What would Epic needs doing in order for Yea Forums and reddit start liking it

What would Epic needs doing in order for Yea Forums and reddit start liking it.

Attached: bait.png (1024x547, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Bro_Team_Pill/status/1098676766531510272
gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/page1
origin.com/can/en-us/store/dead-space/dead-space-3
store.ubi.com/us/assassins-creed--origins/592450934e0165f46c8b456a.html?lang=en_US
us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/diablo-iii
investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/microsoft-antitrust.asp
boards.fireden.net/_/search/image/X6JlVNaMc3JyB6QQrF92Ow/
pcgamer.com/world-war-z-studio-says-epic-exclusivity-is-the-best-deal-for-players-and-developers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_monopoly
youtu.be/7V4UPiBOshY?t=92
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying anybody gives a fuck about this shitsites
Lmao.

Offer a service that benefits and aides the consumer.
They've got a long ways to go.

I dont care what it does or would do.I will never use it because I associate it with Fortnight
/thread

They can't do anyhing, Gabe has a cult of personality.

Be as good as steam, instead of a shitty resource hog with abysmal download speeds.

I don't hate it, but I don't trust it either.

I'd only use it if there was some advantage to doing so, but instead I'd working on that Epic decides to just make exclusivity deals to force you.

That's not really a good sign.

>instant refunds no questions asked with a limit of a day
>workshop 2.0
>no censorship
>better friends system
>better seasonal sales none of that cards and level bullshit

Attached: 1486960983966.jpg (466x493, 51K)

catch up with steams features
stop buying exclusivity rights
provide an overall better experience than steam provides
etc.

twitter.com/Bro_Team_Pill/status/1098676766531510272
Less of this

jesus fucking christ

Attached: 1503228275248.jpg (250x323, 63K)

Force Tencent to sell off their shares and remove Tencent advisors from Epic XD

>Those cucks in the replies saying it's okay because you can disable it

Literally just stop holding games hostage to their garbage platform. Adding basic features every other launcher has would be a nice bonus, but I'd settle for just dropping the moneyhatting.

someone post his photo

some American/European sockpuppet

What these guys said. How the fuck did epic not think this through?

But its ok if blizzard does it.

Have features that steam had like 15 years ago.

Buy more astroturfing campaigns than Valve. Just keep at it and it'll work out.

Name one game not made by blizzard that they paid for exclusivity rights on.

Because "these guys" want retarded features like achievements, gambling, and spying on their friends.

Free Tibet

No, it isnt.
But Blizzard mostly only do it with their own games, which no one gives a fuck about anymore.
Ubisoft and EA have their own launcers, Ubi's stuff is on steam anyway (though you launch uplay for them regardless) and EA's arent and are unique to Origin.

Epic are the only ones locking their own games to the platform AND ALSO paying to lock other games to it too.
Theyre bringing the cancer of console exclusives to the pc.

Good English skills.

Yes, because they own or develop everything exclusive to their store.

What we're getting with epic is GFWL 2.0

don't you mean Steam 2.0?

>Ubisoft and EA have their own launcers, Ubi's stuff is on steam anyway (though you launch uplay for them regardless) and EA's arent and are unique to Origin.
And this is probably why Origin and Ubi's store have been such massive failures.

>Epic are the only ones locking their own games to the platform AND ALSO paying to lock other games to it too.
So your problem is that they're paying the developer money?

They did, they just thought that consumers like eating shit. Their twitter nuthuggers convinced them.

filtered

They said something vague ages ago about cross platform play on epic. That would've been a fucking great feature to push over steam, I'd refund half my library just to rebuy them with multiplatform support.

But nope, it's easier to be monopolistic cunts

Stop being botnet of soulless gooks who eat each other.

Attached: 1531054005663.png (2300x1335, 1.69M)

>What would Epic needs doing in order for Yea Forums and reddit start liking it.
Stop torturing muzzies is a good place to start.

EPIC STORE BAD

because...

because...

*flips through script*

Uh... Epic Store bad because spying!!!

Attached: 1647623776696.png (377x362, 129K)

All because u can't be arsed to dll a 12mb file and install it
>But muh chink mining
I am sure people would be all over that if it were true.

No forced launcher, just let me buy and dl games from a webpage if I want to, like GOG
Launcher has no telemetry that sells your data to chink
Launcher shouldn't be a DRM in general and games should launch without it
Regional prices
No thought policing of game developers like Steam are doing. Have a 18+ section and accept every games unconditionally.
Good refund policy.
Reviews.
Stop trying to bait exclusives

Attached: 1547294255260.png (590x681, 381K)

Yes, because they are paying the developers what amounts to a bribe in order to screw customers.

Steam didn't have any features 15 years ago. The fuck are you talking about?

Controller remapping support, Steam's best feature, wasn't added until last year

in b4 proton

Proton is just a variant of WINE that Epic Store could add and even use Valve's patches for free.

The dev doesn't have to take it

>IT BRIBE

Bribes are usually taken when there is something to be lorded over the other. The only thing being lorded is money to devs who might not be able to afford releasing the game, and Steam's not give them the money.

i refuse to install the epic launcher so im just pirating whatever exclusives they buy but to be honest this isnt THAT bad you can just close the launcher if youre not using it. now if it would advertise while playing a game through the launcher, that would be a different story

Attached: 1547681619784.png (500x522, 118K)

I love how epic shills always completely miss the point. Like your post fails to address the one (1) (singular) point in the post you're replying to, but you plough on anyway.

What the fuck are you saying Chang?

Epic store is bad because it offers nothing new, actually has less features than other stores like GoG or Steam AND it's blockbuster exclusive has fucking Denuvo on it. The whole "the devs get a bigger cut!" meme was designed to coax redditors into buying into it, but even they saw the writing on the wall for that.
>wojack
Oh yeah, opinion discarded.

every website, application, and service spies on you
this is nothing new
Don't act like this is the only argument against Epic because if you've been following, which I doubt you have considering the meme you posted, you'd realize there's a lot more to dislike about Epic than it spying

stop making bad games lol

Attached: 82afe5d9-c3c5-43ca-a655-4786b36a88cb.gif (160x270, 247K)

Have something worthwhile besides bringing excusives wars to PX
GOG is a direct compeditor to Steam but people dont hate it because it revives old games and is mostly DRM free.

>No reviews
>No voice chat
>No community forums
>No workshop
>No screenshot sharing
>No wishlist
>No game tags
>No discovery queue
>No one-click online streaming
>No h-games
>No music category
>No software category
>No video category
>No linux support
>No mac support
>No regional pricing
>No payment option variety
>No marketplace
>No trading cards
>No trading
>No user profile customization
>No achievements
>No controller support
>No family sharing
>No overlay with browser
>No client skinning support
>No controller-friendly mode
>No local network gameplay streaming
>No cloud saves
>No backup feature
>No adding third party games to your list
>No third party key registration
>No reason to use Epic Store

Attached: 1449533113162.png (241x230, 17K)

omfg

Go back to China.

give away thimbleweed park for free

Start with Cloud saving.
Then all start from there.

Reminder that people used to hate steam as much or even more than people hate origin or epic right now. We've just grown custom to the garbage and started to like it.

Attached: GKaoJ.gif (119x114, 18K)

>you'd realize there's a lot more to dislike about Epic than it spying

So, nothing?

I'm a staunch Steam user. Nothing in my opinion beats it and I have over 1,500+ Steam games. The only other thing I use is GoG for the free games, because nothing, up until now, has been competition to Steam's monopoly

GoG for example is anything but competition: They're the guy in the dog mask to Steam's old guy. They've been around since 2008 and done dick all to compete with Steam or even try to take marketshare for them. They're a cuckold boutique shop for old games (or were) that now sells bad indie games like Jotun. Congrats GoG, ya did it.

Attached: dog mask.jpg (612x456, 47K)

i've never hated steam. Yea Forums has always liked it

absolutely based

or maybe steam has grown better during the years with numerous features?

They will hate it no matter what because they grew up with steam and it's being taken from them.

what the fuck are you on about?

Let me download DRM free copies of their games like GOG. Literally the only thing at this point.
And your idiotic assertion that people who hate Epic like Steam is fucking stupid.

Attached: this_sends_the_chink_shill_to_prison.jpg (700x859, 137K)

GoG is not competition

Epic Store is the first real whiff of competition and Steam drones are mad because they autistically want everything in one place.

The client/web browser integration is still fucking garbage, browsing the store is unintuitive unless you're using the basic search function that lets you sort by tags, and the design is a cluttered mess.

why isn't gog competition

Attached: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (3006x5344, 1.01M)

>DUDE STOP DOING THESE THINGS INHERENT TO CAPITALISM HOW DARE THEY

My only issue is Tencent.
If they buyback their shares from them then I won't mind using epic.

