target market is clearly not the same as pic related
No shit, that's what I've been saying this entire time. The audience is far wider now. They aren't the usual autists who have played the series (myself included as an autist who has been playing since FU)

>I guess you weren't here for all the shit 3rd and 4th gen got for its aesthetics
I was here but yeah I missed it I guess. I'm not surprised that autists argued over the 3rd and 4th games, but you're saying the world audience (which is way bigger than the previous games, and filled with normies) is going to give a single fuck about it. I honestly don't think any of them will care enough to not buy the game. Basically it's just an argument that someone who already doesn't like or play world would use against it, which doesn't matter at all.

what's this got to do with monster hunter?

>I guess you weren't here for all the shit 3rd and 4th gen got for its aesthetics, how Capcom was appealing to nintendo fans with colorful aesthetics,
This actually happened?

>G rank hunts take longer than High Rank hunts REEEEE

who knows, it could have just been that dudes fever dream. I have been active in the mh threads and generals for years and I've never seen much complaining about general monster designs or pallets.

stunlocking the monster is the basis of TA runs

>Mizu isn't appropriate for mhw
>paolomu is
Do you seriously not think that Mizu would fit perfectly in coral highlands aesthetically? You have dead eyes.

Mizu would be a 10/10 fit for the Coral Highlands with just a tiny bit more of water

The colorful aesthetic made sense to me, all MH games from P3rd to XX were made for portable systems first and foremost. Haven't really noticed many people claiming PS2 MH or FU visual design was superior.

Lagiacrus underwater

Attached: b325734028e09652a6de27fbe87da11a0d088bb6v2_00.jpg (512x409, 39K)

I miss certain elements of gen 1/2, but the parts I miss had shitty gameplay. Yama Tsukami and the big DPS check "hunts" like Lao and Shen Gaoren were impressive at the time and had small hints at lore. That's irrelevant now there's a real storyline and mashing at a big walking hitbox was never fun. I just miss the crazy designs.

>PS2 MH or FU visual design was superior.
Gen 1 maps were kino af

Attached: QuestBG02.png (1700x960, 2.23M)

I like the game. Im playing solo so far. Am I gonna get fucked doing that the whole way?

I'm only at four stars I think. The only other MH I played was the first one.

Using a bow and sword and shield.

Attached: 1550453891634.png (596x799, 676K)

>Am I gonna get fucked doing that the whole way?
Not if you're even remotely decent at the game. The only fights that are a bitch solo are Behemoth, KT, and possibly Luna.

I dont care. They've lost me. I wont fucking touch world because it has made a damn mockery of everything the years of mh titles has built up for the series. This has fucking nothing to do with console wars either so fuck off.

This. I get the feeling nobody loves him.

Until DLC stuff, everything will be good.

PLEASE CAPCOM GIVE LOVE TO HUNTING HORNS!

>I have been active in the mh ... generals for years and I've never seen much complaining about general monster designs or pallets
>"Why don't people who like the game hate the game?? Hurrr I wonder..."

Attached: e26.jpg (500x628, 57K)

>Implying the jhen moran ripoff this time and kulve arent the same bullshit you just mentioned.

Face it, world still has the flaws of previous games and then some.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: quru.jpg (524x373, 33K)

Hope we get better looking weapons, not just monster parts slapped on bone and iron bases.

Are you fucking retarded? The parent comment to the person I replied to said:

> I guess you weren't here for all the shit 3rd and 4th gen got for its aesthetics
Learn to read you stupid fucker.

the events that just went on last couple weeks are barely unique and capcom wont stop fucking shilling on social media like "LOOK WE GAVE YOU THE UNIQUENESS YOU WANTED." Its fucking obnoxious and infuriating,

What? I didn't say they didn't. I just miss the Lovecraftian design of Yama Tsukami. There are very few monsters in the series close to it, with the nearest probably being Nakarkos. I'm personally more interested in seeing what happens with the next switch title, as it'll probably have closer to classic gameplay.

I want them to add the squad stuff to the PC port. Why the hell did they remove the squad functionality? The squad session was a godsend for me and my community of players, having a set hub to use for me and my buddies was really cool and easily kept us all together while we hunted.

xenojiiva is buttfuck retarded.

the plushes went down in quality, the AI went down in quality, the streamlined gameplay lowered the quality. The whole series has been fucking cheapened even the promotional anime. We gained back re and dmc but lost mh.
I dont think it was worth it.

