When was the last time you discovered a new game because of Yea Forums?

When was the last time you discovered a new game because of Yea Forums?
Its shocking how seldom that happens. Do people have no taste here or just want to discuss the latest AAA blunder of the week?

Attached: 1538012288366.jpg (480x953, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1a1bfSt3IWi
ghostbin.com/paste/zutnb
ghostbin.com/paste/u89nf
ghostbin.com/paste/76qpu
pastebin.com/TE23QQez
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yea Forums introduced me to Yakuza a while ago and I enjoyed the first game well enough.
In general, you just have to not be an idiot and go into threads that aren't worth your time. There's a catalog for a reason.

I mean Yea Forums is my main source for discovering new games, so yesterday maybe?

And you should learn to sort the catalog by new, you'd be surprised what games get talked about for 20 replies then die.
Some of the best discussions were on these sort of threads.

Probably Four Elements Trainer.

Slay the Spire

This is a normie site now full of people who unironically join facebook groups and use reddit

Never, because anytime anyone posts any new small game its the same few replies
>shill
>go away shitdev
>who cares lmao
>it's a shitty (insert barely related game here) clone
I made a thread for ballistic ng the other day and that's what I got

Attached: 1482415626501.jpg (437x501, 46K)

Degrees of Lewdity

Yea Forums seething about BotW made me decide to try it. I loved it and started playing the other Zeldas, and now BotW is my least favourite Zelda, though I still like it.

Hollow knight and celeste in 2018. Nothing else since then.

>Yea Forums doesn't like games
Colour me surprised

Atom rpg and pathfinder kingmaker. both stellar games.

Last year with Hollow Knight.

Patrician taste, you're one of the good ones.

People were discussing the Anno games and someone brought up Patrician 3. It's an old game but it counts.

Honestly can't remember, probably Witcher 2 or Metro.
This place isn't for video games any more, it's a shithole for faggots reposting their shitty ideology threads, and it's not like that's gonna change since it's working.

Yea Forums introduced me to Kingdoms of Amalur. it sucked

I have a 6.8kb .txt file of game names alone taken from Yea Forums ready to pirate when I buy new hard drives because my current 8tb storage capacity is full with games I already pirated. So I'd say I discover new games here pretty often.

E.Y.E
Mount & Blade
FTL

Probably others I don't remember.

I don't know any other place on the internet where you can have an E.Y.E thread, or discuss niche indie games and get 300+ responses.

Attached: eyetelefrag.webm (800x450, 2.76M)

>8tb of games
Good Lord, man

Enderal was a pretty good mod that Yea Forums recommended a few days ago, besides that the board is really fucking bad.

Seriously, if you want to discuss about politics in videogames, do it, i don't care. Just don't post it in Yea Forums, go to /pol/ you fucking retard

Gotta grow that backlog penis bro.

This board is garbage but I also don't visit other video game sites so it introduces me to just about every game.

Yea Forums introduced me to New Vegas because Yea Forums was parading it like it was the greatest game ever
I played it, actually loved it, wanted to start posting about it on Yea Forums, but then Yea Forums adopted the β€œdude NV sucks F3 and 4 are so much better” double contrarianism and now it’s impossible to have a good NV discussion on Yea Forums

Katawa Shoujo

>Yea Forums adopted
You mean reddit refugees and actual, shameless shills.

I probably wouldn't have gotten Labyrinth of Refrain or Hollow Knight without Yea Forums. Definitely getting that slug cat game eventually too.

Its rare, yes. But that's because I'm normally really on the ball about gaming. Yea Forums is a nice safety net.

Rain World
Learn2filter 99% of the trash here.

I didn't know apex legends existed until the constant shitposting made me aware of it. Tried it and it's pretty fun.

Attached: showdown jason genova vader rich piana.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Word

>When was the last time you discovered a new game because of Yea Forums?
yesterday

>Yea Forums seething about BotW made me decide to try it. I loved it and started playing the other Zeldas, and now BotW is my least favourite Zelda
In other words Yea Forums was right that Turd in the Wilderness is a gigantic overhyped and overmemed by game starved mental Nintendicklet Switchlets piece of shit

ok

A few weeks ago i saw some BR game, but with magic and shit. Looked interesting, but i never bothered checking it out

Rain World like two weeks ago.

out of memory, Yea Forums got me to try out (and i enjoyed 'em)
God Hand
Deus Ex
Yakuza series

Nowadays not so much great suggestions, maybe there'll be something lying in wait, who knows.

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

Back in 2015
with Undertale

video games here just ended. it's all cencorship/tranny politics now here.

Attached: 1533899233309.jpg (800x798, 121K)

Slap city, which made me discover a lot of games from the same devs. Good times.

you pathetic incel LOOOLLL

Attached: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.jpg (500x313, 19K)

I found out about Touhou here a long time back but I never actually played any of it until recently. Now I can't stop myself from playing until I 1cc every game at least once, it's just too damn fun and scratches that ADHD itch too damn well. Thanks Yea Forums!