Support Linux, and support Valve's fight against Microsoft/Win10 monopoly.

I think I made it clear: They're just Steam's bitch boy.

>HEY MASSAH STEAM - THAT INDIE GAME SHORE LOOKS GEWD. MIND IF I HAD IT?
>*steam burps, then throws his bitch boy dog gog a bone*

Pic related

Ultraman=GoG
Guy in jacket=Me

Attached: 03b.jpg (640x955, 60K)

i dont care about your personal taste. the fact is that user reviews, workshop, user groups and individual forums have made steam an excellent service which only those who dont want to engage with other people would hate

not this fag again

Chink Corp being a major shareholder is a major red flag for me, any other country would be fine but Chinks are not generous for humanitarian reasons. I'd have used it if not for that.

Since the bf3 video I've always loved him, he's someone I admire greatly. Just a drunk dude who plays fuckin' whatever and always has a good time.

Yes those are all great services and why I use Steam and will continue to use Steam - but Steam doesn't have a copyright on them. Epic Store could do all those and even do Proton.

copy every aspect of steam instead of just 20% of the platform and then throwing a temper tantrum when nobody joins

>Because they autistically want everything in one place
Yeah you're right, it's better to have;
Steam account
uplay account
Origin account
Epic account
GOG account
Bethesda account
Discord account
and a Blizzard account
Than to just have one account for everything. WAY more convenient this way. I should put them all in my fucking startup queue as well so that my desktop fills with windows every time I cycle my pc.

it's still competition. why are you injecting your weird personifications of faceless storefronts into your arguments. you seem like a faggot honestly.

Be like GoG and don't have any drm.
From the user perspective it's too similar to steam right now.

Hiro is selling your data to the man on the pic

yes? what are you even trying to say? you just conceded my point that people have grown to like steam because it has evolved over the years, not because they just grew accustomed to it

as a developer
>workshop support
>an actual fucking forum so i can easily contact and reply to people having problems
>reviews (for the same reason)
>matchmaking and networking support (this alone makes the 30% steam takes worth it btw)

epic has less features than discord and itch.io right now, but takes more
so why the fuck would i support it?
fucking github has more features and they dont take any cut! maybe i should host my games on github instead

You seem like a GoG shill who can't handle his store being irrelevant

gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/page1

GoG had a chance for relevancy with Witcher 2 or even Witcher 3, but no. Now it's Epic's turn to win.

Not be owned by tencent

But they aren't showing any interest in actually improving their platform and instead are just throwing piles of fortnite cash at developers for exclusivity

>spying on their friends
You don't sound like you have any friends.

Flight of most games to epic and leaving steam as a "weeb anime pc game store"

not exist

you still haven't explained why gog isn't competition, nor why epic is. all epic has right now are old indie games that were made popular on steam and fortnite. epic just sounds like a worse version of gog going by your logic.

When Steam started it wasn't that way. Thank god Valve actually gave enough of a shit. They literally could have kept it just a shitty store front because they had defacto control over the digital marketplace

It just launched and needs time to develop features.

When Steam launched, it was just a shitty DRM on par with Starforce. It had no features.

Attached: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (256x365, 23K)

Are you an idiot?

Nobody even mentioned GoG until you brought it up
I dislike Epic because they want to force people to use their objectively inferior service by buying exclusivity rights and touting about how they care more about the developers than consumers
Sure, it's convenient to have everything in one place but when Epic has mostly the same games as Steam with less features and anti-consumer practices I'd rather stick to Steam

I have no faith that Epic will be around after the Fortnite money dries up, and I have no faith that when the money dries up, I will still have access to all the games I "bought" from them. They also don't have a forum for game support, and give you popups about their store when playing non epic store games.
Also, the Chinese are soulless insect people.

What has GoG done to be more than just a supplement to Steam?

YouTube and Steam are monopolies. If they're the Cokes, they have no Pepsis. GoG is Steam's Vimeo: Just a place for tryhard hipsters.

Attached: cola vs pepsi.jpg (550x379, 64K)

>then throwing a temper tantrum when nobody joins
I've never heard them or anyone getting angry about people not joining the epic store. On the Steam side of things people are uncontrollably seething though, if it's so bad just chill.

>When Steam started it wasn't that way.
okay but again youre just agreeing with me so what was this post about exactly? or was that not you?

>all epic has right now are old indie games

What about the new indie games like Hades or pic related?

What about Metro Exodus? Is that an old indie?

Attached: 1550086753987.jpg (1334x750, 120K)

Wow interesting I want aware that when Steam launched with no features that people liked it and did not hate the shit out of it not was I aware that epic was competing with the version of steam from 10 years ago you mongoloid retard

Attached: 1549859324665.png (1280x695, 379K)

Epic just launched, my god man

I've never developed a platform, but there's a reason why even some of Steam's best features launched last year:

Shit takes time to develop and beta test.

But is it bad from an end user standpoint to have to wait for those features? It is - but we waited for Steam to do shit.

>paying millions of dollars to start a PC version of console wars
I hope the Epic execs all take a trip to their masters in China and ride an escalator together.

all of the features that people want on the epic store have been shot down publicly or are in opt in thing. Reviews, forums and refunds are all opt in.

actually gave a damn about the old games they're releasing and making sure they work. Making the. DRM free, and releasing some games that you can't buy on steam and to get physically would've cost ludicrous prices. All while including most of steams features that are opt in for the user, unlike steam.
GoG is just a straight up better Steam aside from the game selection.

>and fortnite
Exodus was stolen from steam and I had no clue about the other ones you mentioned.

Why release it if it's a half baked piece of shit that can't even begin to compare to what it's attempting to compete with, it's fucking insulting

>It just launched and needs time to develop features.
They should have made those features BEFORE launching because Steam has raised the bar for entry.
>Make a car.
>Dont include seatbelts, airbags or a roof.
>"Dont worry bro they just need time to develop those, the first cars didnt have them either."

If you're actually this dumb, remove yourself from the gene pool.
If you're being paid to say this dumb shit, you should be fired.

Attached: oscar_solutions__inc__by_inyourfridge-d8o0cpz.png (1024x682, 653K)

That doesn't explain why even origin has more features than epic's storefront 7 FUCKING YEARS AGO, and they sell games at by them without resorting to locking them to their store.

>Exodus was stolen from steam

IT WAS LITERALLY STOLEN FROM THE HANDS OF STEAM!!!1 NO MONEY EXCHANGED HANDS WITH AN OFFICIAL CONTRACT, NO, IT WAS STOLEN BY A THIEF IN THE NIGHT!!!1

I literally can't believe some of you guys are like this.

Let me explain, the only people in the world that would give a fuck about epic in current year+3 are literally people who just built a computer, NEWS FLASH CLIFFYB JR EVERYONE ALREADY HAS ALL THEIR GAMES ON STEAM ALREADY DUDE, AND NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR GAME IF IT ISN'T - YOU DUMB FAGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Attached: 1544543268373.png (352x305, 6K)

>That doesn't explain why even origin has more features than epic's storefront

I just checked and Origin doesn't have the review system you guys keep crying you deserve

>Opening the page literally slowed Firefox to a crawl

Yikes

Attached: rzgw.jpg (926x507, 69K)

>people are able to preorder a game from steam
>one day, exclusivity rights are bought out and pulled the rug out from under people who don't pre order out of principal
Maybe they could've competed feature wise instead of trying to make console wars a thing on PC.

Epic didn't just launch, it's been out since 20-fucking-15. I can't remember exactly when gog galaxy launched but it was in and around the same time and even that has far FAR more features and it did it all without moneyhatting

>not was I aware that epic was competing with the version of steam from 10 years ago
This is just the early stages of the store and they said they will be improving it as time goes on. Bringing up the current state of the store as if it means anything for the future is retarded, if you think this you have nothing to worry about or discuss.

why do retards think that what epic is doing is the same thing as console exclusives? console exclusives are usually either made in-house by the company that makes the console or funded by them during development. without console exclusivity, a lot of games would have never been made at all.
in contrast, epic is just buying up games that were already made in order to make them exclusive.

>reddit spacing
>I AM SILLY
It was stolen, because of a deal that Steam obviously knew nothing about.
go back and shill for your chinese masters there

Digital store fronts can be developed and updated, but cars can't. Faulty comparison my man.

Just because it's not food doesn't make it inherently a good argument.

at the end of the day, it's still useless bloatware like all of these "launchers."

idk what kind of computer or version of firefox you use but you've got some kind of problem somewhere if so

store.ubi.com/us/assassins-creed--origins/592450934e0165f46c8b456a.html?lang=en_US

And nope, I just checked uPlay. No user reviews here.