4th gen, especially X and XX didn't put you off? I don't really see how people can say they like 4th gen games and hate World when they share pretty much the same problems

Allow Hero Stones to be on the Melders list.
Allows us to place Powers/Skills on weapons like Lunastra’s.
6-man Quests.
Caestus looking DB so we can go full Ryu. Or an invisible option for the same effect.

Zinogre
Brachydios

I’m good with everything else.

sorry friend. any nakarkos fan is a fuckin bro of mine.

and it also fixed a lot of problems from the previous games:

-fluid movement including faster and smoother aiming of pods
-seamless map with monsters interacting with each other
-no charm farming (deco farming is way better fight me)
-interaction with the environment around you including traps, damaging events, and mobility

World has a lot of fucking problems but it did improve some things. I just hope they fix all of the stuff they fucked up. Namely multiplayer matchmaking and cooperation.

>I wont fucking touch world because it has made a damn mockery of everything the years of mh titles has built up for the series.
What did exactly World do to betray the series so much?
Surely the base game was easier than usual and there is some true bullshit (fuck the new weapon design), and lack some general balance, but the core spirit of the series is still the same

Kulve is a great fight, actually, alongside the nice design and the very thematic map. Giving her all the RNG system was very retarded tho
Zorah is total trash. I don't rank it even below Lao just because it's relatively quicly done, when Lao was a 30 mins torture.

oh shut the FUCK up.

World: no armor skills, no gunner armor, moving and healing, infinite ways to cheese, cant speedrun cause youre chasing the mon half the time, bullshit retardedly OP mantle mechanics, boring monster designs and clusterfuck UI, worst looking weapons and armors in the series

literally the mhxx suck argument
MHXX: it on nintendo so its shit i guess
new styles are OP.
too many monsters.
gathering quests.

>Allows us to place Powers/Skills on weapons like Lunastra

user you dingdong you can already do that through decorations.

>6 man hunts
You want the game to be even easier?

I don't even want to think about Peco coming back and having a garbage-looking Hunting Horn

ok retard, pods are new to world. you outed yourself zoomerfag.

OH NONONONON IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FLOP XXBROS HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

Attached: file.png (656x158, 24K)

Wow you are an obtuse motherfucker.
Clearly im refering to paintballs/dungbombs/sonic bombs, which became pods in world. Go be autistic somewhere away from me.

>game sells well to normies so it must be the best

neo-Yea Forums's debate skills have reached a new low.

>can't speedrun cause you're chasing the mon half the time

You wot? Monsters still spawn in the same locations every time, and you can easily speedrun fights once you know where they are. Keeping monsters in a room is also easy, especially flyers now that you can flash bomb a monster when it attempts to flee. And the mantles aren't nearly as bad as the styles in XX, mantles have a set duration where Styles are permanent equips that can grossly overpower the hunter with minimal effort. Brave GS for example is super fucking busted, but as with both mantles and the styles, you do not have to use the OP ones.

all of 4th gen, not just X and XX share those same flaws in some capacity, top end armor sets had little to no negative skills and showered you in skills, Star Knight, deviant armor, etc. mounting and the massively increased mobility and power, especially with HAs, allowed for insane amounts of cheesing and free heals, the new weapon types completely invalidating half the weapon roster while being op as all hell.
It's not a console wars thing, I hate World as well, but you just seem like a hypocrite when you praise games like XX and 4U and then shit on World when they share a huge amount of similar flaws

>hate a game but still shit up threads about it
kill yourself immediately

cope

Attached: mhw tactical.png (1702x365, 83K)

throwable items actually required timing and placement, pods are jus a bs way to handhold.

magnet spike from frontier
youtube.com/watch?v=n-a8c7TGuzo

yes, everything that makes the game not play like you're stuck in a vat of pudding is just handholding. Pods don't require any placement or timing. If you actually dont like the slinger then I dont know what to say. I think it's one of the best additions to the game.

Most of the time solo is easier.
If you are on PC install a DPS meter and see how much damage you do compared to other people.
Most of the time I deal like 45-50% of all the damage while 3 other people deal the other 50%.
Shit fucking sucks and it shows in the DLC stuff where those leeches die all the time and fail the quest.

