Muv Luv

Will it ever be topped?

I just started Alternative Ep 10 and I'm feeling shit I haven't felt in a while. Why has nobody discussed this game on here? I feel like I never seen threads for it. If any of you assholes are looking for a real experience, I highly recommend you go through this trilogy.

Attached: 1237517224_m075-2.jpg (1280x858, 413K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w5JICa_ZxBk
youtube.com/watch?v=yAXEMvIHtT0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is discussed every once and a while. Also get out before people spoil who all dies and such

MEIYA BEST GIRL.

FUCK SUMIKA
FUCK BETA
AND FUCK THE AMERICANS

Attached: bestgirl.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Visual novels aren't videogames
The brain in the jar is that world's Sumika

>I just started Alternative Ep 10 and I'm feeling shit I haven't felt in a while.
I know right, I too haven't been so disappointed in game's ending since ME3.

You're very very VERY late to get discussion about this, you're not even in the right place.

Attached: 1544147011309.png (500x500, 99K)

Why? Americans didn't want to fuck over the world. They were only going to G-Bomb everything if literally all defensive lines failed and invasion of North America is imminent. At that point, what is there to lose? America supports other nations only as far as they serve as an effective front line against the BETA to ensure fighting doesn't right the homeland.

Once you search for threads on it (look for /m/ or eventual Yea Forums threads) you will be greeted only with "muh x best waifu!!" and other shit like that, so brave yourself.

Shhh! Sumika is sleeping

Attached: rip.jpg (1088x768, 98K)

America does not care if the entire world is destroyed if they are the ones ruling it.

what makes this different than any other shit VN?

Every Muv Luv thread on Yea Forums has been vastly better than the bitter, jaded, Schwarzesmarken shitposting on /m/.

That it's actually good

You could figure that out in Unlimited if you aren't a brainlet. Not much of a spoiler.

youtu.be/w5JICa_ZxBk

Attached: 1549456928059.jpg (1442x2140, 977K)

Yuuko is the best forever.

Attached: 32747310.jpg (1768x2500, 1.25M)

If America panics because they think there is no other defense against the BETA, the world is already lost. I'm pretty sure aside from Japan, England, South America and North America the rest of the world is destroyed and occupied by BETA anyway. Alt IV is supposed to demonstrate conventional means may still turn the tide. If it fails, scorched Earth makes sense.

And yet they still fuck it up. After Alternative V is completed and the migrant ships are gone there's still an active hive on Earth, but thanks to the G-bombs completely fucking up every land mass it's at the bottom of the ocean and everyone important is either in space or dead.

Yes seeing as everyone considers 999 as the best VN of all time

>(TSF)
Fucking translators I swear.

Attached: 1528694533876.jpg (1200x848, 200K)

>I'm pretty sure aside from Japan, England, South America and North America the rest of the world is destroyed and occupied by BETA anyway

Australia and Africa are safe as well

Attached: 20180318232256_1.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Isn't Meiya the most popular girl in the western fandom anyways? Japan eats up the whole patient childhood friend love interest bullshit so Sumika's more popular there but I really don't see any redeeming character traits for her in Extra and everything is Extra Sumika's fault anyways

Attached: 1542322635452.jpg (1024x600, 134K)

The Japanese are known for their incredibly bad taste, and we have to suffer for it.

>BETA distributed evenly across Eurasia
>Japan gets two fucking hives
Why did the BETA wanna double dick Japan?

Attached: 1525701251964.png (960x540, 606K)

Newfag OP wonders why Yea Forums doesnt talk about a 15 year old VN, details at 11

I... I felt too much and couldn't bring myself to finish it... This game woke some garbage thing inside me called "feelings" that I heard normies had.
I stopped right after Marimo's "incident"

Why not? It's better then the hundreth fucking thread on RE2 or Anthem being shit.

Wow homie. If you couldn't handle that then good thing you fucking stopped. Congrats, you are Takeru at that exact moment. Someone who ran away from what was upsetting him.

I don't get how Africa doesn't have a hive either. North America is safe because the US nuked the shit out of Canada the moment the BETA landed there, but IIRC we haven't heard anything about Africa and there's a hive just across the Suez.