Huh... no user reviews on Origin and uPlay... yet Steam drones go on and on about user reviews being the standard...

Attached: DyM3qxHVsAErXkp.jpg (618x850, 66K)

you have to go back

>want a sandwich
>on the left is a plain ham sandwich. Just hanging lettuce and cheese
>on the right is the promise of a 5 star gourmet sub that may or may not be coming out
what do you eat?

If you hate interacting with other people, sure

this

>>No h-games
that's it
dropped hard fuck ebin store

I would have been ok with them, even happy with them since competition is always good for the customers.
But its owned by tencent.

Not being completely evil and anti consumer would be a good place to start. But that's the whole point of their store so fuck em and fuck every dev/publisher who gives in to their exclusivity bullshit.

Battlenet... Battle.net has to have user reviews!

Oh...

Well I eat Steam, obviously - but keep my eye on the gourmet sub shop, as they keep giving me free samples

Attached: DyM3rSVVYAU--jJ.jpg (336x787, 37K)

What about GoG? That has user reviews.
All I see is Epic having features that are on par with some of the worst clients in existence. Reviews should be standard and if you think otherwise then you should just hang yourself you disgusting chink.
I'll stick to Steam and GoG. They at least know their place.

Steam is the standard so by extension, most of its features should be standard

>Epic store is just as good as Origin and UPlay
You mean it's on the same level as malware disguised as a launcher that nobody wants to download, but has to if they want to play their game. Nobody likes Origin or Uplay, and Epic is somehow worse than both!
oh lordy I'm laffin

Alright, i'll play ball.
>Computer OS released today: Doors (you)
>Looks and runs exactly like Windows M.E.
>"It's just software bro, it can be developed and updated."
Do you buy it?
Address the argument.

Attached: 1395108912224.png (867x766, 796K)

nooooooooo stop hurting this multi billion dollar company
guys please support ebin store :(

games that I actually care about

Again, what's your point with the reviews? Why are you anti customer review? All your proving is that the shitty launchers people begrudgingly use have the same features as some shitty chink spyware.
Fucking die you chink scum.

Ubisoft sells their games on Steam. uPlay is just a launcher full of Ubisoft-benefiting advertisements at this point. It isn't even shit the way it used to be anymore, with its fast launching and free in-game content for their games.

EA sold their games on Steam for a long time as well but Origin turned out to be a bullet to their own feet ever since its launch. And let's take a look at that EA stock right about now, shall we? Yikes.

Attached: ea.jpg (636x550, 37K)

Epic Games needs to make at least one good game for me to even consider using their store.
The reason Steam got so big is because Valve was known as a good company that made Half Life and bought the team that made Counter Strike. People installed Steam just so they could play Counter Strike.

Epic Games has nothing. Never made a good game, never will. Their only game that people know and play is Fortnite, and that game is free. People will just play Fortnite until they get bored of it and they will not return to the platform.
Fortnite is already losing players and popularity. Epic Games store has no chance.

You are just linking single publisher stores you industrial cock inhaler. Origin, Uplay, and Battlenet are more like launchers than stores and basically only sell the companies games. Steam, Epic and GoG are completely different.

Every steam functionality but no DRM
And also not be Chinese

Steam reviews are great, you can find a lot about a game through what people think about them. Only people who complain about them are people too retarded to actually read any of the reviews.

You got it, boss.

Attached: 1488975272309.jpg (366x562, 58K)

>Epic is more like Linux in this equation
it absolutely is not, mac would be a more apt comparison but still wrong

>Comparing closed source Chinese botnet ebin store to Linux
>>>

Attached: nathan.jpg (913x748, 222K)

cool, maybe ill use it in 20 years when it has the bare minimum features required to compete with steam

mods = gods

>pro consumer = hyper toxic
These people are unbelievable. The level of detachment from reality is insane.

wow did the mods finally ban a blatant shitposter for once?

>What am I using the OS for?
Exactly.
There's no reason to use this OS because it is objectively worse.
Likewise with epic's store.
It is objectively worse in every sense but "They take less money from the publisher" which they themselves have said is unsustainable.

>Comparing Linux to the epic's store.
Holy hell you're actually this fucking dumb.
Get some help, please.

Attached: 1395109616118.jpg (1332x1072, 675K)

Like free games each month?

Stop spamming Yea Forums with hourly anti-Steam, pro-Epic shill threads. That would be a good start.

Also, this.

Buy back their shares from Tencent.

Maybe stop bludgeoning us with shill threads

North Wind and the sun is a timeless story and yet people keep trying to bludgeon you on how you'd be an idiot not to do the thing they want you to do .

Attached: The_North_Wind_and_the_Sun_-_Sun_-_Project_Gutenberg_etext_19994.jpg (362x396, 69K)

>what we want
better service and direct competition with steam. Doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles as long as the core functionality is good.
>what they're offering
equally bad service, another shitty client no one asked for, and exclusivity deals

>Compares epic store to Linux
>Instantly banned.
Do we just have to make them say something so fucking retarded that there is zero question they are shitposting?

Attached: 1395110080960.jpg (1920x1080, 544K)

Well, that is one of the five guys that started that whole thing in 2014 so ...

is it? who are the other 4?

Like no questions asked unlimited refunds for any game. Like family share. Like a lot of things. See pic related.

Epic is printing money thanks to Fortnite, but instead of using it to make their platform an attractive and competitive offering, they use it to buy game exclusivity and give consumers no choice but to use an inferior platform if they want said games.

Attached: 1547003729579.png (1661x933, 109K)

twitch has a store?

>people condemning one drm platform while supporting another
true clown world

>user reviews
>better refund system
>less bit coin miners
> oh and no chinks

>Steam shill mod/janny so assblasted he deleted all my posts

Oh no no no no no

Is this what being a Steam shill is like? Silencing ideas and competition?

Attached: ee8b5dd0e5436c294fc138c1db767b297c036d79.png (54x54, 22K)

What
Most of Yea Forums are cum slurping weebs amyways so what's the point
Epic should make it appealable for game devs to release games on their store so they would all leave and leave steam as the place to get anime visual novels/h-games

You of all people should be used to it, Chang.

believe it or not shitposting is against the rules

And as a refresher course to Steam drones:

None of Steam's competition uses User Reviews. So why is it expected of Epic?

Attached: rzgw steam reviews metro exodus.jpg (926x507, 69K)

DO I ROOK CHINESE TO YOU? I AM KOREAN

Shitposting according to mods/jannies=Pointing out Steam is a monopoly and Epic could get better

Attached: 1550533223514.png (207x244, 7K)

They're shit for it too.
They aren't getting shilled.
Make a thread about how great they are and you'll be swamped in it too.

Attached: 200.gif (306x200, 702K)

one of those have good games

sure thing buddy

Attached: 1530391018983.png (415x353, 111K)

I made an Epic account to play fornite with my cousin, which I only did like once or twice. Somehow, my Epic games account was hacked and ended up in a pastebin with hundreds of other accounts + emails and passwords,
Luckily I had no debit card details on the store but I don't know how I was hacked when I literally used it one time. I've used steam for 10 years and its never happened.

Because why wouldn't it be? No one likes those stores. Notice how most people only praise GoG or Steam.
Reviews should be a standard feature of any store. The stores you picked are behind the times and no one likes them.
Stop shitposting Chang, youll miss out on your 3 cents a day if you get banned.

because its a good feature you dumb fucking corporate cuck

>NOOOOOOO HOW DARE HE POINT OUT THAT STEAM IS A MONOPOLY - I NEED TO SILENCE HIM - BUT ONLY AFTER I GET MY HOT POCKETS

Attached: 1449931545783.png (920x900, 227K)

>>They aren't getting shilled.
See: >>That doesn't explain why even origin has more features than epic's storefront

No one "expects" anything from Epic. We just want you to go away, back to the upline of corporate anuses you so love to tongue the inside walls of.

You work hard for hate and you're gonna get it. Try to learn from the experience.

Steam isn't a monopoly. There are 10s of sites and clients where you can buy games.

It's a good feature, but it's proven that it's not needed by those 3.

Attached: metro 2033 last light 2.jpg (1362x1017, 164K)

Attached: 9fb2489038d770ed6eb0596cfcd9453b.jpg (2008x680, 351K)

Unlike Epic, Steam doesn't buy exclusivity rights to games. I can buy a copy of Bioshock Remastered from either GoG or Steam.
Literally not a monopoly no matter how many times you Chinese shill "people" spam it.

How many are actual competition? If YouTube and Steam are Coke, who is their Pepsi?

GoG for example is Vimeo: A website for hipsters that can pretend they're better than everybody else.