Why do people pretend that you have to choose one or the other? I put 100 hours into MHW on its first week out (I was a NEET and sank around 14 hours a day in) and double dipped on PC, but I played XX a ton too and "double dipped" on GU. If you care about the series the games are all that matter. Personally I do prefer classic gameplay, but I liked World almost as much. I just find it less replayable for some reason.

NOOOOOO!!!!! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING WE MUST PLAY IT TACTICAL BROS THEY CANT WIN THE WAR!!!!

Attached: file.png (647x179, 30K)

Damn that weapon looks so fucking sick.

Also, is Iceborne gonna fix the servers?

>I just find it less replayable for some reason.
Because it's missing a huge chunk of content that the other games have? That and the roster was weak. This is coming from someone who really likes world.

Don't be fucking stupid user, I've also played all other monster hunters before MHW, my favorite being mhp3rd.

I just like making contrarian Yea Forumstards mad, and constantly remind them how wrong they were.

Attached: lil dissapointed.png (443x485, 171K)

Doesn't help that the endgame grind is completely RNG based, even just the ability to participate in that grind is a roll of the dice and it fucking sucks. I'd rather run the same garbage quest over and over for charms than farming for tempered quests that aren't fucking awful.

man I really love that glaive form or whatever you call that thing
I almost wish it didn't have any of that other cuhrazy stuff and just had more moves in that form

>I'd rather run the same garbage quest over and over for charms than farming for tempered quests that aren't fucking awful.
Yeah nah. Charm sniping was the most unfun thing in mh to ever happen. That and guild quests, which were just as bad as what you're describing. I'd much prefer to grind decos on tempered quests for 100 hours than charm snipe for 100 hours.

Attached: 1462906044489.jpg (421x421, 62K)

I don't think it's the lack of monsters. It's probably more that in the 150-160h or so I played, I managed to create every set of armor in both high and low rank. After that there was no grind upwards, I was just expected to keep fighting and wait for decoration RNG. 4U had that as well but it wasn't instead of difficult endgame sets. I didn't ever think it would kill my enjoyment, but material aquisition felt too easy. Most of the time I could make a set of armor after 3-4 kills including the later monsters. That only really happened in low rank in the older titles. Also it was a shame that the visual design of weapons didn't change so the progression/interest of seeing what was around the corner never happened.

I agree weapon variety is an issue, but that's literally the only legitimate complaint in his list.
>Missions need 2 loading screens
Does he think the quest loading from the board is a loading screen? Otherwise this is blatantly false

I would agree if tempered quest payouts weren't awful. There's nothing more killer to my motivation than browsing my list of tempered quests and seeing mostly 3 square payouts. The quests disappearing after a set amount of runs is also killer, there's nothing worse than losing that 4-5 payout quest.

Well, we know Fatalis is confirmed.

>Barioth
>Nargacuga(duh)
>Jade Barroth
>Tigrex
>some kinda cool new shit
>maybe an ice odogaron

>150-160h or so I played, I managed to create every set of armor in both high and low rank. After that there was no grind upwards
Once again, the game is missing G rank that all the other games have, which lengthens the grind by quite a bit.

>material aquisition felt too easy. Most of the time I could make a set of armor after 3-4 kills including the later monsters.
This is factually incorrect. Low/High Rank sets never took very many kills unless you got really unlucky.

>Also it was a shame that the visual design of weapons didn't change so the progression/interest of seeing what was around the corner never happened.
Completely agree. This was possibly my biggest issue with world apart from multiplayer execution

Xeno is already fully grown. It was just in a cocoon

>the joke

>your head

>The quests disappearing after a set amount of runs is also killer,
Agreed. I actually think the investigation system needs an overhaul that lets you control which investigations you get, along with a standardized reward that makes sense.

I appreciate that you took the time to dissect my post user.

I want to see fully grown Gobul

Insect glaive does barely any damage when you're airborne. You should be doing airborne damage just to get easy mounts and then doing infinite ground combos with all the buffs, otherwise you're going to take 40 minutes to kill things instead of 10

ree'ing autist here. im tired of combatitively replying to each of you. i jus want my game back, the fucking feels guys. havent you ever loved somethign and then had it cheapened and mass-produced so every fucking normalfag can say they like it too despite it losing its soul?

Anything from 1st gen can fuck off, I agree. 2nd has a few good ones, 3rd had lots of cool ones but most are water, and 4th had some awesome ones.