Attached: Stalker-kun_is_why_we_can't_have_nice_things.jpg (1024x768, 24K)

Stop being a little bitch like Takeru and end the game. is right

Attached: nzgiN2R.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

There's never much explanation as to why the beta landed where they did. I think the audience has to assume that the beta had some way of detecting the kind of materials they were looking for from orbit and landed at hotspots for them. The reality is that the writers just wanted to have some cool stuff happen like holding back the beta at the suez canal.

Yuuko is clearly the best girl.

I played everything and it is overrated, most people saying "10/10, etc" are people suffering from sunk cost fallacy of the dozens of hours they put in this game. Also, Takeru is one of the worst protagonist out there, even in the endgame he is still an imature crybaby.

When she loses her cool and literally slaps the shit out of you, insults you sarcastically, and vents in the Extra timeline due to the incident is some top quality voice acting.

I honestly don't know how you think it's overrated. This is an amazing story that has a ton of world building, action, emotion, love, etc. I would like to know want VN or game you wouldn't find overrated.

*ahem*
FUCK RAPTORS
FUCK THE UN
and most importantly, FUCK ENGLISH

Attached: English can eat shit.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

This is funny because the ultranationalist nips were portrayed as the bad guys. The
based F22 commander straight up called the Japanese fucking children for having a civil war when their nation is the front line of the fight.

>The
>based F22 commander straight up called the Japanese fucking children for having a civil war when their nation is the front line of the fight.
And yet the situation was escalated on purpose by the CIA because they wanted to destabilize Japan to undermine the Alternative IV plan, and one of Welkin's squad was a CIA plant to fuck up negotiations. Sagiri even gets what he wants in the end, the incident takes power away from the UN faction in Japan and the Shogun and Emperor's influence is increased.

Humanity have built orbital defense line to intercept incoming landing units after the first two landed. Africa is also kinda safe because beta attack in one direction at a time, and after wiping west europe they focused on alaska.
It was an experiment by beta, they kept gathering data for the entire time the hive was occupied

Wrong! This robot is deceased!

God damnit

Tama a shit
superior sniperfu coming through

Attached: 1377664980664.jpg (1024x576, 142K)

As someone who fell for the meme, it's not that good. The only good part was the hive raid, alien NTR and the game going into detail on how the BETA fucked the main girl literally inside and out

>everyone warned me about chomp
>nobody even fucking mentioned meat grinder which was 1000x worse

fuck you Yea Forums

I really don't understand how some people think this game isn't good. I would like to hear what you think is a good VN then? Maybe you simply have different tastes but it seems like you only cared for the Rah Rah battles and hated all the emotional sub-text and the growth of Takeru as a character.

Why would you want to be spoiled? Embrace the pain.

Attached: 1511884959817.gif (234x241, 189K)

Murricah confirmed BETA.

Attached: 1410139000757.jpg (1104x753, 347K)

Marimo had to suffer for having the best ending in Extra

*ahem* *ahem*
A minute of attention, please!
I'm gonna do the C thing!

Attached: Venator.png (545x668, 506K)

He cute

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Attached: 1505319115495.png (549x401, 265K)

REMINDER
>TSF Forefront never
>uncensored english Altered Fable never
>conclusion to The Day After never
this is the future of the franchise

Attached: 1539260470447.jpg (1276x720, 420K)

Why do you need a conclusion to Day After? Isn't it basically what happens after the Bad End?

>age is so creatively bankrupt that they literally have to beg their fans to write stories for them
It's dead Jim...

Who was the author for Muv Luv? Was it collaboratively done in Age?

It's not surprising, they've put out nothing but shit since Alternative to the point where they can't do anything BUT put out shit. The fact that they were bought out doesn't exactly help things either.

Koki was the main writer. All he's doing now is giving interviews and shilling artbooks.

Just started Extra when will it get to the cool mecha shit

Attached: smug.png (405x338, 204K)

>Will it ever be topped?
SM had a shot and the lazy part 2 blew it completely.
I was so mad I dropped everything ML related after that

100 hours

Enjoy Extra for what it is. Take your time and complete routes for you fav girls. Trust me, Extra is the shortest part of the overall story but you will enjoy the difference between the characters when you get to Unlimited.