Attached: cola vs pepsi.jpg (550x379, 64K)

Coke and Pepsi aren't the same.

if something gets review bombed you can ignore it. If not then its still useful. Are you literally a fucking shill or are you just retarded?

Attached: 1548259343344.jpg (1038x634, 263K)

Valve has never once locked down exclusivity for a game, forcing consumers to buy from them or no one else. They believe consumers should always have a choice.

Meanwhile... On epic... (pic)

Learn the definition of monopoly. EPIC is the actual literal, attempt at being a monopoly, using all the practices one does.

Attached: jews.jpg (850x679, 78K)

Not be chinese olwned

>>Unlike Epic, Steam doesn't buy exclusivity rights to games.

It doesn't have to when it's the only relevant digital store front.

>walmart isn't a monopoly because people chose to shop there, heh *puts on fedora sunglasses*

Not let themselves be bought out by Tencent. It's too late now. You've made your chink bed, now you sleep in it.

GoG is actual competition. Literally explain to me why it isn't. Before your shitposts got deleted you wouldn't even answer that.
Please Chang, enlighten us.

Walmart literally isn't a monopoly you braindead chink.
No wonder commies hate capitalism. They just don't fucking understand it.

>Valve has never once locked down exclusivity for a game

You were forced to use Steam if you wanted to play HL2 or CS:S

Attached: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (264x376, 18K)

Free tibet

Xinjiang Autonomous Uighur Province

Tiannaman Square Massacre

>Walmart literally isn't a monopoly you braindead chink.

Microsoft wasn't either but still got sued for it

investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/microsoft-antitrust.asp

>On May 18, 1998, the Department of Justice filed antitrust charges against Microsoft (MSFT). The charges were brought to determine whether Microsoft's bundling of additional programs into its operating system constituted monopolistic actions. The suit was brought following the browser wars that led to the collapse of Microsoft's top competitor, Netscape, which occurred when Microsoft began giving away its browser software for free.

Huh... that doesn't sound like a monopoly to me...

this tbqh

just like when EA started origin im just gonna pirate all the shit not on steam now

Don't even bother trying to argue with the guy, it's an actual shill.
boards.fireden.net/_/search/image/X6JlVNaMc3JyB6QQrF92Ow/

Being unable to compete is not the definition of a monopoly. You want to compete with Steam? Offer the same thing with lower prices and features like: buying a multiplat game on console grants you a license for that game on your marketplace on PC; cross compatibility with Steamworks; complete soundtracks as part of purchases for free; USER RATINGS; Teledildonics; etc.

Attached: 536bd1b4-adf0-4a3a-8c4f-12193544bcb0_1.93569bc00024b17199946e3743d9b387.jpg (450x450, 44K)

>I have 160 games on Steam
>implying I'm going to change platform for any reason

Maybe if you guys started Epic Store in 2007, but in 2019? Too late.

>ads pop up while you play vidya
Yeah it just needs to die. Valve needs an actual competitor.

>GoG is actual competition. Literally explain to me why it isn't.

GoG is the guy in the dog mask to Steam's old guy in this Shining image. GoG is Steam's bitch boy. What have they done with an exclusive that makes people prefer it to Steam?

Oh, nothing. There's a reason GOG doesn't have a single Dark Souls game.

Attached: dog mask.jpg (612x456, 47K)

Yes... because they're actual competition.

Attached: 0_Winnie-The-Pooh-Animation.jpg (615x409, 21K)

A game they made. No one is upset at Epic or EA or Ubisoft for keeping their own games on their own store.
False equivalence. It's like saying you can't sell shit you made yourself door to door.

>violate copyright
>get sued over it
WOW
GOOD JOB CHANG
YOUR A BIG TIME LAWYER OVER IN CHINA ARENT YA

Swat 3 and 4. Both games brought back from the dead by GoG and works like a charm on modern systems.
Stop making gay blowjob analogies Chang. You might get the thought police on your ass.

I hated steam because of how bloated it was. That never got fixed, computers simply became better.

No they're not. There's places where you can only buy Pepsi and places where you can only buy Coke.

You just had a shitty pc back then.

Epic is trying to be a monopoly. Steam isnt

Offer user reviews is enough for me. I practically don't use anything else on Steam, and buying a game just to leave a big fuck you to the dev is worth the money.

steam is extremy lightweight for what is offers, while launchers like origin are bloated and laggy despite having almost no features other than buying games.

FUCK YOU CHINK USA USA USA

Yes, that's called competition.

>Being unable to compete is not the definition of a monopoly.

It can be. Not on the topic of gaming platforms though. But there are several businesses that have so high entry costs the people who are already established in them practically have a natural monopoly.

>>Steam isnt

They've actually been trying, but been failing miserably

>Steam machines? Flop
>Steam controllers? Flop
>SteamOS? Flop
>Steam Link? Flop
>Steam Videos? Flop
>Shartifact? You better believe that was a flop
>Source 2? Not even made to even be a flop

>can I get a coke?
>no we only sell pepsi
That's not real competition

A few of those things we're better off without. I fucking hate the trading cards and the stupid level up system on Steam.

>What would Epic needs doing in order for Yea Forums and reddit start liking it.

stop being owned by the Chinese

Is it downs?

Why are people so willing to give epic a free pass for being shitty and not any other big soulless videogame corporation?

This proofs that there is even more use to user reviews, other than rating games. Review bombing can be seen as a form of protest, I don't see how this is a bad thing.

how is that competition lol

Workshop
Forums
User reviews
Easier refunds
Proper regional pricing
Sales
No exclusivity bullshit
Launcher shouldn't be a DRM
No thought policing
None of this bullshit

Not be owned by the Chinese government

It might make you go

>If I want a Coke, I have to go to this other place to get it!

So you might start eating there instead of the place you were at.

It's pretty simple man: Two companies duking it out for your preference.

Stop being chinese

>It can be.
No. It can't.

Only Epic is trying to be a monopoly. Gabe said years ago that he's anti monopoly and anti exclusivity. He says it's bad for everyone and no philosophy to live by.

Attached: Capture.jpg (666x425, 36K)

delete fortnite and retcon it from existence aswell as make half life 3 that lives up to expectation

Why do old good games deserve it? I wouldn't have given Arkham Asylum a bad review just because Arkham Knight's PC port was horrible.

Attached: DyM3qxHVsAErXkp.jpg (618x850, 66K)

my knee-jerk reaction to that would be an example of business denying service to someone for being black and telling them to go to another similar business who do allow black people. is that just fair competition as well?

Why the fuck every time I see this list it gets longer?

>Also, the Chinese are soulless insect people.
Wrong.

You want to get into race baiting shit like that: Yes, like the gay cake thing, that's how it should be.

But we don't live in a sensible society, we live in clown world

>I hate things that concern me in literally no way
how's this mentality called?

I'm sure you can still find the whole case somewhere, isn't Zoey ex-boyrfriend's blog still up?

its not racebaiting its me taking your argument to its logical conclusion as i see it. so you do think that would be fair competition?

Everyone in Hong Kong seems to disagree.

Attached: 130701231925-hong-kong-july-1-protest-4-story-top.jpg (640x360, 72K)

Literally shills and shitposters.

Because people take a lot of shit that steam does for granted, and the sheer audacity of the above two people is making people actually dig into reasons to make them fuck off.
It's rapidly reaching not told / told / toldasauraus status.

Didn't I just say yes? The gay cake thing: If you're gay, you shouldn't be able to force someone to make it. You should have to go to another baker who will make your gay cake.

They do concern me, because they're an essential part of Steam at this point. This is the same retarded argument that shills use when people say cosmetics are overpriced. Achievements are completely useless and do nothing but add fake longevity to a game rather than actual content. As for levels - no user should be above another user because of their level. This is basically just a scheme for people to buy dumb cards. You literally have FEWER features if you aren't a high enough level. Fuck Gaben.
I'm sure the CCP's re-education camp will help them change. God bless Xi.

It technically is.
But everyone knows that programs and sites with things like this always break these options and shove it all down your throat anyway with the smallest update/overhaul.

Because there's no end to the features that the Epic Store obstinately doesn't have.

Attached: 1461490798761.jpg (212x237, 8K)

Because I'm not a retarded Steam drone who still goes for that "BASED LORD GABEN" bullshit.

I see benefit in having competition to Steam.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

well lucky for us there are some necessarily regulations so businesses cant just do whatever. youre severely misunderstanding the gay cake thing by the way, a business would absolutely be compelled to sell one of its ordinary cakes to any customer regardless of sexual orientation. the problem in this particular case is that you can successfully argue that custom wedding cakes are art and the state cannot compel you to create art. you dont even get this right, jesus

You understimate the amount of assfucking the average person endures
You'll see when the new Yea Forums interface kicks in how many of you fags will say "It's okay"

So that is why They are releasing their own games in other platforms like GoG?
oh wait they are not.