I probably would have played World a lot more if SoS didn't exist or if people actually used the lobbies. In GU I got to do multi-hour hunting sessions with the same people in Turns rooms while in World everyone just leaves after the one quest you called them/joined for.

yeah, MHP3rd really destroyed me, it's a damn shame what happened to the series after that

Not sure if serious

>wanting one of the easier MH games to be made even easier by adding one of the most braindead styles in MH history

Yeah the multiplayer execution in world is the biggest fucking blunder ever. I really hope they fix it with iceborn or the next game.

There just aren't enough armor skills in world. And saying its cause theres no g rank yet isnt an excuse, they have years of skills to pull from.
I dont like how theres no negative skills either, as if world wasnt softhanded enough.
Im finally over the gunner armor differences but I jus want fun weapons and armor to grind I completed everything jus shy of 160 hrs.
Either way I know b team will deliver with a switch title so I wont get autistic like most other threads devolve to.

Water combat could be legitimately good if you had a separate weapon loadout for underwater. Have a separate choice like tridents/spears/harpoon guns etc with movesets specifically designed around being underwater, and when you enter deep water you swap them out. It only sucked in Tri because half of the weapons had terrible underwater movesets. Try using hammer with its tiny range, it was painful.

Every event in MHW has been tedious fucking bullshit so I have zero expectations this will be good.

sorry you feel that way user. I can't really empathize because I'm too busy playing monster hunter in HD at 60 fps on my PC with an actual controller instead of a poptart. mhw isn't perfect but its problems can be rectified.

The death of turns rooms really is the worst. The sense of camaraderie that you would form with those strangers was really something unique, but has since gone to the wayside thanks to SoS flares. The aspect of doing a hunt for the sole purpose of helping someone else out over the rewards you don't need is gone, everyone online is out for themselves. Unless you have a community to play with like I did, but the culture of hunting lobbies is fucking gone in a random setting.

what skills are you lamenting?

see

Either switch axe so you can bust your load on the monster's face or lance so you can poke it nonstop and get sick i-frame hops or perfect blocks

Attached: 1467463729315.gif (500x281, 830K)

P3rd's problem had little to do with aesthetics or monster design, although Zinogre and his sparkle wolf bullshit didn't help, the problem with P3rd was the rampant casualizations and dumbing down of monsters and mechanics to appeal to casual nips, and unfortunately those casualizations carried on into the further games

Why? He isn't complaining about monster designs. He's just arbitrarily spewing opinions with no actual claims or points.

>nu-mh fans think the otherr mh games are only on 3ds

Attached: laughing_whores.png (400x400, 165K)

>I like my hitboxes to be shit so that people have to cart multiple times before they can learn the invisible attacks

Not the same user but I miss most of the gunner skills. I had no problem with the merging of armor, but there were only a few relevant gunner skills that made the crossover. We also lost internal ammo (and SnS vials) which was a huge missed opportunity. Say what you want about Generations but those two additions made the weapons way more fun.

I didn't even remotely suggest this. Nice strawman faggot.

Attached: 1298536727653.jpg (311x311, 24K)

frontier has some sick weapons.
youtube.com/watch?v=T8j4kfDYcO8

also, I've been playing since FU so I guess that makes me a nu-fan teehee

How are PS2s like poptarts?

Or you could just make the slinger act like a hookshot or propeller to speed things up. Or just make you fucking move faster underwater. It’s not a super hard fix.

>he thinks the western releases of the mh series hasn't overwhelmingly been on portable consoles or ports.
Why even post something so fucking stupid?

>but muh emulators
Yes that still doesn't change the fact that world was designed for consoles and PC. It's a huge difference.

Attached: 1300236157257.jpg (700x493, 191K)

nice job putting words into my mouth user, that'll get you far in internet arguments, but the problem wasn't the hitboxes, as 3rd gen fixed those, the problem was dumbing down virtually every monster's movement and attacks to make them easier and more palatable to casuals (barroth, barioth, and diablos are notable here), giving players insanely large inventories with temp and gunner pouches which leads to 0 thought in inventory and loot management, and some other shit that never got reverted and instead kept stacking with new shit that turned MH into a near braindead casual slog.

should i buy a ps4 just to play this game ? my pc can't handle it in 4k and my monitor is 40"

only one ps2 game released in the west. I've been playing on poptarts for 12 years. Why are you being such a shitlord?

lower the resolution and settings until it runs well brainlet

Swim speed wasn't the issue. It was how you froze in place while swinging and monsters had fluid movement so they were rarely in the same place by the time your swing connects. Having faster movement would help you close the distance but wouldn't fix the issue. They'd need to increase swing speed (hard to avoid that looking janky) or like I said provide an alternative weapon loadout. They could get away with a choice of 3-4 underwater weapons, it doesn't need to be as much choice as on land.

