Shiren the Wanderer is returning!

4gamer.net/games/450/G045093/20190222027/
Shiren the Wanderer is returning! Do you care?
Mystery Dungeon games are lovely, and Shiren the Wanderer is great. I want this to be good.

Attached: 001.jpg (986x1024, 448K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2019/02/22/spike-chunsoft-appears-to-be-teasing-a-new-shiren-the-wanderer-game/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well. It's not like I really expected anyone else to care but oh well.

But muh Pokemon mysteury dungon

I care a little bit.

redpill me on Shiren the wanderer, OP
what kind of game is it? why was it good in the first place, what are your hopes, fears and expectations?

Not OP
Japanese roguelike, grandfather of the mystery dungeon series which spawned titles like mystery dungeon pokemon, chocobo dungeon, torneko and some others.

It's a really small series, even more in the West with the few localizations it had.

My first Mystery Dungeon experience was with the titty ninja series Izuna.

Also throwing this one in, because it's obviously inspired by MD.

Attached: Azure_Dreams_Coverart.png (256x256, 138K)

The Shiren games are what is most likely the most prominent Mystery Dungeon games. At the very least if you disregard licenced titles like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons games and the likes that may have exceeded it in fame.

That said the Mystery Dungeon games are pretty traditional roguelike games. As in genuine roguelikes that could fit under the Berlin interpretation (and only the most anal of contrarians would argue otherwise).

Gridbased world. When you move, the enemies move. If you don't move, nothing else moves.
Dungeon crawling survival game. Manage resources and parameters such as your equipment/durability, energy/food, consumables, etc etc as you try to venture through as many floors of the dungeon as possible in any given run.
That's the basis, and then the games differ across different iterations. But they're great. If you ever played other roguelikes like Azure Dreams or ZHP or whatever then you should have a fairly good idea of what Shiren is too.

Is it? The premisse is completely different and far removed.

The gameplay in the dungeon is very similar.

I'd say so. It could have practically had the Mystery Dungeon Subtitle.
In a way it's a way expanded Torneko: The Last Hope, which was an official Mystery Dugneon game.

I liked the pokemon mystery dungeon games and have been interested in the others. How does Shiren the Wanderer and Chocobo's differ?

The best PS1 game on the entire system.

when? I would like them to remove day/night cycle. it kinda fucking kills the rng too much

>when?
If I understand the article correctly they'll reveal it soon™.

Let me guess, to PS4? Fuck Sony. They killed Vita before Shiren gets another game for the Vita

Too bad Konami doesn't make games anymore

I'd assume to the Switch since it's handheld. But I guess it could come to PS4 and PC too.

I can't read that. Any details in there?

>That's why basic information is being hidden, but with the catch phrase "everywhere, everywhere, dive all the time!", "The wind of the wonderland" series The image which seems to be "dragon" which appeared in the series of "Shiren of the coming" series has been released. I wonder if this is "good to expect".
portable confirmed
dragon theme?

>By the way "Siren of the wind" is the 25th anniversary from the release of the first series in 2020. As the latest title, in December 2010, "Siren 5 Fortune Tower and Destiny of Fate of Wonderland" is a Nintendo DS, "Wonderland Dungeon Wind Sierene 5+ Fortune Tower and Fate of Destiny" 2015 In June, they are released respectively.
25th anniversary
latest game were on DS

this may be a good place to ask
did anyone here play the chocobo dungeons game? i remember playing some of then and having fun,I'm on the fence about buying the new one.
was the series good or it's just nostalgia/love for chocobo talking

Who the fuck cares. Where is pokemon mystery dungeon

Not that it matters, but Torneko actually predates Shiren.

Isn't a remake of the Wii/DS one? Don't think it's actually out yet anyway.

What. Torneko got his first game on the PS1. Shiren the Wanderer started on SNES. Unless you mean the character himself, but that's irrelevant to the topic.

>mfw some zoomer can't be bothered using wikipedia

Attached: Torneko_no_Daib%C5%8Dken_Fushigi_no_Dungeon_Cover.jpg (233x426, 27K)

Nope the first torneko game is on the SNES there’s even an English fan translation

Attached: 2D013451-D269-4D97-9CEA-38214530032B.jpg (220x402, 34K)

Huh, you learn something new every day. Thanks lads.

I fucking love shorten the wanderer, this is amazing news

It's a roguelike, but unlike many PC rogues it's accessible on count of having graphic, music by DQ composer and being simplified a bit

That said even if it's simpler than a game like DCSS it's still pretty deep and has a shitlord of interaction and secrets and you get anxious as fuck hoping to not die and lose all your progress, it's an amazing game

>Dragon theme

The character in the picture is called "oryu" which translates into dragon, she's from the first game so people have been speculating it's a mobile port of the first one

I'm ashamed to say it but the only Mystery Dungeon games I was able to get into were the Pokemon ones. Etrian was garbage and something about the Vita one just wasn't doing it for me.

>still haven't bought Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon

Come on son

Attached: chocobo.jpg (1137x640, 68K)

What game for Vita? Shiren the Wanderer Dungeon? Because that game is fucking hard. Sorcery Saga? That game is fucking easy.

it's mobile gacha shit:
>Again, the teaser was also reported on Famitsu’s app portal, so it’ll definitely have smartphones involved.
siliconera.com/2019/02/22/spike-chunsoft-appears-to-be-teasing-a-new-shiren-the-wanderer-game/

It was called "the tower of fortune" or something. I think it was a DS port.

Why does everywhere say it is releasing end of March if it is out already? Or is that some pre-load thing?

It's just a pre-order, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon officially releases on March 20.

chocobo's dungeon 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and i've already preordered the new one on switch.
the new one has gameplay changes like the buddy system that make it more like pokemon mystery dungeon. i'm in favor of it because there will never be another pokemon mystery dungeon game.

This

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy is the closest thing we get as a substitute for PMD and Azure Dreams

I played the one that came out on the vita and hated it. Shit sucked.

If you're into roguelike like that, I highly recommend Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics. That was bloody great.

Nothing will ever substitute Azure Dreams until I develop it.

Attached: th_GhoshSwimsuit.gif (120x127, 2K)

Shit. Kinda disappointing, eh?

PLAY TOUHOU GENSO WANDERER

how would even make a mystery dungeon gatcha ?

ok you guys got me. i will buy this one

> how would even make a mystery dungeon gatcha ?
It's a roguelike game. So buying stuff from loot boxes before going into the dungeon fits perfectly or the chests that you find can be made more precious by paying.
Oooor: Pay money to keep some of your stuff upon death. Or pay some money for extra health in the last seconds.

Go for it. The original Japanese game had marriage, and you could even marry this faggot.
Perfect for today´s sjw shit tranny trans faggotry going on.

There was no marriage in any version, you could never date Gosh either. The only difference is that the japanese version has voice acting.

Attached: 1316310109492.png (493x402, 7K)

Pay money for companions.