Attached: 1408596950054.jpg (500x501, 101K)

>Steam Forums
no one use those, even a subreddit is more useful.
>User reviews
they can be manipulated, you have opencritic if you want reviews, or a subreddit for user reviews/discussion
>Easier refunds
>Proper regional pricing
>Sales
>No exclusivity bullshit
>Launcher shouldn't be a DRM
those are the thing they really need to implement/fix, and I hope it's soon
be real, no one use most of these features

Attached: 9e9.jpg (605x695, 60K)

what features am I missing out on for not being high level

No, that was just the legal defense. In a sensible world, you could tell a nigger to get the fuck out of your store.

And also you could run a store that virtue signals and allows for niggers to buy from your store.

No. Steam still wastes resources, but we're so used to it by now, because we have garbage like Electron everywhere.

Because you can give Arkham Knight a bad review instead.

When it comes to bad publisher decisions that might spread into future releases, people tries to send a message to them by disliking their previously released games. Similar thing happened to Rockstar games when Take-Two took down that single player mod menu.

>First-party games are the game as third-party games

Every time people fail to make the easiest distinction between the two.

>A game they made
Mean While GoG sell the witcher on their competition platform, even if it is a game they made.

>you can buy the game on epic store
>you can't buy it anywhere else
Where's the competition?

Mainly it needs the key features steam has and to be more consumer-friendly.
Basically they're trying to appeal to the game companies but not to the people who are buying the games.

There is nothing they could do
Here's the thing: people don't WANT to use steam, they don't want to use a DRM platform at all, it's just that steam is already here and not going anywhere so we're upset about people adding more shit to the pile

the only good thing about steam is that they try to support loonix aside that its pure bloat especially on linux.
On windows its fine but on linux it eat ram and cpu like crazy

Kindly go back to faggit and then kill yourself.

>no one use those
So you just lie now? Everyone uses those specially for bugs. In fact people who bought Exodus on E store are being forced to use it to solve bugs.
>they can be manipulated
>lists aggregate that uses data from a class of people who are time and again found in bed with the publishers
Surely you jesting.
>those are the thing
You're ignoring

Can't display as many things on your channel or add the same amount of friends.

He didnt say that "pro consumer" is same as hyper toxic. And there is a reason why he quoted it "pro-consumer".

unfortunately for you theres this thing called civil rights. i know youre not a fan but its still more important than your laissez faire paradise

you provide a public service? service that nigger then. you create art? the state cannot compel you to do so

read a fucking book lol

Stop fortnite completely. I mean the end is near. They're desperately trying to get people to stay playing

What's your point? Ubisoft sells their games on steam too. Steam didn't buy out those games to be put on the store, only Epic does that.

They release them on consoles. Who doesn't release their own 1st-party shit on their own platform though? Fucking stupid. Epic is locking exclusivity on games they have absolutely nothing to do with.

workshop

also TAKE THIS YOU FUCKING CHINK
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

>they can be manipulated,
Yet, a game that Valve THEMSELVES have released has fully negative recent reviews.
You'd think if they could be manipulated valve themselves would do it at least for a game that's their's.

Attached: 1460989694264.jpg (364x405, 28K)

What are you trying to prove with that image?

Attached: file.png (955x495, 68K)

Not be Chinese?

Attached: 1a6v9z.jpg (545x473, 26K)

It's a 50/50 deal with CDPR, 50 being the fact they weren't and still aren't as big as those other companies so the "free" publicity and advertising done by steam guarantees much more sold copies and the other 50 is their philosophy of giving the consumer the opportunity of choice.

You just described it

Walmart doesn't sell a particular brand of crackers I like. So I have to go to a grocery store to get them.

If a Steam drone had it his way, I could get those crackers from Wal-Mart. It would be more convenient, but that's not how the world works.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

You know this is actually a perfect redflag to see when a developer or publisher fucked up with the customers.

There won't be civil rights act to stop Epic Store exclusivity, Steam drone.

*dabs on your nigger loving grave*

>I want competition that makes it less convenient for the customer
Are you a game dev?

on gtihub you have to pay for proprietary projects

stop being bad
start being good

:DD

Attached: 1546398692290.png (650x456, 327K)

epic gave us third game for free,some point and click so I'll check it out but won't buy any games there tho Thx for free stuff china.

just torrent the game and youve got it for free then?

Attached: 1547501736582.jpg (600x699, 36K)

could you make an autoscript that would post that picture everytime this faggot posts on Yea Forums?

Competition makes things inherently annoying, yes, otherwise we'd all shop only at WalMart and eat only McDonalds.

Not bait, but do you think a law will be passed to stop what Epic is doing or something? I'm not sure I understand your overall point other than you bringing up race baiting shit. I don't think that's how it works.

Are their games cheaper than on steam?
No?
They can fuck off then.

I just don't have any confidence that I'd be able to access any games on it years from now. UT4 and Paragon were killed off to put their developers on Fortnite because they weren't making billions like Fortnite. Didn't even just leave the fucking servers up for Paragon. With the word being that Epic sales are below MS store levels, why the fuck would I believe they won't just shut that down too? Good thing they have the Unreal engine or they would be fuuuuucked with Fortnite dying down.

>getting drunk alone behind your pc
>even lonelier faggots will actually watch you and pretend they have someone to talk to.
so much cringe in just one post, well done user.

Attached: sad youtube man.jpg (1080x985, 170K)

Walmart has big money backing it up so they go anywhere, out-price the competition till they're forced to close then bump the prices back up

>Are their games cheaper than on steam?

Yes

pcgamer.com/world-war-z-studio-says-epic-exclusivity-is-the-best-deal-for-players-and-developers/

>Matthew Karch said in a statement released today that despite the backlash, moving to Epic is "the best deal for players and developers."

>"First of all, building games is costly, and so to receive 88% instead of 70% means we can invest more into making World War Z," he wrote.

>"Second, we're passing along much of the savings to you as gamers. The price of World War Z on the Epic Games store is being dropped to $34.99 starting now and continuing through our April 16 launch and beyond. Any players who have already pre-purchased the game for $39.99 will get the $5 refunded back to them. We are thrilled to be able to share the developer-friendly benefits of the Epic Games store with you all, and can’t wait for you to play our game."

>Valve currently claims 30 percent of revenues from games sold on Steam, while Epic only takes a 12 percent cut from games sold on its store, which includes the five percent Unreal Engine royalty for games that use it. (You can read more about the differences between the two stores here.) That in itself isn't likely to spark a consumer revolution, but it can result in lower prices: Metro Exodus on the Epic Store, for instance, clocked in at $10 less than its original Steam listing in North America.

Attached: Dzy1JONVYAAmQZk.jpg (978x645, 104K)

>UT4

I remember the announcement and beta years ago, played it for a bit, did it ever come out?

Tencent is the problem

Then how the fuck is it beneficial to anyone besides the people making money from the sales? Why would you want that as a customer? Are you an unironical drone that puts a company's interests before your own?

The competition anyone with a brain would want is where the game is available on every platform, so that game stores have to compete by lowering prices, making the game cheaper for the customer.

Sounds like Steam when they killed competition like Desura...

NO *ZAP* I'M NOT *ZAP *ALLOWED TO *ZAP* THINK *ZAP* STEAM IS A MONOPOLY *ZAP*

Well I like Diet Coke and Mountain Dew (Pepsi)

You act like people can't choose/use both.

Games are not crackers

Also
>Food analogy
The memes are true

I wasn't defending steam, just correcting him on Walmart

come out 10 years ago

One option would be to go the GoG route and enforce a DRM-free policy on their store while also giving up on exclusives. Since that won't happen, to reach baseline parity with Steam for my personal use it would need:
>no paid-for exclusives
>in-home streaming
>controller rebinding support
>VR support
>family sharing equivalent feature
>reviews on every game
>per-game forums
>Steam Workshop equivalent
>cloud saves
>hassle free refunds with terms at least as good as Steam
Epic would need all those features to attain basic parity for me. Those are things I personally use, Steam has other shit too but those aren't generally things I care about. Beyond reaching basic parity, it would need to also find some sort of feature for itself which makes it actually superior to Steam for me to use it, at least in some particular scenarios.

Nope! They cancelled development and took the UT4 team and put them on Fortnite BR.

fucking kek

wojaks on the front page

Epic would need a system for community feedback, refunds, and worthwhile sales for me to even BEGIN to consider using multiple clients.