You are gonna get Khezu, Red Khezu and the new subspecies Purple Khezu and you are gonna be fucking pleased about it

please don't be mean

what's the best platform to play this on

pc, ps4 version runs like ass and has minute long load times for each hunt

even with the pro ?

I said move faster, as in general. Not just swimming. Like attacks, movement, etc.

yes

PC is like 3 months behind on content

>the problem was dumbing down virtually every monster's movement and attacks to make them easier and more palatable to casuals
This didn't happen. You're just mad that the hitboxes got fixed. The movesets were made better and more fair. I love FU and it was my first game in the series but you are insane if you think the gameplay to p3rd wasn't a straight up improvement. The hitboxes alone make a huge enough difference.

no argument here, was just wondering what skills were missed by people.

>There are Monster Hunter fans that missed out on the peak of 3U online.
Yikes...

Attached: 1366396307383.png (764x854, 815K)

false, the monsters mentioned have notably slower attacks and movement directly compared to their Tri versions, compare these two videos to see the obvious difference
youtube.com/watch?v=ejWi4gEfyhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G8rj-lxZ5Z4

this tbqh

Attached: GCS.jpg (500x467, 45K)

None intended user, I just wish some of those changes make it back. Hunting horn lost double notes too, another straight upgrade IMO. The nostalgiafriend in me misses crit draw GS as a viable weapon too, it was the definition of easy to use hard to master if you aimed for consistent prediction level 3s.

Oh shit, I didn't realize you were comparing p3rd to tri. I thought you were comparing FU to p3rd. Lmao ok then I agree with you. Tri definitely dumbed it down.

>ice themed update

if he's not in I will be severely disappointed

Attached: 1544574543513.jpg (800x800, 339K)

New to the game, just got the eversomething
Did I fuck up by picking a great blade? I feel like I'm running/positioning more than hitting the guy. I only hit hard if I look for a mounting attack and the aftermath, but afterwards I'm even too slow to punish. It's fucked up

>The nostalgiafriend in me misses crit draw GS as a viable weapon too
Fully agree. It also really triggers me when my friend (who mains GS in world and has never played any of the other games) says he wouldn't have enjoyed crit draw sniping when he has never done it. He also sucks ass at the game though.

How come the desert areas always have the best themes?
youtu.be/KMD_8NKehd0

You're wasting your typing dexterity friend. Let them continue to play their old games and get more and more enraged as the series continues to leave them and their tendies behind now that MHW has btfo'd the entire series in sales. If they think Capcom is going to revert to the old systems, let them continue to live in their nostaglia fag worlds.

You can switch weapons freely, don't worry about it. Greatsword is a good weapon, but that's a definite flaw. Try longsword if you want a big weapon without losing mobility. Alternatively try roll canceling from your attacks and sheathing if the monster moves too far away.

what is this

You're playing world? You can't fuck up by choosing a weapon. They are all viable and have a learning curve. GS is a lot of running because its hits are so hard. Just keep playing and practicing and you'll get better. Watch tutorials on it. Also, never be afraid to try a different weapon.

Crit Draw GS is still viable, just not the best set up for GS now that the true charge exists.

Not with a SSD

You can use SSDs for Ps4?

it's OwO

Attached: 1461184340628.jpg (915x704, 169K)

this is the internet user. Welcome to the world wide web. It's gonna murder your TV.

Attached: f4514b95d698775713a2512205ddc4f7--surfing-photos-awkward-photos.jpg (550x412, 67K)

yes, consoles don't utilize ssds properly, load times are barely affected, a pc with an ssd will load everything shown in 5 or less seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=ABlb6VYxeZ4

My experience with my friend is that if one of you still has story stuff to do its dogshit to co op. Cutscenes are unskippable and story missions are usually shitty and easy so its like 5 minutes of gameplay together and then 5 minutes where one friend is stuck watching cutscenes and the other dicks around in town until the cutscene is over. Once youre in the postgame though its classic co op monster huntan as usual, way more fun.