Also, Ayamine is best girl.

I my the innocence I had when I started Extra.

Enjoy the extra while it lasts.

What happened to that Muv-Luv fan-made Mecha game, looked really cool when I saw it a few years ago

I thought Schwarzmarken was good. Laserjagd is based. What didn't you like about it?

I will never fathom why people consider Muv Luv good. I've tried it on two separate occasions and gotten all the way through only once, and I just hated every minute of it. It was like it tried so hard to subvert my expectations that it became predictable. I'm not knocking anyone for liking it, but how and why are alien to me.

are they vital for unlimited or should i go straight and do the important routes?

For the record, by all the way through I mean the original, in both its school and mech plots, and Alternative.

Ayamine and Tama have a couple cameos for Alternative characters but that's it. Meiya/Sumika is the one that's mandatory for older releases.

Sumika is vital. Meiya is important. Ayamine (suprising me since I did her route just because I liked her) actually should be done due to how much of her story is relevant later on.

Others are necessary only if you like them and are curious about their back story. I didn't do Mikoto, Tama, or Class Rep. You should like you really wanna give this a shot so don't spoiler yourself, take your time, and just enjoy the ride. I really hope you enjoy.

always save Tama's route for detox/healing after finishing Alternative.

replaying Extra lets you catch a shitton of pure bullshit there's-no-way-you-could-predict-this foreshadowing fun, and Tama's route is absolute :3 so it's a nice way to destress after the whole shitshow.

I want to bully the dumb cat and make her performance anxiety relapse

>Why has nobody discussed this game on here?
Reddit doesn't have the attention span to stick with it.

Muv Luv is still popular outside of this board.

I was really wrapped up in the story, the drama, the growth of Takeru and how his relationships evolve through the story. Plus I loved how detailed all the operations and mecha segments were. I just thought it was really well done with the voice acting as well. Are there some parts that can kind of drag? Sure but I think that's far from a deal breaker.

Maybe I'm a brainlet but there are plenty of things that occurred in Alternative that I wasn't fucking expecting.

Attached: pain.jpg (997x781, 483K)

I can definitely see that as a selling point, I do believe the writing was strong in Alternative at least. I just was never able to really invest in the story because the relationships Takeru built felt meaningless to me. After Xth shocking gory demise I just started questioning why I should care about any of them at all, when they were clearly doomed to be red goo by story's end?

I wanna cum on Chizuru eyebrows no homo

Attached: 2019-02-22 13_29_09-Muv-Luv - AGES 7.0 - Power Save Mode.jpg (735x691, 58K)

Idk I liked each of them, their individual personalities, and each one hurt when it happened. Hell I'm just starting episode 10 so I still have a lot to go through still I'm sure. But I'm really invested in the outcome of the story and what happens to the characters. I was fucking beside myself when Chomp happens and what happens after that. Idk, I felt like I could sympathize with Takeru. He's like the anti-Shinji.

Well the Quantum Causality theory is discussed pretty blatantly in Extra, especially with that damn cat.

chotto matte

Attached: 1549907534508.jpg (1024x600, 120K)

God i wish that were me

FACT:
Takeru>everyone

Attached: your god.jpg (640x453, 82K)

That's not Kasumi, the god-empress of humanity

Attached: muv luv trolley.png (600x429, 107K)

save humanity
bang both Meiya and Yuuhi in the new world
easy choice

Attached: 1546330431567.jpg (1920x1080, 1.13M)

Idk what this is yet and I don't want to know.

I wish I had a Meiya to wake me up

Attached: 1522210016516.jpg (1024x600, 172K)

>days without Jewish tricks.jpg
I wish I never kick-started the game. My order is still messed up, we are not going to getOr anything else.

Always nice to see ML threads here. And plenty of Meiya love.

Attached: 1363291989218.jpg (362x600, 194K)

TSF Forefront? The guy who was making it just gave up IIRC.

>there will never be a full-fledged VR Muv-Luv game

Attached: 1522478024288.png (2037x1440, 1.23M)

Fate is unironically better.

>From will never be hired to make a Muv Luv game based on AC4/FA

>Tragedy for the sake of tragedy and shoehorned sex scenes
There you go, I just summed up literally every single VN ever, now go play some actual videogames.