Epic is so so so so much better thn shity fucking Steam lol only plebs with 5 kb int speed think otherwise

Then what do you want in this specific instance? Those Target and Walmart exclusive Blurays?

I was agreeing with your central point in regards to Walmart - and making it about Steam.

Attached: GUEST_cdde6119-62d6-40be-a714-822be3893834.jpg (488x488, 55K)

>food analogy

Literally just my friends starting to use it, but it should have at least user reviews a community hub, mods hub and friends messenger.

>cringe
inigomontoya.jpg

>>VR support

VR is a dead format

Don't bother arguing with epic-kun. Regardless of what he says he's driven by an irrational hatred of "steam drones" and nothing else, he won't even discuss other stores. He'd probably stab himself in the eye if he thought it'd spite steam users in some way.

itchio is clearly the winner

It's not that Chinese are soulless insect people, but Chinese businessmen are soulless insect people.

I like GoG. I have too many games on steam to switch to another platform. Blizzard will be dead within a year or two. Origin lmao. I didn't even knew Bethesda had a launcher until the fallout76 banning users debacle.

My concern is that it also applies to Epic Games being that they're backed by Tencent and they seem to be employing the same strategy, but the flair in your post was too much to not be misconstrued

>He'd probably stab himself in the eye if he thought it'd spite steam users in some way.

Same but thrown back to you about Epic and your hatred of nonexistent chinks

>No reviews
>No voice chat
>No community forums
>No workshop
>No screenshot sharing
>No wishlist
>No game tags
>No discovery queue
>No one-click online streaming
>No h-games
>No music category
>No software category
>No video category
>No linux support
>No mac support
>No regional pricing
>No payment option variety
>No marketplace
>No trading cards
>No trading
>No user profile customization
>No achievements
>No controller support
>No family sharing
>No overlay with browser
>No client skinning support
>No controller-friendly mode
>No local network gameplay streaming
>No cloud saves
>No backup feature
>No adding third party games to your list
>No third party key registration
>No reason to use Epic Store

Attached: 0e9.jpg (600x600, 30K)

Oh I'm not happy about Tencent, but GOG has been around since 2008 and has literally offered no competition to Steam.

I dislike the way epic do business, not the chinks or the people that use the service, because I'm not a retarded faggot.

Simple: They can't. Steam has the userbase, because Steam started years ago and everyone knows it and has it. It has mods, it has porn games, it has everything but the few games absolute retards blinded by greed refuse to put on there because they think they can get away with it, like ActiBlizz and their shitty TF2 clone with MOBA elements.

You can't win, because the userbase was scooped up long ago by Steam. You might as well ask for a viable PC competitor to Microsoft and Windows, another thing that will never happen, because they're functionally monopolies due to sheer userbase.

I bet Steam has more VR games than Epic store has games in total.

Good then you can't hate me.

>because they're functionally monopolies due to sheer userbase.

See even this guy gets it

>developers getting about 40% less income because jew gaben is a monopolist

ah, guess you forgot that bit

Because VR is a dumping ground for literal trash

Even the biggest break out VR game Beat Sabre still isn't that much of a hit game.

It doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t like any of the games that epic is offering anyways, so I’ll stay on Steam. I’m not really well informed on the whole issue, except that epic is owned in large part by a Chinese company, which is rather unfortunate. I have a pretty narrow interest and an even emptier wallet.

buying back the 40% that chinese control of epic.

Am I a developer? No? Oops, guess that doesn't apply to me, then.

Attached: 1512896809270.jpg (640x800, 99K)

>GOG
They'll always have their niche and they're content with it. They don't want to try going toe-to-toe with Steam, they know they'll always get BTFO because publishers don't like their DRM policy. And if they do drop the DRM policy, they lose the one thing that makes them unique and they just become a shittier Steam, just like all the other Steam knockoffs.

That's a little too blatant even for shills

I don't hate you. I pity you.

no its not shortsighted retards like you are responsible for loot boxes, dlc and microtransationcs "hurr its ok its only cosmetic and or optional" yeah no shit thats the first step the get the foot in the door you utter impecile as soon as it is establised as the ordinary the options go away you low iq retard.

Attached: 1550519675944.jpg (750x748, 82K)

The real question then is why did they even try then? My guess is they wanted to convert the Fortnite kids into buying customers before they discovered other platforms, but at the same time most Fortnite players are on console and mobile. These Epic finance execs might be greedy, but they're probably not stupid, and definitely did a lot of number crunching behind the scenes. Maybe they just anticipated Fortnite to keep growing forever? EA coming out of fucking nowhere with Apex doesn't help too.

But I thought it was dead. Why can't the Fortnite launcher beat a dead format?

Steam has gotten better and even at its inception was a marked improvement on shit like gamespy arcade

Platforms like steam make a lot more sense in the modern day than they did when it was made

I’m sure Epic was okay but so is origin; they just don’t stack up

why not pirate games that require steam too retard

>have basic shit like reviews, help forums, and actual customer service
>be not owned by tencent
I don't think I'm asking for too much.

Attached: 1531791676451.gif (200x193, 2.09M)

>instant refunds no questions asked with a limit of a day
uhh, what about games you can finish in 2 hours?

Because everyone is trying to compete in hopes of grabbing a slice of the pie, without realizing people tend to stick to what they already have and know. Sort of how everyone is trying to start their own streaming service shit like Netflix, but Netflix scooped up the majority years ago, and everything else is just a fringe competitor.

Breaking into a market is hard to impossible without severe customer unrest and incredible deals, neither of which Epic has to take advantage of. You'd have to have a large portion of the consumer base pissed off at Steam and be offering a permanent 90% off every single game released on your store to even have a chance.

Bring back daily deals and flash sales

>cult of personality
yup, he's the Xi Jinping of the west :^)

GoG Galaxy could have had DRM only games. If that's the only way they could get big games, then that's what they could have done.

GoG could still have its DRM free store front, but Galaxy could fix the issue

They probably ran with "Every Fortnight player=loyal epic store user! So that's like a easy billion dollars!" and snatching up games so they dont have to share.

>no cloud.
Really? What are they thinking? That users have only one PC to play in thus neglecting a feature which allows their users to transfer their saves from one pc to the other without any hassle?

>No Mac/Linux support.
I have several PC's as well as a mac laptop so this is a deal breaker.

>No controller support.
So they don't want their users to play fighting games? So they expect their users to play Fortnite only? Fuck that mang.

Yeah. I wont use Epic Launcher man.

Attached: 1532766252067.jpg (480x672, 77K)

>no choice for devs to turn off reviews, same review system steam has
>complete library match of games
>competitive discounts
>same or better refund system
>no censorship of games
>ability to redeem keys purchased off third-party sites with no penalty

basically what steam has, plus a complete migration of my current steam games over to epic with absolutely no cost whatsoever to me

if you think the US military were absolutely anal about replacing their service rifle they haven't met me

Attached: 1537776265966.jpg (500x401, 78K)

Tfw when u just want a launcher and not facebook 2.0

Attached: 164B15EB-A87A-4032-B283-653118EE87B7.jpg (720x960, 114K)

un-fucking real

Attached: 1 million kek.jpg (728x640, 500K)

>
>Notification for a free game (Thimbleweed Park)

You know he could have disabled, Steam drones?

Attached: Dz9lbynWkAAaqW4.jpg (308x254, 7K)

>have friends that play ubishit on uplay
>apex/battfield on origin
>refusing to by metro because of the epic launcher
I just don't get it, are they just band wagon faggots?

>no questions asked unlimited refunds
user as much as I want to root for the consumers,that's just a really stupid fucking idea.

Yes, user we also saw that twitter post
It still doesn't make it okay

>no way to play games offline
>can't have mods for your games (people can't use subnautica mods anymore)
What a great alternative!

Yes... it does... make it okay. A free game notification would be useless if you couldn't see it.

I'd honestly install Origin over the epic launcher.

*publishers

It doesn't need to be there in the first place
Advertise to me when I'm browsing the store, NOT when I'm trying to play a game

The fact that it exists is bad you mouthbreather

>Doesn't have user reviews

Kinda defeats your cuckolded arguments, doesn't it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_monopoly

Learn to read faggot.

>using ellipses on Yea Forums
Shills get out.

Attached: anime_tiddies.png (1200x1200, 944K)

to this very day, that picture still gets me.

Attached: q8211rcr4ao11.png (695x664, 396K)

>developers can turn them off when they please
>It totally has user reviews guys, as long as they're all positive!