Attached: 1548136622391.png (720x1280, 208K)

True enough I suppose but they feel like the majority nowadays nonetheless

Spellbreak? I was an early alpha playtester for a few months but I can finally talk about it now that NDA is lifted.
The mechanics and spell combos are all very cool, but the entire idea is wasted on the BR gamemode. Also I'd say Apex kinda took the spotlight

>Yea Forums loved Undertale from the time the demo came out, up until about two days after release
>Toby Fox predicted this to the minute.
There is no more pathetic group on the internet than Yea Forums.

Last week with rune factory frontier for the Wii. Found a rom and started playing on dolphin. It's just as comfy as the thread was describing

Yeah, thats the one. Ill check it out when it comes to steam. Did they say anything about the pricing model?

>posting the outdated version
epic

Attached: 1538012650834.jpg (406x1024, 85K)

You have to be 18 to post here.

Attached: 32694D63-5437-4452-8210-390B6C607A8B.png (1024x576, 377K)

That version is outdated, because none of those memes on the bottom are relevant anymore.

Post more pics from that scene

>posting the /r/Yea Forums version

The last game I remember discovering through Yea Forums was Persona 4 Golden back when it came out with those scooby doo-esque threads and it became my favorite game ever. I also think I discovered FNAF through Yea Forums and it was a wild ride watching those two streamers playing it at the same time and trying to get to the end first.

This is what made me play Deltarune and get into the Undertale series: vocaroo.com/i/s1a1bfSt3IWi

Attached: Mfw+xenu+is+real+_dcfc1d6220295091ff6e80d385c0022d.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>no sneedspam
Not accurate for 2017-

I don't think you care anymore if your meme picture isn't accurate at the 5th tier

Both of these are from r/Yea Forums
Bottom one in OP image doesn't even have anything from Yea Forums

>Bottom one in OP image doesn't even have anything from Yea Forums
Because that's what Yea Forums is now, twitter screenamcaps and facebook memes

someone gets it

Disgaea series i was a poorfag so i never got to play the originals on ps2

Attached: 1407329566541.jpg (850x1238, 118K)

xenoblade chronicles 2, this webm helps, thanks Yea Forums

Attached: 1514273048025.webm (960x540, 1.75M)

Look at the right.
Also what said.

How the fuck did I miss this

Attached: NicCage.webm (400x200, 1.97M)

Hotel Dusk 2 years ago

Fuck off.

No that's stupid
If that were true then you would include the Yea Forums posts that have the twitter screencaps, you know LIKE THE FIRST 3 FUCKING SECTIONS DID
Stop trying to find an excuse for this reddit shit.
As bad as shit is you wont see a image posted saying "when people send you snaps but you already have that same snap in your story" or whatever. Shit like that doesnt has nothing to do with Yea Forums at all.

The last section was probably made by someone too scared to even come here and who only heard Yea Forums posts stuff from twitter otherwise it would have screencaps like the others.

Pic related is the best follow-up so far

Attached: 1485601543734.jpg (480x953, 147K)

ok

Hollow Knight

this is literally me right now lmao

Attached: firefox_2019-02-22_21-50-21.png (261x577, 16K)

You fuck off, incel.

Rain World, I think? Not sure if Yea Forums introduced me to it, but they certainly won't stop talking about it.

Unironically pathetic. May as well go to resetera if you want a hugbox.

they are all smash threads m8

Faggot

Yea Forums got me into Suda51 games.
Thank you Yea Forums.

I fucking love this game, some based user even hooked me up with the rom
Thanks Yea Forums

Attached: eternalcov.jpg (640x623, 73K)

Almost ecactly a year ago.

SCP Secret Lab is legit fun and with anons it's the funnest multiplayer I've played this decade.

Attached: 1532614952569.png (800x1661, 717K)

Never. In fact the last game I was recommended by anybody on this website was Metal Max. And that was on /vr/ in a thread that got next to no attention.

Aw hell yeah. I last played right before they added the meat dog, but I want to get back into it.
I’ll make some threads about it over the weekend to get more people on the server.

o-okay
Just so long as you understand

Stoneshard a few days ago.
Well it isn't out yet but I'm looking forward to it now and the playable prologue was good.

I skimmed over Rain World multiple times until I started looking at the threads on Yea Forums
I can't believe a game of that quality flew under my radar for so long

eternally pissed at the newfag dumbass who added the fourth panel to this without understanding what the first three were trying to convey

Kenshi, would probably enjoy it aswell if my potato computer was not having a heart attack when a few people show up

Yea Forums introduced me to the dod series back in 2014.

Why does it look like she gets younger in the 5th image? And why did she suddenly get a beauty mark?

pic related

Attached: ribi.png (643x351, 101K)

Last weekend we had three continous threads from friday to monday so it seems mods are getting more lenient about the game

Attached: 1525187432809.png (707x1000, 379K)

Metro. /v shlled me to buy it.

I cried like an absolute bitch at the final episode goddammit.

Attached: 3425054-relife+final+arc+key+art+copy.jpg (1238x653, 126K)

>pepes/wojaks/eceleb image hashes'
ghostbin.com/paste/zutnb
ghostbin.com/paste/u89nf
ghostbin.com/paste/76qpu
>my text filters
pastebin.com/TE23QQez

I'm playing The World End with You on DS for the first time and I'm having an amazing time

Attached: 1549059848979.jpg (592x512, 30K)

Holy fuck I take it all back, these filters are fucking godtier.