Tragedy for the sake of tragedy is pretty common with Japanese writers in general, not just in VNs

I don't think any of the sex scenes felt shoe horned. They felt earned and not gratuitous at all. Also, the tragedy all has a purpose. It's a war novel. Not sure what you were expecting.

the prequel was alright, i have never touched the main series though.

Attached: __liz_hohenstein_and_mig_21_balalaika_muvluv_and_schwarzesmarken_drawn_by_carnelian__bb098d62cb5ee34 (1280x1800, 1.54M)

Disgusting.

Why do you hate reading user? Go secure Burger Town you faggot.

Attached: 1510096433130.jpg (929x540, 73K)

Why though?
I'm so sick of seeing every piece of Japanese media going, "You see this likeable, innocent, kind character who did nothing wrong the whole series? They get raped then tortured to death lol."

C

Not that user but I felt that twizzlers was a bit gratuitous.
The rest of the sex fit in within the story, though, I agree.

Attached: 1520314795740.jpg (1600x1129, 465K)

what's the giant purple orgb?

War sucks, innocence is lost, the BETA need to be eradicated. It's shocking because Sumika is so happy and full of life but in Alternative she suffers rape and horror. Did you listen to how the Voice Actress put so much emotion into the simply fucking "No's" when Sumika was still unstable?
>the VA does choking, gagging, and crying sounds 50 hours before you ever find out why
That shit is fucking haunting.

Attached: 1522180535671.png (492x534, 230K)

WHOAAAA it's almost just like russian literature! it's almost like dealing the the inevitability of evil in others is a tenacious facet of human suffering!! shocker

Honestly even more annoyed with the whole self-sacrifice trope
People are dieing heroic deaths way too often in Japanese media

Super nuke. If you want to read the VN then bounce now.

What else is there to do when all options are gone? That's how desperate the situation in Alternative is.

i don't unless there's high quality plug suit boobies and or sex

Attached: 71jcEeKRJiL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 188K)

There certainly is.

Attached: 1533011447023.jpg (1024x977, 421K)

Then why the fuck are you here?

are there cute boys in muv luv or no

Abe-kun is cute.

Attached: 1486955858941.png (608x540, 331K)

That's a question with a complicated answer.

i'm here for the high quality plug suit boobies and or sex

Attached: 1500423796710.jpg (596x824, 258K)

Sure. And homolust too.

Attached: 1363433352499.jpg (1024x768, 549K)

I've seen worse under guro tags. Fuck, chomp was more brutal.

oh, that's a good one.
you have piqued my interest.

I guess what I have to ask next is, is there a certain way to go about the series or should you just start in release order?

>Needs hentai and pretty pictures of anime a babes to read something
>Pretending to be above anyone
C'mon son

How can you say Abe-kun is a good one if you never read the VN? You have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.

Also, Extra - Unlimited - Alternative.

I honestly didn't even really think of it seeing how Kasumi is an anagram for Sumika.

Attached: sumikanwantkills.jpg (1020x597, 80K)

Muv Luv isn't hentai. I don't think I jerked off once reading through it.

I'm just saying based off looks, just take it easy man.

Same here. Especially when Kasumi would occasionally say something that Sumika would have.

>Unironically considering MLA to be the best VN ever made

Attached: 123.png (500x456, 178K)

Me neither. I jerked off to some Meiya doujins from leymei though

It is, you stupid moebuta.

>was playing at 3am with the lights off when chomp happened.
>get traumatised for a month.
tfman.

Nope, even shit like Chaos;Child is better than this

don't get spoiled you retard.
and yeah it's the highest rated vn for a reason

That is the beginning of the downward spiral.

Imagine having taste this bad.

>chomp didn't do shit to me
>twizzlers actually made me legit feel bad for a couple of days
Jesus Christ, and I usually never get any kinds of feelings from movies, anime and the such.

is the true route better than the common route by a long shot?
i'm in the process of going through all the routes to unlock the true route and it's a bit of a drag.
i do hope it reveals a lot more.

*sip*
Ever17, Muv Luv, YMK... now THOSE were VNs!