I have to talk slow to Steam drones. Oh, sorry

I - HAVE TO - TALK - SLOW - TO - STEAM - DRONES

loads of fetures +american spywareVS no features + chink spyware

Attached: 1550585401675.jpg (1888x1227, 168K)

Fallacies Tencent shills use to try to make their shitheap look better, and how to debunk them.
>But the developers make more money!
The PUBLISHERS make more money per sale. The client has no benefit from this, whatsoever.
>But they'll sell games for less!
The very few games that lowered their prices because they'll technically get a bigger share of the pie, did so only as a publicity stunt, sponsored by Epic Games themselves. The rest are still full price. On top of this, you pay extra bank fees which Steam conveniently includes in the pricetag itself, but Epic Store does not.
>But Steam didn't have features when it launched!
Epic Store is not competing with Steam ten years ago. It is competing with Steam now. If a new phone store opens, and it doesn't sell smartphones, the excuse that "the store across the street didn't sell smartphones when it opened" would not fly.
>But it has exclusives!
...for exactly ONE year. Which they paid cold, hard cash for. Instead of enticing developers and publishers to choose for their platform, they bribed some executive at a publishing firm in a few shady deals to garner interest in their barren store. These deals are quite literally exchanging customer service and ease of use in return for large sums of money. See the first point, if you claim this is good for the developers.
>But Steam is a monopoly! It needs competition!
GoG, uPlay, Origin, Humblebundle, Bethesda Launcher, dozens of others. Plus the fact that Steam hands out keys for free, which may then be sold on whatever website the developer so wishes. From which they gain 100% revenue, by the way. A larger share than the 88% than Epic Store offers.

Attached: 1511602305711.png (372x539, 280K)

Can't wait until this eventually turns into "SUB TO EPIC MONTHLY TO DISABLE IN-GAME ADS".

>valve literally never going to release another game due to money from csgo skins
>people are still loyal to steam for some reason
Why?

>The PUBLISHERS make more money per sale.

Does this guy look like a publisher to you?

youtu.be/7V4UPiBOshY?t=92

1:32

>We got cash money for the exclusivity deal

I already defeated your post in one go my dude.

>unironically posting about launcher wars
launchers in general are shit, I'll pay for the game to support the devs then pirate it to play without one

>These deals are quite literally exchanging customer service and ease of use in return for large sums of money.
I know reading is hard, sweety, but at least try next time.

You are forced to use origin or ubishit for many games too what's your point?

>he only responds to the people he can shitpost to
the absolute state of Epic shills

See? Epic is running on pure filth.

Been anti piracy forever but this is a case where it's justified. Filth begets filth.

jesus
even more of a reason not to install

Attached: 1532413910632.png (566x398, 161K)

Games that short don't deserve money to begin with

Steam has notoriously shit customer service, nice try my dude.

Steam had to be dragged kicking and screaming into courts to even start doing refunds

do everything steam does but better, and also cheaper.
It is the only way.

also they must publicly apologize and write an essay about why exclusivity deals are bad for gaming

See: Steam drones literally have to make shit up to get some small win

It cant do anything, I already have several hundred games on my steam account and its client is inferior to steam for the consumer.
They are welcome to suck off the corporations all they want but I dont give a flying fuck about their profit margins.
Not to mention common sense dictates steering fucking clear of anything tainted by chinks

>Steam has notoriously shit customer service
Yet I have managed to get multiple refunds without too much of a fuss, using the website that they have created specifically for support issues, and not a single email interchange was required.

see Epic chinks literally have to ignore reason to get some small win

That's automated

It's clear no human ever looked at my refund requests when they were approved

too late now, they have already divided people. Some people now will have a grudge against Epic no matter what.

so how is it notoriously shit if it's automated?

>Talking to a bot is good enough for me

>You literally have FEWER features if you aren't a high enough level
Yeah, user, you sound like an incredibly social guy who really needs those exclusively social features. Curse the damned social cards and their social interactions!

>Steam users when they see Epic users

Attached: D0B5ZdXW0AE_FUG.png (609x157, 16K)

Free Tibet but also fuck Steam

This.

Games
Reviews
Not being owned by chinks

Reviews

uPlay, Origin and Battle.net also don't have reviews.

>why don't u guize like epic?
Ask the devs, and why most of them go through Steam and not Epic. I guess they don't trust Tencent either.

Those are all bad stores, what’s your point? Epic wants to be a big boy and buy out exclusivity for games they didn’t create, so they need to make me want to use their store.

And I don't use any of those either. Are you retarded?

Some people have said they like Origin better - so when Epic gets reviews, you'll have no choice but to say Epic Store is good, right?

>Stop visiting Yea Forums for a few weeks
>People are still defending Epic buying storefront exclusivity and bringing console-tier shit to PC when it has zero benefits for the people actually buying and playing the games

Why?

Attached: 1360981159681.jpg (524x468, 73K)

If you can't see positives to Steam getting competition, you're either a Steam drone or not thinking hard enough

No, because I don't use origin. I will not use software owned by chinks.

Origin is quite shit. The only thing it's good at is downloading games at 100MB/s, Steam usually doesn't reach quite that high a speed.

>Steam getting competition

The only way Steam 'competes' against Epic buying exclusivity is for Valve to start buying exclusives themselves, and that just makes things worse. Steam improving doesn't suddenly make Epic unable to keep buying exclusives. Besides Epic doesn't even offer key generation for publishers to sell to third-party sites (which will actually compete on price) and Epic probably never will given that they already only take 12% and giving keys that will results in 0% sales likely brings them below the profitability line for running a digital store

American ToS bullshit > Chinese spyware

TIANANMEN SQUARE 1989
FREE TIBET

This, I like how they seems to forget that there is always an alternative for any exclusive platform.

That 100% key generation only works if you can sell them yourself, which most don't and do it through Fanatical and Humble Bundle which I guarantee doesn't offer as anything as good as Epic's 12%

You're also forgetting even if they get that 100%, they have to pay 5% revenue to Unreal if they're using UE4.

>people
Epic employees, retard.

Attached: 1550274069027.webm (320x240, 2.83M)

>Steam getting competition
You are retarded, user. Steam is getting competition for publishers. But I am not a publisher, user, I'm a consumer.
Epic just shat onto the product I'm using. And now there's literally nothing Valve can do about removing this pile of Epic shit. No amount of improvements Valve can implement can directly compensate for the fucking turd I now have to deal with.

For consumers, there's literally no competition going on. Epic is unable to compete with Steam on this field and they know it. So, their choice was not to improve their own product but to indirectly make other products worse. That's not "healthy" competition. As the end consumer, I'm getting nothing out of it, hence there's literally no "positives" for me here.

Either way, with Epic Store as a dev, you win.

With Steam, your chance has a good chance of flopping with most of it going to Valve's coffers

Attached: epic store steam split.jpg (714x1017, 83K)

>That 100% key generation

Nobody is talking about devs/publishers getting 100%, just that they can already make better than 70% by selling to third-party key sellers by generating keys for free on Steam, which benefits people who buy games by being able to get cheaper games. Epic likely won't ever do this as it could seriously drill into Epic's bottom line from savvy consumers who know where to buy games, and Epic already doesn't take very much for themselves. Looking at Steam reviews of titles like REmake 2 you can split between reviews from users who buy directly from Steam and those that don't. 12,130 directly from Steam, 10,547 from 'Other.' That's an enormous amount of game sales that aren't happening directly on Steam

>with Epic Store as a dev

I'm not a dev so I don't give a fuck. If they want me to use the Epic Games Store they need to convince me why I should want to use it as a customer.

>its still alive partially
but why

>with Epic Store as a dev, you win
But with Epic Store as a customer you lose. And if the customer doesn't buy, then with Epic Store you lose as a dev too! Oops!

Fucking furries

>If they want me to use the Epic Games Store they need to convince me why I should want to use it as a customer.

Exclusive games

The games will bring the gamers (and I'm talking real gamers, the ones who will actually buy the game, not crybullies that pretend to be fans of the series but then leave negative reviews on the old entries)

Attached: DyM3rSVVYAU--jJ.jpg (336x787, 37K)

>you pay us 12%
>this is somehow better than pay what you want
With Epic Store as a dev, not only will you pay more, you put your customers at risk for ID fraud and god only knows what else because of Tencent. With Itch.io, you keep more and your customers aren't betrayed.

Dumb shill scum.

Attached: HURDURepicisgoodHURDUR.png (871x264, 25K)

Have games

>Exclusive games

That doesn't work when piracy is always the second option. You need to convince me why using a digital store is better than piracy and Epic's store sure as shit isn't.

>Itch.io

Uhm yeah, that's a yikes from me

Attached: itchio.png (744x1040, 149K)

Re2 was given away free with several AMD products as part of a promotion.