I don't know if I should invest mats on something else that I might not like. I'm on the great girros tree and on the second level of the different GS. I do roll cancel a lot and try not to use the moves that have a lot of recovery (unless the full charge if I'm sure it's gonna hit) but still, it's mega slow
When do you think is a good time to try something different before moving on? I could try to upgrade and give some other shit a try, but I feel like I'm commited to at least beating the campaign with the GS

This man fucking gets it

Then they can learn how to play or get fucked.

Attached: 1343677243619.png (467x506, 260K)

All I care about are my niggas Gigginox and Barioth.

>do the appreciation event for laviosoth for mega jewels

>out of like 250, ZERO attack jewels

Fuck this shit Im out

In world? Lance. Watching your pussy teamates back off to [dodge] and [heal ] while you continue your neverendig barrage of stabs as the monster limp dickedly tries to get you off it to no avail makes your dick engorged with blood.

>When do you think is a good time to try something different before moving on?
Any time you feel like it is a good time. It's not that hard to farm parts in low rank and it only serves to make you better through practice. Don't worry about wasting resources (within reason). Just pick something and go fight something easy and go from there.

>insects surviving in an ice environment

You'll get plenty of extra materials as you play naturally. If you want to take a weapon for a test drive you can always upgrade the base versions you have in your box once (very cheap to do) and go beat up G.Jagras or Tobi or someone to get a basic feel. Just check the training mode for general tips and which moves flow into each other. I understand what you mean though, and using a single weapon for every hunt is just as solid an option if that's what you want. Your damage output takes into account the downtime between swings and your kill time will probably be similar to if you were using a higher mobility weapon, so bear that in mind too. Keep pushing forward user.

You are never committed to any one weapon. If you are not having fun, just change what weapon you're using. I personally make all sorts of different stuff because I prefer some weapons over others for specific fights.

I just got an idea. What if equipment in MH wasn't permanent? Like, you craft armor but if you got hit by monster the armor will break after some time. So you can't use same set forever and you'll be forced to switch and experiment and git gud. Maybe using less powerful gear for lesser mobs or bad matchups so you can keep best stuff for harder quests. What do you think?

Listen dude. armor wearing out is the worst thing in video games right next to always needing to buff and eat before doing anything.

Please do not suggest this again.

Do you play games for fun, or maintaining bullshit every 5 minutes

Sounds like complete and utter cancer my man

no, gear degradation is cancer, having to grind a plate just to have armor break in a few quests would be awful and you'd have to scrap the entire rewards and carve system that MH was built on to do it

user that sounds truly unfun and awful. I should be able to use anything I've gained through my own efforts, being punished and forced into making duplicates of sets just because I wanted to use the thing I worked to make is silly.

>do normal Behemoth for the first time, come well prepared and do pretty good
>two guys cart at the last phase putting all the effort down the drain
Stuff like this makes me not want to boot the game.

The first clear is near impossible with randos, all the people who have cleared the quest get an entirely different optional to run afterwards so they get to play together while you can only queue with fuckers who haven't won yet. Good luck.

Narga doesn't even an unique skeleton, it's still the same old flying wyverns one with different animations.

Ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=HtDIqicyDQw

>that feeling when Power Guarding through bullshit like Teostra's supernova

Attached: 1386825771588.jpg (305x326, 10K)

>Luna
What? How is she difficult to solo? Plus you never really solo anyway, you have felyne with you and can recruit minions.

I didn't

While I want to say underwater combat wasn't that bad in Tri, I do remember I played Lance back then which was pretty much EZ mode in water.

My negros

Attached: howtoplaylance.png (600x446, 299K)

>not both

Attached: best bro.png (500x500, 121K)

Nigger, why did you even ask? You seemed set on World from the start.

How is sword and shield?

Bow?

Great sword?

Beast Bamboozler

The only thing I want is a rapid fire lbg since rapid normal is a meme and might as well use a hammer instead of spread 3 shots.

Also fuck autoload.

Not those you goof. Skills like Nerg, Vaal and Drachen’s.

And hey, the more the merrier.

More pets.
Like Shamos, Jaggras and shit.

Scale for multiplayer if they want but i’d be cool to have my own squad of monsters.

>High Rank sets never took very many kills unless you got really unlucky
Think again, end game set and weapons in high always took times to farm even more in the HR game.
You can't deny that's significantly easier to get them in World than before.

Attached: Albatrion.jpg (720x480, 85K)

Deco farming is better than charm farming in the same way that a swollen cyst is better than a tumor