Attached: 1520571896549.png (380x349, 52K)

Takeru's interview after that happened only made it worse with his description.

This is exactly what I say to anyone who claims MLA deserves its top1 VNDB spot
VNs like Fata Morgana or Inganock deserve this place, not this low effort piece of garbage

Also, let's have an alien race of biorobots who don't care about humans. Oh wait, we need some drama, quick, let's write something that will """shock""" the readers and won't make sense from the lore standpoint. SUMIKA TENTACLE RAPE HERE WE GO. I was legit laughing from the absurdity of everything that happened during that segment

Because she enjoyed it. That's the reason why she's so fucked up.

Do you really think people love MLA because of the rape scene?

Yes, but for most people it's hit or miss: some hate it, some absolutely love it. I personally think it was a perfect way to end the VN

ML is honestly quite fucking stupid when it comes down to it. The deaths are pretty much just for cheap shock value.

FOREFRONT WHEN

Attached: 1547771743091.jpg (468x431, 17K)

>tfw get chills just by seeing that pic

God that shit still give me the feels.
That opening for the first time...oh man.

>laughing during this scene
user you have some fucking problems.

Attached: 1524864330176.gif (395x281, 83K)

The STATE of triggered millennials.

never ever
enjoy your future of gachashit

If I had Notch levels of money I would fully fund an anime version of this. It would be glorious.

Attached: 357167332488.gif (580x326, 237K)

It would have been much worse and completely unbelievable if nobody died.

>"""""""""recommend"""""""""""
>muv luv extra

Attached: 1538118154032.png (206x198, 26K)

i'd really love to know how much i'll see from the council, but you know what, don't answer this. i already started seeing a bit of them in kana's route recently.

Anyone know of any VNs or anime with characters like Meiya? I can't really box her into a specific character type or trope, she's sort of unique honestly.
I've loved her design since the get-go even in Extra so if anyone's got some tips that'd be really nice

Attached: Muv-Luv-Alternative-pose.jpg (1024x600, 123K)

Isn't she a straight kuudere like Ayamine?

not in the slightest

i've grown a soft spot for characters that use the same kind of speech patterns ever since meiya, most notably for adding -yoi to their sentences. but it's a generally an old fashioned way of speaking from what i understand.
rozalin from disgaea does it too. but she is only slightly similar in character.

What happened to it?

Was one guy making it and I think he just got tired of it. It's a shame, the setting is perfect for a mecha shooter and Alternative and AC4 even came out within a year of each other, but we'll never see anything official because Age is dying and no one's going to be dedicated enough to put out a complete fan game for so little reward.

>it gets better 100 hours in!

Attached: 1545432498098.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

can I skip the H-scenes?

Yes but there really aren't many.

>tfw have a comfy time in every Muv Luv thread because the shitposters are still at school/work
I love afternoon Yea Forums

What is the play order for MuvLuv?
This is one reason why I can't into VNs, they have like a trillion different sequels, spinoffs, and remakes all with different names.

youtube.com/watch?v=yAXEMvIHtT0
How can a VN opening be so hype?

Basically the order would be original trilogy an that's it. You can pick any spinoff anytime later.

Extra with the main route split being mandatory, then Unlimited which has no split but a choice that changes the ending and a new one after the first run, and then Alternative.
Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken are spinoffs with little connection to the main story, but they have no real translation and range from mediocre to shit anyways.

The main series is just Extra -> Unlimited -> Alternative and Extra/Unlimited is just one game

I enjoyed it from the first scene in Extra, but I'm a sucker for cute SoL.

JAM Project can make anything awesome.

Laura in Trails of Cold Steel is similar.

Don't they even have the same VA?

I read the fan translation when it came out but feel like re-reading it, is the new translation better?

They don't

Yeah it's better. If you want to reread it then you might as well read the new version.

Meiya was the only voice that her seiyuu did iirc, shame because she has a good voice

The quality is definitely higher overall but there's some pretty dumb choices("dude" is used for omae when Meiya is infatuated with Takeru's informal speech). It's less dry though.

The last few threads here have been a hell of a lot better than the ones on /m/ with less shitposting and not having to deal with Sumikaspammer every five posts.