>YOU NEED TO CONVINCE ME
>THE PIRATE WHO WAS GONNA PIRATE ANYWAY

Attached: steam cuck.jpg (978x972, 182K)

GoG is competition and uses reviews
kill yourself

Not him, but that's not an argument, user.
"Exclusive games" work when you provide exclusive games as opposed to simply moving the games somewhere else and locking them up. Epic didn't provide shit for consumers so far.

reviews are a fucking great.
you can always ignore the score and read 10 random reviews. the negative ones are the most helpful, along the longest of the positive ones done by some good soul who dissected the gameplay for you.

>game is being review bombed
>read reviews, it's gooks getting angry at localization. you don't care so you buy it

>game has a lot negative reviews
>read reviest. they mostly talk about how hard the game is and how there is no single player campaign. you don't care because you wanted to play an hard multiplayer game so you buy it

>game has a lot of positive reviews
>read them. it's just people sucking off dev's dick and letting everything slide because it's early access, from reading them you understand the game is not yet balanced and can't hold 1 hour of gameplay unless you are autistic, so you don't buy it.

god tier feature, just use it right.

Put all of the people they took off of the Unreal Tournament project to work on fortnite back on UT2016

>"Exclusive games" work when you provide exclusive games as opposed to simply moving the games somewhere else and locking them up.

An exclusive is an exclusive. Doesn't have to fit your retarded terms. Does Epic have exclusive games? Yes.

>Projecting your massive butthurt this hard

And they say "steam drones" are oversensitive.

>literally informs you a game is being review bombed to give you a more open mind
What is your point here?

Not when there are limitations. As it's the case with Steam.
I couldn't refund my 500+ hours Civ5 copy even if i wanted to, but i could refund a copy of Far Cry New Dawn if i bought it on launch last week and only played it for like an hour.

>Exclusive games
That doesn't convince me to use their shit, that convinces me to skip. There are more games to play than there is time to play them all. Exclusivity does nothing but make it easier to decide which games I should ignore. If they're going to fuck me over by attempting to force me to buy from a worse store, then I don't need to give them money and I don't need to play their game. It's that simple.

>Still refuses to learn the difference between first-party and third-party exclusives

Hey guys, I found this anons biggest weakness.

Drop exclusivity approach, improve service so that it's better than Valve's. Now you see why they chose former.

>I-I-IT'S DIFFERENT

Is the game exclusive? The answer is yes.

Well when you bring limitations into the mix,it makes the system alot more balanced. The way you phrased it before is that people can get a refund on a game no matter how long they played based on how much they paid,which would be heavily abused

>An exclusive is an exclusive.
user, my shit is exclusive to my ass, that doesn't mean you now have to fly here and lick it.
"Exclusive" is not always a selling point - it depends on the approach. Epic managed to pull off the worst possible approach. They do not provide shit. They evidently took shit away. There's literally no reason for people to have a positive opinion about their store.

This user gets it. User reviews are fucking incredible, if you know how to read them right. They always tell the truth.

Then we can look to other major releases for percentage comparisons.
Ace Combat 7: 27% non-Steam reviews
Hitman 2: 67% non-Steam reviews
Darksiders 3: 37% non-Steam reviews
Just Cause 4: 36% non-Steam reviews
Wargroove: 10% non-Steam reviews
Sunless Skies: 34% non-Steam reviews

These aren't near-zero numbers. Significant portions of sales are through these third-party sites, which is why Epic would never implement the selling of third-party keys given how little they make per-sale in the first place

You're not who they're after, as you're a jackass who can't be lead to drink

But they will find a game that'll force you to use the service - like the retards on Yea Forums already worried about having to use Bethesda Launcher to play Doom Eternal.

So in your logic rise of the tomb raider is exclusive to Microsoft even though they didn't fund development in any way.

Also I just got bored with 'major' releases and went with more titles overall that just came out more recently to see more of the effect third-party sites can have when things are closer to the release date

It was exclusive for 1 year

Did it work? Probably not, because MS hasn't done it since.

>But they will find a game that'll force you to use the service

Unless it's a multiplayer game he can always just pirate

So something like RDR2 or Doom Eternal

He doesn't have principles, he just is easily defeated by multiplayer DRM.

>or Doom Eternal

Yeah because people bought DOOM for the multiplayer

Snap Map was online only

>But they will find a game that'll force you to use the service
Like what? I will never support Epic's exclusivity bribes, so the only possible options are games made by Epic themselves. I'm afraid I don't play Fortnite, so I don't think there's any such game in the foreseeable future that Epic could tempt me with.

Doom Eternal is a 1st party exclusive, so it's not the same situation.

It's 40% owned by chink tencent.

But the problem with Epic was that Steam drones didn't want to install program

Now you suddenly want to with Doom Eternal

Steam drones can't seem to keep their stories straight...

Hitman Absolution and THI4F are good games now?

>But the problem with Epic was that Steam drones didn't want to install program
That was never my problem, I already use multiple clients and stores, like at least 5 of them. I'm pretty sure I had Bethesda's launcher installed as well at some point, I believe it was used for Quake Champions. Do you think you can actually provide coherent conversation when you attempt to argue against some straw man you imagined, or what?

My problem with Epic is that exclusivity bribes are anti-consumer. I'm not going to support anti-consumer exclusivity on one of the worst stores out there.

Nah, your just a faggot that willfully misrepresents people in an attempt to win/shill.
Notice how the only major outcry was over Metro, I wonder why that is?

*publishers get 30% less
ftfy

It's the third game in a series

Steam controllers didn't flop you chink

be better than steam

protip: not gonna happen

oh...and since 95% of all my games are on steam, i'm not going to install another launcher.
uplay and origin annoyed the shit out of me.

if it's not on steam, not gonna buy

Go back in time 10 years and stop me from racking up 110 steam games
They may win the next generation but my ship has sailed

Another successful thread

THE STEAM DRONES DEFEATED
THE EPIC HEROES ELATED

LET'S SING THE BARD'S SONG

>be bloatware like steam
Hmm really makes ya think

-Dissociate itself from Tencent and the chinese government

-stop stealing my personal info

-Stop using scheme tactics like buying store exclusives on 3rd party titles

-offer a proper review section for the users

-dedicated forums so that issues from games can be discussed within the userbase and the developers

-proper fucking refund system that isnt bullshit like it is now

-no censorship of vidya totally within the law

-let us buy keys outside of their store for their games

-offer a variety of games larger than the fucking ps4 library

-offer better deals than Steam

That simple, i dont love steam, just offe a better service instead of trying to AstroTurf me into your SHIT service faggot niggers.

>I'll only use Epic Store if it turns into a social network like Steam!

FELLOW BOOMERS

LEAVE

I'M GOING IN

Attached: 1550847323409.png (547x388, 370K)

i actually hated it back then.
but mostly not, because it's steam, because CS1.5 was no longer avaible.
Only a mod made it possible to play 1.5 (noWON) which lead to the downfall of the 1.5 community.
1.6 somehow never really interested me as much as 1.5 ...dunno why.

sure, they had some serious problems with it in the beginning, but damn...they really made a great platform.

>to this day stupid dipshits still believe this bait pic is actually him

Goddamn this board is full of dumbasses

So... Yea Forumsalve lost again

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post

My only big gripe with Epic is that every so often when you start up the epic game launcher all you get is this launcher sized black screen of absolutely fuck all going on. If they can stop that from ever occuring then it's plenty fine.

go away

You first, Steam drone

You leave Blind Guardian out of this you fucking shit stain.

I was here first, Mr. Shill.

In my thoughts and in my dreams
They're always in my mind
These posts by drones, shills and cucks
For Steam
You can use Epic too

so that's the trick! I'm such an idiot, I was using Epic Store as a customer instead of a dev! thanks for the advise user, be blessed

I won't use epic because it's owned by tencent.

Normal people have friends they game with.

Attached: 1460360050651.jpg (469x746, 86K)

Don't care, fag

Attached: 1449512402491.jpg (567x561, 47K)

im a dev, and no, epic offers the worst platform
even fucking discord has matchmaking and networking (and takes less of a cut)
there's a reason why epic has to pay, no one will move over voluntarily

As a dev why wouldn't you want to put your game on every platform?
Exclusives don't help you and they don't help the consumer.

>Turning down money

It's your funereal

i have 2k games on steam how am I supposed to make epic my primary platform? there's only like 6 games in my library and those were freebies

1. SEE HOW BIG IS THE GAME BEFORE DOWNLOADING IT

2. SETTING MAXIMUM DOWNLOAD SPEED. SO IT DOESN'T FUCK UP MY INTERNET BROWSING

3. THAT'S IT. FUCKING DO IT.

Attached: 1523068474502.jpg (792x578, 119K)

>Steam cucks worship black men

AHAHHAHAHAHHA

HOW DARE THEY GIFT ME A GAME!!!